The Official dafuge FM23 Challenge

Having spoken to @dafuge, he has said I can start this thread this year.  I think keeping the name "dafuge Challenge" is vital as it is what it is famous for.

The Aim

To take a small club who were previously unplayable in an unedited game from the Vanarama National League North/South to Premier League and Champions League glory.

The Rules

Start the game unemployed and choose the advanced setup. Like last year, you have the option of loading whatever leagues you like at the start and throughout the game. All of the boxes should be left unticked apart from 'do not add key staff' and 'prevent use of in-game editor'. It should look like this.

Just like previous years, the players for the newly playable clubs need to be added which can be done using the 'advanced' option on the database size. The players from the four feeder league have to be added, which looks like this (the other two are further down). You can also add anything else you like to increase the size of the database.

The extra levels of detail that you can change while in the game are up to you.

Add yourself as an unemployed manager, the details are not important at all. I like to call mine 'Holiday Man'.

Go on holiday until 25th May (this is when the promoted clubs are decided), save the game then go on holiday until 25th June (this is when the promoted clubs are revealed). Repeating these steps will give you a new set of clubs to pick from.

Retire your 'Holiday Man' manager allowing him to finish his career unbeaten.

Add a new manager, the personal details are completely up to you but I would expect people to use their own true nationalities and languages spoken.

Choose one of the new clubs promoted to the Vanarama North or South to manage. A quick way to check the new teams is to find the 'England Overview' screen, then the 'season summary'. Just above the FA Cup summary you should find a list of the nine newly promoted teams.

Coaching badges must be set to 'None', with past playing experience set as 'Sunday League Footballer'. The coaching attributes are completely up to you.

They should appear in this list which shows the reputation of the possible clubs. The reputation should act as a difficulty level. The lower the reputation, the harder your game should be.

Reputations for FM23

Isthmian League Premier Division

Club                        Reputation
--------------------------------------
Aveley                           1,750
Billericay Town                  2,450
Bishop's Stortford               2,100
Bognor Regis Town                1,950
Bowers & Pitsea                  1,550
Brightlingsea Regent             1,700
Canvey Island                    1,950
Carshaltan Athletic              2,000
Corinthian-Casuals               1,700
Cray Wanderers                   1,850
Enfield Town                     2,100
Folkestone Invicta               2,100
Haringey Borough                 1,900
Hastings United                  1,900
Herne Bay                        1,600
Hornchurch                       2,200
Horsham                          1,900
Kingstonian                      1,950
Lewes                            2,100
Margate                          1,950
Potters Bar Town                 1,550
Wingate & Finchley               1,750

Northern Premier League Premier Division

Ashton United                    1,950
Atherton Collieries              1,850
Bamber Bridge                    1,950
Belper Town                      1,700
FC United of Manchester          2,100
Gainsborough Trinity             1,950
Guiseley                         2,250
Hyde United                      1,900
Lancaster City                   1,950
Liversedge                       1,700
Marine                           1,900
Marske United                    1,700
Matlock Town                     2,000
Morpeth Town                     1,900
Nantwich Town                    1,950
Radcliffe                        1,900
South Shields                    2,150
Stafford Rangers                 1,950
Stalybridge Celtic               1,950
Warrington Town                  2,050
Warrington Rylands               1,750
Whitby Town                      2,000

Southern Football League Premier Division Central

AFC Rushden & Diamonds           1,600
Alvechurch                       1,600
Barwell                          1,850
Basford United                   1,950
Bedford Town                     1,450
Bromsgrove Sporting              1,500
Coalville Town                   1,800
Hednesford Town                  2,000
Hitchin Town                     2,000
Ilkeston Town                    1,900
Kings Langley                    1,850
Leiston                          1,800
Mickleover                       1,950
Needham Market                   1,850
Nuneaton Borough                 2,350
Redditch United                  1,900
Royston Town                     1,850
Rushall Olympic                  1,900
St. Ives Town                    1,750
Stourbridge                      2,000
Stratford Town                   1,750
Tamworth                         2,250

