The Official dafuge FM23 Challenge

Folkestone Invicta FC - 2031/32, 2032/33, and 2033/34

(Premier League)

spacer.png

Hello there, long time no see!

To celebrate my return (I'm just overexaggerating a tiny bit here), I decided to wrap up three seasons at once (both in here and in my corresponding blog post).

2031/32 summary:

It was a pretty comfortable first season back in the Premier League, especially considering that we were relegated straight away back when we first made it to the Prem in 2028/29.

In the end, we finished 9th, missing out on European football by just three points (thanks to only winning one of our final five league games). No tactical tweaks compared to the promotion season, very few changes to the squad, too. Bank balance sitting pretty at 87M€, with sales bringing in ~190M€ and the transfer spend being around 165M€. Top scorer (again) was Wade Henfrey with 21 league goals.

2032/33 summary:

A worse season in terms of points accumulated compared to 2031/32, but - ironically - we actually finished 8th, one place higher than the previous season (an honourable mention goes to Palace, the poor guys broke Derby's lowest points total in a Prem season). Again, the points total could have been a fair bit higher if I hadn't experimented with a pretty attacking-minded 4-2-4 to start the season before going back to the 4-4-2 I used previously (albeit with one or two role changes). Still, we made it to the Europa Conference League qualifiers thanks to our league finish. This time, ~160M€ were spent on signings and 250M€ received for player sales, meaning the balance increased to 135M€.There wasn't a stand-out top scorer this time around as Henfrey went missing for all but two or three games, scoring just six times in total. On a side note, we brought in a new club record signing in Ivo Loenen, an Elite Winger from the Netherlands, for 55M€.

2033/34 summary:

Rather surprisingly, we first got knocked out of the bloody Conference League qualifiers before being involved in a three horse title race in the Prem, which lasted until our Mexican talisman striker - who was only signed as a backup ahead of the season - got injured with six games to go. This run-in included a crucial match against fellow title challengers ManCity and also saw us face other clubs from the "big six". In the end, the third horse (Newcastle) won the title and we were lucky to only drop down to 4th following a shocking finish to the league campaign (1 W, 1 D, 4 Ls from these final six games). We'll be playing Champions League football next season, yet I still feel robbed to a certain extent. Either way, we go again next season, probably with the same tactic or just some slight tweaks. In terms of finances, ~130M€ were spent on signings and ~185M€ recouped from sales. Bank balance is now at 159M€. Some stadium upgrades over the course of these three seasons saw the new stadium move up to a 26.700 capacity. Rather frustatingly, we still can't upgrade the youth facilities beyond four stars, despite having the highest possible academy level (and also the necessary resources)... Any tips/tricks here?:confused:

Link to the more in-depth three season wrap up blog (also includes more player related screenshots) : https://oakyfm.wordpress.com/2023/05/01/up-the-invicta-9-back-in-the-big-time/

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a false start previously with this challenge. I took Guiseley to League One, unfortunately they sacked me.. wasn't even in the relegation zone.

I've been waiting about a decade to play as Hasting United. I had some really good games with them on this challenge in 2011 or 2012ish. Always very fond of the them but they got relegated from the Southern Premier and it's taken a long time for them to make their way back. Annoyingly they were top of the league when Covid meant the season was ended prematurely and promotion/relegation at that level voided.

In the mean time, I went past the ground and got a decent picture of it for my backgrounds pack which is what can be seen in my profile pic. It's a really pretty little ground.

Hastings United

Hastings_United_F.C._2020_logo.png.ba6ec77d45281baf156589813e3c1dbd.png

National League South - 2023/24 – 1st

Squad

Transfers

Overview

Promotion wasn’t very expected and with a limited wage budget I had an expectation that putting together a team to push at the top of the table would be out of reach this season. I put together a reasonable side but it was weak in a number of positions. A few players signed who could be useful but particularly in defence I was filling gaps.

We were decent from the off and with ex-Crystal Palace striker Rob Street registering regularly we hung around the top spots. Once in a while we went top but patchy form never kept us there long.

Going into the run in we were some way off the pace but four wins and two draws from six games put us a point ahead of Ebbsfleet at the top of the table ahead of the final game. We needed to win away at Slough to guarantee promotion. In the end we dominated but couldn’t score and the game ended 0-0. Ebbsfleet meanwhile however had thrown away a two goal lead so could only draw 2-2 with Weston-Super-Mare. We were promoted. My aims had been the play-offs so I was delighted with this. Lots of work to do for next season though.

Key Players

Rob Street41 goals was an impressive return for the striker picked up after his release from Crystal Palace

Connor LawlessAn impressive season from the ex-Reading and Luton winger scoring 11 goals in 30 games on top of 17 assists.

Record

Season          League                          Position          Europe                        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2023/24         National League North           1st                                             Champions, Promoted

image.png.a85794b44886762ec8705d4c6764d11e.png

South Shields FC

Dafuge Challenge

2024-25 Season, 18th in Vanarama N/S

Table - Transfers - History

Overview:

This is my second season with South Shields. First season we finished 8th place, this season we finished 18th, a massive step back. Anyway, let's see what transfers we did.

Transfers:

We didn't do many transfers at all this season. Our best transfer was Liam Brockbank, a player who formerly played for Altrincham. Our only loan was Brandon Njoku, who could definitely also be considered our best transfer as well. Njoku had six goals this year for us, a decent enough year.

Key Players:

Micheal Folivi - Top Goalscorer with eight goals, not much else to say honestly

Alex Babos - Had a Average Rating of 7.05 along with 12 assists, our best player for the season by far in my opinion

History:

2023-24 - Vanarama National League N/S - 8th

2024-25 - Vanarama National League N/S - 18th

Edited by jrobertgordon13

16 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

I have kept my eye on this challenge this year and to give me a break from the Youth Only challenge, here I go.

Club Introduction

Clifton All Whites

Clifton All Whites FM21 Guide - Football Manager 2021 Team Guides

The Manager

This is me.

7Pa3MfD.png

Personal Contract

Season     Contract Start Date     Contract Expiry Date     Pre Tax Wage     Post Tax Wage
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start          27 June 2022             30 June 2023          £50 p/w           £50 p/w

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications     Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                 1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Youth Level  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Poor                 Poor                   0       Basic                 Basic            Limited            Obscure   (0.50*)

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer Purchase Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Purchased From          Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     F.A. Cup                    League Cup        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Challenge Overview

Season     Competition Won                    Points Awarded          Cumulative Points
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think you're in the wrong thread or is there something I'm missing here?

Hastings United

National League - 2024/25 – 4th

Squad

Transfers

Overview

Although we were unsuccessful in attaining a second successive promotion, we were predicted to be fighting relegation so ultimately the season was a success. With the team made up mainly of young players released from the big six the previous summer we definitely had some talent. Unfortunately the squad was small and just as we started to play really well we ran out of steam. Without adequate cover in defence I struggled to give players the rest they needed and I struggled to find players to bring in.

With three wins in the final three days, we managed a fourth place finish which gave us home advantage in the first round of the play-offs. We dispatched Bromley 3-1 in the first round setting up a semi away at Gillingham. A solid performance but no goals saw us go to extra time. In the 110th minute attacking midfielder Harrison Dudziak scored to put a within touch of the final. Five minutes later however Gillingham levelled and we lost the penalty shootout 5-4.    

Key Players

Thierry Nevers9 goals and 6 assists was a decent return from the ex-West Ham winger.

Harrison DuzdiakSigned from Arsenal on a free, the 19 year old Attacking Midfielder scored 10 goals.

Record

Season          League                          Position          Europe                        Achievements

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2023/24         National League North           1st                                             Champions, Promoted

2024/25         National League North           4th                                             Play-off Semi-Finalists

2023/24         National League North           1st                                             Champions, Promoted
2024/25         National League North           4th                                             Play-off Semi-Finalists

Just loaded up a game to do this for the first time (been playing since 98').

1st time checking teams promoted and I cant believe South Shields are predicted to come 2nd after being promoted to the National League North? Little crazy, they also have 2.5 star youth setup.

I don't want to pick them as its not the challenge i'm expecting... but I also can't bring myself to pick another team :D so i am reholidaying from May 25th to June 25th in the hope South Shields dont get promoted!!

Are South Shields OP in everyone elses saves?

I always have a cheeky attempt at this with FC United.

Club Introduction

FC United of Manchester

Home | FC United of Manchester

The Manager

This is me.

UcqEKsc.png

Personal Contract

Season     Contract Start Date     Contract Expiry Date     Pre Tax Wage     Post Tax Wage
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start          25 June 2023             30 June 2024         £750 p/w          £575 p/w

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications     Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                 1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Youth Level  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
At Start   Basic                Basic                  4       Adequate              Fairly Basic     Basic              Local   (1.00*)

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club

Transfer Purchase Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Purchased From          Country                   Transfer Fee

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee

Trophy Haul

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     F.A. Cup                    League Cup        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by DazRTaylor

End of Season Review

Season 2023/24

FC United of Manchester

Season Summary

A league win, promotion and two good cup runs represent an excellent campaign.

Season Details

League Table - We secured over one hundred points as we were clearly the best side in the division.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - We started slowly though soon found our feet and eventually dominated the division.

F. A. Cup - We were eventually eliminated by League Two outfit Tranmere Rovers in the second round on their patch.  We missed a glorious opportunity of reaching round three.

F. A. Trophy - It was another good cup run before unexpectedly losing away to struggling sixth tier side Radcliffe in the fifth round.

Friendlies - We endured a mixed bag of results during pre season.

Squad - We have a lot of quality and this will only improve.

Squad Dynamics - After such a good season, this is as good as you would expect.

Transfers In 1 & 2 - I significantly improved the squad by signed some quality free transfers whilst also maximising the loan market.

Transfers Out - I primarily moved on some fringe players.

Youth Candidates - Capable of playing on either wing, Nyal Pett YP24A1 is the best prospect out of a reasonably good intake.

Finances - We made a very handsome profit this year.

Key Players

Caolan McBride - The Irish right winger was originally signed as a squad player but he soon made himself an automatic choice.

Ethan Fitzhugh - Playing on the left wing, he was immense.

Owen Hesketh - The central midfielder orchestrated much of what we did well.

Ben Andreucci - A return of 45 goals in 52 appearances represents a terrific first season as our main front man.

Eric Hanbury - Whilst he wasn't very busy, our goalkeeper was always reliable.

Next Season

I honestly believe we can go back to back and secure another promotion.

Personal Contract

At start          25 June 2023             30 June 2024         £750 p/w          £575 p/w
2023/24           1 March 2024             30 June 2025         £800 p/w ↑        £625 p/w ↑

Personal Coaching Data

2023/24    Minimal = (1.00*) ↑   National B      ↑↑   6 ↑   6 ↑   3 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   6 ↑   6 ↑   5 ↑   4 =   1 =   5 ↑   5 ↑   6 ↑  11 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑

Club Facilities

At Start   Basic                Basic                  4       Adequate              Fairly Basic     Basic              Local   (1.00*)
2023/24    Basic =              Basic                  4 =     Adequate =            Adequate     ↑↑  Average ↑↑         Local = (1.00*) =

Season Record

2023/24      56        40        8        8          134             56                 +78              71.43%

Overall Career Record

2023/24          56        40        8        8         134              56                 +78               71.43%            314 days

Transfer Purchase Record

Transfer Sale Record

3 July 2023        Dan Lavercombe            Goalkeeper             Portsmouth                   England                         £5,000

Trophy Haul

2023/24    Vanarama National League North

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------
1 x Vanarama National League North (2023/24)

Career Overview

2023/24           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League North        1st       Second Round                    N/a           Promoted as champions.  F. A. Trophy fifth round.

Edited by DazRTaylor

End of Season Review

Season 2024/25

FC United of Manchester

Season Summary

A tremendous season where we dominated the league though fell just short in the F. A. Trophy.

