*Official* Football Manager 2023 Console & Touch Feedback Thread

On 29/11/2022 at 09:16, Burty76 said:

Young players technical stats don’t improve over time at all. @BuryBlade provided lots of screenshots showing this in the bugs forum

This might be a thing in the console version too. Checked some of my young players and yeah, no improvement in four seasons. Bloody hell. I wish I'd noticed this early on. 

Edited by Dibil

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Interested in" filter missing in Shortlist section?

In Player Search there is the filter "Interested in" either transfer or loan: spacer.png

But in the Shortlist section it is missing:

spacer.png

Is this a bug or am I missing a setting?

Edited by Diceman123

On 30/11/2022 at 16:21, Dibil said:

This might be a thing in the console version too. Checked some of my young players and yeah, no improvement in four seasons. Bloody hell. I wish I'd noticed this early on. 

Still can’t believe they released the first fix after 3 weeks and this isn’t fixed 😂

6 hours ago, PAFC_Dugout said:

Still can’t believe they released the first fix after 3 weeks and this isn’t fixed 😂

I play on the console edition on PC game pass and this is exactly what made me quit my nottingham forest save after 6 seasons, this is just an example out of many but look at Brennan Johnson at the end of the 6th season, the thing is he was one of my key players, basically no injuries, he was playing really well and probably one of the most consistent players in the team with 5 star potential and guess what the game decides to do to reward him for all that? just see the abomination that is his all time improvement picture below like how does that make sense exactly... and that is just one of many players on my save who made me loose all motivation to play this game anymore until a big patch

image.thumb.png.74bc02f24900bad8dee0863b566065ec.pngimage.thumb.png.dc95f1f103ecc9e4a0dcfeab0043b1d9.pngimage.thumb.png.c7a5dd0147872a18a4501d2c8329d3fb.png

20 minutes ago, Takzuke said:

I play on the console edition on PC game pass and this is exactly what made me quit my nottingham forest save after 6 seasons, this is just an example out of many but look at Brennan Johnson at the end of the 6th season, the thing is he was one of my key players, basically no injuries, he was playing really well and probably one of the most consistent players in the team with 5 star potential and guess what the game decides to do to reward him for all that? just see the abomination that is his all time improvement picture below like how does that make sense exactly... and that is just one of many players on my save who made me loose all motivation to play this game anymore until a big patch

image.thumb.png.74bc02f24900bad8dee0863b566065ec.pngimage.thumb.png.dc95f1f103ecc9e4a0dcfeab0043b1d9.pngimage.thumb.png.c7a5dd0147872a18a4501d2c8329d3fb.png

We need a fix!

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/11/2022 at 11:38, GJHowell said:

Apple Arcade version is bordering on becoming unplayable for a number of reasons:

- Can't holiday test tactics as AM changes tactic, line-up, roles etc, even if instructed not to (have reported this via the bug tracker)

- Recruitment focus doesn't work if you want scouting team to do it. They return a flurry of reports in the first 2-3 days, then nothing

- Player development doesn't seem to be happening (noted that someone else has reported this via bug tracker). I'm seeing little or no development in player attributes. When you look at the progress tracker in the development section, it looks sporadic to say the best, and shows quite a lot of my players deteriorating. I bought one player who was rated at 4 stars by my scouts, and started the season at 4* current rating for the role, he's played regularly but is now 2* rated for the role.

- If you leave training to the AM then you end up with players being trained in positions/roles that aren't even relevant for the tactic you're running. Not insurmountable as you can just set the training yourself but still frustrating.

- Board confidence reporting seems a little "off". Doesn't seem to change much (no matter what I do on transfers, it always seems to be rated C by board and fans. I've had occasions where the overall rating on the home screen is different to what you see when you go into the full board confidence screen, and once where I was on an unbeaten run of approx 15 games and the board only rated C on current results, with the comment that they were waiting for more games to have been played before making judgement - this was around 2/3 through a season.

