SeXy FoOtBaLl 4-4-2 tactic amazing results.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If your favourites at home or slight underdogs use the home version, if your up against it at home i'd use the control. Away from home if your underdogs or only slight favourites i would use the control, clear favourites i would use the home version.

I never give importance to match prediction, because sometimes it simply doesn't reflect reality. It looks like they consider mainly team form to establish the prediction, and not the true value of both teams!!! I can see that when you know opposition is stronger (by anlysing their players) and the prediction puts you as favourites, or vice-versa.

Initially i set it to DMC but lately i've used the MC with still good results so i dont think it matters as long as your player has the right attributes.

So if both have the attributes, then set them both, and ML and MR too if they have?!

So if both have the attributes, then set them both, and ML and MR too if they have?!

No just one player, either the DMC or the MC, if you place a few people in the playmaker box in the tactics screen it will only use the first player in the box then if he isn't playing it will use the 2nd and so on. If both your MC and DMC has the right attributes to be a playmaker then it's upto you which one you use.

the only problem i've found with this tactic is that your defenders need to be lightning quick. i have two really fast (17+ Pace) CD's, but if any one of those guys get injured and my 9 Pace CD comes in, i can pretty much guarantee losing two goals a game from the old ball over the top tactic.

the only problem i've found with this tactic is that your defenders need to be lightning quick. i have two really fast (17+ Pace) CD's, but if any one of those guys get injured and my 9 Pace CD comes in, i can pretty much guarantee losing two goals a game from the old ball over the top tactic.

I do well with my DC's i have 4 i use, my main two have pace of 14 and 15, and i dont suffer from the ball over the top too often and the main reason i believe is they both have positioning of 20, to me positioning is one of the main attributes needed for a good DC and will make up for any lack of pace.

I have set a playmaker in the control tactic. I am playing in Serie C/2C with Melfi.

I have got a mid-table position with this tactic.

What I do is set creativity to max if I am losing after the first half.

How do you modify the tactic during half-time and during the game?

Well can I just say this is working great for me. I've become quite disillusioned by the amount of endless tweaking and shuffling that you've had to do in the past couple of versions of FM. It's not that I couldn't win anything, (in fact I won most trophies available in Europe on FM07 or 08), but more that I wasn't enjoying the games.

Part of that might have been that most of the tactics I used in those two games required quality players to work, so it was almost impossible to take on a lower-league team with no money. This is quite a shame when you're a Wednesday supporter... because we're lower-league and we certainly have no money.

But... along comes Pointon's super-sexy football and the love appears to be coming back. Nearly 20 games into the championship season and Wednesday are somehow nine points clear at the top of the table with only one loss, away at Norwich. Considering the squad I have this is remarkable. Basically the only players I've brought in have been Smertin, Musampa, Stephen Appiah and Mikel Alonso on frees along with a Tunisian defender called Saidi. I splashed a whopping 50k on a Japanese right winger from Celtic called Mizuno or something similar and have brought in Fred Sears, Fran Merida and a goalkeeper from Rangers on loan.

This is my first XI at present... Grant, Alonso (nominally a DM but he's got the right stats to play at RB in this team), Wood, Saidi, Spurr, Mizuno, Smertin, Appiah, Musampa, Tudgay/Jeffers and Sodje.

So as you can see it's not a special team, but this is a special tactic. My only problem is that it is working too well... in a perverse way I almost don't want to get promoted this season as I'm nowhere near ready for the Premier League... come in Sugardaddy!

Thanks mate, tactic is gold. Hope it continues to go as well!

I have set a playmaker in the control tactic. I am playing in Serie C/2C with Melfi.

I have got a mid-table position with this tactic.

What I do is set creativity to max if I am losing after the first half.

How do you modify the tactic during half-time and during the game?

The control tactic doesn't utilize a playmaker. I dont modify the tactic, if i start out say with the home tactic and things arn't going well i.e opposition creating to many chances then i switch to control, and vice versa, this very rarely happens now infact i can't remember the last game i was outplayed in.