Season Details

League Table - We were top for almost the entire campaign.  We won the league title by a huge twenty four points.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - We dominated and didn't lose a game after mid December.

F. A. Cup - We were abysmal in losing at home in a shock defeat to Stalybridge Celtic from the seventh tier in the fourth qualifying round.

F. A. Trophy - We made it all the way to the final were held by Yeovil Town which took the game to penalties.  Alas, we missed out on a double in the cruellest of ways.

Friendlies - We endured another mixed bag of results.

Squad - We are exceptional and I fully expect us to challenge for promotion again.

Squad Dynamics - As good as you would expect.

Transfers In 1, 2 & 3 - I spent a total of £60,000 in improving the squad as added some real quality.

Transfers Out 1, 2 & 3 - Over £200,000 was raised in player sales, together with a lot of youngsters going out on loan constituted our departures this season.

Youth Candidates - It was a decent intake with defensive midfielder Eamon Whitty YP25C8 being the brightest prospect.

Finances - We made a healthy profit again and have started to reinvest this in the club's facilities.

Key Players

Connor Shields - He really stepped up this year as a return of xx goals in xx appearances proves.

James Olayinka - Arriving in January, the central midfielder has yet to taste defeat at the club in the league.

Joe White - An unsung hero, the versatile midfielder was exceptional.

Roman Quintyne - Signed on loan for the season from top flight Everton, the right back was our best loan acquisition this year.

James Clarridge - The central defender was another successful loan addition as he was both reliable and consistent.  It is a shame second tier Nottingham Forest want him back to be honest!

Next Season

Another promotion should be on the cards.

Personal Contract

2023/24           1 March 2024             30 June 2025         £800 p/w ↑        £625 p/w ↑
2024/25            31 May 2024             30 June 2026         £850 p/w ↑        £650 p/w ↑

Personal Coaching Data

2023/24    Minimal = (1.00*) ↑   National B      ↑↑   6 ↑   6 ↑   3 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   6 ↑   6 ↑   5 ↑   4 =   1 =   5 ↑   5 ↑   6 ↑  11 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑
2024/25    Minimal = (2.50*) ↑   Continental B  ↑↑↑  10 ↑  10 ↑   6 ↑   2 ↑   1 =   1 =  10 ↑   9 ↑  10 ↑   4 =   1 =   8 ↑   8 ↑   9 ↑  20 ↑  10 ↑  10 ↑

Club Facilities

2023/24    Basic =              Basic                  4 =     Adequate =            Adequate      ↑↑ Average    ↑↑      Local = (1.00*) =
2024/25    Basic =              Basic                  4 =     Adequate =            Exceptional  ↑↑↑ Excellent ↑↑↑      Local = (1.50*) ↑

Season Record

2023/24      56        40        8        8          134             56                 +78              71.43%
2024/25      53        43        6        4          135             44                 +91              81.13% ↑

Overall Career Record

2023/24          56        40        8        8         134              56                 +78               71.43%            314 days
2024/25         109        83       14       12         269             100                +169               76.15% ↑          700 days

Transfer Purchase Record

16 January 2025    Lewis Carville            Central Midfield       South Shields                England                        £30,000

Transfer Sale Record

3 July 2023       Dan Lavercombe            Goalkeeper             Portsmouth                   England                         £5,000
 1 July 2024       Caolan McBride            Right Wing             Ipswich Town                 England                       £125,000

Trophy Haul

2024/25    Vanarama National League

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------
1 x Vanarama National League (2024/25)

Career Overview

2023/24           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League North        1st       Second Round                    N/a           Promoted as champions.  F. A. Trophy fifth round.
2024/25           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League              1st ↑     Fourth Qualifying Round ↓       N/a           Promoted as champions.  F. A. Trophy runners up.

Edited by DazRTaylor

End of Season Review

Season 2025/26

FC United of Manchester

Season Summary

We were once again all conquering in the league and enjoyed three good cup runs too which equate a tremendous season.

Season Details

League Table - We were so good, we went top early on and never looked back.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - We were dominent from the start of the season and just kept winning.

F. A. Cup - Despite dominating Bristol Rovers, from League One, at home in the fourth round, we somehow lost by four goals to nil.

Carabao Cup - Manchester City were far too strong on their own patch, but not before we made it through to the quarter final.  Knocking out Arsenal on penalties, at the Emirates, is the obvious highlight.

Papa Johns Trophy - We topped our group and made it through to the third round before losing away to local rivals Salford City from the division above.

Friendlies - Losing only three matches, all against clubs much higher in the pyramid than us, was very pleasing.

Squad - We are already good enough for a promotion playoff spot I think, though I am targetting a few key additions to make the next step.

Squad Dynamics - As good as you would expect.

Transfers In 1, 2 & 3 - £100,000 was spent on loan fees as the quality of player that came into the club rose significantly.

Transfers Out 1, 2, 3 & 4 - Just under £500,000 was raised in player sales as fringe players left and youngsters departed on loan for some much needed football.

Youth Candidates - It was an average intake with central defender Matt Green YP26C15 being the brightest prospect.

Finances - We lost quite a lot of money this year so I may need to sell players in order to balance the books.

Key Players

James Olayinka - The central midfielder enjoyed another exceptional campaign.

Jonathan Rowe - Comfortable on either wing, the 23 year old was brought in December to add some depth.  His form was so good, he was quickly an automatic selection.

Givaldo - The first of two Brazilian teenage loanees, the right winger was excellent.

Santos - The second Brazilian is a central defender and was easily our best player in the back four.

Scott Hulse - On loan from Liverpool, the Welsh Under 21 international centre half formed a formidable partnership with Santos.

Next Season

Another promotion should be on the cards.

Personal Contract

2024/25            31 May 2024             30 June 2026         £850 p/w ↑        £650 p/w ↑
2025/26            1 June 2025             30 June 2027         £900 p/w ↑        £675 p/w ↑

Personal Coaching Data

2024/25    Minimal = (2.50*) ↑   Continental B  ↑↑↑  10 ↑  10 ↑   6 ↑   2 ↑   1 =   1 =  10 ↑   9 ↑  10 ↑   4 =   1 =   8 ↑   8 ↑   9 ↑  20 ↑  10 ↑  10 ↑
2025/26    Nominal ↑ (3.00*) ↑   Continental A    ↑  11 ↑  11 ↑   7 ↑   2 =   1 =   1 =  11 ↑  10 ↑  11 ↑   4 =   1 =   9 ↑   9 ↑  10 ↑  20 =  12 ↑  11 ↑

Club Facilities

At Start   Basic                Basic                  4       Adequate              Fairly Basic     Basic              Local      (1.00*)
2023/24    Basic =              Basic         ↑        4 =     Adequate =            Adequate      ↑↑ Average    ↑↑      Local    = (1.00*) =
2024/25    Basic =              Basic         ↑        4 =     Adequate =            Exceptional  ↑↑↑ Excellent ↑↑↑      Local    = (1.50*) ↑
2025/26    Basic =              Below Average ↑        4 =     Adequate =            Exceptional    = Excellent   =      Regional ↑ (1.50*) =

Season Record

2024/25      53        43        6        4          135             44                 +91              81.13% ↑
2025/26      60        49        6        5          166             53                +113              81.67% ↑

Overall Career Record

2024/25         109        83       14       12         269             100                +169               76.15% ↑          700 days
2025/26         169       132       20       17         435             153                +282               78.11% ↑        1,049 days

Transfer Purchase Record

16 January 2025    Lewis Carville            Central Midfield       South Shields                England                        £30,000
19 June 2025       James Clarridge           Central Defence        Nottingham FOrest            England                        £79,000

Transfer Sale Record

3 July 2023       Dan Lavercombe            Goalkeeper             Portsmouth                   England                         £5,000
 1 July 2024       Caolan McBride            Right Wing             Ipswich Town                 England                       £125,000
24 July 2025       Connor Shields            Right Wing/Striker     AFC Wimbledon                England                       £170,000

Trophy Haul

2025/26    Sky Bet League Two

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------
1 x Sky Bet League Two (2025/26)

Career Overview

2024/25           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League              1st ↑     Fourth Qualifying Round ↓       N/a           Promoted as champions.  F. A. Trophy runners up.
2025/26           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Sky Bet League Two                    1st ↑     Fourth Round            ↑   Quarter Final     Promoted as champions.  Papa Johns Trophy third round.

Edited by DazRTaylor

Hastings United

National League - 2025/26 – 1st

Squad

Transfers

Overview

Promotion to the league was achieved from the National League at the second attempt. We definitely had a very strong side which was always going to be able to challenge. The main issue was a number of square pegs in round holes. For instance, Jamie Mullins is an attacking midfielder/striker better suited to a creative role but due to my lack of a striker played as a poacher. He did okay but would have been much better suited in a deeper role. Another example was central midfielder Kian Leavy who played as an inverted winger and did okay but would have been better in the centre.

We were very effective and a good start helped us. We didn’t lose a game until mid-November and always recovered when we did lose. We never lost more than a single game in a month. The strength of our defence in the end saw us through with only 25 goals conceded. We accrued 95 points but only Mullins up front scored in double figures.

Beyond this, we took League One Oxford to an FA Cup 1st round replay with a 1-1 draw at their place but ultimately lost the home replay 2-0.

Key Players

Bobby Kwarma The 26 year old winger played 81 games for Wimbledon before signing. Not a prolific scorer from the left wing but did well.

Kaidan WilsonThe lynch pin of a strong defence. The ex-Chelsea youngster was impressive at the back.

Record

2025/26         National League                 1st                                             Champions, Promoted

Hastings United

League Two - 2026/27 – 2nd

Squad

Transfers

Overview

A second successive promotion was achieved but not another league title. Despite accruing 99 points we came up against a strong Woking side who also put in 99 points and had a marginally better goal difference. Last seasons strong defence was complimented with additional attacking options. Two strikers came in to compete for the one place leading the line. Abu Kamara and Mipo Obudeko both scored in double figures with a combined 39 goals. Standout was Man City youngster Lakyle Samuel who was a centre-back by trade but converted to play as a holding midfielder.

Unlike last season’s strong start, we were initially poor. We were only targeting a mid-table finish and form was aligned with that. We lost three games of our first eight. A handful of new signings in October strengthened the side. From the mid-October we went 22 games unbeaten including 18 wins. By this stage we were clearly top of the table with a significant margin to the play-off places. A poor February allowed Woking to make up the difference on us. From there we were neck and neck with Woking for the remainder of the season. The title still looked likely but a loss in the penultimate game of the season away at Notts County allowed Woking to catch us on points. If Woking won their final game we would have to win and overturn a goal difference deficit of 3. We did win 4-1 but their 2-0 win away at Walsall was enough for them to finish top.

In the cups we had an impressive FA Cup run, partially due to kind draws. We got to the fifth round where we met Oxford for the second season running. I fancied our chances but a fixture pile up cost us with a need to rest a good number of players and we went out with a 4-1 defeat.

Key Players

Bobby KwarmaAfter a quiet first season at the club. The left winger was prolific this term scoring 21 goals in 44 games from the left wing.

Lakyle Samuel  Signed from Man City, the centre-back converted to play a holding midfield role and was impressive.

Record

2025/26         National League                 1st                                             Champions, Promoted
2025/26         League Two                      2nd                                             Promoted

End of Season Review

Season 2026/27

FC United of Manchester

Season Summary

We once again romped to the league title and the promotion that comes with it though we were not as good in the cups.

Season Details

League Table - Such was our domination, that promotion was secured with five games remaining and the title with four.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - Consistency was once again te key as we churned out the wins.  Even a mini wobble near the end of the season couldn't stop us.

F. A. Cup - Reaching the third round was good enough, especially as we went out away to top flight side Leicester City rather convincingly.

Carabao Cup - There was no repeat of last seasons heroics as we crashed out in the first round, losing away to rivals Salford City after a disappointing display.

Papa Johns Trophy - We once again topped our group though we went out in the third round, losing at home to Newcastle United Under 21's.

