A Trillionaire's Playground

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I reckon it'll be interesting to see if any bottom flight teams can climb all the way to the top and maintain their position there. Obviously a long enough time span will be needed for this. Of course, anything can happen, because other than names and managers, the teams are equal in every other way, and only transfers and tactics will set them apart.

I have a feeling that Essendon could win the league first time around, no idea why I think that though.

Another interesting thing.

All teams have state of the art youth facilities, and academies.

Will they need transfers, or can they risk relying on talented youngsters, especially for the first few seasons?

I think we South American clubs need to stick together in this Europe dominated league. :D:thup:

Although is Mexico technically South America? I'm never sure.

Mexico is part of where I live, in North America!!! :D

Mexico do play in CONCACAF after all. :p

QUICK UPDATE

We’ve reached October, and not wanting to give away a huge amount just yet, there’s a weird trend setting in. Transfer window, July-August, and only about half the clubs bought players. Those that did buy players only bought goalkeepers. Interesting enough, I thought, the teams wanted to use youngsters to help achieve success.

But that wasn’t completely true. In Division Three, all of the teams have been using almost entirely the virtual “greyed-out” players. In Division Two, teams have been mostly using a mixture of these and youth players. Divisions One and the Premier League have been mainly using youngsters, and the quality of games in terms of chances and goals is much higher here than in the lower leagues, predictably. I’m unsure why this is happening, but I think things will stabilize after a few seasons.

So, who’s leading after the first three months of the game?

Well, Norwegian outfit Blashyrkh FC lead the way in Division Three, with the Cameroon Lions only just behind.

In Division Two, Bugaria’s Sofia Spitfires, and the Ivorians Shut Up Didier are the teams to beat.

In Division One, things are very close, with IFK Stockholm edging it on goal difference.

The Premier League has been the most open so far, presumably down to the quality of the football, and the Germans, Berlin Bears lead the pack, sitting a point in front of Brazil’s Sambistas.

I don't want to spoil things too much; this is just a quick taster before the main half-season January update, which will come at some point tomorrow. I hope you're all excited!

The Premier League has been the most open so far, presumably down to the quality of the football, and the Germans, Berlin Bears lead the pack, sitting a point in front of Brazil’s Sambistas.

Why could it not be any other team? Had to be the Berlin Bears, unbelievable :rolleyes:

I predict my Belgrade Boys will feature heavily in the next update, im taking a disliking to the Berlin Bears, the new Man Utd of this sign up possibly :D?

I was starting to like you until that last bit :D

Down the Berlin Bears :thdn:

Btw I hope this doesn't affect my chances in your sign-up rancer :p

I was starting to like you until that last bit

Down the Berlin Bears :thdn:

Btw I hope this doesn't affect my chances in your sign-up rancer :p

Go Go Berlin Bears. Beat everyone up. :D

Um, Whoopy, you will see whether Wales chooses you at the end of the week. ;)

I think we South American clubs need to stick together in this Europe dominated league. :D:thup:

Although is Mexico technically South America? I'm never sure.

Lets form a coalition. Due to this newly formed pact between Argentina and Mexico (I assume you will accept my proposition), I too shall take a dislike to the Berlin Bears - They are top of the league afterall.

Lets form a coalition. Due to this newly formed pact between Argentina and Mexico (I assume you will accept my proposition), I too shall take a dislike to the Berlin Bears - They are top of the league afterall.

Proposition accepted. Should probably invite Brazil as well to continue the theme.

Oh completely forgot about Chile, you're more than welcome to join our "coalition" I believe was the word used earlier :D

Same goes for Uruguay and Paraguay ;)

Not Colombia then?

Oh... :(

I've just got in, so the first offical half-season update should be along in around an hour or so, when I've written everything up. Don't you lot go anywhere!

FM THIRD DIVISION - Table

Blashyrkh FC

The Norwegian side made a solid start to their league campaign, having taken an early lead in the division. A poor December dropped them a couple of places, but the side are sitting comfortably in fourth now, and could make something of this season yet. No signings were made at all during the summer, but the Norwegians are gradually realizing that using youth is a good policy right now.

Cameroon Lions

Unlike Blashyrkh, the Lions have been mainly using the virtual greyed-out players. It is clearly working well for them however, as they sit top of the league after the first half of the season. Really strong contenders for the Third Division title, if they can keep up their current form, they will have a very impressive season.

FC 33

The Uruguayans are also using greyed-out players, but unlike the Lions, it hasn’t really been working too well for them. They sit eighth at the start of January, and have a lot of work to do to make something of this season.

FC Miniecha

Colombian side Miniecha started well, with two wins out of two to begin with, and looked a little bit like they were going to spring a surprise. However, this turned out to be false hope, as they plummeted to the bottom of the table by the end of December. Having only just realised the value of youth, it may be a while before they can turn their season around.

Ocean Boys

Nigeria’s hopeful side have enjoyed a brilliant start to the season, and sit in second, only just behind the leaders. A good close to the season could see them promoted into the Second Division for the next season. They made no transfers either, and have been using the greyed out players mainly.

