FM2022 French League Thread

On 13/02/2022 at 19:25, john1 said:

bc8f72d62c8be6f31c15317b3ac9d14f.png 
Their 14th manager :eek: 

I started unemployed as Nuno Gomes and got a job offer from Lyon in october 2021.. Wasn't sure to accept it, but this convinced me! Hope I don't break Gerrard's record! 

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, BadAss88 said:

I started unemployed as Nuno Gomes and got a job offer from Lyon in october 2021.. Wasn't sure to accept it, but this convinced me! Hope I don't break Gerrard's record! 

You should be okay! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Do anybody have an idea how to make a nice save with PSG? 

I dont want to buy players like Messi, Neymar, Ramos etc. I want young emerging players, preferably french or french speaking players. I also wanna use the amazing academy they have. 

Anybody have tips, ideas, things, targets, restrictions to do so? 

6 hours ago, n1mez said:

Do anybody have an idea how to make a nice save with PSG? 

I dont want to buy players like Messi, Neymar, Ramos etc. I want young emerging players, preferably french or french speaking players. I also wanna use the amazing academy they have. 

Anybody have tips, ideas, things, targets, restrictions to do so? 

You could always do a Youth Only save or you could look to move on the older players but that will be difficult due to their wages.

Mbappe unfortunately always leaves PSG so you can't build your team around him. You could always look to bring him back to the club down the road.

Maybe only buy French or as you said French speaking players. Just try make it fun and challenging.

I personally would do it as a Youth Only but I could sign former PSG youth academy products. 

Good luck whatever you decide to do.

PSG have lost a number of youth academy players in recent years such as Nkunku, Ikone, Diaby, Weah, N'soki, Adli, Nianzou, and Aouchiche to other clubs in France and beyond. Resigning those guys would be a place to start. Coman, Rabiot and Areola coming back may offer immediate strength. Use your academy or sign young French players to build a completely new squad. 

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of nice saves here !

So after a succesful save with my beloved Marseille team, i decided to start fresh and took over a difficult team to manage: Bordeaux

So basically, the team has really few quality in the first team, you have huges mortgage running in bank, and obviously no money to spend

Some ageing players on big wages as well

You can't loan anybody else as your slots are already full

Your attendance in the stadium is awful

You have a lot of players loaned, some of them have automatic buyout clause when you stay in Ligue 1, and they are not world beaters at all, the only really interesting one is Pembele, loaned by PSG but you can't afford his 14M€ buyout clause unfortunately

So as i result, i started with a with a 4-2-3-1

Adli, which is loaned by Milan is shining as my number 10, but no buyout clause here as well sadly

The quality upfont is tight, as i have to play Niang upfront

The good suprise comes from the academy, Sekou Mara, that i promoted in my first team and retrained as an IF on my left wing, really promising and starter all season long

The other good, and well known player, is the loan of the bosnian defender Anel Ahmedhodzic, who is your best defender in the team with an affordable 5M€ buyout clause, a must keep

As a result, we suprisngly ended up finishing 2nd behind PSG, selling Niang during the winter window for 20M€ to a russian team (But is previous club Rennes has a big % in the resale), allowed me to secure my bosnian defender and to bring in Umar Sadiq upfront for more or less 5M€, which was an incredible scoring machine

Also got rid of some overpaid ageing deadwood and brought in Diaz, an argentinian left back, very talented

The bad suprise was that even with Champions League football money, i was given 0€ to spend and still no money to spend on wages as well...

Hopefully i was able to get some decent loanies the next season, and was given, at least money to spend (12M€) for the winter window

Currently in April in my second season, just been knocked out by Chelsea on penalties in quarter final of Champions League and currently sitting 3rd behind PSG and Monaco, but the margins are tight

In any case, i would recommend giving a try with this team, as it's a bit more challenging than other saves so far

Funny fact, during the first season, beated Marseille away, and Sampaoli had been sacked :)

Edited by nico_france

Decided to fire up my Saint-Etienne save again. Just beat PSG, 3-1 in Trophée des Champions. Also we broken this record too!

d16f78886cadde5bb3d564c4cd446a07.png

23 years later! :lol: Was played in South Korea.

