• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

South Shields 2023/24

South Shields F.C. - Wikipedia

Recruitment

image.thumb.png.982c4d69e4aa5e288139617d13fa3687.png

Despite the team actually having an affiliation with Sunderland all my attempts to acquire a player on loan from them were denied. However using the good old faithful system of trialing a couple hundred unattached players to filter them down. We ended up having a strong window picking up a high quality centre-back duo in Taylor Foran and Marques Muir. They would prove pivotal in our promotion bid. On the other end of the field we created the fearsome Willchuck combo with Jaden Williams and Caleb Chukwuemeka a duo that would score 50 goals combined. Luckily the team already had above average full-backs. And while our wingers and midfielders left for more to be desired our starting eleven was still among the absolute best (in particular our defense). Granted our depth was questionable.

Tactics

image.png.f81fe24529dc27ed022e2b6fff20fb17.png

I decided to apply a simple style using 442 aiming to find a balance of keeping the ball either in our feet or Infront of the team. Kept it simple on the roles but I do love pressing forwards in the lower tiers to help cover the lack of athleticism in the midfield which very much applies to us. Multiple times I considered adding more direct play as Jaden Williams had the profile to get in behind. But as the season unfolded he proved more than fit to the tactic as is.

Table

image.thumb.png.fc00f5f2b98da0907dd6318be43fa2cf.png

I actually had long accepted taking on the playoffs. After all during the season we only twice touched the 1st position and immediately conceded it. And when a tiring 1-4-1 April went by combined with a loss in game week 42 against main competitor Fylde. I was convinced the title was forsaken and playoffs would be our claim for promotion. But somehow Fylde went on to draw all their 4 remaining matches while we won all of them creating a final match day leapfrog clinching a title and promotion in one go.  

Now if only more than 5 of our players were willing to discuss a contract extensions. Taylor Foran, Marques Muir and Jaden Williams have all already announced their intent to explore options and the end of their contracts. I have a small hope I could convince Taylor Foran and Jaden Williams to reconsider. But I got some money on the table for Marques Muir which I took. I also suspect Caleb Chukwuemeka to follow suit soon. I have a long summer window a head of me...

History

image.png.8e9e243fe7b3d2a96b739095cdd851a0.png

End of Season Review

Season 2024/25

Kings Langley

mItvaZq.png

Season Summary

Defeat in the promotion playoff final was a bitter pill to swallow and even two excellent cup runs couldn't lift spirits.

Season Details

League Table - A second place finish was good enough to qualify for the promotion playoffs.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - last season, too many draws cost us a chance of the league title.  This year we lost too many.

Promotion Playoffs - A convincing win over Woking in the semi final set up a final at Wembley against Chesterfield where it went to extra time before we ran out of energy and ideas and are forced to stay in the fifth tier for another year.

F. A. Cup - A cracking cup run, we knocked out League One sides Barnsley & Bristol City before being beaten at home by Championship outfit Wigan Athletic in the fourth round.

F. A. Trophy - It was another good cup run, this time all the way to the semi finals before a dreadful performance at home to Hartlepool United left us with too much to do in the second leg.

Friendlies - A better pre season results wise against the usual array of tough Football League opponents.

Squad - So much quality.  How we failed to win the league is beyond me.

Squad Dynamics - It is still rather lovely.

Transfers In 1, 2 & 3 - More changes as I once again added significant quality to the squad.

Transfers Out 1, 2 & 3 - Quite a few departures and for money too.  Around £275,000 was raised in player sales.

Youth Candidates - Austrain right sided midfielder Erich Sanders is supposed to the best player from what can only de described as an appalling intake.

Finances - Two good cup runs, a promotion playoff final at Wembley, together with transfer fee income, enabled the club to make a healthy profit this year and we are comfortably in the black.

Key Players

Colm Whelan - Starting the season as our backup striker, he soon cemented his place in the starting lineup and scored an exceptional 35 goals in 40 appearances.

Tom Dele-Bashiru - Versatile midfielder who held the side together since he arrived in December.

Jack Byrne - The experienced Irishman is capable in central midfield or on either wing and was one of our best signings of the summer.

Josh Martin - Exceptional on either wing, the twenty three year old had a good season whe he wasn't on the physio's bench.

Alfie Mawson - What a signing and on such a low wage too.  The veteran defender filled a huge gap at centre half when he signed in January.

Next Season

Promotion must be the only aim.

