Yes, it's another 9.3.0 patch thread...

just in case im getting the wrong end of the stick. is it possible to play 9.3 with all its changes of the match engine and getting rid of the bugs without having the january transfers and manager changes.

You know when you start a new game and have more than on DB installed you get to choose which one to use? If you select an earlier version you'll get the benefits of the patch without the data update.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You know when you start a new game and have more than on DB installed you get to choose which one to use? If you select an earlier version you'll get the benefits of the patch without the data update.

all the patches ive downloaded over the years and ive only just found this out :D

I have been waiting until this patch to get the game, I did the same last year. I prefer to play with the beginning of season database as I feel it is more realistic, you get a full sim of the year starting with everything that was in place at the start of the year. The only thing is I have seen that a lot of people think Arsenal are overpowered, is this because their stats or too high or the ME not dealing with their tactic properly. Because if it is the ME that is changed in the patch, but if it is a stats thing it isn't going to be changed is it?

I have been waiting until this patch to get the game, I did the same last year. I prefer to play with the beginning of season database as I feel it is more realistic, you get a full sim of the year starting with everything that was in place at the start of the year. The only thing is I have seen that a lot of people think Arsenal are overpowered, is this because their stats or too high or the ME not dealing with their tactic properly. Because if it is the ME that is changed in the patch, but if it is a stats thing it isn't going to be changed is it?

I'm pretty sure the problem was just with their attributes. They were tweaked in 9.2 but some still have their complaints.

I haven't noticed it though. Arsenal haven't even won the league once in 8 seasons in my current save. (I'm not even managing in England fwiw)

Spurs for me. 20m to hit the release fee for a certain Mexican left winger at a Spanish club and I'm laughing. With Wilson P in place I might not have to spend much on a spoiler-type player either.

Clearing out the dead wood should leave me a fair amount to spend on yoof.

i'm sick of people saying that 09 isn't playable...its far more playable than half the crap games that come out on 360 or the PS3.

Football Manager isn't supposed to be exactly like 'real life', as it is ONLY A GAME, pleaseeeee does ANYONE agree with me?? :(

Persoanlly, I think it's great and cannot wait until the patch is released :)

on the subject of which databases to load, what's the difference between the original database and the 9.1 database?

The 9.1 database is more up-to-date. It includes transfers/manager movements that occured between the time the game was released & the time 9.1.0 was released.

I will be starting as KRC Gent-Zeehaven in the Belgian 3rd Division A. On saturday they became my favourite small team in the world ever. Due to an error on a bet, I ended up with a single on them to win on saturday evening and panicked my way through the night as I was convinced I'd lost my money. They won 4-0, I got £500 and they instantly stole a place in my heart!

I will one day take a holiday in Gent, watch them play a match, buy a replica shirt and give them a whirl on FM. It's the least I can do :D

Good luck mate because I just played them in a pre-season friendly with Villa....beat them 18-0. You've got a challenge on your hands there dude :)

On topic - I will more than likely carry on with my Villa game. Once I get bored of that I am going to venture out into the unknown realms of Europe to manage me thinks :D

BARROW AFC! (with the addition of on loan scotland u-21 & u-19 captain, goalkeeper, Alan Martin) absolute quality!

can i just ask....

if i start a game now, when the new patch comes out is it possible to change so that i will be using the new patch with that game? also what does this mean, like what will it change in the game?

when do we reckon it will be ready then this 9.0.3. I was expected another valentines night trying to shoe the mrs up to bed without me, (not very often i pass that up!) so i can settle down to starting a new game with Arshavin at the Arsenal. come on the patch!!

All games, saved or new, take advantage of the patched code (they're all run through the same code! :)) you don't have to do anything but patch the actual game for your saved games to be 'patched' - what it won't change is say moving a player who moved in january because that'd be a bit silly to suddenly revert your game world to the real world!

Will the new patch still work for me if i carry on with my current game?

i don't fancy starting all over again.

let me rephrase this, do i have to wait before i start a new season for the new patch to work? i just finished a season and won't start another until im sure.

damn I was ready to start a new game 2 days ago, just because I wanted to start fresh with 9.2.0 patch..short time after that I get the email which says a new patch 9.3.0 is going to be released very soon, so I'm gonna wait for the patch and start a new game then LOL :D

Archived