• 5 weeks later...
On 05/04/2022 at 14:38, Ronaldo Beckham said:

You could always do a Youth Only save or you could look to move on the older players but that will be difficult due to their wages.

Mbappe unfortunately always leaves PSG so you can't build your team around him. You could always look to bring him back to the club down the road.

Maybe only buy French or as you said French speaking players. Just try make it fun and challenging.

I personally would do it as a Youth Only but I could sign former PSG youth academy products. 

Good luck whatever you decide to do.

On 06/04/2022 at 21:06, dothestrand said:

PSG have lost a number of youth academy players in recent years such as Nkunku, Ikone, Diaby, Weah, N'soki, Adli, Nianzou, and Aouchiche to other clubs in France and beyond. Resigning those guys would be a place to start. Coman, Rabiot and Areola coming back may offer immediate strength. Use your academy or sign young French players to build a completely new squad. 

I have actually started this up now. I simulated the entire first season, where PSG went number 2, lost in the french cup, and quarters of the Champions League. 

I have sold almost everything, and will focus on French speaking players, or the hottest talent in the world, with the PSG academy in focus. I renewed Mbappes contract in the editor pre game, because of the extension in real life. Have sold Messi, Neymar for 70 mio pounds, Ramos, Navas, and almost everything older than 30. 

Bought Tchouameni, Jurrien Timber, M Diaby, Nkunku and are trying to sign Maignan, Nianzou etc. Cant wait for hopefully a good YI, plus taking some talents from competitors.

1 minute ago, n1mez said:

I have actually started this up now. I simulated the entire first season, where PSG went number 2, lost in the french cup, and quarters of the Champions League. 

I have sold almost everything, and will focus on French speaking players, or the hottest talent in the world, with the PSG academy in focus. I renewed Mbappes contract in the editor pre game, because of the extension in real life. Have sold Messi, Neymar for 70 mio pounds, Ramos, Navas, and almost everything older than 30. 

Bought Tchouameni, Jurrien Timber, M Diaby, Nkunku and are trying to sign Maignan, Nianzou etc. Cant wait for hopefully a good YI, plus taking some talents from competitors.

Maybe you could bring in former PSG youth academy players who left PSG or just raid the best regens from the French league and turn yourself into the French version of Bayern Munich.

53 minutes ago, n1mez said:

Wouldn't had bought Timber, PSG has with Pembelé & Bitshiabu already two hot talents at the back and don't forget Kimpembe.

Btw don't forget about Coman.

4 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Maybe you could bring in former PSG youth academy players who left PSG or just raid the best regens from the French league and turn yourself into the French version of Bayern Munich.

Exactly what i am thinking. Maybe wanna Spice it up with one or Two talented players from another league

3 hours ago, krisdonna said:

Wouldn't had bought Timber, PSG has with Pembelé & Bitshiabu already two hot talents at the back and don't forget Kimpembe.

Btw don't forget about Coman.

Yeah, just saw Timber as my new Marquinhos signing, and i domt Think the 2 players you mention can become good enough

Good luck with your PSG save! @n1mez I am still playing my Saint- Etienne save, just playing this and my Anderlecht save.

06c3bc1a567630bc0fb75444853f3bc2.png

This guy just became a legend at the club :cool::eek:Despite joining the club in 2030 :cool:

0d21d658693361824ba905ff49fc162a.png

On 28/05/2022 at 13:50, john1 said:

Good luck with your PSG save! @n1mez I am still playing my Saint- Etienne save, just playing this and my Anderlecht save.

06c3bc1a567630bc0fb75444853f3bc2.png

This guy just became a legend at the club :cool::eek:Despite joining the club in 2030 :cool:

0d21d658693361824ba905ff49fc162a.png

Thanks. I have started over and bought / sold new players. Can post it one of the following days

Started save with Sochaux recently and already halfway through the second season.

My main goal is to buy only French and African players and to develop players from my own academy.

First season was a huge success. I was expecting to fight for the playoffs, but finished 1st with just 1 loss.