Give it a try, if not lower def line and untick play offside

well tryed out the slow partnership in centre defence and was ok but in jan i bought 2 centre backs both with 13 or above for pace and now we are really hunting down luton at the top of the league so i recon you cant replace pace for quality.

love this tactic many thanks :thup:

Hello! Someone on www.fmnorge.com (Norwegian FM-site) tip us about using this tactic. I tried it with Kjelsås (A team in Norwegian 2. Division). They are tipped on 10. in the division. Now im going to relegate to the next division :D (Called Adeccoligaen, or the 1. division). Thanks, dude! :D

I think you mean promote. But well done anyway.

why dont u drop the d-line

i did that and went from creating 12+ chances a game to 3 or 4 and my possession stats dropping to 40% or less. i didn't give away much at the back, but losing a game 1-0 is as bad as losing it 4-3.

i like this tactic going forward, but i'm going to have to change it to make it work defensively for me.

Lol thats what i thought i had to read it like 3 times. The guys Nowegian though so English isn't his first language, so it cant be helped, confused the hell out of me though.

Or maybe he's into the anti way of playing FM. Trying to get as many relegations as possible :)

I am Norwegian as well, so I shouldn't be too cocky.

By the way, after been struggling mid season with Newcastle I just stuck to the basics, home tactic at home and away tactic away. Also moved def line one notch back if the scout report suggested it. Now I am back on track again.

sorry slightly confused....although its been a great start for my QPR team..4 wins, 1 draw...

so we have the home tactic and control.....

just to confirm - - in the control you set the DMC as playmaker....but you dont set anyone playmaker in home version..

also you dont touch OIs e.g. placing on weaker foot hard tackling..??

would this make a difference?

sorry slightly confused....although its been a great start for my QPR team..4 wins, 1 draw...

so we have the home tactic and control.....

just to confirm - - in the control you set the DMC as playmaker....but you dont set anyone playmaker in home version..

also you dont touch OIs e.g. placing on weaker foot hard tackling..??

would this make a difference?

No home version you set a playmaker, and the away version you dont. Just add players in the playmaker box that are suitable and play in the DMC or MC role, and put your preferred choice at the top, then just play the tactics how i've posted them. Once you've selected your playmakers and placed them in the box they will become a playmaker for which ever tactic you have selected the option use playmaker.

I dont use OI

Thanks for the reply -

thats what im getting at - if I set my home to have play makers in a list.....when I save...this also saves in the other control tactic? so do you manually do this each game or do you always use a playmaker...hope that makes sense

No because the control tactic doesn't have, "use playmaker" ticked so when you use the control tactic you wont use a playmaker, then if half way through the game for example you switch to the home tactic because the tactic uses a playmaker it will automatically select the one you have put in the playmker drop down box, then if abit later you switch back to control it will no longer use the playmaker as the option isn't selected in the tactics options.

Trigger,

Basically if you have your playmakers listed in the drop-down menu on the tactics page they will be used in the home tactic with the highest ranked playmaker on the field being the guy who is chosen.

For example I have Appiah as my no.1 playmaker and Merida below him. So in the home tactic Appiah will be the playmaker unless I take him off, in which case Merida becomes the guy. If they're both on the field at the same time Appiah remains the playmaker.

As the control tactic doesn't have "Use Playmaker" ticked then it doesn't matter if you have those guys in your drop-down list or not.

Trigger,

Basically if you have your playmakers listed in the drop-down menu on the tactics page they will be used in the home tactic with the highest ranked playmaker on the field being the guy who is chosen.

For example I have Appiah as my no.1 playmaker and Merida below him. So in the home tactic Appiah will be the playmaker unless I take him off, in which case Merida becomes the guy. If they're both on the field at the same time Appiah remains the playmaker.

As the control tactic doesn't have "Use Playmaker" ticked then it doesn't matter if you have those guys in your drop-down list or not.

Thanks you explained it better than i could. lol

Thanks you explained it better than i could. lol

Least I can do after you created this brilliant tactic... I continue to defy all reason with my Wednesday team... quick question though... do you have a set plan when someone gets sent off/injured and you're down to 10?

Least I can do after you created this brilliant tactic... I continue to defy all reason with my Wednesday team... quick question though... do you have a set plan when someone gets sent off/injured and you're down to 10?

If i'm winning then i'll just play with 1 up front, i'f i'm losing or drawing and need the result then i remove my DMC and play 4-3-2

After a rocky start with this tactic it has become brilliant. P25 W20 D4 L1 Scored 48 (joint highest in league) and conceded 12 (2nd best behind Barca's 11)... Top of La Liga with Valencia with my only real competitor being Barca (as to be expected). Real Madrid are 17 points a drift.

