HELP !!! My Striker play for 17 HOURS with out scoring any goals !!!!

Yah, my Assistant said that my striker play 17 hours without scoring anygoal , I don't know if it is a bug or not

I play him Rotate with Greenwood, and While Greenwood score nearly 50 goals a season, this guys have 17 Hours (nearly 11 matchs) WITH OUT SCORING ANY GOALS

The point is Greenwood who have almost similar attribute to this player score VERY MUCH while play exactly the SAME POSITION/ THE SAME TACTICS..

I don't know what wrong with him, his attribute is FLYING, but his score is... SO SO BAD.
image.thumb.png.93f9a2c0b657def329de3dab92504c5f.pngimage.thumb.png.abba6344389bf486d144d0049dbec7d0.pngimage.thumb.png.1ac7a60bc94bef62133a5845097629d1.pngimage.thumb.png.373be841cf2026ee59cd90c2cc11e152.png

Just now, XaW said:

It's impossible to know without seeing your tactic. Could you post a screenshot of it?

Sure, the point is Greenwood - about the same attribute (even lower) in EXACTLY THE SAME TACTICS score many many goals ! 

You can see here , they play the same amount of time (As the only 1 striker in my Tactics) but Greenwood score 6 and he score 0....image.thumb.png.a93023f2a9a1d3a68de1572e1f8ee9a8.png

image.thumb.png.a364c3c65b120066a01d437e8f21793c.png
The current tactics 

The previous tacticsimage.thumb.png.292417403ec6e803d3e5fc8a2daf51ea.png

In both tactics he don't SCORE THAT MUCH !

Just now, Tyburn said:

He’s barely played and when he has he’s performed well. He’ll probably bang in a hatttrick next game!

He play same amount with my Best striker GREENWOOD. and Wood score ALOT, whilte he score NO GOAL !

I rotate them so they play exactly the same position and roles/duty/instruction

Don't know if it is cause by his trait "Go deep to take the ball" ???

Well, I don't know why it happens, but some times one player just suits the tactic better. Perhaps the skill sett of Greenwood matches the tactic far better than Kit? Perhaps Kit hates big matches? Perhaps Kit is very inconsistent? Or it's just unlucky, really.

3 minutes ago, donnghia said:

Don't know if it is cause by his trait "Go deep to take the ball" ???

I didn't spot that, but an Advanced Forward really shouldn't have that trait. An AF should stay on the line at all times and try to get in behind, so if he tries to come deep that would counteract the tactic, and perhaps lead to things like this.

Check the dynamics screen, see if he's unhappy about anything, for example his contract (his wage does seem to be quite low for an 'important player' at Man Utd). If not talk to him and tell him that he needs to start scoring soon or that you have faith in him to start scoring again. I'd go for the former since he's a model citizen and consequently probably won't throw his toys out of the pram.

His Report is also Extremely good, without any Inconsistence or Don't like Big Matches AT ALL (And he don't score even in Small Matches)
image.thumb.png.065e811de49df41601f1a4ca575e795b.png

Here is his Dynamic, Only complain about training and very happy about everything else with Super Morale and still don't scoreimage.thumb.png.e66f32e853a06f2dff46556ee2e3a5e6.png

27 minutes ago, donnghia said:

No offense, but that's a very poorly designed tactic.

With an elite team like United, that will face defensive opposition regularly, you can't afford to play with no width at all:

• Both wide forwards cutting inside
  • Both full backs staying back and hoofing balls forward
  • Narrow attacking width and Focus Play Through The Middle

Your attacking partnerships are another issue and probably a big reason why you're struggling to create space for your striker. Having everyone on Attack duty can be very counter-productive when you're trying to break down stubborn defences.

The whole thing is then made even worse with a bunch of instructions that make it hard to identify what kind of style are you actually going for. On one hand, your mentality, roles and duties are very direct, but on another, you're also trying to press high and control the game with Shorter Passing, Lower Tempo and Work Ball Into Box.

I suggest you take a step back and go back to basics. Here's a few resources that can help, or alternatively, you can start a new thread in the Tactics & Training section, where people will help you adapt your current tactic. Having good players matters a lot, but so does having a coherent tactic, that allows them to shine.

The main issue you are having is his player Traits in combination with the role you have given him (Advanced Forward).  Those Traits - not just comes deep - are more suitable for a creative type of player role, not your most advanced player leading the attack.

With his all round attributes and those Traits, you could try changing his role to Complete Forward (attack) or even (support).  That may also help better bring in to play your two wide attacking players.  I don't think he'll ever be as prolific as Greenwood is, but it could give you different options in your attacking play and having options is always a good thing.

One other thing to mention - you see in his coach report where it mentions Consistency?  Yeh, me neither.  That doesn't mean he's inconsistent, but it does perhaps mean he's bang average and so may be a little more likely to have some off games.  It's probably not a big deal, but something to bear in mind.