- There seem to be A LOT of injuries. Am regularly getting 8-10 players out through injury, and struggling to fill a subs bench. At one stage in a Man City save I could only put 4 subs out (I think) because of the number of injuries.

- Can't seem to make changes to a tactic and save them from the game when playing on Mac. Fine when I play on my iPhone.

- Less of a game-breaker, but still frustrating is the inability to change database size.

I've been playing the game for many years now, so know what to expect, and what is usual, what is not etc, and have been getting all of the above in numerous saves I have tried so far since launch. It's very frustrating.

5 weeks on from launch and, other than the injuries seeming to have improved, and the player development issue seeming a little better (although still massively inconsistent), all the other issues I raised above are still present.

Also, I was trying to understand why Liverpool are so overpowered - I've played 4 seasons as Bayern Munich (without EPL loaded) and Liverpool have won UCL in 3 of those 4 seasons with barely any changes to their squad. I looked at their stats at the end of the last 2 seasons i'd played (2024-25 and 2025-26) and the appearance stats are really messed up. They have loads of players in the same positions all showing upwards of 40 starts each. For the last season, it showed approx 1,400 starts across the squad in one season, which would have needed them to have played getting on for 130 matches. Man City looked similar too. Might explain why it's so hard to beat them! I say it tongue in cheek, but it's another issue with Touch on Apple Arcade.

Seriously, those of us playing this way are paying more in a lot of cases than people purchasing the full game, and we're getting a significantly substandard version - would be nice to get some indication of when these issues are going to be sorted because it is rendering the game virtually unplayable.

Edited by GJHowell

I’m trying Touch as I’ve got Apple Arcade as a freebie. This is feedback not bug reports. The commentary text is a bit on the small side. I suppose you’re trying to maximise the viewable pitch space but I think the text could be bigger. It’s a bit odd having to peer at it when coming from the mobile game. Also, when making subs in match mode, it’s not easy to read at a glance what positions your subs play in. None of the viewing modes I tried seem to show their positions. It’s an issue when you’ve just taken over a team and aren’t familiar with the players. only by moving the player on the tactics screen do the green, yellow and red colours show on the positions on the pitch.

I like the 3D match engine. It’s better than the 2020 version. But some of the match play is a bit too good. I’m managing Crawley in L2 and they’re passing it around and banging it into the net as if they are a Brazilian team from the 70s and 80s. 😀

Not sure I like the heart symbol for condition either. I prefer a number. Difficult to guess whether a tired player can keep going or not.

Thats it for now.

On 08/11/2022 at 00:55, Desmond Richardson said:

Football Manager 2023 is OUT NOW! We're all super excited at SI Towers and hope you feel the same way too.

This thread is for a place for us to collate your feedback for Console & Touch. This thread will be read by lots of different members of the SI team. We may reply in some instances, as will the forum mods - but can't reply to everything.

The Bug Tracker is the place for any issues you find with the game. 

For any troubleshooting say for crashes or being unable to launch, read our FAQ's (Console / Touch).

We're looking for feedback across all areas of the game, but we're especially looking for feedback on our new features including our brand new player onboarding experience. 

What we try to ask every year is we please if you’re raising feedback, try and make it constructive. The full list of our traditional ground rules can be found below:

• Please try to keep any feedback constructive. That doesn't mean you can only be positive, but if you are going to be critical, at least give us your reasons. Help us to help you by giving details.
  • Respect other opinions. We don't expect everyone to agree but please take the time to read posts and respect their position. Even if they're wrong. Like REALLY wrong. 
  • Please take Tactical Discussion elsewhere. We've seen that these types of threads can see posts focused on the tactical side of the game and whilst this is interesting, it's much more appropriate discussion for our Tactics, Training and Strategies Discussion.
  • Don’t make it personal. Attacks and the like won’t be tolerated. SI Staff and our volunteer moderating team will engage where we can, but any abuse makes that much more unlikely.