Friendlies - We were almost perfect as we won nine out of our ten games, with only Blackpool beating us.

Squad - We are good enough for the Championship, though some upgrades are required to push on to the Premier League.

Squad Dynamics - This is still as good as you would expect.

Transfers In 1 & 2 - I spent over £3 million significantly improving the squad.

Transfers Out 1, 2, 3 & 4 - We brought in over £6 million in player sales, including one of our young stars for £5 million.

Youth Candidates - Welsh central midfielder Rhys Roberts YP27C25 is the best prospect out of a decent enough intake.

Finances - We once again lost money and have slipped into the red.

Key Players

Jonathan Rowe - Comfortable on either wing, he had a good season.

Liam Milne - Briefly the club record signing, the striker was phenomenal, scoring 37 goals in 49 appearances.

Miguel Azeez - Central midfielder who signed on a free transfer quickly established himself in the squad.

Givaldo - The Brazilian right wing loanee has now been exceptional in both of his loan seasons at the club.  I would love to be able to sign him permanently.

Oleksandr Romanenko - Another successful loanee, the Ukrainian central midfielder was good enough after he signed from Benfica for the season.

Next Season

I don't think we can challenge for an automatic promotion spot though the promotion playoffs could be within reach I think.

Personal Contract

2025/26            1 June 2025             30 June 2027         £900 p/w ↑        £675 p/w ↑
2026/27      27 September 2026             30 June 2029       £1,200 p/w ↑        £875 p/w ↑

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications      Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                  1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2023/24    Minimal = (1.00*) ↑   National B       ↑↑   6 ↑   6 ↑   3 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   6 ↑   6 ↑   5 ↑   4 =   1 =   5 ↑   5 ↑   6 ↑  11 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑
2024/25    Minimal = (2.50*) ↑   Continental B   ↑↑↑  10 ↑  10 ↑   6 ↑   2 ↑   1 =   1 =  10 ↑   9 ↑  10 ↑   4 =   1 =   8 ↑   8 ↑   9 ↑  20 ↑  10 ↑  10 ↑
2025/26    Nominal ↑ (3.00*) ↑   Continental A     ↑  11 ↑  11 ↑   7 ↑   2 =   1 =   1 =  11 ↑  10 ↑  11 ↑   4 =   1 =   9 ↑   9 ↑  10 ↑  20 =  12 ↑  11 ↑
2026/27    Okay    ↑ (3.50*) ↑   Continental Pro   ↑  12 ↑  12 ↑   7 =   2 =   1 =   1 =  12 ↑  12 ↑  13 ↑   4 =   1 =  11 ↑  11 ↑  12 ↑  20 =  13 ↑  12 ↑

Club Facilities

At Start   Basic                Basic                  4       Adequate              Fairly Basic     Basic              Local      (1.00*)
2023/24    Basic =              Basic         =        4 =     Adequate =            Adequate      ↑↑ Average      ↑↑    Local    = (1.00*) =
2024/25    Basic =              Basic         =        4 =     Adequate =            Exceptional  ↑↑↑ Excellent   ↑↑↑    Local    = (1.50*) ↑
2025/26    Basic =              Below Average ↑        4 =     Adequate =            Exceptional    = Excellent     =    Regional ↑ (1.50*) =
2026/27    Basic =              Below Average =        4 =     Adequate =            Exceptional    = Exceptional   ↑    Regional = (2.00*) ↑

Season Record

2025/26      60        49        6        5          166             53                +113              81.67% ↑
2026/27      55        37        6       12          115             54                 +61              67.27% ↓

Overall Career Record

2025/26         169       132       20       17         435             153                +282               78.11% ↑        1,049 days
2026/27         224       169       26       29         550             207                +343               75.45% ↓        1,406 days

Transfer Purchase Record

Date               Player                    Position                     Club Purchased From          Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
16 January 2025    Lewis Carville            Central Midfield             South Shields                England                        £30,000
19 June 2025       James Clarridge           Central Defence              Nottingham Forest            England                        £79,000
19 July 2026       Liam Milne                Striker                      Hamilton Academical          Scotland                      £900,000
 1 September 2026  Brandon Hunter            Central Midfield             Ayr United                   Scotland                    £1,000,000

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position                     Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 3 July 2023       Dan Lavercombe            Goalkeeper                   Portsmouth                   England                         £5,000
 1 July 2024       Caolan McBride            Right Wing                   Ipswich Town                 England                       £125,000
24 July 2025       Connor Shields            Right Wing/Striker           AFC Wimbledon                England                       £170,000
22 June 2026       Josh Acheampong           Right Back/Central Defence   Barnsley                     England                       £220,000
29 June 2026       Mason Burstow             Striker                      Norwich City                 England                     £5,000,000

Trophy Haul

2026/27    Sky Bet League One

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------
1 x Sky Bet League One (2026/27)

Career Overview

2025/26           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Sky Bet League Two                    1st ↑     Fourth Round            ↑   Quarter Final     Promoted as champions.  Papa Johns Trophy third round.
2026/27           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Sky Bet League One                    1st ↑     Third Round             ↓   First Round   ↓   Promoted as champions.  Papa Johns Trophy third round.

Edited by DazRTaylor

End of Season Review

Season 2027/28

FC United of Manchester

Season Summary

We overperformed in the league by qualifying for the promotion playoffs though we were only decent in the cups and should of done better.

Season Details

League Table - We were in with a chance of automatic promotion until poor form towards the end of the season and we had to settle for a promotion playoff spot.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - We had spells where we found the going tough though overall we far exceeded our expectations.

Promotion Playoffs - The playoffs proved to be a step too far as West Bromwich Albion were too strong in the semi finals, over the two legs.

F. A. Cup - Top flight giants Chelsea turned us over on our own patch in the fifth round, despite us having the best of the chances.

Carabao Cup - A second round defeat at home to League One side Exeter City on penalties was very disappointing.

Friendlies - With just the two defeats, it was another pleasing pre season campaign.

Squad - There is no nquestion we overperformed this season and we need more quality additions to repeat it.

Squad Dynamics - This is still rather good.

Transfers In 1 & 2 - I couldn't spend much so relied on free transfers and loan deals.

Transfers Out 1, 2 & 3 - A club record sale and over £16 million raised in player sales represents a good transfer window for our bank manager.

Youth Candidates - It was a good intake with striker Niall Gray YP28B33 being the standout player.

Finances - Thanks to player sales and clauses being cashed in, we made a significant profit and now have a good bank balance.

Key Players

Liam Milne - The Scottish striker struggled somewhat in the higher tier.

Miguel Azeez - The ever reliable central midfielder once again had a good campaign.

Joakim Bjellhansen - The Norwegian Under 21 international goalkeeper was plucked from the third tier in Norway for just £60,000.

Givaldo - It was another great campaign from the Brazilian loanee, now in his third season with us.  A deal has now been agreed to make his move to us permanent.

Oleksandr Romanenko - Now a full Ukrainian international, the central midfielder enjoyed his second season on loan with us.

Next Season

Is it too much to ask for a repeat?

Personal Contract

2026/27      27 September 2026             30 June 2029       £1,200 p/w ↑        £875 p/w ↑
2027/28      27 September 2026             30 June 2029       £1,400 p/w ↑        £975 p/w ↑

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications      Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                  1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2023/24    Minimal = (1.00*) ↑   National B       ↑↑   6 ↑   6 ↑   3 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   6 ↑   6 ↑   5 ↑   4 =   1 =   5 ↑   5 ↑   6 ↑  11 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑
2024/25    Minimal = (2.50*) ↑   Continental B   ↑↑↑  10 ↑  10 ↑   6 ↑   2 ↑   1 =   1 =  10 ↑   9 ↑  10 ↑   4 =   1 =   8 ↑   8 ↑   9 ↑  20 ↑  10 ↑  10 ↑
2025/26    Nominal ↑ (3.00*) ↑   Continental A     ↑  11 ↑  11 ↑   7 ↑   2 =   1 =   1 =  11 ↑  10 ↑  11 ↑   4 =   1 =   9 ↑   9 ↑  10 ↑  20 =  12 ↑  11 ↑
2026/27    Okay    ↑ (3.50*) ↑   Continental Pro   ↑  12 ↑  12 ↑   7 =   2 =   1 =   1 =  12 ↑  12 ↑  13 ↑   4 =   1 =  11 ↑  11 ↑  12 ↑  20 =  13 ↑  12 ↑
2027/28    Okay    = (3.50*) =   Continental Pro   =  13 ↑  13 ↑   9 ↑   2 =   1 =   1 =  13 ↑  13 ↑  13 =   6 ↑   1 =  12 ↑  12 ↑  13 ↑  20 =  15 ↑  14 ↑

Club Facilities

2023/24    Basic =              Basic         =        4 =     Adequate =            Adequate      ↑↑ Average      ↑↑    Local    = (1.00*) =
2024/25    Basic =              Basic         =        4 =     Adequate =            Exceptional  ↑↑↑ Excellent   ↑↑↑    Local    = (1.50*) ↑
2025/26    Basic =              Below Average ↑        4 =     Adequate =            Exceptional    = Excellent     =    Regional ↑ (1.50*) =
2026/27    Basic =              Below Average =        4 =     Adequate =            Exceptional    = Exceptional   ↑    Regional = (2.00*) ↑
2027/28    Basic =              Below Average =        4 =     Adequate =            Exceptional    = Exceptional   =    Regional = (2.00*) =

Season Record

2026/27      55        37        6       12          115             54                 +61              67.27% ↓
2027/28      53        26        8       19           73             58                 +15              49.06% ↓

Overall Career Record

2026/27         224       169       26       29         550             207                +343               75.45% ↓        1,406 days
2027/28         277       195       34       48         623             265                +358               70.40% ↓        1,791 days

Transfer Purchase Record

Date               Player                    Position                     Club Purchased From          Country                   Transfer Fee
16 January 2025    Lewis Carville            Central Midfield             South Shields                England                        £30,000
19 June 2025       James Clarridge           Central Defence              Nottingham Forest            England                        £79,000
19 July 2026       Liam Milne                Striker                      Hamilton Academical          Scotland                      £900,000
 1 September 2026  Brandon Hunter            Central Midfield             Ayr United                   Scotland                    £1,000,000

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position                     Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
 3 July 2023       Dan Lavercombe            Goalkeeper                   Portsmouth                   England                         £5,000
 1 July 2024       Caolan McBride            Right Wing                   Ipswich Town                 England                       £125,000
24 July 2025       Connor Shields            Right Wing/Striker           AFC Wimbledon                England                       £170,000
22 June 2026       Josh Acheampong           Right Back/Central Defence   Barnsley                     England                       £220,000
29 June 2026       Mason Burstow             Striker                      Norwich City                 England                     £5,000,000
27 January 2028    Brandon Hunter            Central Midfield             Fulham                       England                    £10,000,000

Trophy Haul

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Career Overview

2026/27           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Sky Bet League One                    1st ↑     Third Round             ↓   First Round   ↓   Promoted as champions.  Papa Johns Trophy third round.
2027/28           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Sky Bet Championship                  5th ↑     Fifth Round             ↑   Second Round  ↑   Lost in promotion playoff semi finals.

Edited by DazRTaylor

End of Season Review

Season 2028/29

FC United of Manchester

Season Summary

Two good cup runs cannot hide the fact that the league campaign was heartbreaking.

Season Details

League Table - We were five points clear of the promotion playoffs at one stage but we blew it.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - Poor form in February and March ended any chance of automatic promotion.

Promotion Playoffs - A narrow aggregate win over Nottingham Forest in the semi final set up a final against Swansea City where, despite being the better side, we lost by the odd goal in three.

F. A. Cup - A good cup run ended at the quarter final stage as we went down at home to fellow second tier outfit AFC Bournemouth.

Carabao Cup - Top flight Wolverhampton Wanderers were too strong as we lost at home in the quarter finals.

