SeXy FoOtBaLl 4-4-2 tactic amazing results.

Yeah just so they are harder to man mark by the opposition DC's, this IMO only works if you play with two similar strikers, i.e both quick, as if you played with a big target man and a pacy striker you'd want your target man playing deeper, holding the ball to feed your pacy striker with a well placed through ball, but if they were to swap positions you'd have your target man trying to beat the offside trap.

Thanks for that. Let's say for example I don't have two similar strikers... Does it matter which striker plays on the left or right side?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that. Let's say for example I don't have two similar strikers... Does it matter which striker plays on the left or right side?

The FCR plays slightly deeper, so if you had for example a target man type striker and a pacy striker, i would play the target man striker in the FCR role, remove swap positions with the other striker, ask the target man to play through balls often, and hold up ball if he has good strength.

Short and Sweet - I love this tactic. My Hull City were really losing momentum in 2012 in a year where I really wanted to at least finish in the top four for the first time. Previously finished 8th, 5th and 6th. After a bad run of form I switched to this tactic (home only) and now sit proudly at the top of the league with 6 games to go. Ive beaten Arsenal, Chelsea and Utd in my last 10 games and should have beaten Liverpool - Gerrard hit a 98th (Yes 98th !!!!) minute screamer.

Thanks !

Well i tryed it out with Coventry didnt go with Blackburn in the end..

SexyFootball Home Tac

Queens Park 0-4 Coventry

Swindon 0-1 Coventry (forgot team talk)

SexyFootball Control Tac

Coventry 3-2 Middlesbrough (A Team i never beat..)

so far impressive even thou it is only pre season but im getting fantastic ratings.

Pointon, tell me please what type of pre-match team talks do you use? What you say in half time and post match?

I always make sure i hire an ass man with high motivations stats, and although i dont set him to give team talks i do click on what he recommends and then if it sounds ok i go with it.

Things you need to take into account are, the team i manage i am always favourite, whether i'm home or away, my squad personality is very determined this all has a bearing on the correct team talks.

Ok what i notice from my ass man, taking all the above into considerations is in 90% of games he says, "for the fans". At half time, if i'm winning by a couple of goals against opposition i'm expected to beat easily he says, " None". Initially i used to change this to pleased, but always had a bad second half but lately i've stuck none and my 2nd half as been alot better except if any of my strikers have a half time rating of 7.0 or higher i say, " have faith". If i'm winnng by just 1 goal against opposition i should beat easily my ass man says, " Dont get complacent", I stick with this and it does ok for me. If i'm drawing or losing against opposition i should beat easily he says, " Dissapointed" again i stick with this and my 2nd half tends to be better. If i'm playing a team who i'm only slight favourites to beat i.e one of the big boys, then if i'm winning by a couple of goals my ass man says, "Pleased" i stick with this as it seems ok and i dont have any adverse effects. I i'm drawing the match at half time, me ass man usually gives the sme talk as he did before the match i.e "for the fans" again i stick with this option.

I said 90% of the time he uses "for the fans" which does ok for my team, on occasions though he will say, "i expect a win" when ever that is said i'm guaranteed a poor performance i was flying high at the top of Serie A, and was playing the team bottom of the league at home who hadn't won a game all season, my ass man said "i expect a win" so i stuck with it i ended up losing the game 2-1. Needless to say i've not used that option since, so when my ass man suggests this i change it to, "we can win this" which does ok for me.

Hope that helps.

Well, I must say, things aren't going to well for me with this tactic. Tried to change some set ups, but things turned out worse. Not a major fallback. Playing in the year 2017 with Alaves. I have a nice team, some nice defenders, good midfield and good attackers. Not great, but with this team I ended up 4th last season in Spanish Premier division. Now I have trouble winning from any team. Still 9th, but not as expected.

Before the update, the tactic worked out great for me!

