A Trillionaire's Playground

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Argentina - FM Prem

Mexico - FM Prem

Brazil - FM Prem

USA - FM Div 1 (TBC)

Columbia - FM Div 3 (TBC - I imagine you will join)

Chile - FM Div 3 (TBC - Again, I imagine you will accept)

Uruguay - FM Div 3 (TBC)

Paraguay - FM Div 3 (TBC)

You forgot Brazil, probably our most valuable ally :D

Well done so far Paraguay, need to pick it up a bit Uruguay and Chile :thup:

Of course you're welcome. What could be better than having the creator of the sign up on our side?

So the UNA (United Nations of the Americas) looks like this:

Argentina - FM Prem

Mexico - FM Prem

Brazil - FM Prem

USA - FM Div 1 (TBC)

Columbia - FM Div 3 (TBC - I imagine you will join)

Chile - FM Div 3 (TBC - Again, I imagine you will accept)

Uruguay - FM Div 3 (TBC)

Paraguay - FM Div 3 (TBC)

Is this the organization that wants to challenge the FC Berlin Bears for global supremacy? ;):D

FM FIRST DIVISIONTable

Celtic Rangers

The Scots sit seventh after the first half of the season, and have a good chance of improving that position through the rest of the season. They signed young Bosnian goalkeeper Zoran Dzidic from QPR on a free transfers, and have used mainly youngsters.

Club de Switz

The Swiss outfit have enjoyed a decent start to the season, and sit second, just behind the leaders. They made more signings than any other side in the summer – three. Goalkeepers Daryl McCulloch for £210K from Inverness and Eric Patton for £65K from Hearts, as well as Russian utility man Ruslan Zhuravlev for £275K from Zenit. They have used youth players other than these, and have a very good chance of grabbing the one and only promotion spot to the top flight this season.

Eirethosis Famagusta

The Greeks have started well, sitting in fourth at the moment with every chance still of promotion. They made no signings during the summer, and have been playing mainly with youth players.

FC Frozen Nuuk

The Danes have not started too well, and sit ninth, in the relegation playoff spot, after the first half of the season. Russian keeper Valery Rodin was signed for £150K from Zenit, but has been unable to keep out a lot of the shots he has faced this season. Again, mainly youth players have been used so far this season.

Galacticos

A poor start for the Russians has seen them end 2008 at the foot of the table. They completed the signing of English goalkeeper Scott Harwood for £425K from Wigan in the summer, but he, alongside most of the youth players used this season, has proved fairly ineffective. Changes will need to be made for the Russians to have any chance of staying up this season.

IFK Stockholm

A very strong start for the Swedes has deteriorated ever so slightly, and the side sit third at the half way mark in the season. They signed two goalies in the summer, Togolese Christian Cisse for £325K from Celtic, and Dutchman Rob Visser on a free transfer. Again, they have been using nearly completely youth players.

Ottoman Empire

At the beginning of January, the Turks sit proudly atop the First Division, and occupy the only promotion place. They also signed two goalies in the summer, Scot Tommy Cunningham for £130K from St. Mirren, and Uzbek shot-stopper Alisher Pulatov on a free from Pakhtakor. They have also used mainly youth players.

TWC Indiana

The Americans have started fairly poorly, and sit eighth at the half way mark. They signed promising young Welsh goalkeeper Ray Moore on a free transfer from Tottenham, and have used him alongside mainly greyed out players so far this season.

Vampire’s Elite

The Romanians signed English goalie Rob McIntosh on a free from QPR in the summer, and sit fifth in the league after a fairly decent start to the season. They have been using mainly youth players so far.

Warsaw Warriors

The Poles have started fairly well this season, sitting sixth with a decent points tally. They need to do more if they are to have any chance of promotion this season, but that isn’t completely out of reach for them yet. They signed former England international keeper Ricky Ward on a free transfer from Portsmouth, and have been playing youngsters alongside him.

As the representative for FC 33 of Uruguay, I'm happy to be part of the UNA. :D

We need to get our act together though, 8th in Division 3 isn't good form. You can see that the quality in that league isn't very high with the small amount of goals scored. Even the highest scorers only have 23 in 19 games.

We need to get our act together though, 8th in Division 3 isn't good form. You can see that the quality in that league isn't very high with the small amount of goals scored. Even the highest scorers only have 23 in 19 games.

And I'm sure I speak for everbody when I say we're pleased to have you join :D

You forgot Brazil, probably our most valuable ally :D

Well done so far Paraguay, need to pick it up a bit Uruguay and Chile :thup:

Maybe I don't want Brazil to join?...No, only kidding, that was my mistake. I had read the lists twice through too. Oh the shame.

Is this the organization that wants to challenge the FC Berlin Bears for global supremacy? ;):D

Yes it is. And to be honest, it won't be a challenge at all to topple the FC Berlin Bears.

