[FM24][Skin] Non-numeric attributes [★] *updated December 18th*

sebastian_starttrbts

Hi @sebastian_starttrbts - just a suggestion I'm going to make to all the skin creators who make non-numerical attribute skins.

Is it possible to add a "scouting knowledge" indicator or descriptor to the front page of the player profile? It would make it much easier to very quickly cross-check and be able to tell if the graphical attributes are accurate or to if they are only reflecting the top of the unknown range.

7 hours ago, -Jef- said:

Anyone else have an issue with match overview panel not working?

Hello @-Jef-

To be honest, I haven't seen more than 10 in-game minutes of a FM24 game yet, so there might be an issue with this panel indeed. :D Thank you for letting me know. I will have a look these days.

7 hours ago, Shrewnaldo said:

Hi @sebastian_starttrbts - just a suggestion I'm going to make to all the skin creators who make non-numerical attribute skins.

Is it possible to add a "scouting knowledge" indicator or descriptor to the front page of the player profile? It would make it much easier to very quickly cross-check and be able to tell if the graphical attributes are accurate or to if they are only reflecting the top of the unknown range.

Hey @Shrewnaldo

A scouting knowledge indicator sounds like a reasonable addition to me. I will try to figure something out. Thanks a lot for your input :)

21 hours ago, milenec11 said:

A very good skin ….just missing in pizza chart the GKs stats 

Hello @milenec11

I agree that it would be nice to have a similar graphical illustration for the goalkeepers in the skin as well. We'll see :)

12 hours ago, sebastian_starttrbts said:

Hello @-Jef-

To be honest, I haven't seen more than 10 in-game minutes of a FM24 game yet, so there might be an issue with this panel indeed. :D Thank you for letting me know. I will have a look these days.

There are more panels in that space that don't work :D

Overview, Match Overview, Home formation, Away formation, Home stats, Away stats, Home body language, Away body language, assman feedback, Dugout

11 hours ago, -Jef- said:

There are more panels in that space that don't work :D

Overview, Match Overview, Home formation, Away formation, Home stats, Away stats, Home body language, Away body language, assman feedback, Dugout

Oh no :/

I will try to fix it at the weekend. In order to reset to the default panels for now, you could remove or rename the match in between highlights panel.xml in panels/match-folder and reload the skin. 

2 hours ago, sebastian_starttrbts said:

Oh no :/

I will try to fix it at the weekend. In order to reset to the default panels for now, you could remove or rename the match in between highlights panel.xml in panels/match-folder and reload the skin. 

Cheers!

I am maniacal enough to watch games in full match detail. 150+ hrs of gameplay and am just now at December 2024 :D So it doesn't bother me enough to delete the panels, much more prefer other panels to be available for now if that's the broken one

Edited by -Jef-

Hi @sebastian_starttrbts great to see this back for another year and looking sharper than ever!

I have a couple questions if you can advise please? Given the limitation of my screen size I've been playing around with some of the sizing to suit my needs.

- What panel can I find the 'footedness' in? You'll see below the right foot icon is cut off so I just want to play around see if I can get it showing better. Additionally, do you know where I can find the left and right foot icons in case I just want to remove them from showing all together?

- Is there an easy way to re-size the icons in the headings? They're all slightly cut off on the bottom. Just a very minor aesthetic

Cheers!

20231207110526_1.thumb.jpg.4f7971c96ca33b3a8a46521217a1888d.jpg

7 hours ago, Mikal said:

Hi @sebastian_starttrbts great to see this back for another year and looking sharper than ever!

I have a couple questions if you can advise please? Given the limitation of my screen size I've been playing around with some of the sizing to suit my needs.

- What panel can I find the 'footedness' in? You'll see below the right foot icon is cut off so I just want to play around see if I can get it showing better. Additionally, do you know where I can find the left and right foot icons in case I just want to remove them from showing all together?

