FMCU Joint Save

andychar

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What. A. ****ing. Disgrace.

All that work. All that buildup. That run at the end of the season. Romano's incredible play. 

And then that happens? Just doesn't make sense. 

And Manc didn't even do **** the rest of the game. ****ing w*nkers. Didn't deserve this. 

Had we been 11 they would have been destroyed. 

Instead, we got embarrassed. 

Bleh.

6a9d3c1e1ffddf09e4480c7d2d73cd1e.jpg

I hate you FM.

The 5 Michael Scott stages of grief:

1) Acceptance.

Sad Christmas GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

2) Hystery

Michael Scott GIF by Giphy QA - Find & Share on GIPHY

3) Consider creating a crash intentionally, delete all traces. Change name, move to Mexico. 

Dumb, The Office, Michael, Michael Scott, Sad GIF | Gfycat 

4) Self pity as you accept your fate.

Christmas GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

5) Never ending anger and frustration.

Steve Carell GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY 

Edited by Benjoe

I'll do a proper (not really that proper tbh) review of the season in a few, but first, what the hell is this? How much did Manc pay Romano for the incident, and Uefa for this ****?

ca017a088fec4ec5c8c724a3cd8a83c3.png

Romano won the golden boot with insane performance as well.

13cda5c5515554a418ed1b2bfcacc2d9.png

2e63c4b6c955fffce8733e4265bb0aad.png

Regardless we fined Romano for his antics. 

He paid it with the Manc money, so he had no complains.

2bf8b8364efafeb606ce6b01d5cc5114.png

ef6baacaa31587a7d71c0daa70f777d6.png

A LITTLE TOO LATE, NO?!

On 27/03/2020 at 00:54, andychar said:

So at the moment this is where we are...

1. Wynter
  2. Andychar
  3. Rikulec
  4. Ronaldo Beckham
  5. Noikeee
  6. Minuy600
  7. Mandy42 
  8. Jimbokav1971
  9. Makoto Nakamura 
  10. Smp20 
  11. Manutd1 <————————- We are here
  12. Benjoe
  13. Deisler26
  14. henri.melo00
  15. PT-KK

So next would have been @Benjoe and then @Deisler26.

One doesn’t mind and the other just wants to make sure nothing absolutely crazy happens. 

So is it fair to propose the following?

@oriole01 does the next season but he’s not allowed to leave Valencia. 

Per @andychar's list here I'll be forwarding the save to @Deisler26 to do whatever he might find right. Or wrong, what do I care? 

Kill Romano for all I care.

Bloody hell, that is brutal. What a underwhelming, anti-climatic way to end the season. I'm sorry. :( 

Romero's moment of madness is surely something we'll remember for a long time here... I trust @Deisler26 to discipline that idiot into utter unconditional compliance.

3 minutes ago, henri.melo00 said:

What a disgrace, 8 minutes in a final and that happens. I would be fuming, and by your posts, you was too. At least we maintained dominance over Spain.

Agreed -- it's a step forward, but wow.

Looking back, during my time Romano had an aggression rating of 7...and the tactic has "stay on your feet" ticked.  A moment of madness.

8 minutes ago, henri.melo00 said:

What a disgrace, 8 minutes in a final and that happens. I would be fuming, and by your posts, you was too. At least we maintained dominance over Spain.

Nah - fuming? 

Me? 

Never.

I follow The 5 Dwight Shrute stages of coping with loss and I'm at constant inner peace.

1) Rage.

The Office Rage GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

2) Lose whatever was left of your sanity.

The Office Yes GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

3) New identity.

Dwight Schrute GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

4) Cry like a baby.

Dwight GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

5) Carve the face off of a CPR dummy to show it who's boss. Then change identity to a CPR Dummy.

favorite Dwight moment - GIF on Imgur

Edited by Benjoe

8 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

giphy.gif

I ask myself this all the ****ing time while I sip Crystal in my 145 room mansion.. It's just not fair. Being a king is hard.

Woody Harrelson Crying GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

8 minutes ago, noikeee said:

Bloody hell, that is brutal. What a underwhelming, anti-climatic way to end the season. I'm sorry. :( 

Romero's moment of madness is surely something we'll remember for a long time here... I trust @Deisler26 to discipline that idiot into utter unconditional compliance.

It was so unbelievably anti-climatic. Couldn't believe my eyes. 

I was expecting to live update a mad game where we'd be excited and happy no matter because of the intensity...

