** Tylerbode's Head start on FM10 **

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Playing with Olhanense, mid table 2L team with 50k budget (20-1 to win the title).

Initial squad plus Cristián Suárez and Jefferson Montero (my fetiche signings since I don't manage top teams, and Roman Zozulya didn't want to come and went Metalurg Zp instead... meh.)

Current status:

P-W-D-L-(For/Ag)-Pts-

15-10-1-4-(26/16)-31 (currently 1st - 1 point ahead)

7-5-0-2-(14/8)-15 (Home)

8-5-1-2-(12/8)-16 (Away)

Really mixed feelings about it.

I'm 1st but winning 1-0, 2-1... For a underdog team...

So I'm pleased with results not so pleased with performance as some games I have 20+ shots with just 3 on target and no CCC's or games with 5 shots and i concede 15 and end up winning 1-0...

I feel that if I get promotion (I will not have much money again) I'll be crashed in PL.

My love/hate relation with this tactic continues huh? :D

Next Steps:

I'll divide the save in two.

1 - I'll tweak tempo/width (to suit better the "world class" passing quality I have with these guys) and use v4 at home/easy with v6 away/hard.

2 - Keep v6 always with no tweaks.

It's not a feasible method to compare but it's the best I can come up with atm :)

I'll be back with conclusions.

Off topic to vent some steam:

Hi guys,

I have Pélé, Maradona, Van Basten, Dasaev, Maldini, Baresi, Beckenbauer, Garrincha, Cruiff and a few others... I've won the Championship, this tactic is great...

My free tip of the day:

Mate, try 4-4-2 default. Better yet, close your eyes and chose a default tactic by choice.

You'll find it great as well.

Just my 2 cents :D

Off topic to vent some steam:

Hi guys,

I have Pélé, Maradona, Van Basten, Dasaev, Maldini, Baresi, Beckenbauer, Garrincha, Cruiff and a few others... I've won the Championship, this tactic is great...

My free tip of the day:

Mate, try 4-4-2 default. Better yet, close your eyes and chose a default tactic by choice.

You'll find it great as well.

Just my 2 cents :D

Yeah, I understand your frustration... :) I took my team from 2nd league to 1st as well & first 2 seasons media prediction was relegation, but thanks to Tyler's & Knap's tactics, the LLM manual by heathxx & a lot of scrounging for free transfer players I've managed to do it stay off relegation & establish myself as a top 4 team. Just patience really... and try to loan a lot & get "older" free transfer players for a season of 2 in a couple of key spots in your team.

GL.

This seems to be a really great home tactic. Marquinhos seems to score at least two a game without fail however i simply cannot do anything away from home. I gave a recently promoted Wigan their first win in 17 matches by losing 4-1 and got absolutely munched by Villa, Arsenal and West Ham whilst drawing with Leeds.

From what ive read is this the general consensus or am im just making a bit of a hash of it?

Thats my game using Tyler's tactics. Without any cheats , bugs and money. I only take players for free so no stars in my team. All make Tayler tactics. Version i use v3 , v4 , v5 and now stick to v6.

6 years from blue square south to Coca Cola Championship. Next 2 years target , play in EPL :)

fm110.th.jpg

fm113.th.jpg

Last Season using v6 olny

fm112.th.jpg

Thanks Tyler. I am finally getting somewhere with my Palace team. Having plunged to 19th in the table and being on the verge of the sack I started implementing V6 away and V4 at home (v6 didn't seem to do the business at home). I have now won 5 of my last 6 games, gone up to 9th in the table and just won the manager of the month award. Yay!

This seems to be a really great home tactic. Marquinhos seems to score at least two a game without fail however i simply cannot do anything away from home. I gave a recently promoted Wigan their first win in 17 matches by losing 4-1 and got absolutely munched by Villa, Arsenal and West Ham whilst drawing with Leeds.

From what ive read is this the general consensus or am im just making a bit of a hash of it?

I have the same problem

tyler, is your tactic a tactic for any team or just good teams like chelsea? and, how would you modify your tactic for away matches as a few people struggle away from home with your tactics?

It works at all levels. I will be reporting soon for those struggling when away.

Could people who are doing ok in away games with V6 share this very briefly please.

I am Juventus and so far I played 4 games with V6 and won all of them

vs Parma - (H) 4-0 (Italian Cup)

vs Milan - (A) 2-0 (Serie A)

vs AEK - (A) 3-0 (Champions League)

vs Chievo - (H) 3-0 (Serie A)

It's a great tactic however one thing I've noticed was that in the second half the team doesn't perform good as in the first half. Almost all goals from the above results came in the 1st half. Out of those 12 goals only 4 were scored in the second half and 2 of them were against Milan.

