Official Lost Season 5 Thread *airs in the US on Wednesdays @ 9PM EST (Thur 2AM GMT)*

LokedOut420

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has got a bit better the last few weeks. Basically the voice comment was saying they were totally unimpressed with the episode as it seemed too forced and too many factors were glossed over.

I really enjoyed the episode personally, thought it was up there for top ep of the season. I think the parts missed (aaron gone, sayid being arrested, hurley joining them, what ben was up to) will be answered through the remainder of the season in flashbacks.

i don't understand why sayid has to be kate, hurley be charlie or kate be claire etc. why can't they just act out themselves on the flight? all seems a little stupid tbh as sayid's being kate but who's being sayid? kate's being claire but who's being sun? what is the point? are people just speculating these things or have i missed something.

It's all ******** anyway, I hate time travel and I hate the implication that there's a personality behind it all ticking off certain boxes and deciding what fits best where and so on. It reeks of a plot device to accommodate their storyline requirements. This nonsense about 'if you aren't all there it will lead to unpredictable results' is ridiculous. It should be all or nothing, predictable, not wishy-washy and clearly done so they can have certain characters in one place and others in another.

It appears that they landed on the smaller island with the Hydra station. I hadn't noticed the symbol on first watch due to the **** quality of the picture of my TV tonight.

Also, who could be the woman that ran off with Lapidus? It can't be Kate and most likely isn't Sun. Could it just be a random stewardess? I have a feeling Lapidus will end up running into Sawyer shortly, considering he is the only person left behind that had met him before and would potentially recognize him.

So many other things to mention as well.

OK, that was offically mental. How can Locke be dead and alive at the same time, the mind boggles. The part with John talking to that guy who was on the plane, and they see Ben on the bed; is this occurring before or after Locke "dies"? Jesus!

Eh? It's quite clearly happening after he was killed by Ben as it's after the Ajira plane has crashed which had Locke's coffin in. How can you watch the episode and not get that?

as Loked says though, Christian has only been seen by a select few people. In that last bit, it seemed Locke could be seen by at least two or more of the survivors. Maybe because he was the "chosen one" the island brings him back to full health? I'm not really sure actually, just shows how good Lost is with all the mystery :D

I guess those island healing properties aren't bad then. Be interesting to see how and why Widmore was 'banished', whether it was the will of Jacob or simply Ben supplanting him. Could be either, be a good end if both turn out to be actual bad guys.

My first thought was that Ben was just as bad as Widmore and wanted the Island for himself, hence killing Locke. Then I realised that he must have known he would need Locke to go back to the Island so he must have known Locke would also come back to life once there. Making me think that he's actually a good guy.

OK, that was offically mental. How can Locke be dead and alive at the same time, the mind boggles. The part with John talking to that guy who was on the plane, and they see Ben on the bed; is this occurring before or after Locke "dies"? Jesus!

The scenes where Locke and Ben are together are the past. (Before he was killed) The scenes where you see Locke on the island is the future (Or "present time").

Locke is alive because the island brought him back as foretold by Christian. I think Ben already knew this so killed him knowing it was only a temporary death. If you kill yourself you can't be resurrected I think.

I don't believe Widmore is the good guy, I still think it's Ben simply because all his actions has been for the good of the island. He has already accepted Locke is the leader and is the choosen one and hasn't stood in his way of being the leader the island wants.

Widmore has had so many chances to get back on the island that he hasn't took. He arrange the black guy (Mathew was it?) to convince Locke to take a walkabout. He knows of the Lamppost, he knows where the exit portal is and he has extensive knowledge and research done by Faraday. I question how he knows so much about the island,yet he still refuses to step foot on the island. If he wanted to "save the island" he can easy go there with an army and take control. After all he's more powerful then Ben.

Also are the two new comers (Lady who handcuffed Sayid and Ceaser) working for Widmore?

Good to see Walt back :thup:

Has anyone got any speculation regarding Ben's reaction (face looking shocked and surpised) when Locke told him that people were alive on the island, and that he had been told to see that woman (Faraday's mum)? He looked genuinely shocked, but when he takes the Oceanic Six to see her he seems calm and collected - interesting stuff.

The Widmore scene was brilliant imo. Just set up what's going to happen in the last season.

Perhaps Widmore still believes he can't go back on the island, or knows that if he does he will be killed by the others still there. Im still of the view that Jack is this "chosen one" and as usual Locke is being played by everyone around him to get him back and to believe the island is special. Was nice to see they actually let Locke work something out for himself for once (about Jack being Christian's son) instead of being his usual bumbling self.

if it did turn out that jack was the chosen one (which i myself dont think, i think its locke,always has been,otherwise they'd have surely mentioned it to jack before hand), then poor locke would be devestated, i myself would be devestated, locke is by far the best character on the show, seems all his life he has suffered hardship and everyone in his life seemed to not care about him, bar the girl he was going out with who died, but he pushed her away.

I am officially confused, as someone mentioned, i do think perhaps ben had to kill locke in order to get him to come back to life, otherwise why would he stop him hanging himself, then set it all up to look like a hanging after he killed him, could of just let him do it, and then, for him to say to jack that they had to bring johns body as well with them, makes sence then as if he resented john for taking over, and knowing the island would bring him back to life, he would of just left johns body to be buried and that be the end of it.

so perhaps ben was in fact doing the right then when he killed john, just wish he had of told him so though :D

Yeah you have, Helen was the one he went out with previously. She broke up with him after he lied about his dad still being alive. The one he talked to on the phone was probably some kind of sex line or something similar as she mentioned charging him and him being a 'customer'. I assumed he was just lonely and tried to recreate what he had.

To me locke is being used to turn Jack into a believer. The second series had plenty of Locke getting Jack to take leaps of faith and what not (pushing the button being one). He has also attempted to stop Jack leaving the Island on a few occasions.

Locke has always been conned and always will be, they have set that story in stone. Jack has gradually been turned from a man of science to a man of faith over 4 series, to the point where he is desperate to be back on the island.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but how come Locke could walk off the island? Thought the only reason he wasnt paralyzed was because he was on the island?

Maybe the reason he could walk was because the Island fixed him as opposed to him only being able to walk while there? It would have been wise to assume he would lose the ability once off the island, but maybe it's more powerful than people assumed.

Surely the injury to his leg which he gained on the island was the islands way of correcting and ensuring Locke was unable to walk off the island. Hence the reason he couldn't move untill he was picked up in that truck and was put in the wheelchair? I honestly dont remember him walking in that last episode.

It wasn't Faraday as Locke was the one who mentioned to him getting all 6 back. Faraday then agreed that might stop the flashes, iirc.

Surely the injury to his leg which he gained on the island was the islands way of correcting and ensuring Locke was unable to walk off the island. Hence the reason he couldn't move untill he was picked up in that truck and was put in the wheelchair? I honestly dont remember him walking in that last episode.

He was on crutches/hobbling after he wrote the note. Then he was standing on the table

I have the feeling that it wasn't suicide as reported in the newspaper that Jack read.

I think that Ben killed him.

So I was right about that, probably the first thing I've been right about so far in Lost.

The thing is that I think that Ben will ultimately turn out to be a good guy, despite him initiating the purge that killed all of Dharma, murdering his father and Lock, taking all fo the children including Alex and all of the other bad things he's done in the program so far.

It would be interesting to find out who Frank stole the canoe with, was it Sun because she didn't disappear with the rest of the O6 in the flash?

Perhaps because Locke promised not to bring her the island kind of lived up to that promise by not taking her in the flash. So the Jin/Sun reunion won't happed for some time.

Archived