Personal Contract

Season     Contract Start Date     Contract Expiry Date     Pre Tax Wage     Post Tax Wage
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start          25 June 2023             30 June 2024         £750 p/w          £575 p/w
2023/24          25 March 2024             30 June 2025         £675 p/w ↓        £525 p/w ↓
2024/25       22 November 2024             30 June 2026         £700 p/w ↑        £550 p/w ↑

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications     Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                 1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2023/24    Minimal = (1.00*) ↑   National C      ↑    5 ↑   5 ↑   2 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   4 ↑   4 ↑   5 ↑   4 =   1 =   4 ↑   5 ↑   5 ↑   5 ↑   5 ↑   5 ↑
2024/25    Minimal = (2.00*) ↑   Continental C ↑↑↑    9 ↑   9 ↑   4 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   9 ↑   9 ↑   9 ↑   4 =   1 =   7 ↑   8 ↑   8 ↑  16 ↑   9 ↑   9 ↑

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Youth Level  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Adequate             Poor                   0       Basic                 Basic            Limited            Local   (1.00*)
2023/24    Adequate =           Poor =                 0 =     Basic =               Basic        =   Limited =          Local = (1.00*) =
2024/25    Adequate =           Poor =                 0 =     Basic =               Fairly Basic ↑   Basic   ↑          Loacl = (1.00*) =

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2023/24      55        32       15        8          129             61                 +68              58.18%
2024/25      60        40        7       13          131             71                 +60              66.67% ↑

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2023/24          55        32       15        8         129              61                 +68               58.18%            327 days
2024/25         115        72       22       21         260             132                +128               62.61% ↑          692 days

Transfer Purchase Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Purchased From          Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
17 January 2024    Usman Maduako             Central Defender       Blackpool                    England                         £1,400
11 February 2024   Jem Hewlett               Central Defender       Chesterfield                 England                         £5,000
22 June 2024       Lee Harkin                Right Wing/Striker     Dagenham & Redbridge         England                        £24,000
 7 August 2024     Alex Kirk                 Central Defender       Lincoln City                 England                       £100,000

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     F.A. Cup                    League Cup        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2023/24           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League North        2nd       Third Qualifying Round         N/a            Promoted via promotion playoffs.  F. A. Trophy fifth round.
2024/25           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League              2nd ↑     Fourth Round           ↑       N/a            Lost in promotion playoff final.  F. A. Trophy semi final.

Edited by DazRTaylor

Also giving this a go for the first time this year with Folkestone Invicta  on the Xbox version. Halfway through the season and in the playoff spots, so will see if we can push on late in the season to try and climb to the top spot, or at least a good position for the playoffs. 

Hi all. I'm relatively new to Football Manager (started with FM22), and didn't even know these forums existed until the other day. I enjoy managing lower league teams, but have never tried a challenge like this one. I'd love to play as St. Ives Town as I'm from Cambridge and they're the most local team I can play as. Has anyone seen them promoted yet? I've got Royston as a backup save, just incase.

2 hours ago, wheatoplays said:

Hi all. I'm relatively new to Football Manager (started with FM22), and didn't even know these forums existed until the other day. I enjoy managing lower league teams, but have never tried a challenge like this one. I'd love to play as St. Ives Town as I'm from Cambridge and they're the most local team I can play as. Has anyone seen them promoted yet? I've got Royston as a backup save, just incase.

They're low reputation compared to a lot of other clubs so it'll be hard to get them promoted but keep trying the reloads. Also you can monitor this post for saves with promoted clubs.

1 hour ago, kingjericho said:

They're low reputation compared to a lot of other clubs so it'll be hard to get them promoted but keep trying the reloads. Also you can monitor this post for saves with promoted clubs.

Thank you for the reply. I'll keep reloading. The lowest rep team I've seen so far is 1,850 rep.

On 31/10/2022 at 13:03, HighFlyingDwarf said:

Lewes F.C. - Season 2023/2024

First season of the challenge. Everything is overhauled as we look to keep our heads above water in the National League South. I play an aggressive 4-2-3-1, it could be considered a form of Gegenpressing but it's not based off the in game style.

National League South

What was looking like a good campaign with an outside shot at the playoffs kicked into overdrive come February as we didn't lose a single game from then on. A late wobble saw us draw our last three games, finishing up tied with Maidstone and Dorking, our huge goal differential advantage secured the title with a game to spare.

FA Cup

We nearly managed to squeak into the First Round Proper but were beaten by Maidenhead 1-3 at home. after a couple of late goals.

FA Trophy

A decent run to the Third Round before we were beaten by Torquay 4-3 after another late goal.

Transfers

Too many to name or screenshot! Will hopefully be a little less cluttered next season.

Player of the Season

Hamzad Kargbo - A utility forward and central defender combo. Managed to score 12 goals and was named POTM 10 times with a big average rating of 7.53

Season    League                     Finish   Notes
2023/24   National League South      1st      Champions, Manager of the Year

Screenshot 2022-10-31 184849.png

Screenshot 2022-10-31 190242.png

YES! Love that you're doing Lewes

Guiseley AFC

download.png.fe834c147945eb2d265538db2660f507.png

National League North – 2023/24 – 2nd

Squad

Transfers

Overview

Promotion secured at the first time of asking via the play-offs. I was able to pickup a good number of players released by Premier League clubs in pre-season with ex-Newcastle winger Isaac Westendorf a highlight. I had a surprise when I started as ex-Manager Russ O’Neill was Director of Football.. I had managed to miss this happening in real life.

