[FM23][SKIN] The Annual Show Your Skin thread

TCSSkin

23 hours ago, Loda said:

How is this possible?!  :confused::applause:

A combination of custom classes, graphics & transformation containers.  Could be done without the transformation containers to be fair, but just would have required creating an additional 99 pizza slice graphics.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, GIMN said:

A combination of custom classes, graphics & transformation containers.  Could be done without the transformation containers to be fair, but just would have required creating an additional 99 pizza slice graphics.

Oh my. Fair play on that one. Must have taken a fair bit of time. :applause:

Player profile, still work in progress. Gotta figure out what to do with the left portion below the player pic, still not 100% happy with it.

Absolutely love the attribute bars (shoutout to @bluestillidie00 for that one), don't think I'm going back to regular attributes any time soon.

694f43d81f91479f2bce1224e0735eb5.thumb.png.46dce8350bef1608bccb259d086bea54.png

56 minutes ago, (sic) said:

Player profile, still work in progress. Gotta figure out what to do with the left portion below the player pic, still not 100% happy with it.

Absolutely love the attribute bars (shoutout to @bluestillidie00 for that one), don't think I'm going back to regular attributes any time soon.

I like that tbf. Looks a bit sparse, can maybe add another row of information but that's up to you

On 22/03/2023 at 19:04, GIMN said:

I've been away for a few years, the personalisation of classes is a definite area that has progressed in that time. It's proper arduous work, I don't know where you guys get the patience from... the results speak for themselves though. 

I can kinda figure how Ben has done those bar graphs (which are also great and makes me want to relook at my stats) but I'm not sure I can get my head around those pizza charts!

This isn't skinning for the sake of it either, it has a purpose. And personally I think stats might be the most important area that needs this type work. 

Edited by Loda

12 horas atrás, (sic) disse:

Very nice indeed

9 hours ago, Loda said:

I've been away for a few years, the personalisation of classes is a definite area that has progressed in that time. It's proper arduous work, I don't know where you guys get the patience from... the results speak for themselves though. 

I can kinda figure how Ben has done those bar graphs (which are also great and makes me want to relook at my stats) but I'm not sure I can get my head around those pizza charts!

This isn't skinning for the sake of it either, it has a purpose. And personally I think stats might be the most important area that needs this type work. 

the bar graphs are easy, they're essentially 20 different graphics, with it being all the way left, then all the way right and somewhere in between. 

then it uses a value based picture in the classes. i'll send mine over in a bit

9 hours ago, Loda said:

It's actually quite simple, but yeah very boring/repetitive.  I'll pop some example code in a spoiler so it doesn't make this post too long.

Spoiler
<container>
  <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />

<!--GRAPH AXIS PICTURE UNDERNEATH-->
  <container>
    <container height="500" width="500">
      <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="bottom" inset="0"/>
      <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="left" inset="0"/>
      <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />

<widget class="picture" file="mustermann/pizza/graph" scale_picture="false" image_alignment="centre">
        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0"/>
      </widget>

</container>
  </container>

<!--BOX IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER, IMAGE FROM 0 TO 30 DEGREES-->
  <container>	
    <container height="250" width="250">
      <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="bottom" inset="250"/>
      <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="left" inset="250"/>

<widget class="pizza_centre_back_xa" image_alignment="centre_x,bottom" alignment="centre_x,bottom">
        <record id="object_property" get_property="PxA9"/>
      </widget>
    </container>
  </container>

<!--BOX IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER, IMAGE FROM 30 TO 60 DEGREES-->
  <container>					
    <container class="transformation_container" height="250" width="250">

<widget class="pizza_centre_back_npxg">
        <record id="object_property" get_property="PNx9"/>
      </widget>
    </container>
  </container>

<!--BOX IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER, IMAGE FROM 60 TO 90 DEGREES-->
  <container>
    <container class="transformation_container" height="250" width="250">

