The FM08 Career Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by 68_Grandad_99:

Well i have a job and it's off to sunny Brazil! Itumbiara of the Third Division await, no money for transfers, they are 2nd in the league and the board want the league within 2 years.

good luck icon14.gif

Following a slump in form at Havant and Waterlooville I decided to resign and see if I could get a job at a bigger club.

Applied for jobs in Scotland and Italy aswell as a couple in England and Burton Albion decided to offer me a job.

They're currently sitting 2 points off relegation with 7 games left so I'll just be hoping they survive and try and get them upto mid-table hopefully.

Season Team Country League League Finish Achievements

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oct 07-Mar 08 Havant and Waterlooville England Blue Square South Left when 9th in table

Mar 08 - ??? Burton Albion England Blue Square Premier

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oct 07 - Mar 08 Havant and Waterlooville England Blue Square South Left when 9th in Table

Mar 08 - ??? Burton Albion England Blue Square Premier

</pre>

Originally posted by happy slappy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 68_Grandad_99:

I lost my first game in charge and GOT SACKED!!! WHAT THE HELL!?

Well that sucks.

Good luck in your new job where ever it may be. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I keep getting offered jobs in Brazil but my previous experience has soured my view of the country, i'd quite like a job in India.....

***************NEWSFLASH****************

In a shock appointment,Spanish second division B4 team Lucena cf announced that English unknown manager Stephen Powell would be their new manager. Chairman Jon Ander expects Powell to keep the club up and admited that there was no money available for squad re-building.Powell admited that this will be the biggest challenge of his life but will not dissapoint his chairman and will even try for promotion to forfill the chairman's dreams of playing in La Liga inside 10-15 years.

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q239/stevio11/Newmanagerunveiled.jpg

My name has been put among the favourites for nearly every job in League 2 for teams that are unlikely to offer there manager a new contract, there was only 1 job there that would interest me as during this career game they are 1 of the teams I want to manage, so I declare interest in them, they say I only have an outside chance of getting the job. icon_frown.gif

Might have to wait for it to come up again.

First season finished with Burton Albion, dodged relegation by 1 point and finished in 20th place

Signed up pretty much a whole new team of released players so will be hoping for a better season either pushing for playoff place or finishing top half at least.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2007/2008 Havant and Waterlooville England Blue Square South Left when 9th in Table

2007/2008 Burton Albion England Blue Square Premier 20th

</pre>

Quick Update, about half way through my first season at Juve and things are going swimmingly, sitting top of serie A with a 3 point lead over inter. only 1 loss so far this season away at fiorentina in the cup. i am regularly scoring at least 3 goals in a game..

Merida has been awesome with around 20 assists so far, Cavani is top scorer with 16 but he is injured now. Abenzoar scored consecutive champions league hattricks in an easy group of Roda JC, Schalke and Copenhagen. Scored like 25+ goals in those 6 games. Man Utd await me in the first KO round.

Just took a look to see how Gratkorn were doing. 9th. All that hard work undone. Celestini the swiss player is in charge and has implented swedens Rosenberg as a coach. All the players morale is pischpoor and all want to leave.

Originally posted by Adam C:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by happy slappy:

So that's two people at "top" jobs.

ToMexico!! at Juventus and iacovone at Spurs.

Dammit Ipswich offer me a job already!

icon_biggrin.gif

does Morton count as a big club? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well they are bigger than Gutersloh which is the club I am currently managing. Just want to get through the season and then probably swap clubs again!

My Goalie is ruled out for 3 months with an injury.

icon_mad.gif

My only half-decent back-up is cack, and we just played in the quarter final of the opening stage (what is that?) and won 5-4 on agg,

Now we are in the Semi's against Colo Colo, of which I'm not that confident about.

icon_frown.gif

Sorry but stevio has quit his career game due to the team he had losing most of their games,could not get any players in hence relegation looming means can't play the team.Will have to start another but not so lower leagues in some country's,they are so bad.