We started strongly and won ten of our first twelve games leaving us comfortably clear at the top of the table. A poor run during November and December including 5 defeats on the trot cost us top spot having sacrificed top place. Form improved and we ended up banking a respectable 95 points for the season. Unfortunately we were up against a dominant Blyth side who finished on 99 points taking top spot. During the season we strengthened with further excellent signings and were in a position to cruise through a playoff semi against Spennymoor 2-0 and then finally secured promotion by the same scoreline over Chester at Wembley, ironically in one of our worst performances of the season.

Key Players

Amadou BakayokoThe ex-Bolton striker scored 35 goals having signed in mid-October.

Zak Brunt The young midfielder signed on a free from Sheff United and hit 22 goals from midfield.

Record

Season          League                          Position          Europe                        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2023/24         National League North         2nd                                               Play-Off Winner, Promoted      

Lewes F.C. - Season 2025/26

Time to push on and make progress in getting out of this division?

National League

Table

Transfers

A stinker of a finish was the reverse of our good run at the end of last season. Need to get those dynamics under control in "Morale Manager"!

FA Cup

We went one step further than last season and reached the Third Round! The highlight of the run was a win against MK Dons in the First Round before a generous draw against Daggenham and Redbridge (albeit away) saw us ride a good streak into January. Unfortunately however, that's where our involvement ended.

FA Trophy

We also had a good go of it in the FA Trophy reaching the Quarter Finals, but high flying Notts County eliminated us with a penalty at the end of stoppage time in a 3-2 win at the Dripping Pan.

Transfer of the Season

Morgan Williams - A really decent acquisition at right back from Yeovil with an average of 7.02. Also chipped in with 4 goals.

Player of the Season

Hamzad Kargbo - The big man just keeps going. 19 goals this season.

2024/25   National League            14th      
2025/26   National League            13th     FA Cup Third Round Proper 

All the best in Marine!  I wanted them but after several hours reloading couldn't get them.

I am using a variation of 4-3-3 with a DM and a lone striker.

I am also buzzing after the win on Sunday!  Always nice to beat the bears.  We still need a QB though so I expect we will pick around 10 & 15 in draft so may need to give both up to move to two and draft wither Young or Stroud.

5 hours ago, DazRTaylor said:

All the best in Marine!  I wanted them but after several hours reloading couldn't get them.

I am using a variation of 4-3-3 with a DM and a lone striker.

I am also buzzing after the win on Sunday!  Always nice to beat the bears.  We still need a QB though so I expect we will pick around 10 & 15 in draft so may need to give both up to move to two and draft wither Young or Stroud.

I actually downloaded the save from the guy above who posted a bunch f saves to gett them.  I remember their FA cup run.

Ya!  Used to think we'd be drafting #1 which a horrible season but probably more middle of the pack if we are on a winning streak

8 hours ago, Tyer said:
  Hide contents

Hi all, this is my first try and this kind f save in England!  Did somethng similar in Scotland last year.

Anyone find any tactics that work well in lower league? just the good old 4 4 ****in 2?  Haven't had much luck this year, the lines seem to have me confused.  

Im a Lions fan also Daz!

What is the skin you're using for the game?

First season done and dusted

image.thumb.png.4c46ce3977d5664f97c5ff8d90227ac3.png

Lost in the first round of the playoffs 1-0 to Oxford City, still a good achievement considering we were predicted to finish 22nd at the start of the season and regularly labelled the underdogs throughout. 

Recruitment was a bit of a shambles, signed 28 players, 12 players left during the season and my two best average rated players were at the club before I joined. Now I know what I want, I'll be overhauling the squad and aiming for promotion in the next season. 

End of Season Review

Season 2025/26

Kings Langley

mItvaZq.png

Season Summary

We were so good in the league as we stormed to the league title and promotion to the Football League.  Winning the F. A. Trophy for a non league double was the icing on the cake.

Season Details

League Table - Once we were top, we stayed there and finished the league campaign by winning the league title by a huge nineteen points.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - Despite dropping silly points, we did win enough games to break away.

F. A. Cup - There was no repeat of last seasons heroics as a tough loss in round two away to League One Barnsley ended our interest in the cup for another year.

F. A. Trophy - We were excellent throughout and other than a replay against Billericay Town in the third round, we never looked like not winning.

Friendlies - We are getting better during pre season and more than held our own against much higher ranked opponents.

Squad - We are very strong for our level with plenty of depth.

Squad Dynamics - Everyone loves everyone else.

Transfers In 1, 2 & 3 - Whilst I have still not spent any money on transfer fees, the quality of the arrivals increased our ability considerably.

Transfers Out 1, 2 & 3 - Around £575,000 was raised in player sales as I needed to balance the books.

Youth Candidates - It was another dreadful intake with Swedish right winger Jalal Basri supposedly the pick of the bunch.