<widget class="pizza_centre_back_gls">
        <record id="object_property" get_property="POgg"/>
      </widget>
    </container>
  </container>

<!--CENTRE CIRCLE TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE THE ATHLETIC/TIFO VERSION AND HIDE THE MESS WHERE ALL THE GRAPHICS MEET-->
  <container>
    <container height="50" width="50">
      <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="bottom" inset="225"/>
      <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="left" inset="225"/>

<widget class="picture" file="mustermann/pizza/hole" red_replacement="bg lighter" scale_picture="false" image_alignment="centre">
      </widget>

</container>
  </container>
</container>

Then I repeat that with the other 4 corners.  The classes themselves will point to a very specific set of graphics, at different degrees depending where they will be in the pizza chart.  I originally wanted to make it more adaptable, but it becomes a lot more confusing with rotations and insets.  Example graphic below (there is no green - in the actual skin it's just a transparent background) - and each slice has a separate graphic for each increment, all remaining inside a 250x250 box.  It's almost certainly not the most efficient way.

image.png.c18c9a8fd73a514dec1a570bb43696c7.png

There's an argument it might be for the sake of it, too, as there are already Data Hub visualisations for general performance, as well as those specific to position groups.  But I really wanted a pizza chart :lol:

I'm also very excited to see how SI develop on the Data Hub further - FM23 added new metrics and visualisations to further enhance the introduction of the Data Hub the year before, so I'm hoping they'll continue to bring more to it with each iteration.

1 hour ago, bluestillidie00 said:

the bar graphs are easy, they're essentially 20 different graphics, with it being all the way left, then all the way right and somewhere in between. 

Would you mind sending the example code over to me please? I'm very much still a learn by looking at other people's better work!

2 hours ago, bluestillidie00 said:

Yep. This is what I use - that way each ‘part’ is 5% of the total 100% graph. The class stipulates the ranges for values taken from a holiday save and averaged per positional area. 

With that, the stats on the main profile for human and non-human players and the icon for ‘DNA’ values, I have about 70-odd different classes that I’ve got going at once. 

Time consuming but relatively straight forward once you’ve got the hang of it. Huge credit to @bluestillidie00 because his attribute bars started this process/obsession off for me!

21 hours ago, (sic) said:

Can you share the skin with me please..

6 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Yep. This is what I use - that way each ‘part’ is 5% of the total 100% graph. The class stipulates the ranges for values taken from a holiday save and averaged per positional area. 

With that, the stats on the main profile for human and non-human players and the icon for ‘DNA’ values, I have about 70-odd different classes that I’ve got going at once. 

Time consuming but relatively straight forward once you’ve got the hang of it. Huge credit to @bluestillidie00 because his attribute bars started this process/obsession off for me!

Yeah from a cursory look I thought blue's attribute stuff kinda set a tone /predated it.. I'll see what he sends over but arduous doesn't really cover it. You guys have a commitment to creating these classes I don't think I can match :lol: 

I'm not sure where I'd start or how I'd decide the percentiles either. That seems particularly subjective but if you can get it right... 

I've not been a fan of Stag stats thing. From what I can see these are text widgets, presumably from real-life(?). Ever since I watched one of @Rashidi's streams and him trying to figure out for 20 minutes where this information was being drawn from :lol:, that really put me off as it doesn't seem to be in-game related and I'm not surprised it caused him some confusion. From what I see you aren't applying this though which I really like but takes me back to questions around percentiles. 

I'd like to include something like this in my skin and I might be able to colour scheme it in a relevant way, in-keeping with 2006 at a push but when all is said and done I'm really struggling for space on the player overview anyway, I really only have slim horizontal areas I'd happily sacrifice... Presumably it can be applied elsewhere though which does make it interesting... A sub-profile that could be applied around the game/player screens maybe. 

P.S. if any of you ever find a way to get games in role on this screen, I'd die a happy man :lol: (akin to bottom left, games in position, it's actually on the player tactics screen, bottom right).

