[FM23] Random and Small Skinning Questions

TCSSkin

54 minutes ago, godzilu said:

Quick stupid question. How do I alter the grey background of selected players on the Squad screen? I thought it's somewhere into graphics\tables\custom\squad folders but I am not so sure anymore.

I want to make it a greenish/dark red/dark blue color, probably greenish.

Screenshot_3.png

It’s in the skin’s settings file I believe. Can’t remember off the top of my head which one, but one of the colour choices in this file controls the colour for player highlight for the squad screen. From memory.

Sorry, not super helpful, but gives you something to look at.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Tyburn said:

It’s in the skin’s settings file I believe. Can’t remember off the top of my head which one, but one of the colour choices in this file controls the colour for player highlight for the squad screen. From memory.

Sorry, not super helpful, but gives you something to look at.

You were right, I am an idiot, cause I've already did it before so I have the notes for the location :D Incredibly dumb.

1 minute ago, 追风去 said:

I tried but the ucl graphic brought with the game were not suit enough.

you might need to edit it in a graphics program to suit your needs.

size would be done in the titlebar.xml i think the default is height="44" width="44" maybe you need to fiddle with those aswell

1 分钟前, snowofman说:

you might need to edit it in a graphics program to suit your needs.

size would be done in the titlebar.xml i think the default is height="44" width="44" maybe you need to fiddle with those aswell

Thanks. I will try then.

4 hours ago, godzilu said:

Anyone knows if skin/settings/skin settings.xml is excluding the base settings file if it the skin is a subskin, or it's cumulative, I can write only the changes in my skin settings.xml?

Thanks

Effectively, it all overlaps.

Your custom skin > Base Skin > fm-widgets (basically holds all the fonts/graphics/settings) and panels.fmf. It loads the widgets and panels first, then the base skin, then loads your skin, checks what files your skin has, and loads those instead of the default ones.

Theoretically, you could edit the base skins and make global tweaks, but A) theres no real benefit, B) you'd end up having to repack the file

在 2023/10/11 在 PM8点29分, snowofman说:

您可能需要在图形程序中对其进行编辑以满足您的需要。

大小将在 titlebar.xml 中完成,我认为默认值是 height="44" width="44" 也许你也需要摆弄这些

Hi bro, do you know which file controls the scaling of the interface?

Hello everybody,

I would like to change the colour of the scout recommendation text to white, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to work:

Screenshot2023-10-13at21_49_32.thumb.png.503ee01b547bbe48be4fd4e34f44eb89.png

The widget is located in the player reports overview summary vertical.xml panel and affects the Reports/Scout Reports section and although I am able to change the text size, neither version of the colour-command does have an effect.

(The line with <widget class="text" id="recw" alignment="left,centre_y" multiline="true" style="bold" auto_size="vertical" size="14"/> seems to be responsible)

[...]

<container id="stBX" class="main_box_no_margin" background_colour="red">
			<attachment_group class="horizontal_arrange_vertical_autosize_centre" horizontal_layout="40,-6, -1" horizontal_gap="4" horizontal_offset="6" vertical_offset="8" />

<widget class="player_scout_recommendation_widget" id="sriW" width="40" height="40" show_knowledge_bar="false" navigation_focus_target="false">
				<record id="object_property" get_property="Psrk" set_property="objt" />
			</widget>

<!-- Coach report info etc (only for own players)-->
			<container id="strS" hidden="true">
				<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="5" apply_to_children="true" />
				<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="15" apply_to_children="true" />

<container class="player_scout_reports_panel" id="psco" file="player/player scout reports small">
					<record id="object_property" get_property="objt" set_property="objt" />
				</container>
			</container>

<widget class="text" id="recw" alignment="left,centre_y" multiline="true" style="bold" auto_size="vertical" size="14"/>

</container>

[...]

Thanks in advance :)

2 horas atrás, sebastian_starttrbts disse:

Hello everybody,

I would like to change the colour of the scout recommendation text to white, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to work:

Screenshot2023-10-13at21_49_32.thumb.png.503ee01b547bbe48be4fd4e34f44eb89.png

The widget is located in the player reports overview summary vertical.xml panel and affects the Reports/Scout Reports section and although I am able to change the text size, neither version of the colour-command does have an effect.