Now please go away and start your first saves! We're excited to hear your feedback and most importantly, we're excited to see how you get on within your saves.

Hi, I personally love the game it’s brought it back to people like me that don’t have a laptop quick enough. 
  My one criticism is I cannot change my managers appearance in game? It takes me through the process of changing it, but does not save. I want to be able to wear a suit for my cup finals! 
  Also, last year there was an editor in the store, is that something that will come soon?

On 18/12/2022 at 14:19, Pearcey49 said:

Hi, I personally love the game it’s brought it back to people like me that don’t have a laptop quick enough. 
  My one criticism is I cannot change my managers appearance in game? It takes me through the process of changing it, but does not save. I want to be able to wear a suit for my cup finals! 
  Also, last year there was an editor in the store, is that something that will come soon?

Hey @Pearcey49 can you please let us know what device you are playing on?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. Still no fix for the player development issue? I saw it got fixed pretty quickly for The full version of the game. How comes it is not being fixed on fm touch? Makes the game completely unplayable. I would highly appreciate any kind of statement. Thanks 

4 hours ago, Tirvia5 said:

Hello. Still no fix for the player development issue? I saw it got fixed pretty quickly for The full version of the game. How comes it is not being fixed on fm touch? Makes the game completely unplayable. I would highly appreciate any kind of statement. Thanks 

Player development is addressed and not EVERYONE should get even close to full potential they have. This happens in real life too, you might think that now is too slow I think it's better to not have 19 year old players get their CA maxed out and not evolve a single bit more after that.

I would agree with you and wished for more realistic development on previous editions. However in23 touch I haven’t seen any developmentin players. have you played a few seasons? In my safe players are not developing at all. Not mine nor from the ai

1 hour ago, Tirvia5 said:

I would agree with you and wished for more realistic development on previous editions. However in23 touch I haven’t seen any developmentin players. have you played a few seasons? In my safe players are not developing at all. Not mine nor from the ai

Well I would say I do see development run some sims within some years and all was normal, see below :)

On 29/11/2022 at 17:38, João14 said:

Only run two seasons but I'm seeing good developments.

Screenshot 2022-11-29 at 17.33.25.png

Screenshot 2022-11-29 at 17.33.37.png

Screenshot 2022-11-29 at 17.33.48.png

Screenshot 2022-11-29 at 17.33.57.png

Screenshot 2022-11-29 at 17.36.13.png

Screenshot 2022-11-29 at 17.36.19.png

Screenshot 2022-11-29 at 17.38.02.png

I may run the sim for a couple seasons more but definitely seems addressed.

Really doubting a lot about touch. Just played Brentford as Sours at home. We’re 6th they’re 19th. They won 5-1 and Toney scored early and played like Messi. Played again with different tactics and lost again. Played again with 3rd set of tactics and got lucky draw. I don’t mind losing. I hate illogical matches. Touch tactics seem irrelevant. The stats in Data Hub are wrong so of no assistance and players often ignore TIs and OIs.

I think the problem is by replicating full fat ME we are missing all the inputs and outputs of full fat. So the match happens but we are missing huge amounts of information and influence. 

so nearly great but Touch feels really undercooked to me.

and WHY for the love of God remove some managerial shouts? Lessens the managerial influence and the game players feeling of immersion?

and another why…..if you’re going to introduce team talks (nice) why not include the most important one at the beginning of a match.

and please give us more info on what the opposition are doing. The ME isn’t strong enough to represent changes in tactics, mentality etc. the AI seems to score so many late goals because im unaware of their tactical moves. That also belies the fact that the AI has an inherent advantage as it knows all my moves and tactics all the time.

18 hours ago, João14 said:

Well I would say I do see development run some sims within some years and all was normal, see below :)

This looks indeed promising. Much better than in my save. Thanks for sharing. When did you start the Game? 