Ligue 2 BKT_ Stages.png

FC Sochaux-Montbéliard_ Transfer History.png

Edited by FCArsenal

Em 05/06/2022 em 06:52, FCArsenal disse:

Second season is going even more amazing for now. Overperforming greatly and fighting for the Europa places.

Here also the seconds season transfers.

FC Sochaux-Montbéliard_ Transfer History-2.png

Ligue 1 Uber Eats_ Profile-2.png

I'm waiting for the end of the European seasons and I've been thinking about starting a save in Ligue 2, Sochaux is on my list. From what I can see from yours, it seems quite fun and interesting to develop the club. I really liked the fact that you focused your transfers on Africa, I like that realism while playing in France. I always keep an eye on Horoya AC, they have some gems.

Good luck!

23 hours ago, lugui said:

I'm waiting for the end of the European seasons and I've been thinking about starting a save in Ligue 2, Sochaux is on my list. From what I can see from yours, it seems quite fun and interesting to develop the club. I really liked the fact that you focused your transfers on Africa, I like that realism while playing in France. I always keep an eye on Horoya AC, they have some gems.

Good luck!

Thank you.
Yes, I am always trying to keep it realistic with the way developing my teams. Trying to buy cheap players and make them better and sell for profit eventually.

Here is how my second season finished.

Just 1 point behind Nice, but still great season and going to play in the Europa League.

I got like 12 mln to spend and changed pretty much the whole team and now kinda struggling with so many changes.

Ligue 1 Uber Eats_ Profile-6.png

1820340109_FCSochaux-Montbliard_TransferHistory-4.thumb.png.9488be446348f83929ed872df0d04bc3.png

Edited by FCArsenal

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Shakawkaw said:

Yet to manage in France this year, anyone got any ideas for a challenging but fun long-term save?

Maybe find an update and play with Saint Etienne? Otherwise Toulose. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have played the game since the very early CM days but haven’t managed in France since Lyon were the force to be reckoned with. After much deliberation I have decided to manage Rennes for the soul reason they have a decent youth setup but more importantly haven’t won a league title. Early issue is the squad is very small so I will need to use the £12.5m budget to bring some good starter/cover players in. Will update you all before the first game of the season. I’m also excited about the long battle to replace PSG at the top of the league. I want my transfer dealings to be realistic and will be looking to use players I haven’t tried in my other saves so far. 

Got an itch to recreate Wenger's Invincibles in FM. I can't bring myself to play with Arsenal, so I picked Monaco instead - the club from which AW joined. Financially solid, good youth setup, and a squad that fits a 4-4-2.

Other than some obvious connections - Wenger and Henry - Monaco got an actual invincible on the books (kinda) - Cesc Fabregas. Granted he didn't play a single game, but he was there :). Also, Vito Mannone is here for some reason.

Picked Bergkamp as a first team coach and Ljundberg as a B Team coach, as well as some Wenger-era staff members: Bould, Grimandi, and Clark.

Here is the tactics:

image.png.60b79779bf1a461663388bf8512611e4.png

Only change I make during matches is sometimes drop the mentality to "Counter". Badiashile, Tchouameni, and Diop are the core - Campbell, Vieira, and Pires of the future. Upfront, Volland typically plays the F9 role, but he picked up an injury. My top priority is finding a RM - Diatta is surprisingly good, but I need someone who is a better fit for the role. Adeyemi would be a dream signing, but I probably need a more realistic option. I also really want Wirtz as my long-term Bergkamp, but he will be even less realistic than Adeyemi.

I also want to bring back some of the boys: the crown jewel is Mbappe, but also Fabinho and Bernardo Silva. Even some of the less-successful names would be great at this level - Lemar, Martial, Bakayoko.

Hilariously clashed out of the CL against Sparta Prague. Would be a nice twist if my invincibles first match would be a home loss to a lesser side. But in the league, so far so good:

image.png.9a00e24b3dc55f1d414a6d4d0646f0aa.png

6 out of 6, including difficult matches against Nice and Marseille. Long run, I doubt it will stay like this too long, but it's a long-term goal.