2008/09 End of Season

After messing up Stranraers transfers in the pre-season, I resigned and accpeted an job at Gutersloh in the German Regional Division West. It was a 1 year contract and as they are an amateur club I wasnt getting paid.

As a result I decided I would stay for the season and see what I could do with the club, and I did meet the requirements of safety but have now resigned due to wanting to make some money in this career.

Also not sure I really enjoyed managing an amateur club, so its back to the job market for me.

Career So Far

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2007/08 Stranraer Scotland Third Division 6th

2008/09 Stranraer Scotland Third Division Resigned 7 July 2008

2008/09 Gutersloh Germany Regional Division West 8th Resigned end of season

</pre>

17/18 Juventus - Serie A

Media Prediction 2nd

Transfer Budget 70mil

Wage Budget 92mil per annum

I had finally made it into the big time. After 7 seasons at Gratkorn in Austria it was time to move on. I had a cheeky stab in the dark at the Juventus job thinking i would never get it; but, back came an offer from the Delle Alpi of 70mil to spend and a nice 2.8mil per annum contract for me. I snapped their hands off.

The board gave me 2 years to win the Serie A title. Looking at the squad it was very experienced with a handful of 30/31 year olds being the back bone of the team. I needed to add some younger players. I had the funds i just needed to spend wisely on players that had the experience already but had a good 3 or 4 years of first team football left in them. I targeted the need for 2 wide players and another AMC at least. The defence was pretty set and had an awesome GK in Neuer, who sits as their second most expensive player purchased at 29mil back in 2013.

I had to pay big money for the players i wanted but it was all worth it. Fran Merida arrived first for just short of 19mil. I raided Barcelona for the double swoop of Gai Assulin and Armand Traore, for a combined 36mil. Dalle Valle was in the Inter reserves but was just what i needed, fans were in abberation as i signed him for 11mil. Time told as he became lethal infront of goal. January only saw one player in and that was Erland Vega, he had a buy out clause of 7.5mil which i swiftly took as he arrived from Ath Madrid to be back up for Neuer. Transfers

The media predicted us to finish 2nd, a position i would have been happy with before the season began. Milan were tipped for the title and Inter in 3rd. Bari were the up and coming team in the league who were predicted 4th. We began the season very strongly and by the half way stage we hadn't lost a game, Inter were close behind followed by Milan and Bari. The second half of the season saw us lose our first game of the season to Genoa, a game we dominated from start to finish but couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo. We did lose a second later on in the season. We managed to hold off competition from Inter and Milan going into the last 5 games and secure my first title in Italy on the last game of the season. So champions at the first time of asking, can't be bad eh?! Table

The Italian Cup was an opportunity to actually win my first domestic cup competition in this career. I don't class 2 Austrian Super Cups as real trophies. First round saw us matched against Fiorentina, we lost the first leg 3-2 but battled back in Turin to take the round 6-4 on aggregate. We breezed past Treviso in the Quarters 5-2 on aggregate. We also blitzed Palermo 5-1 on aggregate in the Semi's to set up a final showdown with Inter in the Stadio Olimpico. We won a hard fought final 2-1, with a largely depleted first team thanks to a few injuries and suspensions. Cup Final Win

So the domestic double was completed, would we be able to dominate in Europe and win any silverware. Last years second place finish saw us play in the Champions League. Drawn against Schalke, FC Copenhagen and Roda JC, it was a group we were favourites to win, we duly obliged and set up a First Knock Out Round meeting with Manchester Utd. We lost 3-1 in the first game a Old Trafford, Dalle Valle with our solitary goal. Back in Turin we thumped United for 5, Gilles Sunu the star of the show. We breezed past CSKA Moscow 6-0 on aggregate, surprisingly only winning 2-0 at home. Valencia were next in the Semi's we lost 2-1 at their place, that away goal could have been vital. It wasn't needed we won comfortably 3-0 to get into the final. Arsenal were our opponents. We were again depleted in attack and had a couple of other key players out. We won a boring dull affair 1-0 thanks to a solo effort from Gilles Sunu. The treble was complete. Champions League Final

