Yes, it's another 9.3.0 patch thread...

Stockport County. They sold two of their best players in january, and they are still up there contending for play-offs in League One with the following squad -

Goalkeepers: Year of birth:

Owain Fon Williams - 1987

Lloyd Rigby - 1987

Defenders:

Johnny Mullins - 1985

Michael Rose - 1982

Michael Raynes - 1987

James Tunnicliffe - 1989

Josh Thompson - 1991

Midfielders:

Dominic Blizzard - 1983

Gary Dicker - 1986

Carl Baker - 1982

Tommy Rowe - 1988

Greg Tansey - 1988

Matty Mainwaring - 1990

James Vincent - 1989

Paul Ennis - 1990

Forwards

Chris O'Grady - 1986

Peter Thompson - 1984

Paul Turnbull - 1989

Matty McNeil - 1976

Leon McSweeney - 1983

Danny Pilkington - 1990

Oli Johnson - 1987

Declan Edwards - 1989

..what a challenge.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
do you think its worth starting a new game (a long term game) now or just wait untill the 9.3.0 comes out?

Start a new game now if the out of date database doesn't bother you. If it does bother you, could always download a database update in the editors forum & just patch your save when 9.3.0 comes out :thup:

Guest TomasAlex
The data isn't updated then!

In terms of the player stats I meant, so, is it possible to start a game with the new player ratings from 9.3 but WITHOUT the player transfers?

In terms of the player stats I meant, so, is it possible to start a game with the new player ratings from 9.3 but WITHOUT the player transfers?

It isn't possible.

thanks man for the quick reply. After the game has been patched will i need to tweak or even make a new tactic set for the new match engine?
We'll just have to wait & see. More than likely yes I would think.

Is it possible to start the patch from the January transfer window with all the information up to date from that point?

Not quite but you can be sneaky. I *think* (don't hurt me if I'm wrong :p) if you choose more than one league you can choose the starting date based on the leagues you've selected - so you can start before or after july, I'm not sure how close you can get to a January or what state the league will be in but just something you could try :)

Not quite but you can be sneaky. I *think* (don't hurt me if I'm wrong :p) if you choose more than one league you can choose the starting date based on the leagues you've selected - so you can start before or after july, I'm not sure how close you can get to a January or what state the league will be in but just something you could try :)

That doesn't work. You'll just have no competitive fixtures until the following season.

Guest TomasAlex
Just tested it using Brazil to start in December 2008 - starts december the 20th and all fixtures up to then have been played so you can do it that way afterall :thup: (man city in 17th,love it)

Oh brilliant! Are they accurate and real results though?

If you mean can you play with the bug fixes but no data update, yes. Just select the 9.0.0 database when starting a new game or just continue your current save.

Is this possible for FM07 or only for FM09... I guess it is, but just to check...

Can't believe all this time spent on FM and previously on CM (since 97/98 i think...) and didn't know that this is possible... always hated the January Updates as it makes the game a bit unreal.

So I'll just patch the game with 7.0.2 and when on "Start a new game" just select the 7.0.0 database, and this means I get a bug-free game just without the January transfers, right...?

damn I was ready to start a new game 2 days ago, just because I wanted to start fresh with 9.2.0 patch..short time after that I get the email which says a new patch 9.3.0 is going to be released very soon, so I'm gonna wait for the patch and start a new game then LOL :D

Who did you get a email off?

Archived