Finances - Thanks to income from player sales and another Wembley appearance, together with some cash in on some transfer clauses, we made a handsome profit again this year and our bank balance is looking great.

Key Players

Tom Dele-Bashiru - It was another cracking season from the versatile midfielder.

Alfie Mawson - The veteran continues to marshall our defence.

Oisin Smyth - The big surprise of the season.  Signed as a backup for numerous positions, he quickly established himself as a first team regular.

Mipo Odubeko - The striker was exceptional, scoring 31 goals in 44 appearances.

Alex Mowatt - The highly experienced midfielder showed why he has played the majority of his career in the Championship.

Next Season

I think another promotion is on the cards.

Personal Contract

Season     Contract Start Date     Contract Expiry Date     Pre Tax Wage     Post Tax Wage
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start          25 June 2023             30 June 2024         £750 p/w          £575 p/w
2023/24          25 March 2024             30 June 2025         £675 p/w ↓        £525 p/w ↓
2024/25       22 November 2024             30 June 2026         £700 p/w ↑        £550 p/w ↑
2025/26          26 March 2026             30 June 2028         £700 p/w =        £550 p/w =

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications     Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                 1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2023/24    Minimal = (1.00*) ↑   National C      ↑    5 ↑   5 ↑   2 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   4 ↑   4 ↑   5 ↑   4 =   1 =   4 ↑   5 ↑   5 ↑   5 ↑   5 ↑   5 ↑
2024/25    Minimal = (2.00*) ↑   Continental C ↑↑↑    9 ↑   9 ↑   4 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   9 ↑   9 ↑   9 ↑   4 =   1 =   7 ↑   8 ↑   8 ↑  16 ↑   9 ↑   9 ↑
2025/26    Minimal = (2.50*) ↑   Continental B   ↑   10 ↑  10 ↑   7 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =  10 ↑  10 ↑  11 ↑   4 =   1 =   9 ↑  10 ↑  10 ↑  20 ↑  11 ↑  12 ↑

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Youth Level  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
At Start   Adequate             Poor                   0       Basic                 Basic            Limited            Local      (1.00*)
2023/24    Adequate =           Poor =                 0 =     Basic =               Basic        =   Limited      =     Local    = (1.00*) =
2024/25    Adequate =           Poor =                 0 =     Basic =               Fairly Basic ↑   Basic        ↑     Local    = (1.00*) =
2025/26    Below Average ↓      Poor =                 0 =     Basic =               Average      ↑   Fairly Basic ↑     Regional ↑ (1.50*) ↑

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2023/24      55        32       15        8          129             61                 +68              58.18%
2024/25      60        40        7       13          131             71                 +60              66.67% ↑
2025/26      57        43        5        9          122             39                 +83              75.44% ↑

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
2023/24          55        32       15        8         129              61                 +68               58.18%            327 days
2024/25         115        72       22       21         260             132                +128               62.61% ↑          692 days
2025/26         172       115       27       30         382             171                +211               66.86% ↑        1,064 days

Transfer Purchase Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Purchased From          Country                   Transfer Fee

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
17 January 2024    Usman Maduako             Central Defender       Blackpool                    England                         £1,400
11 February 2024   Jem Hewlett               Central Defender       Chesterfield                 England                         £5,000
22 June 2024       Lee Harkin                Right Wing/Striker     Dagenham & Redbridge         England                        £24,000
 7 August 2024     Alex Kirk                 Central Defender       Lincoln City                 England                       £100,000
29 July 2025       Josh Martin               Left/Right Wing        Southend United              England                       £175,000

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------
2025/26    Vanarama National League.
2025/26    F. A. Trophy.

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------
1 x Vanarama National League (2025/26)

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------
1 x F. A. Trophy (2025/26)

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     F.A. Cup                    League Cup        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2023/24           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League North        2nd       Third Qualifying Round         N/a            Promoted via promotion playoffs.  F. A. Trophy fifth round.
2024/25           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League              2nd ↑     Fourth Round           ↑       N/a            Lost in promotion playoff final.  F. A. Trophy semi final.
2025/26           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League              1st ↑     Second Round           ↓       N/a            Promoted as champions.  F. A. Trophy winners.

Edited by DazRTaylor

South Shields 2024/25

Sync South Shields's fixtures to your favourite calendar app.