I am Juventus and so far I played 4 games with V6 and won all of them

vs Parma - (H) 4-0 (Italian Cup)

vs Milan - (A) 2-0 (Serie A)

vs AEK - (A) 3-0 (Champions League)

vs Chievo - (H) 3-0 (Serie A)

It's a great tactic however one thing I've noticed was that in the second half the team doesn't perform good as in the first half. Almost all goals from the above results came in the 1st half. Out of those 12 goals only 4 were scored in the second half and 2 of them were against Milan.

Thanks, interesting stats that you point out.

Tyler do you need that training or not? Because I already use a training schedule (Tug's one if i'm not mistaken)

Its up to you but I've noticed many improvements in performances with mine. Especially the new forward schedule. It seems to compliment the tactic well.

Tyler do you need that training or not? Because I already use a training schedule (Tug's one if i'm not mistaken)

I use Tug's as well...

Have not tried Tyler's but my strikers improve a lot under Tug's and I train them as strikers

I tried your tactic in 3 games played with PSG in 1st season.

2 of them were with V6 tactic

Aris - PSG 1-2

PSG - OM 2-0 (21 shots )

The other game was PSG vs Nice 2-2 (scoring the 2 goals in the last 10 minutes). Here I used V4.

Seems that V6 is pretty good. I'll use it more and get back with results.

Cheers!

Could people who are doing ok in away games with V6 share this very briefly please.

I'm playing Antwerp FC, media prediction 5th or so.. budget wise 7th biggest team in competition. So they're not world beaters but it isn't exactly a crap team either.

I'm doing fine away with same tactic, except in Europe against very big teams. Against Juve at home I was able to use v6 & get a draw but away I got smashed. Against Man U I used a 4-1-4-1 by Knap... still got smashed but managed a lucky draw at home.

Although most of my wins away are quite narrow, I create at least the same stats shots and ccc. If it wasn't for the corners it'd be a lot tighter though!

I noticed that I can't get good results away when I'm not playing with my best team, sounds logical but it shows you really need the attributes you outlined in the OP. I even select "weaker" players in general as long as they have better stats in the key attributes you mentioned, seems to work that way.

afcaway.jpg

w1263.png

This is my away record, loss was against Bruges.

Playing with Olhanense, mid table 2L team with 50k budget (20-1 to win the title).

Initial squad plus Cristián Suárez and Jefferson Montero (my fetiche signings since I don't manage top teams, and Roman Zozulya didn't want to come and went Metalurg Zp instead... meh.)

Current status:

P-W-D-L-(For/Ag)-Pts-

15-10-1-4-(26/16)-31 (currently 1st - 1 point ahead)

7-5-0-2-(14/8)-15 (Home)

8-5-1-2-(12/8)-16 (Away)

Really mixed feelings about it.

I'm 1st but winning 1-0, 2-1... For a underdog team...

So I'm pleased with results not so pleased with performance as some games I have 20+ shots with just 3 on target and no CCC's or games with 5 shots and i concede 15 and end up winning 1-0...

Finished my season so, let's get to feedback.

Bear in mind all, I'm just relating my experience with a LL team with no star players.

My opinion worths what it worths ;)

Current status:

P-W-D-L-(For/Ag)-Pts-

30-19-5-6-(59/30)-62 (League Champions 1 point ahead)

15-11-2-2-(36/13)-35 (Home)

15-8-3-4-(23/17)-27 (Away)

Overall I think this is a good tactic. :thup:

As some of you commented, I also feel this tactic could use an away/control version for those hard games BUT, and really mean BUT (hehe), after a closer look at stats I noticed that I had the best away performance of my league.

In Portuguese 2L, only 2 get promotion i did it with 62 and 2nd with 61.

The 3rd place had 50, it was a large gap. But from 3rd to 14th it was only a 16pts gap.

What I mean is, teams are very close to each others so drawing away is good, winning is awesome.

Aren't we asking too much? I don't believe in "Diablo's" anymore ;)

Tyler, I did restricted those long shots except for forwards in 2 half of the season, and i noticed that team keeps shooting almost at will.

Sometimes I did notice 20+ shots, only 5- from forwards and usually when this happens one of the strikers don't even gets shots.

Could it be the AI marking at strikers preventing them from shooting and making other players have to shoot because they have no passing forward options? Have you noticed something similar? This could be an interesting thing to look at imho.