Stade_Rennais_FC_svg.thumb.png.088b9e0e9ecb6ad23e5c6ddd75dfb8e8.png

Stade Rennais F.C

Founded in 1901 the club have went 121 years without winning the Ligue 1 title. The club has an outstanding academy which has produced many talents over the years, most recently Ousmane Dembélé who now plays for Spanish giants FC Barcelona and Eduardo Camavinga who recently moved to Real Madrid winning a La Liga title and a Champions League title in his first season there. Hopefully the youth production will play a big part in the future of this save as we attempt to claim our first league title and dethrone the dominant PSG both domestically and in Europe but that goal is a long way away......

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Upon joining the club this is the situation we find ourselves in, Only 20 players in the first team with one player missing for the first 7-8 months of the season which leaves us 4 players away from a full substitute bench. I have had a good look at the youth products at the club and separated them into three groups, A - the ones I think will make it at the club, B - the ones who have a good chance of making it at the club and C- players who I will keep an eye on. 

A -                                                                 B-                                                      C-
Yann Gboho                                              Noah Fracoise                               Dogan Alemdar
Lesley Ugochuknw                                      Junior Kadile                                    Medhi Kalem
Wilson Samake                                          Matthis Albine                                                         
Mathys Tel                                     Dalangnynpole Gomis                                                      
Desire Doue                                                                                                                                  

The sad part is these players are way off first team football so will more than likely be sent on loan if a decent team comes in with some good game time on offer. Otherwise they will remain at the club and hopefully get some game time in some cup draws or some easier Europa Conference League ties.

Transfer wise we have a budget of £12.82m so we will need to be shrewd to add enough depth to the squad to avoid exhaustion. Looking at the team I'm happy with the goalkeeping options and we have a couple of youngsters who could be backup if one of them gets injured. DR/DL we have two players in each position so may need another backup player who can play on both sides to be safe in this long season. CB we have four at the club but one of those is our long term injury and another isn't up the grade so two more in this position is a must. DM is lacking so I would be happy with another as the tactic I have in mind will use one. But the rest of the squad MC / AMC / AML / AMR / ST  Im happy with unless someone really stands out who I can't turn down. 

Transfer Targets

Defender comfortable playing both DL/DR bonus if they are also comfortable at wing back.
Two CB,s one to play/challenge for first team football and another to rotate.
DM with only natural player fit and another who isn't up to standard as backup we will require another DM to challenge for first team football.

As far as outgoings the only players leaving the club this season will be younger players who are not going to make the grade. If we can manage to spread some of the transfers above over a couple of seasons we may have money to invest in some young players who we could potentially train up and sell in the future.

Season Objectives

The board have set some very achievable targets for the first season which is reach the second round of the Europa Conference League, Ligue 1 qualify for the Europa Conference league (6th position) and reaching the quarter final of the domestic cup. Both cups are only preferred which takes a little bit of pressure away but they require the league position. 

The final area of the squad which needs immediate attention is the clubs staff I mean just take a look. A full overall will be happening to make sure the club is starting on a fresh slate. All staff will be removed from there positions and replaced with much better options. 

2 hours ago, WilsonJuve said:

Transfer Targets

Defender comfortable playing both DL/DR bonus if they are also comfortable at wing back.
Two CB,s one to play/challenge for first team football and another to rotate.
DM with only natural player fit and another who isn't up to standard as backup we will require another DM to challenge for first team football.

We identified where we needed to strengthen for the coming season and have made some transfers.

First up is Laurent Koscielny the experienced French man joins on a free transfer and provides a cheap short term solution to the CB position. He will do well mentoring some of the youngsters and on only £10k p/w is a very good piece of business.

Two CB's were needed and two were purchased the second arrival is Jackson Porozo who joins from Boavista for £2m upfront and £500k a season for the next three years (total £3.5m) At 20 years of age the Ecuadorian is already on par with the best defenders at the club, some impressive physicals and room to grow he could be a rock at the back for years to come. He also arrives with low wages on £9.5k p/w and as you can see from the screenshot his value has already doubled from what we paid.

The next player we wanted was someone who could cover on both the LB and RB position's and ideally play wing back and that's exactly what we got. At £3m upfront and £1m per season for three seasons (total £6m) this was the most expensive signing we made. He has very rounded stats and is still only 22 years of age, due to him being at PSG the wages offered are on the higher side at £27k p/w but I believe long term it is a good investment. Capped at u21 level hopefully he can push on and reach his full potential at the club.

