Official Lost Season 5 Thread *airs in the US on Wednesdays @ 9PM EST (Thur 2AM GMT)*

LokedOut420

Something else I just realized after re-watching is that the female other that led Daniel to the bomb is probably Ms Hawking. There was a slight resemblance and a similar attitude, as well as being about the same age as Widmore. Very interesting.
So Ellie (woman on the island), Mrs Eloise Hawkings? Faraday's Mother aswell presumably?

I absolutely love Faraday, if every episode was about him and Des I'd die of happiness.

two of the first posts after the episode aired

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Faradays mother plots the course into/out of the Island, we know that much so yeah we'll see how they get back. Locke is much more interesting at the moment though, especially would like to find out how he dies off the Island.

I have the feeling that it wasn't suicide as reported in the newspaper that Jack read.

I think that Ben killed him.

Finally caught up with all the episodes last night, this series started off so well

Been thinking about Desmond's constant flashes of Charlie dying, his flashes are surely memories that someone has been telling him in the past, just like when he woke up in bed and suddenly had a memory of Daniel's mother after Daniel telling him about her. It wouldn't explain why he was getting them at different intervals though and not all together, assuming someone told him about all his near deaths at once

Just been thinking about it all, and remembering Jin's bit where he had like another life, with another woman... Will that become relevant now?

Can't recall Jin ever having another woman.

I guess you mean the 'flashback' of Jin delivering a toy panda to a hospital? That was a business associate of Sun's father, who he was working for at the time. Sun had an affair in S3 with a guy who committed suicide.

I've spent the last couple hours discussing the show with another co-worker and have developed this theory. Ms Hawking knows that the island is flashing through time and has been able to calculate when it will appear again on the current timeline. The reason she told Ben that he only had 70 hours is because it is a set window that will only be available once.

We know that the O6 are currently 3 years into the future from when the island first 'disappeared', but the people left on the island have been unstuck from the timeline. It only seems like a few days have passed from their perspective, but in order to stop the island from continuing to flash the O6 need to arrive at the appropriate moment.

I'm sure that there are flaws in that, but I've been bored at work and thought I should contribute something rather than denigrate other people's theories. Hopefully we will get some answers in the next couple of episodes, considering they are both written by Damon and Carlton.

I still don't understand how the island disappearing actually works. The impression we get from the perspective of the guys on-island is that their bodies move from one time period of the island to another. The entire island can't be travelling from time period to time period because they're clearly going to different time periods - otherwise they'd always have their camp and the motorboat, just the weather would be changing.

I suppose the 'disappearing island' is just another side-effect of the time travel rather than the cause of it?

Could someone pelase remind me about something...

I may have missed something, but didn't the island literally disappear in front of the eyes of the raft? As in it was no where to be seen. If so, how did Faraday get back on the island with the raft?

I don't have first ep of this episode or last of the last season.

I've spent the last couple hours discussing the show with another co-worker and have developed this theory. Ms Hawking knows that the island is flashing through time and has been able to calculate when it will appear again on the current timeline. The reason she told Ben that he only had 70 hours is because it is a set window that will only be available once.

We know that the O6 are currently 3 years into the future from when the island first 'disappeared', but the people left on the island have been unstuck from the timeline. It only seems like a few days have passed from their perspective, but in order to stop the island from continuing to flash the O6 need to arrive at the appropriate moment.

I'm sure that there are flaws in that, but I've been bored at work and thought I should contribute something rather than denigrate other people's theories. Hopefully we will get some answers in the next couple of episodes, considering they are both written by Damon and Carlton.

Yeah this is good, I like it.

So you mean the 70 hours Ms Hawking was talking about, on the dot of the 70th hour is when the Island will be on their timeline, and that's when they can return?

The tanker was at a safe distance from the Island, as they kept getting sick and stuff didn't they?

But yeah, I don't understand how the Island moved, I thought they are travelling through time.

IF it is the island that is travelling through time then the island could be in the same physical space but due to the earths rotation etc would appear to move. Would obviously run the risk of landing in a land mass and killing everyone below but it may be possible :D

Obviously Ben had planned that little "I'm going to give you some privacy" line - considering the plane crashed within a minute of him walking off somewhere. Can he control the flashes somehow? Who knows.

Some further thoughts - does anyone else think Hurley has a hidden agenda? He seemed unusally guarded and secretive when he appeared at the airport. The guitar case aswell, maybe some link to Charlie? But I can't think why he needed to bring it, unless theres something hidden inside he doesn't want the others on the plane to find out about.

What about Sayid chained to the woman aswell? And that guy that said "condolences" to Jack, the fact that he was sitting with them in the first class seats indicates to me that he might have a prominent role to come.

