The FM08 Career Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by happy slappy:

Denmark.

icon_cool.gif

This will be eventful, I'm not being paid no money, my players are on amateur contracts so clubs can just come in and pick them off, doubt we'd lose money, good times.

icon_biggrin.gif

Surely other teams in the league would have similar setups then?? What are the boards expectations just to be nosey!

Originally posted by 68_Grandad_99:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by happy slappy:

Survive in the Second Division East by the end of the two year plan, easy.

icon_biggrin.gif

Lol. gd luck mate </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks.

2008/2009 - FC Eindhoven

Media Prediction - 18th

A good season all round i feel this year with us succeding in all my aims that I had last season. We only got destroyed once in the season which came at the hands of the winners, Ajax (7-0). We finished 17th in the league which ment once again we would be in the relegation play-offs, which i was actually happy about.

We entered the second round again and were drawn against Go Ahead. We won the first leg 2-1 and followed that up with a 3-1 win at home. Our third round game was against Willem II who had be relegated the previous year. The first game was a boring 0-0 which was then follewed by an exiting 2-2 draw at our ground. That meant we had to play them once again at their ground to see who would be in the Premier Divison. We ran out the game 4-2 victors after four second half goals. Whihc meant another season in the Premier Divison wooo.league graph

We also had a good cup run this year finally being knocked out by Ajax in the quarter finals after knocking out ADO'20, EVV and FC Groningen along the way.

Squad

Transfers The most promising transfer was that of centre back Rafael Forster which I hope will turn into a good bit of business in the future.

My finances are still very poor and continued to drop throughout the season until the end.

Finances

Aims for Next Season

- Stay up

- Keep making the squad better

- Make the finances better.

Career so far <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Season Team Country League League Finish Achievements

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2007/08 FC Eindhoven Holland First League 4th Promotion

2008/09 FC Eindhoven Holland Premier League 17th

</pre>

Hope that works

Hey guys.

I was doing a career before but quit it. Right now im in my own save file with Southport. Ive done about 10 matches already. Was just wondering if i can use that file to do a career and post some screenshots?

Dont worry about it guys. My PC WAY to slow to complete seasons at a reasonable speed. And it would take ages to load in a few seasons time.

Does anyone know how i can make it load faster. I currently have 3 countries running(Australia, England and one of Italy or Spain. I think its Italy).

Small update on my career.

Was given a nice transfer budget and have nearly spent out on 5 players, 3 AMC/F/ST's, a MC and a GK. Sold a keeper who i bought for 7.5mil to liverpool for 20mil he's only made 1 sub appearance last season. Happy wi'that.

I am also now the Manager of the Czech Republic, the CRFA want my to qualify for the European Championships. Sitting 2nd behind France by 3 points and 2 points ahead of Switzerland. 'mon

Originally posted by Chirpin:

Dont worry about it guys. My PC WAY to slow to complete seasons at a reasonable speed. And it would take ages to load in a few seasons time.

Does anyone know how i can make it load faster. I currently have 3 countries running(Australia, England and one of Italy or Spain. I think its Italy).

Try the following, which has speeded my computer up no end:

1) Delete any unused programs to free up hard disc space

2) Defrag your hard disk drive(s)

3) Download CCleaner (google it) and use it to disable any programs that automatically start when the computer turns on. You can use a website called www.processlibrary.com to check to see if it is an essential program or not - it's really basic and quick to use.

4) Use CCleaner to scan and fix any problems in your registry.

5) Run your virus software and scan for Adware and Spyware etc.

6) Go into Windows control panel and change the appearance to the 'best performance' setting, which disables all of windows animations and nonsense like that. Really speeds things up.

See if that helps.

C.

2008/09 Season Review

After taking over the club towards the end of last season, this was my first full season in charge.

League Table

League Positions Graph

Had a bad start but gradually started to hit form, could quite catch the top two but it was a decent season.

Playoff semi leg 1

Playoff semi leg 2

Comfortably got through the semis.

Playoff final

Choked icon_frown.gif

Squad

Transfers

Last season I transfer listed the entire squad and replaced them with a load of free transfers, I actually think this is one of the best squads I've ever had in this division.

Star Player

He was just scoring for fun this year, hopefully he can carry on next year and gain us automatic promotion.