And finally the DM that we needed is Elisha Owusu. Already adapted to France from his time with Soxhaux and Lyon we paid £2.5m upfront and £1m a season for the next three years (total £5.5m) Versatile in the middle of the park he can play CM, DM or even cover at CB if needed. I have always had a soft spot for Ghanian midfielders since Michael Essien burst onto the scene at Lyon then Chelsea. Hopefully he can continue to develop and reach his potential at the club.

From the £12.8m budget available these players have cost us £7.5m plus signing on fees leaving us with £3.4m if the right player becomes available before the end of the transfer window. Im really happy with the way the team is turning out already and hopeful that the players signed won't flop. 

4 minutes ago, WilsonJuve said:

We identified where we needed to strengthen for the coming season and have made some transfers.

First up is Laurent Koscielny the experienced French man joins on a free transfer and provides a cheap short term solution to the CB position. He will do well mentoring some of the youngsters and on only £10k p/w is a very good piece of business.

Two CB's were needed and two were purchased the second arrival is Jackson Porozo who joins from Boavista for £2m upfront and £500k a season for the next three years (total £3.5m) At 20 years of age the Ecuadorian is already on par with the best defenders at the club, some impressive physicals and room to grow he could be a rock at the back for years to come. He also arrives with low wages on £9.5k p/w and as you can see from the screenshot his value has already doubled from what we paid.

The next player we wanted was someone who could cover on both the LB and RB position's and ideally play wing back and that's exactly what we got. At £3m upfront and £1m per season for three seasons (total £6m) this was the most expensive signing we made. He has very rounded stats and is still only 22 years of age, due to him being at PSG the wages offered are on the higher side at £27k p/w but I believe long term it is a good investment. Capped at u21 level hopefully he can push on and reach his full potential at the club.

And finally the DM that we needed is Elisha Owusu. Already adapted to France from his time with Soxhaux and Lyon we paid £2.5m upfront and £1m a season for the next three years (total £5.5m) Versatile in the middle of the park he can play CM, DM or even cover at CB if needed. I have always had a soft spot for Ghanian midfielders since Michael Essien burst onto the scene at Lyon then Chelsea. Hopefully he can continue to develop and reach his potential at the club.

From the £12.8m budget available these players have cost us £7.5m plus signing on fees leaving us with £3.4m if the right player becomes available before the end of the transfer window. Im really happy with the way the team is turning out already and hopeful that the players signed won't flop. 

hay, ive just started with rennes aswell. no idea of their style of football, but i am familiar with some of their players. And i hear they have some top youth players. Not sure its replicated in the game yet, maybe fm 23?, but i hear mathys tel is attracting a lot of interest? They do look a good team to use yongsters etc though.

5 minutes ago, oze07 said:

hay, ive just started with rennes aswell. no idea of their style of football, but i am familiar with some of their players. And i hear they have some top youth players. Not sure its replicated in the game yet, maybe fm 23?, but i hear mathys tel is attracting a lot of interest? They do look a good team to use yongsters etc though.

Well I wish you the best of luck! And I normally do the majority of my saves in Serie A so this is fresh and exciting for me. Tel does look good im not sure if his potential is fixed or dynamic but his value on my save is £550k - £5.4m which is awesome for a 16 year old. The option to play him out wide or mold him into a ST is interesting too.

1 hour ago, TheJanitor said:

Good luck. Rennais is another top team for a "bring the boys home" save. Diop from Monaco is another one as well - doing really well for me.

Thankyou if the first game of the season is anything to go by its going to be an interesting season.........

The last player we brought in  was Alexandre Parsemain he was brought to my attention by one of the scouts and Rennes were willing to accept £1.4m sadly for me though he had just signed a new contract and wouldn't discuss personal terms. Fast forward to deadline day and they had listed him for loan so we agreed a deal with an option to buy for £1.7m before the loan ends. As a few people in here have managed Nice or managed in France and are aware of the player you will know wether this was a good deal or not. Im happy unto now he is young a striker and French.