- Is there an easy way to re-size the icons in the headings? They're all slightly cut off on the bottom. Just a very minor aesthetic

Cheers!

Hello @Mikal,

Panels/Player/Player/player positions indicator small, player positions indicator small no highlight and player positions indicator small opponent are the files you'll need to look at in order to adjust the footedness section. There you'll find something like:

<container class="main_subtle_box">
						<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" apply_to_children="true"
							alignment="vertical" inset="0" />
						<layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" layout="-1,-2" gap="4"
							offset="0" />

<widget class="value_based_picture" id="vbp1" width="35" height="35"
							scale_picture="true" transparency="0.75">
							<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="left" inset="0" />
							<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top" inset="0" />
							<list id="value_list">
								<record min_value="1" max_value="20" file="icons/custom/footed/left"
									red_replacement="text" />

</list>
							<record id="object_property">
								<integer id="get_property" value="Plft" />
							</record>
						</widget>

<!-- Left Foot-->
						<container default_width="125">
							<layout class="vertical_arrange" vertical_layout="-1,-1" offset="0"
								inset="0" gap="0" draw_horizontal_dividers="false" />

<widget class="label" size="9" multiline="true" alignment="centre_x,top"
								colour="title">
								<translation id="text" type="use" translation_id="230000"
									value="Left Foot" />
							</widget>

<widget class="footedness_label" id="PlfG" size="10"
								alignment="centre_x,top">
								<record id="object_property" get_property="PlfG" />
							</widget>
						</container>

</container>

where the value_based_picture is the footedness icon.

The heading icons are located in icons/custom/icon box/. It may be worth a try to just resize them.

14 hours ago, sebastian_starttrbts said:

Hello @Mikal,

Panels/Player/Player/player positions indicator small, player positions indicator small no highlight and player positions indicator small opponent are the files you'll need to look at in order to adjust the footedness section. There you'll find something like:

<container class="main_subtle_box">
						<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" apply_to_children="true"
							alignment="vertical" inset="0" />
						<layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" layout="-1,-2" gap="4"
							offset="0" />

<widget class="value_based_picture" id="vbp1" width="35" height="35"
							scale_picture="true" transparency="0.75">
							<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="left" inset="0" />
							<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top" inset="0" />
							<list id="value_list">
								<record min_value="1" max_value="20" file="icons/custom/footed/left"
									red_replacement="text" />

</list>
							<record id="object_property">
								<integer id="get_property" value="Plft" />
							</record>
						</widget>

<!-- Left Foot-->
						<container default_width="125">
							<layout class="vertical_arrange" vertical_layout="-1,-1" offset="0"
								inset="0" gap="0" draw_horizontal_dividers="false" />

<widget class="label" size="9" multiline="true" alignment="centre_x,top"
								colour="title">
								<translation id="text" type="use" translation_id="230000"
									value="Left Foot" />
							</widget>

<widget class="footedness_label" id="PlfG" size="10"
								alignment="centre_x,top">
								<record id="object_property" get_property="PlfG" />
							</widget>
						</container>

</container>

where the value_based_picture is the footedness icon.

The heading icons are located in icons/custom/icon box/. It may be worth a try to just resize them.

Thanks man, all good now!

20231208094623_1.thumb.jpg.42793629f5c12bf68360253c8c0d54c3.jpg

42 minutes ago, Shrewnaldo said:

Hi Sebastien - I can't click on the players' icons on the tactics screen to bring up their Player Instructions. Instead it just takes me to the player profile.

Is this a bug, something missing or a deliberate choice you've made for the skin?

Hello @Shrewnaldo

that was not meant to happen, but I forgot to remove the mouse_event from the player picture. You can download the two files below and replace them in the panels/tactics-folder and it should work like it is meant to do.

tactics icon info panel overview.xml tactics icon info panel overview match.xml

45 minutes ago, sebastian_starttrbts said:

Hello @Shrewnaldo

that was not meant to happen, but I forgot to remove the mouse_event from the player picture. You can download the two files below and replace them in the panels/tactics-folder and it should work like it is meant to do.

tactics icon info panel overview.xml 9.35 kB · 0 downloads tactics icon info panel overview match.xml 9.35 kB · 0 downloads

Nice one, cheers Sebastian. And thanks for the swift response.

