A Trillionaire's Playground

Not a great season so far for the MVP for UNA(I'm taking the status until it is re-elected in two years) Paraguyuan Select with them just avoiding relegation so far.

I guess the good run had to finish somewhere and this season we will consolidate and next season, we will challenge for promotion.

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not looking very good for 33 again this year. We were 7th at this stage last year too and collapsed to 9th, hopefully this won't happen again.

Relying on the other members of the UNA to provide good results and positions for now.

Looks like the hopes of the UNA lie heavily of the shoulders of FC Buenos Aires this season. I'm not too confident of doing anything except stay where we are in the league and hope the manager focuses solely on the League Cup so we can bring some silverware to the UNA trophy cabinet.

Have we (UNA) decided on our logo then? I vote for Whoopys revised 3rd logo.

Also, i'd like to invite everyone over to the ideas thread, where i'm trying to set up a sign-up which involves coalitions and alliances between countries (influenced by this sign-up :D). It is still very much in the ideas phase, but I would love anyones input. Shameless promotion :D

Talking about a UNA trophy cabinet?

In the end of season UNA summary, I think that a list of honours would be beneficial.

I've got a general list of honours, but I'll also split it up into the factions too.

I was also thinking of doing a points-tally-by-faction too. Any thoughts?

I'm up for an Eastern European Union (Slovakia).

How about a more interesting sounding name? Something like EBFN Eastern Bloc Footballing Nations or Beyond the Iron Curtain (BIC)?

Oh and after promotion last year Real Bratislava in relegation battle shocker . . . here's hoping they survive!

I'm up for being part of a dominating Western Europe Association, who took out the top 3 positions in the premier league last season, and 2 of the 3 cups.

Happy that Essendon made it to the group stages of Europe, but we need to concentrate on our league form so we can make sure we get a 3rd season in Europe next season!

I'd be happy to be a member of the Central Europe Association. I think we're an up and coming force to be reckoned with.

Blashyrkh FC are going strong at the moment, hopefully we can close the gap on FC Frozen Nuuk and finally gain promotion after successive 3rd places. I'm quite disappointed that there haven't been any signings yet though.

Not a bad idea Marky Mark! My proposal. :p

Western European Assocation (WEA)

• Portugal
  • Spain
  • Ireland
  • England
  • Scotland
  • France
  • Belgium
  • Holland

Central European Association (CEA)

• Sweden
  • Norway
  • Denmark
  • Germany
  • Italy
  • Switzerland
  • Croatia
  • Czech Republic

Eastern European Association (EEA)

• Poland
  • Bulgaria
  • Russia
  • Israel
  • Slovakia
  • Ukraine
  • Serbia
  • Turkey

What about Greece?..you cant forget First Division promotion favourite Eirethosis Famagusta!

I feel left out :(

I've been away!!!

Bloody hell, Penshaw have took me by surprise, promoted as champions to the second division, and still battling away at the top of the Second Division...

Unfortunately the only person I've been able to bring in, was Thorsten Thiel, and he's not doing it for us this season.

Hopefully we can bring a few more names in, like Croatia's Reds...

Come on Penshaw!!!

2010/11 SEASON – End Of Season Update

FM Third Division

Champions: FC FROZEN NUUK danish-flag.jpg

Recently relegated Danes, FC Frozen Nuuk eventually ran away with the league, and halted their recent slump. Chile’s Puerto Varas again made it to the playoff final, but lost out, despite having been in second position all season. Norway’s Blashyrkh FC were promoted instead. Hapoel Elat managed to avoid bottom spot this season, virtue of scoring three more goals this season than FC Miniecha, who finished at the foot of the table.

Table

FM Second Division

Champions: CROATIA REDS croatian_flag.gif

Croatia Reds were run very, very close, but managed to secure promotion from just within Penshaw Athletic’s grasp on goals scored. The Ghanaians were not just unlucky to miss out on the title; but to miss out on promotion too, as the First Division’s Paraguayan Select pulled off a remarkable survival feat. Belgrade Boys and UNF Hiroshima were the unlucky sides who will now be plying their trade in the bottom division.

Table

FM First Division

Champions: EIRETHOSIS FAMAGUSTA l_flag_greece60x40.gif

Eirethosis Famagusta enjoyed a decent run-in toward the end of the season, and have secured themselves top flight football for next season. TWC Indiana and IFK Stockholm chased them down towards the end, but the Greeks held on. Paraguayan Select somehow avoided relegation after finishing ninth, and turning over all three playoff promotion hopefuls from the Second Division, but fellow UNA members Mexicana were not so lucky, suffering their second relegation in as many seasons.

Table

FM Premier League

Champions: ROMFORD TOWN 60px-Flag_of_England.svg.png

Romford Town were top all season long, from the very first game to the very last one, and despite Amsterdam Angels running them close toward the end, they held on for the title. The English and Dutch sides will be playing Champions League football, whilst third and fourth placed, Ottoman Empire and Club de Switz, will be playing in the Europa League, along with cup winners Versailles. FC Berlin Bears managed to avoid relegation in the end, but so did Sambistas. The unlucky side who failed to beat the drop was Italians Scuderia Mugello.

Table

League Cup Final

(D3) FC FROZEN NUUK 2-0 Inquisitive Boys (D3)

Challenge Cup Final

(D1) Sydney Wallabies 0-2 CROATIA REDS (D2)

FM Cup Final

(D1) Celtic Rangers 1-2 FC VERSAILLES (PRM)

Archived