21   Barnet           36    -21     33
22   Chester          38    -35     28
--------------------------------------
23   Grimsby          38    -25     27
24   Luton            37     -4     16 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hahahahaha, you won't don't worry. Last time we won we lost our next game at Bournemouth. Expect goals...

I expected goals. We got goals.

We lost to a team like Aldershot. More accurately, we lost to a team like Aldershot, and the assistant on the main stand side who was nothing like up with play and kept giving blatantly incorrect offsides all the way through the first half.

You're fast becoming our bogey team. :(

• SI Staff

survival dreams can carry on a few more days until Saturday :cool:

and dissapointed the authorities have said even if we sell our extra 7,000 we won't be allowed any more tickets for the final due to pre existing segregation agreements, as their sold in a set order working round the stadium and Scunthorpe didn't take up their full allocation you'd have thought they could just move the segregation on the unsold side round an given us some more seats

Good grief, mallen, sort out your Location. I've never seen so much apostrophe abuse in such a small place.

I'm tempted to ask "a team of Ian Roper's what?" but I might not like the answer :(

I expected goals. We got goals.

We lost to a team like Aldershot. More accurately, we lost to a team like Aldershot, and the assistant on the main stand side who was nothing like up with play and kept giving blatantly incorrect offsides all the way through the first half.

You're fast becoming our bogey team. :(

Crap officials, can't say i'm surprised. Or at all bothered. And you still have the trip to our place :D

Good win last night. When Grimsby scored I thought that was it.

Nice to see Emanuel and Pilks back. Nico can't be match fit as he was the worst player on the pitch last night.

I think I must of been the only fan who clapped Mike Newell, he had some awful things shouted at him by some fans.

Amazing season so far for Exeter, Really hope we make playoffs atleast. Nice to see Bradford getting beat badly yesterday.

According to the official website we have a got a very big loaning signing, Will find who it is at 5pm.

Stuart Fleetwood

Not sure about that, thought we were a touch fortunate not to concede.

Great result for us though - playoffs starting to look a lot more realistic if we can keep our run going :thup:

your bloke, talbot possibly, went round our keeper and hit the post. i was down near the away end so no idea how the angle was, but probably should have scored. and iirc the same guy was clear through at one point and blasted over. fair play to him though, got a fairly obvious shirt pull on the way through i thought and if he'd gone down it'd probably have been a red or something.

we weren't very good really. it seemed fairly obvious to me that your two central defenders were decent in the air, so constant long balls were kind of pointless, but our passing was off anyway. hopefully just a blip, what with quite a few big games recently and a few people getting niggles/injuries.

well 3 more points on satdi for you Rob.

Burchill hasn't been given a run though ffs, play him and he'll score more than torres, fryatt and macdonald combined.

Only if we stop pointlessly humping the ball up to him. He's a midget ffs. He needs to learn to shoot when presented with shooting opportunities as well - he had at least two clear shooting ops on Tuesday night, where he chose to turn (awkwardly) and lay it off to a player in a worse position instead.

Amazing season so far for Exeter, Really hope we make playoffs atleast.

No thanks, I much rather we go straight up. This year I would like to save the money I would have to spend in the playoffs. Either way it has been a great season so far, whether the ending will be so good will depend if we can plug the gap that we will now have without Matt Taylor being around for the next few weeks.

According to the official website we have a got a very big loaning signing,

Should have been at the reserves last night, was such a buzz around the place when Fleetwood was spotted in the stand, and the announcer confirmed the signing. Just hope that Tisdale can get him to find the form that made him so dangerous and lethal at Forest green.

• SI Staff

football league sounding like they've today confirmed not a chance of us getting any extra tickets as they can't organise segregation and turnstyles etc despite our clubs best plea we made to them

so not only was our national stadium very expernsive to build it can't actually hold any more than 50,000 people :thup:

Their also just asking for trouble, Scunthorpe still have 8,000 unsold tickets on general sale and guess whose going to try and buy them......

Only if we stop pointlessly humping the ball up to him. He's a midget ffs. He needs to learn to shoot when presented with shooting opportunities as well - he had at least two clear shooting ops on Tuesday night, where he chose to turn (awkwardly) and lay it off to a player in a worse position instead.

Striker who doesn't shoot. He'll fit perfectly into our squad, can we have him??? Yeah I know a striker scored both against you but tbh it was a pretty huge shock he did.

Another great win at Underhill today... Adomah scored a fb brilliant goal, Furlong belied his age again, and O'Flynn poached a couple. Defence as leaky as ever, but the new keeper looked pretty good (but when you watch Ran Kadoch, anything is an improvement)

• SI Staff

believe of the dream comeback carrier on for another week :cool: , would have in an awsome position if Gillingham didn't let Grimsbyy walk all over them :(

4 points from Morecambe and Rotherham before Wembley and aslong as neither Chester or Grimsby win next weekend and we're still in with a chance

believe of the dream comeback carrier on for another week :cool: , would have in an awsome position if Gillingham didn't let Grimsbyy walk all over them :(

4 points from Morecambe and Rotherham before Wembley and aslong as neither Chester or Grimsby win next weekend and we're still in with a chance

10 points off Chester with a game in hand, can we do it?