We had a few star players over the season, Fran Merida assisted his way into Juve's record books with 30 assists for the season, Gilles Sunu was top scorer for the season and also shot into the Juve record books. In defence Loic Abenzoar was a rock at CB and a monster in any set piece situation. Manuel Neuer was also awesome, missing out on 3 games all season and keeping 28 clean sheets and assiting in 2 goals in the 56 games he played. Dalle Valle began as a fringe player as back up for Tozzi in AMC, but soon as Tozzi was injured Valle snapped at the chance and at one point had scored 17 goals in his last 20 games. Squad/Stats

After some awesome success in my first year at Juventus i think i will play on for another season before possibly looking to taking a top job in Germany like Bayern, Schalke or even Koln who are my favourite German side (only because when Podolski used to play for them).

Aims for next season

> Win the Domestic Double

> Win another piece of European Silverware

> Replace my DMC and sign another top quality striker to possibly replace Cavani who is ageing.

> Possibly take an International Job if approached.

Small update for Juventus, have won the Italian Super Cup v Inter and the European Super Cup v Liverpool...that takes my silverware with this team to 5 in the space of 15months if that.

My managerial League/Cup success stands at 5 League wins and 6 Trophies.

Also i would like to point out to you the amount of feeder clubs i have its barmy..

In alphabetical order...

Aab (Denmark)

Al-Ahli (Saudi Arabia)

Arezzo (Italy)

Club Africain (Tunisia)

Derby (England)

Empoli (Italy)

Hamamatsu Rafale (Japan)

Juve Stabia (Italy)

Kaiser Chiefs (South Africa)

Kansas City (USA)

Khimki (Russia)

Pizzighettone (Italy)

Pro Vercelli (Italy)

Ravenna (Italy)

Siena (Italy)

Standard (Belgium)

Torres (Italy)

Universidad de Chile (Chile)

those along with some staff my world knowledge is sitting at 54%.

Why is it I keep getting to the 3rd or 4th season and finding the game is running too slow for my liking.

Think I will restart again and try and figure out what countries I really dont want to load this time.

I like my games running as fast as possible.

Maybe I wil stick to this save this time. Going for this setup, all leagues in following countries:

Austria

Croatia

Hungary

Romania

Serbia

Slovakia

Slovenia

Ukraine

These are the countries that apparently border Hungary (which I chose as a base country as a spur of the moment decision). I have no real idea how any of these countries have their football, so either I wont enjoy any of them and give up fast, or hopefully be in for a long career.

Hopefully will find a job in one of thse countries soon enough.

Right, okay - prepare yourself for a HUGE update.

Been following this thread for a while but never honestly got round to posting, I've had this career game for a while so updates for the first few seasons will be quite wishy-washy.

I started the game with the following leagues set up:

England - To Championship.

Italy - To Serie B.

Spain - To Liga BBVA.

France - To Ligue 2.

Plus the top divisions of Germany, Holland, Portugal, Greece, Turkey, Russia and the Ukraine.

Started out with Semi-Pro rep and applied for all jobs around me; and randomly got offered the Sweden job, which I gladly accepted.

Fairly random I thought, considering I was unproven, but ready for the challenge I was.

Sweden 08/07/2007 - 29/06/2008

I decided straight away that I would only be staying until after the European Championships, of course, if I qualified - which was secured by a 5-0 thrashing of Latvia.

Conveniently, Spain could only draw so I qualified as group winners.

In the Euro's, we excelled in the group stage, and eventually lost in the semi's to Portugal.

All in all, an excellent result.

I resigned after the final.

Thinking that it could be a while until I was offered a job, I prepared myself for a long wait.

However I was wrong and just over a week later I was offered the position of Trabzonspor manager, which I gladly accepted.