(The line with <widget class="text" id="recw" alignment="left,centre_y" multiline="true" style="bold" auto_size="vertical" size="14"/> seems to be responsible)

[...]

<container id="stBX" class="main_box_no_margin" background_colour="red">
			<attachment_group class="horizontal_arrange_vertical_autosize_centre" horizontal_layout="40,-6, -1" horizontal_gap="4" horizontal_offset="6" vertical_offset="8" />

<widget class="player_scout_recommendation_widget" id="sriW" width="40" height="40" show_knowledge_bar="false" navigation_focus_target="false">
				<record id="object_property" get_property="Psrk" set_property="objt" />
			</widget>

<!-- Coach report info etc (only for own players)-->
			<container id="strS" hidden="true">
				<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="5" apply_to_children="true" />
				<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="15" apply_to_children="true" />

<container class="player_scout_reports_panel" id="psco" file="player/player scout reports small">
					<record id="object_property" get_property="objt" set_property="objt" />
				</container>
			</container>

<widget class="text" id="recw" alignment="left,centre_y" multiline="true" style="bold" auto_size="vertical" size="14"/>

</container>

[...]

Thanks in advance :)

image.png.e7d516792a88326009b61c4a300cfda4.png

If the file is the same as in FM22, look for the following line:

<!--CA label--> 
                        <widget class="text" id="caTX" auto_size="vertical" alignment="left" colour="faded text" />

Change the colour from faded text to white. Do the same in the PA label

Edited by BlueScreen

Hey, I'm currently trying to edit the scoreboard from Zealand's skin and want the clock background and the score background (both marked with red just to make sure you know what I mean :D) to be solid, not transparent, and then change their colours but I don't really know how to do that, could you help me? 

I also want to change the clock text colour but it doesn't seem to work

image.png.39440783c955dba552209f52cb0ca5f7.png

Edited by Owca

8 hours ago, BlueScreen said:

image.png.e7d516792a88326009b61c4a300cfda4.png

If the file is the same as in FM22, look for the following line:

<!--CA label--> 
                        <widget class="text" id="caTX" auto_size="vertical" alignment="left" colour="faded text" />

Change the colour from faded text to white. Do the same in the PA label

Thank you for your help. But I was thinking about the text within the scout recommendation "Would be a good signing." for which the line I mentioned

seems to be responsible. At least the command with size="14" had an increasing textsize effect. But unfortunately the colour-command does not have any effect on this text.

image.png.e7d516792a88326009b61c4a300cfda4.png.d47a2b5f27a23f45831426a49e658980.png

1 hour ago, sebastian_starttrbts said:

Thank you for your help. But I was thinking about the text within the scout recommendation "Would be a good signing." for which the line I mentioned

seems to be responsible. At least the command with size="14" had an increasing textsize effect. But unfortunately the colour-command does not have any effect on this text.

image.png.e7d516792a88326009b61c4a300cfda4.png.d47a2b5f27a23f45831426a49e658980.png

It’s been ages since I was actively skinning but what bit does the file player/player scout reports small control?

I have vague recollections about being stumped by something like this and vaguely remember that it was actually controlled by another file.

Of course, could be completely wrong …

2 hours ago, Tyburn said:

It’s been ages since I was actively skinning but what bit does the file player/player scout reports small control?

I have vague recollections about being stumped by something like this and vaguely remember that it was actually controlled by another file.

Of course, could be completely wrong …

Thank you :) For some reason using the player scout report panel made me able to scout players in regions, I wasn't able to scout before.