Its awful! Damn patches :(

Before - P15 W12 D1 L2

Now - P12 W3 D2 L7

Oh my poor AFC liverpool

Ok i need to know what tactic your using the home, control or both. I've just installed the patch so far i've only used the home tactic like i always have done with Roma, things first game in the Champions league group stage against Standard at home i won 3-1 but what alarmed me was although i wasn't troubled defensively (the goal i conceeded was a penalty) my attacking play sucked i scored one form a brilliant individual effort from my striker, one from a free kick, and another from around 30 yards from my DM other than that i didn't create one clear cut chance through out the match. Next game away to Ascoli who i was expected t beat heavily the game finished 0-0 i had alot of attempts at goal but again no clear cut chances, although again they never troubled me at the back.

So are you guys suffering the same kind of problems or different, so i can work on a new tactic to counter this.

Hmm, it's a bit of all. A few things I have noticed. Poor connection from the midfield to my attackers. Resulting in less scoring chances. In the previous years I could rely on a steady defence. Ok I lost to teams like Real and Barcelona, but usually I was able to put up a good fight in those matches and sometimes have an equal number of chances. Don't have that anymore, its just one-way-traffic. Against teams wich I normally would win (easily), now become hard fought matches with a 50-50 chance of winning.

In my opinion the problem is the midfield. Having hard times finding the strikers and getting more chances against me too. Even though I improved my team a lot in the summer.

Hope this isnt the end for this tactic now the patch is out..

I've just played away against a strong Palermo side, i won 1-0 restricted them to just 1 shot i had 15, 8 on target and 5 clear cut chances using the control version, so i'll test some more away from home with the control and see how it holds up but early signs are promising and i'm already working on a new home tactic. If promising i will post later tonight.

addition: I usually used home, when played home and was favourite. I used control when away or in home games when the opponent was favourite.

With games being really hard now, I'm tempted to use control all the time in an attempt to keep the defence stable. When on the Home tactic, I easily get goals against.

I started a new game with Man City today and I think I had the new patch (auto download) I played three games...lost 0-1 to blakburn...they didnt create alot, neither did I. Played Wigan 0-0 no real chancesfor either and another 0-0 cant recall against who, but I knew they weren't one of the big four.....

With this in mind I am still infurated by the fact I will have 4 one on ones and they will miss all chances, I then take the keeper on and score...offside

they have one or two one on ones and seem to score....grrr

Hmm, it's a bit of all. A few things I have noticed. Poor connection from the midfield to my attackers. Resulting in less scoring chances. In the previous years I could rely on a steady defence. Ok I lost to teams like Real and Barcelona, but usually I was able to put up a good fight in those matches and sometimes have an equal number of chances. Don't have that anymore, its just one-way-traffic. Against teams wich I normally would win (easily), now become hard fought matches with a 50-50 chance of winning.

In my opinion the problem is the midfield. Having hard times finding the strikers and getting more chances against me too. Even though I improved my team a lot in the summer.

which tactic do you find the least effective with me it seems the home version so far, although it's only been tested in 2 games, i also think the problem lies with the midfield as the main part of the tactic was the through balls from the two central midfielders which now seem far less effective than before. One thing for me though is my defence seems as good as before i just seem to be abit toothless up front on the home tactic.

I started a new game with Man City today and I think I had the new patch (auto download) I played three games...lost 0-1 to blakburn...they didnt create alot, neither did I. Played Wigan 0-0 no real chancesfor either and another 0-0 cant recall against who, but I knew they weren't one of the big four.....

With this in mind I am still infurated by the fact I will have 4 one on ones and they will miss all chances, I then take the keeper on and score...offside

they have one or two one on ones and seem to score....grrr

which tactic did you use in the games you played?

Could anyone who post regarding difficulties with the tactic on the new patch please state which tactic they used in the games i.e home or control. This way i can determine better which one needs looking at the most.

Hi Pointon, thanks for your previous help. I followed your instructions with my Norwich team and I found my results started to improve. However like you say since the new patch I have struggled and I have been using the control tactic.

Hi Pointon, thanks for your previous help. I followed your instructions with my Norwich team and I found my results started to improve. However like you say since the new patch I have struggled and I have been using the control tactic.

what are you struggling in creating chances or conceeding goals or both?

what are you struggling in creating chances or conceeding goals or both?