Trabzonspor 07/07/2008 - 31/05/2009

The media predicted sixth, I knew that I couldn't break into the triopoly of Galatasary, Fenerbache and Besiktas.

Happily I finished fourth, which was pretty much expected.

I also brought in a youngster, Abulyrak Eren, who cost 500k, alot to spend on a 17 year old. He was later transferred to Valencia for £24 million pounds.

We also finished runner-up in the Cup to Besiktas, a 2-1 scoreline flattered us.

To sum up, I left at the end of the season, something which was to become a common occurence.

Again, a week later, I was offered a new job, as Mexico manager after a poor performance by Hugo Sanchez in the Gold Cup (I think this was the case anyway)

So, off to the country which offers the footballing world Carlos Vela, and Andres Guardado, and the world itself the Fajita.

Mexico 06/07/2009 - 11/07/2010

First things first, I got rid of the majority of the old guard, whose names I cannot quite recall now, and replaced them with a more homegrown pool of talent.

Ever GUzman, Edgar Andrade and Sergio Arias to name a few.

World Cup qualification was simple enough, an easy group was overcome with, well, ease.

Now to the World Cup itself.

Suffice it to say I was drawn in the traditional group of Death, pitting me against Argentina, Holland and Australia.

After beating the Aussies, and drawing to the Argentines, only a win would do against second placed Holland.

And a win was achieved. 4-3.

In the last minute.

A true fairytale, of which the match report has been lost in the years of play since.

The fairytale ended however, to an old rival, Portugal, who again, knocked my team out of a major tournament in the Semi-Finals.

I resigned, again, after the World Cup final.

Now, I thought, major clubs of the world would be interested in my signature.

Not quite.

Although Bologna, struggling in Serie B, were.

So off I went, signing a two year deal.

Bologna 09/08/2010 - 27/07/2012

Media predicted mid-table obscurity.

First season, I told the board promotion, which was duly achieved, albeit through a lucky victory over Parma in the play-offs.

Lucky considering they'd had 5 times more shots than us.

Oh well, bring on the bigtime.

After spending the summer scouting the world for talent, a few youngsters were brought in, I had high hopes for these.

Hopes which were to be justified later down the line.

The media tipped us to struggle, I didn't think we would, but I didn't think we'd be anything special either.

The season itself was rather easy to forget.

We were never in danger of relegation, and never near the top.

The season finished in a respectable ninth place.

I rejected a new contract, and left.

Next part of the update coming soon.

icon14.gif

Yeah I now just have soem Eastern European leagues loaded, and the game so far is running quite fast, probably because there are only 2 divisions per country, so there arent as many fixtures to process.

I promise I will do more than 3-4 seasons of a game, once I find a set-up that works for me.

Part two icon14.gif

After being linked with various jobs across Europe, it was finally Sunderland that appealed to me most, probably due to my enjoyment of a previous save there.

So to the North of England it was, a bit of a climate change to say the least.

Sunderland 01/08/2012 - 01/07/2014

This Sunderland outfit were alot different to the Sunderland of the real world, a very financially healthy club, as real life, but well established in the 'Big Four' in the Premier League alongside Arsenal, Aston Villa and Chelsea.

I enjoyed my time at Sunderland, don't get me wrong, but it is one of the least memorable times of my career.

Suffice it to say, we did very well, finishing second two years in a row, never really challenging Arsenal for the top.

We also reached two consecutive Champions League quarter finals, two consectuive League Cup semi-finals and an FA Cup final.

But never won a trophy.

One very memorable moment however, was the signing of Sultan Cem, who I had arranged a deal for at Trabzonspor before I left.

He became a club legend after I left Sunderland, under my tenure he won two European Golden Boots.

I also signed an entire new backroom staff, the majority of whom left with me when I left Sunderland, one of whom remains with me today, over ten years later.

I rejected a new deal, as I do, and left when it expired.

It was my desire for a new challenge that spurred me to leave, and a new challenge is undoubtedly what I recieved.

