League 2 Thread 2008/2009

merry_miller

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How long before, Chester, Barnet, Port Vale and Notts go into admin?

I include Notts at the minute, as our Chairman is refusing to give accounts to the supporters trust who own the majority stake in the club. They have no idea how much money we have, could 1 million or 1 pound.

Don't see a reason for refusing to show the accounts unless there is somehting to hide, I am quite worried tbh, if we go into addmin that will be it for us :s.

• SI Staff
How long before, Chester, Barnet, Port Vale and Notts go into admin?

I include Notts at the minute, as our Chairman is refusing to give accounts to the supporters trust who own the majority stake in the club. They have no idea how much money we have, could 1 million or 1 pound.

Don't see a reason for refusing to show the accounts unless there is somehting to hide, I am quite worried tbh, if we go into addmin that will be it for us :s.

chester and barnet will have to hold out till the summer or pretty much certain to be finished if they get releated, if clubs want their deductions this sesason they better hurry up as after the Leeds fisaco that started all this there's a limit on how late you can go into admin and loose points this season so do it near the end of the season and you'll likely loose at least 25 points next season.

Darlo going in might tempt somebody though, they wouldn't be alone on minus points next season and would fancy to stay up.

• SI Staff

massive boo to the FA / FL / Wembley stadium limits (whichever one forces the rule) that tickets have to be sold in a certain order for TV puroposes so they make the ground look busier than it is, we wanted a singing block or two at Luton but were not allowed to, going to be a right rubbish atmosphere now :(

TUESDAY 24 FEBRUARY

Accrington       0 – 0    Luton     
Dag & Red        0 – 1    Bournemouth  
Darlington       1 – 2    Rochdale 
Grimsby          2 – 3    Morecambe   

WEDNESDAY 25 FEBRUARY

Macclesfield     0 – 2    Port Vale

P     GD    Pts

1    Brentford        32    +21     59
2    Wycombe          31    +17     57
3    Bury             32    +15     56
--------------------------------------
4    Rochdale         32    +17     55
5    Shrewsbury       33    +18     52
6    Bradford         32    +14     52
7    Exeter           32     +9     51
8    Gillingham       32     +1     50
9    Dag & Red        33    +20     48
10   Morecambe        33     -3     43
11   Darlington       30    +19     41 
12   Lincoln          30     +4     41
13   Chesterfield     29     +5     40
14   Aldershot        30    -11     37
15   Notts County     32    -11     36
16   Port Vale        31    -15     34
17   Macclesfield     32    -27     33
18   Rotherham        29     +8     30
19   Accrington       32    -14     30
20   Barnet           31    -22     26
21   Chester          33    -27     26
22   Grimsby          32    -24     23
23   Bournemouth      32     -7     21
24   Luton            31     -7      6 

SATURDAY 28 FEBRUARY

Aldershot        3 – 1    Accrington
Brentford        1 – 0    Bury         
Chester          2 – 2    Dag & Red
Chesterfield     1 – 1    Barnet   
Exeter           2 – 0    Darlington
Gillingham       1 – 0    Bournemouth
Lincoln          0 – 1    Rotherham 
Macclesfield     3 – 0    Shrewsbury
Morecambe        0 – 0    Wycombe
Notts County     3 – 1    Bradford
Port Vale        1 – 3    Luton
Rochdale         2 – 0    Grimsby

P     GD    Pts

1    Brentford        33    +22     62
2    Rochdale         33    +19     58
3    Wycombe          32    +17     58
4    Bury             33    +14     56
5    Exeter           33    +11     54
6    Gillingham       33     +2     53
7    Shrewsbury       34    +15     52
8    Bradford         33    +12     52
9    Dag & Red        34    +20     49
10   Morecambe        34     -3     44
11   Darlington       31    +17     41 
12   Chesterfield     30     +5     41
13   Lincoln          31     +3     41
14   Aldershot        31     -9     40
15   Notts County     33     -9     39
16   Macclesfield     33    -24     36
17   Port Vale        32    -17     34
18   Rotherham        30     +9     33
19   Accrington       33    -16     30
20   Barnet           32    -22     27
21   Chester          34    -27     27
22   Grimsby          33    -26     23
23   Bournemouth      33     -8     21
24   Luton            32     -5      9 

• SI Staff

Oh man if we could win the 2 home games against Gillingham and Exeter we'd start to look like having half a chance of pulling this off, what with the games coming thick and fast carrying momentum between games should be achivable

Just need Grimsby and Chester to keep being laughble and then all 3 deducted teams could stay up and that would just be awsome :cool:

Just need Grimsby and Chester to keep being laughble and then all 3 deducted teams could stay up and that would just be awsome :cool:

It is vital we win tommorow as Grimsby have got Brenford and Chester have Wycombe. It does seem getting to Wembley has given the team more confidence but there is still the thing of us not winning 2 on the trot for nearly 3 years.