Still getting 1 to many yellow cards though, but I think that may be due to my lack of defensive quality. So that's something for me to look at. David Villa has been my saving grace though, scoring 31 in 39 games so far. I usually partner him with Demba Ba for the most part, rotating with Mata and they have just about been pulling their weight.

Great tactic!

I have a great team in Belgium, these tactics worked brilliantly but lately I conceded to unnecessary opponents...such as I could beat rangers 2-0 with a 442 tactics, but lost 2-0 with the control one...I have great defenders and midfielders (def mid in fact but both have 15 in creativity and passing, and tackle!!!)

Would you set your target man too? Both to run onto the ball may work too?!

what a great tactic with QPR im doing very well in season 1 with a team that isn't gelled yet...

thanks for the Playmaker advice....few more little questions

1 - I have 11 million and use Montarrass and Jean-Claude Darcheville.....These are the players I can find to suite the strikers.

Monty had speed 15, Accel 15, finish 15 and 15 composure - JCD 16 pace, 16 accel, 13 finish, 13 composure.

now, due to the tactic JCD must go through one on one 5 times per game (great) but he misses every one, hits keeper, wide over...haha but im still doing well; then.........once per match a ball through, one on one and he turns into Pele, he takes some touches, rounds the keeper and in it goes......then comes th reason for this glorious finish......offside (it is quite funny).

now I can assume this is beacuse his finish etc is so low.....Can anymone recommend some players to suite for Championship team

Ive now put Montarras as the right FC and he is doing well....

2 - The only chances the other team create as far as I can see on the 3D pitch come from my keeper, he boots away (goal kick, hands, backpass,) their mids pick it up and they sometimes score....anyone noticed this.....

3 - how do you watch the game - 3d or 2d? do you think they take more chances on 2d

great tactic though

I think you mean promote. But well done anyway.

Of course i meant promote..xD I'm not the best one to speak English. But anyway: Great tactic!

EDIT: Sorry to confuse you, Pointon! :p When we have glossarytest at school I'm use to get 5+, but when i'm WRITE English on the computer i write more words wrong than I do when I write at the school, I don't know why..xD

I have a great team in Belgium, these tactics worked brilliantly but lately I conceded to unnecessary opponents...such as I could beat rangers 2-0 with a 442 tactics, but lost 2-0 with the control one...I have great defenders and midfielders (def mid in fact but both have 15 in creativity and passing, and tackle!!!)

Would you set your target man too? Both to run onto the ball may work too?!

I dont use a target man!

what a great tactic with QPR im doing very well in season 1 with a team that isn't gelled yet...

thanks for the Playmaker advice....few more little questions

1 - I have 11 million and use Montarrass and Jean-Claude Darcheville.....These are the players I can find to suite the strikers.

Monty had speed 15, Accel 15, finish 15 and 15 composure - JCD 16 pace, 16 accel, 13 finish, 13 composure.

now, due to the tactic JCD must go through one on one 5 times per game (great) but he misses every one, hits keeper, wide over...haha but im still doing well; then.........once per match a ball through, one on one and he turns into Pele, he takes some touches, rounds the keeper and in it goes......then comes th reason for this glorious finish......offside (it is quite funny).

now I can assume this is beacuse his finish etc is so low.....Can anymone recommend some players to suite for Championship team

Ive now put Montarras as the right FC and he is doing well....

2 - The only chances the other team create as far as I can see on the 3D pitch come from my keeper, he boots away (goal kick, hands, backpass,) their mids pick it up and they sometimes score....anyone noticed this.....

3 - how do you watch the game - 3d or 2d? do you think they take more chances on 2d

great tactic though

This happens to me, sometimes my forward will skin 2 or 3 players and place his shot past the keeper in the corner, other times he's through on goal and he shoots right at him, or blazes over the top, personally i believe this is SI games way of keeping the scores realistic, as my striker has excellent stats in finishing, and composure, and if he scored every 9 out of 10 one on ones i'd be winning each game by at least 5 or 6 goals and even more in some cases.

I watch games in 3d.

Hello very nice tac.. some questions the playmaker is it mc or dmc???

and do you use OI in this tac?

You can use either the DMC or the MC, just make sure the player has the stats to be a playmaker, i.e high passing, creativity, off the ball and composure attributes.