Southern Football League Premier Division South

Beaconsfield Town                1,600
Bracknell Town                   1,650
Chesham United                   2,250
Dorchester Town                  1,950
Gosport Borough                  2,200
Hanwell Town                     1,500
Harrow Borough                   1,850
Hartley Witney                   1,500
Hayes & Yeading United           2,050
Hendon                           2,200
Merthyr Town                     2,250
Metropolitan Police              1,950
North Leigh                      1,500
Plymouth Parkway                 1,250
Poole Town                       2,100
Salisbury                        2,250
Swindon Supermarine              1,650
Tiverton Town                    1,850
Truro City                       2,300
Weston-Super-Mare                2,100
Winchester City                  1,400
Yate Town                        1,450

It is now up to you to manage this club all the way to the Premier League title and UEFA Champions League crown. The challenge is complete once you have won both competitions, this does not need to happen in the same season.

You may not move clubs unless you are sacked. If you get sacked, you can either take over a newly promoted club that satisfies the original criteria (check the club's league history), or just start again.

Any form of international management is not allowed, until you have completed the challenge.

Assigning parent clubs and loaning players is completely up to the player, although it should be noted that on occasions a parent club can lend players which will make the first season or two slightly less of a challenge. It is completely up to you how you play this one. Personally, I like to assign a parent club for financial benefits but never take any players on loan from them.

To sign a player, you must be able to scout them, this doesn't mean you have to, just he must be accessible to your scouts. If you have a foreign player on a free transfer who is willing to come on trial, you do not need to be able to scout them, as long as you have them at the club on trial so you can get a coach report on him. If an agent offers you a player, you can sign him without scouting him.

No external utilities such as scouting programs should be used and the database should be unedited (with the exception of cosmetic changes which cannot be discussed here). Should SI release a data update, this would be allowed but any other data updates are not.

Use of save game editors is strictly banned, whatever the reason. Ticking that box at the start should see to this.

Rules for this Thread

Player naming is allowed.

General discussion on tactics is allowed, although people should not refer to downloaded tactics. They are not banned, but I would expect the majority of people to avoid them.

When you join the challenge, post a screenshot of your manager's profile on the 25th June like this.

Progress of your club should be documented using this thread, we want to hear the story of your club all the way through. Please keep us updated, even if you are doing really badly.

At the end of every season, could everyone post some kind of season review, including at least a screenshot of a league table and the clubs transfer page. If you give this a title in bold it makes it a bit easier to pick out.

How to Post a Screenshot

While in FM, press Alt and S
A picture will be saved to a screenshots folder, in the FM22 folder in your documents
Upload the image to an image hosting website such as Imgur
Post the direct Url to the image here.

Enjoy :)

Edited by DazRTaylor

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah man! Was going to reload until I got Walton Casuals again, but their club was folded in June this year. That's so sad... :( I think I'm going to try and get Hartley Wintney or North Leigh for a couple of days, and if I can't get them I'll go for Rushall or Cray Wanderers. Is it weird that I choose my teams based on their club colours? lol

Edited by fcunitedfan

I completed my FM21 challenge with Morpeth a few months ago. Didn't really get into FM22. 

I'm trying something else for starters in FM23 - But might come back to this later on! 

@MikaelSYou're doing Chippenham as always? ;) 

8 minutes ago, KVJ92 said:

I completed my FM21 challenge with Morpeth a few months ago. Didn't really get into FM22. 

I'm trying something else for starters in FM23 - But might come back to this later on! 

@MikaelSYou're doing Chippenham as always? ;) 

If I'm doing Dafuge Challenge, then no :) 

For testing purposes, I'm currently doing a Wrexham game. Quite enjoying it but I only have 1 league loaded, so might end up ditching it when I get promotion :)

7 minutes ago, KVJ92 said:

Makes sense since they're not playable in here - I just realised :D 

How is Wrexham with Ryan Reynolds as owner in game? :P 

Exactly ;)

Well, a good chunk of cash to begin with. And in Paul Mullin they have a beast up front - 24 games, 30 goals so far.