Edited by Tirvia5

On 10/01/2023 at 11:50, NUNNYE said:

I'm doing it on my iPad. There is a frame drop when scoring a goal during a match and during replays. Please confirm. Other than that it works fine.

That’s probably one for the bugs forum. 

• 4 weeks later...

Recruitment Focus still not working on PS5. 

It doesn't matter which filters I use, I always get the message: No results found. You are not able to scout, which is one of the most important functions of the game. 

I would like to know if the problem is known and being worked on.

Edited by david.greiwe

I have played the iPad version and I am very impressed. I have the game on a desktop and a laptop and run different saves on them I have bought the game twice. I would really like to play it on the iPad as well but I don't want Apple Arcade because I am only interested in FM23. If I sign up to Arcade it is going to cost me £50 to play the game for the year. Is it not possible to buy FM23 Touch outside of Arcade for the iPad?

On 05/02/2023 at 18:54, Ian White said:

I have played the iPad version and I am very impressed. I have the game on a desktop and a laptop and run different saves on them I have bought the game twice. I would really like to play it on the iPad as well but I don't want Apple Arcade because I am only interested in FM23. If I sign up to Arcade it is going to cost me £50 to play the game for the year. Is it not possible to buy FM23 Touch outside of Arcade for the iPad?

No. FMT on iPad wasn’t an economically viable product, and has only become one by SI’s deal with Apple.

IOS version. The Director of Football contract negotiations need some fine tuning. I had a 4 star goalie as my regular starter but needed some half decent backups as my last ones had left/retired. So I signed two young 2 star goalies with 3/4 star potential at around the same time. But I allowed the DoF to sort out the contract details as I tend to be too generous. The salaries agreed were relatively low as expected but he agreed ‘first choice keeper’ playing time with both! :rolleyes: Now neither of them are happy and they want to leave. I can manage the fall out but I think the DoF actions need a review.

• 2 weeks later...

This may have already been asked so apologies if it has. I’m playing FM23 console on PS5 and see on my manager profile it has a field for “favoured club” but when setting up my profile I didn’t see anywhere I could set this and I’d very much like to be able to add the team I support. Can anyone help at all?

It’s kind of sad that game breaking bugs don’t get replies in here, yet “I want to change my manager’s appearance to wear a suit for the cup final” does. Priorities probably need sorting by staff.

I’m 5 seconds in to FMT on Apple Arcade, accidentally removed the sort on position selected and sub sort on position. And now I can’t re-add a sub sort, because you can’t shift click on a MOBILE. If you can then I don’t know how because when you click preferences and it gives you Xbox controller controls… Because everyone games on their iPhone with an Xbox controller…

What has actually been done to cater for mobile users? The UI has so much wasted space around the edges so all the data is bunched up in the middle, meaning every panel requires scrolling

Also, when you click the manual button from inside the game, it opens a “Sorry this page does not exist” link. Seriously? 

Not impressed in the slightest. Love to know if any testers have actually tried this on mobile, especially considering a subscription is needed to play. 

Afternoon all, sorry if this has been asked already, but is there a way that I can make my players positions appear under their names when in a match on PS5? Just with a new side, and still getting to know everyone, bit it's not overly helpful just seeing their name and "S1, S2 etc" on the bench, and the only work around I can see is selecting each player individually and checking their profile. Any help appreciated, cheers!

vor 16 Stunden schrieb hashisgod:

It’s kind of sad that game breaking bugs don’t get replies in here, yet “I want to change my manager’s appearance to wear a suit for the cup final” does. Priorities probably need sorting by staff.

I’m 5 seconds in to FMT on Apple Arcade, accidentally removed the sort on position selected and sub sort on position. And now I can’t re-add a sub sort, because you can’t shift click on a MOBILE. If you can then I don’t know how because when you click preferences and it gives you Xbox controller controls… Because everyone games on their iPhone with an Xbox controller…

What has actually been done to cater for mobile users? The UI has so much wasted space around the edges so all the data is bunched up in the middle, meaning every panel requires scrolling

Also, when you click the manual button from inside the game, it opens a “Sorry this page does not exist” link. Seriously? 

