[FM23] - Hodr Skin (Attributeless & Starless)

wkdsoul

3 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Sensational work! It's one of those skins where, even though I don't use it for my gameplay, I'll be clicking through and through to try and find inspiration for my own meddling.

Fair, i dont use it,  Ive no idea how they play this way.. :) 

Great skin ... Just a few issues

1 )  Hovering over headings are a bit annoying as when hovering the highlight stays on and you have to click off it to unhighlight it . I put my hover setting to high but doesnt make any difference .

2 )  The league table fonts for the numbers are a bit vague or hard to see . They dont stand out or are too small . Points and Ave Points are ok but the others are not 

12 ore fa, wkdsoul ha scritto:

First of all, fantastic work on this skin :applause:

I still have to try out this new attribute-less trend, but I would imagine it could be similar to how real life works, so to speak.

IMO, it's better to initially test it out with the team you support and watch on a weekly basis, so you don't need attributes and whatnot to know how good/bad they are (well, in RL at least; I know players often perform differently in FM), and maybe replicate the tactic they usually play with, at least on a basic level.

But then, if you REALLY want a realistic approach with everything else, it's just a matter of watching your next opponent highlights of their previous matches, just like analysts and 1st team managers do in RL. Same thing with potential purchases: you watch them play in their current team to assess them, just like a scout would do (and also check their traits, yes).  Now, that leaves out training and the related attribute increases, so I'm not sure how that would work for the training min-maxers out there (but I guess you can still visualize trait development)  :D

Yep, VERY time consuming (so might not be everyone's cup of tea, especially if you like to use the "instant result button" and also breeze through seasons), but kinda rewarding; it might have potential, at least with a portion of the player base.

Am 6.12.2022 um 21:06 schrieb wkdsoul:

I really love your approach and I was looking and hoping for a release for the last years, so... is there any possibility there will be a variant release with attributes enabled? I did put in an attribute panel but with all the comparisons etc. missing, I'm a bit lost where to find all of it...^^

But anyways, absolutely beautiful work, had to say it again :-D

11 hours ago, dwood79 said:

I really love your approach and I was looking and hoping for a release for the last years, so... is there any possibility there will be a variant release with attributes enabled? I did put in an attribute panel but with all the comparisons etc. missing, I'm a bit lost where to find all of it...^^

But anyways, absolutely beautiful work, had to say it again :-D

Nah, nut if  you want to mod it go ahead.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Maaka said:

Nice, good work. Quick question though, the font for the shirt number in the player profile is different from in the screen shots above, how can I change it?

image.png.613e7f5718e1eb7eeea9abb51b2a146d.png

Have you downloaded any custom fonts for it? 

12 minutes ago, Maaka said:

Not for this. Tried to add a custom font to another skin earlier, but that was before I even downloaded this skin..

if you open the kit icon.xml panel in the panels/generic folder, you can adjust  the size of the number with the 2nd line in this bit

<!-- player number  -->
    <widget class="picture" id="bNUM" image_alignment="centre" scale_picture="true">
        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="27,0,8,0" />
    </widget>

27 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

if you open the kit icon.xml panel in the panels/generic folder, you can adjust  the size of the number with the 2nd line in this bit

<!-- player number  -->
    <widget class="picture" id="bNUM" image_alignment="centre" scale_picture="true">
        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="27,0,8,0" />
    </widget>

For one who has absolutely no experience with skinning, what does each number refer to? And I suppose lower numbers equals decreasing sizes?

13 minutes ago, Maaka said:

And I suppose lower numbers equals decreasing sizes?

Or not.. Tried with "17", but the size increased significantly. Tried "37", and got an ok size. But is there anything I can do to get the other font for the numbers? Like a "quick fix"?

30 minutes ago, Maaka said:

Or not.. Tried with "17", but the size increased significantly. Tried "37", and got an ok size. But is there anything I can do to get the other font for the numbers? Like a "quick fix"?

do you have any in your graphics/pictures folders? if so delete those and leave the ones in the skin

5 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

do you have any in your graphics/pictures folders? if so delete those and leave the ones in the skin

Nope, in those folders there's only logos, kits and player pics.

I'll try to retract my steps from when I downloaded the custom fonts and try to "reverse" what I might have done.

On 05/02/2023 at 09:40, NeoChroMe_LTD said:

Thank you for answering the others and not answering my question, I found as a great

sorry didnt even see it. 