9 hours ago, Matej said:

Whats the best skin - mod that removes stars? i dont wanna see ability - potential stars. Anywhere. It would be great help, thanks in advance. 

I don't know whether there's a mod removing information about current and potential ability for FM24. I assume you'll need to remove them in every panel manually.

• sebastian_starttrbts changed the title to [FM24][Skin] Non-numeric attributes [★] *updated December 10th*

Cheers for the update!

Is there a way to make career stats stretch all the way so it's not congested?

I also just realise that Fitness panel right to the career stats is not working for me

another question I have is, is there a way to make the lowest group of attributes fully transparent?

z3TL0nj.png

edit - also, found this issue

https://i.imgur.com/FkaTUEi.mp4

Edited by -Jef-

25 minutes ago, -Jef- said:

Cheers for the update!

Is there a way to make career stats stretch all the way so it's not congested?

In the player overview panel.xml (row 2) you will find the panels vertical arranged from top to bottom with the last row extending the available space:

<attachment_group class="vertical_arrange" vertical_alignment="top,extend" vertical_gap="4" />

Screenshot2023-12-10at11_33_08.thumb.png.a0d59a10ec9035d81bdb7ae472e2e8e8.png

In order to create the layout you are looking for, you might need to resize the purple container to extend the space and include the yellow one on the left and right within (Example for the left and right part):

<container>
	<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" layout="38,-1" gap="4" offset="0" />
	<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" apply_to_children="true" alignment="horizontal" inset="0" />

<!-- Top Row: Playing Time Pathway -->
  <container>
  </container>

<!-- Bottom Row: Career Milestones -->
   <container>
  </container>

</container>

Screenshot2023-12-10at11_36_45.thumb.png.5e4ad9d2d49cab56637146fc1d28a0c8.png

38 minutes ago, -Jef- said:

I also just realise that Fitness panel right to the career stats is not working for me

another question I have is, is there a way to make the lowest group of attributes fully transparent?

edit - also, found this issue

https://i.imgur.com/FkaTUEi.mp4

I added the file missing to make the fitness panel visible. 

In order to make the lowest group kind of transparent you could try the background_colour "bg" in the settings file?

Concerning the issue, I am not able to reproduce it. With my resolutions (2560 x 1440 and 1920x1080), there is no such problem. What screen resolution are you using?

On 10/12/2023 at 13:05, -Jef- said:

Not sure if I did something wrong (deleted old skin, downloaded new one)

But I can't see match overview in this panel

Sorry if I am spamming needlessly

The selector panel looks like it should look. I wanted to keep it close to the default skin. What is the information you are missing?

I am going with the match stats on top and the match momentum on the bottom. There you'll see potential goalscorers as well.

32 minutes ago, sebastian_starttrbts said:

The selector panel looks like it should look. I wanted to keep it close to the default skin. What is the information you are missing?

I am going with the match stats on top and the match momentum on the bottom. There you'll see potential goalscorers as well.

There isn't a view with a list of scorers, cards, waved off goals etc like there is in default skin

Like so

h9zOfUT.png

En 13/12/2023 a las 17:19, -Jef- dijo:

There isn't a view with a list of scorers, cards, waved off goals etc like there is in default skin

Like so

h9zOfUT.png

I have the same issue, Notable Events is missing on my side view. Any news on this?

I would also like to ask how does attribute masking looks like with unscouted players. I see many random footballers in really low leagues with lots of green stars which I know it might be because of the masking. For example, 13-16 marked as a green star because of the max. probabilty attribute, 16.

