[FM23][SKIN] The Annual Show Your Skin thread

TCSSkin

5 hours ago, hyrule_king said:

Insane work, every time i see it it inspires me to mess around with the graphics, my poor attempt so. :)

a8c5df0c51e335d0a0347c74fd6a6bf3.png

If you aren't formally educated in the area, it requires a ton of patience and time to hone your skills. It's not a quick process if your goal is to build an entire skin but you can get there.

I can't stress enough how big the guides (this year and from previous years) are to assisting. The search function is your biggest friend when it comes to skinning, there are ancient threads which are still relevant today.

You're giving it a go and not expecting everything to be spoon fed though, that's a big step along the way. People will always assist if they see effort too. 

Like blue, my first attempt at skinning was no masterpiece.... https://www.fmscout.com/a-sky-sports-skin-fm16.html - takes me back, my obsession with hidden sidebars is what started it :lol:

Also gives you an idea just how long I've been skinning.. (and I'm still far from perfect!) 

Edited by Loda

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Loda said:

If you aren't formally educated in the area, it requires a ton of patience and time to hone your skills. It's not a quick process if your goal is to build an entire skin but you can get there.

I can't stress enough how big the guides (this year and from previous years) are to assisting. The search function is your biggest friend when it comes to skinning, there are ancient threads which are still relevant today.

You're giving it a go and not expecting everything to be spoon fed though, that's a big step along the way. People will always assist if they see effort too. 

Like blue, my first attempt at skinning was no masterpiece.... https://www.fmscout.com/a-sky-sports-skin-fm16.html - takes me back, my obsession with hidden sidebars is what started it :lol:

Also gives you an idea just how long I've been skinning.. (and I'm still far from perfect!) 

I have read through most of the guides on here, It is a real mind bender how to get the placings within each container and where they should go on the page. I am finding the graphics side easier but nonetheless still hard.

Also, the patience aspect in regards to the graphics editing is truly ridiculous, working out how that curved edge will relate once it is in game, sadly I can't afford a decent photoshop, so am using GIMP to edit the files. The fun part is when you have deleted that tiny pixel and it looks as you wanted in game.

I had a look through some of the older skins to see if I could adapt them into 23, the flexion skin which I believe (not 100%) is what your skin is based on has the oddest looking font in game , it is huge but very clear. 

I have a "test" skin setup where I just explore different ideas for coding and graphics. Some of them are quite trippy :)

1338c6850dbfbc8478548451e445e62d.png

Edited by hyrule_king

16 hours ago, hyrule_king said:

I have read through most of the guides on here, It is a real mind bender how to get the placings within each container and where they should go on the page. I am finding the graphics side easier but nonetheless still hard.

Also, the patience aspect in regards to the graphics editing is truly ridiculous, working out how that curved edge will relate once it is in game, sadly I can't afford a decent photoshop, so am using GIMP to edit the files. The fun part is when you have deleted that tiny pixel and it looks as you wanted in game.

I had a look through some of the older skins to see if I could adapt them into 23, the flexion skin which I believe (not 100%) is what your skin is based on has the oddest looking font in game , it is huge but very clear. 

I have a "test" skin setup where I just explore different ideas for coding and graphics. Some of them are quite trippy :)

Cleaned it up a bit this morning. be08219083ebb2d0ac9b084cf12d8b12.jpg7bec02322672c629836638da01cd113f.jpg

Edited by hyrule_king

4 hours ago, hyrule_king said:

Cleaned it up a bit this morning. be08219083ebb2d0ac9b084cf12d8b12.jpg7bec02322672c629836638da01cd113f.jpg

I like this it's different to the usual skins

if it's for your own personal use who cares how it looks as long as your happy with it

Edited by Mark8213
mistake

On 08/03/2023 at 21:09, hyrule_king said:

I wouldn't recommend reading all the guides at once. It's more a work in progress and some may require 4/5 reads, that's normal. Just a bit at a time, as and when. I think a lot of people fall in the trap of expecting too much too soon so get discouraged (not saying that's you). 