I did feel a bit proud when Ryan complimented me for being Manager of the Month :D

7 minutes ago, MikaelS said:

Exactly ;)

Well, a good chunk of cash to begin with. And in Paul Mullin they have a beast up front - 24 games, 30 goals so far.

I did feel a bit proud when Ryan complimented me for being Manager of the Month :D

Must feel nice! A screenshot and a thank you on Twitter/Instagram and he might do it for real ;):D:D

I've also encountered another problem with Cray. They're moved into a new stadium, but the stadium capacity is only 1500, with a potential expanded capacity of 2500. The Vanarama South rules are 3000 minimum stadium capacity.

Edited by fcunitedfan

So glad the Dafuge's Challenge is still happening, even without Dafuge at the helm. So, I've decided to jump in early, and I've taken over at Merthyr Town. It's time a Welsh team won the Premier League, and hopefully I can be the man to make that happen. The game reminded me that I'm 40 next year, which is rather depressing lol.

Edited by superdad

18 hours ago, DaddyPig86 said:

Feels like the end of an era without the man himself but glad to see it's still going. I checked and dafuge first posted this on here in FM08.

FM06 was the first one :)

And I've probably attempted this for at least a decade, only in the past two seasons (w/ 2K+ playtime in each version) have I actually completed it!  Came close in FM15 when I had a beast of a player come from my academy in my first year in charge of King's Lynn, scored more than 500 goals for the team, in every competition from VNN & VNS up to ECL (barring our sole appearance in the community shield).  Sadly, he was never good enough to represent England somehow!  Never completed in in FM15, that save is still held though as I might try to go back to it one day...as I recall, I'm in around 2033 or 2034, sitting 4th in EPL w/ a couple matches to play.  Haven't won either comp yet in that save.

Edited by G_D_K

Giving this a whirl with Warrington Rylands.

Surprisingly, we're not predicted to finish last, albeit toward the bottom. While the club's reputation is low, they did win the North West Counties Division One South in 2019, the FA Vase in 2021, and the Northern Premier League Division One West in 2022, so the somewhat respectable odds are maybe not entirely unwarranted. It seems the management team behind all that departed just this September so at least I won't have to feel bad about replacing them!

5 hours ago, Scab said:

Giving this a whirl with Warrington Rylands.

Surprisingly, we're not predicted to finish last, albeit toward the bottom. While the club's reputation is low, they did win the North West Counties Division One South in 2019, the FA Vase in 2021, and the Northern Premier League Division One West in 2022, so the somewhat respectable odds are maybe not entirely unwarranted. It seems the management team behind all that departed just this September so at least I won't have to feel bad about replacing them!

They have a low reputation, nice that you got them ! i'm still trying to get rushden but their reputation is very low :( 

6 hours ago, OlivierL said:

They have a low reputation, nice that you got them ! i'm still trying to get rushden but their reputation is very low :( 

Aye. Saw Rushden come up once during my reloading, so they're possible but definitely very rare.

I have started with Matlock Town. Rolled a bunch of saves and picked them because I didn't know anything about them :)

One season in already since I started with them the day after beta released- Edged out Kidderminster to win VNN, now in the offseason before we start National play.

Our two forwards were the catalyst to promotion as Hamzad Kargbo scored 42 goals in 39 matches (not as many headers as you would think) and Jorome Slew added 37 goals in 39 matches. We also found a good keeper for this level as Matty Alexander played well.

Lewes F.C. - Season 2023/2024

First season of the challenge. Everything is overhauled as we look to keep our heads above water in the National League South. I play an aggressive 4-2-3-1, it could be considered a form of Gegenpressing but it's not based off the in game style.

National League South

What was looking like a good campaign with an outside shot at the playoffs kicked into overdrive come February as we didn't lose a single game from then on. A late wobble saw us draw our last three games, finishing up tied with Maidstone and Dorking, our huge goal differential advantage secured the title with a game to spare.

