** Tylerbode's Head start on FM10 **

Do you change anything with the tactic when you play away games?

Axertyre,

I have been using the tactic without any amendments for both home and away games.

During they away games the opposition do get more shots on goal than when I'm at home but I am still getting victories.

Not sure if Tyler is planning a version for Away days but in my opinion it isn't required. I'll post once i've had a few more away games to see how it's going

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tobus,

I've been using the same squad as i used with V4 and V5

The strikers i have are - Vagner love, Hulk, Alexis Sanchez, Ryan Babel, Fernando Torres and Robbie Fowler

I don't play Fowler - not really sure why i bought him!

Torres has been injured since I moved to V6 but he's on his way back and I'm hoping for big things

Excluding Fowler they all have pace, acceleration and dribbling of over 16 as well as over 14 for off the ball. They also have over 15 for either flair or creativity and either first touch or technique.

Thanks, think I need to re-arrange my strikers, I has the one with no barrow with heading strength etc...since they both have barrows I'm assuming that they are 'Torres-like' rather than a big strong forward like Heskey for example.

i didnt try previous versions of this tactic but i tried v6 on my leeds united with my first season on championship , after i promoted i ve bought some good players anyway , ive played 6 games this game with v6 and so far it seems that you dont have to dominate game , you can score goals with unexpected possesions.

Looks bloody brilliant so far. The defending in particular is awesome while the attack is creative and always looks dangerous. I've just played 4 games with it so far, using Liverpool in a mid-season 1 save I got for testing tactics. It's 4 consecutive games of various quality opponents home and away.

Bolton (H) 2:0 LC

Man U (H) 2:0 PRM

PSV (A) 2:0 CL

Arsenal (A) 2:1 PRM

That's the best results I've ever had on this sequence of games, and it should be noted I didn't even have Torres cause he got injured in the first game. Maybe I got lucky but the quality of football produced didn't seem like luck, nor have I ever been that lucky before in this particular sequence of games ever. I'll start a new game with it and get some proper players for it and see how it behaves in the long run. Thumbs up!

Thanks, think I need to re-arrange my strikers, I has the one with no barrow with heading strength etc...since they both have barrows I'm assuming that they are 'Torres-like' rather than a big strong forward like Heskey for example.

Here are the stats for some of my team since using V6

Sanchez 7 starts (1 sub) - 1 goal

Babel 5(2) - 1

Vagner Love 8(1) - 2

Hulk 4(3) - 1

Torres 1(0) - 1

Gerrard 10(0) - 6

Carragher 9(0) - 3

Zhirkov 10(0) - 3

Ribery 6(0) - 4

Sanchez and Babel have played games at right/left midfield during this period and Ribery's 4 goals were all in one game.

I thought my strikers had been scoring more and was quite surprised when I looked at the form. I still think their returns are better than before but when i'm getting the goals from the other areas of the team it keeps me happy. I'm hoping Torres will settle in after a few games and start getting the goals following injury.

V6 - with Leicester in the Championship

First 5 games using the new tactic - W1, D2, L2 and I'm slipping out of the play-offs - have returned to V4 and my own tactics and its getting back to winning ways.

Problems I've noticed with V6:

1)team is struggling with the long ball - a few goals and lots of chances being created for the opposition by long balls over the top?

2) my little nippy strikers are getting to much long ball in the air which they're losing every time. Are taller strikers/target men needed?

If I need tall strikers for V6, looks like I have to sell Defoe.
I'm confused by what im looking for in these new strikers, anyone want to enlighten me ?
About training.. are both strikers Forwards now?

Tyler said:"Both ST's can be AMC, FC or ST. Both ST's need: pace and/or acc, flair/creativity, first touch/technique, off the ball and dribbling."

For v6 test.