Hope the pilot didn't die in the crash, he's a legendary character! Jin in the Dharma suit - maybe following the Rousseau meetup in the past, he decided to join the Dharma initiative as a way of surviving. Although that does allow for the ridiculous storyline of him now being able to speak fluent English, I hope he doesn't though! He didn't look any older so it may still be around the early 90's/late 80's that they've crashed into.

For me the most interesting thing is Desmond. Will he have to return to the island? What is Widmore up to now, surely Desmond knows now where the facility is to locate the island, he can tell Penny or Charles and bobs your uncle, Widmore has the location of the island!

I'm guessing Desmond will have to crash onto the island again via boat ala the first time around. he was sailing about in the far east previously so chances are that is what will happen.

Widmore clearly knew that Desmond was going to get embroiled in the island and wanted to keep Penny away from it. Then I'm wondering if Penny was born on the island.

Obviously Ben had planned that little "I'm going to give you some privacy" line - considering the plane crashed within a minute of him walking off somewhere. Can he control the flashes somehow? Who knows.

Some further thoughts - does anyone else think Hurley has a hidden agenda? He seemed unusally guarded and secretive when he appeared at the airport. The guitar case aswell, maybe some link to Charlie? But I can't think why he needed to bring it, unless theres something hidden inside he doesn't want the others on the plane to find out about.

What about Sayid chained to the woman aswell? And that guy that said "condolences" to Jack, the fact that he was sitting with them in the first class seats indicates to me that he might have a prominent role to come.

Hope the pilot didn't die in the crash, he's a legendary character! Jin in the Dharma suit - maybe following the Rousseau meetup in the past, he decided to join the Dharma initiative as a way of surviving. Although that does allow for the ridiculous storyline of him now being able to speak fluent English, I hope he doesn't though! He didn't look any older so it may still be around the early 90's/late 80's that they've crashed into.

For me the most interesting thing is Desmond. Will he have to return to the island? What is Widmore up to now, surely Desmond knows now where the facility is to locate the island, he can tell Penny or Charles and bobs your uncle, Widmore has the location of the island!

I thought the fact he now speaks very good English was due to the fact that they had actually spent way more time on the island than we thought? Or is that ballcocks?

What pregnant Kate?

Thought that was a great episode, 40 minutes flew by like it was 10. :( And what was written on Locke's note?

The one who obviously got knocked up by Jack.

On another note, no Ben doesn't control the flashes. The 'crash' only happened when he went into the toilet because that's where Charlie was, recreation and all that.

Hope the pilot didn't die in the crash, he's a legendary character!

I dont think that he will, the Island seems to want him to be there. Was originally supposed to be piloting flight 815, then was on the boat and now is the pilot of flight 316. Unless the island is now finished with him I suppose.

Am guessing that Jack and co are in the 70/80's with the Dharma lot and the flight 316 survivors are in 2008 on the island.

Another amazing episode. As for this, they tried to recreate as much as possible when they first crash landed, even down to the person saying "condolences". Sayid was playing as Kate, Hurley was Charlie, etc. I can't remember though if Ben was playing as someone who had a broken arm or was he genuinley beaten because of who he is?

Another thing that needs to be explained is who or what changed Kates, Hurleys and Sayids minds so quickly to go back, obviously something happened and probally involved Ben.

The shoes on Locke was a nice touch, he's going to be the new Christian/Jacob, giving him the shoes of the old one is quite fitting :D

Perhaps Ben needed a broken bone because Locke did? Clutching at straws but still. I've got a feeling he got Desmond to do it by telling him something! Perhaps about Penny/Widmore

Who'd of thought from the first episodes that Lost would become like this!!

And that guy that said "condolences" to Jack, the fact that he was sitting with them in the first class seats indicates to me that he might have a prominent role to come.

I think he may be a plant working for Widmore. Widmore knows they are trying to get back, so has hired somebody to tail them.

I know it doesnt add up when we have already seen some of the wreckage of 316 in one of the flashes but...

I have just been watching the start of Season 3 and how good would it be if Ben had them building the runway so the plane he was going to be on has somewhere safe to land 3 years later...

I know it doesnt add up when we have already seen some of the wreckage of 316 in one of the flashes but...

I have just been watching the start of Season 3 and how good would it be if Ben had them building the runway so the plane he was going to be on has somewhere safe to land 3 years later...

I don't think we've actually seen any of the wreckage though, just the Ajira airlines water bottle in the boat. Would be a very interesting twist to say the least.

Didnt realise the Ajira bottle in the boat from the flashes!

Now remembering this, when the islanders were paddling away from the other boat that infact the other boat was the O6? Why else would there be a scene of Julia shooting someone on that boat? It has to be someone from the O6 surely.

Like Farraday the flashes could be in the past or the future which hints that there would be flashes into the future.

Archived