Romano should be scared right now!

6 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

Looking back, during my time Romano had an aggression rating of 7...and the tactic has "stay on your feet" ticked.  A moment of madness.

Step forward, and a kick in the nuts backwards..

Romano has not got any yellows even if I remember correctly - closed the game already so not checking, but it was very uncalled for. 

6 hours ago, Benjoe said:

9cd0406074c966c437212264f26f142f.png

I didn't know how right I would be, when I dubbed him Cray Ray. From now on he shall be known as Crayon Romano instead.

7 Bravery, 8 Leadership. Not surprising that he wasn't ble to keep his cool during such an important moment for us. 

Sissy had to do something dramatic, didn't he.

Regardless of Romano's moment that shall live in infamy, that was a fantastic season for you @Benjoe and you should be proud. A squad that young was always going to be on the up, and with some shrewd additions of your own as well, you've rode that wave almost to the very top. I'll be interested to see what @Deisler26 decides to do next, as although we haven't quite got our hands on the CL yet, we've done just about everything else at Valencia and he's always been the kind of guy to go his own way.

I knew - I ****ing knew - I should've gone with CKII....

On 10/04/2020 at 13:57, Benjoe said:

Okay, so firstly, sorry for taking so long. 
I'm very conscious of the frustation that people back in the queue must feel currently. 
I'm speeding through the season as quick as possible, and luckily we have arrived at Easter/Weekend meaning I'll have ample time to get moving forward today.

Before jumping into FM, I want to mention, that following the saga of Serer, I heavily - very heavily - considered going to play less treacherous games like Dark Souls 2 or Crusader Kings II. 

Especially Crusader Kings 2 was a strong contender. So strong that I even created a CKII version of  Managervich.

XybGSwi.jpg

To list his traits here: 

• Lunatic (Quite obviously)
  • Possessed (It's CKII, of course he is)
  • Gonorrhea (yes.)
  • Crusader (Went to Australia to spread gonorrhea)
  • Legitimized Bastard (had to be the case)
  • Inbred (well, it's CKII, so yes.)
  • Poet my Mother's name was Dorrothea, she gave me the gonorrhea; I had a great idea, send her to Tanzania; she ended up in Korea, and changed her name to Mia; later she died of anaemia, oh my poor mama Mia. )
  • Arbitrary (roll the dices) 
  • Delicate (those wrists will break themselves)
  • Attractive (obviously, look at the beard)
  • Impaler ("any time you can be an impaler, be an impaler" - Vlad the Impaler. "I like to impale people and stuff" - also Vlad the Impaler)
  • Ambitious (sure.)

And here were some of the transfers I had made before going back to FM. 
EjECYNi.jpg Q2FsOJd.jpg

You don't find better lads than those anywhere!

24 minutes ago, oriole01 said:

Regardless of Romano's moment that shall live in infamy, that was a fantastic season for you @Benjoe and you should be proud. A squad that young was always going to be on the up, and with some shrewd additions of your own as well, you've rode that wave almost to the very top. I'll be interested to see what @Deisler26 decides to do next, as although we haven't quite got our hands on the CL yet, we've done just about everything else at Valencia and he's always been the kind of guy to go his own way.

Completely agree - was an amazing season! Had a lot of fun with @ManUtd1's PM Haainhamer that I can only recommend others to test out. Some completely insane games that were very entertaining. 

Very interesting what happens next!

4 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

Even after this, I'd still birth a watermelon for Romano.  Unreal player.

Oh me too! And then throw in his stupid face.

Oh man. He would be gone. I’d be there at half time offering his ass to clubs. 

When I was in South Korea trying to win the Champions League the keeper screwed up and he spent the rest of the season in reserves and was shipped out that fast he beat his shadow. 

So just a quick update. 

I believe RonaldoBeckham wants removing. So I’ve updated as requested. Thank you very much for the year and if you change your mind your always welcome back.

Edited to also remove Minuy. Once again thank you for your season! 

1. Wynter
  2. Andychar
  3. Rikulec
  4. Noikeee
  5. Mandy42 
  6. Jimbokav1971
  7. Makoto Nakamura 
  8. Smp20 
  9. Manutd1 
  10. Benjoe
  11. Deisler26 <———- We are here 
  12. henri.melo00
  13. PT-KK

Remember if anybody wants to join in the madness and fancies frustrating then hell out of yourself let us know. You’ll be added to the list behind PT-KK. 