Now I switched from the player scout report to the player scout report small and was able to create the panel I was looking for :)  Although the text isn't white, I like it :D

Screenshot2023-10-14at11_45_28.thumb.png.9b6dc92e9520a9c9b53277927fc75ca7.png

8 minutes ago, Owca said:

I managed to make my own Ekstraklasa scoreboard but unfortunately the time slider above the clock is grey and hardly visible...
Any ideas how to make it black?

image.png

have you had a look here ?
match time slider panel.xml

or in settings

8 minutes ago, snowofman said:

have you had a look here ?
match time slider panel.xml

well, as I based my skin on Zealand, the file looks (or should look) the same as in the Zealand skin
I guess I should change or add something to change the colour, but I don't really know where

image.png.6ae9f5d8a6530dda5eeb861db63e8418.png

1 hour ago, Owca said:

well, as I based my skin on Zealand, the file looks (or should look) the same as in the Zealand skin
I guess I should change or add something to change the colour, but I don't really know where

image.png.6ae9f5d8a6530dda5eeb861db63e8418.png

extract the default settings file and look for Match time slider

i believe those sets the color

15 horas atrás, sebastian_starttrbts disse:

Oh, my bad. Glad you got it sort it out!

21 hours ago, snowofman said:

extract the default settings file and look for Match time slider

i believe those sets the color

managed to change it, had to add

<colour name="fg accent" value="rgb(0,0,0)"/>

to the settings file

FM24 related as no new thread.

image.png.9a3dcd18b217bf0d7530d7233903430f.png

Has anyone managed to find the snippet for this? I have my attributes for non players condensed and wanted to add it to a tabbed menu at the side. Really don't want to go back to the radio buttons if I don't have to... (very, very rusty after a long break)

image.thumb.png.3b8fefb0692846447096c1ab1e27fc9b.png

Solved by @GIMN

Thank you!

<container class="scrolling_box" id="npSB">
    <translation id="title" translation_id="596039" type="use" value="Set Piece Preferences[COMMENT: AREA: Non-player profile; SUB-AREA: Coaching details; FR: FM-22083; TONE: Formal;  CHARLIMIT: None; REF-ID: ; NOTE; Title for a coach's preferred style of set piece]" />
                                        <widget class="container" id="npSP">
                                            <attachment_group class="vertical_arrange_autosize" />

<list id="properties_to_forward">
                                                <record get_property="SPdt" set_property="text" target="deli" />
                                                <record get_property="SPpd" set_property="text" target="defp" />
                                                <record get_property="SPaf" set_property="text" target="aimf" />
                                                <record get_property="SPDm" set_property="text" target="defm" />
                                                <record get_property="SPan" set_property="text" target="attn" />
                                                <record get_property="SPdn" set_property="text" target="defn" />
                                                <record get_property="Spdl" set_property="text" target="defl" />
                                            </list>

<!--Delivery-->
                                            <widget class="label" font="title" auto_size="vertical">
                                                <translation id="text" translation_id="468238" type="use" value="Delivery[COMMENT: training session calendar name for Set Piece Delivery, keep short 16 letters or under]" />
                                            </widget>
                                            <widget class="label" id="deli" auto_size="vertical">
                                                <translation id="hint" translation_id="596038" type="use" value="Indicates whether the coach prefers corner-takers who can bend the ball towards or away from goal on the initial delivery[COMMENT: AREA: Non-player profile; SUB-AREA: Coaching Details Set Piece Preferences; FR: FM-23919; TONE: Formal;  CHARLIMIT: None; REF-ID: ; NOTE; Hint for a coach's preferred style of set piece delivery]" />
                                            </widget>

<!--Defending Posts-->
                                                <translation id="text" translation_id="596028" type="use" value="Defending Posts[COMMENT: AREA: Non-player profile; SUB-AREA: Coaching Details Set Piece Preferences; FR: FM-22083; TONE: Formal;  CHARLIMIT: None; REF-ID: ; NOTE; Title for a coach's preferred style of defending posts in a set piece]" />
                                            </widget>
                                            <widget class="label" id="defp" auto_size="vertical">
                                                <translation id="hint" translation_id="596034" type="use" value="This is the tendency for the coach to place defenders on both posts, one post, or not at all.[COMMENT: AREA: Non-player profile; SUB-AREA: Coaching Details Set Piece Preferences; FR: FM-23919; TONE: Formal;  CHARLIMIT: None; REF-ID: ; NOTE; Hint for a coach's preferred style of set piece defending posts]" />
                                            </widget>

