Official Lost Season 5 Thread *airs in the US on Wednesdays @ 9PM EST (Thur 2AM GMT)*

LokedOut420

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any chance of spoiler tags? I'd like to discuss the episodes in here after I've seen them, and as I'm in England and this is an English forum, I'll be discussing on Monday after I've seen S5 Ep1. Thanks.

Any chance of spoiler tags? I'd like to discuss the episodes in here after I've seen them, and as I'm in England and this is an English forum, I'll be discussing on Monday after I've seen S5 Ep1. Thanks.

Why don't you wait until you have seen the episodes to come in here and talk about them? Not hard is it

Could make a UK pace thread, like with the 24 thing, as long as that isn't frowned upon.

24 is at least one week behind the US showings, Lost will just be 4 days between showings on ABC and Sky1 so people watching it on Sky1 will just avoid this sort of thread till Sunday night I'd guess? I usually do that when I haven't seen something and know it's been shown somewhere else

Yes sir. :D

doesn't the old woman also sell roasted horsenuts? so outrageous but I just love it. Seriously hate when it ends :D

I was hoping when the arrows came the oceanic lot were in the b.c's :D seriously interesting as they may help dharma somehow or help richard (the compass exchange) to some some magical place.

I think the off island stuff at times is so far away from Island exchanges it's pretty heavy

Faraday worked for Dharma at the start and is on the island.?!

Episode 1 was so good, up there with the Desmond episode from last season as top episodes of any show. Love the time travel stuff on the Island, Desmond in his nuclear suit :D What's up with faraday though, does he not age like Richard or is he always stuck in some sort of time travel? Need episode 3 now :(

doesn't the old woman also sell roasted horsenuts? so outrageous but I just love it. Seriously hate when it ends :D

I was hoping when the arrows came the oceanic lot were in the b.c's :D seriously interesting as they may help dharma somehow or help richard (the compass exchange) to some some magical place.

I think the off island stuff at times is so far away from Island exchanges it's pretty heavy

Faraday worked for Dharma at the start and is on the island.?!

I just assumed that Faraday had gone back and got himself working for Dharma just to get close to the source.

remember Cabin Fever, Richard put a compass on the table. God i wanna know more about Richard. Using bow and arrows!

yeah finalbroadcast, it was a flashforward so to speak, i was thinking there was a double!

(perhaps there is, remember the video with the "twin" of the rabbit....)

This show is insane...

It's back and on top form. :cool: The time travel aspect is interesting with the regulars seeming to have become unstuck in time. Wonder as to how it's going to be resolved, because if the only way for that to happen is to get Jack, Hurley, etc back to the island - they could be in for a long wait.

How many episodes in this season, btw?

My one major disappointment with Lost is that I can't possibly see how the writers can claim all things can be explained with what we in our world know.

But given that I have come to accept Lost as a sci-fi programme, I think I love it even more. The two episodes were top notch.

My fear is whether the writers explain the imagery they have used. For instance the giant foot. I may be picking this up from previous threads, but it seems like the perfect plant. Makes us think the island had mythological inhabitants, which makes us more likely to accept unlikely events.

But things I want to know about:

Smoke monster

People seeing dead people

Healing powers

Desmond and the button

more to come

My fear is whether the writers explain the imagery they have used. For instance the giant foot. I may be picking this up from previous threads, but it seems like the perfect plant. Makes us think the island had mythological inhabitants, which makes us more likely to accept unlikely events.

But things I want to know about:

Smoke monster

People seeing dead people

Healing powers

Desmond and the button

four toed statue will be Sawyer, he pierced his toe.

I hear rumour smokey might be coming again soon

dunno

time stands still or something on the island (but moves elsewhere) so healing comes naturally?

It's generally felt Desmond pushed the button down to stop the build up Candle mentioned, those numbers are the equation to controling time or whatever. When he hit the switch something rum obviously happened...

My mate at work said yesterday that if the island doesnt actually move its just it travels in time, why did we see the island vanish at the end of Season 4 when they were leaving on the chopper?

We could go into the potential paradoxes of time travel on this one. Keeping it simple, though - I'm going to speculate about explanations/rules etc. based on previous interpretations of how time travel works.

if you somehow managed to 'travel in time', then there would be no guarantee of you returning to the same point. If you managed to travel back in time and not return, then time would continue in the 'present' without you. The time-travelling Desmond/Minkowski experienced was different, as it was only their conciousness jumping - their body stayed anchored in time, whilst their minds/souls travelled.

Of course, it's a little more complicated by the fact that the 815 lot/freighter crew/Juliet are travelling through time together, and are not with the Others (evidenced by them disappearing when John jumped). It could be that something is happening to avoid potential paradoxes - if the Others were on the island at the times the Losties etc. jump to, having two Richards (for example) could rip apart the space/time continuum. We also don't know what effect the Oceanic Six going back to the island will have, and likewise the actions of Farady when interacting with Desmond/digging out The Orchid - the interaction with Desmond has already seen him the creation/discovery of a 'memory', so somethig could happen to bring the island back to it's physical place in the present - and a 'new' memory could then be created that sees everyone 'forget' the island ever disappeared.

The problem with time travel is that there are no rules per se - you can change them as you go along, provided you stick to the big ones. JJ and co. could pretty much do whatever they want with the show going in this direction, and provided it's well-done then you can't exactly call them on it.

Archived