Friendlies - We were doing well until the last few games whoch proved to be a nightmare.

Squad - We are more than good enough to go up automatically.

Squad Dynamics - This is rather good as you would expect.

Transfers In 1, 2 & 3 - I smashed the club transfer record twice as over £16 million was spent improving the squad.

Transfers Out 1, 2, 3 & 4 - I raised over £34 million in player sales, including beating the club transfer record.

Youth Candidates - It was our best intake to date with striker David Flitcroft YP29A43 looking like the best prospect.

Finances - We only made a small profit, despite a lot of income from player sales, as the board allowed me to improve the facilities.

Key Players

Givaldo - After enjoyed a three year loan spell with the club, the Brazilian right winger made the move permanent fora then club record £3.3m.  Now he is only a decent squad player though he is always reliable.

James McAtee - Signed on a free transfer after his release by Manchester City, the versatile midfielder quickly proved to be a fine addition to the squad.

Marcelo Suárez - The Uruguayan left winger, who cost just £2.1m from Defensor Sporting Club in his homeland, has become an automatic selection.

Sonny Perkins - Competent both up front and on either wing, the former Leeds United man signed for £2.1m and has proved to be something of a bargain.

Alessio Rustignoli - The young Italian goalkeeper was decent enough in his first season as first choice number one though he did have some games to forget.

Next Season

Automatic promotion is the only goal.

Personal Contract

2027/28      27 September 2026             30 June 2029       £1,400 p/w ↑        £975 p/w ↑
2028/29       25 November 2028             30 June 2031       £2,500 p/w ↑      £1,600 p/w ↑

Personal Coaching Data

2027/28    Okay    = (3.50*) =   Continental Pro   =  13 ↑  13 ↑   9 ↑   2 =   1 =   1 =  13 ↑  13 ↑  13 =   6 ↑   1 =  12 ↑  12 ↑  13 ↑  20 =  15 ↑  14 ↑
2028/29    Okay    = (3.50*) =   Continental Pro   =  13 =  15 ↑   9 =   2 =   1 =   1 =  13 =  13 =  13 =   6 =   1 =  12 =  12 =  13 =  20 =  16 ↑  15 ↑

Club Facilities

2023/24    Basic    =           Basic          =       4 =     Adequate =            Adequate      ↑↑ Average      ↑↑    Local    = (1.00*) =
2024/25    Basic    =           Basic          =       4 =     Adequate =            Exceptional  ↑↑↑ Excellent   ↑↑↑    Local    = (1.50*) ↑
2025/26    Basic    =           Below Average  ↑       4 =     Adequate =            Exceptional    = Excellent     =    Regional ↑ (1.50*) =
2026/27    Basic    =           Below Average  =       4 =     Adequate =            Exceptional    = Exceptional   ↑    Regional = (2.00*) ↑
2027/28    Basic    =           Below Average  =       4 =     Adequate =            Exceptional    = Exceptional   =    Regional = (2.00*) =
2028/29    Average ↑↑           Good          ↑↑       4 =     Adequate =            Exceptional    = Exceptional   =    National ↑ (2.50*) ↑

Season Record

2027/28      53        26        8       19           73             58                 +15              49.06% ↓
2028/29      58        34        6       18          115             68                 +47              58.62% ↑

Overall Career Record

2027/28         277       195       34       48         623             265                +358               70.40% ↓        1,791 days
2028/29         335       229       40       66         738             333                +405               68.36% ↓        2,163 days

Transfer Purchase Record

Date               Player                    Position                     Club Purchased From               Country                   Transfer Fee
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
16 January 2025    Lewis Carville            Central Midfield             South Shields                     England                        £30,000
19 June 2025       James Clarridge           Central Defence              Nottingham Forest                 England                        £79,000
19 July 2026       Liam Milne                Striker                      Hamilton Academical               Scotland                      £900,000
 1 September 2026  Brandon Hunter            Central Midfield             Ayr United                        Scotland                    £1,000,000
29 June 2028       Givaldo                   Right Wing                   Club de Regatas Vasco da Gama     Brazil                      £3,300,000
17 January 2029    Tomás Gómez               Striker                      Club Atlético Huracán             Argentina                   £4,800,000

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position                     Club Sold To                      Country                   Transfer Fee
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 3 July 2023       Dan Lavercombe            Goalkeeper                   Portsmouth                        England                         £5,000
 1 July 2024       Caolan McBride            Right Wing                   Ipswich Town                      England                       £125,000
24 July 2025       Connor Shields            Right Wing/Striker           AFC Wimbledon                     England                       £170,000
22 June 2026       Josh Acheampong           Right Back/Central Defence   Barnsley                          England                       £220,000
29 June 2026       Mason Burstow             Striker                      Norwich City                      England                     £5,000,000
27 January 2028    Brandon Hunter            Central Midfield             Fulham                            England                    £10,000,000
21 January 2029    Liam Milne                Striker                      Bristol City                      England                    £10,250,000

Trophy Haul

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Career Overview

2027/28           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Sky Bet Championship                  5th ↑     Fifth Round             ↑   Second Round  ↑   Lost in promotion playoff semi finals.
2028/29           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Sky Bet Championship                  4th ↑     Quarter Final           ↑   Quarter Final ↑   Lost in promotion playoff final.

Edited by DazRTaylor

Hastings United

League One - 2027/28 – 10th

Squad

Transfers

Overview

A relatively uneventful season where we hung around just outside the play-offs all season never looking likely to push into them. We started out with a big signing. Striker Paddy Oldreive signed on from Arsenal and looked rather a coupe. He went on to have a good season but I expected a better return than 23 goals in 45 games. Midfielder Mark Graham who joined from Man City looked promising and went straight into the side. He was signed as one for the future but developed so well that he locked down his place in the midfield. The best signing of the season was playmaker Omari Forson from Norwich. Forson looks a level above the rest of the squad and will be key next season.

Form was patchy but we did okay in the cups. This lead to an end of season fixture pile up. Ultimately this impacted form so much that we slipped away from any hope of the playoffs. We did get a plum draw in the FA Cup 4th round with a money spinning tie away at Everton. We took them to a replay but lost out in extra time.

On the home front, having moved to the 5,000 capacity Hastings Stadium 2 years ago the board are looking to expand it by 3,000 so we will be playing in Stourbridge till xmas next year.

Key Players

Omari ForsonNot a prolific year for the ex-Norwich playmaker but he did okay and 6 goals and 6 assists isn’t a bad return.

Paddy Oldreive The South African striker signed from Arsenal at the start of the season and went on to register 23 goals.

Record                              

2026/27         League Two                      2nd                                             Promoted
2027/28         League One                      10th                                             

End of Season Review

Season 2029/30

FC United of Manchester

Season Summary

We dominated the league from start to finish and even the lack of a cup run cannot take the gloss off.

Season Details

League Table - We went on top early and never looked back.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - We were so consistent as we won match after match.

F. A. Cup - There was no cup run this year as fellow promotion chasers Reading were too strong on the day on their own patch in the fourth round.

Carabao Cup - We made it through to the third round before top flight Aston Villa turned us over on our own ground.

Friendlies - It was a good pre season campaign as the only defeat was at home to giants Newcastle United.

Squad - We have improved significantly and I genuinely believe we can finish as high as mid table with this squad.

Squad Dynamics - As you would expect after such a good league season, this is rather good.

Transfers In 1, 2 & 3 - I spent close to £90 million as I revolutionised the squad, including smashing our transfer record to sign one of the best youngsters in the world.

Transfers Out 1, 2, 3 & 4 - Over £90 million was raised as I prepared the squad for the Premier League and shipped out a lot of average players.

Youth Candidates - It was a fantastic intake and I am told Yusuf Day YP30A55 is a generational talent.

Finances - Thanks to my spending spree detailed above, we lost a considerable sum of money this year and are heavily into the red.  This will not continue, however, as the Premier League money starts to roll in.

Key Players

Tomás Gómez - What a season from the Argentrine frontman.  He scored an incredible 50 goals in just 46 appearances and was exceptional.

Matías Díaz - Our goalkeeper was never overworked though when called upon he was excellent.

Anderson José - Playing at right back, the Brazilian cost just £3.4m and has made a starting position his own.

Jérôme Dercho - Costing a cool £63m, the young German centre back has taken time to settle though he could be world class in time.

Rodrigo Viera - Signed on loan from Arsenal for the season, the Uruguayan Under 20 international was superb and our best loan addition this year.

Next Season

I feel we can survive quite comfortably.

Personal Contract

2028/29       25 November 2028             30 June 2031       £2,500 p/w ↑      £1,600 p/w ↑
2029/30          15 March 2030             30 June 2033       £4,400 p/w ↑      £2,600 p/w ↑

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation              Qualifications      Att   Def   Fit  GkD   GkH   GkS  Tac   Tec   Men  WWY  Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
At start   Minimal       (0.25*)   None                  1     1     1    1     1     1    1     1     1    4    1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2023/24    Minimal     = (1.00*) ↑ National B       ↑↑   6 ↑   6 ↑   3 ↑  1 =   1 =   1 =  6 ↑   6 ↑   5 ↑  4 =  1 =   5 ↑   5 ↑   6 ↑  11 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑
2024/25    Minimal     = (2.50*) ↑ Continental B   ↑↑↑  10 ↑  10 ↑   6 ↑  2 ↑   1 =   1 = 10 ↑   9 ↑  10 ↑  4 =  1 =   8 ↑   8 ↑   9 ↑  20 ↑  10 ↑  10 ↑
2025/26    Nominal     ↑ (3.00*) ↑ Continental A     ↑  11 ↑  11 ↑   7 ↑  2 =   1 =   1 = 11 ↑  10 ↑  11 ↑  4 =  1 =   9 ↑   9 ↑  10 ↑  20 =  12 ↑  11 ↑
2026/27    Okay        ↑ (3.50*) ↑ Continental Pro   ↑  12 ↑  12 ↑   7 =  2 =   1 =   1 = 12 ↑  12 ↑  13 ↑  4 =  1 =  11 ↑  11 ↑  12 ↑  20 =  13 ↑  12 ↑
2027/28    Okay        = (3.50*) = Continental Pro   =  13 ↑  13 ↑   9 ↑  2 =   1 =   1 = 13 ↑  13 ↑  13 =  6 ↑  1 =  12 ↑  12 ↑  13 ↑  20 =  15 ↑  14 ↑
2028/29    Okay        = (3.50*) = Continental Pro   =  13 =  15 ↑   9 =  2 =   1 =   1 = 13 =  13 =  13 =  6 =  1 =  12 =  12 =  13 =  20 =  16 ↑  15 ↑
2029/30    Fairly Good ↑ (3.50*) = Continental Pro   =  13 =  15 =   9 =  3 ↑   1 =   1 = 13 =  13 =  14 ↑  6 =  1 =  12 =  12 =  13 =  20 =  17 ↑  15 =

Club Facilities

2023/24    Basic    =           Basic          =       4 =     Adequate =            Adequate      ↑↑ Average      ↑↑    Local    = (1.00*) =
2024/25    Basic    =           Basic          =       4 =     Adequate =            Exceptional  ↑↑↑ Excellent   ↑↑↑    Local    = (1.50*) ↑
2025/26    Basic    =           Below Average  ↑       4 =     Adequate =            Exceptional    = Excellent     =    Regional ↑ (1.50*) =
2026/27    Basic    =           Below Average  =       4 =     Adequate =            Exceptional    = Exceptional   ↑    Regional = (2.00*) ↑
2027/28    Basic    =           Below Average  =       4 =     Adequate =            Exceptional    = Exceptional   =    Regional = (2.00*) =
2028/29    Average ↑↑           Good          ↑↑       4 =     Adequate =            Exceptional    = Exceptional   =    National ↑ (2.50*) ↑
2029/30    Average  =           Great          ↑       3 ↑     Adequate =            Exceptional    = Exceptional   =    National = (3.00*) ↑