Heres the results from my Liverpool game

Man City - Away - Won 3-2

Wigan - Home - Won 3-0

West Ham - Home - Won 1-0 (FA Cup)

Arsenal - Away - Won 2-0

Bayern Munich - Away - Lost 1-0 (Champions league)

West Ham - Home - Won 2-0

Stoke - Home - Won 6-0 (FA Cup)

Bayern Munich - Home - Won 5-1 (Champions League)

Fulham - Home - Won 3-0

Sunderland - Away - Won 1-0

Middlesbrough - Away - Won 2-1

Arsenal - Away - Drew 2-2 (Champions League)

Portsmouth - Home - Won 4-1

Arsenal - Home - Lost 3-2 (Champions League)

Chelsea - Neutral - Won 1-0 (FA Cup)

Aston Villa - Away - Won 3-1

Man Utd - Home - Won 3-1

Overall

Pl 17, Won 14, Drew 1, Lost 2, Scored 44, Conceded 13

In the league

Pl 10, Won 10, Scored 26, Conceded 6

My only draws and losses have come in the Champions League. I signed quite a few players in January therfore when it came to Champions league I had a few of my first 11 ineligible and suffered with suspensions. The loss at home to arsenal was partly down to Carragher getting sent off on 63 minutes and we lost after extra time.

The tactic is working fantastically well for me both home and away and has taken me from 5th to just 2 points behind Chelsea with 5 games to go.

Tyler - I'm not sure what further tweaks there will be between the test version and the final version 6 but in my opinion it is perfect as it is

Ok, Tyler u said that this tactic will solve the striker problem, but my strikers never scores. I create lots of chances, but cant score. Got Torres, Fleck, Vagner, Lavezzi with Torres as my top marksman wit 4 goals in 13 app. 2 goals in ligacup, 2 in CL + 0 in 7 PL matches.

What to do?

CONTROVERSIAL!! First and fulmost i dont want to upset anyone, especially TylerBode who seems one of the few people you can really talk to on here.

I just did an experiement with Southampton and something siginificant struck me when using his tactic, you all must rememeber the corner cheat? well this has it im sure, my centre half is scoring for fun and while my target man is getting a few too, a striker who previoiusly couldnt score for love nor money i should add.

The point im making i guess is that i think Tyler has stumbled on the corner tactic again, thats why this tactic works so well and you can be dominated at times yet still have that something extra. Good tactic by the way

Hope i havent upset anyone saying this, my top scorer at southampton is my centre half mind

Original Post I believe?

Do I assume, from reading your post that the V6 ST's need

Finishing/heading, strength, pace/accel, flair/creativity, first touch/technique, off the ball and dribbling?

Finishing and heading are not needed for ST's. They would be a bonus though.

Tyler - You are a god!!!!!!!

Started using V6 with my Liverpool team sitting in 5th place.

Won 15 straight league games with the tactic to take the title.

Also won the FA cup on penalties after a 3-3 draw with Arsenal

I'm getting geared up for next season with the Champion's League in my sites.

The tactic is the best I've ever seen - you are a genius :thup::thup::thup:

Tyler - You are a god!!!!!!!

Started using V6 with my Liverpool team sitting in 5th place.

Won 15 straight league games with the tactic to take the title.

Also won the FA cup on penalties after a 3-3 draw with Arsenal

I'm getting geared up for next season with the Champion's League in my sites.

The tactic is the best I've ever seen - you are a genius :thup::thup::thup:

Wow, that's amazing Hammy. Thanks for all the encouragement.

Tyler,

Just did a test with v4 vs v6. The same game, at home slightly favorite, reloaded several times.

v4 - 2:0 I dominated; 2:0 I was dominated; 3-1 I was dominated.

v6 - 2-1 50/50 game; 3:1 I was dominated; 3-0 I dominated.

Conclusion... erm, i love and hate your tactics... both :D

Haha, I'm going to start a save with v6 to run a full season but, above all and comparing to v4 my first impression is that it has the main attribute for me. Consistency in results at least :D

Now on a more serious tone, I usually play half table lower league teams, I mean, my team can't play fast and wide. If i tweak tempo/width will affect the overall strategy behind the tactics? I hope you know what I mean.

And thanks again for your effort and dedication :)

Tyler,

Just did a test with v4 vs v6. The same game, at home slightly favorite, reloaded several times.

v4 - 2:0 I dominated; 2:0 I was dominated; 3-1 I was dominated.

v6 - 2-1 50/50 game; 3:1 I was dominated; 3-0 I dominated.