Ive updated the file, please download and reinstall

• 2 weeks later...

Staff attributes show up in the pop up screen for them, i reset the cache and restarted the game to make sure everything was proper, also shows up for players in free kick takers page and staff meetings

Screenshot 2023-02-26 173927.png

Edited by Yashaswi

• 3 months later...

This looks fantastic. The only big weakness with playing the game this way is that, for some insane reason, all the historical performance stats disappear forever at the end of each season. If there was a workaround (for example, a way of automatically exporting it all to Excel just before the season ends, then that would change the game. Otherwise, you can only scout based on maximum 1 season's worth of data for each player, and you're flying completely blind until a good chunk of each season has been played. It's a huge weakness in the game.

13 minutes ago, ceefax the cat said:

The only big weakness with playing the game this way is that, for some insane reason, all the historical performance stats disappear forever at the end of each season. If there was a workaround (for example, a way of automatically exporting it all to Excel just before the season ends, then that would change the game. Otherwise, you can only scout based on maximum 1 season's worth of data for each player, and you're flying completely blind until a good chunk of each season has been played. It's a huge weakness in the game.

This would be a good idea for a feature request, not much there can be done about from the Skinning part of things. 

21 minutes ago, ceefax the cat said:

This looks fantastic. The only big weakness with playing the game this way is that, for some insane reason, all the historical performance stats disappear forever at the end of each season. If there was a workaround (for example, a way of automatically exporting it all to Excel just before the season ends, then that would change the game. Otherwise, you can only scout based on maximum 1 season's worth of data for each player, and you're flying completely blind until a good chunk of each season has been played. It's a huge weakness in the game.

As @Snowofman its just simply not possible atm. Best thing to do for now is to Keep backup saves

@snowofman

Since you rather gratuitously deleted my thread asking for attributeless skin recommendations:

I have no hope of it being included as a feature, since there are bugs that have been in the game for over a decade. I was more hoping someone had found a workaround, and I mentioned it because it's relevant to attributeless skins and the kind of people who would have looked for / found a workaround are the kind of people who would be into attributeless skins. I think it's pretty fair to bring it up in here tbh - probably the place with the most relevance and greatest chance of feedback. That was some rather OTT, trigger-happy modding if you don't mind me saying. Are you bored?

Edited by ceefax the cat

Just now, ceefax the cat said:

if you yourself think about what you wanted, you will understand that FM will never have it. at least at the current stage of development of computer technology.
in general, playing without attributes makes the game more like real football no more, and maybe even less, than playing with open СA and PA. it is nothing more than just an option for those who are bored and want to try something new.

Edited by Olas Nick

25 minutes ago, ceefax the cat said:

Yes, maybe that. Is there a list of season end dates lying around somewhere? Could set reminders to make saves the day before.

Unfortunately not, I'd just save at the  end of may

4 hours ago, ceefax the cat said:

That is simply not true is it
I get your overall point though, such as it is

we don't have the opportunity to watch our players in training every single season to deduct their skills, we only have a match engine with pre canned animations, so attributes are a decent way to make up for that. 

End of the day it's all down to preferences

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, DJ Sir Matthew said:

Is this skin still supported? I noticed on the player's profile page on the training tab that the role/duty selection is actually the additional focus (so that ones double). I also seem to miss the scoring forwards STAG stats?

Not many skins will be updated at this stage of the cycle, so my guess would be a no to your question.

But nothing has changed since it was released, so everything should still be working as is

if you have had another skin loaded, remember to untick "use cached files" in preferences and then clear the cache and reload the skin.

1 hour ago, snowofman said:

Not many skins will be updated at this stage of the cycle, so my guess would be a no to your question.

But nothing has changed since it was released, so everything should still be working as is

if you have had another skin loaded, remember to untick "use cached files" in preferences and then clear the cache and reload the skin.

Well the missing scoring forwards STAG stats are in the screenshots above. The training in the screenshots hasn't been selected, so can't be sure. I haven't used another skin, so that shouldn't be the issue.

I agree it is/was a long shot. And massive respect to @wkdsoul for making such a good skin for attributeless players, it must have been quite a lot of work.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
14 hours ago, JWN17 said:

Dropping in here to ask someone to please ping me if this gets updated for FM24. Been searching far and wide for a skin with features such as these. Thank you

12 hours ago, FERIA said:

the best realistic skin

please update for FM24

This is a great alternative