In the form of a job offer from Girondins Bordeaux of the French Ligue 1.

Girondins Bordeaux 05/07/2014 - 28/06/2015

One of the weirdest seasons in my managerial career thats for sure.

After bringing in reinforcements for positions I thoughted I needed to improve the season began well.

From there on, my predictions of Europe were clearly a mile off.

Needless to say, we finished thirteenth, a terrible underachievement in my eyes.

I blamed my 4-3-2-1 which I had been playing since the beginning, and planned a tactical switch for the new season.

I left in June, with a French Cup to my name, after beating a significantly weaker PSG side in the final.

We of course, were playing a 4-4-2.

The main reason I left Bordeaux was an offer from Napoli, which I could not refuse.

They were a team on the up, with sound finances, a big stadium, and I have always had a soft spot for them.

I was unemployed for all of 24 hours.

Napoli 29/06/2015 - 07/07/2017

A great two seasons, in terms of achievement and enjoyment.

As per usual, the squad was strengthened, and some youth was brought in alongside some experience.

The first season meant a revert to the 4-3-2-1 formation of previous years.

Strangely, the best player of the season was a £1.5 million signing from Vitoria Setubal - a Brazilian AMRL/FC.

He played FC all season, scoring 54 goals in 38 as a lone striker. Legend.

All in all, after a good season we finished second, pushing winners Juventus to the final 2 games. We were always chasing however.

The second season was more of the same; a new central midfielder was bought to partner 'world class midfielder' Luchesse, and a center back I'd had my eye on since he was 17 was brought in for £7.75 million from Zaragoza.

Continuing the 4-3-2-1 theme, but with a better, more mature side, we won the League. Juventus pushed us all the way, but failed.

It could be said they did a 'Napoli' - as of last season.

We added the italian cup to our trophy cabinet too, after beating Roma 3-1 in the final after a Machado (the legend) brace.

As per usual, my contract was up in the summer, I rejected a new deal, and left.

With my new Continental reputation, I could have taken any of the jobs available.

I decided on Barcelona, which on reputation, sounds great - not really.

Thye had just been promoted, back to La Liga, after two years in Liga BBVA.

Because of this they had lost all of their stars of years gone by.

But, because of this they had an enormous bank balance, an enormous transfer budget, and by the looks of my player search screen, a sustained enormous reputation.

Barcelona 09/07/2017 - 11/06/2018

A succesful, but thoroughly boring season.

This season infact, nearly put me off my career altogether.

I brought in 5 established spanish internationals, a right back, a center mid, a winger, a striker and a keeper, for about £100 million.

Then added to this, 4-5 youngster, taking total spending to £15 million.

We finished third, never challenged for the league, did poo in the cups, then I resigned.

I dunno what it was about that job that made me dislike it so much and made it so boring.

But it was.

So i left.

I was linked to about 15 jobs in the summer, all over Europe, from Ukraine to the U.K.

I got offered the best job available though; and readily took it.

It was at this point that my most succesful season ever on a football manager series began.

Update to come tomorow, or over the weekend.

icon14.gif

P.S - at this point of my career, I am approaching the end of the 2022-23 season, all of which will be covered in the next update, which should, if everything goes smoothly, include screenshots.

I may as well state that since Barcelona I have had 3 different jobs, and am currently still employed at the third.

If anyone has any screnshots they would like to see, let me know icon_smile.gif

I have been unable to get into my game at ABC. I still want to have a good crack at South America but I think I may save that for FM 09. I'm going to get a new game started up over this weekend (Bank Holiday equivalent in Turkey so I'll have plenty of time). Think I'll just stick in boring old Europe this time with the large nations and a few smaller leagues to make it interesting. Any reccomendations?

Hey all,

I will definitely be trying a proper career challenge as I have never managed to have a decent 'career' moving from club to club.