I am not going to worry too much with just 6 games into the season and two games where he has close to 0 xG which is quite insane really with the position he is playing. Probably look into your tactics a bit? Two games when your striker has close to 0 xG is a bit concerning if I were you more than the fact that he is not scoring.

Just now, zyfon5 said:

I am not going to worry too much with just 6 games into the season and two games where he has close to 0 xG which is quite insane really with the position he is playing. Probably look into your tactics a bit? Two games when your striker has close to 0 xG is a bit concerning if I were you more than the fact that he is not scoring.

same tactics put greenwood to replace him, and greenwood score almost 50goals/season !!!

Don't play Chui Ka Kit as a tip of the sword because his traits supports a more playmaking role. Use him as a IW or IF. To the current tactic, if you're going to play lower tempo you need more men to support short passes. Now your wide defenders are not supporting possession and wingers roles + mezzala push attack early so there's no one to really pass and make proper combinations.  Advice NFB off and -> WBdef/sup, take off counter, test does through the middle really work, Chu ka Kit to a wing role with more play creating role.

4 hours ago, donnghia said:

Sure, the point is Greenwood - about the same attribute (even lower) in EXACTLY THE SAME TACTICS score many many goals ! 

You can see here , they play the same amount of time (As the only 1 striker in my Tactics) but Greenwood score 6 and he score 0....image.thumb.png.a93023f2a9a1d3a68de1572e1f8ee9a8.png

image.thumb.png.a364c3c65b120066a01d437e8f21793c.png
The current tactics 

The previous tacticsimage.thumb.png.292417403ec6e803d3e5fc8a2daf51ea.png

In both tactics he don't SCORE THAT MUCH !

If you're going to play a 4-3-3 with two inside forwards (which is something I do pretty much all the time btw, I'm not criticising that), I think you would be better served by having your full-backs in more attacking role. Maybe as wing-back on support? Preferably full-backs who have decent crossing/dribbling/off the ball. But even if not, just having bodies further forward in wide areas are players the opposition have to mark or press.

Your inside forwards are always going to want to cut inside when they have the ball and 'cross less often' is a default instruction for an inside forward. So in playing with no-nonsense fullbacks, you're not attacking with any width. The 'look for underlaps' instruction will only make this worse. You have some world-class players there, and sometimes having too many instructions can actually force them to play in an inflexible and predictable way, which inhibits their natural creativity.

Some other people might disagree with me on this, and that's fine. But just my two cents on crossing:
If crossing isn't a big part of how you want to play, you could consider putting the fullbacks individual instructions as 'stay wide with the ball' and 'cross from byline', with a whole team instruction of 'low crosses'. This way, you can attack with more width, which will force the opposition to defend more widely and simply give your forwards more space. The low crosses will be beneficial for your kind of forwards who are fast and have good movement; more likely to get in front of their defenders and toe-poke crosses home.

If you're worried that your full-backs bombing on forward will make you slightly more open at the back than you'd like, you can put your DM on a Defend duty, so he stays back a little more. 

2 hours ago, donnghia said:

same tactics put greenwood to replace him, and greenwood score almost 50goals/season !!!

Greenwood is either footed, he is not, hence both of them are closer in ability than you initially thought. Also it is a really small sample size to draw any conclusive evidence. If you still get the same results after lets say 20 games then you have a valid case here. And the same tactics can yield different results because they are two really different players.

Chui has a profile more similar to a playmaking winger/inside forward which is going to be different to Greenwood. Also he is probably not a consistent player from his coach report. An inconsistent player with relishes big matches traits can be more problematic that what you expect.

Edited by zyfon5

Greenwood is quicker, a better finisher, plays further forward and is less inclined to pass the ball to a teammate. Your new player has only a small sample of games against different opponents, and is probably new to the team, and your tactics don't really get anything out of his ability in the air

Edited by enigmatic

Its definitely down to the player traits. Your player is a more creative player. Play him as a false nine or a bit deeper than the striker position or play him alongside another striker (if you make any of these changes you have to make sure the rest of your tactic suits the changes). 

He's not comparable to Greenwood despite them having similar attributes - players are more than the technical, mental and physical attributes. They have traits, hidden attributes, and a personality.

Edited by francis#17

1. Can almost guarantee the his adaptability is under 10 (Hidden Attributes) and he is struggling to fit into the squad and and Premier League.

2. As others have pointed out he is a square peg in a round hole if you try use him as an Advance Forward.

I agree about the adaptability point. Many new transfers start off as failures in the FM world because of that one attribute.

I also think form is one of those things in FM that overwhelms a lot of objective analysis. I had a player score 12 goals in 6 matches then go the next 8 matches without a goal, playing in the same tactic with the same role. That's just the game. Whether or not it reflects real life is debatable. There isn't much you can do other than warn player for poor play or drop him for another player.

Incidentally, this is also why I try to stick with 2-striker tactics. I find it safer to go into a match with two lead scoring options so that any goalless streaks, poor adaptability, inconsistency, or whatever doesn't crush the most important part of a tactic.