<!--Aim For-->
                                                <translation id="text" translation_id="596026" type="use" value="Aim For[COMMENT: AREA: Non-player profile; SUB-AREA: Coaching Details Set Piece Preferences; FR: FM-22083; TONE: Formal;  CHARLIMIT: None; REF-ID: ; NOTE; Title for a coach's preferred style of aiming a set piece]" />
                                            </widget>
                                            <widget class="label" id="aimf" auto_size="vertical">
                                                <translation id="hint" translation_id="597244" type="use" value="When taking attacking corners and crossing free kicks, this is where the coach prefers the initial delivery to be aimed[COMMENT: AREA: Non-player profile; SUB-AREA: Coaching Details Set Piece Preferences; FR: FM-23919; TONE: Formal;  CHARLIMIT: None; REF-ID: ; NOTE; Hint for a coach's preferred style of set piece aimed delivery]" />
                                            </widget>

<!--Defensive Marking-->
                                                <translation id="text" translation_id="596030" type="use" value="Defensive Marking[COMMENT: AREA: Non-player profile; SUB-AREA: Coaching Details Set Piece Preferences; FR: FM-22083; TONE: Formal;  CHARLIMIT: None; REF-ID: ; NOTE; Title for a coach's preferred style of defensive marking during a set piece]" />
                                            </widget>
                                            <widget class="label" id="defm" auto_size="vertical">
                                                <translation id="hint" translation_id="596036" type="use" value="This indicates whether the coach prefers to mark zonally, player-to-player, or a hybrid of the two approaches in a defensive set piece scenario.[COMMENT: AREA: Non-player profile; SUB-AREA: Coaching Details Set Piece Preferences; FR: FM-23919; TONE: Formal;  CHARLIMIT: None; REF-ID: ; NOTE; Hint for a coach's preferred style of set piece defensive marking]" />
                                            </widget>

<!--Attacking Numbers-->
                                                <translation id="text" translation_id="596027" type="use" value="Attacking Numbers[COMMENT: AREA: Non-player profile; SUB-AREA: Coaching Details Set Piece Preferences; FR: FM-22083; TONE: Formal;  CHARLIMIT: None; REF-ID: ; NOTE; Title for a coach's preferred style of attacking setup during a set piece]" />
                                            </widget>
                                            <widget class="label" id="attn" auto_size="vertical">
                                                <translation id="hint" translation_id="596033" type="use" value="For attacking set pieces, this is the coach's willingness to commit players forward as part of the offensive.[COMMENT: AREA: Non-player profile; SUB-AREA: Coaching Details Set Piece Preferences; FR: FM-23919; TONE: Formal;  CHARLIMIT: None; REF-ID: ; NOTE; Hint for a coach's preferred style of set piece attacking numbers]" />
                                            </widget>

<!--Defensive Numbers-->
                                                <translation id="text" translation_id="596031" type="use" value="Defensive Numbers[COMMENT: AREA: Non-player profile; SUB-AREA: Coaching Details Set Piece Preferences; FR: FM-22083; TONE: Formal;  CHARLIMIT: None; REF-ID: ; NOTE; Title for a coach's preferred style of defensive setup during a set piece]" />
                                            </widget>
                                            <widget class="label" id="defn" auto_size="vertical">
                                                <translation id="hint" translation_id="596037" type="use" value="Indicates the coach's approach to counter attacking scenarios resulting from an opposition set piece.[COMMENT: AREA: Non-player profile; SUB-AREA: Coaching Details Set Piece Preferences; FR: FM-23919; TONE: Formal;  CHARLIMIT: None; REF-ID: ; NOTE; Hint for a coach's preferred style of set piece defensive numbers]" />
                                            </widget>