I solely use paint.net, it was completely free (don't know if it still is). Takes a bit of time to get used to also but I wouldn't say I'm a graphical expert by any stretch. I like to keep things simple and I think it is. 

My skin is based on a old base skin, from FM06. When SI had a proper football skin for a football game  :eek: 

This looks fenomenal! What a great idea!

It should be the Full Match Panel!

1 hour ago, GIMN said:

Still WIP as I've got to restore the customise stats button, and work out how to scale it down for smaller resolutions, but got a new match report/graphic after someone asked if I could try and recreate the Soccerment style.  It's currently hidden in the old match analysis section, accessible by a link button on the match stats, but might look to put it in place of the full match panel.

image.png.78ada02fcd23257b38793fe59c73dc34.png image.png.a9639393a822c7c63c7613ef1241a728.png

After playing with the Last Opponent panel, I've been having a look at the Next Opponent. Here is what I've made:

fa65c2bfdc7f6ad17871f34038191ba0.png

Split into distinct areas for tactical style/players and then team stuff - either this season or longer term with the head to head.

It's busy, I know that, but a lot of my thought for this panel was around the fact that I often use it for screenshots in my career thread and, therefore, adding more info for the reader is usually quite useful.

Edited by _Ben_

1 hour ago, ThanatosAFC said:

Class skin mate, wonder how the player overview panel looks like :)

I was using the old one @GIMNhad on last years game but just using the basic one atm, need to work on it. 78423f83f828ac0aad40b28f6214f891.jpg

Tato player overview looks ok:

76da5fc6c8652781a279d8a2e4b85f63.jpg

Edited by hyrule_king

23 hours ago, hyrule_king said:

Neatened up some of the graphics, still not quite happy with the sidebar, I am trying to get it rounded corners all the way around. 

9458bd716c28def7d43c19b28578a982.jpg

Another Update:

d6198afa788c022ddef44b80636c1051.png

My next task is too learn how to use the containers properly so that I can replace the Primary Paper background and have everything in boxes on the screen.

On 11/03/2023 at 14:18, hyrule_king said:

Another Update:

d6198afa788c022ddef44b80636c1051.png

My next task is too learn how to use the containers properly so that I can replace the Primary Paper background and have everything in boxes on the screen.

838b178f350d1d991eb43b6f441da337.jpga81f6a7659c3847f97ad16a5527f6bd6.png

9 hours ago, pepsi17 said:

Very good you planed to release it?

Probably not. Just for personal use.

Been messing around with graphics and containers tonight. Still struggling with all the gibberish that is vertical this horizontal that within the code but enjoying messing around with the graphics.

3538db1a85bca32a1bc518bdddb965a6.jpg

5a5dc23fa29490b80bce34849e8e4956.png637129019037e722df450decfae915a6.jpg

ac8d1626966d1f4e56c384f4ad9ac936.jpg

d24ccaff034d53dd07e663c7dd1581c2.jpg

21 hours ago, putuadidharma0 said:

Please help me this penalty score not showing,please help me everyone

Football Manager 2023 14_03_2023 21_14_58.png

This is a "show your skin" thread, if you want an answer I'd post this in Random and Small Skinning Questions - I have this issue as well though and would love a solution.

11 hours ago, hyrule_king said:

Probably not. Just for personal use.

Been messing around with graphics and containers tonight. Still struggling with all the gibberish that is vertical this horizontal that within the code but enjoying messing around with the graphics.

3538db1a85bca32a1bc518bdddb965a6.jpg

5a5dc23fa29490b80bce34849e8e4956.png637129019037e722df450decfae915a6.jpg

ac8d1626966d1f4e56c384f4ad9ac936.jpg

d24ccaff034d53dd07e663c7dd1581c2.jpg

looks nice does this

On 06/03/2023 at 16:18, Loda said:

Finally sorted this to a point I'm content. I had all kinds of stability issues. I think I pushed my luck with the amount of data I tried to pull through from places I shouldn't. 