I didn't watch games but i guess it could be a good option leaving LongShots on for forwards and wingers, and 15+ midfielders, with forwards changing positions.

Of course, my strikers-should-do-the-scoring approach might not suit the overall tactical idea behind Piranha. Just trying to help you with some ideas.

It's time to get going so, big Kudos to you Tyler for sharing the tactic with us and above all for inspiring others (me at least) to create their own sets.

You're the man!!!

Edit: I was planning on doing 2 save versions for 2nd half of the season, using v6 always and v4+v6 according to game difficulty.

In my v4+v6 save I had a injury streak (my fetish guys and lost all left footers in team) and in a squad with almost no options it ruined the testing.

tyler doesnt use any OI... haha.. OI is being introduce by me i guess.. as i find that the OI helps me alot..

hmm.. but my point is as long as ur OI doesnt involve with "Closing Down" option, it will nt affect tyler formation/tactic.

therefore, follow ur Ass. Man OI EXCEPT for those player he ask u to close down.

Just started using your highly rated tactics & im now using V6. Now Ive trawled through most of the 14 pages on your tactics but can you tell me what kind of central midfielders do i need. is it

2 DMC's' or 2 MC's or 2 AMC's or a combination of the three types.

Also the same question applies for the strikers should it be

2 ST'S or 2 FC's or 2 AM/FC's or again a mixture of them.

Hope you can help me try to get only my 2nd promtion on the 09 game. This version has been the toughest ever for me & im 41 years old & have played the game from the begining.

Keep up the good work lad. ta

Update for people:

Won the league with Spurs using the V4 (V5 when going behind) in 2013/2014.

Won the league with Spurs using the V6 for the last two thirds of the season - took some time to gel but the last half of the season I won every league match apart from 2 - unbelievable!

The strikers took a bit of time to get going with the V6 but for the last half of the season they scored most of the goals and were on fire - especially torres - keirrison was his partner!

I think the V6 is better - no need to switch to another tactic like I was doing with the V4+5

Won @ Zulte-Waregem with 2-3 and yet again none of my strikers scored.

Btw Tyler are you still using those opponent instructions?

One of my strikers has 11, the other 10, 4-5 games to go or so. However.. my central defender (Jelle V.D.) has 20! 19 of them on corners.

No sleight to Tyler on his tactic, but the best tactic for a striker scoring well on 9.3 for me has been Heathxx lower league management's tactic http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=110062

Only 1 striker but scoring very consistantly, won the league with it last year.

So far I've played 7 seasons or so with Tyler's different tactics (used others as well for seasons), the most important thing I've learned, after tweaking, trying & testing for hours is that you cannot be afraid to leave your star players on the bench if you have players that have better attributes on the key stats recommended by the author.

I'll give an example.. I have a wing back that I bought from 3rd division(!) he's pretty mediocre, CA around 120.. (I bought him because he can play anywhere in defense & a couple of spots in midfield). On paper, he's the weakest link, however.. if he plays he gets on "team of the week" quite regularly, because the stats he has are quite weak.. but.. on the key attributes required, he excels.

Good luck everyone!

Just started using your highly rated tactics & im now using V6. Now Ive trawled through most of the 14 pages on your tactics but can you tell me what kind of central midfielders do i need. is it

2 DMC's' or 2 MC's or 2 AMC's or a combination of the three types.

Also the same question applies for the strikers should it be

2 ST'S or 2 FC's or 2 AM/FC's or again a mixture of them.

Hope you can help me try to get only my 2nd promtion on the 09 game. This version has been the toughest ever for me & im 41 years old & have played the game from the begining.

Keep up the good work lad. ta

i guess in the OP there is written abt the MC and ST. MC can be any midfielder. ST can be AMC/FC/ST. everything is up to u to place them at which position.

In that last screenshot it says you're using the testing version - is it available for download somewhere? :) And how does it differ from the Final version? Because with V6 Final I'm getting some good results, but occasionally I get really bad result, like 1-4 in a match that pre-match really should be a win for me.

Edit: How about the new training schedule for wingers? :)

In that last screenshot it says you're using the testing version - is it available for download somewhere? :) And how does it differ from the Final version? Because with V6 Final I'm getting some good results, but occasionally I get really bad result, like 1-4 in a match that pre-match really should be a win for me.

Edit: How about the new training schedule for wingers? :)

Well spotted. I didn't notice that. Its actually the final version. I saved and uploaded the final version from my Dunfermline save. The training for wingers remains the same.