FM PREMIER LEAGUETable

Amsterdam Angels

The Dutchmen have started their season fairly strongly, and sit sixth, just inside the top half of the table. They signed Dutch keeper Sjors Kuijpers for £35K from Ajax, and have been using him along with youth players, as every other team in the Premier Division has.

Berlin Bears

The Germans have started the seasons very strongly, and sit atop the table after the first half of the season. They signed young goalkeeper Grant McKeown from Celtic for £2.4M, and have been using youth players alongside him so far this season.

Buenos Aires

The Argentineans made no signings in the summer, and have been playing so far this season with their own academy’s youngsters. They sit disappointingly in tenth, and have a lot of work to do if they want to make something of this season yet.

Catalan

The Spaniards haven’t started brialliantly, and sit eighth at the half way mark. They also made no signings in the summer, and have been playing so far this season with youth products.

Croatia Reds

The Croatians sit one place below Catalan, in ninth, and haven’t been playing thrilling football so far this season. They made one transfer in the summer, that of Irish goalkeeper Jim Russell, who was signed for £9K from Bohemians. The Reds have been playing this season so far mainly with youth players.

Czech Warriors

No signings were made in the summer by the Warriors, and they have been using mainly youth players so far this season. They sit in a fairly poor eleventh half way through the season, and can only hope that they do not slip down into twelfth, and relegation.

Essendon FC

The Portuguese side started poorly, sitting bottom after six games. However, they have turned their season around since then, and now sit up in second, just three points behind the leaders Berlin Bears. They signed two goalkeepers in the summer, Macedonian Zlatko Iliev on a free from Watford, and Scot Ryan Weir for £240K from Dundee Utd. As with the rest of the division, Essendon have been playing so far with mainly youth players.

Mexicana

A poor opening to the season sees Club de Futbol Mexicana prop up the table, a fair way from safety. A huge amount of work needs to be done if they are to avoid relegation this season. They signed English goalkeeper Brett Watson on a free transfer from Burnley; he was used, again, in conjunction with the team’s youngsters.

Romford Town

The English club have started fairly strongly, and sit fifth after the first half of the season. They made one signing in the summer, that of the once-capped Belgian goalkeeper Bart Bresciani. Youngsters have also been the favoured first team players for Romford.

Sambistas

The Brazilian side started very strongly, but have since slipped a little bit, and sit fourth at the half way mark in the season. They still have time to push forward once again and challenge for the title, but there is a lot of work to do if they are to do that. They singed two goalkeepers in the summer transfer window, Icelander Birkir Tryggvason for £210K from LDU de Quito, and Uruguayan shot stopper Ignacio Martinez for £3.5M from Porto.

Scuderia Mugello

The Italians sit seventh in the league at the beginning of January, which is fairly mediocre. Their season can still swing either way, and that could depend on whether the team is strengthened in the January transfer window. They made no signings in the summer window.

Versailles

The French side have enjoyed a quietly successful start to life in the FM Premier League, and sit third half way in. They made no signings, and have played mainly youth players, and hope that their season can continue in the way it has begun.

Berlin Bears

The Germans have started the seasons very strongly, and sit atop the table after the first half of the season. They signed young goalkeeper Grant McKeown from Celtic for £2.4M, and have been using youth players alongside him so far this season.

Berlin Bears at the top, nothing unusual there. :D

And Buenos Aires in 10th, tut tut Whoopy. Lots of work to do. ;)

Hush up rancer, it's a team game and we're backing Brazil this season :D

Not looking too good for the UNA in the Premier League at the moment, Mexico and myself definately need to pick it up. The title hopes for this season are all with you Sambistas, don't let us down ;)

Chairman of Penshaw Athletic press conference:

In an interview with the Ghana Times, Chairman Gair was asked some testing questions, which he answered as straight as he possibly could.

After being asked what he thought of the new league structure after the trillionaire's involvement in football, Gair likened it to the restructuring of motor sport, saying it was like "the soccer version of A1 Grand Prix".

Also, on being asked about Penshaw's chances in the 3rd division this year, he wasn't too optimistic, and claimed that he'd be surprised if he'd be able to get any cash free'd up to sign new players in the January transfer window. He has however, claimed that he has some form of investment due shortly, and that it may be in place by the end of the window.

Gair asked us to "watch this space".

As the representative of Puerto Varas Volcanes I would be very happy to be a part of the UNA.

Can someone loan me some decent players please ;)

Great speed on the update Dave, es muy bien :thup:

Good to see Essendon (POR) make a solid recovery to 2nd place after a poor start to the season.

Very funny to see that despite all the talk by the Soth and North Americans (UNA), the first 3 divisions are being dominated by the European teams, and they can't even take charge in the bottom division, with the African nations leading the way there.

Face it UNA, you will never be able to compete with the European teams!

Good to see Essendon (POR) make a solid recovery to 2nd place after a poor start to the season.

Very funny to see that despite all the talk by the Soth and North Americans (UNA), the first 3 divisions are being dominated by the European teams, and they can't even take charge in the bottom division, with the African nations leading the way there.