FA Cup

We nearly managed to squeak into the First Round Proper but were beaten by Maidenhead 1-3 at home. after a couple of late goals.

FA Trophy

A decent run to the Third Round before we were beaten by Torquay 4-3 after another late goal.

Transfers

Too many to name or screenshot! Will hopefully be a little less cluttered next season.

Player of the Season

Hamzad Kargbo - A utility forward and central defender combo. Managed to score 12 goals and was named POTM 10 times with a big average rating of 7.53

Season    League                     Finish   Notes
2023/24   National League South      1st      Champions, Manager of the Year

Screenshot 2022-10-31 184849.png

Screenshot 2022-10-31 190242.png

Anyone else take days to finish their first preseason, due to scouring the market for bargains, staff signing, tactic making, training, and all that other stuff you have to do when you first take charge at a club? I've been in charge of Merthyr since Friday, and I'm only just getting close to the end of my first preseason in charge. :lol:

My first attempt this year.

Club Introduction

FC United of Manchester

F.C. United of Manchester - Wikipedia

The Manager

This is me.

GR5borJ.png

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications     Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                 1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Youth Level  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Basic                Basic                  4       Adequate              Fairly Basic     Basic              Local   (1.00*)

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer Purchase Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Purchased From          Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     F.A. Cup                    League Cup        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

spacer.png

Warrington Rylands 2023/24 Season Review

League Table    Squad    Transfers    Finances

'Could hardly wish for a better start! We looked shaky at first and were no better than 12th in November but found our footing over the Christmas period and seemed to carry that momentum through the rest of the season all the way to 1st. Narrow wins away to Darlington and Altrincham — our main competition at the top of the table — eventually opened a point-gap and we ended up champions on the road vs St. Albans with two games still to play!

The following home game was chosen as a fan day which apparently was a great success so fingers crossed our average attendance — currently a smidge below 600 — will see a bump. :thup:

I actually thought Rylands' starting squad was quite good, but not completely without holes and the board wanted U23 signings so a few new faces found their way in. Scales is probably the best of the bunch, but Richards, Leake, and Clarke — the only "over-age" arrival — proved to be excellent additions as well.

The main highlights, however, must be Callum Dolan and Nicky Wheeler from the original squad, the former netting 45 goals and the latter 20 assists. Brown and McCourt were also responsible for some 20-odd goal contributions each charging through the middle, so I'm quite happy to have multiple positions working well already.

Aim for next season: Establish ourselves in the National League. I just want to feel comfortable with the quality of opposition and go from there. I may also have promised some training ground improvements that we can't actually afford, so let's see how that goes down... :D

Season    League           Finish   Notes
2023/24   Vanarama North   1st      League winners

End of Season Review

Season 2023/24

FC United of Manchester

F.C. United of Manchester - Wikipedia

Season Summary

We were exceptional in the league and very poor in both of the cups.  Overall, it was a triumphant season.

Season Details

League Table - We were top early on after a superb start to the season and we never looked back, securing promotion and the league title with two games remaining.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - We were very consistent and secured many narrow wins.

F. A. Cup - We went out at the fourth qualifying round stage to fellow sixth tier outfit Darlington in a replay as two draws resulted in a penalty shoot out, where we fell short.

F. A. Trophy - Very disappointing.  We lost in a second round replay away against another Vanarama National League North side in Altrincham to go out at the first time of asking.

Friendlies - It was a tough pre season campaign as I challenged the squad against quite a few Football League sides.

Squad - I feel we are good enough for the playoffs though with the right additions we can challenge again.

Squad Dynamics - It is rather good.

Transfers In 1 & 2 - I overhauled the squad with free transfers and loans.

Transfers Out - All of the old guard departed to other clubs on free transfers.

Youth Candidates - Attacking midfielder George McLeod YP24A1 is the brightest prospect out of a fairly decent intake.

