I got a son!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think your name and surname is added to name generator for that nation so eventually after some time some regens will hold your name. Of course if they also list you as a favourite personal as default it suggests that you are relatives potentially son&father. Nice feature and even if these are just coincedence; still nice that it can happen :)

why cant fm make it easier, and like if ure son come's through the youth ranks, then you get a news item saying about your son ??

instead of having to guess, due to him having you as favoured personel

if you play him and he not good, then players and fans could get restless, and say stuff like, they think ............ is only playing because he is manager's son

just sumit i think would be good aquasistions to fm09

why cant fm make it easier, and like if ure son come's through the youth ranks, then you get a news item saying about your son ??

instead of having to guess, due to him having you as favoured personel

if you play him and he not good, then players and fans could get restless, and say stuff like, they think ............ is only playing because he is manager's son

just sumit i think would be good aquasistions to fm09

Becuase it's supposed to be more of an easter egg within the game as apposed to a big feature. I wouldn't like SI to expand on this feature at all for FM09, I think it's cool as it is.

Good point. My manager name is Gypsum Fantastic. So if I see a John Fantastic coming through the ranks he'll either be my son, or the best self-publicist since Beckham.

Haha, I have one game running where my manager name is Optimus Prime, any offspring should be easy to spot but having said that, Prime isn't a particularly uncommon surname.

My second name is Jones in game :( Might use FMM to change it too something different like Rodriguez, and then I know if I see a English player with the second name of Rodriguez, I'll know he's mine. :*****).

I always add a punctuation mark to my name now so that I will know for sure.

I have at last got a son in the game. He has come up through my youth academy here at Benfica at the start of the 2037/38 season. His name is Erik.

My coaches don't rate him very highly but I'm hoping he will improve greatly. I am quite excited about following his career, even if it is not with us.

Erik's Profile Page

Erik's Personal Page

Very exciting. However, all is not well. I have noticed a slight issue with his nationality, which is Portuguese, with Dutch second. He is listed as being born in Lisbon. Fair enough you might think - I am a Dutch manager managing a Lisbon-based team in Portugal. The thing is, his d.o.b. is 19th Feb 2021 and you can see from my achievements screen that I was in fact still managing Ajax back in Amsterdam at that point. So his birth place should really be Amsterdam and his primary nationality should be Dutch.

My Manager Achievements Page

Note that he also says (in the second screenshot) he would opt to play for Portugal, which obviously I'm not thrilled about but it's his decision I suppose!

Now how's work coming along on the old "Estádio do van der Veenstraat"? icon_wink.gif

been trying long? congrats :D

• 5 weeks later...
I already did, he's out on loan at one of my feeders, Salamanca in the Spanish second division. They have put him in the reserves! Next season I will being the "can a really rubbish striker do well in one of Europe's top leagues if he's playing as a lone striker with a great team behind him" experiment.

How I'm going to explain to the board and fans why I'm playing him while close to €200m worth of talent warms the bench I do not know.

How are your plans for the above turning out?

• 5 months later...

I wonder, if your son favourite personnel is you and your ass man, and your ass man has you as 100 in favoured personnel (use FMRTE to find this) then perhaps you and the ass man had a gay relationship. Or maybe if they assistant manager is female, then you got very personal with her, and perhaps she is your "a*s woman".

Archived