Untitled.png

Edited by Loda

3 minutes ago, Loda said:

Yeah from a cursory look I thought blue's attribute stuff kinda set a tone /predated it.. I'll see what he sends over but arduous doesn't really cover it. You guys have a commitment to creating these classes I don't think I can match :lol: 

I'm not sure where I'd start or how I'd decide the percentiles either. That seems particularly subjective but if you can get it right... 

I've not been a fan of Stag stats thing. From what I can see these are text widgets, presumably from real-life(?). Ever since I watched one of @Rashidi's streams and him trying to figure out for 20 minutes where this information was being drawn from :lol:, that really put me off as it doesn't seem to be in-game related and I'm not surprised it caused him some confusion. From what I see you aren't applying this though which I really like but take me back to questions around percentiles. 

I'd like to include something like this in my skin and I might be able to colour scheme it in a relevant way, in-keeping with 2006 at a push but when all is said and done I'm really struggling for space on the player overview anyway, I really only have slim horizontal areas I'd happily sacrifice... Presumably it can be applied elsewhere though which does make it interesting... A sub-profile that could be applied around the game/player screens maybe. 

Untitled.png

Absolutely love that. If you want a tester, feel free to give me a shout 😂

37 minutes ago, Loda said:

I've not been a fan of Stag stats thing. From what I can see these are text widgets, presumably from real-life(?). Ever since I watched one of @Rashidi's streams and him trying to figure out for 20 minutes where this information was being drawn from :lol:, that really put me off as it doesn't seem to be in-game related and I'm not surprised it caused him some confusion. From what I see you aren't applying this though which I really like but takes me back to questions around percentiles. 

P.S. if any of you ever find a way to get games in role on this screen, I'd die a happy man :lol: (akin to bottom left, games in position, it's actually on the player tactics screen, bottom right).

Untitled.png

Every screen grab shared so far is mega impressive of this . Hope its one day in a place that its released but massive props for the work regardless!

On 23/03/2023 at 23:48, bluestillidie00 said:

I like that tbf. Looks a bit sparse, can maybe add another row of information but that's up to you

Yeah, that's the issue I had, I also felt there was too much unused space, and it didn't really look symmetrical. After letting it sit for a day, I just decided to do the same thing I already had previously.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Still have to fix the other selector panels and stuff, because a lot of stuff doesn't show up for players that aren't scouted/aren't at your club. Right now it looks like this for example:

Spoiler

664efad13e0633396549820d6e634f26.png

Now I'm probably gonna look into adding some more statistics, etc. to the player overview, we'll see how that goes.

For anyone who's asking me to share the skin, as I've said previously, I will not be sharing my skin this year. If I had wanted to share it, it would've been out already shortly after FM23 released. 
A lot of it is still unfinished, and I'm constantly going back and forth redesigning the same screens as I'm not always happy with how they look. I'm also designing the skin for my screen size/resolution only, as well as for my own personal taste, so it probably wouldn't work for some people, and I'm just not willing to take endless requests to add or change things.

Those are only a few reasons why I'm not releasing it this year. Maybe I will release a skin in the future, for FM24, but at this point I don't know.

On 23/03/2023 at 21:51, (sic) said:

ah man those bar attributes look great! is there any download for just those at all?

Finished a little rebuild of the data analyst screen to include my new FBREF-themed metric comparison tool with customisable player information selectors:

2867f8c53ee348b9b2bef8e9ebb93b25.png

As a reminder, the non-human profile looks like this, so this report is essential to uncover more detail on those good or elite level stats. I still can't, as per my wishes, see all of the attributes, but I can get a good understanding of how he plays and what he could bring to the team. My next steps here are to develop that bottom right box as I'm not sure how much extra it brings with the bars now in place. Would love to pick the brains of the members here to see what else they'd like to see from their analyst, that isn't going to duplicate what is in already in the scout report:

a79c8ea1ed194b2ab5a7f1f24d4d7ca8.png

---

I'm in pre-season right now so it's empty, but I've also added a hidden tab to utilise the comparison panel on the main player overview of a player I own, because, with my data analysts employed, I'd be able to request these comparisons:

14d172605463e9f61ad44f57c97cb385.png

Edited by _Ben_

Em 19/03/2023 em 14:29, bluestillidie00 disse:

Posted my personal skin on twitter and got some good reactions, so i might as well post it here. I won't be releasing it as its largely built off stuff taken from other skins, so it's not fair on them. Shoutout to @GIMN, @Grootinho, @_Ben_, @wkdsoul and others! I know its not the most effecient use of space or whatever, but I'm bored of making "conventional" skins after the last few years

image.thumb.png.ce1fe548441040e62934946cc0d5a699.png image.thumb.png.2ee3b68beb21d7a70c15da785e21edca.png

I really liked the way you setup your player profile screen, so clean and simple.

Decided to copy your idea and implemented to the skin I'm using.

image.thumb.png.6de7280d258b451a1eb40e934bdebe82.png

Still a work in progress, but it looks so much better from what I had before.

Thanks!

Progress is slow, but getting there.  Reworked the player profile to accommodate the pizza chart and other analytics, and expand the headline stats:

image.gif.3436fa923c4c5ec2b3fa1afa34b9b352.gif

Also added subtitles to each area, and brought the medical report back into the human player profile (for AI/Free Agent players career history takes the spot of training and medical):

image.thumb.png.f45477f51b1de2d3a265e0f319c5cf83.png

Also reworked staff profile to remove attributes.  Created some profile badges that appear for staff who have a combination of very high attributes.  The idea being that those who truly excel will have a reputation that precedes them.  Still need to add in hints for them.  Also a little reference section at the bottom to indicate personalities.

image.gif.46ee3312005e22a00c4bdd93116bc759.gif

10 minutes ago, GIMN said:

Progress is slow, but getting there.  Reworked the player profile to accommodate the pizza chart and other analytics, and expand the headline stats:

image.gif.3436fa923c4c5ec2b3fa1afa34b9b352.gif

Also added subtitles to each area, and brought the medical report back into the human player profile (for AI/Free Agent players career history takes the spot of training and medical):

image.thumb.png.f45477f51b1de2d3a265e0f319c5cf83.png

Also reworked staff profile to remove attributes.  Created some profile badges that appear for staff who have a combination of very high attributes.  The idea being that those who truly excel will have a reputation that precedes them.  Still need to add in hints for them.  Also a little reference section at the bottom to indicate personalities.

image.gif.46ee3312005e22a00c4bdd93116bc759.gif

The references is so cool, how have you done that? Favoured personell?

7 minutes ago, bluestillidie00 said:

The references is so cool, how have you done that? Favoured personell?

Yup; 3 separate elements with different insets.  Done in 3,1,2 order, so if there is only 1 favoured personnel it's central.  If only 2, it's against the 2 "real references".  The final reference is the same for everyone.  I couldn't find a label that felt appropriate, so just picked out a generic string that is light-hearted/comic enough to fit.  There's also something inherently funny about a supposed friend/peer giving a refence that's just "fickle" or "mercenary".

On 19/03/2023 at 14:29, bluestillidie00 said:

Posted my personal skin on twitter and got some good reactions, so i might as well post it here. I won't be releasing it as its largely built off stuff taken from other skins, so it's not fair on them. Shoutout to @GIMN, @Grootinho, @_Ben_, @wkdsoul and others! I know its not the most effecient use of space or whatever, but I'm bored of making "conventional" skins after the last few years

