Match 21: Tunisia vs Australia - 10am GMT BBC1 live from the Al Janoub Stadium

Coulthard's Jaw

Tunisia has indeed been poor so far. I was impressed by them against Denmark, so had them as favourites today.

But maybe it just suits them better to play defensively against a better team, than having to need to creat the game themself.

Just now, PaulHartman71 said:

Tunisia have actually looked a half decent side in the last 10-15 minutes. Can’t expect to get a point in a World Cup game turning up for 15 minutes though. 

They looked good for some periods against Denmark, I really expected more in this match.

Great result for Australia, they're pretty much guaranteed to qualify if they don't lose against Denmark.

But considering their previous matches in Nations League, I don't think French win today is guaranteed.

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

They looked good for some periods against Denmark, I really expected more in this match.

Great result for Australia, they're pretty much guaranteed to qualify if they don't lose against Denmark.

But considering their previous matches in Nations League, I don't think French win today is guaranteed.

French win is much more likely than an Australian draw against the Danes. 

2 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

I didn’t catch the Denmark game so not sure about that, but I did expect more from Tunisia. Just never really got going and were unlucky not to be out of sight by the time they actually did get going. 

Really disappointing from Tunisia that. Gave themselves a right chance after the Denmark draw and with their easiest opponent still to come. But just didn’t offer enough.

Best hope for them now is a big France win against Denmark later, and then France swap out a load of players on MD3 because they are already through. They have got form for that though.

Edited by Rob1981

I am very happy because the team played differently to how they normally play under Arnold. Arnold, I think rightly, has been criticized, even after the France game, for senting out the team to be cautious, not attacking. The team has not been pressing, geting in the opponents faces, seemingly giving it all. They did it right from the start of this game and stopped Tunisa playing in the first half, scored a goal and were clearly the better team. To see the team play like that, too see Arnold sent them out to play like that makes me very happy.

Denmark obviously have the better players and really should beat us, but never know, maybe we can do enough to get the result we need to get out of the group. Being in with a chance after two games is a lot more than I expected.