Official Lost Season 5 Thread *airs in the US on Wednesdays @ 9PM EST (Thur 2AM GMT)*

LokedOut420

the thing with Jin is the actor was in "hot water" :D with tptb for drink driving. So he might not be back, but if he is it's an easy story.....he swam back to Island on wrong bearings, needs Sun "his constant" .......Sun changes from heel to face when she finds out he's alive

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going back to the boat blowing up, i keep wondering what the significance of Christian Shepherd was, magically turning up to say to Michael "you can go now" just before it blows up in his face. I wonder whether that means Michael (and Jin) might not be definately dead.

I liked Michael and Jin, especially when it was them 2 + Sawyer after the raft incident. Never been fond of Sawyer but looks like he's gonna play an important part soon which will sway me.

Id like to see Michael and Jin still be alive = come back, team up with sawyer and Daniel, and then Locke and Richard, and fight another faction of "others"

Before series 3 or 4, TPTB said there were 2 factions of Others. We haven't seen the second faction yet.

Wasn't Michael trying to kill himself because of the guilt of leaving the rest on the Island? But he kept failing because the Island kept stopping him, "You can go now" I interpreted as "you can finally die now" after saving most people on the boat. I think Michael is most definately dead, unsure on Jin.

Going back to the boat blowing up, i keep wondering what the significance of Christian Shepherd was, magically turning up to say to Michael "you can go now" just before it blows up in his face. I wonder whether that means Michael (and Jin) might not be definately dead.

Christian was the representation of the island which had been stopping Michael killing himself until he had done 'his work'. By saying "you can go now" He has done his work, keeping the battery below zero until the helicopter can lift off, and can now die.

Wasn't Michael trying to kill himself because of the guilt of leaving the rest on the Island? But he kept failing because the Island kept stopping him, "You can go now" I interpreted as "you can finally die now" after saving most people on the boat. I think Michael is most definately dead, unsure on Jin.

Yeah I reckon you're spot on with that, good thinking.

Wish I could think logically like that. A case of remembering what has happened/been said in the past i guess.

iirc, Damon and Carlton said on one of the official podcasts that Jin is dead.

And regarding the questions - they'll never answer everything, because part of the fun of the show is in the questions it poses (thus making Lost a hot topic around water coolers worldwide). That being said, they'll undoubtedly tie up the big issues, and in a pretty satisfactory manner by the time they wrap - unlike in Alias, when they had to rush things due to the network basically pulling the plug.

I'd absolutely LOVE it if they made everything tie in with Alias, somehow. Arvin Sloane to be Jacob? :cool:

Aaah yes that makes sense, i knew posting in this thread would help :D

I thought it was pretty obvious myself.

I think why i didn't realise that was because i only watched the last episode from season 4 as a refresher before watching the new episodes. I completely forgot about the episode of Michael trying to top himself.

we've not seen head nor tail of them though in quite a long time now, i presume they've been fully incorporated into the others, so wether or not they've moved with them remains to be seen, but i more or less forgot all about them.

in fact, wasnt the last time we seen cindy was when micheal went to the others camp, or was it when locke went before he was presented with his dad by ben.

as for the jin thing, its pretty much gonnna go either way i think, unless as someone posted earlier, the producers definetely say he's gone.

because i wouldnt be surprised if they show a scene of the freighter before it blows, and perhaps someone chucking a life raft and few left belts overboard and jin jumps of prior to it blowing up and gets a hold of one, remember, he survived before when he jumped into the ocean after sawyer when he got shot.

and didnt eko want to leave the show, he had other stuff he wanted to work on?

i think he was only contracted for 1 season, pity, he was great, reminded me of alittle bit of oz when he was in it playing adebesi :D

What happen to that french women on the Island, Roruso?? (Spelling?) Was she killed by Ben's people? I remember she got shot but was she dead?

She did die, it wasn't Ben's people though. It was the people from the freighter.

Enjoyed the first couple so much that Im really looking forward to the next episode, so much so that I'm thinking about downloading it tomorrow!

No, cannot go back down the downloading route Liam....

Not a particularly great episode, but some interesting information has been revealed.

Charles Widmore has been on the island and was working for Richard.

Richard came to visit Locke as a child because of their meeting in 1954, showing that their actions in the past can affect the future.

I have a feeling the next episode with be focused off the island, but hopefully will get some idea of when they are now.