<!--Defensive Line-->
                                                <translation id="text" translation_id="596032" type="use" value="Defensive Line[COMMENT: AREA: Non-player profile; SUB-AREA: Coaching Details Set Piece Preferences; FR: FM-23622; TONE: Formal;  CHARLIMIT: None; REF-ID: ; NOTE; Title for a coach's preferred style of defensive line depth during a set piece]" />
                                            </widget>
                                            <widget class="label" id="defl" auto_size="vertical">
                                                <translation id="hint" translation_id="596035" type="use" value="This is the coach's preference for the defensive line height of the team when facing a opposition set piece.[COMMENT: AREA: Non-player profile; SUB-AREA: Coaching Details Set Piece Preferences; FR: FM-23919; TONE: Formal;  CHARLIMIT: None; REF-ID: ; NOTE; Hint for a coach's preferred style of set piece defensive line depth]" />
                                            </widget>

</widget>
                                    </container>

Edited by JustHowie
solved

31 minutes ago, Stevenleharve said:

This might be in the wrong thread so apologies if it is, but can someone explain to me in the simplest terms how to use a FM23 skin on FM24. I've seen some people using them and I have no clue where to even start. 

Thanks in advance.

locate skin_config

change

<string id="required_version" value="23.0.0" />

to

<string id="required_version" value="24.0.0" />

A general crossover to FM24 question, I had a FM23 custom skin that I like and loading up for FM24 95% of it works - the main problem is the new set pieces element. I've tried removing the panels for custom elements in Tactics (including the in match tactics panels) hoping it'd return to default. But it still doesn't give me any content behind the new set pieces drop downs or takers - Anyone found and solved yet?

31 minutes ago, giglet13 said:

A general crossover to FM24 question, I had a FM23 custom skin that I like and loading up for FM24 95% of it works - the main problem is the new set pieces element. I've tried removing the panels for custom elements in Tactics (including the in match tactics panels) hoping it'd return to default. But it still doesn't give me any content behind the new set pieces drop downs or takers - Anyone found and solved yet?

There is alot of files that has been changed, so your  sections file would be a good place to start

9 minutes ago, Jamie Aubrey said:

image.thumb.png.0d67be47013d43f8ec38f6313fe6e4bc.pngI dunno if it's worth asking for help for FM24 skins yet but does anyone know what I'd have to do to get the staff attributes to show ? 

I can delete the non_player folder and it fixes to the default version but I'd like to have this custom view 

i would probably just grab the code from the default and update your code.

not sure whats causing it as it works fine for me.

36 minutes ago, Jamie Aubrey said:

image.thumb.png.0d67be47013d43f8ec38f6313fe6e4bc.pngI dunno if it's worth asking for help for FM24 skins yet but does anyone know what I'd have to do to get the staff attributes to show ? 

I can delete the non_player folder and it fixes to the default version but I'd like to have this custom view 

you have to update the 'non player attributes panel', there are new attributes (set pieces) so it doesn't work with the old one. 

Question regarding the colours/buttons (maybe something else).

I made the 'tab bar' coloured with primary/secondary colours during FM23 already and I want to keep it here for FM24. But I noticed something has changed as the font turns white when I hover over the text. 

It's linked to the same graphic as the original appearance="boxes/custom/interface/tab bar/paper", but no matter what I tried I can't change the font colour when I hover the text. It's probably now connected to some button but I can't find it.

Let me know, if someone has some idea. Thanks. 

image.thumb.png.5b74be4148c6cbe259c3b4e3862660f3.png

That means the text is not visible when it's a club with the primary colour of white. But not when it's clicked. That's strange. It's normal when it is selected. 

image.thumb.png.d6b915b3149757ac6fe6c8b6c6d3936f.png

image.thumb.png.4d40b15928b70118b57ffad6489fa122.png

43 分钟前, keysi说:

I made the 'tab bar' coloured with primary/secondary colours during FM23 already and I want to keep it here for FM24. But I noticed something has changed as the font turns white when I hover over the text. 

It's linked to the same graphic as the original appearance="boxes/custom/interface/tab bar/paper", but no matter what I tried I can't change the font colour when I hover the text. It's probably now connected to some button but I can't find it.

That means the text is not visible when it's a club with the primary colour of white. But not when it's clicked. That's strange. It's normal when it is selected. 

I found this in the notification icon too.

1 hour ago, keysi said:

I found out it's connected to the graphics/tabs/standard and there were missing some files for button_showing/button_over but it still doesn't work 100%. 