Assembling the squad

image.png.7772d8283ce501988b635c266694f877.png

Good news! Previously assumed to leave Taylor Foran has signed a new deal - long live captain Foran! However previous top scorer Jaden Williams has left for League 2 team Harrogate Town. This meant it was crucial to find a new leading man upfront, and a new partner for Foran. This window was a struggle as despite my idea of creating a shortlist and using trials too weed out any U23 player released from a prem club in hopes of finding another Taylor Foran-esque player; was of course brilliant. There was however one issue (outside the issue of about 1/3 not wanting anything to do with us)... Competition to sign. We pretty much lost to every club in England when competing to sign a player. However a positive development with the promotion was the fact we could now get two players in on loan from our affiliate Sunderland. OH! And I realized I shouldn't filter for Expired - English players but Expired - UK&Irish players

Zak Johnson would join our defense and despite his leading quality being his height. Zak would somehow struggle to be more than a reliable squad player - mind you those are not common around here. The other player we acquired on loan was none other than Harrison Jones! But in all seriousness he would prove a good addition too our weakest area of the field - the central midfield. Some other lads were added for the midfield amongst them: Mark Helm who became the regular pairing with Jones. There also is new goalie in Brad Young and a revamp of our left-flank. Tom Field would become starting left-back - a far more experienced player than most of our options. Ahead of him would be Liam Smith a good old pace winger with a bit of technique and dribbling but little to no end product. We could do with a new right-winger but I am soft for academy products as such Joel Kirby is given the spot.

image.png.239ab8edc360092fa10be6ee75fc76e9.png

But now to the important stuff everyone is waiting for! Who is Foran's new partner? Is it Charlie Hayes-Green snatched up from Kettering Town for a mere 12K compensation fee? While Hayes-Green physical profile leaves for more to be desired... he's a solid defender that's not allergic to having the ball in possession. Or would it be Jarrell Quansah an absolute unit even amongst titans who was more scared of the ball? Luckily for me the latter was a natural at both centre-back and right-back and quickly proved a more consistent performer than loanee Zak Johnson allowing me to play both Quansah and Hayes-Green. 

Up top I ended up with two main options. Tai Sodje a Man City release - one of the few that choose us over other options. He was similar to the other striker we picked up Owen Farmer. With both being get in-behind type strikers. The question was finding out who would pair with surprisingly still here Caleb Chukwuemeka. Sodchuk? Farmchuk? Well in the end there is no more Chuk as he left in winter after receiving a 50K bid which I brushed of replying with 200K... which they accepted. Bit surprised I tried convincing myself why this was a good sale. After all Caleb was on fire scoring 16 in 19 and had the perfect profile to pair with Sodje or Farmer who after all were to similar to play up top together. 

image.thumb.png.0a257d894a78310daddb1d561ecc38bb.png

The Season

image.png.18d69ecfc0f5529d8744194980afe4d7.png

Tactics remained the same. August went 50-50 taking a loss to promotion bidders Chesterfield. However in September we moved into a positive direction with a 3-1-1 record which included an important 3-0 win over Doncaster who also would put in a strong year. October went in a similar fashion but with an irritating loss too relegation fighters Torquay United. November would end up perfect in the league but also see us head out of the FA Cup first round versus Huddersfield. December saw us end up with the sale of Chukwuemeka at which point I really questioned if I had shot my so far title bid in the leg. However Tai Sodje which had lost out on a starting role to Farmer mainly due himself. Perfectly took the chance to step up scoring in 4 out 5 starts. Making me halt scouring the nooks and cranny of the entirety of the United Kingdom for a new striker. At the end of December we would be leading the back. Our so far excellent form saw disaster in February costing us the pole position as we went 1-0-3 - but the win is very noteworthy as it was our second of the year over Doncaster. This form drop was however short lived and thank god for that because March was packed with 7 games of which we only lost points in 2 of them. Chesterfield however initiated their Flyde impression tanking a 6 points lead at game week 40 finishing 3rd. Despite Doncaster being in blitzing form winning 8 in a row to see off the season they finished 2 points behind us. Making the otherwise painful February exceptionally tasty in hindsight.

Final Table

image.thumb.png.4204c85ab5d315105ae966989ed25448.png

image.thumb.png.43f7eb8d7569c1f8476585fde03b25e3.png

Brad Young proved himself a great pickup despite actually being the 3rd in the pecking order of goalies I attempted to sign. Our defense was yet again stellar with Taylor Foran as expected leading the charge. Quansah was solid but a more conventional right-back could be a smart pickup for next season. Hayes-Green will likely continue as Taylor Foran's main partner next year, and despite not having the best performances Tom Field will have to do at left-back. Youngster Joel Kirby at right wing struggled but that was expected. Harrison Jones did well in the midfield (even covered up top on occasions), but I would prefer a even better player in his spot, and I already have my eye on a better loanee in this position if Sunderland allows it. Liam Smith (thank god I realized I can sign anyone from the UK not just England) because man he was fantastic! He didn't let his 8's in crossing&passing or 7 shooting stop him, and I am inclined to trust him for next year. Up top Tai Sodje ended up eventually playing to our hopes despite needing until December to start. Owen Farmer played really well whenever available but that was a slight issue with him. His selection availability isn't the best. Others that are of note our previous starting left-flank Josh Doherty and Rosaire Longelo of who only the latter will continue with us next year. Joining Josh Doherty out the door is Lewis Lukeman, Zak Johnson and Harrison Jones. 

