Saudi Silly Season

tomzo_2

Anybody else having ludricous bids from Saudi. Salah had bid for £32 million, which I tried to negotiate upwards only hit £48million so refused.

But

I have just sold Virgil Van Dijk for £238 Mill - £167 back in the pot and now need to find a ready made replacement:

3 I had considered so far are:

Ignacio is an option - but only rated as C+ 

Marc Guehi is rated A- but not sure he is fully ready

Todibo rated at B+

Any thoughts on replacements or for the ongoing Saudi transfer fees!!

Yeah, no bids for salad yet but they also bid for Virgil on mine! I could only get them to 70m so I knocked it back! They then bought Matip for 30m!!

i’m now torn between Scalvini and Andre Silva. Both will cost me about 75m on my save. I’m leaning towards scalvini at present but still not 100% sure!!

That’s the bonus of losing Matip - you can choose to buy a future CB. With VVD I need to fill the hole now!

I’ve got no interest in Matip but would like to sell as only one year left on his contract 

Yeah I was quite happy to let matip go! Have you looked at the Mexican CD who plays for Barca? Ronald araujo. He looks pretty good!

they are still sniffing around VVD so I’m bracing myself for another bid!

18 minutes ago, gmulv said:

Yeah I was quite happy to let matip go! Have you looked at the Mexican CD who plays for Barca? Ronald araujo. He looks pretty good!

they are still sniffing around VVD so I’m bracing myself for another bid!

Ronald Araujo is Uruguayan

Understandable confusion as Barca also have Mexican FB Julian Araujo (on loan to Las Palmas)

I sold Varane in January for an initial €75m rising to €97m with installments it was too good to turn down especially after talking to him and he was insisting on leaving. Newcastle also bought Lindelof for €30m so i brought in Inacio for his €45m release clause & Badashille on loan from Chelsea as cover

Does it not feel a bit like cheating atm with all this Saudi offers? And all this players who go there are lost for the game because no way can anyone pay that wages. IDK, needs to be toned down a bit. Like maybe only offer big money for former world class level players and not some full backs from Championship, no?

Like, managing ManUtd, I got transfer budget of 68mil, and was thinking there is a tough job rebuilding with that..but then I just cashed in on Varane and Casemiro for a combined 154mil.. feels to easy.

Edited by luka_zg

47 minutes ago, luka_zg said:

Does it not feel a bit like cheating atm with all this Saudi offers? And all this players who go there are lost for the game because no way can anyone pay that wages. IDK, needs to be toned down a bit. Like maybe only offer big money for former world class level players and not some full backs from Championship, no?

Like, managing ManUtd, I got transfer budget of 68mil, and was thinking there is a tough job rebuilding with that..but then I just cashed in on Varane and Casemiro for a combined 154mil.. feels to easy.

Make the most of it while we can.

It will probably get sorted when the full game gers released.

Sold John Stones last night and the end of Season One (aged 30) - offered £42m up front with a further £40m in installments, and £10m after 50 league appearances.

Negotiated to £80m up front, with the same extras, and they agreed immediately. He signed for them on £950k a week!

2 hours ago, Ncfc_king said:

Anyone tried to sign someone from Saudi and is it impossible due to their high wages? 

On FM23 I tried to sign someone on a free transfer (Alex Scott) had transferred there 3 seasons previous. He had wages of 325k p.w. He wanted 650k p.w for me which would have destroyed my club. Swiftly exited the deal. Let him leave there on a freebie and signed him at £225k p.w which is still extortionate, but he is an excellent addition.

On 23/10/2023 at 00:43, DominicForza said:

Ronald Araujo is Uruguayan

Understandable confusion as Barca also have Mexican FB Julian Araujo (on loan to Las Palmas)

sorry my bad, yes I got mixed up with the other one!!

7 hours ago, luka_zg said:

I believe that, in real life, one of the Saudi clubs spent around £25m on the Celtic winger Jota and haven't even been able to register him because they signed bigger name players, so them spending like it's Monopoly money (and not just on world class players) seems pretty accurate.

7 hours ago, luka_zg said:

Its only similar to what FM has had in the past, especially when the Chinese Super League started paying silly money for players.

1 hour ago, gmulv said:

sorry my bad, yes I got mixed up with the other one!!

Totally understandable.  If anything I outta be embrassed that i know so much little details about THOUSANDS of players.  I am wasting my life away obsessively playing FM!  Help, I need to find FM Anonymous to recovery from my FM addiction!

1 hour ago, DominicForza said:

Totally understandable.  If anything I outta be embrassed that i know so much little details about THOUSANDS of players.  I am wasting my life away obsessively playing FM!  Help, I need to find FM Anonymous to recovery from my FM addiction!

You picked the wrong forum mate.  Some addicts have made peace with their addiction (even if it does include going on Google Maps and seeing if Canada has a good view of HFX Wanderers FC's stadium - it does not!;)

1 hour ago, Fraser said:

You picked the wrong forum mate.  Some addicts have made peace with their addiction (even if it does include going on Google Maps and seeing if Canada has a good view of HFX Wanderers FC's stadium - it does not!;)

That's NEXT level.  Respect!  

Although I've certainly done my version of that so...takes one to now one, huh?