This is the only panel that has caused me a few difficulties. So a few pointers if anyone else is currently/thinking of having a shot...

I ended up having to redirect this so the actual working panel is team opposition report previous match analysis. The data hub folder won't allow most of this.

There are 3 ids which are interchangeable to help draw match info; opms (match stats) opmr  (scoreline) & opmi (action zones). These can be attached to a variety of analytics those are just the 3 I chose in brackets. A few things have their own IDs in the panel I mentioned already. 

The code for match momentum was what I used on the match-inbetween tablet but pointed to a different class and file obtained from properties. I'll just attach that below. xG and shots was coming through but that was when all the stability issues started. I didn't have much space to play with by that point anyway though. It's doable but may depend on what else is present. 

I have pointed to a few match files such as the heat maps, etc. that I use in match too. Pretty generic but may vary depending on the skin being used. 

<widget class="data_analyst_momentum_chart_widget" file="widgets/data analyst match momentum chart" id="afMM" visualisation_type="momentum">
            <translation id="title" translation_id="535500" type="use" value="Match Momentum[COMMENT: AREA: Data Visualisation; SUB-AREA: Pass map FR: 32708; TONE: Formal; CHARLIMIT: None; NOTE: dataviz title string, the match momentum data viz charts how the match went with regards to each team enjoying spells on top/chances created]" />
        <record id="object_property">
                    <integer id="get_property" value="objt" />
                    <integer id="set_property" value="objt" />
                </record>
        </widget>

I persisted with this as I think it's a huge upgrade on the base screen. 

Untitled.png

Still Incredible, welcome back D.

On 06/03/2023 at 16:18, Loda said:

Finally sorted this to a point I'm content. I had all kinds of stability issues. I think I pushed my luck with the amount of data I tried to pull through from places I shouldn't. 

This is the only panel that has caused me a few difficulties. So a few pointers if anyone else is currently/thinking of having a shot...

I ended up having to redirect this so the actual working panel is team opposition report previous match analysis. The data hub folder won't allow most of this.

There are 3 ids which are interchangeable to help draw match info; opms (match stats) opmr  (scoreline) & opmi (action zones). These can be attached to a variety of analytics those are just the 3 I chose in brackets. A few things have their own IDs in the panel I mentioned already. 

The code for match momentum was what I used on the match-inbetween tablet but pointed to a different class and file obtained from properties. I'll just attach that below. xG and shots was coming through but that was when all the stability issues started. I didn't have much space to play with by that point anyway though. It's doable but may depend on what else is present. 

I have pointed to a few match files such as the heat maps, etc. that I use in match too. Pretty generic but may vary depending on the skin being used. 

<widget class="data_analyst_momentum_chart_widget" file="widgets/data analyst match momentum chart" id="afMM" visualisation_type="momentum">
            <translation id="title" translation_id="535500" type="use" value="Match Momentum[COMMENT: AREA: Data Visualisation; SUB-AREA: Pass map FR: 32708; TONE: Formal; CHARLIMIT: None; NOTE: dataviz title string, the match momentum data viz charts how the match went with regards to each team enjoying spells on top/chances created]" />
        <record id="object_property">
                    <integer id="get_property" value="objt" />
                    <integer id="set_property" value="objt" />
                </record>
        </widget>

I persisted with this as I think it's a huge upgrade on the base screen. 

Untitled.png

absolutely can't wait for this. Incredible work

I put a lot of time and effort into developing youngsters and, to go in my career thread, I wanted to show that. I had a quick chat with @GIMN and threw some ideas round before coming up with this:

3e56a532bafe2c1b5a8cf7cffdfde8bf.png

It's on the player progress panel which means that there is so so much wasted space but it's something I can port across into my attribute-less (ish) styled Statman skin and still tell my reader how players are doing. However, we've actually found that the game has a bug that doesn't link the marker to the line colour - e.g. Determination is a green line yet purple on the key!