Oil Corperation

Sitting mid-table after the first half of the season, nothing hugely eventful has taken place for the Saudi Arabians just yet. Making no transfers either, and using the greyed out players, Oil Corperation seem to be fitting in with the norm at the moment. Fans hope things will improve during the second half of the season.

Paraguayan Select

The Paraguayans are the only South American side who have had a decent opening of the season, and have a real chance of promotion. They sit third at the moment, and are looking to push on towards the top. They were also the only Third Division side to make transfers during the opening of the season, buying a goalkeeper; Russian shot-stopper Victor Balov, who has been a first team mainstay so far this season. The side have been using youth players in conjunction with greyed out players, along with Balov.

Penshaw Athletic

An unremarkable start for the Ghanaians, who sit seventh at the moment. They made no transfers either, and have pinned their hopes of a successful season on the youth.

Puerto Varas

The Chileans haven’t enjoyed their time in the top flight so far, and sit ninth after the first half of the season. They made no signings during the summer, and will need to improve drastically if they are to achieve anything this season. They have used mainly greyed-out players, but with some youngsters interspersed.

Real Bratislava

The Slovakians sit fifth at the half-way mark, and are still close enough to the leaders to make a title charge in the second half of the season. Making no transfers either, they have relied mainly on the youngsters to carry the team forward.

Paraguayan Select

The Paraguayans are the only South American side who have had a decent opening of the season, and have a real chance of promotion. They sit third at the moment, and are looking to push on towards the top. They were also the only Third Division side to make transfers during the opening of the season, buying a goalkeeper; Russian shot-stopper Victor Balov, who has been a first team mainstay so far this season. The side have been using youth players in conjunction with greyed out players, along with Balov.

Yes come on great start kutgw Dave! :D

Not Colombia then?

Oh... :(

Of course you're welcome. What could be better than having the creator of the sign up on our side?

So the UNA (United Nations of the Americas) looks like this:

Argentina - FM Prem

Mexico - FM Prem

USA - FM Div 1 (TBC)

Columbia - FM Div 3 (TBC - I imagine you will join)

Chile - FM Div 3 (TBC - Again, I imagine you will accept)

Uruguay - FM Div 3 (TBC)

Paraguay - FM Div 3 (TBC)

:D

FM SECOND DIVISION - Table

Belgrade Boys

The men from Serbia have not enjoyed the greatest of starts in the Second Division, sitting in ninth place after the first half of the season. They made no transfers in the summer, and have been playing mainly with youth, but with a few greyed out players in the mix too.

FC Dinamo

The Ukrainian ‘Uddersfield have started solidly, if unspectacularly. They made no transfers either, and their near-total use of youngsters has seen them reach sixth at the half-way mark in the season.

Hapoel Elat

The Israeli side have started poorly, if truth be told. Struggling to score goals, and losing way too many games, they find themselves way adrift at the foot of the table at the beginning of January. They also made no transfers in the summer, and are surely hoping their 50/50 mix of youngsters and greyed out players will help the side push on for safety.

Inquisitive Boys

Hercule Poirot’s Belgian bunch have also started in pretty mediocre fashion. They sit seventh, and have a points score that could ultimately see them relegated or promoted, depending on what happens between now and June. Again, no transfers were made in the summer, and they have been resting their hopes on greyed out players so far.

Irish Rovers

The Irish side have started reasonably well, sitting fourth at the end of December. They completed the £1.1M signing of AC Milan’s former Bulgarian international goalkeeper Anton Lyubenov in the summer, and he has performed well so far this season. Youngsters have been used for Rovers alongside Lyubenov, and the side has the potential to push on for promotion this season.

Sofia Spitfires

The Bulgarians have been easily the best team in the division so far this season. They sit proudly top with a good points tally and the most goals scored and least conceded in the league. They are not too far away from the rest that there’s no chance of being caught, but the bookie’s favourite for promotion would not be hard to guess. They signed young keeper Jaime from Spanish non-leaguers Ceuta, and he has proven a fantastic asset so far. He has been used in conjunction with other youngsters in the Spitfires’ push for the First Division.

Shut Up Didier

The Ivorians have been the Spitfires’ closest rivals so far this season, and sit just three points behind the leaders at the half way mark in the season. They signed Spanish veteran goalie for £190K from Espanyol, and he has been used with a mixture of youngsters and greyed out players so far this season.

Sudon Swallows

The Koreans have started fairly poorly too, sitting eighth at the half way mark in the season. They didn’t make any signings in the summer, and have used mainly greyed out players so far this campaign.

Sydney Wallabies

The Aussies have started fairly strongly this season, and sit in fourth place at the moment. They signed former Argentine international keeper Germán Otero from Santos Laguna for £2.1M, and have used a mixture of greyed out and youth players in conjunction with him.

UNF Hiroshima

The Japanese side signed nobody in the summer, but their youth player policy has served them well so far, as they sit third in the league at the half way point. Definitely a side to look out for in the second half of the season – they are just really beginning to get things together.

Archived