I was wondering whether someone was able to create a client_object_viewer_selector_panel on the non_player profile (and the human profile as well)?

I tried using my code from the player overview panel:

<container class="client_object_viewer_selector_panel" id="cos1" priority="1"
			navigation_container="true" minimum_width="601" default_width="601"
			file="non_player/selector/player overview small selector panel head">
			<integer id="default_for_unemployed_managers" value="phap" />
			<integer id="default_for_international_managers_other_team" value="phap" />
			<integer id="default_for_everyone_else" value="phap" />
			<integer id="default_for_versus_mode" value="phap" />
		</container>

with the selector file mentioned:

<panel navigation_container="true">
	<container id="SUBP">
		<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" apply_to_children="true" inset="8" />
		<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" />
	</container>

<widget class="popup_button" id="popv" height="30" width="30" click_event="msis" appearance="buttons/custom/over state only/button" fixed="true">
		<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="right,top" inset="0,0" />
	</widget>

<!-- Career Stats -->
	<widget class="playing_history_summary_panel" file="player/player/playing history summary small" id="phsp" late_loading="true">
		<translation id="title" translation_id="247605" type="use" value="Career Stats" />
	</widget>
</panel>

But unfortunately the button isn't clickable with the code above:

Screenshot2023-10-26at18_43_37.png.79dfa7ff71ae24b75d34c190344639f0.png

I feel like it could be a problem with the integer ids but I'm not sure where to find the correct ones for the non_player profile.

Edited by sebastian_starttrbts

30 minutes ago, sebastian_starttrbts said:

I was wondering whether someone was able to create a client_object_viewer_selector_panel on the non_player profile (and the human profile as well)?

I tried using my code from the player overview panel:

<container class="client_object_viewer_selector_panel" id="cos1" priority="1"
			navigation_container="true" minimum_width="601" default_width="601"
			file="non_player/selector/player overview small selector panel head">
			<integer id="default_for_unemployed_managers" value="phap" />
			<integer id="default_for_international_managers_other_team" value="phap" />
			<integer id="default_for_everyone_else" value="phap" />
			<integer id="default_for_versus_mode" value="phap" />
		</container>

with the selector file mentioned:

<panel navigation_container="true">
	<container id="SUBP">
		<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" apply_to_children="true" inset="8" />
		<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" />
	</container>

<widget class="popup_button" id="popv" height="30" width="30" click_event="msis" appearance="buttons/custom/over state only/button" fixed="true">
		<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="right,top" inset="0,0" />
	</widget>

<!-- Career Stats -->
	<widget class="playing_history_summary_panel" file="player/player/playing history summary small" id="phsp" late_loading="true">
		<translation id="title" translation_id="247605" type="use" value="Career Stats" />
	</widget>
</panel>

But unfortunately the button isn't clickable with the code above:

Screenshot2023-10-26at18_43_37.png.79dfa7ff71ae24b75d34c190344639f0.png

I feel like it could be a problem with the integer ids but I'm not sure where to find the correct ones for the non_player profile.

Try using a <record id="object_property" get_property="objt" set_property="objt"/> in the selector

8 minutes ago, OriGiri said:

I want to know how to make the icons and club names are evenly spaced (like Dinamo) in the table

Anyone able to help? Thanks! 

Screenshot(27).png.26b0882da6c01dee20cff3e2e1843f24.png

Its the actual logo graphics, they all need to be the same size

Quick question on FM22 - does anybody know if it's possible to amend the fixtures / schedule screen to show the opposition goalscorers on previously played fixtures? Ideally I want to add an additional column, next to the column showing my goalscorers but it doesn't appear to be an attribute that can be added on in the core game?

spacer.png

Edited by chile_paul

11 minutes ago, chile_paul said:

Quick question on FM22 - does anybody know if it's possible to amend the fixtures / schedule screen to show the opposition goalscorers on previously played fixtures? Ideally I want to add an additional column, next to the column showing my goalscorers but it doesn't appear to be an attribute that can be added on in the core game?

spacer.png

I don't think it's possible to add to a view