How do i increase my commercial revenue on fm21 ??

This is one of the issues I have with FM since ... forever. I find that the game is not very good at allowing us to develop comercial ties and focus on increasing our finances through comercial revenues. I think FM needs a complete overhaul in this regard: matchday revenue, day ticket prices, season tickets, sponsorships, etc. We need more control over these areas. You probably tried this already, but the easiest way to get more money that way is to find an affiliate club in China, USA, etc.

Edited by SebastianRO

1 hour ago, Viking said:

Is the commercial revenue really something a manager is responsible for in real life, though? I find it hard to believe Solskjær are involved in stuff like ticket prices and sponsorship at Man U.

Then the board shouldn’t give it to the manager as a target. 

I mean, I could see increased commercial revenue being a club vision, but again I find it hard to see a Premier Leauge club putting that responsibility in the hands of the manager. Maybe a club like Random FC in the Southern Lower Highland Minor Backyard Leauge do it, but a high reputation club with tonnes of employees? 

And as far as I am concerned, "increase commercial revenue" is not far off having "buy a nice car with your salary money" as a target. If that is going to include micro managing ticket prices and shirt sales that is.

Edited by Viking

4 hours ago, Viking said:

Is the commercial revenue really something a manager is responsible for in real life, though? I find it hard to believe Solskjær are involved in stuff like ticket prices and sponsorship at Man U.

True, it isn't. That said, in this case the game should scale a lot lot better than it does at the moment. If you take a club from Italian Serie C and take it all the way to Serie A, the day ticket prices and season tickets, sponsorships, etc are not going to reflect that huge boost in performance. This is why I would want to have some sort of control, if not complete control over the financial aspects of the game. 

Edited by SebastianRO

5 hours ago, Viking said:

Same here but on fm its part of my responsibilities 

13 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Signing high value/reputation players (should be a line in the scout report for the players that will generate revenue), signing certain types of affiliates and being successful on the pitch should all help increase commercial revenues.

Unfortunately, the type of affiliate you prefer can't be chosen anymore, at least not at the start of your career at the club. You can just ask for an affiliated club, but the board determines the type (a club for sending players on loan, a club to sign more foreign youngsters, a club to increase scouting knowledge or club for marketing reasons are the types I can remember from earlier editions). I know you used to get the option to choose the club yourself once you are long enough at the club. At least that was the case in earlier editions, didn't get to that point yet.

1 hour ago, duvels said:

Unfortunately, the type of affiliate you prefer can't be chosen anymore, at least not at the start of your career at the club. You can just ask for an affiliated club, but the board determines the type (a club for sending players on loan, a club to sign more foreign youngsters, a club to increase scouting knowledge or club for marketing reasons are the types I can remember from earlier editions). I know you used to get the option to choose the club yourself once you are long enough at the club. At least that was the case in earlier editions, didn't get to that point yet.

I am afraid not ... I am at my current club, AC Milan for over a decade. I am a club icon now and even I can't ask for a certain type of affiliate.

1 hour ago, SebastianRO said:

I am afraid not ... I am at my current club, AC Milan for over a decade. I am a club icon now and even I can't ask for a certain type of affiliate.

Show me your milan save please im gonna do one long milan save later on

21 hours ago, SebastianRO said:

True, it isn't. That said, in this case the game should scale a lot lot better than it does at the moment. If you take a club from Italian Serie C and take it all the way to Serie A, the day ticket prices and season tickets, sponsorships, etc are not going to reflect that huge boost in performance. This is why I would want to have some sort of control, if not complete control over the financial aspects of the game. 

That is incorrect, ticket / season prices increases by division and team reputation.

23 minutes ago, Sharkn20 said:

That is incorrect, ticket / season prices increases by division and team reputation.

I haven't said that ticket / season prices don't increase at all. I said that they don't reflect the scale of the jump in performance (even if consistent over time) and this is a fact. Also, another fact are the sponsorship deals which scale very very poorly. Yes, they do generate more money as you do a better job and rise through the divisions, etc, but nowhere near the clubs that start the game with a high reputation. As an example, I was playing a save with Dynamo Dresden (start in 3.Liga) and managed to win the Euro Cup in my 6th season. My overall sponsorship revenue was lower than Wolfsburg's at the very start of the game (and this was 7 years later), 7 years in which Wolfsburg was nothing but a mediocre underachieving team. Also, my ticket / season prices were still below of those from Wolfsburg.

What I have said it is factually correct. You or anybody else don't have to take my word for it, you just have to simulate 10 years and look at the numbers. Yes, these things scale, as you pointed out, but the way they do it is just very very outdated.