Not impressed in the slightest. Love to know if any testers have actually tried this on mobile, especially considering a subscription is needed to play. 

Click the space between position and best role. (Marked with red)

8453B537-C596-46E2-8EFF-194D479F14C8.jpeg

On 22/02/2023 at 17:07, Nagatomo said:

Click the space between position and best role. (Marked with red)

8453B537-C596-46E2-8EFF-194D479F14C8.jpeg

Re-downloaded and tried again, doesn’t work, that just sorts on the new column. :( I need it to sub-sort. I want 1st sort on position selected, and 2nd sort on position. I can see in your screenshot you only have a single sort column

Have the player development, and regression with age changes been implemented into FMT at all?

2032 here and not a single regen has made it into the top 3 of the GOAL50 awards, with Mbappé having won the last 6, and still holding a pace/acceleration of 18 at the age of 32. Top teams and international sides also seem to still be chock full of 30+ year olds.

• 14 players in their 30's in the latest England squad (and only 2 players under the age of 24)
  • 20 in the latest France squad (and not a single player under 24).
  • 15 in the latest Italy squad

Development of youngsters (and/or regression of older players) was the biggest single issue with the game from the original launch, and from this (admittedly small sample sized) test, it honestly doesn't seem to have gotten much better :(

Edited by TopToffee

5 hours ago, TopToffee said:

Have the player development, and regression with age changes been implemented into FMT at all?

2032 here and not a single regen has made it into the top 3 of the GOAL50 awards, with Mbappé having won the last 6, and still holding a pace/acceleration of 18 at the age of 32. Top teams and international sides also seem to still be chock full of 30+ year olds.

• 14 players in their 30's in the latest England squad (and only 2 players under the age of 24)
  • 20 in the latest France squad (and not a single player under 24).
  • 15 in the latest Italy squad

Development of youngsters (and/or regression of older players) was the biggest single issue with the game from the original launch, and from this (admittedly small sample sized) test, it honestly doesn't seem to have gotten much better :(

Please tell me this isn’t on the latest update? 

Some players are missing after the new update for the console version. For some reason a club like Arsenal are missing 3rd goalkeeper Hein yet have reserve goalkeepers below him in the squad 

Since I have a Series X, I wanted to give the console version a try for the first time after years of playing the PC version. My PC is potato and Series X would make the FM experience a lot smoother and faster. It was actually a lot smoother and faster and since I have game pass I was able to play my save on the cloud too. This is an incredible value, you can play your save on your PC, on Xbox and on your phone through cloud. Cloud gaming experience was unbelievably nice as I was able to play my save waiting for bus to work.

I stopped playing after 2 seasons and started a full fledged PC save again sadly, back to slowness.

There are a few reasons why I just played 2 seasons and (1) below is by far the biggest reason:

1. There is no squad registration in console version and there are almost no rules. As far as I see, there was only foreigner rule implemented in the domestic league and nothing else. CL had zero rules. It was extremely immersion breaking not to have any homegrown and squad size rules for Champions League. You can play a player that you sign in the middle of the season in the next European Competition game. I pretended not to care for 2 seasons but I play FM solely for its incredible immersion and this felt like one of those managerial mobile games where you create a team, put on a tactic and play. CL registration rules with squad size and homegrown rules add a very nice complexity to the game that forces people to pay attention to grow players in the club and make them usable and high-quality. It also makes you careful in the transfer market.

-----------------------------------

The rest are relatively minor problems that I could live with but still could probably be easily fixed

2. No attribute coloring and changing attribute ranges. Very good attributes are 16-20 and if you are playing in a non-top 5 league, very few players have those. The rest is just purple between 10-15 and every single players' attributes look same purple block unless you go in and look at everything in detail. Makes it difficult to assess player quality quickly.