Finances - After a good profit this year, our bank balance is rather healthy.

Key Players

Kamil Conteh - Originall signed a back up, the Sierra Leoneon international made a starting place in central midfield his own.

Manni Norkett - Our main strike,r his return of 29 goals in 51 appearances was exceptional.

Ronny Nelson - The central defender was an absolute rock.

Ben Hammond - The teenage Welsh defender formed an excellent partnership with Ronny Nelson.

Hary Wallis - Playing in central midfield, he was very consistent.

Next Season

I feel a top four finish is not beyind us.

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications     Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                 1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2023/24    Minimal = (1.00*) ↑   National C ↑         5 ↑   5 ↑   2 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   5 ↑   5 ↑   5 ↑   4 =   1 =   4 ↑   4 ↑   5 ↑   4 ↑   4 ↑   5 ↑

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Youth Level  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
At Start   Basic                Basic                  4       Adequate              Fairly Basic     Basic              Local   (1.00*)
2023/24    Basic =              Basic =                4 =     Adequate =            Adequate     ↑↑  Average ↑↑         Local = (1.00*) =

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2023/24      53        31       15        7          104             50                 +54              58.49%

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
2023/24          53        31       15        7         104              50                 +54               58.49%            314 days

Transfer Purchase Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Purchased From          Country                   Transfer Fee

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee

Trophy Haul

2023/24    Vanarama National League North

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------
1 x Vanarama National League North (2023/24)

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     F.A. Cup                    League Cup        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2023/24           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League North        1st       Fourth Qualifying Round         N/a           Promoted as champions.  F. A. Trophy second round.

5 hours ago, Crispypaul said:

Full game is out - I'm going to wait until a licence fix is out then start :thup:

License fix? What do you mean?

Edit: Ignore this. I'm dumb lol. There's a license fix on the FM Scout website for FM23.

Edited by superdad

Lewes F.C. - Season 2024/25

National League here we come. Objectives? Get our feet wet in this division and get the temperature of the division without becoming too hot under the collar at the bottom of the table.

National League

Table

Transfers

An up and down campaign until the last couple of months where we went on a lengthy unbeaten streak from January until the end of the season. Promising stuff, and it landed us in mid table well outside of any danger.

FA Cup

A big cup run. A win against fellow non league Oldham in the first round set up a tasty tie at home on TV with Charlton Athletic in the Second Round. We led the Addicks from the 18th minute onwards through a Kargbo penalty, but an equalizer in the 80th minute forced a replay.

The replay was an ill tempered affair. Kieron Freeman was sent off for Charlton at 1-1 on the 37th minute and we took the lead on the 57th minute, only to be dragged back ten minutes later.

Ultimately, it went to penalties and our CM Harrison Dudziak missed the decider, a disappointing end to our time in the competition, but a profitable journey.

FA Trophy

Reeling from the loss to Charlton, we were dumped out with a whimper 1-2 to Ebbsfleet at home in the Third Round in the first game after the FA Cup Replay.

Transfer of the Season

Liam Cross - Can play literally anywhere across the front of the pitch and usually did, although he didn't make tons of appearances he filled in where he needed to well. Probably not good enough to really cut it at this level though.

Player of the Season

Hamzad Kargbo - His Avg. Rating dipped to 7.17 against tougher competition but he improved his goal tally to 16 on 6 fewer appearances. Another great season for him.

Season    League                     Finish   Notes
2023/24   National League South      1st      Champions, Manager of the Year
2024/25   National League            14th      

Club Introduction

Kings Langley

mItvaZq.png

The Manager

This is me.

qep0rPM.png

Personal Contract

Season     Contract Start Date     Contract Expiry Date     Pre Tax Wage     Post Tax Wage
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start          25 June 2023             30 June 2024         £750 p/w          £575 p/w

Personal Coaching Data

Club Facilities

At Start   Adequate             Poor                   0       Basic                 Basic            Limited            Local   (1.00*)

