I got a son!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by robzilla:

More Erik news. End of his first full season playing for the U19s, he has turned 17 and signed a professional contract with the club. He is developing well in all areas and his value has rocketed to €35k! He has 3 clubs interested in him...

Erik's Profile

Erik's Transfer Screen

How do you know he's yours?

It's quite a common surname icon_razz.gif

Erik's Profile Page

Erik's Personal Page

Very exciting. However, all is not well. I have noticed a slight issue with his nationality, which is Portuguese, with Dutch second. He is listed as being born in Lisbon. Fair enough you might think - I am a Dutch manager managing a Lisbon-based team in Portugal. The thing is, his d.o.b. is 19th Feb 2021 and you can see from my achievements screen that I was in fact still managing Ajax back in Amsterdam at that point. So his birth place should really be Amsterdam and his primary nationality should be Dutch.

Isn't your manager name (Gerrit van der Veestraat) an area of Amsterdam?

Originally posted by brookie1402:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by robzilla:

More Erik news. End of his first full season playing for the U19s, he has turned 17 and signed a professional contract with the club. He is developing well in all areas and his value has rocketed to €35k! He has 3 clubs interested in him...

Erik's Profile

Erik's Transfer Screen

10m Euro asking price! I don't suppose Anadia are going to bid that. I guess you don't want him to leave then... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hersch:

why is your son so happy? icon_biggrin.gificon_smile.gif)

Cos his dad is the manager of the richest club in the world! icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And yet you only pay him 50Euros per week. Dispicable.

Originally posted by Frazza Pee:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by robzilla:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hersch:

Cos his dad is the manager of the richest club in the world! icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And yet you only pay him 50Euros per week. Dispicable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He'll get no preferential treatment from me icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frazza Pee:

He'll get no preferential treatment from me icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whatever you say icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by Ryan,,,:

Aha! Neglect! And if he is still opting to play for Portugal, I'd send him to his room!

And don't use Euros! Theyre part of the EU's United States of Europe plan!

OMFG! You still going on about that?!?

Originally posted by Ryan,,,:

Aha! Neglect! And if he is still opting to play for Portugal, I'd send him to his room!

And don't use Euros! Theyre part of the EU's United States of Europe plan!

What other currency would I use, Guilders??

Originally posted by Frazza Pee:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frazza Pee:

He'll get no preferential treatment from me icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whatever you say icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, we didn't get to be the rishest club in the world by overpaying people!

• 2 weeks later...

Erik Update - Season 2041/42

We have just begun the 2041/42 season and you Erik isn't so young any more. He has turned 20 and has been developing reasonably well - he'll never be good enough for the first team here, but I reckon he could have a decent career in the lower leagues.

http://www.zen102391.zen.co.uk/fm/fm-son-13.jpg

Last season he spent out on loan at one of our feeder clubs Volendam in the Gouden Gids Divisie, which is the second tier in Dutch football, below the Eredivisie (first division). I hoped in part that it would help him reconnect with his Dutch roots and put paid to any ideas about representing Portugal at international level. In that at least, it seems to have succeeded, as he no longer has the string about opting for Portugal in his profile.

http://www.zen102391.zen.co.uk/fm/fm-son-14.jpg

He's now on loan at Wolfsburg who have slipped out of the 2.Bundesliga into non-league, but I'd rather him do that than spend a season kicking his heels in my first team squad, no even making the bench (he's too old for the under-19s now). His new German masters think so much of him, even they have stuck him in the reserves! Having said that, he's played one game, scored a goal and got man of the match, so there you go.

http://www.zen102391.zen.co.uk/fm/fm-son-15.jpg

Anyway, his contract is out at the end of the season and I won't be renewing it - I may look to sell him in January - as I think he needs to leave the club now if he is to have any hope of ever playing first team football. I will be sad to see him go but I look forward to following his career.

just thinking of his being born in lisbon while you were in Holland, does that not bother you? if you don't mind me saying he does not look very Dutch. Maybe given the recently released info about male biological clocks, it might be tempting to consider that your better half was having fun with your wages over in Lisbon while you were away. Hence why she bothered you all these years to accept the job over in portugal...

just thinking of his being born in lisbon while you were in Holland, does that not bother you? if you don't mind me saying he does not look very Dutch. Maybe given the recently released info about male biological clocks, it might be tempting to consider that your better half was having fun with your wages over in Lisbon while you were away. Hence why she bothered you all these years to accept the job over in portugal...

Well I've always suspected something, but could never prove it, you know? Also, that would explain his lack of footballing ability, not to mention his swarthy good looks...

you should be a story-writer :D

Rob - You could've at least gave him SOME games in your first team..!!! :D

He's not all that, but you've got a son. I'd kill for a son in this game. (I think I got one once, but I'm not entirely sure he was mine)

I actually did give him a run out in the first team. It was in a Champions League group match IIRC. We must have been 4-0 up or something so I stuck him on for the last 30 minutes - he scored a goal!

http://www.zen102391.zen.co.uk/fm/fm-son-16.jpg

Not so long ago I loaded up an old FM2007 game and noticed this too. The son of Thomas Doll (manager of Roma in 2014), Stefan Doll is Italian/German despite the fact that Thomas Doll was still in Germany in 1994 where he was born. This is one of those little things that I would like to see fixed, now it seems a little "not fully thought through".

