[FM23] Random and Small Skinning Questions

TCSSkin

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Olas Nick said:

you can not change the graphics, but change the container class to one that uses more transparent graphics, or create your own class and graphics with the required level of transparency

But, usually, the container is directing to a picture file.

For example. I have this line of code inside the "backroom advice meeting base panel.xml

<container>
                <attachment_group class="vertical_arrange_autosize" />
                <!--staff speaking container-->
                <container height="52" id="stlP">
                    <attachment_group class="horizontal_arrange" horizontal_alignment="middle" vertical_inset="0" />
                </container>

<!--speech bubble container-->
                <container height="55">
                    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />
                    <container class="inner_subtle_box" id="speB" appearance="boxes/custom/speech bubble/top/paper" red_replacement="bg lighter">

<attachment_group class="horizontal_arrange_autosize" vertical_inset="0" />

<widget class="text" id="speT" auto_size="all" multiline="true" alignment="left, centre_y" />
                    </container>
                </container>
            </container>

If, on Photoshop, let's say...I make the paper.png file more transparent. It should be more transparent inside the game, right?

Edited by Danny_Pt

14 minutes ago, Danny_Pt said:

But, usually, the container is directing to a picture file.

For example. I have this line of code inside the "backroom advice meeting base panel.xml

<container>
                <attachment_group class="vertical_arrange_autosize" />
                <!--staff speaking container-->
                <container height="52" id="stlP">
                    <attachment_group class="horizontal_arrange" horizontal_alignment="middle" vertical_inset="0" />
                </container>

<!--speech bubble container-->
                <container height="55">
                    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />
                    <container class="inner_subtle_box" id="speB" appearance="boxes/custom/speech bubble/top/paper" red_replacement="bg lighter">

<attachment_group class="horizontal_arrange_autosize" vertical_inset="0" />

<widget class="text" id="speT" auto_size="all" multiline="true" alignment="left, centre_y" />
                    </container>
                </container>
            </container>

If, on Photoshop, let's say...I make the paper.png file more transparent. It should be more transparent inside the game, right?

for example, you can start by replacing the line
class="inner_subtle_box" id="speB" appearance="boxes/custom/speech bubble/top/paper" red_replacement="bg lighter"
on something like
class="main_transparent _box" id="speB"
or
class="main_subtle _box" id="speB"

editing specifically boxes/custom/speech bubble/top/paper is a bad idea because it might cause problems elsewhere

Edited by Olas Nick

9 minutes ago, Olas Nick said:

for example, you can start by replacing the line
class="inner_subtle_box" id="speB" appearance="boxes/custom/speech bubble/top/paper" red_replacement="bg lighter"
on something like
class="main_transparent _box" id="speB"
or
class="main_subtle _box" id="speB"

editing specifically boxes/custom/speech bubble/top/paper is a bad idea because it might cause problems elsewhere

Thaks for your help.

But, in theory, what would those lines of code do? The ones that you advised.

Sorry, I'm an XML noob :)

1 hour ago, Danny_Pt said:

Thaks for your help.

But, in theory, what would those lines of code do? The ones that you advised.

Sorry, I'm an XML noob :)

The lines of code are changing what the default appearance of your class is, you can in theory change most things using an appearance which redirects the class to look like something else. OR you can change the class completely if you know the appearance you want

3 hours ago, Olas Nick said:

you can not change the graphics, but change the container class to one that uses more transparent graphics, or create your own class and graphics with the required level of transparency

yeah there's two different ways. i imagine most of the meeting boxes use the same graphic so changing the graphic  will change them all, whereas with your method you'd have to change the line in each meeting panel

Both work, it's my favourite part of skinning, multiple ways to do the same thing 

20 hours ago, Danny_Pt said:

Ok! Thank you so much!

Will have a look tonight, got in from the football last night and was in no mood to do anything

4 hours ago, TCSSkin said:

yeah there's two different ways. i imagine most of the meeting boxes use the same graphic so changing the graphic  will change them all, whereas with your method you'd have to change the line in each meeting panel

Both work, it's my favourite part of skinning, multiple ways to do the same thing 

Will have a look tonight, got in from the football last night and was in no mood to do anything

Thanks mate!