Conclusion... erm, i love and hate your tactics... both :D

Haha, I'm going to start a save with v6 to run a full season but, above all and comparing to v4 my first impression is that it has the main attribute for me. Consistency in results at least :D

Now on a more serious tone, I usually play half table lower league teams, I mean, my team can't play fast and wide. If i tweak tempo/width will affect the overall strategy behind the tactics? I hope you know what I mean.

And thanks again for your effort and dedication :)

Thanks for that feedback mate, interesting. I think the tactic is very finely tuned therefore changing it could affect the overall effectiveness of the tactic. However, I encourage you to try this and make the pitch as small as possible.

Thanks for posting a 'test' version of the tactic Tyler'. I've played 7 pre-season games and 4 competive games with my Ipswich team in season 4 so far, results are below:

Botsani (a) 0-8

Ipswich U18 (h) 7-0

St Neots (h) 12-0

Anderlecht (h) 5-1

Notts Forest (a) 0-3

Bangkok Bank (a) 0-7

BEC (a) 0-7

Everton (a) 0-3

Chelsea (a) 0-0

Real Madrid (super cup) (n) 1-3 lots of shots & possession Madrid scored from 25 yards 3 times - is there two much space for quality opposition centre or attacking midfielders?

Liverpool (h) 3-1 (hit the woodwork 3 times as well!)

I've noticed a few things about the new tactic:

(1) The strikers (Keirrison & Milevskyi) are definitely much more involved and link the play well but I've noticed a few 'speculative' shots from a long way out from both players and the right striker has got on the score sheet more often (is setting the players to 'swap' positions a way around this?).

(2) I've played weaker opposition pre-season and this allowed the team to gel, early on the players give the ball away much more but as the games went on possession stats improved and the passing is slick and very pleasing to watch.

(3) I've got a really quick centre back pairing with Onuoha & Micah Richards there when fit and I've not looked like conceding except from crosses (I think the full backs might need a slight tweak in mentality) and long shots, this might not be the case with a slow back 4 of course.

Thanks for posting a 'test' version of the tactic Tyler'. I've played 7 pre-season games and 4 competive games with my Ipswich team in season 4 so far, results are below:

Botsani (a) 0-8

Ipswich U18 (h) 7-0

St Neots (h) 12-0

Anderlecht (h) 5-1

Notts Forest (a) 0-3

Bangkok Bank (a) 0-7

BEC (a) 0-7

Everton (a) 0-3

Chelsea (a) 0-0

Real Madrid (super cup) (n) 1-3 lots of shots & possession Madrid scored from 25 yards 3 times - is there two much space for quality opposition centre or attacking midfielders?

Liverpool (h) 3-1 (hit the woodwork 3 times as well!)

I've noticed a few things about the new tactic:

(1) The strikers (Keirrison & Milevskyi) are definitely much more involved and link the play well but I've noticed a few 'speculative' shots from a long way out from both players and the right striker has got on the score sheet more often (is setting the players to 'swap' positions a way around this?).

(2) I've played weaker opposition pre-season and this allowed the team to gel, early on the players give the ball away much more but as the games went on possession stats improved and the passing is slick and very pleasing to watch.

(3) I've got a really quick centre back pairing with Onuoha & Micah Richards there when fit and I've not looked like conceding except from crosses (I think the full backs might need a slight tweak in mentality) and long shots, this might not be the case with a slow back 4 of course.

Well spotted mate. You will find the finished V6 deals with some of these problems.

V6/PIRANHA FINAL VERSION:

http://www.zshare.net/download/581903471b1688b5/#

Same instructions as before. Changes: MC need long shots. Both ST's can be AMC, FC or ST. Both ST's need: pace and/or acc, flair/creativity, first touch/technique, off the ball and dribbling. Finishing/heading not required.

V6 Forward Training:

http://www.zshare.net/download/58190914f6e87b8e/

A big THANKYOU to the people who tested and gave feedback. I hope you all enjoy V6.