Season Record

2028/29      58        34        6       18          115             68                 +47              58.62% ↑
2029/30      52        40        5        7          125             54                 +71              76.92% ↑

Overall Career Record

2028/29         335       229       40       66         738             333                +405               68.36% ↓        2,163 days
2029/30         387       269       45       73         863             387                +476               69.51% ↑        2,512 days

Transfer Purchase Record

Date               Player                    Position                     Club Purchased From               Country                   Transfer Fee
16 January 2025    Lewis Carville            Central Midfield             South Shields                     England                        £30,000
19 June 2025       James Clarridge           Central Defence              Nottingham Forest                 England                        £79,000
19 July 2026       Liam Milne                Striker                      Hamilton Academical               Scotland                      £900,000
 1 September 2026  Brandon Hunter            Central Midfield             Ayr United                        Scotland                    £1,000,000
29 June 2028       Givaldo                   Right Wing                   Club de Regatas Vasco da Gama     Brazil                      £3,300,000
17 January 2029    Tomás Gómez               Striker                      Club Atlético Huracán             Argentina                   £4,800,000
 9 June 2029       Reece Wright              Left Back                    Sunderland                        England                    £14,750,000
 7 January 2030    Jérôme Dercho             Central Defence              Borussia Dortmund                 Germany                    £63,000,000

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position                     Club Sold To                      Country                   Transfer Fee
 3 July 2023       Dan Lavercombe            Goalkeeper                   Portsmouth                        England                         £5,000
 1 July 2024       Caolan McBride            Right Wing                   Ipswich Town                      England                       £125,000
24 July 2025       Connor Shields            Right Wing/Striker           AFC Wimbledon                     England                       £170,000
22 June 2026       Josh Acheampong           Right Back/Central Defence   Barnsley                          England                       £220,000
29 June 2026       Mason Burstow             Striker                      Norwich City                      England                     £5,000,000
27 January 2028    Brandon Hunter            Central Midfield             Fulham                            England                    £10,000,000
21 January 2029    Liam Milne                Striker                      Bristol City                      England                    £10,250,000
 3 August 2029     James McAtee              Central Midfield             Al-Gharafa Sports Club            Qatar                      £11,250,000
 3 September 2029  Alessio Rustignoli        Goalkeeper                   BSC Young Boys                    Switzerland                £13,500,000
 3 January 2030    Vitor Peasson             Left Wing                    Sporting Clube de Portugal        Portugal                   £18,500,000

Trophy Haul

2029/30    Sky Bet Championship

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------
1 x Sky Bet Championship (2029/30)

Career Overview

2028/29           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Sky Bet Championship                  4th ↑     Quarter Final           ↑   Quarter Final ↑   Lost in promotion playoff final.
2029/30           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Sky Bet Championship                  1st ↑     Fourth Round            ↓   Third Round   ↓   Promoted as champions.

Edited by DazRTaylor

End of Season Review

Season 2030/31

FC United of Manchester

Season Summary

Whilst we were disappointing in the cup competitions, qualifying for Europe through our league placement was way above my expectations.

Season Details

League Table - We were always in the top half and a sixth placed finish represents a good campaign.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - We were much more consistent than I expected and were always competitive.

F. A. Cup - Very disappointing.  We crashed out at the fourth round stage as Derby County, from the league below, defeated us at home in a replay.

Carabao Cup - A loss on penalty kicks by Chelsea at home in the third round ended our interst in the competition this year.

Friendlies - We did lose a couple of matches during our tour of France, otherwise it was a good pre season campaign.

Squad - Whilst our squad is good, we did overachieve I feel so I intend to improve it once again.

Squad Dynamics - I would of expected this to be better than it is.

Transfers In 1 & 2 - I spent more than £100 million as the quality of players improved significantly.

Transfers Out 1, 2, 3 & 4 - By selling a lot of youngsters and fringe players, it brought in over £150 million which allowed me to upgrade the playing personnel.

Youth Candidates - The intake was not as good as last year though left winger Rickie Oswell-Hollyoak YP31B63 has not only a tremendous name, he is also our best prospect from this group of players.

Finances - We made a significant amount of money this year and I expect that to continue.

Key Players

Tomás Gómez - It was another exceptional campaign from our striker who, in his first season in the Premier League, scored 25 league goals in 34 league appearances.

Arda Güler - The Turkish international central midfielder cost just £17m from Fenerbahçe and enjoyed a fruitful campaign.

Marcelo Rosas - The Brazilian Under 23 international was one of our better defenders.

Dorjan Hendija - The Croatian goalkeeper, now a full international, signed from Dinamo Zagreb for £14m and had a mixed campaign.

Rodrigo Viera - The Arsenal loanee enjoyed a second season on loan at the club though he never reached the heights of last year.

Next Season

Continued European qualification is the minimum I expect.

Personal Contract

2029/30          15 March 2030             30 June 2033       £4,400 p/w ↑      £2,600 p/w ↑
2030/31        3 February 2031             30 June 2034       £9,000 p/w ↑      £5,000 p/w ↑

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation              Qualifications      Att   Def   Fit  GkD   GkH   GkS  Tac   Tec   Men  WWY  Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
At start   Minimal       (0.25*)   None                  1     1     1    1     1     1    1     1     1    4    1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2023/24    Minimal     = (1.00*) ↑ National B       ↑↑   6 ↑   6 ↑   3 ↑  1 =   1 =   1 =  6 ↑   6 ↑   5 ↑  4 =  1 =   5 ↑   5 ↑   6 ↑  11 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑
2024/25    Minimal     = (2.50*) ↑ Continental B   ↑↑↑  10 ↑  10 ↑   6 ↑  2 ↑   1 =   1 = 10 ↑   9 ↑  10 ↑  4 =  1 =   8 ↑   8 ↑   9 ↑  20 ↑  10 ↑  10 ↑
2025/26    Nominal     ↑ (3.00*) ↑ Continental A     ↑  11 ↑  11 ↑   7 ↑  2 =   1 =   1 = 11 ↑  10 ↑  11 ↑  4 =  1 =   9 ↑   9 ↑  10 ↑  20 =  12 ↑  11 ↑
2026/27    Okay        ↑ (3.50*) ↑ Continental Pro   ↑  12 ↑  12 ↑   7 =  2 =   1 =   1 = 12 ↑  12 ↑  13 ↑  4 =  1 =  11 ↑  11 ↑  12 ↑  20 =  13 ↑  12 ↑
2027/28    Okay        = (3.50*) = Continental Pro   =  13 ↑  13 ↑   9 ↑  2 =   1 =   1 = 13 ↑  13 ↑  13 =  6 ↑  1 =  12 ↑  12 ↑  13 ↑  20 =  15 ↑  14 ↑
2028/29    Okay        = (3.50*) = Continental Pro   =  13 =  15 ↑   9 =  2 =   1 =   1 = 13 =  13 =  13 =  6 =  1 =  12 =  12 =  13 =  20 =  16 ↑  15 ↑
2029/30    Fairly Good ↑ (3.50*) = Continental Pro   =  13 =  15 =   9 =  3 ↑   1 =   1 = 13 =  13 =  14 ↑  6 =  1 =  12 =  12 =  13 =  20 =  17 ↑  15 =
2030/31    Fairly Good = (3.50*) = Continental Pro   =  13 =  15 =   9 =  3 =   1 =   1 = 13 =  13 =  14 =  7 ↑  1 =  12 =  13 ↑  13 =  20 =  17 =  16 ↑

Club Facilities

2029/30    Average  =           Great          ↑       3 ↑     Adequate =            Exceptional    = Exceptional   =    National = (3.00*) ↑

Season Record

2029/30      52        40        5        7          125             54                 +71              76.92% ↑
2030/31      43        23        6       14           83             56                 +27              53.49% ↓

Overall Career Record

2029/30         387       269       45       73         863             387                +476               69.51% ↑        2,512 days
2030/31         430       292       51       87         946             443                +503               67.91% ↓        2,884 days

Transfer Purchase Record

9 June 2029       Reece Wright              Left Back                    Sunderland                        England                    £14,750,000
 7 January 2030    Jérôme Dercho             Central Defence              Borussia Dortmund                 Germany                    £63,000,000

Transfer Sale Record

3 August 2029     James McAtee              Central Midfield             Al-Gharafa Sports Club            Qatar                      £11,250,000
 3 September 2029  Alessio Rustignoli        Goalkeeper                   BSC Young Boys                    Switzerland                £13,500,000
 3 January 2030    Vitor Peasson             Left Wing                    Sporting Clube de Portugal        Portugal                   £18,500,000
27 July 2030       Matías Díaz               Goalkeeper                   FC Red Bull Salzburg              Austria                    £27,000,000

Trophy Haul

2029/30    Sky Bet Championship

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Career Overview

2029/30           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Sky Bet Championship                  1st ↑     Fourth Round            ↓   Third Round   ↓   Promoted as champions.
2030/31           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Premier League                        6th ↑     Fourth Round            =   Third Round   =   Qualified for the Europa League.

Edited by DazRTaylor

How's people finding the rules to sign players in England this FM was wondering if anyone has had any issues trying to sign players while doing his Challenge 

Edited by Gersdude123

• 2 weeks later...

Folkestone Invicta FC - 2034/35

(Premier League)

spacer.png

Hello there, just like last time, long time no see!

2034/35 summary:

We were in good form all season despite or possibly because of multiple changes of tactics. In the end, I settled on a 4-4-2 and it won us our first Prem title!!! :D It was a great battle for the title between us, Liverpool, and Spurs (who actually spursed it) which went down to the wire and saw us climb from 3rd to 1st in the final two matches.

085b301e591c75fcd9bafd623b80a8c3.png

Like in previous seasons, we had another striker turning up when it mattered. This time, it was our "loan army graduate" Graham White. He ended up scoring 24 goals and providing another six assists. Not too bad for a player that was supposed to be on the fringes of the first-team squad, aye?

The CL campaign ended in the quarter finals as we somehow managed to beat PSG 6-2 in the 1st leg only to lose the 2nd leg 6-2 and then go out on penalties despite fielding  a stronger starting XI than in the 1st leg...

There were a couple of major signings with regards to the fee(s) we paid, but neither of the big money signings ended up being outstanding to the point at which I'd introduce them here. Still, they were doing either alright or just good enough. Other key players included Ivo Loenen and Juan Luis Santibanez (JLS) who were already introduced previously.

The bank balance is at 265M€, with sales bringing in ~365M€ and around 304M€ being spent on new signings (as always the numbers aren't exact in the screenshot due to business that was technically still conducted last season).

Link to the more in-depth season wrap up blog (also includes more player related screenshots) : https://oakyfm.wordpress.com/2023/05/30/up-the-invicta-10-a-title-challenge/

Now to the part that mainly affects this thread/part of the forum; This season was probably my last one in charge of Folkestone. Whilst I might not have won the CL (yet), I'm considering this challenge 95% done and tbh, I don't really enjoy the riches the Premier League brings with itself as much as others do. The work permit system and limit of foreign youngsters that can be signed each season hasn't really helped my enjoyment either. So, since I pretty much always only play one save over the entirety of an FM edition, I'll likely be moving on to pastures new within this save meaning that 100% completing the Dafuge challenge with Folkestone seems unlikely (unless I return at some point to win the CL title with them?). With that being said, thanks for having me! I shall from now on return to simply following how you guys are doing in here. ;)

Cheers,
Oaky

• 2 weeks later...

spacer.png

Final Challenge Update (Season 5 - Season 12)

So, not really how I wanted to do this post, but I lost a lot of images due to a computer crash... luckily, my save game was nicely backed-up in the cloud, so I could take some snapshots by going back in time, but the narrative I wrote in Word is sadly gone... So here goes the slimmed down version!