I actually did it; but only by decreasing the opacity of the original picture file on Photoshop. So I didn’t mess up with the code.

if you could tell me how to do it on the code I would appreciate. 

thanks again for your help :)

2 hours ago, DamienQilBormliz said:

Guys, what do I need to change exactly in fonts for this to be fixed please? It only happens during 3d matches, in profile, tactics and other screens it's written well.

Thanks.

PalermovSpezia_Pitch.png.74a571a7f6bc622d87bd89cf28b95f85.png

try and look in your font folder for

match pitch players

you either need to remove it or make sure the font used is having the missing characters 

55 minutes ago, snowofman said:

try and look in your font folder for

match pitch players

you either need to remove it or make sure the font used is having the missing characters 

I tried changing the font being used in "match pitch players" and also removed the whole file but issue still persists for some reason, must be attached through another file I'm thinking..

1 hour ago, DamienQilBormliz said:

I tried changing the font being used in "match pitch players" and also removed the whole file but issue still persists for some reason, must be attached through another file I'm thinking..

Remember to Untick "use cached files" in the preferences, then clear the cache and reload the skin

if it's still persists, try and load the default skin..

and if it's still persists - try this

https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/9997644231185

2 hours ago, snowofman said:

Remember to Untick "use cached files" in the preferences, then clear the cache and reload the skin

if it's still persists, try and load the default skin..

and if it's still persists - try this

https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/9997644231185

Cheers for the help!! 

10 minutes ago, putuadidharma0 said:
Please help me, why doesn't it appear that there is usually information about referees and weather in this section, what file should I change it to?

Spoiler

IMG-20230929-WA0014.jpg

as said in the PM, try and load in the deafult skin and see how it looks

i looked for the file the 1st time you asked, but was unable to find it.  which is why i didnt reply at the time

3 minutes ago, DDA said:

This screen is from FM16, but three letters name of attributes was in FM12-16

it's not something i have seen before from what i remember

it might be something that could be achived by editing the person properties, but thats trial and error as i have nothing to back it up.

and without either a skin with the 3 letters or game files, it's not something i would be able to find or even look for 

2 hours ago, DDA said:

Is it possible to display the names of attributes in this panel as in earlier versions? I mean short names of skills

2.png.a8af9f5e91c679fd67f59db735405e2d.png1.png.ad22be4441a25691b18fbd6f75ed5790.png

Add this to your attributes

<boolean id="is_small_version" value="true" />
image.thumb.png.468092d5e01fdd4d6983d857687b7ad4.png

You can find it in player attributes comparison panel tactics which is used here

image.png.5520991db82c8bc7a5f2b23d1d93912e.png

Hey,

I wanted to change that all black background that appears on the transfer deadline day mode. For some reason, when I enter the deadline day, my default background disappears and it turns into that yellow and black skin.

I just wanted to change the background. Anyone knows how? 

thank you in advance :)

Edited by Danny_Pt

2 hours ago, Danny_Pt said:

Hey,

I wanted to change that all black background that appears on the transfer deadline day mode. For some reason, when I enter the deadline day, my default background disappears and it turns into that yellow and black skin.

I just wanted to change the background. Anyone knows how? 

thank you in advance :)

Transfer deadline day has it's own colour scheme so check the settings file

4 minutes ago, snowofman said:

yes it's a default game file you have to extract

SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2023\data\game - settings.fmf

Yes I know how to extract with resource archiver. Thanks :)

just didn’t know which file to look for deadline day.

thank you

3 hours ago, snowofman said:

Transfer deadline day has it's own colour scheme so check the settings file

So, I have found this line on the settings file. It's the deadline day bg colour,

<colour name="deadline day bg"                             value="rgb(24,24,24)"/>

Is there any way to convert this value to a picture file? Instead of being a colour,

11 hours ago, Danny_Pt said:

So, I have found this line on the settings file. It's the deadline day bg colour,

<colour name="deadline day bg"                             value="rgb(24,24,24)"/>

Is there any way to convert this value to a picture file? Instead of being a colour,

unfortunately not sorry this file controls the the colours, you'd need to find the relevant xmls for the panels you wish to change and switch out the appearance/ find any relevant graphic in the graphics folder and switch them out with something you prefer but this is not something I have looked at personally

3 hours ago, JustHowie said:

unfortunately not sorry this file controls the the colours, you'd need to find the relevant xmls for the panels you wish to change and switch out the appearance/ find any relevant graphic in the graphics folder and switch them out with something you prefer but this is not something I have looked at personally

Ok thanks for your input. 
I’ll take a look to some xml files then. 