fm_hbYRfLLPWk.thumb.png.cd7644c8e8c8f634d94c3126cee86cbc.png fm_cdNVdKnAvn.thumb.png.cfa53c0c68e042fd546c7397aa99dde3.png fm_eAE44NPEDL.thumb.png.1a3ab47b8d22047b370d46db3a5cf8e1.png fm_k6GkwOHPV5.thumb.png.b4fb5d5ae2d8d06296eec167f599f42b.png fm_iCskOXCs4Q.thumb.png.42a2831504f0053a4da36486616d85f1.png fm_tHyJSas4Ez.thumb.png.689823c1fe6b2a65204c297cd94265ba.png fm_xmOInTbuiG.thumb.png.19955117e2ac7e51207dbc4c47684538.png fm_A3ZZ6hYsXp.thumb.png.7909cb310ef9d19100dd0906a6ca3043.pngimage.thumb.png.ce1fe548441040e62934946cc0d5a699.png image.thumb.png.2ee3b68beb21d7a70c15da785e21edca.png

Hi @bluestillidie00 - can I ask how you've been able to achieve the central alignment on the actions / tab bar please? I've tried a couple of things to achieve the same look but not quite getting there:

1. Adding spacer containers in the client object browser either side of ""sections_menu_strip" id="acse" -  This gets towards the look but the alignment of the tabs is still to the left, so looks off on screens with few options (e.g. squad screen) or cuts off on screens with a wide range of options (e.g. non-human managed club overview)

2. Applying different alignment values to the "sections_menu_strip" container in the COB - Appears to dislike any attempt to use 'middle' or 'centre' values and the tabs disappear. 

3. I've tried creating and pointing to a new "sections_menu_strip" class and applying different alignment values with the same issue as 2

4. Attempted adding "layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" alignment="middle"" to the "sections_menu_strip" container in the COB as this looks like it's worked on skins for previous games. This seems to have no effect so assume something has changed in the newer versions

I'm very new at all this so this has all been trial and error, and entirely likely I'm missing something obvious so a steer in the right direction would be much appreciated!

39 minutes ago, bill b said:

Hi @bluestillidie00 - can I ask how you've been able to achieve the central alignment on the actions / tab bar please? I've tried a couple of things to achieve the same look but not quite getting there:

1. Adding spacer containers in the client object browser either side of ""sections_menu_strip" id="acse" -  This gets towards the look but the alignment of the tabs is still to the left, so looks off on screens with few options (e.g. squad screen) or cuts off on screens with a wide range of options (e.g. non-human managed club overview)

2. Applying different alignment values to the "sections_menu_strip" container in the COB - Appears to dislike any attempt to use 'middle' or 'centre' values and the tabs disappear. 

3. I've tried creating and pointing to a new "sections_menu_strip" class and applying different alignment values with the same issue as 2

4. Attempted adding "layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" alignment="middle"" to the "sections_menu_strip" container in the COB as this looks like it's worked on skins for previous games. This seems to have no effect so assume something has changed in the newer versions

I'm very new at all this so this has all been trial and error, and entirely likely I'm missing something obvious so a steer in the right direction would be much appreciated!

People have been overthinking it for years. All I done was set a container with a horizontal_alignment="middle" and make the tab bar auto_size="horizontal"

image.png.1af06b38dbdf66344f3bff04d589d36d.png

8 minutos atrás, bluestillidie00 disse:

People have been overthinking it for years. All I done was set a container with a horizontal_alignment="middle" and make the tab bar auto_size="horizontal"

hello, is there any way to put the tab bar at the bottom of the panels?

1 hour ago, bluestillidie00 said:

That's worked like a charm - thanks for your help!

2 hours ago, bluestillidie00 said:

I'm always learning. Never used that method to align before. Thanks!

1 minute ago, _Ben_ said:

I'm always learning. Never used that method to align before. Thanks!

admittedly, I only figured it out this year too 😂 Like I knew it existed, i Just used layouts with spacers but this is easier

58 minutes ago, bluestillidie00 said:

admittedly, I only figured it out this year too 😂 Like I knew it existed, i Just used layouts with spacers but this is easier

I have panels full of 

<!--SPACER-->

<container>

</container>

because of this lack of knowledge!