P.S Another fact: In real life, when Juventus signed Cristiano Ronaldo, Jeep (their main shirt sponsor) increased their sponsorship deal from 14M to 45M. Adidas also  increased their sponsorship from  around 26M to 48M (for 3 years). Yes, I know this is Cristiano Ronaldo we are talking about, but when have you seen something even remotely close to this in Football Manager ? Do we have to even talk about the increase in merchendise sales Juventus saw after CR7 transfer (numbers that again scale extremly poorly in FM) ?! These are figures that are very very poorly represented in Football Manager and this is why the whole financial aspect of the game is due for an overhaul imo.

3 minutes ago, SebastianRO said:

I haven't said that ticket / season prices don't increase at all. I said that they don't reflect the scale of the jump in performance (even if consistent over time) and this is a fact. Also, another fact are the sponsorship deals which scale very very poorly. Yes, they do generate more money as you do a better job and rise through the divisions, etc, but nowhere near the clubs that start the game with a high reputation. As an example, I was playing a save with Dynamo Dresden (start in 3.Liga) and managed to win the Euro Cup in my 6th season. My overall sponsorship revenue was lower than Wolfsburg's at the very start of the game (and this was 7 years later), 7 years in which Wolfsburg was nothing but a mediocre underachieving team. Also, my ticket / season prices were still below of those from Wolfsburg.

What I have said it is factually correct. You or anybody else don't have to take my word for it, you just have to simulate 10 years and look at the numbers. Yes, these things scale, as you pointed out, but the way they do it is just very very outdated.

P.S Another fact: In real life, when Juventus signed Cristiano Ronaldo, Jeep (their main shirt sponsor) increased their sponsorship deal from 14M to 45M. Adidas also  increased their sponsorship from  around 26M to 48M (for 3 years). Yes, I know this is Cristiano Ronaldo we are talking about, but when have you seen something even remotely close to this in Football Manager ? Do we have to even talk about the increase in merchendise sales Juventus saw after CR7 transfer (numbers that again scale extremly poorly in FM) ?! These are figures that are very very poorly represented in Football Manager and this is why the whole financial aspect of the game is due for an overhaul imo.

So You are telling me that RB Leizpig income in real life should be superior to Barcelona, because they have overachieve and rise of the ashes in the last 5 years, while Barcelona is underachieving in the last few seasons?

So instead of taking the club reputation and accomplishments in consideration over the last 100 years? You want the game to only account the facts in the last 3 to 6 seasons to determine income? 

Non sense.

38 minutes ago, SebastianRO said:

I specifically gave Wolfsburg as an example, not Barcelona. Wolfsburg is a mediocre team and always has been, just like Dynamo Dresden (even though Dynamo was beasting the german championships many many years ago). I thought you were smart enough to pick up on this, but clearly not since you jumped over to an extreme (Barcelona and RB Leipzig) that has no comparison. 

You mentioned accomplishments and "last 100 years" ... do you want to know what that means in today's football when it comes down to money ? Not much. Sponsorships are based on recent and present performances (financial reality). Same goes for ticket prices / season ticket prices / shirt sales, etc. The division also influences the numbers (hence why Premier League is the leader), but the biggest factor is the team's recent and current performance. If you have no idea how money works (in actual real life) there is no point arguing about it in a video game.

Manchester United's current deal with Chevrolet is around 50M / year, while Liverpool's with Standard Chartered is worth 160M / year and it was agreed ... yes ... you guessed it:  On the 24th of May 2018, when Liverpool was starting to do well, performance wise. Of course club stature will always influence these numbers, that goes without saying. This is why your example is so silly (Barcelona vs Leipzig). To go back to my example, Dresden vs Wolfsburg, YES it is natural for Wolfsburg to do much much better in terms of financial revenue at the start of the game. My point is that even after 7 years in which they couldn't have been more different in terms of achievements, Wolfsburg is still doing better. I don't know how else I should explain such simple concepts so that you can understand something a person understands at their first pay-check. Your employer, my employer pays based on current (maybe recent) performance not on 7 year old results. If your reputation is really massive, but you are underperforming (Barcelona) you can get away with this for a lot longer than the average person, but not indefinetly. But then again, Wolfsburg is not Barcelona.

Non sense.

The game is too easy as it is.

I don't want a boatload of money when I go from the English 6th tier to Champions league winner in 10 seasons, to make it even easier, thanks.

