Official Lost Season 5 Thread *airs in the US on Wednesdays @ 9PM EST (Thur 2AM GMT)*

LokedOut420

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A theory I haven't seen mentioned here that was brought up on the Lostcasts is that Sun is the one who hired the lawyers that visited Kate. She knows that Kate's first instinct would be to run, and she timed her appearance in LA and her phone call perfectly. She also seemed very calculated and cold during their conversation in the hotel.

Thoughts?

Sounds plausible but why?

I think Locke also has a constant too, the guy who gave him his compass back as he knows different time zones too or at least remembers what happened

Richard is one of the more interesting characters really, the episode where he goes to Locke when he was a young boy and asks him what item was his, a magazine, a hunting knife or a compass may have more importance now that you mention that.

I did hear/read that somewhere, and it is handy that when they only have 70 hours to the next event window she flies into LA and calls Kate. Also thought when watching it there was something off about when she said she was in LA on "business" that didn't sit right with me so it could be possible that happened.

• SI Staff
A theory I haven't seen mentioned here that was brought up on the Lostcasts is that Sun is the one who hired the lawyers that visited Kate. She knows that Kate's first instinct would be to run, and she timed her appearance in LA and her phone call perfectly. She also seemed very calculated and cold during their conversation in the hotel.

Thoughts?

I was thinking that it was Ben who was responsible for the lawyers to give Kate a reason to want to go back to the island.

• SI Staff

It's possible, but remember Sun has been in contact with Widmore so it's possible that he's told her that Ben is going to try and get them all to go back to the island and they have the common aim of wanting to kill Ben. Widmore can't do it for whatever reasonso maybe Sun is trying to get as many of the Oceanic Six on her side to make it easier to get to Ben.

Who do people reckon was firing the arrows?

And is it safe to assume that the soldiers who nearly killed Sawyer were WW2 soldiers, who were patrolling the island and looking for japanese? Obviously its never safe to assume with lost, but its a solid theory?

And is it safe to assume that the soldiers who nearly killed Sawyer were WW2 soldiers, who were patrolling the island and looking for japanese? Obviously its never safe to assume with lost, but its a solid theory?

What? :D

Thoughts?

It could have been Sun who sent the Lawyers, but as Ter points out above and below in a quote, it could have been Ben. I think it was Ben as well - to get Kate on the run - being on the run she's easier to kidnap/capture/persuade to leave and go back to the island.

Another thing that didn't make sense was the picture of her child she showed Kate. Why would she show Kate a baby picture when her child is only a few months younger than Aaron?

I dont think theres a major significance but I think ive read somewhere it was to do with the fact its an asian baby, and comparing it with the baby we saw at the start - who could have been Miles. (Other theories suggest the baby could have been Charlotte as well, although not ginger or what not. Could have been Char's mum died on the island giving birth and the Changs adopted her)

I was thinking that it was Ben who was responsible for the lawyers to give Kate a reason to want to go back to the island.

As I said above yeah i agree - easy to catch on the run.

People firing the arrows - would be interesting to see them early civilization - maybe people who built the 4 toe statue. But could still have been Richard and Co pre- or early-Dharma.

The WW2 people could have been part of Rosseau's team - although they crashed there they would be scared and defensive, thinking it's their island to 2 strangers they've never seen.

In the Arrow orientation Candle says this is for defensive strategies against hostiles and indigenous people. The WW2 looking guys could be part of the Arrow and putting those strategies into action.

Too much time on my hands?

Those "soldiers" were from Dharma, the organisation which built the stations around the Island. Probally The Others shooting the arrows, could be the very first group of people to live on the Island.

Richard was born on the Island, and is the only person left who that applys to iirc (not including Claires baby) which could be why he doesn't age. There's definately something special about him, but we really haven't seen him much.

I dont think theres a major significance but I think ive read somewhere it was to do with the fact its an asian baby, and comparing it with the baby we saw at the start - who could have been Miles. (Other theories suggest the baby could have been Charlotte as well, although not ginger or what not. Could have been Char's mum died on the island giving birth and the Changs adopted her)

I think the fact the baby is asian is because Sun is asian. :rolleyes:

Unless I am misinterpreting what you are trying to say.

• SI Staff
Those "soldiers" were from Dharma, the organisation which built the stations around the Island. Probally The Others shooting the arrows, could be the very first group of people to live on the Island.

I'm not so sure. The whole Dharma stuff has been pretty much in your face with their logo plastered on absolutely everything. Yet their uniforms did not have a Dharma logo on them (that I could see or remember)

I see things have carried on (plot-wise) to a crazy extent. I remember reading or hearing somewhere the writers admitting that everything in the show could be explained and was totally feasible.

they said everything could be explained with science, obviously meaning theoretical science.

one of the theories knocking around was that the black smoke was a swarm of nanobots, but the producers said it wasn't.

I'm not sure why you think they are in a black hole, but I'm sure more details about what is happening will be revealed throughout the season. I have faith in the producers to not screw things up after such a brilliant build-up to everything.

lol yeah, otherwise it's all just going to sound a bit silly. By the sounds of it, it's way too absurd to be believable... Is it still enjoyable? Same direction? Like cliff hanger ends one episode then the next is about something totally different and never resolves the cliff hanger...

I'm so pleased to see Lost back, realy enjoyed those episodes. For some reason, as its getting towards the beginning of the end, i had assumed that these final two series would be all about answering the millions of questions created. But instead there's all sorts of new ones now!

As long as they tie all loose ends up in the end though. Or I want my money back. :rolleyes:

Really don't understand this mentality at all. Just don't bother watching until it's finished then read the lostpedia pages.

We won't get answers to a lot of the questions, what we do get is an immensely enjoyable show.

I think the fact the baby is asian is because Sun is asian. :rolleyes:

Unless I am misinterpreting what you are trying to say.

I was talking about the baby at the start of the first episode; Changs baby.

It's the woman who Desmond bought a wedding ring from someone said earlier. I think it's Faradays mother, she seems to be the one who can plot the correct navigational course to enter/leave the Island.

Ah right she is some kind of gate keeper? I think he season we will see Sun to be an evil Sun till she is reunited with Jin.

I'm not convinced that Richard doesn't age anymore, especially since seeing as time travel is now possible on the island - meaning he could simply be jumping backwards and forwards and seeming not to age to those he encounters on his travels. Then again, if he's been with Ben during his entire life, that goes straight out of the window.

Also, I can't exactly remember, but when Des went back and was going to ask Penny to marry him, didn't the woman say the same things as Daniel (that didn't happen - you can't change it, etc...)? But then I guess we're supposed to think she's his mother anyway - probably confirmed with the cast notes.

Archived