14 minutes ago, bluestillidie00 said:

btw, an easier way, just use <container />

Yep. I've learnt that too. I've gone through and changed so many vertical_layout="-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1" etc for vertical_alignment="fill" in the past few days.

I've learnt all of this through osmosis and these little things are so noticeable now I'm going back to older panels and freshening them up.

Em 19/03/2023 em 11:29, bluestillidie00 disse:

fm_eAE44NPEDL.thumb.png.1a3ab47b8d22047b370d46db3a5cf8e1.png fm_k6GkwOHPV5.thumb.png.b4fb5d5ae2d8d06296eec167f599f42b.png fm_iCskOXCs4Q.thumb.png.42a2831504f0053a4da36486616d85f1.png fm_tHyJSas4Ez.thumb.png.689823c1fe6b2a65204c297cd94265ba.png fm_xmOInTbuiG.thumb.png.19955117e2ac7e51207dbc4c47684538.png fm_A3ZZ6hYsXp.thumb.png.7909cb310ef9d19100dd0906a6ca3043.pngimage.thumb.png.ce1fe548441040e62934946cc0d5a699.png image.thumb.png.2ee3b68beb21d7a70c15da785e21edca.png

Brilliant work, very inspiring and speaking and thinking aesthetically, it triggered some ideas that I would like to learn and incorporate into my personal use. Congrats!

In that regard, would you mind telling me how you manage to edit the colours and font used in the headings of such sections as I highlighted, please?

Personally, I still struggle a lot in understanding how to play around with these "link_buttons", (I'm aware that they are not all link_buttons, though) therefore, I asked a similar question on the "[FM23] Random and Small Skinning Questions" thread, if you consider it more pertinent to answer (or not :)) there.

Thanks anyway!

image.png.0dd6006bd50734fb824607aca6887218.png

image.png.5bb3943cfac275a7b7219d2944b50472.png

Edited by lugui

3 hours ago, lugui said:

Brilliant work, very inspiring and speaking and thinking aesthetically, it triggered some ideas that I would like to learn and incorporate into my personal use. Congrats!

In that regard, would you mind telling me how you manage to edit the colours and font used in the headings of such sections as I highlighted, please?

Personally, I still struggle a lot in understanding how to play around with these "link_buttons", (I'm aware that they are not all link_buttons, though) therefore, I asked a similar question on the "[FM23] Random and Small Skinning Questions" thread, if you consider it more pertinent to answer (or not :)) there.

Thanks anyway!

image.png.0dd6006bd50734fb824607aca6887218.png

image.png.5bb3943cfac275a7b7219d2944b50472.png

i might as well ask but could you share the font your using for this skin 

2 horas atrás, 01revenge disse:

i might as well ask but could you share the font your using for this skin 

The "Bundesliga" font is what I used for capital letters, mate. To be honest, it's a font that's already in the game, part of the licensed stuff.

And for the lowercase ones I use the entire SourceSansPro family.

I've been reworking the player profile for what feels like the longest time ever!  I'm sure there's people who even think I'm just reuploading the same images!  But...I've now got statistic led archetypes/badges.  12 in total, based loosely on The Athletic's 18 archetypes (https://theathletic.com/3473297/2022/08/10/player-roles-the-athletic/ - it is paywalled :() to appear at the top of the profile if a player meets the criteria - more attacking to the right, more defensive to the left.  Managed to rework just general total/stats too so that I can decrease the size of the container with the pizza chart in it (based loosely on The Athletic's subsidiary, Tifo Football).

image.thumb.png.b64272e2dd7bc53619b8b0fa57a053ff.png

Now that I've got hints working the way I want them to, I need to resist the urge to annotate everything!