Edited by Sharkn20

22 hours ago, SebastianRO said:

Oh dear... that's not good. I'm only getting into season 2 with Brighton and wanted a League 1 club to send players and instead I got my choice of Eastern European clubs (not particularly good ones) to use as feeders. Just a complete waste, but now I know to temper my hopes going forward.

In FM20 I quite enjoyed having a couple English clubs as affiliates and seeing them promoted with the help of my loanees.

8 hours ago, SebastianRO said:

Im 100% with you !!!! Well said bro

On 04/01/2021 at 12:38, SebastianRO said:

Its based on club reputation. For a long time now FM doesn't scale club reputation progression in relation to club  progression.

Also remember its football MANAGER not FINANCE manager

On 06/01/2021 at 00:13, MrPompey said:

Its based on club reputation. For a long time now FM doesn't scale club reputation progression in relation to club  progression.

Also remember its football MANAGER not FINANCE manager

Finance Manage is a game I'd love to play!!!

It's just you and the Accounts team against the rest of the organisation as you try desperately to stop the rest of the organisation overspending whilst still achieving the companies goals and targets. The idea is for sale if SI are interested.

Am 7.1.2021 um 13:38 schrieb Celtic_1967:

Finance Manage is a game I'd love to play!!!

It's just you and the Accounts team against the rest of the organisation as you try desperately to stop the rest of the organisation overspending whilst still achieving the companies goals and targets. The idea is for sale if SI are interested.

Finance Manager sounds more like real-life to me...paying insurances where you need to be careful to no paying double or tripple of the amount you normally need to. Paying taxes for a government that...I skip this part. Trying not to get into debts too bad. Well there are people who like this kind of game, for me it's just a pain in the....I skip this part:lol:

Cheers

Daveincid

On 05/01/2021 at 17:14, CaptCanuck said:

Oh dear... that's not good. I'm only getting into season 2 with Brighton and wanted a League 1 club to send players and instead I got my choice of Eastern European clubs (not particularly good ones) to use as feeders. Just a complete waste, but now I know to temper my hopes going forward.

In FM20 I quite enjoyed having a couple English clubs as affiliates and seeing them promoted with the help of my loanees.

So is this a bug then? Should you be able to choose the type of affiliate like in previous versions (can anyone chose the type or is it no longer an option? I am playing as Liverpool, half way through 2nd season and I cannot chose the type I want either.

• 5 months later...
On 04/01/2021 at 10:35, Viking said:

I mean, I could see increased commercial revenue being a club vision, but again I find it hard to see a Premier Leauge club putting that responsibility in the hands of the manager. Maybe a club like Random FC in the Southern Lower Highland Minor Backyard Leauge do it, but a high reputation club with tonnes of employees? 

And as far as I am concerned, "increase commercial revenue" is not far off having "buy a nice car with your salary money" as a target. If that is going to include micro managing ticket prices and shirt sales that is.

I get your point but you could say the same about many aspects of the game.  A real life manager does not control hiring of staff but you do on FM, they don't control staff or player contract renewals but they do on FM.  They don't arrange pre season tours or friendlies but they do on FM, I could go on and on.  

On 04/01/2021 at 18:16, SebastianRO said:

It does eventually work as i've just been able to do this and chose my own affiliate.  Its the first time i've tried to ask for it so not sure if I could have done it nearer the start of the game or not. 

• 3 weeks later...

Back in the early 1990s, there was a prequel to FM (called "Championship Manager" if I'm not mistaken), where you could decide the price of food, drinks and tickets; and transfer bonus options included a sports car and a villa overseas.

I'd love to decide the price of the hamburger again... That sounds like something that Jose Mourinho or Guardiola would be obsessing about... 

:kriss:

PS Errata: the actual name of the game probably was "Premier Manager", thanks to @XaW for the note.

Edited by phd_angel

2 hours ago, phd_angel said:

Back in the early 1990s, there was a prequel to FM (called "Championship Manager" if I'm not mistaken), where you could decide the price of food, drinks and tickets; and transfer bonus options included a sports car and a villa overseas.

I'd love to decide the price of the hamburger again... That sounds like something that Jose Mourinho or Guardiola would be obsessing about... 

:kriss:

Played a lot of CM back in the day and I don't think you could do that there. I did play another manager game where you could, but I can't for the life of me remember the name...

Edit: Some quick google might lead me think it was Premier Manager perhaps...?

5 hours ago, XaW said:

Played a lot of CM back in the day and I don't think you could do that there. I did play another manager game where you could, but I can't for the life of me remember the name...

Edit: Some quick google might lead me think it was Premier Manager perhaps...?

I'm sure Premier Manager 97 was the one where you also got to sell the advertising space around the pitch!!