I hope to loan in a new leading striker protagonist next year, and have Farmer & Sodje compete playing whomever is in form. As I mentioned above I also hope to loan in leading midfielder after that some cover that is reliable. And while we could definitely find a better staring right wing I give Joel Kirby special status. Perhaps I should be more ambitious in signings but I genuinely think we already have good quality. While Tom Field didn't have a good season rating yield he has quality that's hard to replace within our target pool. In short there is without a doubt better players available out there, but Id rather find good quality step ups than small increments at this point. As for our chances next season I think playoffs are very much on the menu. Oh and I will be hurling contract renewals at Tayylor Foran every opportunity I can - That man will be my captain in the Premier League!

image.png.4562fc6237b98d9bfeb281699bfdece7.png

Edited by HbG93

I'm so slow when it comes to pre-season. You lot seem to get through a whole season at the same rate it takes me to complete the first pre-season. Anyway, I just snapped up this amazing looking striker from Gloucester City! I'm very excited to see how he performs.

20221116190218_1.jpg

Hitchin Town FC 2023/24 Season 

image.jpeg.a78d2be00a91f1fc03c72496617f3512.jpeg

First season was a success Promoted through the play offs. Will be a tough season a head will need to find some good free transfers.

Season Details:

Season competition overview

Vanarama National League North League Table Play offs

Tactics 4-3-1-2 Asymmetrical ST CR

Ass man best XI

Finances

Players:

Squad

Key Players 

Reiss Greenidge

Christian Saydee

Euan Pollock

Giorgio Rasulo

Manager profile

spacer.png

Warrington Rylands 2025/26 Season Review

League Table    Playoffs    Squad    Transfers    Finances

A two-horse race with Southend. Which is fine and all, but falling to 2nd after sitting in 1st most of the season was distinctly unamusing. Fatigue, injuries, and suspensions eventually took their toll. Going into the last round we were still on top if only on GD. An away fixture to 23rd-placed Maidenhead gave us every chance to keep it that way, but alas we couldn't keep our cool.

Got off to a flying start in the playoffs with a convincing victory over Leyton Orient. That gave me high hopes for the final this time, but it turned into one of the tightest affairs you're likely to see. It would take until the 2nd half of extra time before the first few clear-cut chances were created, all from somewhat silly mistakes. A completely missed header from Washington let York open the scoring with a simple tap-in, quickly followed by a penalty kick after Jones kicked the ball straight into a prone opponent and had to lunge for it to cover for his mistake. While Holland-Wilkinson managed to claw one back for us, there just wasn't enough time for a proper comeback. In the VNN we stay. :(

In terms of the squad, our discount Zlatan is still doing a job up front but is definitely slowing down compared to last season. I pushed the wingers in my 4-1-4-1 up into more of a 4-1-2-2-1 with the aim of the AMR/AML and a CM(A) getting onto headers from Smith. Scales performed the midfield role admirably, scoring more than anyone else in the team, but I had hoped for more from Jarvis and Dolan. I think I may move away from the Target Forward approach for next season to see if we can't get more goals out of these forwards.

Accepted a too-good-to-turn-down offer for Kelly from Wigan who instantly wanted to loan him back. Fine by me. I can't seem to get him performing as I think he should so I'm frankly not heart-broken to eventually see him go. Then again if playmakers like him can't shine in my system, then maybe I should consider a tweak or two…

Aim for next season: Win the league. We're clearly capable. Just don't tell the players — they felt unduly pressured from the mere suggestion of avoiding relegation. :rolleyes:

Season    League              Finish   Notes
2025/26   Vanarama National   2nd      Lost in Playoff Final
2024/25   Vanarama National   3rd      Lost in Playoff Final
2023/24   Vanarama North      1st      League winners

1 hour ago, HighFlyingDwarf said:

What happened??

I signed too many players and was trying to get too many fit at the same time. It caused me to go on a run of bad form. South Shields were expected by the media to win the league (interestingly as a recent promoted club)

My next job was Buxton, I'm off the challenge path now, and got instantly sacked after 30 days when I applied for a third job lol. Now I'm just waiting for someone to take a chance on me, but the struggle is real. 

Just now, jcp1417 said:

I signed too many players and was trying to get too many fit at the same time. It caused me to go on a run of bad form. South Shields were expected by the media to win the league (interestingly as a recent promoted club)

My next job was Buxton, I'm off the challenge path now, and got instantly sacked after 30 days when I applied for a third job lol. Now I'm just waiting for someone to take a chance on me, but the struggle is real. 

About South Shields after I left, they actually made it to the FA Cup 3 round and played Man United at Old Trafford!! absolutely nuts! They were probably right sack me, but they missed the playoffs by a point

On 11/11/2022 at 10:56, Crispypaul said:

So it's basically impossible to get Winchester, my hometown, so instead I've gone for Dorchester Town where i was born

That's annoyin, I'd love to do a Winchester save, I'm in Southampton so definitely the closest and most intriguing team possible for the challenge 

I had to start the save new, I didn't have it saved to the cloud and my PC went blue screen of death and I lost my save 

I was about mid table about 1/3 in the league with Marine first time around  will put a new post with new save shortly

On 20/11/2022 at 01:05, managerialmuggle said:

That's annoyin, I'd love to do a Winchester save, I'm in Southampton so definitely the closest and most intriguing team possible for the challenge 

There is a guy @lionel messi who puts together down to English non-league Level 10 database. I think he has released down to level 8 atm. This could be of interest to you. 

4000392.png.7898693b9a0a105f00b969312032d9fd.png

Crispypaul
Dorchester Town
National League South
2023/24

League - Season Review - went all the way to the wire but we managed to lift the title on the last day of the season

FA Cup - Fixtures - a very good run to the 2nd round where Charlton were too much

FA Trophy -  Fixtures - great run to the semis, heartbreak as Scunthorpe won on penalties

Transfers - usual large number of free transfers for this level

Finances - not too bad, thank you cup runs

Squad 

Key players:

Alfie Stanley - here when I joined, had a ludicrously prolific season

Mikell Barnes - Fulham youngster, top notch in midfield, but refused a contract renewal

Oliver Hemlin - good season from the ex Luton midfielder

Louie Slough - good at the back for the young journeyman centre half

Charlie Sheringham - a last season for Teddy's son which was a good one

Josh Allen - another ex Luton youngster, good season up front

Future - try our best not to get relegated

Season	 Division		Position	FA Cup		League Cup		Europe		Notes						
2023/24  NLS			1st		2nd Round		-		-		Champions, promoted, FA Trophy semis

Lewes F.C. - Season 2026/27

National League

Table

Transfers

Out of the playoffs on the final day. Nout much more to be said. A poor stretch from October thru November in the league left us way off the pace. Just a couple of wins instead of losses would have made the difference, but we go again next season.

FA Cup

We got into the main competition again but were dumped out by Bradford City in the First Round Proper.

FA Trophy

Our best chance of a trophy this season. After a dull first leg at home, Barnet beat us in Extra Time with a last ditch Tom Carpenter winner on 120 minutes of extra time. Devastating, but our time will come.

Transfer of the Season

Duncan Idehen - Too good for this level at centre back. He averaged over 7 rating across the season after being snapped up on a free from Worthing. A one and done player as he's moving to Chesterfield for next season for a decent transfer fee.

Player of the Season

Hamzad Kargbo - The big man just keeps going. 19 goals this season. Hang on. Where did we hear this before?

2026/27   National League            9th

image.png.80ce1204f6c55c0f25b9c0e957bf7d31.png

2025-2026

1st Season League 2

image.png.b36812d39e73da7c6feef999b865da72.png

image.png.7a40010d16fa28b96769f0d5108ee610.png

Matlock Town moving up to League 1 after a successful inaugural League 2 season. We were led by our potent forwards- Caleb Chukwuemeka (25 goals, 7 assists. 12 POM, 7.56), Ben Simpson (purchased for 13.5K from Dover- great find by my scouts, 20 goals, 7 assists, 9 POM, 7.49), Leyton Stewart (14 goals, 3 assists, 4 POM, 7.08) and Kyle Hudlin (11 goals, 6 assists, 7 POM, 7.31). Our key midfielders were Daniel Redfearn (from Tottenham after youth release, 4 goals, 8 assists, 1 POM, 7.12), Darren Oldaker (released by Colchester, 3 goals, 5 assists, 7.02) and loanee Alexander Dolo (from Arsenal- they let him go to us on youth release for next season- 12 matches, 1 goal, 5 assists, 7.01). Our defense became rock solid after we bought Forest Green backup keeper Lewis Thomas (5.25k, 8 clean sheets in 12 matches), though Matty Alexander played OK (8 clean sheets, but very inconsistent). Our backline excelled with our three key DC shining- Daniel Maher (4 goals, 2 assists, 3 POM, 7.37), Skipper Scott Holding (2 goals, 2 assists, 7.19) and Spaniard Stephen Jones (signed on free from Manchester City- 7.01). We are in the process of getting a new stadium, so there won't be a lot of funds available for our initial season in League 1, but if the youngsters can develop a little bit more we should be ok. 

Once more having a crack at this challenge. Was really hoping to get a 'casuals' team in the reloads but no luck and so I plumped for a team local to where I live, the mighty Folkestone Invicta.

Will be running my usual all out pressing, massive attack focused tactics again so I'm expecting some fun scorelines along the way but hopefully pushing for the play-offs in the first season. As always my objective is to do whatever i can to make it into League 2 ASAP before spending some time working on the infrastructure for a couple of years as we go pro.