Looking forward to Wembley as well - Mallen/hjfh have you both got tickets?

wahey wasn't expecting that today, what a bonus :cool: Reuben is god.

Nice to see Luton winning. Shame about Grimsby though.

Gonna be touch & go but if you can win the game in hand & keep on a winning run the pressure might just get to Grimsby. (Chester are ***** anyway so should finish above them.)

• SI Staff

any chance of Rotherham helping another points deducted team out and not put up much of a fight in our game :(

We've got to catch up in next 6 games as last 3 games are Wycombe, Rochdale and Brentford where we won't get much if anything and Grimsby will be playing teams with nothing to fight for who won't put much of a fight up

any chance of Rotherham helping another points deducted team out and not put up much of a fight in our game :(

If we don't beat Bury (tuesday) and Accrington (saturday) then possibly. Otherwise, I'm clinging to the impossible dream of a playoff place.

Wish I could remember what I did with my tickets for the Luton game :(

10 points off Chester with a game in hand, can we do it?

Looking forward to Wembley as well - Mallen/hjfh have you both got tickets?

I have got tickets. Only 2 weeks! :) I'm going to get one of them orange/white viking hats.

I think we'll go down still, but I reckon it will only be by a few points which will probably make it even more disapointing.

A snippet from an outstanding interview with Martin Ling which should interest the Luton fans:

Morgan's got unbelievable talent, but bad application and he gives off terrible body language. Every time he makes a mistake his head hits the floor, or he starts waving his arms about and looks like he's blaming everybody else. I used to show him video's of his performances and how he acted, but it obviously didn't make a difference.

Be interesting to see at what level he wins his next contract.

• SI Staff

He is well and truely screwed, under the current climate he won't find any league 1 or 2 club with the funds floating round to pay his over the top wage demands and hasn't got the attitude to attract a championship club who would match his current wages.

Even the fact his contract is up and his wages aren't secure hasn't turned him round nothing will, such a shame a player with immense potential and technical ability is wasting it. He'll end up in league 1 next season on half his current salary

SATURDAY 21 MARCH

Accrington       2 – 1    Exeter 
Barnet           3 – 2    Lincoln      
Bournemouth      0 – 1    Notts County
Bradford         0 – 1    Port Vale 
Bury             1 – 1    Chester     
Darlington       2 – 0    Aldershot 
Grimsby          3 – 0    Gillingham
Luton            1 – 0    Macclesfield
Rotherham        3 – 0    Chesterfield
Shrewsbury       0 – 0    Morecambe
Wycombe          0 – 1    Rochdale

MONDAY 23 MARCH

Dag & Red        P – P    Brentford

P     GD    Pts

1    Brentford        38    +23     70
2    Rochdale         38    +20     64
3    Gillingham       39     +3     64 
4    Wycombe          37    +17     63
5    Bury             38    +14     62
6    Exeter           38    +10     61
7    Shrewsbury       39    +16     59
8    Bradford         39    +10     58
9    Dag & Red        38    +16     53
10   Chesterfield     36     +5     52
11   Morecambe        38      0     52
12   Darlington       37    +17     50 
13   Lincoln          37     +1     48
14   Aldershot        37    -16     47
15   Rotherham        35    +16     43
16   Notts County     39    -13     43
17   Port Vale        37    -17     41
18   Accrington       38    -13     40
19   Macclesfield     38    -29     39
20   Barnet           37    -20     36
21   Bournemouth      39      0     34
22   Grimsby          39    -22     30
23   Chester          39    -35     29
24   Luton            38     -3     19 

• SI Staff

FA have handed Kevin Nicholls a 5 match ban for his conduct after the game against Bradford a couple of months back however doesn't start for 14 days as normal so can play in cup final but will miss last 5 games of the season :(

love to know what he did in the tunnel to the ref after the game to get that length of ban, longer than Drogbra got for throiwng coin into the crowd. Clubs concidering it's options before making any further annoncement on the ban

:D SSN just showed Nico being interviewed & the squad filming the music video for '30 Miles to Wembley'. It looks very funny, shows them using a 3 wheeler as the team bus.

FA have handed Kevin Nicholls a 5 match ban for his conduct after the game against Bradford a couple of months back however doesn't start for 14 days as normal so can play in cup final but will miss last 5 games of the season :(

love to know what he did in the tunnel to the ref after the game to get that length of ban, longer than Drogbra got for throiwng coin into the crowd. Clubs concidering it's options before making any further annoncement on the ban

5 games? FFS bunch of f*cking idiots at the FA. Mark my words, nothing will come of the Fabregas incident as "no reliable witness/CCTV in the tunnel" but they will punish Nico & Luton

Luton/Shrewsbury fans i have a question for you!