Face it UNA, you will never be able to compete with the European teams!

Marky Mark, I couldn't have said it any better myself! :D

With the likes of Germany, Portugal, and France at the top, I don't think the UNA will be a successful partnership. :p

Come on Belgians, we need go on a winning streak here! At least get 3-4 wins so we can get a safe position... :thup:

Dave: I've got a suggestion for an update, but you have already thought about it. Could you post team squads and manager overview for all the teams if it's not too much work please? Just so we can see the players and the manager's attribute etc?

Come on Belgians, we need go on a winning streak here! At least get 3-4 wins so we can get a safe position... :thup:

Dave: I've got a suggestion for an update, but you have already thought about it. Could you post team squads and manager overview for all the teams if it's not too much work please? Just so we can see the players and the manager's attribute etc?

Yeah, all of that will be in the end of season update, which should be along this afternoon. :)

FM THIRD DIVISION - End Of Season Update

This took much longer than expected! I still hope to get all the other teams' information up this evening, laid out in a similar fashion. I expect however that I'll have to scale things down for future updates, if that's not too much of a problem or disappointment for anybody! I didn't include team lineup screenshots because they were either empty, or with one or two goalies. When the teams get filled up, I'll include a team and transfer screenshot in updates. If anybody didn't notice in the opening post that this signup was being run without using real players... then it is. :) All managers (besides those who have replaced sacked managers) are the managers you originally chose, but with different names.

Blashyrkh FC - flag_60x40.gif

Manager Overview

FM Third Division: 3rd

FM Cup: 4th Round

League Cup: Quarter Finalists

Challenge Cup: Winners

Season Points: 246

Total Points: 246

Cameroon Lions - cameroon.gif

Manager Overview

FM Third Division: 4th

FM Cup: 3rd Round

League Cup: 1st Round

Challenge Cup: 1st Round

Season Points: 169

Total Points: 169

FC 33 - 60px-Flag_of_Uruguay.svg.png

Manager Overview

FM Third Division: 8th

Season Points: 134

Total Points: 134

FC Miniecha - 01AwcAX0M8JX4AAAADAAAAAAAAAAA:.png

Manager Overview

FM Third Division: 10th

League Cup: 2nd Round

Season Points: 78

Total Points: 78

Ocean Boys - nigeria_med.gif

Manager Overview

FM Third Division: 1st

League Cup: Runners-up

Challenge Cup: 3rd Round

Season Points: 703

Total Points: 703

Oil Corperation - 60px-Flag_of_Saudi_Arabia.svg.png

Manager Overview

FM Third Division: 7th

FM Cup: 5th Round

Challenge Cup: Semi Finalists

Season Points: 131

Total Points: 131

Paraguayan Select - Paraguay_flags.gif

Manager Overview

FM Third Division: 2nd

Challenge Cup: 2nd Round

Season Points: 434

Total Points: 434

Penshaw Athletic - Ghana_Flag.gif

Manager Overview

FM Third Division: 5th

FM Cup: 2nd Round

League Cup: 2nd Round

Challenge Cup: 2nd Round

Season Points: 157

Total Points: 157

Puerto Varas - Chile_flag-3.gif

Manager Overview

FM Third Division: 6th

FM Cup: 3nd Round

Challenge Cup: Semi Finalists

Season Points: 149

Total Points: 149

Real Bratislava - slovakia_flag.jpg

Manager Overview

FM Third Division: 9th

Challenge Cup: 2nd Finalists

Season Points: 92

Total Points: 92

Real Bratislava and FC Miniecha both sacked their managers in January.

1st:cool:

Dave I originally thought the updates were too much work and the sign-up will just fail so I don't have any problem ;)

btw if you save the screenshots as .jpg they will take lesser time to upload and will be easier for us to view!!

could u post the league screendshot

I hope I don't upset anyone with this, and feel free to complain if you want!

But I think the size of the updates is too large for me to churn them out at the rate I had originally promised.

So what I intend to do is, starting with the Second Division, just post league positions, points tally and any other important information from the season.

If you would like a screenshot of anything, please don't hesitate to ask! Hopefully things will be faster this way.

Inquisitive BoysBelFlag.jpg

FM Second Division: 6th

Irish Roversireland_flag.png

FM Second Division: 4th

Sofia Spitfiresbulgaria_flag.gif

FM Second Division: 1st

SU Didier60px-Flag_of_Cote_d

FM Second Division: 2nd

Sudon Swallowskorean_flag.gif

FM Second Division: 9th

Sydney Wallabiesaustraliaflag.gif

FM Second Division: 3rd

UNF Hiroshimaja-japan-flag.GIF

FM Second Division: 5th

Both relegated sides, the Swallows and Hapoel Elat, replaced their managers. The Sudon Swallows reached the final of the promotion/relegation playoffs, but lost 1-0 to the Paraguayan Select.

Archived