Start of the season.

So the first few games of the season are out of the way and as you can see from the screenshot below things are going pretty well. Friendly wise we played against much weaker opposition apart from FC Utrecht who we managed to win 4-0 at home. League wise we have 5 wins from 5 games with the standout being the 12 goal thriller in the season opener to Lens, a few tactical tweaks later and we only conceded 2 goals in the next 4 league games. PSG have obviously matched or form and sit top of the league. Another thing to note is all the league games so far have been against teams predicted to finish 12th or below so we haven't really been tested. Next up though is Marseille away from home hopefully this will give us a better gauge of where we are at.

We also played our first game in the Uefa Europa Conference League a tournament I would love to win. Tottenham and Roma are our biggest competition going forward but there is also teams like Galatasaray to watch out for. Our first game was a 7-0 thrashing of Maccabi Haifa despite the landslide win we sit 2nd in the group after Jablonec also knocked 7 past Sheriff Tiraspol. Doku managed to score 4 goals but the highlight of the game was 17 year old youth team graduate Lesley Ugochukwu making his season debut and getting himself on the scoresheet in the 19th minute and finishing with an impressive 7.9 match rating. More game time in the league will slowly be introduced.

I'm managing Rennes as well.  I must say that this is my most fun save I've had in years on FM.  I'm 3 seasons in and finished 2nd every year.  I just started season 4, 10 games in and I'm top but PSG are lurking with a front 3 of Mbappe (He left on a free and came back), Haaland and Raphinha.  

20 hours ago, footballfreak78 said:

I'm managing Rennes as well.  I must say that this is my most fun save I've had in years on FM.  I'm 3 seasons in and finished 2nd every year.  I just started season 4, 10 games in and I'm top but PSG are lurking with a front 3 of Mbappe (He left on a free and came back), Haaland and Raphinha.  

may i ask what your formation,line up is? im just getting started with rennes and need any help i can get!

19 hours ago, oze07 said:

may i ask what your formation,line up is? im just getting started with rennes and need any help i can get!

I've been using a 4-5-1 (AML and AMR) in matches I'm favored and a 4-1-4-1 when I'm up against PSG level teams.  With the amount of pace the wingers that the team has at the start of the game (Doku, Sulemana) and Forwards that like to press, this formation has suited me well.  

In the first transfer window I brought in Jaime Seoane from Huesca for £2.2 and Josip Sutalo from Dinamo Zagreb for £2.8.  That was it; the squad had enough cover imo to not bring anyone else in.  Finished 2nd behind PSG by 4 points.  I'm in season 4 and I finally have a team that is deep enough to challenge PSG and Champions League.

• 3 weeks later...

I just started a new save with Bordeaux with the latest transfers/promotions and relegations so Bordeuax start in Championat National after spending the previous season in Ligue 1.

I have got rid of a few of the high earners and I was hoping a Mr @Jogo Bonito had some lovely recommendations from the African leagues.

Any hidden gems you can tell me about please my friend.

Edited by Ronaldo Beckham

• 5 weeks later...

Not played my save for few months and decided to fire up my save again.

5217485caf0841dc0e3a14e92b063c8d.png

Just came across this and not far off from Barca! so determined to get past them!

Already won Trophee des Champions with 3-0 win over Strasbourg. Also won Super Cup with 2-0 win over Atletico Madrid.

• 3 weeks later...
On 31/08/2022 at 20:36, john1 said:

0c19c0831accd5212500613167c48fc2.png
Tsarev is like a cheat code! Incredible goal scoring already and he's only 24!

Also he's not far off from most league goal scored for the club.

86f535554f10354bbe41b7ecf09b9253.png

And he finally done it!

b95a8670ecee0e1642ca865242f3c3c6.png

Still young!

b51351a6028daa3eab98fc508806fff1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I wanted one last challenge to finish fm22, it could be here but I have doubts about the team. I didn't want a very strong team but one that had good young people and a good academy structure, it can be in ligue 1 or 2.

no summer downloads update: I wanted to try to implement a tiki taka 433

Edited by JulienEstevesPires