1 hour ago, GIMN said:

I've been reworking the player profile for what feels like the longest time ever!  I'm sure there's people who even think I'm just reuploading the same images!  But...I've now got statistic led archetypes/badges.  12 in total, based loosely on The Athletic's 18 archetypes (https://theathletic.com/3473297/2022/08/10/player-roles-the-athletic/ - it is paywalled :() to appear at the top of the profile if a player meets the criteria - more attacking to the right, more defensive to the left.  Managed to rework just general total/stats too so that I can decrease the size of the container with the pizza chart in it (based loosely on The Athletic's subsidiary, Tifo Football).

image.thumb.png.b64272e2dd7bc53619b8b0fa57a053ff.png

Now that I've got hints working the way I want them to, I need to resist the urge to annotate everything!

This is amazing, how have you made it criteria based?

6 minutes ago, johnwalker said:

This is amazing, how have you made it criteria based?

Layers.

All 12 badges are on the page, but in front of them are classes with a very basic value list - either above the threshold or below the threshold.  If they are below the threshold the appearance is set as a background coloured box.  By stacking those classes on top of each other, they have to meet every threshold for the badge to show.

Just now, GIMN said:

Layers.

All 12 badges are on the page, but in front of them are classes with a very basic value list - either above the threshold or below the threshold.  If they are below the threshold the appearance is set as a background coloured box.  By stacking those classes on top of each other, they have to meet every threshold for the badge to show.

That is absolute genius. Be interested to look at the coding if you include it in your next update.

45 minutes ago, johnwalker said:

That is absolute genius. Be interested to look at the coding if you include it in your next update.

That's the plan, although I reckon it's still a couple of weeks away.  Still got a couple of things to work out, and then I've got to work out which files I need to copy across and adjust for the different versions.

12 minutos atrás, niklas88 disse:

Hi.
This will be a long post, a trip down memory lane...
Here is my failed attempt at replicating Football Manager 2006.
I played CM01/02 and FM 2005 over at my friends house, and a lot of other manager games before and in between, but 2006 was my first version FM.
I have always looked for and wanted to play with a Football Manager 2006 inspired skin, ideally a copy of the original :cool:
1 year ago I was home sick for two weeks due to covid.
I decided I had some time to try and learn skinning but my ambition to replicate FM06 turned out, in the end, to be too hard for me.
I spent an entire week copying and adapting the original graphics, so every icon, star, flag, font, box, button etc. is the original graphics from 2006.
Note, I played with the 2006 Metallic skin back then, can't remember if that was the default or an alternative.

In the end I realised that using original custom buttons and graphics was too complicated for me, it just looked strange in a lot of menus and windows.
After a while I started again for FM23 but I just feel i don't have the time nor the skill to ever finish it. 
Some screens and buttons are hard coded and it gets really frustrating when you hit a wall :seagull: 
Anyway here some pictures from FM22 and 23.

FM22 Main Menu

22MainMenu.png.52aea33879b405a47b78cf90912b602a.png

FM22 Squad View

22Squad.png.2c97977219a81cd2d7bce1ae7e167004.png

FM23 Squad View, this is where I am right now
I would like to remove the shadow on the sidebar but then the standard tables(where the playes are listed in this screen) doesn't look as good.
Some things I haven't figured out in this picture:
The tab bar buttons have the wrong colour, I can't find which one or where to edit.
The status buttons have the wrong font but I haven't yet checked all the files from 22, where it works as it should.
@Loda, when I compare to your skin, I realise I have the wrong tab bar image, strange since I have the right one in the main menu.
I suspect I had trouble moving the items on the tab bar :confused:
I also made som changes to the star ratings, the stars are the stars from 2006 but it was not displayed in the same way in 06.
I removed and/or combined the half stars and unknown stars so now it's more vague 

image.thumb.png.7b6a81b7edb6c2ab3f725699478c3e76.png

When I think of FM2006, I think of the font, the colours, my Cardiff team and the original facepack, I can still see the pictures of the players in my head.
I particularly liked a facepack for Southampton(I think it was downloaded), where Walcott played, that looked like this:
image.png.be9f5974dc00b96761ad7e655b532c4e.png
So, as a bonus I can show one more thing that took me MONTHS to complete.
I used the cut-out megapack and inserted the same background and border for all 400k+ pictures.
So here he is, 17 years later...
image.png.0ffb8f3d4c57f454a2d3454eba30d619.png

regards Niklas

Fantastic and beautiful work, mate. I can only imagine the size of the task, the challenges and the time dedicated, congrats.