I would say creating chances. Although I have just tried it with my previous Man City team in a previous saved game. I won the game one nil against Sunderland who I would normally expect to beat easily. I only created 5 chances while they created 10. Joe Hart had a rating of 8.5 at the end of the game and kept me in the match. I'll play my next game against Racing home and let you know. In the first leg I dominated the game and won three nil so I will see how I get on and let you know.

Ok, tried several matches, but this tactic definately doenst work for me anymore. Tried control, but even if I win, it is hardly a deserved win. Getting goals against easily, scoring is ok, but midfield is continuesly being overrun, though accoring the media I have one of the most gifted midfield.

Just played Santander and won 3-2. They did have a player sent off at 2-2. However what I noticed was the game was alot closer. When going forward we gave the ball away very easily which has never happended before. We only created one clear cut chance which we scored. The other two goals were a free kick and from a corner.

Started a new game with the new patch - am Pompey - only done 4 pre season matches but won all of them - very convincingly (last one was a 8-0 win) - this with the control tactic - have to see what happens with proper prem matches - but looks good so far!

Ok since my 0-0 against Ascoli i'd made some tactical adjustments early signs are promising, in the games i show i'd sometimes made changes to the tactic at half time if things wern't going well, i'm going to start a new game with Man City to test some more i'll choose City as they have the budget to allow me to get the right players in, so i can give it a proper test.

Palermo using new control tactic

palermonewtactic.jpg

Man City using initially new home tactic then control at half time

mancitynewtactic.jpg

Fiorentina using a revised home tactic slightly different to that i used against City

Fiorentinanewtactic.jpg

Like i said these are early days but the tactic is playing alot more like it used to regarding creating clear cut chances, the changes i made were only minor i.e def line, width etc. I think the mentallity of the tactics isn't an issue as of yet but further testing will tell me for sure.

Hey all jsut thought I would provide some feedback on my Wednesday match. Basically after such a strong start the tactic started to descend once again into uselessness as seems to happen with FM games. Couldn't score, no matter how many chances I created and couldn't keep a clean sheet to save my life. Conceding infuriating goals too, in one my right-back and right winger actually ran into one another, allowing their left winger to pick up the ball, run the length of the pitch before delivering a pin-point cross to my centre-back who headed it in to my own goal from the penalty spot with no-one around him... Laptop nearly went out the window at that point! Especially as that goal made it 4-0 to Chelsea at the Bridge before halftime!

I've done a bit of tweaking in recent games though and seem to be having some luck, mainly by dropping the defensive line and unticking the offside trap. I think you might only want to do these if you have really quick defenders (I don't!) and players that understand each other well. In my most recent match, using control, I dropped the d-line three clicks, unticked offside trap and dropped the time-wasting and tempo... suddenly my team made Liverpool look like a bunch of amateurs and I spanked them 5-0 at Anfield! Crazy but if it keeps working like that I'll give it a go.

Oh and I'm still using 8.2... living in the past...

Hi Pointon,

used this tactic with great success with several teams in either england, italy or spain and is by far the best tactic i have used for fm09. have just started a new game with man utd (players i think fit the tactic) on the new patch and am also struggling with it.

charity shield v pompey - used home tactic and won 2-1. ccc 3 and 47% posession to 2 ccc for pompey and 53% posession. hard fought victory

sunderland away - used control tactic and won 1-0. 1 ccc for me and 52% posession, 7 shots on goal. sunderland 1 ccc 48% posession and 9 shots. another very hard fought victory

middlesbrough home - home tactic and won 1-0. me 3 ccc 57% posession and 15 shots. boro 0 ccc 43% posession and 4 shots.

zenit away (super cup) - control tactic and won 2-0. me 1 ccc 49% posession and 15 shots. zenit 1 ccc 51% posession and 14 shots - extremely hard fought win.

hull away - control tactic and lost 1-0. me 2 ccc 47% posession and 6 shots. hull 4 ccc 53% posession and 12 shots. my keeper had rating of 8.2 so a very bad performance.