3. The matchday tablet is not projected on the screen while the game is played. So, you can't see the opposition formation or league table while the game is going on. You have to click on the tablet and bring it on which pauses the game.

4. There are simplified training sets like Attacking, Defending, Technical etc. I actually like this simplified version compared to the PC version's detailed and complicated training. It doesn't give an option to schedule it though. So, if you want your team to do attacking for a day, defending the next day and set pieces before game day, you have to stop the game every day, change the schedule, move on and repeat. So, you end up just picking General. It defeats the purpose of having different training sets.

--------------------------------------

I really hope registration will be introduced to the console version. If that happens I'll switch to console version 100% but as its current condition I just can't find the same enjoyment as the PC version.

Hi All just started playing the touch version on my phone. Use to play the mobile version for many years but no real progress. I am struggling to sell any players? Is there a workaround? Also is there a player list with best wonderkids etc  and tactics that I can use similar to the mobile version?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This was the first FM in 25+ years that I didn't buy (but I did get a handful of 99p ultimate game pass monthly subscriptions...!), and after 6-8 weeks I realised - I'm definitely not the intended audience anymore.

Full fat went years ago for me, but I enjoyed my little Touch/Classic game, as an upgraded CM2, where I didn't have to think too much, and it ran along quickly. I longed for the ability to edit players' clubs above all else, then followed by the ability to add leagues. Instead, more and more "fluff" was added, and just letting other staff do things didn't really help - I could have done it better but was penalised for not wanting to.

I'm waiting for the mobile version to go on sale again, just in case I can get along with that (although if I could play that on my laptop I'd be ecstatic!). but realistically it's an end of an era for me.

From the 94/95 season onwards I've bought (bar this year, which was effectively a cheap rental!) every single CM/FM, but over the last 4-5 years my playing time has dropped off a cliff (from 1-1500 hours in 17/18 to 140 last year)

Which is fine - games can't be designed with everyone in mind, it's just a bit sad that one of the biggest pieces of my childhood and beyond will no longer be a part of my life. 

I know it's not a departure lounge, but please, after almost 30 years, indulge me!

On 07/11/2022 at 18:55, Desmond Richardson said:

Football Manager 2023 is OUT NOW! We're all super excited at SI Towers and hope you feel the same way too.

This thread is for a place for us to collate your feedback for Console & Touch. This thread will be read by lots of different members of the SI team. We may reply in some instances, as will the forum mods - but can't reply to everything.

The Bug Tracker is the place for any issues you find with the game. 

For any troubleshooting say for crashes or being unable to launch, read our FAQ's (Console / Touch).

We're looking for feedback across all areas of the game, but we're especially looking for feedback on our new features including our brand new player onboarding experience. 

What we try to ask every year is we please if you’re raising feedback, try and make it constructive. The full list of our traditional ground rules can be found below:

• Please try to keep any feedback constructive. That doesn't mean you can only be positive, but if you are going to be critical, at least give us your reasons. Help us to help you by giving details.
  • Respect other opinions. We don't expect everyone to agree but please take the time to read posts and respect their position. Even if they're wrong. Like REALLY wrong. 
  • Please take Tactical Discussion elsewhere. We've seen that these types of threads can see posts focused on the tactical side of the game and whilst this is interesting, it's much more appropriate discussion for our Tactics, Training and Strategies Discussion.
  • Don’t make it personal. Attacks and the like won’t be tolerated. SI Staff and our volunteer moderating team will engage where we can, but any abuse makes that much more unlikely.

Now please go away and start your first saves! We're excited to hear your feedback and most importantly, we're excited to see how you get on within your saves.

Can’t y’all make it like the console version where we can pay to increase the transfer budget and is the 200 transfer budget a one time thing on fm 23 touch?