It is vital we win tommorow as Grimsby have got Brenford and Chester have Wycombe. It does seem getting to Wembley has given the team more confidence but there is still the thing of us not winning 2 on the trot for nearly 3 years.

Jesus christ! I thought our form was a bit sketchy

• SI Staff

That stat that everyone roles out is incorrect, we won back to back league games against Port Vale and Yeovil 13 months ago.

Far more shitty stat is that we haven't won 3 league matches in a row since April 2004. Almost 5 years ffs :D

So annoying we again drew at home last night. All these draws are why we are going down. Grimsby & Chester look like they'll never win again but we just can't catch them. Think if Harford had kept it with the 3 he had up front on Sat then we would have been better. Parkin is just no good and all the players do is hit it up to him. The other thing was for the last 25 minutes Chris Martin was on the right of midfield which is not where he should be.

lockwood on loan for another month too, it's looking good for us. ideally we'll overhaul a few teams before the season ends, so we can pretend that we've had a mid-table season

still far from safe though - i've got the feeling that either grimsby or chester will have a burst of form between now and the end of the season (probably the former, although i'd like to see any team managed by mike newell go down)

Today was so frustrating. Why Harford sent Price back in favour of Brill playing and also how Parkin gets a game is beyond me. The players just hit it up to Parkin but he never gets to the ball, last Saturday with Gallen up front it was kept on the ground. Harford is now blaming lack of midfielders, well Spillane was on the bench, he should of played. We had 5 strikers playing at one point today!

• SI Staff
Today was so frustrating. Why Harford sent Price back in favour of Brill playing and also how Parkin gets a game is beyond me. The players just hit it up to Parkin but he never gets to the ball, last Saturday with Gallen up front it was kept on the ground. Harford is now blaming lack of midfielders, well Spillane was on the bench, he should of played. We had 5 strikers playing at one point today!

To be fair I don't blame Harford for keeping faith in Brill, he came in and did a job and until today had gone unbeaten with him in goal, why pay the wages of a championship loan keeper if he isn't needed. I'd guess Button is on far less than Price so makes sense if Harford had faith in Brill to do this.

To quote somebody from the three counties phone in after the game Harford is "Tacticaly ********" , he'se got a great eye for a player in my opinion but doesn't utalise them well. For me it's a no brainer that if Spillane's fit he plays in the team, he has been our best player this season. Hopefully maybe both him and Pilkington fit midweek and they can play together at centre backs. Parkin needs dropping in my opinion as doesn't suit our style. Let Craddock and Martin work together up front and they'll get goals, don't make them get stuck out wide just so the fat lump can play in the middle.

I'd line up like this Tuesday: (yas I get to go see us play Tuesday :cool: )

Brill

Asafu-Adjaye

Pilkington

Spillane

Davis

Henderson

Hall

Keane

Howells

Martin

Craddock

Bower

Gallen

Parkin

Charles

Button

would beat most teams in this divison in my opinion, todays tactical decisions open up the whole Harford debate again as to if he should be in charge next season, in my opinion should let him stay for JPT final and then he should go, win or lose the final. I can't stand the thought of him staying next season and it not going well, fans will be on his back from day one if we aren't winning. Lets face it if we lost the JPT semi final he wouldn't be in a job now imo

Let Craddock and Martin work together up front and they'll get goals, don't make them get stuck out wide just so the fat lump can play in the middle.

That is the annoying thing, a pairing of Craddock and Martin would be one of the best outside the Championship. It was just beyond a joke with Martin today, he was on the left wing and he is right footed.

I just can't see Harford dropping Parkin as he went on about how he desperatly wanted a target man.

If we lose at Wembley maybe Mick will just resign. I'd imagine he can always get a job at Newcastle as long as Kinnear manages to resume work there.

Aaaaannnnnd, thank goodness for Chester's continued uselessness making people not notice how horrendous we are, I seriously fear for us after this, I mean losing to Bradford, Bournemouth, Morecambe, Rochdale, Brentford......... is not shameful but the manner of said defeats is.

• SI Staff
That is the annoying thing, a pairing of Craddock and Martin would be one of the best outside the Championship. It was just beyond a joke with Martin today, he was on the left wing and he is right footed.

I just can't see Harford dropping Parkin as he went on about how he desperatly wanted a target man.

If we lose at Wembley maybe Mick will just resign. I'd imagine he can always get a job at Newcastle as long as Kinnear manages to resume work there.

I wouldn't be suprised if Parkin isn't here by loan deadline day, with us almost down we can't justify paying his wages and I'm pretty sure we could find some mugs in a promotion / relegation fight in league 1 or 2 who would take him for rest of the season and pay his wages.