Meet Harvey Bassett - aka DJ Harvey the house/disco/garage DJ - I've always liked to name the managers after famous DJ's, something about the idea of an international DJ retiring and deciding to go into football management makes me smile. In the past it's been drum and bass DJs so I thought a bit of Disco house might make a nice change :) 

image.png.a8cc816aae12d48b878238dbdc47a398.png

image.png.1ccd21a725db45ed92ed8519d3a594e1.png

4000392.png.7898693b9a0a105f00b969312032d9fd.png

Crispypaul
Dorchester Town
National League 
2024/25

League - Season Review - a really good first season at this level, made it to the play off final only to lose on penalties to Bromley

FA Cup - Fixtures - a good run ended away at Leeds in the 3rd round

FA Trophy -  Fixtures - all the way to final this time but tonked by Colchester

Transfers - usual overhaul

Finances - very good thanks to our Wembley appearances, we're not going professional though

Squad 

Key players:

Alfie Stanley - prolific again

Teddy Rowe - strong midfield performance from the ex Villa youngster

Elliott Bolton - another strong midfielder

Ademola Ola-Adebomi - great season for the former Palace youngster, league teams sniffing around though

Ollie Gofford - another strong performer in midfield

Alfie Lloyd - young striker on loan from QPR, great season

Future - will see if we can get automatic promotion

2023/24  NLS			1st		2nd Round		-		-		Champions, promoted, FA Trophy semis
2024/25	 NL			3rd		3rd Round		-		-		Lost in FA trophy final and play off final

Lewes F.C. - Season 2027/28

National League

Table

Transfers

Inadvertently shared this table in my last update so I'm going to fix that to reflect what actually happened in 26/27, but to echo what I said there.

"Out of the playoffs on the final day. Nout much more to be said. A poor stretch from October thru November in the league left us way off the pace. Just a couple of wins instead of losses would have made the difference, but we go again next season."

FA Cup

Consistently having long FA Cup runs seems to be harming our league chances, this season was no different, we reached the Second Round and lost to Grimsby.

FA Trophy

Beaten by Ilkeston in the Semi Finals. We drew 2-2 away but lost 0-1 at home. Frustrating.

Transfer of the Season

Jamie Arnold - In the words of Alan Partridge: "Striker!" (See Player of the Season below)

Player of the Season

Morgan Williams and Jamie Arnold - Morgan Williams gets the fan vote at right back with a 7.15 average and some key goals. Jamie Arnold gets my vote, given he scored 25 goals and played nearly 50 games across the season.

2026/27   National League            10th
2027/28   National League            9th

image.png.d2c1ad2bf6ac710b5d0f7cf9436d6346.png

Santa Claus

St. Ives Town

National League North

2023/24

LeagueSeason Review - We breezed through our first season, winning the league easily with a few matches to spare. Record goals scored, and record goal scorer in Tom Peacock. I won manager of the season, and Peacock won player of the season.

FA Cup - Fixtures - Made it to the first round proper, but got knocked out my MK Dons after a very tight match.

FA Trophy - Fixtures - Got to the final, knocking National League side Rochdale out along the way. We outplayed Bromley, who were lucky to win. It'll be our turn next season!

Transfers - Brought in pretty much a whole new squad, and didn't spend a penny. Made a profit on a few of them nearer the end of the season, as they became unhappy with unrealistic promises and wanted to leave.

Finances - We were in and out of the red like a yoyo. Good cup runs kept us from sinking even further into the red.

Best 11

Key Players:

Tom Peacock - Amazing young striker, who was the club and league top scorer. Even beat the record for most goals in National League North. He has plenty of time to get even better, as long as he stays injury free.

Lachlan Brook - scored 13 from the right wing.

Bayli Spencer-Adams - Solid at the back, and defended like a champ. 

Tom Williams-Evans - Another very young player who had an amazing season for us. Switched between central midfield and right wing when needed, and did a brilliant job in both positions.

Jacob Shepherd - Played on the left wing. Banged in some great goals and set plenty up as well.

Next Season - Staying up is the priority. Would love an even better FA Cup run, and winning the FA Trophy would be great.

2023/24  NLN			1st		1st Round		-		-		Champions, promoted, FA Trophy final

Folkestone Invicta 2023-24

Great season, some super signings, top goal scorer and a very, very surprisingly dominant league form, for some reason we just couldn't replicate it during the cups which was a real shame. as the cash would have really helped. Anyway, onwards and upwards to the National League.

image.png.ce5716007d4262ad18a1c1e82f1e57b6.png

image.png.7c5c7db5823d124b4d26a2467921660e.pngimage.png.d281bba98f59a0d6272f381ff48aa016.pngimage.png.1905f883d31f199894d38152500f98ab.pngimage.png.6c11b33bd7d5bb9c35ad65d9ac0e1799.png

Nuneaton Boro 23/24

Not my best manager job. First round proper of the FA cup was nice.  Finished the season 4th, playoffs.  Lost badly in the first round of playoffs.  Looking forward to rebuilding and letting some players go. 

image.png.6c91463d06846facdf35f324e7a7be09.png

image.thumb.png.65faf69f3f7c3f240d69be11c7ab214a.png