Career so far

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2007/08 St Albans England Blue Square South 15th Took over in March

2008/09 St Albans England Blue Square South 3rd Lost in playoff final

</pre>

2008/09 Season

Well my second season in charge was pretty good too. Was given a bit of a transfer budget that I enjoyed spending, but seem to have a squad still lacking in Strikers and a good backup goalkeeper.

Was predicted to finish in top half of the table and thats what we did. 4th place which is 1 higher than the previous season.

2007/08 Dnipro Cherkasy Ukraine First League 5th

2008/09 Dnipro Cherkasy Ukraine First League 4th

</pre>

BTW does anyone know if/or when you can sign people on bosmans (or whatever it is called nowadays), in the Ukraine?

Decided to give this "challenge" a go..

I chosen

Mexico

USA

Bulgaria

Denmark

England

Italy

Holland

Russia

Sweden

&

Wales

And i´ve gone on holiday until june 08 to have more options to choose from

And on the 28th of June I taken on managing mighty Pontadarwe Town in the welsh premier league, only two real players the rest are grey and no tranfer budget and virtually no wage budget aswell, so it´s quite a challenge indeed...

Can´t get imageshack to work, so take my word for it icon_smile.gif

Will post a profile and update later when i´ll get it to work

playing a career game and currently about to start 4th season,now with las palmas in spanish second division

22 first team players to be regd,also says any u-23 players regd for b team will be eligible to play

but when i finish the reg,going to my next game all those from the b team are ineligible Confused

any ideas?

Dont really have the time to write an update for my latest season.

We got to the semi finals of the Ukranian cup for the first time ever.

And our league form was around normal. Lost some form around the November mark and that left us yet again unable to get to the promotion places.

My top striker did score 38 goals in 40 games though this season, so I cant really complain!

2007/08 Dnipro Cherkasy Ukraine First League 5th

2008/09 Dnipro Cherkasy Ukraine First League 4th

2009/10 Dnipro Cherkasy Ukraine First League 5th

</pre>

Well my first season at FC Eindhoven is over. Finished 13th in the end which is 3 places higher than my prediction of 16th.

I was linked with jobs at Preston Cardiff Hull and Sheff Utd throughout the season but stayed put.

However the club is losing money hand over fist and im in a bit of debt so doubt i will have money to strengthen and go for promotion, i will have to rely on my youth academy throwing up the Marco van Basten!

I think my team have taken the Kevin Keegan approach to our games, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

At this moment of time we aren't scoring a lot of goals but concedung our fair few, so a change in tactics will be in order, but with the quality of players that I have at my disposal I don't see us creeping up the table any time soon, and with us being amateur I don't think I can attract any decent players to the club so I may have to leave soon.

Think I'll give until the end of next season before deciding to move on.

2019/2020 - Juventus & Czech Republic

Juventus

Media Prediction 1st

Transfer Budget 92mil

Wage Budget 106mil per annum

What a crap season, managed to finish 2nd but a whole 15 points behind the winners Milan. We started the season well but the time came when we couldn't hold onto a lead or we conceded an early goal and had to fight our way back into the game. No particular player stood out for me. Paulo who was signed from Sporting Portugal for 30mil ended the campaign with 22 goals but half as many as i expected from him. Andersson another 30mil acquisition from Newcastle this time also was a huge let down, aswell as John Fleck who arrived for 25mil. Nevermind we all learn from our mistakes.

Champions League 1st Knockout v Porto Lost on away goals

Italian Cup Final v Inter Lost on Penalties

Super Cup v Milan Lost 3-1

Table

Transfers

Squad/Stats

I think i'm going to jump ship just before i begin the Euro 2020 campaign with the Czechs. Will look for a smaller team possibly in Switzerland or Czech Republic to hopefully take them into Europe.

Czech Republic

When i took charge we were sitting 2nd in a mediocre group for the Euro 2020 tournament. France led from the start and qualified with ease. It was between the Czechs and Switzerland.

My games in charge so far...

ECQ v Switzerland Drew 1-1

ECQ v Belarus Won 5-3

ECQ v France Lost 4-3

ECQ v Georgia Won 2-0

ECQ v Slovenia Lost 1-0

FR v Ivory Coast Won 3-1

FR v Tunisia Won 3-2

Group Table

So we managed to qualify only to be drawn with France again, Italy and Denmark. Tough Group. Will post the proceedings soon.