I'm actually considering using some of the space just as an information area to identify the attributes used by each focus so that I can find them quicker to highlight.

What do people think?

4 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

I put a lot of time and effort into developing youngsters and, to go in my career thread, I wanted to show that. I had a quick chat with @GIMN and threw some ideas round before coming up with this:

It's on the player progress panel which means that there is so so much wasted space but it's something I can port across into my attribute-less (ish) styled Statman skin and still tell my reader how players are doing. However, we've actually found that the game has a bug that doesn't link the marker to the line colour - e.g. Determination is a green line yet purple on the key!

I'm actually considering using some of the space just as an information area to identify the attributes used by each focus so that I can find them quicker to highlight.

What do people think?

That looks good and a fantastic idea.

From a personal point of view, I would want to see player positions, both feet strength and player traits, with a section to train them. Just the usual training things!!

7 hours ago, Watson156 said:

That looks good and a fantastic idea.

From a personal point of view, I would want to see player positions, both feet strength and player traits, with a section to train them. Just the usual training things!!

I think the panel is somewhat of a niche need for me. I like to see the additional focus of an ‘attribute driver’ whereas the P/R/D as more of a tactical thing and any attribute increases from working those 10/15/20 areas is a bonus. Therefore, I like to keep it separate from the actual training development screen, which displays attributes and total growth. 

I have made a few tweaks and it sits like this now:

image.thumb.png.002b08efb42b77a75759b3681e205de7.png

From this, you can see that Agazzi has been working on his Quickness and I can differentiate that Pace is the top one as it’s a greater (circle) value than the other. I’ve not been able to get the colour of line to show on that attribute, sadly.

——

As I said, it’s probably something that fits my needs and not everyone else’s so it’s one I would consider not releasing as part of a skin. 

Edited by _Ben_

1 hour ago, _Ben_ said:

I think the panel is somewhat of a niche need for me. I like to see the additional focus of an ‘attribute driver’ whereas the P/R/D as more of a tactical thing and any attribute increases from working those 10/15/20 areas is a bonus. Therefore, I like to keep it separate from the actual training development screen, which displays attributes and total growth. 

I have made a few tweaks and it sits like this now:

image.thumb.png.002b08efb42b77a75759b3681e205de7.png

From this, you can see that Agazzi has been working on his Quickness and I can differentiate that Pace is the top one as it’s a greater (circle) value than the other. I’ve not been able to get the colour of line to show on that attribute, sadly.

——

As I said, it’s probably something that fits my needs and not everyone else’s so it’s one I would consider not releasing as part of a skin. 

Ooh like this alot

23 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

My life was so calm and peaceful until @_Ben_ said, and I quote: "I want to plant a seed…player progress".  Discovered that by removing the labels, hints and the max_value on the y axis, that it's possible to maintain some ambiguity with attribute values.  Some similar ideas to Ben, some different, but have put this together for personal skin so I can screenshot progression in specific training areas on careers thread.

image.png.55330536e35fe30707f6be17f5b2b6e4.png

Still need to work out what I'll do for public release though.  The attribute progress graph is currently disabled on the graphical version, because until doing this it gave away the attribute values.  I imagine I'll just restore the regular version with changes to the y axis.

On 15/03/2023 at 21:43, _Ben_ said:

What do people think?

Amazing work. I don't think I will ever get to grips with the layout of panels so I am always very impressed when people come up with panels such as this.