I had a son in my recently finished game (decided that 71 was too old to keep dealing with them whiney overplayed athletes.)

The only odd bit was that he wasn't quite the same race as me (and I assume my wife...but I suppose it could be that...but thats not as fun.)

I have a suspicion, though I can't prove it, that William Avril, a star striker of mine during the time that my son was born is the real father. He was a good player, one of the better ones I had at Leeds...but I hated him, and he hated me too. Lazy ******. Always moaning about something.

Now I know why he had fitness issues...I thought it was the low Natural Fitness and Stamina...but maybe not.

:(

In good news, the kid was quite decent (more reason to believe it wasn't mine...), had a nice little career and even represented the United States a few times (3, I believe) and featured regularly on the bench for me (Leeds United) before being sold to Coventry (in Premiership) for £1m where he went on to start in their midfield for four years before signing with Tottenham (in Premiership) for £3.5m, he played there for three years before being sold to Notts Forrest (in Championship) for £650k where he played several more years before singing with Chesterfield (in League 1) and finishing his career there.

I'll look when I get home and see if I still had the saved game file, not sure if I kept it or not.

He was a bit slow and a bit weak, but quite an intelligent player so it didn't hold him back too much. Good passer too. Decent, nothing to write home about but decent.

• 3 weeks later...

Firstly sorry for the extended radio silence, been busy with real life, but I'm back with another Erik update :)

In my last update I said I was not going to renew his contract at Benfica, and I didn't. There was no way he was ever going to make it in the top flight so I thought it would be better to let him persue his career at a lower level. He was snapped up by Liga de Honra (Potuguese second division) side Atletico Club de Portugal, who are also Lisbon-based (nice touch). He really didn't make any sort of impact there either and managed just four starts and three sub appearances in two years. He showed he still has an eye for goal though by bagging a brace in his first season, from two starts.

Atletico let him move on and he was signed by Dutch amateur side ACV who are base in Assen, which is way up north near Groningen. Well it seems he has found his level here and has become their star player, scoring 19 goals and getting 5 assists and 6 MoM awards in 33 appearances in his first season. Part way through his second season and he's made 22 starts and found the back of the net 10 times, made 4 assists and got no less than 8 MoM awards, in league and cup. ACV are now on his favoured clubs list, and he is on their favoured personnel list.

Best of all, he has changed his mind about playing for Portugal and now says he wants to wait for a chance with Holland before committing himself to his (incorrect) country of birth. While this is music to my ears, he is deluding himself if he thinks he is ever going to represent either country at international level. He is 24 and playing amateur football for goodness sake!

I'll get some screenies up in due course and we can all have a good laugh at the ridiculous "mop-top" hairstyle he is currently sporting. Sometimes I can't believe he came from my loins.

An unecessary addition in my opinion, if you want this you may as well go and play Fifa manager

I think is a simply fantastic introduction.

It doesn't affect any other ares of the game, (which is briliant), and although it is certainly a "gimmick", it is a very welcome one indeed.

To those asking about his CA/PA, I have no idea. Suffice is to say he's rubbish. Oh and I can't resign him for Benfica as I've moved on, I'm at Juventus now. And no I won't be signing him for Juve, the board and fans would go mental!

Anyway, here are the promised screenies of him:

Profile: http://www.zen102391.zen.co.uk/fm/fm-son-17.jpg

Personal: http://www.zen102391.zen.co.uk/fm/fm-son-18.jpg

Form: http://www.zen102391.zen.co.uk/fm/fm-son-19.jpg

Stats: http://www.zen102391.zen.co.uk/fm/fm-son-20.jpg

Career history: http://www.zen102391.zen.co.uk/fm/fm-son-21.jpg

Player of the year! http://www.zen102391.zen.co.uk/fm/fm-son-22.jpg

It's a bit disappointing to see his acceleration and pace actually decrease between the ages of 16 and 24, and quite a lot as well.

That being said I do envy you for finally getting a son in the game, it's something I've been hoping for since FM07 but still haven't had. That and a stadium named after me, which also hasn't happened yet.

Doesn't matter that he was rubbish, I respect the fact that you managed to resist altering his PA or CA. What's the point in waiting 30 seasons to have a son in the game if you just plan to edit him if he's useless. You might as well just add a player in as your son if you're going to do that so you don't have to wait.

Bizarrely I got a son in something like my second or third season in charge of Reading - so I was only 32 or 33 when he arrived in the youth team. Making him dangerously close to being an illegal addition - if you know what I mean.

i was 35 in game while in my AC Milan U18 appeared a 15y old boy with my surname and his favorite personal was me. and there is no other player with my surname bcs its very rare and uncommon

Could've been your son!... I never give myself a surname cause i read somewhere that that will produce youngsters with the same name (like your case!) ...

Archived