Definitely one for the nostalgics, like myself. Great memories of that game and that time in life.

28 minutes ago, niklas88 said:

Hi.
This will be a long post, a trip down memory lane...
Here is my failed attempt at replicating Football Manager 2006.
I played CM01/02 and FM 2005 over at my friends house, and a lot of other manager games before and in between, but 2006 was my first version FM.
I have always looked for and wanted to play with a Football Manager 2006 inspired skin, ideally a copy of the original :cool:
1 year ago I was home sick for two weeks due to covid.
I decided I had some time to try and learn skinning but my ambition to replicate FM06 turned out, in the end, to be too hard for me.
I spent an entire week copying and adapting the original graphics, so every icon, star, flag, font, box, button etc. is the original graphics from 2006.
Note, I played with the 2006 Metallic skin back then, can't remember if that was the default or an alternative.

In the end I realised that using original custom buttons and graphics was too complicated for me, it just looked strange in a lot of menus and windows.
After a while I started again for FM23 but I just feel i don't have the time nor the skill to ever finish it. 
Some screens and buttons are hard coded and it gets really frustrating when you hit a wall :seagull: 
Anyway here some pictures from FM22 and 23.

FM22 Main Menu

22MainMenu.png.52aea33879b405a47b78cf90912b602a.png

FM22 Squad View

22Squad.png.2c97977219a81cd2d7bce1ae7e167004.png

FM23 Squad View, this is where I am right now
I would like to remove the shadow on the sidebar but then the standard tables(where the playes are listed in this screen) doesn't look as good.
Some things I haven't figured out in this picture:
The tab bar buttons have the wrong colour, I can't find which one or where to edit.
The status buttons have the wrong font but I haven't yet checked all the files from 22, where it works as it should.
@Loda, when I compare to your skin, I realise I have the wrong tab bar image, strange since I have the right one in the main menu.
I suspect I had trouble moving the items on the tab bar :confused:
I also made som changes to the star ratings, the stars are the stars from 2006 but it was not displayed in the same way in 06.
I removed and/or combined the half stars and unknown stars so now it's more vague 

image.thumb.png.1fff37d18d28e6a5f91864c22c1a1c4f.png

When I think of FM2006, I think of the font, the colours, my Cardiff team and the original facepack, I can still see the pictures of the players in my head.
I particularly liked a facepack for Southampton(I think it was downloaded), where Walcott played, that looked like this:
image.png.be9f5974dc00b96761ad7e655b532c4e.png
So, as a bonus, I can show one more thing that took me MONTHS to complete.
I used the cut-out megapack and inserted the same background and border for all 400k+ pictures.
So here he is, 17 years later...
image.png.0ffb8f3d4c57f454a2d3454eba30d619.png

regards Niklas

Your squad view is much better than mine :applause:whilst answering your questions I only realised there was a picking panel last night after all these years :lol: so I've improved mine massively thanks to you. The embedded buttons and picking buttons in the table (which you've had colouring issues with) are other really nice touches. You also have much greater patience with the morale icons, :lol:

The intro panel is perfect, I can never be assed to do this screen but if I did, that would be the blueprint. 

You've integrated a couple tab buttons well, maybe need a slight trim but you're on the right lines. Format and graphic, you're right is a little off.

I never have and never will be a fan of the extended sidebar. 06's was below the titlebar too but you still have to account for personal taste. 

Really nice work but most of all. It's really nice to see someone actually try it themselves and show a bit of initiative.  :applause: