Official Lost Season 5 Thread *airs in the US on Wednesdays @ 9PM EST (Thur 2AM GMT)*

LokedOut420

Locke ****es me off tbh, i bet he doesn't even pursue the Widmore thing (if he did he'd find out abbadon recruited daniel etc, would make him alot less naive)

he annoyed me so much when Juliet said "why you care so much about Richard"

COS HES ****ING IMMORTAL?!?!? Some things get swept under carpet too unrealistically

"what is the smoke monster?"

"don't know..."

end

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

did you just start watching Lost?

Its always been that way and isn't going to change 5 seasons in. How do you know he doesn't pursue the Widmore connection? He was most likely going under the name Jeremy Bentham off the island because Widmore knew the name John Locke.

OK I'm bit puzzled now. Isn't Locke body suppose to be off the island?? Why is he on the island live and well.

Why is Charlotte dying but the others are ok, I know it's due to time travel but why is she only one being affected.

Richard is immortal right?

The big nuclear bomb thing is connected to the button Desmond has to press every 180 mins?

OK I'm bit puzzled now. Isn't Locke body suppose to be off the island?? Why is he on the island live and well.

The events off-island are 3 years after the O6 left.

Why is Charlotte dying but the others are ok, I know it's due to time travel but why is she only one being affected.
No idea, although it is implied in S4 that she has some past to do with the island.
Richard is immortal right?
Possibly, certainly seems ageless at least.
The big nuclear bomb thing is connected to the button Desmond has to press every 180 mins?

No. Dharma didn't come to the island until a couple of decades later.

This maybe reaching further then I should be but I spotted more questions and links in this episode then before. Ok here goes.

My thinking is Dharma came to the island discovered the bomb, somehow activated it and thus built a hatch for it which will quarantine people from the blast. And somehow Desmond has to press those numbers to deactivate the bomb. Also just typing that the numbers are Hugo's lottery numbers which indicates to me, Hugo in the past travelled back in time to when the hatch was built either remembered the numbers they told everyone to remember to key in the computer, travelled back to the future and those numbers stuck with him. Or someone Hugo knows who built the hatch?

Either way Hugo is somehow linked to travelling back and forth I think, maybe becuase he has the sixth sense and someone who was important died and they needed Hugo to talk to him/her? Maybe it was the only person who knows the numbers?

Also another spoiler I read. That blonde girl who took Faraday to the bomb is Mrs Hawkins? AKA Farady's mother. Things that suggestion this is, the short curly hair, the "Why are you looking at me like that?" "You remind me of someone"

Widmore is using faraday to get back on the island to use the time travel technology. because he knows time travel is real because he remembers Faraday from the past?

Penny knows more the she is letting on to Desmond because she was dead against Desmond finding out about Mrs Hawkin then when he does find where she lives she gives him the chance to go see her? Why?

I really don't remember these things well. But:

Claire – What has Miles done previously that would suggest Claire is dead?

Submarine – Is it possible the others do not have sonar technology?

Really don't understand this mentality at all. Just don't bother watching until it's finished then read the lostpedia pages.

We won't get answers to a lot of the questions, what we do get is an immensely enjoyable show.

We surely watch with the hope that our questions will be answered. If the questions (or at least a majority) are not answered it would spoil the series.

No idea, although it is implied in S4 that she (Charlotte) has some past to do with the island.

Can you remind me how it was implied?

This maybe reaching further then I should be but I spotted more questions and links in this episode then before. Ok here goes.

My thinking is Dharma came to the island discovered the bomb, somehow activated it and thus built a hatch for it which will quarantine people from the blast. And somehow Desmond has to press those numbers to deactivate the bomb. Also just typing that the numbers are Hugo's lottery numbers which indicates to me, Hugo in the past travelled back in time to when the hatch was built either remembered the numbers they told everyone to remember to key in the computer, travelled back to the future and those numbers stuck with him. Or someone Hugo knows who built the hatch?

Either way Hugo is somehow linked to travelling back and forth I think, maybe becuase he has the sixth sense and someone who was important died and they needed Hugo to talk to him/her? Maybe it was the only person who knows the numbers?

Also another spoiler I read. That blonde girl who took Faraday to the bomb is Mrs Hawkins? AKA Farady's mother. Things that suggestion this is, the short curly hair, the "Why are you looking at me like that?" "You remind me of someone"

Widmore is using faraday to get back on the island to use the time travel technology. because he knows time travel is real because he remembers Faraday from the past?

Penny knows more the she is letting on to Desmond because she was dead against Desmond finding out about Mrs Hawkin then when he does find where she lives she gives him the chance to go see her? Why?

you could be right but i think the numbers compressed the exotic matter which Candle was scared of

I really don't remember these things well. But:

Claire – What has Miles done previously that would suggest Claire is dead?

Submarine – Is it possible the others do not have sonar technology?

We surely watch with the hope that our questions will be answered. If the questions (or at least a majority) are not answered it would spoil the series.

Can you remind me how it was implied?

Miles says to her "glad to be back" or something

hint, if you type 'Also another spoiler I read' then delete your post and **** off

Hint: You should **** off to this thread http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=98068 and cry about the spoilers that are being posted and realise the thread clearly says "Lost Season 5 Thread *airs in the US on Wednesdays @ 9PM EST (Thur 2AM GMT)*"

Not my fault if you can't control your self after reading "Another spoiler"

Idiot.

Hint: You should **** off to this thread http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=98068 and cry about the spoilers that are being posted and realise the thread clearly says "Lost Season 5 Thread *airs in the US on Wednesdays @ 9PM EST (Thur 2AM GMT)*"

Idiot.

No you fo, the implied I read another spoiler else where should not be posted in these threads. This is for discussion of episodes aired and guesses as to identities not hard facts of who they are

Idiot.

****ing shut up you utter cretin. Episode discussion /= 'a spoiler i read'

Wish we had an iq test on registration here.

Actually I never gave any spoilers away. When I was reading the discussion on another forum the person discussed Fardays comments of "You remind me of someone" being someone we know. One suggestion was it being Farady mother. I suggested this could be true judging by the short curly hair. But we have no confirmation Mrs Hawkins is Faraday mother. Nor do we know if that is Mrs Hawkins herself.

It was a discussion on the comment Faradays made that's all.

Amazing that its even an issue when we actually have spoiler tags now. Speaking of which, don't read this unless you have watched the trailer for the next episode.

It appears that we'll be back off island for the next episode.

I think it will be like that up until the hiatus, switching between on and off island each episode.

The rat that Daniel was working on in Oxford when Desmond met him was called Eloise. Just another little link between him and Ellie and the possibility of being his mother.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Widmore the guy threatening to have Juliette's hand off and the one who snapped the neck of the other Other?

Perhaps he was exiled because he killed one of his own.

So the reason he was exiled was because of Locke and the reason why Locke was on the island was because of Desmond and Desmond was on the island because of Widmore and the reason why Widmore wasn't on the island was because of Locke.

I think that we're going to get into serious headache causing plots before the end of the series :D

Great episode last night. I'm still confused about Daniel saying if it didn't happen it can't happen yet there is all this interaction between Locke, Daniel etc and the old others. I had a feeling the British man was going to be Widmore.

The other thing is who is working with who. Mrs Hawking is working with Ben but if peoples theory's are true then she has a connection to Widmore.

I like the theory someone posted above about Hawking and Widmore being Charlotte's parents, that would add up with her wanting to find where she was born.

If Hawkin and Widmore are parents to Charlotte wouldn't that mean Faraday and Charlotte are bother and sister? (Or at least half brother sister?) assuming Faraday and Hawkin are related. Hmmm so when Faraday said I wouldn't blow us up because there I love her (Charalotte) maybe he meant a brother and sister love?

Id probably be annnoyed. Cant see them being related. The love Daniel showed for Charlotte last night seemed pure geniune, I want to make babies love.

It is also interesting some people have speculated Miles is the baby of that chinese scientist from Dharma. (I'm not sure about that myself though)

But that would mean all 3 of them are connected to the Island.

I have only just watched the first double-episode or eps 1 and 2 (old woman at the end with Ben) and really enjoyed it, I am hoping to be able to get back on track so I can join in the discussion but otherwise I'll disappear for a bit :D

It seems they're definitely lining up the 'reasons why the 6 would go back to the island' atm, maybe Ben is the cause of the lawyers forcing Kate to run, Sun will go as she may have some deal with Widmore to kill Ben (responsible for Jin) so hopefully they get back a little before the end of the series although I reckon they just be back for the final double-episode.

Another thing that was mentioned at the start by Halliwax (I guessed it was him from first shot) was another Dharma station called 'Arrow' and used for 'Defensive strategy against original inhabitants' ... not sure what that is all about. We never found out about this 'Temple/Tempest' where Ben's people were waiting, could be something to do with the foot? I was also wondering why, in the past time line, were the original inhabitants attacking the Lost guys? I thought they were all friendly and stuff? Maybe around the time of the 'Purge'?

It seems like a continuation of Hurley being able to see dead people or specifically people that died on the island? He also the cabin that time too. He has 'seen' Charlie, Ecko (playing chess), Anna-Lucia and Libby referenced. He's resisting going back to island, will they convince him ? When the police were at Hurley's house, Matthew Abbadon was one of the cops, right?

I think whoever said about the O6 being the 'constants' for the island may be correct, sounds good anyway, is the island just going to hurtle through time throughout the entire series until they O6 get back though?? Richard seems to know what is going on though and maybe knows whether it will go back/forward. He said to Locke "next time you see me I won't recognise you, give me this" (handed him compass). This implies he thought the next shift would be back and he knew this.

Desmond said the Faraday thing at the hatch was a 'memory' when he woke up next to Penny, not sure how he didn't remember Faraday from Season 4 then, then again he'd had all that weird stuff going on, future visions, etc so maybe all confused. Let us not forget that one of his future visions was Claire leaving the island on a helicopter, that's why Charlie sacrificed himself. True or just saw Charlie die and was necessary and this was the only was to convince Charlie to do it?

Want to know more about Black Rock (slave ship, lost at sea, Widmore was buying the rights to journals of black rock in past episode?) and also how Rousseau got there, Ben stuck in a tree (when they captured him, if Rosseau knows him / re: Alex (kid) then was that a 'set-up' to get Ben 'in' with the Lost guys? What happened to the real balloon traveling people that he stole the identity of?

Also, anyone else think there is definitely a connection with Widmore and the island from the past, didn't Ben and Widmore have a little back and forth on "you won't find the island" "I have done before" ... there were Widmore medical supplies there (a Widmore pregnancy test was used, was that on island or a flash back?). I wonder if Widmore also has some past history there? Something to do with Black Rock? Something waaay back in the past / can't age like Richard ... who knows!

Another thing that no one mentioned that I thought was very clever is that when time shifts and Locke sees Ecko's plane he goes to where he was when he was with Boone. Then he gets shot and can't move. Now in the original time when he was with Boone, Locke suddenly lost feeling in his leg and couldn't climb up, so Boone did it and died. Is the fact he lost feeling in his leg back in the 'normal' time because he got shot in a 'past time' in the same spot?

Anyway, very interesting, I hope I can catch up and join in :thup:

Archived