after these games i dont believe either tactic are as good as before. strikers on both are getting very low ratings and just not scoring (quality obviously not an issue with man utd). defence also not as good on either as teams that i should and would have before beaten comfortably using either tactic home or away are getting a lot more chances against me.

in all of these games i did not switch tactics at all as i believe that after using these for several save games they always tend to come good.

i would happy test any suggestions people have to improve them and hopefully we can make these as good as they were for 9.0.2

im downloading the new patch as i type so haven't had a chance to try on the new patch but i have done some tweaking over the last season to both tactics and my team have performed much better, the strikers have scored a lot more and my defence have improved.

I'm Wigan by the way. First season with tactics as they are finished 6th, well i used a few tactics including knaps and my own, aswell.

2nd season solely using these tactics as they are, finished 7th. Third season decided to tweak the tactics to see if i could better them and finished 3rd and also won the euro cup with the strikers scoring quite a lot more.

Would be happy to upload the tweaked tactics if pointon27 doesn't mind. I would just say what i tweaked but i can't remember now. Would be interesting to know how they work on the new patch

im downloading the new patch as i type so haven't had a chance to try on the new patch but i have done some tweaking over the last season to both tactics and my team have performed much better, the strikers have scored a lot more and my defence have improved.

I'm Wigan by the way. First season with tactics as they are finished 6th, well i used a few tactics including knaps and my own, aswell.

2nd season solely using these tactics as they are, finished 7th. Third season decided to tweak the tactics to see if i could better them and finished 3rd and also won the euro cup with the strikers scoring quite a lot more.

Would be happy to upload the tweaked tactics if pointon27 doesn't mind. I would just say what i tweaked but i can't remember now. Would be interesting to know how they work on the new patch

I think like he stated earlier the home tactic is for when your playing minnow sides or sides your likely too beat due too the fact its a very attacking tactic..

I prefer control it slows the game down and it seems well organized at the back.

With the new patch im not dominating as much but im scoring goals so its down too me too tweak it soo i keep a lead..

Good tactic thou keep up the good work!! :)

I think like he stated earlier the home tactic is for when your playing minnow sides or sides your likely too beat due too the fact its a very attacking tactic..

I prefer control it slows the game down and it seems well organized at the back.

With the new patch im not dominating as much but im scoring goals so its down too me too tweak it soo i keep a lead..

Good tactic thou keep up the good work!! :)

Yeah thats exactly how it's supposed to be, though in my game with Roma my side is so strong i tend to use home tactic in all but a few of my games, after the patch i've noticed i'm not breaking teams down like i did before but touch wood my tweaked versions seemed to have done the trick. However i'm just about to start a new game with Man City to see for certain. I'll play a few games and if all goes well i'll upload the new tweaked versions for you all to test and give feedback on.

im sure pointon would not mind you posting your tweaked versions as they are not as effective on 9.0.3. if you want mail them then i will test them on 9.0.3. gareth250480@hotmail.co.uk.

cheers

Yeah i dont have a problem with you uploading your tactic, but i would advise you to try it with the new patch first, as through balls aint as effective and could have a bearing on your tactic, if it creates chances as similar to mine.

im sure pointon would not mind you posting your tweaked versions as they are not as effective on 9.0.3. if you want mail them then i will test them on 9.0.3. gareth250480@hotmail.co.uk.

cheers

Gareth while i do my test i'm gonna send you my new version of the tactic for you to test and give feedback on as well seeing a though you dont mind testing. They are to be used in the smae way the others were i.e at home strong favourites use the home, Away from home if you are anything other than strong favourites use the control.

Gareth while i do my test i'm gonna send you my new version of the tactic for you to test and give feedback on as well seeing a though you dont mind testing. They are to be used in the smae way the others were i.e at home strong favourites use the home, Away from home if you are anything other than strong favourites use the control.

ok thanks pointon. ill be happy to do that but it will initially be on my man utd game that just started. ill have a test for another hour or so tonight then some tomorrow and ill post some feedback throughout.

thanks