I've been playing around lately trying to make panels and stuff that I can screenshot and, with some spare time this afternoon, have been trying to cut out a time-drain for me. Whenever I'm trying to sign a player, I export stats to compare percentiles. Now, I already have a similar thing in terms of the 'rating' on the profile but it's a bit vague:

eb102259447c6f6d8a8025bb5ac1fad4.png

Enter this:

81c846d7cd7173294c3f9b19db7fc5b1.png

Ranked across one of ten percentiles, I can easily get a picture almost identical to what I create, done in a fraction of the time (minus the build time of this afternoon, so far) with lots of inspiration from places like FBREF.

What do people think?

1 hour ago, _Ben_ said:

I've been playing around lately trying to make panels and stuff that I can screenshot and, with some spare time this afternoon, have been trying to cut out a time-drain for me. Whenever I'm trying to sign a player, I export stats to compare percentiles. Now, I already have a similar thing in terms of the 'rating' on the profile but it's a bit vague:

Enter this:

Ranked across one of ten percentiles, I can easily get a picture almost identical to what I create, done in a fraction of the time (minus the build time of this afternoon, so far) with lots of inspiration from places like FBREF.

What do people think?

i love it been looking for something like this

9 hours ago, bluestillidie00 said:

Posted my personal skin on twitter and got some good reactions, so i might as well post it here. I won't be releasing it as its largely built off stuff taken from other skins, so it's not fair on them. Shoutout to @GIMN, @Grootinho, @_Ben_, @wkdsoul and others! I know its not the most effecient use of space or whatever, but I'm bored of making "conventional" skins after the last few years

fm_hbYRfLLPWk.thumb.png.cd7644c8e8c8f634d94c3126cee86cbc.png fm_cdNVdKnAvn.thumb.png.cfa53c0c68e042fd546c7397aa99dde3.png fm_eAE44NPEDL.thumb.png.1a3ab47b8d22047b370d46db3a5cf8e1.png fm_k6GkwOHPV5.thumb.png.b4fb5d5ae2d8d06296eec167f599f42b.png fm_iCskOXCs4Q.thumb.png.42a2831504f0053a4da36486616d85f1.png fm_tHyJSas4Ez.thumb.png.689823c1fe6b2a65204c297cd94265ba.png fm_xmOInTbuiG.thumb.png.19955117e2ac7e51207dbc4c47684538.png fm_A3ZZ6hYsXp.thumb.png.7909cb310ef9d19100dd0906a6ca3043.pngimage.thumb.png.ce1fe548441040e62934946cc0d5a699.png image.thumb.png.2ee3b68beb21d7a70c15da785e21edca.png

:applause::applause::applause::eek:

7 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Enter this:

What do people think?

:applause:

38 minutes ago, GIMN said:

I'm really quite happy with this.  Still a lot left to do, but I've been wanting pizza charts in FM for years!

I feel like you're constantly pushing the boundaries of what is possible concerning Skin-Editing in Football Manager. It is nothing less than amazing what you've achieved in the past few months. :applause:

56 minutes ago, GIMN said:

I'm really quite happy with this.  Still a lot left to do, but I've been wanting pizza charts in FM for years!

image.thumb.png.20fb133990b8ce50d1f1d309bbf5d3e7.png

I second what @sebastian_starttrbts has said. I haven't even tried skinning yet, however this sort of thing makes you feel inspired to get the creative juices flowing. Top work! 

1 hour ago, GIMN said:

image.thumb.png.20fb133990b8ce50d1f1d309bbf5d3e7.png

31 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Nothing on the quality and intricacy of what @GIMN has produced but my FBREF themed percentile-rankers are starting to take shape:

6ec0b9154852fc6dcfdb60f9e6ec0839.png

fe5d459a7e6be8832176c6358d65bd4a.png

I agree with what the others have said, you two are a real inspiration to an amateur like me.

Appreciate the kind words.  At the risk of sounding patronising (genuinely, I don't intend to) - it is very much a case of standing on the shoulders of giants.  Wouldn't have been able to achieve even half of the things I've wanted to if it wasn't for the work of @bluestillidie00@keysi@wkdsoul, etc... nor the help of the community at large.