Season Record

Overall Career Record

Transfer Purchase Record

Transfer Sale Record

Trophy Haul

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Career Overview

Edited by DazRTaylor

1 hour ago, DazRTaylor said:

Club Introduction

Kings Langley

mItvaZq.png

The Manager

This is me.

qep0rPM.png

Personal Contract

Season     Contract Start Date     Contract Expiry Date     Pre Tax Wage     Post Tax Wage
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2023/24           25 June 2023             30 June 2024         £750 p/w          £575 p/w

Personal Coaching Data

Club Facilities

At Start   Adequate             Poor                   0       Basic                 Basic            Limited            Local   (1.00*)

Season Record

Overall Career Record

Transfer Purchase Record

Transfer Sale Record

Trophy Haul

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Career Overview

Good luck with the save

spacer.png

Warrington Rylands 2024/25 Season Review

League Table    Playoffs    Squad    Transfers    Finances

Another shaky start we had to dig ourselves out of as the season progressed. Not all the way to the top this time around, but 3rd and a ticket to the Playoff Semi will do! Started well with a narrow but deserved 2-1 win over Rochdale, a team we'd lost both ties to in the regular season, but I already had a bad feeling when our other bogey team, Yeovil Town, awaited us in the final (0-2 home, 0-3 away). Predictably, they proved too much. 0-1 in the 85th minute followed by a sending-off in the 86th sealed the deal, but at least we managed to match them for most of the game and played with good mentality throughout. That gives me confidence that this team can deal with these sort of matches — we just need a bit more quality.

Otherwise, the biggest change this season was a tactical move to an out-and-out target man. After only managing a single win in our first seven matches, conceding 2-4 goals a match while barely scoring ourselves, the old approach just had to go. I'd already noticed Dolan averaging ~20 aerial challenges /90 last season as an AF despite us playing short and low, so considering we always struggle when opponents park a Jumping+Strength monster up top, I figured trying to make something of all these loose balls forward wouldn't be the worst idea. In came Matt Smith, basically the definition of an immobile tower of a man being a nuisance up front, and, well... I'd say it worked! What he doesn't score himself he nods down for team mates to do something with. We can be a bit one-dimensional, but I can't argue with the results!

Actually managed to get decent money for Richards as multiple League One sides came for him. Money that immediately disappeared into the hole that is our mid-season finances... Would've been nice to have for replacements as I had to deal with a couple of bad long-term injuries, but what can you do. At least new CB pairing Olagunju and Washington proved solid and getting McNamara between the sticks has been a massive improvement over Appleyard. A better attacker or two to make runs around Smith is just about all I'm looking for now.

Oh, and I finally got some new training facilities approved thanks to the income from the Playoff Final, and it's a good thing because this is my Promises screen. Crisis averted? :D

Aim for next season: Playoff spot or better. I think we can hang up here.

Season    League              Finish   Notes
2024/25   Vanarama National   3rd      Lost in Playoff Final
2023/24   Vanarama North      1st      League winners

End of Season Review

Season 2023/24

Kings Langley

mItvaZq.png

Season Summary

An excellent campaign in the league where a playoff victory ensured the club reached the Vanarama National League for the first time in the clubs history.  The less said about the cups, the better.

Season Details

League Table - We simply drew far too many games we really should of won and this cost us any realistic chance of automatic promotion.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - Our form from March onwards was sensational and makes me think of what might had been had we discovered this form earlier.

Promotion Playoffs - A very narrow win over Fylde in the semi final set up a playoff final against Kidderminster Harriers, where we won another narrow game by one goal to nil to secure promotion to the fifth tier.

F. A. Cup - We crashed out at the third qualifying round away to Horsham, who play in the tier below us.  Desperately disappointing.

F. A. Trophy - An appalling performance away to Bromley, who play in the league above, at the fifth round stage eliminated us from the competition.

Friendlies - It was a mixed bag of results against some very tough opponents.

Squad - We have a very strong squad that I feel can challenge again.