The Sky Bet League One Years (Seasons 5 & 6)

My last post showed our promotion to the League One and I have to say: it was a struggle in the first season. If you look at the top goalscorer for the competition you'll see Edozie having scored 9 goals... That's 9, over a 46 matches... I just couldn't get them scoring, not matter what I tried. Due to a lot of draws and 1-0 wins, we did manage to finish a decent 9th, so that was of course non so bad, but something had to change for us to progress further. I changed my formation to a 4-2-3-1 and decided to throw my Tiki-Taka overboard and switch to a style based on Gegenpress, but with some Tiki-Taka elements included (short passing, high tempo). This worked wonders, because the next season we scored 89 goals, which was almost double the amount of the previous season. We ended up at 105 points, which was more than enough for the league title, my first actual trophy since the Vanarama League North in our first season!

S5-SeasonEnd.thumb.png.b4fe149abf56913d742028a543a5e2a7.pngS6-SeasonEnd.thumb.png.d6e16b77c9735effbd01ec3b956bed32.png

The Championship Year (Season 7)

Apparently, my tactic was working so well we managed to get back-to-back promotions... Never expected this to happen, we were fighting for the title throughout the year and ended up missing it by just 3 points. As you can see, the goal scoring let up a little, which was not surprising due to the step-up in quality, but worrying me nonetheless. I was really curious to see how this would work out in the Premier League, because that's where the real challenge lies...

S7-SeasonEnd.thumb.png.3569f5c88c51e6690fffe8376ccae35d.png

The Premier League Years (Seasons 8 - 12)

The first season (S8) was a real struggle as expected. Almost no players wanted to join, so improving my squad was futile - I had to give it a go with the players at my disposal. The meager 45 goals in 38 games was a reflection of how much we struggled. We managed 10 draws however which, combined with 12 wins, was enough to finish us in a decent 13th place - not bad for the first season up.

S8-SeasonEnd.thumb.png.c86284c554282a5ea48fd664cb98e4f2.png

The second season (S9) was more of the same, with one big difference: I managed to attract some decent defensive improvements, which brought our goals conceded down from 56 to 41, propelling us up the league to a very decent 6th place... We managed to win 20 games versus the 12 last year, so progress was really being made. We also suffered heartbreak in the FA Cup, where we reached the final only to be defeated in a slammer of a game ending in 3-4...

S9-SeasonEnd.thumb.png.a9f37b270259f16a6f4d187b4a03b97b.pngS9-FACupLoss.thumb.png.65e6eadfb5becff344135d76487cf9f2.png

Season number 3 (S10) on the top flight showed another improvement. This was of course mainly driven by the fact that we qualified for Europe the season before, which meant I could finally get some improvements for my squad. This really showed in the goal scoring department, where we managed to bang in 64 goals (vs the 49 in the previous season). This landed us on a very nice 4th place, qualifying for the Champions League next season. The Europa League campaign... Well, let's say this was one of the biggest surprises I've seen... Incredible run up to the final, where we managed to beat Valencia 1:2 to take home our third trophy!

S10-SeasonEnd.thumb.png.1aa6bfcc9290f710402b0ed4121e47e4.pngS10-EuropeLeagueWin.thumb.png.47b2f338cf3415a1433ae1333dc7bfe5.png

The fourth trip on the top flight (S11) brought on our first chance of completion... Insane season really, with Liverpool completely dominating the table and us finishing best of the rest. Biggest shocker was the fact that we managed to reach the Champions League Final... Only to lose against Chelsea in the 92nd minute... We didn't deserve to win, as we were dominated all match, but it still hurt like hell...

S11-SeasonEnd.thumb.png.59d2772e485c6f15b3dee66707f8c64f.pngS11-ChampionsLeagueLoss.thumb.png.e92b786aa3eebb6f78bb9832b54d07fe.png

And finally, the one we've all been waiting for, the season it all came together: the insane treble winning Season 12. Everything I built up culminated into this season... Insane players, insane goals, insane results... It was all there... We managed to win the league with only 3 points, managed to win the FA Cup quite easily and to top it all off... I couldn't have made this up myself, but beating Man Utd in the Champions League Final on penalties... It is the only fitting way to end this journey... FC United of Manchester are now truly the biggest club of Manchester!

S12-ChampionsLeagueWin.thumb.png.797d0e3a9b296592e4308dfe42fbd6a0.pngS12-SeasonEnd.thumb.png.2d59e7028447c93990442205bcb69ca4.png

S12-FACupWin.thumb.png.89907ec9f1f9d7ca6e41c8a833584911.png

Am 15.6.2023 um 10:07 schrieb DazRTaylor:

Wow fast climb! How would you explain that, what were the keys to your early success?

remarkable story, chapeau!

21 hours ago, HanziZoloman said:

Wow fast climb! How would you explain that, what were the keys to your early success?

remarkable story, chapeau!

I build the academy as quickly as possible.  This allows me to sell a lot of who I produce and all sales have a 50% sell on clause.  This provides the funding for a massive amount of trials and signing everyone who is 4* potential aged 19 or under.  These can also be sold on for huge profits.  I cash in the sell on clauses often to keep ticking over.

• 2 weeks later...

My last post on my game as Hastings was being promoted to League One.. well I didn't post again as I got a bit stuck in that league. I did 5 seasons in midtable before I decided I needed a new tactic. With a new tactic I decided I'd start a new game. I'm going with Guiseley again. I previously played them earlier in the year and took them to League One before they sacked me.

I mentioned at the time but I've a season ticket at Guiseley IRL. They've had a really good pre-season for signings so I've got a lot of enthusiasm for the new season and fancied another go with them.

AFC Guiseley

download.png.fe834c147945eb2d265538db2660f507.png

National League North - 2023/24 – 4th

Squad

Transfers

Overview

A positive start but no promotion despite a run to the play-off final. I was able to put together a core of a team but with limited wage budget wasn’t able to wheel and deal as much as I might have liked. I kept the best of the players I inherited in Louis Whitham and Leigh Whelan and brought back a couple of old boys in keeper Johnny Maxted (saved two penalties in the first ever game I went to) and Nathan Newell.

Our firm was okay but we struggled to put together solid runs of form. Our season was saved by an unbeaten run through December and January. In fairness though we recorded 89 points which in a lot of other seasons would be finishing top of the table. We only finished 4th. Even 2nd would have given us home advantage through the play-offs.

In the play-offs we cruised past Chorley 3-0 in the 1st round at home and came out on top of Spennymoor away in a tight semi-final 2-1. In the final though an away game against South Shields proved too much and we went down to 2-0 defeat.          

Key Players

Fidel O’Rourke 22 year old ex-Liverpool attacker scored 15 goals from the left wing.

Adan GeorgeSigned on a free from Birmingham, the 21 year old striker scored 28 goals.

Record

2023/24         National League North           4th                                             Play-off Finalists

AFC Guiseley

National League North - 2024/25 – 1st

Squad

Transfers

Overview

Promotion was always the target for the season and it was achieved with a strong 99 points. It wasn’t feeling that likely as for the first half of the season we were inconsistent and following a home defeat to Tamworth in late December we were 12 points adrift of the top of the table. Recruitment proved difficult and I ended up playing an out and out winger CJ Hamilton as an inside forward on the left wing where he failed to prosper. I had weak players in key positions in the forward positions but a fantastically strong defence with great players across the back 4.

A switch around up front helped matters with CJ Hamilton switching to play the striker role of a front three. This allowed a better balance. CJ was not a natural striker but his exceptional pace was a massive benefit and he was the most talented of the forward players.

We then went on an unbeaten run of 16 league games of which 14 were wins. By the time we hit a sticky run in late March we were top by a clear margin and coasted in to promotion.  

Key Players

CJ HamiltonThe ex-Blackpool winger was not a natural striker but contributed 24 goals when deployed there.

Di’Shon Bernard24 year old defender signed on a free from Man United was excellent at the back adding great pace.

Record

2023/24         National League North           4th                                             Play-off Finalists
2024/25         National League North           1st                                             Promoted, Champions

Edited by Andrew Haines

• 2 weeks later...

AFC Guiseley

National League - 2025/26 – 1st

Squad

Transfers

Overview

After promotion last season, it’s always uncertain how we will adapt to the step up in quality. As it proved we were promoted at the first attempt with an impressive 98 points. Pre-season signings were largely loan signings with six arriving before the end of August. The most successful was Kane Taylor from Man City who impressed in central midfield. We did okay over the first couple of months of the season without really worrying the top of the table. Woking were early pace setters and setup a significant early lead. In mid-October we were able to bring in a clutch of new signings. The most significant of these was striker Jack Marriott who went on to score 27 goals in the remaining 28 games.

With these new signings we embarked on a 16 game unbeaten run from Christmas to mid-March including a 1-0 win away at Woking. Eventually we cruised to top spot, champions and promotion. Disappointingly however we didn’t cap this off with the FA Trophy, losing 1-0 to Barrow in the final at Wembley.

Key Players

Jack MarriottThe 31 year old striker was once a £5m signing for Derby. He scored a very impressive 29 goals in 31 games in all competitions.

Kane TaylorThe young midfielder was signed on loan from Man City and scored double figures from a central midfield position.

Record

2024/25         National League North           1st                                             Promoted, Champions
2025/26         National League                 1st                                             Promoted, Champions, FA Trophy Finalists

• 2 weeks later...

Time for another bash.  I usually get bored when I hit the Premier League but will try to maintain an interest.

Club Introduction

Marine

Marine A.F.C. - Wikipedia

The Manager

This is me.

RcBYr5T.png

Personal Contract

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications     Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   PM   Mot
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                 1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1    1    1

Club Facilities

At Start   Basic                Basic                  4       Basic                 Fairly Basic     Basic              Local   (1.00*)

Season Record

Overall Career Record

Transfer Purchase Record

Transfer Sale Record

Trophy Haul

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Career Overview

Edited by DazRTaylor

End of Season Review

Season 2023/24

Marine

Season Summary

A poor F. A. Cup run doesn't remove the gloss of an excellent season where we stormed to the league title and promotion to the fifth tier.

Season Details

League Table - Once we went top we never looked back.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - As always, consistency was the key as we turned losses into draws and draws into wins.

F. A. Cup - A home defeat to fellow Vanarama National North side Chester saw the club crash out in the third qualifying round.

F. A. Trophy - A decent cup run was ended at the quarter final stage as we went down away to Southend United, who play in the division above.

Friendlies - We endured a mixed bag of results though the quality of the sides we played played a key part in not winning many games.

Squad - The squad is good enough to challenge for a playoff spot next year though with the right additions, we can challenge for automatic promotion.

Squad Dynamics - This is rather good.

Transfers In 1 & 2 - I overhauled the squad and brought in lots of youngsters on free transfer, some of which were a miss though most were hits.

Transfers Out 1 & 2 - The entire old guard left as they were on big money and were not good enough.

Youth Candidates - I am told Nigerian central midfielder Paul Jonathan is the best prospect though in truth, it is a very poor intake.

Finances - We made a small profit this year and remain in the black.

Key Players

Ethan Fitzhugh - The youngster, comfortable in central midfield or on either wing, was terrific for us.

Harrison Foulkes - The goalkeeper, despite not being overly busy, was very reliable when called upon.

Adan George - What a player this guy is.  Signed on loan for the season, the striker scored an astonishing 51 goals in just 49 appearances.

Isaac Baird - Signed on loan for the season from Glenavon in his homeland, the Northern Irish central midfielder was excellent.

Cian Kelly Caprani - Comfortable as either full back or on either wing or up front, he is the definition of versatile.  Signed on loan for the season from Derby County, he performed well wherever he was deployed.

Next Season

I expect a playoff place as an absolute minimum.