I always get attached to one club and then play until I get bored or sacked! icon_biggrin.gif

I'm wondering how many leagues I will be able to run without the game getting really slow later on in my career. I'd really like to have a huge career game, spanning way into the future ideally.

I've never really experimented with this before as I don't normally run many leagues. I was thinking maybe medium database, with all of the English structure and then the top two divisions of Germany, France, Spain and Italy. A sort of European career challenge in the big football countries. I would start my career in England and build up a decent enough reputation to move around the other countries.

Am I being too restrictive? Could my computer handle more leagues and countries?

I've got a Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1.66GHz with 1GB RAM. I've basically cleaned out my computer and barely have anything running and have Vista set up for performance rather than presentation. Things work pretty quickly now I've disabled all of Vista's ornate, gaudy and pointless features.

Any advice from you guys would be great as I would really like to give this a shot sometime soon and I don't want to end up way into the future with an unbearably slow loading time!

C.

I've got a similar PC to you crouchaldinho and I've been running a good career game which is now in 2026. My league set up is back on page 2/3 (IIRC) - sorry I can't link it, in a bit of a rush! Anywho, my advice - try out my set up, or a similar one and give it a go. Just run an experiment for 3 months or so and see if you're happy with the speed. Bare in mind it will get slightly slower as you progress but tbh I've not noticed any major difference.

icon14.gif

I'm running 8 or 9 leagues at the moment and am into my 11th season now i think and the game is still running fine. I think i could stretch to at least 12 even without any problem.

I think you should maybe add a few lesser nations ie czech republic or sweden and work from there. but the leagues you plan to run is totally up to you.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Your comments have reassured me Iacovone - it looks like you are running a great deal more leagues and countries than I would intend to.

ToMexico - I understand your point about lesser nations, however I was thinking about having a kind of 'glory hunting' career in the capitals of European football, beginning in the English lower leagues.

The reason for this is that my last two long-term FM save games have been:

1) Taking St. Albans City up the leagues on FM07.

2) My Britain and India Challenge on FM08, which I am still playing.

So I've done the lesser leagues thing in India and my Saints game didn't allow for jumping ship and glory hunting. This game would scratch those itches, if you get my drift.

I am, however, tempted to load other 'lesser' divisions from Britain actually - that might be fun too! Big Sam started his career in Northern Ireland, didn't he? icon_biggrin.gif I could be the next Big Sam. icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gif

C.

aah well, keeping to an area of countries like Britain is a good idea, start in wales possibly, moving onto Northern Ireland, Ireland Scotland and then finally england, move as your reputation increases...

best of luck at whatever career you have...

Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I could be the next Big Sam.

Not something to get excited about, trust me. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I said it with irony at first but then... if you knew my record in FM08, being the next Big Sam would be very exciting! icon_wink.gif

C.

2007/08 Update

Loaded up a game with just the leagues from countries bordering Hungary loaded (all divisions in each league), and within a few days a club called Dnipro Cherkasy took a chance on an unknown manager.

Having had no previous FM experience in any leagues, I accepted the job with curiousity as to what the rules in the Ukranian First League were. Suffice to say I was happy to see they looked reasonable and didnt require squad registrations, or any real limits apart from on foreign players.

Looking at the club in more detail I realised I had inherited a decent set of players that were expected to get 19th in a 20 club league. In came some loan signings, a few new scouts and some good new players.

Also managed to get Metalurg as a parent club and they sent me 2 players that I didnt end up using all season, but at least I have a parent club.

Managed to meet expectations in the cup competition and got to the second round, where we narrowly lost 0-1 to Metalist of the High League.

And our league form just seemed to take off, I inherited 1 very good striker and got in a top striker (for the better division) on loan and not sure how but Dnipro Cherkasy have just finished 5th in the league.

Although we were 10 points away from promotion, I feel it was a very encouraging season, for a team predicted to try and avoid relegation.

Will be looking for some new defenders in the summer break, and possibly hope to regain some of my loan signing for another season.