Squad Dynamics - This is lovely.

Transfers In 1, 2 & 3 - I completely overhauled the squad as many free transfers and a sprinkling of loans arrived at the club.

Transfers Out - I allowed quite a few players to leave on free transfers, including new arrivals who underperformed.

Youth Candidates - Left sided midfielder Hasan Alargić is supposed to be the best player out of this years intake though the intake is so poor, no one will be taken on.

Finances - We are in the black by whisker and this is thanks to the board regularly injecting cash into the club.

Key Players

Max Sanders - Having only arrived at the club in February, the midfielder quickly established himself as a key player for the club.

Taylor Perry - Another post Christmas arrival, the midfielder had a terrific second half of the campaign.

Alex Kirk - The centre back was our best defender by some distance.

Lee Harkin - The Irish under 19 international is comfortable on either wing as well as up front and he enjoyed a fine season.

Leigh Kavanagh - Another Irishman, the former under 17 international formed a terrific partnership at the back with Alex Kirk.

Next Season

I think we can push for the playoffs again.

Personal Contract

At start          25 June 2023             30 June 2024         £750 p/w          £575 p/w
2023/24          25 March 2024             30 June 2025         £675 p/w ↓        £525 p/w ↓

Personal Coaching Data

2023/24    Minimal = (1.00*) ↑   National C ↑         5 ↑   5 ↑   2 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   4 ↑   4 ↑   5 ↑   4 =   1 =   4 ↑   5 ↑   5 ↑   5 ↑   5 ↑   5 ↑

Club Facilities

2023/24    Adequate =           Poor =                 0 =     Basic =               Basic =          Limited =          Local = (1.00*) =

Season Record

2023/24      55        32       15        8          129             61                 +68              58.18%

Overall Career Record

2023/24          55        32       15        8         129              61                 +68               58.18%            327 days

Transfer Purchase Record

Transfer Sale Record

17 January 2024    Usman Maduako             Central Defender       Blackpool                    England                         £1,400
11 February 2024   Jem Hewlett               Central Defender       Chesterfield                 England                         £5,000

Trophy Haul

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Career Overview

2023/24           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League North        2nd       Third Qualifying Round         N/a            Promoted vis promotion playoffs.  F. A. Trophy fifth round.

Edited by DazRTaylor

image.png.e3407cc5968a0b47de71fe89152753d2.png

image.png.f584c613331ff34dc9b6048f92d74890.png

Matlock Town 2024-25 (2nd season, 1st Season Vanarama National)

It was a great season for us with one exception, as the Board sold Hamzad Kargbo away at midseason (he had 15 goals in 17 matches, with 4 assists and 7 Player of the Matches). We were able to overcome that with the signing of Kyle Hudlin (though he missed the first 4 months of the season after being treated by Specialist for shin splints). Hudlin had 16 goals in 19 appearances in the second half of the season. Yusuf Akhamrich continued his dynamic development after we signed him after he was released by Tottenham as the quick forward added 21 goals and 7 assists in 33 matches. Jorome Slew chipped in with 11 goals and 4 assists in 33 matches. Other helpful signings were Noam Emeran (free from ManU) with 8 assists, Ranel Young (from Liverpool) 8 assists, Favour Fawunmi (from West Ham) 6 assists, Scott Holding (from Watford) 7.28 in DC and Daniel Maher (from Everton) 7.60 with 7 POM in DC and Toby Onanaye (from Leicester) as BWM in midfield. We also got the good news we turn Professional as we move to League 2 play.

As per usual I have already played a bit but I am bad at committing to a save before I get things going. Anyways I have done this journey before with this team so it was an easy pick - South Shields

Untitled.png

Here we go!

Playing as Guiseley.. which is great fun as I have a season ticket at Guiseley, and a point to prove as I watched them getting beaten at home twice this week so I have a lot of work to do. Funnily enough, the two best players in the FM squad Jorge Sikora and Lewis Hey barely get a game in real life.. although the rest of the squad are about right.