Yeh so i've resigned as both manager of Juventus and the Czechs now, we finished last of our group with no points. was ****ed over in 2 games on goals that would have got me some points. nevermind.

plenty of jobs available but all in Italy, i've had brescia, palermo, udinese offer me jobs but i don't want to manage in italy again yet. Czech side Bohemians 1905 and Slovenia's Zilinia both rejected me, the cheek.

well i'll plug away and try and find a team suitable for me in another country.

Originally posted by ToMexico!!:

Yeh so i've resigned as both manager of Juventus and the Czechs now, we finished last of our group with no points. was ****ed over in 2 games on goals that would have got me some points. nevermind.

plenty of jobs available but all in Italy, i've had brescia, palermo, udinese offer me jobs but i don't want to manage in italy again yet. Czech side Bohemians 1905 and Slovenia's Zilinia both rejected me, the cheek.

well i'll plug away and try and find a team suitable for me in another country.

What is your reputation now?

Hi everyone. I'm new here but can't post screenshots due to me playing on a different computer. The leagues I have loaded are limited because of a lack of memory icon_frown.gif but here they are

ALL LEAGUES LOADED OF:

-Ireland

-England

-Wales

-N.Ireland

-Scotland

Anyway, here is my career up to now.

March 2008-July 2011

The first club to give me a chance was QUB in the N.Irish 2nd Division. They were in 12th when I joined but with a really good squad icon_confused.gif. I hit the ground running with a 5-0 win away at fellow relegation candidates Glebe Rangers. 3 victories out of the last 4 maches steered us to safety.

Next season a slight rebuild took us to a title with only 3 defeats and a played 11 won 10 drawn 1 lost 0 home record. Damn PSNI!!

The following season I finished in a respectable position of 5th place with an outside chance of promotion throughout the season. However I managed to win the Intermediate League Cup with a 3-2 win over Glebe Rangers.

The following year a lot of deadwood was cast out into the cold and new blood brought in, mainly untested youngsters. It seemed to work with another title over Crusaders. We also beat them in a tense Intermediate League Cup final to retain the trophy. My young striker Ryland Holt grabbing the headlines along with utility man Odhran Leneghan. The problem I found with N.Ireland that there are so many cups that you end up deviating away from the league.

With my now national reputation, I cast an eye elsewhere and applied for League 2 Gillingham, thinking with 2 cups and 2 titles I could get it. I was wrong, and the ungrateful expletives told me resign or be sacked. icon_mad.gif.I quit.

My best players there were:

-Jarred Stevens

-Eunan Donnelly

-Peter Ward

-Kevin Upton (regen)

-Ross Francis (regen)

-Ricky Adair

-Paul McLaughlin

-Brendan Mooney

-Niall Bonner

-Michael McCready

-Dominic Melly and

-David Tumilty

July 2011-September 2011

What a disaster! A choice of Margate, Redditch or Witton. Taking finances into consideration, I took Redditch. With a major overhaul, we managed a measly 2 goals in 8 games. I left without a second thought. My best players here were:

-Stephen Munn

-Liam Dickinson

-Lee Downes

September 2011-?

With my rep back to Unproven, I thought I may well struggle to get another job. But Finn Harps in the Irish 1st Division took a chance. They were 2nd, 6 points off 1st and in the Qtr Final of the Senior Challenge Cup. icon_confused.gif. I've been there 2 months and since have cut the deficit to 4 points at the top. This was significantly helped by a 3-2 win against them (Longford) when I was 2-0 down at half time, and by 52 minutes I was 3-2 up. I will also face them in the Semis of the cup after beating Galway Utd 1-0 in the 1/4s. C'mon the Harps!

wtf! i've just been sacked...the only reason would be my slight interest shown in the Koln job which had come up. i only said that i would be interested in taking it if offered. it was never offered to me and Niko Kovacs took it. I just lost 3-0 but i'm in the top 6, where the board want me to be this season.

grrr icon_mad.gif

right this is my first attempt so haven't written it all out

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> Season </pre> <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> Team </pre> <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> Division </pre> <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> Finished </pre> <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> Achievements </pre>

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> 2007/08 </pre> <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> NK Krka </pre> <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> Slovenian 2nd </pre> <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> 1st</pre> <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> Champions </pre>

Originally posted by ToMexico!!:

right this is my first attempt so haven't written it all out

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> Season </pre> <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> Team </pre> <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> Division </pre> <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> Finished </pre> <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> Achievements </pre>

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> 2007/08 </pre> <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> NK Krka </pre> <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> Slovenian 2nd </pre> <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> 1st</pre> <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> Champions </pre>

wtf...i don;t get it

Archived