[RELEASE] OLT Expanded Hair Pack v1.0

O'Leary's Trainee

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great stuff! I hope more styles will be released (by OLT or by others)

I've tried to save it in every possible location. Nothing works :(

I have the game both through Steam and boxed (wanted to order it through steam before release, got the message my payment couldn't be processed. Then i just bought it after release when i came back from a holiday. I installed the game with the disc and was able to play right away. Then i got the bill from my visa payment through steam :H)

I look for the default hair folder i can only find it in the steam location, not in the 'documents' location. On the documents location there is no data folder. I made one myself:

football manager 2009/data/facegen/hair/olt hairpack

also tried:

football manager 2009/olt hairpack

and

football manager 2009/facegen/hair/olt hairpack

I also tried to save them on the steam location with the other files, like mentioned above. No i did not overwrite the other directories. But nothing works.

Soul_Linneus:

The "olt hairpack" folder should be placed in the steam location \data\facegen\hair folder. nikandros33 posted a picture which shows the correct way to place the folders.

The game needs to be restarted, and make sure you don't have skin cache ticked in preferences. That should do the trick. Let me know if you are still having problems after trying the above.

Soul_Linneus:

The "olt hairpack" folder should be placed in the steam location \data\facegen\hair folder. nikandros33 posted a picture which shows the correct way to place the folders.

The game needs to be restarted' date=' and make sure you don't have skin cache ticked in preferences. That should do the trick. Let me know if you are still having problems after trying the above.[/quote']

It works now, but it was the option in preferences > general > use 'user data' folder for temporary files that had to be ticked.

Looking great :)

It works now, but it was the option in preferences > general > use 'user data' folder for temporary files that had to be ticked.

Looking great :)

Great. Glad you got it working.

Really enjoying this pack, thanks for uploading it. Looking forward to some more hairstyles!

Thanks. Knowing there are other people out there enjoying this as much as I do makes it all worth the "hard work" and hours I put into this thing.

Great pack, only problem if I've now got 16 year old kids with stubble and goaties.

Actually, there are only about three or four styles that come with a little facial hair. I was aware of the issue of 16 year olds showing up with them, so I limited my experimenting with that.

I don't know if the screenshots posted below was to illustrate that, because those two have only hair from my pack - there is no styles that come with stubble, just a couple of goatees really (the two versions shown in the pic in my original post, as well as one bald hair style).

It's frustrating, because I want to have facial hair on the older players, but indeed it doesn't look right when they are only 15-16 years old. However, they will be 20+ for the most part of their career, in which case the facial hair looks pretty good imo.

-------

As for the Hitler look-alike :)

Indeed, provide a screenshot. I think I know which hair style you are referring to, and if I'm correct that is one of those that I'm not too happy with and which will be removed for my next version of it. (Next version should probably just be a re-release of the current pack, with the lesser quality hair styles replaced with new ones of better quality).

The pack is designed to add to the existing hairs in the game.

I strongly advise against removing the original hair styles that come with the game - and don't overwrite the ethnic folders within the hair folder as that will cause every player to become bald.

Installation instructions are at my original post - follow these and you'll soon have hundreds of new hair styles available for your young'uns.

Not sure what you mean, shanks.

But, you could always unzip the contents anywhere, and then manually copy the "olt hairpack" folder into the facegen/hair folder (location can be found in the readme file). Remember NOT TO over-write any existing files!

You'll have to restart the game before it comes into play.

Any further problems, let me know and I'll see what I can do to help you.

Nice work, it worked perfectly here and really gave a cooler look to my players, some of them became quite ugly but then i just edited their face and replaced them with another hair of your pack.

Leary, about the players changing hair all the time during the game, its because of their morale, some regens usually change hair depending on current morale, even though it doenst make much sense i believe its not a bug, and surely its not your pack that's causing it.

Also, i posted some of my regens here if anyone else wants to see some more samples:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=89451&page=2

Nice work, it worked perfectly here and really gave a cooler look to my players, some of them became quite ugly but then i just edited their face and replaced them with another hair of your pack.

Leary, about the players changing hair all the time during the game, its because of their morale, some regens usually change hair depending on current morale, even though it doenst make much sense i believe its not a bug, and surely its not your pack that's causing it.

Also, i posted some of my regens here if anyone else wants to see some more samples:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=89451&page=2

Thanks. I know it isn't my pack that causes the random change of hair. That it changes when morale changes is something I've been considering may be the case, and have pretty much come to the conclusion that that is the most likely reason for it to occur, since the player face is updated with a happy or angry looking attitude.

Curious though - what do you mean by "edit their face"... that's not possible is it? If it is - I'd very much like to know how.