Personal Contract

2023/24          29 March 2024             30 June 2025         £800 p/w ↑        £625 p/w ↑

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications     Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   PM   Mot
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                 1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1    1    1
2023/24    Minimal = (1.00*) ↑   National B ↑↑        6 ↑   5 ↑   2 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   6 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑   8 ↑   1 =   4 ↑   4 ↑   6 ↑   8 ↑  6 ↑  6 ↑

Club Facilities

At Start   Basic                Basic                  4       Basic                 Fairly Basic     Basic              Local   (1.00*)
2023/24    Basic =              Basic =                4       Basic =               Average      ↑   Fairly Basic ↑     Local = (1.00*) =

Season Record

2023/24      53        37       10        6          136             64                 +72              68.52%

Overall Career Record

2023/24          53        37       10        6         136              64                 +72               68.52%            314 days

Transfer Purchase Record

17 December 2023   Brad Bood                 Left Back              AFC Telford United           England                         £2,000

Transfer Sale Record

1 January 2024    Dylan Graham              Goalkeeper             Salford City                 England                         £3,200

Trophy Haul

2023/24    Vanarama National League South

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------
1 x Vanarama National League South (2023/24)

Career Overview

2023/24           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League South        1st       Third Qualifying Round          N/a           Promoted as champions.  F. A. Trophy fifth round.

Edited by DazRTaylor

End of Season Review

Season 2024/25

Marine

Season Summary

Another league title and promotion as we enter the Football League.  We also henjoyed a decent cup run.

Season Details

League Table - Just like last year, once we hit the top, we never looked back.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - As always, consistency is the key as we churned out the wins.

F. A. Cup - We made it all the way through to the third round before Championship side Sheffield United beat us at home rather comfortably.

F. A. Trophy - I played a weakened side in losing on penalties away to Dartford, who play in the tier below, at the fourth round stage.

Friendlies - By only losing two games, we enjoyed a good pre season campaign.

Squad - We are more than good enough for the challenge of the Football League.

Squad Dynamics - This continues to get better and better.

Transfers In 1 & 2 - I once again overhauled the squad and even spent money on two players.

Transfers Out 1 & 2 - With so many new players coming in, I allowed a lot to leave as they found the step up a league too far.

Youth Candidates - Whilst the intake was better than last year, it still lacks quality.  Right back Deri Fildes YP25A1 is considered the brightest prospect this year.

Finances - We increased our profit this year and our bank balance has grown a little as a result.

Key Players

Ethan Wheatley - Our best player this season.  The teenage striker netted 37 goals in 42 appearances.

Jack Moorhouse - Another teenager, the central midfielder was sublime.

Jack Kingdon - The Scottish youth international central defender was very reliable when called upon.

Leighton Clarkson - A player playing way under his level, the central midfielder is just so good.

Tommy Leigh - Another central midfielder, he enjoyed a fruitful campaign.

Next Season

With more promotion positions available, I want to go up again.

Personal Contract

2023/24          29 March 2024             30 June 2025         £800 p/w ↑        £625 p/w ↑
2024/25      27 September 2024             30 June 2026         £850 p/w ↑        £650 p/w ↑

Personal Coaching Data

2023/24    Minimal = (1.00*) ↑   National B    ↑↑     6 ↑   5 ↑   2 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   6 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑   8 ↑   1 =   4 ↑   4 ↑   6 ↑   8 ↑  6 ↑  6 ↑
2024/25    Minimal = (2.00*) ↑   Continental C ↑↑     8 ↑   8 ↑   3 ↑   1 =   1 =   2 ↑   8 ↑   8 ↑   8 ↑   8 =   1 =   7 ↑   7 ↑   8 ↑  16 ↑  9 ↑  8 ↑

Club Facilities

2023/24    Basic =              Basic =                4 =     Basic =               Average      ↑   Fairly Basic ↑     Local = (1.00*) =
2024/25    Basic =              Basic =                4 =     Basic =               Adequate     ↑   Average      ↑     Local = (1.50*) ↑

Season Record

2023/24      53        37       10        6          136             64                 +72              68.52%
2024/25      53        38        8        7          126             47                 +79              71.70% ↑

Overall Career Record

2023/24          53        37       10        6         136              64                 +72               68.52%            314 days
2024/25         106        75       18       13         262             111                +151               70.75% ↑          678 days

Transfer Purchase Record

17 December 2023   Brad Bood                 Left Back              AFC Telford United           England                         £2,000

Transfer Sale Record

1 January 2024    Dylan Graham              Goalkeeper             Salford City                 England                         £3,200
 1 January 2025    Harry Brockbank           Right Back             Forest Green Rovers          England                        £45,000

Trophy Haul

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------
1 x Vanarama National League       (2024/25)

Career Overview

2023/24           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League South        1st       Third Qualifying Round          N/a           Promoted as champions.  F. A. Trophy fifth round.
2024/25           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League              1st ↑     Third Round            ↑        N/a           Promoted as champions.  F. A. Trophy fourth round.

Edited by DazRTaylor

Bamberbridgefc.png.dc84f30f4157f330e28cff6650183cd4.png

Season 1 (2023/24) - Vanarama National League North

Competitions:

Overview

Vanarama National League North (Table| Results):

Board Expectation: Attempt to avoid relegation. Season Preview Odds: 11th (33-1).

Finish: 1st.

It was a poor start which suddenly turned into a great start once Nyal Bell started scoring goals for fun. After not winning the first two league games, we quickly recovered to win the next 9 with Bell scoring in all of these. After these 11 games we suddenly looked like strong promotion contenders and Bell had already scored 17 goals. We continued to win games and stay top of the league until about March when we started to lose games to promotion rivals and Chester charged into first place, but it wasn't enough to stop us being promoted as Champions as we charged to 7 straight wins to end the season. Although Chester did push us all the way and were unlucky not be automatically promoted on 100 points.

FA Cup (Results):

Finish: Knocked out in Fourth Qualifying Round by Barnet

Easy wins against Rushden & Diamonds and Bedford set us up with a tough tie away to Barnet who are a league above us. This proved too difficult and we went out in a closely fought tie with a 2-1 defeat.

FA Trophy (Results):

Finish: Knocked out in Third Round by Southport

Our stay in the FA Trophy was short lived. We managed to get through against Matlock in the Second Round, but then we were narrowly beaten by Southport of the National League 2-1.

Club:

Squad | End of Season Awards The squad remained injury free and I was able to rotate quite well, having quite a solid second XI.

TransfersI made a lot of free transfer signings to fill the squad up because the one I inherited was quite bare. Managed to sell Roache for £8k which was quite nice as he rarely featured due to Bell's form.

Club Vision | Board/Supporter Feedback: Expected to attempt to avoid relegation in the Vanarama National. Was offered a new 1 year extension with another year if we got promoted which could now extend my stay until at least 2026.

Key Players: 

Harvey Rhoades - Very solid at the back and chipped in with 8 goals and has signed a contract until the end of next season.

Tom Allan - A great CB partner to Rhoades who helped contribute to the league's best defence. He was also a massive threat from set pieces with 9 goals and has also signed on for next season.

Brad Jackson - Provided great deliveries from the right wing and got 29 assists in the league which is ridiculous.

Kamil Conteh - All action centre midfielder who was all over the pitch in the box-to-box midfield role. Signed on for next season.

Nyal Bell - The main man up top, scoring massive 42 league goals. He had a purple patch at the beginning of the season with 17 goals in the first 11 games, but then struggled in the middle of the season when we went on bad run, before finishing strongly and helping us seal promotion.

Best Youth Intake Player: I signed a few youth players and this was the best one - Fabiano Donnetti

Overall Best ElevenAs expected

FinancesIt looks ok for now!

Manager ProfileCompleted my National C and National B licenses. Currently studying towards the National A license.

Season    Team           League                          Finish  FA Cup            FA Trophy   Top Goalscorer  Most Assists  Notes  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2023/24   Bamber Bridge	 Vanarama National League North	  1st	 4th Qual. Round   3rd Round    Bell (42)      Jackson (29)    Promoted as Champions!
Edited by Cloondawg

End of Season Review

Season 2025/26

Marine

Season Summary

We enjoyed another cracking season, winning the league title and promotion and playing two giants on the game in the cups.

Season Details

League Table - As has become the norm, once we hit the top, we never looked back.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - Unbeaten sicne October, we were simply sensational.

F. A. Cup - We went out away to top flight Tottenham Hotspur at the third round stage though our bank balance enjoyed a good day.

Carabao Cup - Another top flight giant, Manchester City, ended our interest in this cup at the third round stage.  We did enjoy another bumber payday though.

Papa Johns Trophy - Despite a loss, we topped our group though League One Wigan Athletic dumped us out on their own patch in the third round.

Friendlies - Five wins and five losses equate to a mixed pre season campaign.

Squad - We continue to get better as more quality is added each transfer window.

Squad Dynamics - This continues to remain rather good.

Transfers In 1 & 2 - More quality was added both in loans and free transfers as we improved the squad significantly.

Transfers Out 1 & 2 - There were some major sales as big offers were received for some of our best players.  I found it very hard to say no.

Youth Candidates - Attacking midfielder Jamie Flood is considered the best prospect out of a very poor intake.  No one will be offered professional terms.

Finances - Thanks to player sales and two big cup games away to top flight sides, we made a significant amount of money this year and our bank balance is now very healthy.

Key Players

Ethan Wheatley - Despite having to share the striker role, he remains a goal machine.

George Hirst - Due to the form of our main two strikers, he was usually deployed on the wing though his form was exceptional.

Ethan Laird - What a coup in bringing the right back in on a free transfer.  He proved to be far too good for this division.

Mika Biereth - Another exceptional acquisition on a free transfer, he arrived in November and was a great addition to the squad.

Yaya Dosso - Our best loan signing this year, the teenage French centre back arrived from Italian side Inter for the year and was sublime.

Next Season

Is it unthinkable to achieve another promotion?

Personal Contract

2024/25      27 September 2024             30 June 2026         £850 p/w ↑        £650 p/w ↑
2025/26            11 May 2025             30 June 2027         £900 p/w ↑        £675 p/w ↑

Personal Coaching Data

2023/24    Minimal = (1.00*) ↑   National B    ↑↑     6 ↑   5 ↑   2 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   6 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑   8 ↑   1 =   4 ↑   4 ↑   6 ↑   8 ↑  6 ↑  6 ↑
2024/25    Minimal = (2.00*) ↑   Continental C ↑↑     8 ↑   8 ↑   3 ↑   1 =   1 =   2 ↑   8 ↑   8 ↑   8 ↑   8 =   1 =   7 ↑   7 ↑   8 ↑  16 ↑  9 ↑  8 ↑
2025/26    Minimal = (2.50*) ↑   Continental B  ↑     9 ↑   9 ↑   4 ↑   1 =   1 =   2 =   9 ↑   9 ↑  10 ↑   8 =   1 =   8 ↑   8 ↑   9 ↑  19 ↑ 10 ↑  9 ↑

Club Facilities

At Start   Basic                Basic                  4       Basic                 Fairly Basic     Basic              Local      (1.00*)
2023/24    Basic =              Basic =                4 =     Basic =               Average      ↑   Fairly Basic  ↑    Local    = (1.00*) =
2024/25    Basic =              Basic =                4 =     Basic =               Adequate     ↑   Average       ↑    Local    = (1.50*) ↑
2025/26    Basic =              Basic =                4 =     Basic =               Good         ↑   Above Average ↑    Regional ↑ (1.50*) =

Season Record

2024/25      53        38        8        7          126             47                 +79              71.70% ↑
2025/26      57        39       12        6          126             50                 +76              68.42% ↓

Overall Career Record

2024/25         106        75       18       13         262             111                +151               70.75% ↑          678 days
2025/26         163       114       30       19         388             161                +227               69.94% ↓        1,049 days

Transfer Purchase Record

Transfer Sale Record

1 January 2025    Harry Brockbank           Right Back             Forest Green Rovers          England                        £45,000
 1 January 2026    Leighton Clarkson         Central Midfield       Swansea City                 England/Wales               £1,500,000

Trophy Haul

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------
1 x Sky Bet League Two             (2025/26)

Career Overview

2024/25           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League              1st ↑     Third Round            ↑        N/a           Promoted as champions.  F. A. Trophy fourth round.
2025/26           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Sky Bet League Two                    1st ↑     Third Round            ↑    Third Round ↑     Promoted as champions.  Papa Johns Trophy third round.