How would you rate Marc Pugh? Hereford have just signed him on loan so im interested to see what you've got to say. Is he good enough for league one and please say he can actually beat a defender.

cracking stuff :thup::thup:

TUESDAY 24 MARCH

Accrington       1 – 0    Darlington
Rotherham        1 – 1    Bury         

WEDNESDAY 25 MARCH

Chesterfield     3 – 0    Rochdale 

P     GD    Pts

1    Brentford        38    +23     70
2    Rochdale         39    +17     64
3    Gillingham       39     +3     64 
4    Wycombe          37    +17     63
5    Bury             39    +14     63
6    Exeter           38    +10     61
7    Shrewsbury       39    +16     59
8    Bradford         39    +10     58
9    Chesterfield     37     +8     55
10   Dag & Red        38    +16     53
11   Morecambe        38      0     52
12   Darlington       38    +16     50 
13   Lincoln          37     +1     48
14   Aldershot        37    -16     47
15   Rotherham        36    +16     44
16   Accrington       39    -12     43
17   Notts County     39    -13     43
18   Port Vale        37    -17     41
19   Macclesfield     38    -29     39
20   Barnet           37    -20     36
21   Bournemouth      39      0     34
22   Grimsby          39    -22     30
23   Chester          39    -35     29
24   Luton            38     -3     19 

With the exception of Chesterfield, who is the one team I dont want to meet again this year the promotion hopefuls seem intent on throwing their chances away.

If only we had beaten Bournemouth at home and decided to turn up and play at Accrington we could have been up to 2nd and challenging Brentford :(

Luton/Shrewsbury fans i have a question for you!

How would you rate Marc Pugh? Hereford have just signed him on loan so im interested to see what you've got to say. Is he good enough for league one and please say he can actually beat a defender.

Sulky and greedy. Stepovers are his only way to beat a man, if that doesn't work then he has no other options.

• SI Staff

David Livermoore in on months loan from Brighton to replace Nicholls during his ban, I do hope he gets a standing ovation Tuesday night for his services to our clubs season after his fine performance getting sent off in cup semi final against us

In all seriousness decent loan signing, was worried without Nicholls we would be very light in midfield

With the exception of Chesterfield, who is the one team I dont want to meet again this year the promotion hopefuls seem intent on throwing their chances away.

Yep, we have really hit form at the right time. Next four games are:

Port Vale (H)

Aldershot (A)

Macclesfield (A)

Lincoln (H)

The way we're playing, we ought to be able to get nine or ten points from those - then we'll have finally played all our games in hand and should be comfortably in the playoff places :) Well, hopefully.

I quite liked him, he only played 4 or 5 games for us though. Only reason Mick sent him back was to bring in a striker when we had an injury crisis.

• SI Staff

Grimsby have got too many winnable home games, fear mid table sides who cba to put a fight up will end up costing us any chance of survival.

Think our best hope now is beat Chester to 23rd and hope somebody goes totaly bust before the season officaly ends in June (Darlington would surley be finished by then if nobody comes forward to save them ? ) and we get saved

SATURDAY 28 MARCH

Barnet           0 – 1    Darlington
Brentford        1 – 1    Gillingham
Bury             1 – 0    Bournemouth
Chester          0 – 0    Bradford
Chesterfield     2 – 1    Port Vale
Dag & Red        2 – 1    Macclesfield
Grimsby          1 – 0    Aldershot
Lincoln          1 – 1    Notts County
Morecambe        1 – 2    Luton
Rochdale         2 – 2    Exeter
Rotherham        0 – 0    Accrington
Wycombe          1 – 1    Shrewsbury

P     GD    Pts

1    Brentford        39    +23     71
2    Bury             40    +15     66
3    Rochdale         40    +17     65
4    Gillingham       40     +3     65 
5    Wycombe          38    +17     64
6    Exeter           39    +10     62
7    Shrewsbury       40    +16     60
8    Bradford         40    +10     59
9    Chesterfield     38     +9     58
10   Dag & Red        39    +17     56
11   Darlington       39    +17     53 
12   Morecambe        39     -1     52
13   Lincoln          38     +1     49
14   Aldershot        38    -17     47
15   Rotherham        37    +16     45
16   Accrington       40    -12     44
17   Notts County     40    -13     44
18   Port Vale        38    -18     41
19   Macclesfield     39    -30     39
20   Barnet           38    -21     36
21   Bournemouth      40     -1     34
22   Grimsby          40    -21     33
23   Chester          40    -35     30
24   Luton            39     -2     22 

Another great result for us yesterday - one defeat in last ten now, which was the local derby against Rotherham last week and hopefully just a bit of a blip.

Neither Bradford or Shrewsbury play on Tuesday, so hopefully we can pick up another win against Aldershot and be up amongst the playoff places by next weekend :thup:

Archived