BTW - There needs to be a certain percentage of ugly footballers :)

Edit:

Hmmm.... looking at your pictures, I notice that on a couple of hairstyles when using a dark background there is a white aura around the hair. Might have to look into that for future versions (it's not visible when using the default skin, which I use).

Not sure what you mean' date=' shanks.

But, you could always unzip the contents anywhere, and then manually copy the "olt hairpack" folder into the facegen/hair folder (location can be found in the readme file). Remember NOT TO over-write any existing files!

You'll have to restart the game before it comes into play.

Any further problems, let me know and I'll see what I can do to help you.[/quote']

oh ok didnt know you could do that. I'll try that then

thanks and great work you've done here!

Ah, you don't know much about women mate. First recourse after feeling a tad miserable is to get a restyle. These regens are the same. Out here we have a great term for young lads that look like FM regens - 'freshie boys'. Kind of like chavs but utterly harmless.

The regens can smile or almost frown according to their morale, so any changes in morale means that the game reloads the regens face with the appropriate expression and that causes the hair style to be reloaded at the same time.

Thanks. I know it isn't my pack that causes the random change of hair. That it changes when morale changes is something I've been considering may be the case' date=' and have pretty much come to the conclusion that that is the most likely reason for it to occur, since the player face is updated with a happy or angry looking attitude.

Curious though - what do you mean by "edit their face"... that's not possible is it? If it is - I'd very much like to know how.

BTW - There needs to be a certain percentage of ugly footballers :)

[b']Edit:[/b]

Hmmm.... looking at your pictures, I notice that on a couple of hairstyles when using a dark background there is a white aura around the hair. Might have to look into that for future versions (it's not visible when using the default skin, which I use).

By editing i mean i print screen their status screen, than i just cut out the face and then i open one of the hairs in your pack and apply then in photoshop over the older hair they had, then i just save like a facepack. :) I had to do this for alejandro, luciano and some others there, since they had the new hairs when they morale was good or very good, but in superb morale, they had a older hair that was not from your pack.

Any news on a future update on this OLT?

I needed a break from creating hairs :)

But, I'm back working on my next pack at the moment, which will likely be a "East Indian" pack, if that works in the game. I want to seperate the Asian hair styles and hopefully not have them used on players from countries like Morocco, Egypt, Israel and India as it currently is... just doesn't look right. I might add to that pack a lot of Asian styles as well, because I only had 3 included in the previous one. I feel that Euro, Afro and Hispanic have enough diversity in it to last for a little while longer before I focus on those again.

It works now and its briliant

thanks

Glad to hear it! Enjoy :)

The regens can smile or almost frown according to their morale, so any changes in morale means that the game reloads the regens face with the appropriate expression and that causes the hair style to be reloaded at the same time.

Yes, it does appear as if that is the reason, but I have seen it change at other times as well. I'm thinking the player faces also update on age, so that could be another reason. I sure hope SI will find a solution soon, because it's very frustrating having to get used to a new look player.

By editing i mean i print screen their status screen, than i just cut out the face and then i open one of the hairs in your pack and apply then in photoshop over the older hair they had, then i just save like a facepack. :) I had to do this for alejandro, luciano and some others there, since they had the new hairs when they morale was good or very good, but in superb morale, they had a older hair that was not from your pack.

Aha... ok. For a second there I thought someone had figured out how to actually edit the face and/or hopefully the skin color...

Nice pack, I will get it when I get home.

How many "hair" styles are there in the game originally?

I don't know exactly how many are in the game originally, but it's way less than the 407 that I provided. It's in the vicinity of 100-150 in total would be my guess.

EDIT: Actually - I just counted them because I got curious. 176 styles come with the original game (a couple are re-used, for example there are the same afro styles in "long" as in "medium")

lol a large majority of mine are bald! They look like they've came from a production line or something. Can i just delete the bald style without it effecting the game in any way?

I would guess you've copied over the original hairs - that's what seems to happen when people have done that. The folder "olt hairpack" needs to be kept as is, and placed in addition to the ethnic hair styles folders.

There is no "bald" hair-style really included (well, I did one, as an experiment) - so there's no delete bald hair. You have to re-install (unless you backed up the FaceGen folder as recommended) to restore the original content, then put the olt hairpack in according to installation instructions.

Hi guys..i need a huge favour...by mistake i messed up my "hair" folder and all regens appear bald now... is there any chance someone could please upload theirs somewhere so i can sort it out??? you'd be a life saver...

Hi guys..i need a huge favour...by mistake i messed up my "hair" folder and all regens appear bald now... is there any chance someone could please upload theirs somewhere so i can sort it out??? you'd be a life saver...

I don't think its allowed, you're probably going to have to re-install FM09.

Archived