Edited by DazRTaylor

End of Season Review

Season 2026/27

Marine

Season Summary

It was another fabulous season as we won the League One title on the final day and also lifted our first domestic cup, the Papa Johns Trophy.

Season Details

League Table - We were always in the top three and it wasn't until Blackpool fell away during the run in that promotion was confirmed.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - We found it harder as you would expect though we were still consistent enough.

F. A. Cup - It was our best performance to date as we reached the fourth round before losing away to Championship side Charlton Athletic.

Carabao Cup - We enjoyed another decent cup run before losing at home to top flight outfit Crystal Palace at the fourth round stage.

Papa Johns Trophy - After comfortably winning our group, we went all the way to the final where we outplayed Manchester City's Under 21 side to lift our first domestic cup.

Friendlies - We performed much better during pre season which set us up nicely for the league campaign.

Squad - We need to improve the quality of our squad before we can challenge for a Premier League spot.

Squad Dynamics - This is still lovely.

Transfers In 1, 2 & 3 - I finally spent some serious money as I brought in some quality youngsters and some top tier loans that required a loan fee.

Transfers Out 1, 2 & 3 - Over £8m was raised in player sales as bid bids came in for our best players.

Youth Candidates - It was a much better intake with right sided midfielder Lydon Wilford YP27A3 being the best prospect.

Finances - We made a healthy profit this season as our bank balance has grown somewhat.

Key Players

Moro Mercier - A deadline day signing, the teenage French left winger cost £350,000 and has been excellent.

Joe Haigh - Comfortable in either central midfield or on either wing, he was superb though he needed to be as he is our highest earner by some distance.

Robbie Deas - The Scottish centre back played above himself as he was our best defender.

João Veloso - The Portuguese Under 21 international central midfielder was a late January signing on loan from Benfica and he is simply far too good for this league.

Cédric Lafleur - Anotgher January loan signing, the Nice striker very quickly settled into the squad and performed exceptionally.

Next Season

A safe, mid table finish would be marvellous.

Personal Contract

2025/26            11 May 2025             30 June 2027         £900 p/w ↑        £675 p/w ↑
2026/27      29 September 2026             30 June 2028       £1,300 p/w ↑        £925 p/w ↑

Personal Coaching Data

2025/26    Minimal = (2.50*) ↑   Continental B  ↑     9 ↑   9 ↑   4 ↑   1 =   1 =   2 =   9 ↑   9 ↑  10 ↑   8 =   1 =   8 ↑   8 ↑   9 ↑  19 ↑ 10 ↑  9 ↑
2026/27    Decent  ↑ (3.00*) ↑   Continental A  ↑    10 ↑  10 ↑   4 =   1 =   1 =   2 =  10 ↑  10 ↑  10 =   8 =   1 =   9 ↑   9 ↑  10 ↑  20 ↑ 12 ↑ 10 ↑

Club Facilities

At Start   Basic                Basic                  4       Basic                 Fairly Basic     Basic              Local      (1.00*)
2023/24    Basic    =           Basic =                4 =     Basic =               Average       ↑  Fairly Basic   ↑   Local    = (1.00*) =
2024/25    Basic    =           Basic =                4 =     Basic =               Adequate      ↑  Average        ↑   Local    = (1.50*) ↑
2025/26    Basic    =           Basic =                4 =     Basic =               Good          ↑  Above Average  ↑   Regional ↑ (1.50*) =
2026/27    Adequate ↑           Adequate ↑             4 =     Basic =               Exceptional  ↑↑  Excellent     ↑↑   Regional = (2.00*) ↑

Season Record

2025/26      57        39       12        6          126             50                 +76              68.42% ↓
2026/27      62        43        8       11          136             59                 +77              69.35% ↑

Overall Career Record

2025/26         163       114       30       19         388             161                +227               69.94% ↓        1,049 days
2026/27         225       157       38       30         524             220                +304               69.78% ↓        1,406 days

Transfer Purchase Record

9 June 2026       William Humphries         Central Defender       Exeter City                  England                       £400,000
1 February 2027    Challis Adegbenro         Striker                Tranmere Rovers              England                       £475,000

Transfer Sale Record

1 January 2026    Leighton Clarkson         Central Midfield       Swansea City                 England/Wales               £1,500,000
18 June 2026       Ethan Laird               Right Back             Hull City                    England                     £3,400,000
21 July 2026       Mika Biereth              Striker                Coventry City                England                     £4,000,000

Trophy Haul

2026/27    Papa Johns Trophy

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------
1 x Sky Bet League One             (2026/27)

1 x Papa Johns Trophy              (2026/27)

Career Overview

2025/26           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Sky Bet League Two                    1st ↑     Third Round            ↑    Third Round  ↑    Promoted as champions.  Papa Johns Trophy third round.
2026/27           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Sky Bet League One                    1st ↑     Fourth Round           ↑    Fourth Round ↑    Promoted as champions.  Papa Johns Trophy winners.

Edited by DazRTaylor

End of Season Review

Season 2027/28

Marine

Season Summary

An excellent first season in the Championship that was ended in ther cruellest of ways, the play off final.

Season Details

League Table - We have to be pleased with a fourth placed finish.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - We were competing for a top two spot until a seven match winless run over the Christmas and New Year period ended any hope we had of automatic promotion.

Promotion Playoffs - A thrilling semi final over Nottingham Forest saw the club prevail by six goals to four over the two legs setting up a final against Middlesbrough.  Alas, it proved a step too far and we remain in the second tier for another season.

F. A. Cup - Our best performance to date as we made it through to the fifth round before powerhouse outfit Chelsea proved to be far too strong and comfortably beat us on our own ground.

Carabao Cup - A narrow defeat at fellow Championship side Nottingham Forest at the third round stage ended our interest in the competition for another year.

Friendlies - With only two defeats, we enjoyed another fruitful pre season campaign.

Squad - We have improved the squad considerably though we do rely on the strength of our loans a little too much.

Squad Dynamics - It is still rather good.

Transfers In 1 & 2 - Thanks to the sales we made, we had the funds to invest in new talent and invest we did, spending over £7m in the process.

Transfers Out 1, 2, 3 & 4 - Over £30m was raised in player sales as big bids for our stars were just too good to turn down.

Youth Candidates - I am disappointed once again as we are yet to receive a player rated by our scouts as "elite".  Striker Julian Andrews YP28E18 is regarded as the pick of the bunch.

Finances - Another very healthy profit was made as the clubs bank balance continues to grow.

Key Players

Moro Mercier - The French winger spent a large part of the season sulking as I denied him a move to the top flight.

Miguel Azeez - The club record signing enjoyed an excellent first campaign with the side playing in central midfield.

Damián Batallini - An experienced winger, comfortable on either side, who we picked up on a free transfer in January after he left his homeland, Argentina.

Cédric Lafleur - The French striker enjoyed another quality campaign at the club on loan from Nice.

David Jackson - Now a full Scotland international, the central midfielder signed for the club on loan from Tottenham Hotspur for the season.

Next Season

I wish to challenge for an automatic promotion spot.

Personal Contract

2026/27      29 September 2026             30 June 2028       £1,300 p/w ↑        £925 p/w ↑
2027/28      28 September 2027             30 June 2030       £1,900 p/w ↑      £1,300 p/w ↑

Personal Coaching Data

2023/24    Minimal = (1.00*) ↑   National B      ↑↑   6 ↑   5 ↑   2 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   6 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑   8 ↑   1 =   4 ↑   4 ↑   6 ↑   8 ↑  6 ↑  6 ↑
2024/25    Minimal = (2.00*) ↑   Continental C   ↑↑   8 ↑   8 ↑   3 ↑   1 =   1 =   2 ↑   8 ↑   8 ↑   8 ↑   8 =   1 =   7 ↑   7 ↑   8 ↑  16 ↑  9 ↑  8 ↑
2025/26    Minimal = (2.50*) ↑   Continental B    ↑   9 ↑   9 ↑   4 ↑   1 =   1 =   2 =   9 ↑   9 ↑  10 ↑   8 =   1 =   8 ↑   8 ↑   9 ↑  19 ↑ 10 ↑  9 ↑
2026/27    Decent  ↑ (3.00*) ↑   Continental A    ↑  10 ↑  10 ↑   4 =   1 =   1 =   2 =  10 ↑  10 ↑  10 =   8 =   1 =   9 ↑   9 ↑  10 ↑  20 ↑ 12 ↑ 10 ↑
2027/28    Okay    ↑ (3.50*) ↑   Continental Pro  ↑  13 ↑  13 ↑   5 ↑   1 =   1 =   2 =  13 ↑  13 ↑  13 ↑  12 ↑   1 =  11 ↑  11 ↑  12 ↑  20 = 13 ↑ 13 ↑

Club Facilities

2023/24    Basic      =         Basic =                4 =     Basic =               Average       ↑  Fairly Basic   ↑   Local    = (1.00*) =
2024/25    Basic      =         Basic =                4 =     Basic =               Adequate      ↑  Average        ↑   Local    = (1.50*) ↑
2025/26    Basic      =         Basic =                4 =     Basic =               Good          ↑  Above Average  ↑   Regional ↑ (1.50*) =
2026/27    Adequate   ↑         Adequate ↑             4 =     Basic =               Exceptional  ↑↑  Excellent     ↑↑   Regional = (2.00*) ↑
2027/28    Good     ↑↑↑         Average  ↑             4 =     Basic =               Exceptional   =  Exceptional    ↑   National ↑ (2.00*) =

Season Record

2026/27      62        43        8       11          136             59                 +77              69.35% ↑
2027/28      55        30       11       14          102             60                 +42              54.55% ↓

Overall Career Record

2026/27         225       157       38       30         524             220                +304               69.78% ↓        1,406 days
2027/28         280       187       49       44         626             280                +346               66.79% ↓        1,800 days

Transfer Purchase Record

Date               Player                    Position                                Club Purchased From          Country                   Transfer Fee
17 December 2023   Brad Bood                 Left Back                               AFC Telford United           England                         £2,000
 9 June 2026       William Humphries         Central Defend                          Exeter City                  England                       £400,000
 1 February 2027   Challis Adegbenro         Striker                                 Tranmere Rovers              England                       £475,000
10 July 2027       Borislav Vidović          Goalkeeper                              FK Čukarički Beograd         Serbia                        £850,000
15 July 2027       Miguel Azeez              Defensive Midfield/Central Midfield     Fulham                       England                     £1,800,000

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position                                Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
 1 January 2024    Dylan Graham              Goalkeeper                              Salford City                 England                         £3,200
 1 January 2025    Harry Brockbank           Right Back                              Forest Green Rovers          England                        £45,000
 1 January 2026    Leighton Clarkson         Central Midfield                        Swansea City                 England/Wales               £1,500,000
18 June 2026       Ethan Laird               Right Back                              Hull City                    England                     £3,400,000
21 July 2026       Mika Biereth              Striker                                 Coventry City                England                     £4,000,000
 2 August 2027     Lewie Bingley             Striker                                 Brighton & Hove Albion       England                    £11,500,000

Trophy Haul

2026/27    Papa Johns Trophy

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------
1 x Sky Bet League One             (2026/27)

1 x Papa Johns Trophy              (2026/27)

Career Overview

2025/26           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Sky Bet League Two                    1st ↑     Third Round            ↑    Third Round  ↑    Promoted as champions.  Papa Johns Trophy third round.
2026/27           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Sky Bet League One                    1st ↑     Fourth Round           ↑    Fourth Round ↑    Promoted as champions.  Papa Johns Trophy winners.
2027/28           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Sky Bet Championship                  4th ↑     Fifth Round            ↑    Third Round  ↓    Lost in promotion playoff final.

Edited by DazRTaylor