• sebastian_starttrbts changed the title to [FM24][Skin] Non-numeric attributes [★] *updated December 18th*
On 13/12/2023 at 21:19, -Jef- said:

It should be fixed. Just re-download the skin and notable events are on the left side of the touchline tablet.

2 hours ago, PaulRows said:

I have the same issue, Notable Events is missing on my side view. Any news on this?

I would also like to ask how does attribute masking looks like with unscouted players. I see many random footballers in really low leagues with lots of green stars which I know it might be because of the masking. For example, 13-16 marked as a green star because of the max. probabilty attribute, 16.

I'll updated the skin to display the information on notable events again.

Concerning unscouted players, unlike the numeric skins the star colour in the non-numeric-attributes version reflects the upper end of the range. But I'll need to have a look and think about it again.

Edited by sebastian_starttrbts

I've now a different issue, sorry :D

I wanted to start a new save and wanted to change attribute threshold on a per season basis as I go from 6th tier to bundesliga

But it doesnt apply

I put 1-2-3 as threshold and my gk for Dinamo save still has default thresholds

UIn9j2N.png

3 minutes ago, -Jef- said:

I've now a different issue, sorry :D

I wanted to start a new save and wanted to change attribute threshold on a per season basis as I go from 6th tier to bundesliga

But it doesnt apply

I put 1-2-3 as threshold and my gk for Dinamo save still has default thresholds

You'll need to adjust the thresholds in StarAttributes24/classes/attributes_star.xml

<class class="attribute_star" parent="position_role_duty_star_range_based_picture">
    <list id="value_list">
        <record min_value="1" max_value="5" file="starttrbts/attributes/star_low" />
		<record min_value="6" max_value="10" file="starttrbts/attributes/star_average" />
		<record min_value="11" max_value="15" file="starttrbts/attributes/star_good" />
		<record min_value="16" max_value="20" file="starttrbts/attributes/star_excellent" />
    </list>
</class>

Ah, sorry, I was going off of what was in the opening post

• adjust the thresholds in the custom skin colour-section and define the areas covering an excellent, good, average or low attribute on your personal preferences without any problem in-game

33 minutes ago, -Jef- said:

Ah, sorry, I was going off of what was in the opening post

I guess it was my mistake. In last years version it was possible to adjust the thresholds in the custom skin colour-section. This year, I changed the approach of replacing numeric attribute values a bit and I thought the process of changing the thresholds did not change. 

In addition, as it was mentioned above, the displayed colour of the stars for un-scouted players changed as well to the upper end of the range and I'll need to think about whether I like it or not.

Nah, it wasn't your mistake, no worries.

Loving the skin, especially the quick glance at the Pizza chart which helps a lot

I also prefer unscouted players having top of the range colors. It means you either have to believe in your scout who is hyping up unknown talents or spend more resources to get appropriate evaluation

Edited by -Jef-

hace 4 horas, sebastian_starttrbts dijo:

It should be fixed. Just re-download the skin and notable events are on the left side of the touchline tablet.

I'll updated the skin to display the information on notable events again.

Concerning unscouted players, unlike the numeric skins the star colour in the non-numeric-attributes version reflects the upper end of the range. But I'll need to have a look and think about it again.

By the way, I would also like to ask why I'm not seeing as much detail as you are?

is there a setting I must change?

It looks like there is much more useful info on the right and the bottom side of the screen. Pictures attached to show difference:

image.thumb.png.204de4453ef4301334fae2895361c001.png

Screenshot2023-12-10at00_59_06.thumb.png.25fabfbca461d6209ad68d271458c060.png.b54d15d7f5617bca3aa9f3d9f19730c8.png

1 hour ago, PaulRows said:

By the way, I would also like to ask why I'm not seeing as much detail as you are?