I think Mick will do the right thing, if he knows there's something better out there for the club he would offer to leave. My only worry of the set up we have these days is how built around the whole love of the club, I don't care if the manager loves the club , thats the owners job and they do. I'd quite happily have a manager whose only here for his paycheck and wins football matches.

The one thing I expected the start of the season was we wouldn't go down without a fight. We'd push for every points until we couldn't stay up and even then we'd fight on to get as close to other teams as we could. I'd be rather dissapointed if we give up the fight and go down by 15 to 20 points as it gets to the stage we were relegated because we wern't good enough

Aaaaannnnnd, thank goodness for Chester's continued uselessness making people not notice how horrendous we are, I seriously fear for us after this, I mean losing to Bradford, Bournemouth, Morecambe, Rochdale, Brentford......... is not shameful but the manner of said defeats is.

Oddly enough, you weren't the worst team to come to Valley Parade this season. Chester and Macclesfield were noticeably worse, but spent the entire game with everyone defending so we only got four points from the games. We just played better yesterday, and the early goals meant that you couldn't just stick everyone on your own goal line as Macclesfield basically did on Tuesday. You showed at least a bit of ambition and footballing ability, rather than booting it as far away as possible from the goal every time.

TUESDAY 3 MARCH

Accrington       P – P    Port Vale 
Barnet           2 – 1    Rochdale     
Bournemouth      2 – 0    Aldershot
Bradford         1 – 0    Macclesfield
Bury             1 – 2    Chesterfield
Dag & Red        0 – 3    Lincoln    
Darlington       1 – 0    Notts County
Grimsby          0 – 1    Brentford 
Luton            0 – 0    Gillingham
Rotherham        P – P    Morecambe
Shrewsbury       1 – 1    Exeter
Wycombe          2 – 0    Chester 

SATURDAY 7 MARCH

Accrington       0 – 2    Gillingham
Barnet           3 – 1    Chester
Bournemouth      0 – 0    Port Vale
Bradford         5 – 0    Aldershot
Bury             2 – 1    Rochdale
Dag & Red        0 – 2    Morecambe
Darlington       1 – 2    Macclesfield
Grimsby          5 – 1    Lincoln
Luton            1 – 2    Exeter
Rotherham        0 – 0    Brentford
Shrewsbury       3 – 2    Notts County
Wycombe          1 – 1    Chesterfield

P     GD    Pts

1    Brentford        35    +23     66
2    Wycombe          34    +19     62
3    Bury             35    +14     59
4    Bradford         35    +18     58
5    Rochdale         35    +17     58
6    Exeter           35    +12     58
7    Gillingham       35     +4     57
8    Shrewsbury       36    +16     56
9    Dag & Red        36    +15     49
10   Morecambe        35     -1     47
11   Chesterfield     32     +6     45
12   Darlington       33    +17     44 
13   Lincoln          33     +2     44
14   Aldershot        33    -16     40
15   Notts County     35    -11     39
16   Macclesfield     35    -24     39
17   Port Vale        33    -17     35
18   Rotherham        31     +9     34
19   Barnet           34    -19     33
20   Accrington       34    -18     30
21   Chester          36    -31     27
22   Grimsby          35    -23     26
23   Bournemouth      35     -6     25
24   Luton            34     -6     10 

I wouldn't be suprised if Parkin isn't here by loan deadline day, with us almost down we can't justify paying his wages and I'm pretty sure we could find some mugs in a promotion / relegation fight in league 1 or 2 who would take him for rest of the season and pay his wages.

I think Mick will do the right thing, if he knows there's something better out there for the club he would offer to leave. My only worry of the set up we have these days is how built around the whole love of the club, I don't care if the manager loves the club , thats the owners job and they do. I'd quite happily have a manager whose only here for his paycheck and wins football matches.

The one thing I expected the start of the season was we wouldn't go down without a fight. We'd push for every points until we couldn't stay up and even then we'd fight on to get as close to other teams as we could. I'd be rather dissapointed if we give up the fight and go down by 15 to 20 points as it gets to the stage we were relegated because we wern't good enough

Martin sums it up perfectly :(

Oddly enough, you weren't the worst team to come to Valley Parade this season. Chester and Macclesfield were noticeably worse, but spent the entire game with everyone defending so we only got four points from the games. We just played better yesterday, and the early goals meant that you couldn't just stick everyone on your own goal line as Macclesfield basically did on Tuesday. You showed at least a bit of ambition and footballing ability, rather than booting it as far away as possible from the goal every time.

That's the thing, we NEVER put all the team behind the ball, tbh we're too weak physically and mentally when defending to do that. We only know attack, hence our amazing away form this season.

Hopefully Luton will give us a good game tomorow night. I actually want you to win, our season is over anyway :D

I reckon you'll beat us a good 2/3-0. Our players will have no confidence after the last 2 results. Mind you our away performances have been much better than home ones.

Archived