Hi Tyler,

Thought I'd give an update on V6 (Final) that I'm using for a new game as Newcastle I started yesterday evening... it's going well so far!

Firstly, the league after 5 games:

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/907/leaguenew1.jpg

Then, my results:

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/2045/fixresnew1.jpg

Then my transfers:

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/9881/transfersnew1.jpg

Finally, my lineup:

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/9581/lineupnew1.jpg

Going very well at the mo, thanks so much for sharing!

I'll update further some other time this week.

My really simplistic approach on that is:

You have CCC's - Blame the strikers

You don't have CCC's - Blame the midfield

;)

In a way i understand what you're saying but the strikers i have should be scoring goals for fun or have i got it wrong. Also i don't really know who to have has my first choice strikers as they all seem to be struggling. I was thinking of playing marquinhos on the right wing or something.

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/1931/amilevskyi.png

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/6408/hulk.png

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/4686/jcristaldo.png

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/5647/marquinhos.png

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/5050/vmoses.png

If anyone can help i would be really grateful thanks.

Tyler, i have to say thanks for these tactics buddy.

My first season with my Hearts using v4/v5, i finished second which i'm very pleased with as that's the highest league position i have managed with Hearts in any edition of football manager, I'm a Hearts fan so i always want to do my best with them.

I don't know how to put up a screen shot but Celtic finished 1st with 88 points, Hearts 2nd with 86 points (came down to the last game where i drew with rangers 0-0 at ibrox), Rangers 3rd with 80 points.

This season i am changing to v6.

First competitive game, Champions League Best placed second Qual.2 - Galatasary 3-1 Hearts, the report says it was an even match but we didn't take our chances.

Then i thought ah well there is no chance of going through now and then....

Hearts 2-0 Galatasary :D, Wow! match report says we outplayed them.

All i can say is thanks Tyler, even though i'm terrible with tactics, i followed your guide and it worked!:D. Although it doesn't seem as affective in away games it's still the best tactic i have used since kimz 08.

This is the only real plug in and play tactic on FM09! Thanks again Tyler!:D

I've been using this tactic for 29 matches in all comps and it's only now that the team have just started to really click and the strikers are now starting to score for fun.

P29 D5 L3 (twice against chelsea) F69 A21

Just a top-draw tactic. As i've said the team have only just got into their groove with the tactic. I only rotate when i really have to. I believe i will win the league and the champions league with any luck.

Hi Tyler,

Thought I'd give an update on V6 (Final) that I'm using for a new game as Newcastle I started yesterday evening... it's going well so far!

Going very well at the mo, thanks so much for sharing!

I'll update further some other time this week.

You've got the right idea there Mike. Well done with the transfers especially mate. Look forward to hearing you're progress. Thanks.

Tyler, i have to say thanks for these tactics buddy.

My first season with my Hearts using v4/v5, i finished second which i'm very pleased with as that's the highest league position i have managed with Hearts in any edition of football manager, I'm a Hearts fan so i always want to do my best with them.

I don't know how to put up a screen shot but Celtic finished 1st with 88 points, Hearts 2nd with 86 points (came down to the last game where i drew with rangers 0-0 at ibrox), Rangers 3rd with 80 points.

This season i am changing to v6.

First competitive game, Champions League Best placed second Qual.round 2 - Galatasary 3-1 Hearts, the report says it was an even match but we didn't take our chances.

Then i thought ah well there is no chance of going through now and then....

Hearts 2-0 Galatasary :D, Wow! match report says we outplayed them.

All i can say is thanks Tyler, even though i'm terrible with tactics, i followed your guide and it worked!:D. Although it doesn't seem as affective in away games it's still the best tactic i have used since kimz 08.

This is the only real plug in and play tactic on FM09! Thanks again Tyler!:D

Great feedback. Thanks for the kind words mate. I like that phrase, 'plug and play'. That's really what I've been aiming for.

I must say I gave this tactic time but it really isn't working, I'm gonna have to go back to v5 i'm afraid. I finished 11th last season and have improved my squad...

3524t2x.jpg

Sorry to be off topic but what logo's are those(the club logos and the Competition Logo in top left), Can you tell me where you got them from, Cheers

I've been using this tactic for 29 matches in all comps and it's only now that the team have just started to really click and the strikers are now starting to score for fun.

P29 D5 L3 (twice against chelsea) F69 A21

Just a top-draw tactic. As i've said the team have only just got into their groove with the tactic. I only rotate when i really have to. I believe i will win the league and the champions league with any luck.

Interesting, a few have said that about the tactic once the team settles into it.