It looks like there is much more useful info on the right and the bottom side of the screen. Pictures attached to show difference:

image.thumb.png.204de4453ef4301334fae2895361c001.png

Screenshot2023-12-10at00_59_06.thumb.png.25fabfbca461d6209ad68d271458c060.png.b54d15d7f5617bca3aa9f3d9f19730c8.png

your screen is a lower resolution than his. You can try make the zoom lower in preferences, but without a higher resolution monitor you're kinda stuck

6 hours ago, -Jef- said:

Loving the skin, especially the quick glance at the Pizza chart which helps a lot

I am happy to pass this compliment on to @GIMN, the creator of the pizza charts, who has allowed me to incorporate them into my skin. :)

6 hours ago, PaulRows said:

The rearranged the panels using a skin resolution of 2560 x 1440 (Full Screen Window Mode, Standard Size 100%). It will work in 1920 x 1080 as well while automatically removing the outer panels, but I tried to show almost all information from these outer panels in the tab-section as well. The green section is 2560 x 1440 and the red section is 1920 x 1080:

Screenshot2023-12-19at07_25_13.png.38c3b57eefbb56d0ea4182588f318ac9.png

• 3 weeks later...

No idea how I've not clocked this before

But staff attributes on preview and on profile are showing incorrectly

Red is 16

For my Dafuge save in VNS

AREwU4j.png

EWsh9In.png

Edited by -Jef-

2 hours ago, -Jef- said:

No idea how I've not clocked this before

But staff attributes on preview and on profile are showing incorrectly

Red is 16

For my Dafuge save in VNS

First of all, your screenshot show two different staff members. Therefore I am not that sure what you are looking for.

In addition, I am not able to reproduce your issue. In my save the popup panel and the profile show the same star colour:

Screenshot2024-01-06at15_02_21.thumb.png.eada1b039d29fa939e8957a19a58d2db.png

Screenshot2024-01-06at15_03_44.thumb.png.a00ae85606177b35ff4351f044f84fc8.png

4QKPF1n.png

image.thumb.png.be5e38125e4254f487ad404dd19ab78f.png

Same person on both screenshots.

After doing some digging looks like staff attributes star colors are changed by the Skin color thresholds within FM's own preference settings, and not within xml in your skin files

Since few weeks ago I couldn't change player star colors through preferences I tried to change them to 1-2-3 threshold so I can know for certain that it doesn't work and just left them like that

After changing both values in xml and within preferences Staff it fixed to proper colors

On 06/01/2024 at 17:37, -Jef- said:

After changing both values in xml and within preferences Staff it fixed to proper colors

The numeric attributes in the staff popup panel needed a different approach to be replaced, therefore we'll have to adjust the values in the custom skin-colour section. I added this step into the instruction. Thank you :)

7 hours ago, Jessethompson1986 said:

Hey - just tried downloading this skin but the link seems broken?

I tried and it worked for me. Have you tried the Google Drive-Link or the .zip-file?

• 2 weeks later...

Sebastian, hi,

Happy new year!

I'm having a bug where sometimes, screen freezes when trying to make an offer for a player. Literally just pressing "Make an offer" will freeze the screen.

I figured out it was the skin producing the bug as I tried loading the default skin and it does not freeze on those players.

It's kind of annoying as I can't tell what thing in the skin is that makes it freeze and I have to restart the game, potentially losing progress.

First, thanks for making this!

I'm trying to do a save where I have no indication of what a player's attributes or current/potential ability is. I used the config to change the stars to be green for every attribute on every player.

I am wondering if there are any edits I can make to the overall "ability" and "potential" stars that pop-up on the "Squad" screen & "Tactic" screen. I would like the game to either rate every player 1 star out of 5 or 5 stars out of 5. Or the star system can be removed in its entirety. 

I would also need to get around "scouts Rec grade" when the scouting reports come back. Which, if every player was rated 1 or 5 stars, would be an E or A+ recommendation, giving me what I was looking for. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, psucolonel said:

This looks like a great skin, but none of the players have a "profile" screen.  

have you tried clicking overview - profil ?

maybe it's default at attribute page in the landing page in prefereneces