I thought that was brilliant, Richard is so good, I hope they do an episode entirely on him soon like they've done on others. The Widmore thing was pretty interesting, him and Mrs Hawking leave the Island for some reason, could be Faradays father?

it's really good how they are knitting all this sort of stuff together, the idea of Locke getting the visit from Richard because he met him in 1954 is just really clever writing - sort of rewarding the fans who have been around from the early days (well I think it was season 2 that bit) The mystery of the time flashes and what happens on the island in that timeframe is just great to watch and is giving us more of the backstory without them having to resort to flashbacks

and an episode without the Oceanic 6 + Ben, but it was still a really good one :cool: reminded me a bit of when they had that episode back in S2 when it was Jin, Sawyer and Michael were on the boat and we concentrated on them, then the next episode was mostly back on the island. I expect next week's episode to concentrate on the attempts to get the rest of the Six back to the island

Yeah good question, and no idea. I think they'll have to do a "How it all began" episode at some point and they have the perfect opportunity with all this time travel that's going on now.

Now I think we can see why Richard was annoyed when young Locke picked the wrong item, maybe he thought the old guy he was talking to back in 1954 was lying? Richard said they choose and train Leaders from a young age so if Locke couldn't pass that test, etc, etc. Have to try and dig that old episode out again.

Not a particularly great episode, but some interesting information has been revealed.

Charles Widmore has been on the island and was working for Richard.

Richard came to visit Locke as a child because of their meeting in 1954, showing that their actions in the past can affect the future.

I have a feeling the next episode with be focused off the island, but hopefully will get some idea of when they are now.

nonono. locke hasn't changed anything. the events that he's putting into motion have already happened. he's preserving the past.

of course, that compass is now infinitely old :D

the thing with Jin is the actor was in "hot water" :D with tptb for drink driving. So he might not be back, but if he is it's an easy story.....he swam back to Island on wrong bearings, needs Sun "his constant" .......Sun changes from heel to face when she finds out he's alive

Ana, Libby and Eko were never sacked due to their convictions. Just a coincidence

I think Lost has also pulled up another big question. Now we've seen Richard in 1954 we know he looks like the Richard of the 2004 time period. However, when he met the young Ben Linus 20-30 years after 1954 he has the long hair, old style clothes - a very different look to him to that of him in 1954 (like he came from the Blackrock) and I find that interesting.

A bit mixed on this episode. I enjoyed the island parts with Locke the most (a very tanned Locke), and I find the whole 'Jughead' thing strange. Maybe it's had to be buried behind the concrete in the Swan station or something. Must be more to that bomb thing than just one episode.

The Desmond parts were okay. Desmond isn't Desmond though without his beard.

Is the video game considered to be cannon? According to Cuse it's not

CUSE: The mobisodes are in canon. The Orchid video is in canon. The videogame is not in canon. It's unfair for the audience to go to ancillary sources in order to really understand the show. Even the things like the mobisodes, which are in canon, aren't essential to your understanding of the show. These things are just added bonuses.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20179125_4,00.html

Well, where has it gone then? It's gone somewhere....

The game is considered 'semi-canon' with The Incident Room being part of the canon.

"The Incident Room has been mentioned several times in Lost. Desmond mentioned that there was a magnetic reactor behind the concrete wall. The Incident Room was also seen on the blast door map, right next to the Swan."

"The look and design for the "Incident Room" came from never before seen blueprints given to the developers by the Lost crew for the game. Although the game has been stated to be non-canon, the designs are the creators' intended layout for the blocked sections of the Swan station."

" However, these aspects of the game are official canon to Lost:

I'm not denying there is a reactor or something behind the concrete. It was merely a suggestion.

The bomb has been moved somwhere by someone. Where too is obviously a big mystery. As I said, it can't just be a "thing" in one episode - there has to be more to that and obviously will have to find out.

Interesting to where it may of been moved too.

I've formed a new theory which may, or may not be right.

I think Faraday's mother being Ms Hawking/Ellie might be too obvious, so heres what I think.

I reckon Charlotte's mother and father are Widmore and Hawking. Faraday said that he'd do anything to keep Charlotte from danger, and therefore I reckon he includes using the time problems to speak to Desmond. It would explain the British accent for both Widmore and Hawking, as well as Charlotte and even possibly the "get to where I'm born" comment from Charlotte last season.

There is a possibility that Faraday may still be related to Hawking - maybe him and Charlotte are half-brother/sister which is why he cares so much.

It seems ridiculous writing it down, but there you go.

I think Hawking will be Widmores sister not partner.

Didn't like how unmystic Richard was in this episode.

As much as i Love the theory, the time skip at the end of the episode reminded me so much of "quantum leap" or a "monster of the week" format.

---------------

How Richard got British soliders to work for him I don't know

Well if he did kill Widmore then he couldn't have fathered Penny, thus she could not have met Des who would not have entered the sailing race to impress Widmore that brought him to the Island, and he wouldn't turn the failsafe key that caused 815 to crash bringing Locke to the Island and eventually kill Widmore.

So Locke couldn't kill Widmore.

Archived