SeXy FoOtBaLl 4-4-2 tactic amazing results.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Pointon,

been away for the last few days so not been able to get on here to give an update on the testing.

home tactic is fine but like most the control tactic is definitely not working as well as before. Just finished the 1st full season with Man Utd and won a League and Champions League double. obviously decent achievement and expected to get a result like this with a side as good as man utd.

really struggled to pick up consistent comfortable wins away from home. tried to make various tweaks to the tactic but not too much joy.

i would also be happy to test your tactic kasanowa. gareth250480@hotmail.co.uk

i have a very angry wife so plenty of game time for me this week to test.

BobMUFC - interested in testing your edited Sexy Football control tactic with my newly promoted to League 1 Stafford Rangers team. Have been using Pointins original version until the 9.3 with great success. Appreciate the work both of you guys have done with this.

omark15@comcast.net

If your having great success then carry on doing what your doing, the only thing thats been tweaked is the midfields closing down as before it was knackering my midfielders, also defending corners has been strenghened, ill send it you anyway though:thup:

I have been using Home & Control in 9.2.0 for a while now to great success - unfortunatley with the new patch installed, things just are not the same - and I'm struggling.

I tend to use the control version more than the home - but even this isn't working.

I understand it takes a while to get it right, but would be one of many to see the finalised tweaked versions of the formations.

Look forward to hearing something official soon.

Pointon; im really happy with the control tactic with a minor tweak to the closing down, it doesnt dominate like it used to but its unbelievable if your up against a better or similar team. From using it for around 14/15 games ive lost once and that was 2-0 to fulham in the cup, i thought my crewe side were a certainty for relegation from league one yet i find myself 2 points behind leaders leeds with a game in hand, not to mention ive scored the most and conceded less. As i said a few posts ago this would be an excellent away tactic. Ive fixed the problem with the defending corners aswell now. If your still trying to tweak the control and away tactics ill send you this if you want to give it ago, whats your e-mail?

Btw still testing the home tactic, will post some more results later:thup:

Yeah Bob send me your tweaked version email address is pointon27@hotmail.com

Which control tactic is looking better for mid-table prem teams? I'm Pompey on a new game and want the best control tactic - Pointon and Bob - will you be releasing your tactics for us to download? Cheers buds!

Pointon any chance of sending the tactics please ? bob any chance in sending me the change control version

Sorry but im not going to go sending it out to everyone unless Pointon feels its up to scratch or could do with some more people testing it:thup:

pointon, can't really understand what's the porpuse of this personal testing by anyone that puts an email adress in your thread!!! Why not make a pre-release with the warning that this is not a final version??? Then everyone would be able to test it, give an opinion, and eventually get faster to a final version!!! Just a sugestion....

To everyone it may concern: My tweaked version is sadly not the way forward, i did further testing with spurs and liverpool and even though i won all the games i was really scrappy and didnt deserve to win. Its back to the drawing board, Pointons come up with an excellent idea and is trying it out soon though. Whilst you wait why not chuck some ideas around about how to get the control tactic back to how it was on 9.2, the main problems with it on the new patch imo seem to be that counter attacking and possession football dont seem to work together on the new patch, teams are getting to far inside the half as the defence tends to stand on the edge of the box not trying to win the ball back (the closing down for the fullbacks is quite high so they should at least be attempting to get the ball back but they just follow it), also there arent anywhere near as many ccc as on 9.2 and finally the attacking play isnt steady like it used to be, the team just try and bomb forward which i think is due to the counter attacking option (though ive tried it without the counter attack and its pretty much the same), happy to hear any ideas and i will test any that i think may work:thup:

I thin the key with any tactic is not to follow it religiously. You need to tweak it slightly to suit the players you have.

For example in the original tactic Pointon control tactic was set to short passing. As my players all have hight marks for decision making I decided to give them more freedom and set it to mixed so they can decide if they need to play it short, direct or long ball.

You need to experment slightly to get the best results for your teams.

The 9.2 tactic is working well in my 9.3 game using Blackpool, the defense in particular is pleasing, my strikers are having a hard time breaking through the upper-level Championship defenses though. Still, 6 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss is still a pretty decent record. :)

I had a great game with QPR. First season we quilified as 2nd. Than we got the 12 place in EPL. At the beginning of third season we made perfect transfers and after 19 games we are in 4 position than game updated itself to 9.3 and tactic started to fail. I have unistalled the game and reinstall with 9.2 and the tactic doesn't work at all... I am sad....

Pointon don't understand what's all the fuss about?! Your HOME tactic still rules in 9.3.0!!! Still the best around all internet forums, you dominate teams equal or inferior to your own. For me that is overachieving, so it suits me fine. Obviously the CONTROL is missed for that tough games, even so with HOME you give the Big guns some hard work! Promote your original home tactic, it's great as it is, and concentrate your tremendous tactical skills in developing a new CONTROL.