Career so far

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2007/08 Dnipro Cherkasy Ukraine First League 5th

</pre>

18/19 - Juventus

Media Prediction 1st

Transfer Budget Lots

Wage Budget Lots aswell

Not a great season, i aimed for the domestic treble and some european silverware to go with it. First and foremost i failed. I only managed to retain the Serie A title. We struggled throughout the season and that title wasn't as formidable as it should have been. We lacked creation in attack and the chances we had we took few. Serie A Table

We fell at the quarter final stage of both the Italian Cup and Champions League, to Ascoli icon_frown.gif and Sevilla respectively. Both teams playing us off the park and taking their chances with vigor. Nevermind hey.

I only added two players to the squad, maybe a possible downfall in our quest for a second consecutive treble. The Norweigen Ellingsen from Besiktas was a player who thought would be able to cut the mustard in attack he showed promise but never really got going. Scoring 23 goals in 39 games, though i had hoped for more. The other player Will Charles brought in from Derby was an English winger able to play up front, definitely one for the future at only 19. Transfers

So the squad in good shape, with a few of the older players leaving on Bosmans in the summer. Though our squad average age is too high for my liking at 28. Will work on bringing that down if I continue on next season. Squad+Stats

Finances are extremely healthy at the moment they will improve when i get more TV money and sell a few players. Hoping for a big budget to possibly overhaul the squad a little. Finances

The final game of the season against Fiorentina happened to be my 500 game of the career. We lost 4-3 though icon_frown.gif

500 Games

Aims for next season

> Retain the Serie A title

> Challenge for the Champions League Trophy

> Reduce squad average age

Just been looking also at the teams in the other divisions.

Germany - Schalke finished 1st, Koln 2nd and FC Bayern finished 6th in the Bundesliga. Werder Bremen were relegated. Dortmund were promoted back to the Bundesliga 2. Where Stuttgart were 17th from 20 teams.

Austria - Gratkorn put the disappointment of me leaving and stormed the division to win the title. Salzburg finished 6th from 10.

Switzerland - Young Boys pipped Thun to the title and Basel were 8th from 10 teams. Zurich relegated.

Czech Rep - Slavia Prague dominated the league, Sparta Prague on the other hand faultering and finishing 14th beating the drop by 2 goals.

Hungary - Honved retained the title, old favourites Ferencvaros could only managed a poor 11th from 16 teams.

Slovakia - Artmedia were once again in control of the league, this there 3rd title in succession.

Slovenia - Koper won the league by 2 points to Maribor, my first team NK Krka managed 8th from 10 to stay in the first division, after Yo-Yoing between the 1st and 2nd divisions.

May look to move on if a job of some interest appears. If not a complete overhaul of Juventus, enough to win me a double at least.

After a season which saw me keep Morton up, even though i only had about 10 games in charge and started 8 points off safety, and my form was at one point the best in league with me in charge. I then left the club after feeling it was too small for me. (i know, very modest icon_wink.gif ) I was then surprised to be handed the Sheffield United job, i then realised why. They had sold all their best players, and were relegation candidates icon_frown.gif At mid-season, with me struggling in 20th, just a fw points out of the relegation zone, i left. I have now joined a club in France Ligue 2, i don't remember their name... icon_rolleyes.gif

But the future's bright icon_cool.gif

Well after the single most unpleasant experience a Briton has had in Brazil since Ronnie Biggs, i started a new career game.

The leagues i have selected are:

Australia- A League

Denmark- Second Division

England- Blue Square North/ South

France- CFA

Germany- Regional Divisions

Holland- First Division

India- National Football League

South Korea- N League

South Africa- First Division

Spain- Second Divison B

USA- MLS

Started unemployed and was offered a job by FC Eindhoven in Holland with the aim of 'enjoying the experience of participating in the First Divison'. After 14 matches in currently 7th and narrowly lost to Feyenoord in the Cup 2-1. Hopefully things are going to be rosey in Eindhoven for the lesser known of the two teams.........

Archived