I dont use OI.

Hey,

got to say the tactics are amazing though I feel that the 'control' tactics work best for me as the 'home' tactic requires the use of more creative freedom that I feel my players struggle with. I'm Aberdeen at the moment and in my 3rd season, this is the first full season I will have with using the tactic and i'm confident of a 3rd place finish. These tactics combined with the use of the 'FM Genie' software has total enhanced my overall game with several players linked with big money moves i.e 3 million for Alberto Cossentino (Check him out), got him for free, you do the math!!!

All I want to ask really is that I have a couple of players that my assistant says struggle due to being more used to playing more direct or closing down more etc. Because i'm really happy with the tactics i'm a bit reluctant to change anything to accomodate these players. Should I let this worry me or is it a case of just ship them out and bring new ones in?? (Though quite hard on a limited budget).

Hey,

got to say the tactics are amazing though I feel that the 'control' tactics work best for me as the 'home' tactic requires the use of more creative freedom that I feel my players struggle with. I'm Aberdeen at the moment and in my 3rd season, this is the first full season I will have with using the tactic and i'm confident of a 3rd place finish. These tactics combined with the use of the 'FM Genie' software has total enhanced my overall game with several players linked with big money moves i.e 3 million for Alberto Cossentino (Check him out), got him for free, you do the math!!!

All I want to ask really is that I have a couple of players that my assistant says struggle due to being more used to playing more direct or closing down more etc. Because i'm really happy with the tactics i'm a bit reluctant to change anything to accomodate these players. Should I let this worry me or is it a case of just ship them out and bring new ones in?? (Though quite hard on a limited budget).

It's ok that happens with any tactic at first, the longer you keep playing the tactic, the players will become more accustomed to it and eventually your Ass man will no longer suggest those things.

I have a question for you Pointon. Mainly just me being curious and just interested in how the tactic works more. Why do the 2 strikers switch positions? Is this so their defence struggles marking them? Is there a reason you wouldn't have them switching positions?

I have a question for you Pointon. Mainly just me being curious and just interested in how the tactic works more. Why do the 2 strikers switch positions? Is this so their defence struggles marking them? Is there a reason you wouldn't have them switching positions?

Yeah just so they are harder to man mark by the opposition DC's, this IMO only works if you play with two similar strikers, i.e both quick, as if you played with a big target man and a pacy striker you'd want your target man playing deeper, holding the ball to feed your pacy striker with a well placed through ball, but if they were to swap positions you'd have your target man trying to beat the offside trap.

I have to say I have been playing with this tactic with Man City and I have been dominating 85% of games and even in games where I dont dominate I managed to nick the odd win or draw. I have since however left Man City and decided to try the tactic with Norwich in the Championship. I admit Ive only used it for four games but I am losing heavily and being completley outplayed by teams I would class as equal to mine. Could this be my team have not adjusted to the tactic or should I be tweaking my defensive line? Oh I forgot to mention I am using the control tactic. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I have to say I have been playing with this tactic with Man City and I have been dominating 85% of games and even in games where I dont dominate I managed to nick the odd win or draw. I have since however left Man City and decided to try the tactic with Norwich in the Championship. I admit Ive only used it for four games but I am losing heavily and being completley outplayed by teams I would class as equal to mine. Could this be my team have not adjusted to the tactic or should I be tweaking my defensive line? Oh I forgot to mention I am using the control tactic. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Your players need time to adjust i had similar problems when i took over Roma in Serie A, after having good success with Oldham, it took me time to get the right players in for the team, and once you've managed that results will pick up.

I never tweaked my tactic when i took over Roma though results wern't great but they did have the players that could fit the tactic even though they couldn't excel in it. Look at your team and match it to what i said is needed in the first post and then you can see which positions you need to buy players for first in the mean time you could adjust certain things with the tactic but it's hard for me to say what as i dont know the players at your disposal.

For example if your midfielders dont have high passing, creativity and composure you may want to put the try through balls to mixed. If you have slow strikers or they are good in the air you would maybe want to remove player switching and play the big striker in the FCR position, if your defence and midfield have low composure reduce time wasting as they will get caught in position too often, if there to slow remove offside trap and reduce def line.

Like i said it's hard to say when i dont know what your starting 11 player stats are so i dont know where the tactic will fall down.