Hey,

Anyone knows how to put the tactics panel on the right side, instead of left?

This screenshot is from the default FM. By default the tactics pitch is on the left, but I know some skins have it on right side.

Thank you in advance :)

tactics.png

14 hours ago, Danny_Pt said:

Hey,

Anyone knows how to put the tactics panel on the right side, instead of left?

This screenshot is from the default FM. By default the tactics pitch is on the left, but I know some skins have it on right side.

Thank you in advance :)

tactics.png

This panel is an absolute nightmare to play around with in all honesty, unless you have an understanding of the coding and eb confident enough to test what happens when you change it around ,then I'd most likely look at a skin that already has it the way you want it and take the relevant files from there.

19 minutes ago, JustHowie said:

This panel is an absolute nightmare to play around with in all honesty, unless you have an understanding of the coding and eb confident enough to test what happens when you change it around ,then I'd most likely look at a skin that already has it the way you want it and take the relevant files from there.

Yes, I actually did that, but the panels were a mess then :)

That's why I wanted to check if there was a simpler way to just put the tactics on the right side, as I prefer that way instead of left.

The "problem" is that the 2 skins I found that have this panel on the right side, are not so appealing to me in terms of design.

Hi!

I'm new to skinning but figured I'd give it a go, and I wanted to group some attributes, eg. combine "Flair" and "Vision" into a combined "Creativity"-attribute. So I'm looking at the "player attributes panel.xml" and the "<!-- Technical Table -->", but I can't figure out where to access the actual values of the table as to manipulate the attribute values as mentioned before. Any help would be much appreciated!

27 minutes ago, BS Bob said:

Hi!

I'm new to skinning but figured I'd give it a go, and I wanted to group some attributes, eg. combine "Flair" and "Vision" into a combined "Creativity"-attribute. So I'm looking at the "player attributes panel.xml" and the "<!-- Technical Table -->", but I can't figure out where to access the actual values of the table as to manipulate the attribute values as mentioned before. Any help would be much appreciated!

Id's for attributes can be found in the person properties.xml file

you'll need to extract the file from the game

在 2023/8/3 在 AM3点16分, burak_95说:

When I get to the main page, the league table looks like this. When I click it again it goes back to normal. What is the reason of this?

123123.png

I have the same problem.

12 minutes ago, KFC said:

default skin

okay, then it's not exactly a skinning issue, but a game issue 

Have you verified the game files ? if the problem continues you should raise it as a bug and provide the needed information, such a save file, screenshots and write abit about the issue

https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2023-bugs-tracker/

3 hours ago, snowofman said:

Id's for attributes can be found in the person properties.xml file

you'll need to extract the file from the game

Thanks for the answer. I did extract the person properties.xml, but what I meant was, if it is possible to access the "pltt" table?

(<!-- Technical Table -->
        <widget class="table" id="pltt" layout="-1">)

Sorry if I'm asking dumb questions.

Thanks in advance.

8 minutes ago, BS Bob said:

Thanks for the answer. I did extract the person properties.xml, but what I meant was, if it is possible to access the "pltt" table?

(<!-- Technical Table -->
        <widget class="table" id="pltt" layout="-1">)

Sorry if I'm asking dumb questions.

Thanks in advance.

I don't think it is. 

46 minutes ago, adenamikaze4 said:

I want to edit the attribute section, but don't know which one, anyone know what file it is? I want to try other skins like tato

1904540_20230118154519_1.png.eecd83e0f06875435c344251dd02d8b4.png

i believe the changes is made in the person properties.xml

so you can try and replace the current one with a new one. and you should have numbers back instead of bars

i assume thats what you mean

12 minutes ago, snowofman said:

i believe the changes is made in the person properties.xml

so you can try and replace the current one with a new one. and you should have numbers back instead of bars

i assume thats what you mean

solved, I forgot to add attribute_bar folder in classes