There is no end goal here just have fun (I mean Benjoe clearly enjoyed himself at the end there) and see what happens. 

Edited by andychar

6 hours ago, Benjoe said:

We're doing seriously fraudulent things to try and secure that happens!

dabe156fea62c9e88d92c6e759d785f6.gif

I recognise this and identify it as complete fraudulence!

Cray Ray "CrAzY" Romano seen here tearing through the middle of the pitch with the ball at his feet and a mop of dark hair on his head........

"A mop of dark hair on his head you say.........."

He looked liked an effeminate albino rent-boy cum hells-angel (without the leathers). 

431748d7ae9850cd18bc75e940113ff9.png

Edited by Jimbokav1971

5 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

I bet his important matches hidden attribute is pants. 

4 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

Even after this, I'd still birth a watermelon for Romano.  Unreal player.

4 hours ago, Benjoe said:

Oh me too! And then throw in his stupid face.

1 hour ago, andychar said:

When I was in South Korea trying to win the Champions League the keeper screwed up and he spent the rest of the season in reserves and was shipped out that fast he beat his shadow. 

I've got to admit, I would be showing him the door. I don't care how good he is. 

Another update. 

We get to add another member to the list
@TheLutterworthFox

It means the fully updated list looks like this...

1. Wynter
  2. Andychar
  3. Rikulec
  4. Noikeee
  5. Mandy42 
  6. Jimbokav1971
  7. Makoto Nakamura 
  8. Smp20 
  9. Manutd1 
  10. Benjoe
  11. Deisler26 <———- We are here 
  12. henri.melo00
  13. PT-KK
  14. TheLutterworthFox

7 hours ago, andychar said:

6 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I've got to admit, I would be showing him the door. I don't care how good he is. 

If not for how incredible he is and had been all year - we wouldn't have been in the final if not for him in the first place - he'd been as well for me.

I recognise this and identify it as complete fraudulence!

Cray Ray "CrAzY" Romano seen here tearing through the middle of the pitch with the ball at his feet and a mop of dark hair on his head........

"A mop of dark hair on his head you say.........."

He looked liked an effeminate albino rent-boy cum hells-angel (without the leathers). 

431748d7ae9850cd18bc75e940113ff9.png

"Just FM-things." :lol:

I bet his important matches hidden attribute is pants. 

It's not just pants, it's the FM equivalent of super tight meggins (mens leggins, big time yup). 

4 hours ago, rodesire said:

Damn, Benjoe's year was bruuuutal

:( My FM years are always brutal. 

2 hours ago, kidthekid said:

Despite the end, it was still a good season @Benjoe 

Don't worry about the champions league, the champions league was inside you all along.

I must agree, Kid. It was a fun time, and had we lost under "normal" circumstances I'd have had much less frustration at the end. 

I always worry. Especially when you say stuff like that! Disturbing mental pictures..

2 hours ago, smp20 said:

Just caught up on this, what a year @Benjoe. Congrats on the title win, but fecking Romano in the final :eek:

Cheers smp! The league title was awesome to secure in the manner we did. Romano.. :seagull:

31 minutes ago, Benjoe said:

Well, you weren't betrayed by him in a champions league final against manc, were you?!

He's just setting up the long-term redemption narrative, where he marries a female pop star.

It's not my fault you can't deal with his infinite nature.

13lD4z5n8KvFOo.gif.7f182e8c218655e8f899eac08ee3138e.gif

3 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

He's just setting up the long-term redemption narrative, where he marries a female pop star.

It's not my fault you can't deal with his infinite nature.

13lD4z5n8KvFOo.gif.7f182e8c218655e8f899eac08ee3138e.gif

I don't even know what that is from - but you can have your infinite nature in peace, dude.

3 hours ago, ranks39 said:

Rough end in UCL, @Benjoe.  A young man loses his head for one moment and wastes an entire campaign.  Overall, great season and great level of detail - it's been wonderful to follow along with this.

Definitely a rough end.. Cheers man, happy you enjoyed it!

A brief season review coming up pronto.

Valencia, 2031-32

We had a good season. Tremendous season. We were so dominant in that second half. 

Yet, I sit here with an empty feeling and a desire to delete FM and just go play something less random, like Ludo.

But, but, but. 

We have a season review first.

Competitions:

94712aaeb124636eb45dd77d3e3647c8.png

Super Cup

a1c39a821349f744551227e71cecc667.png

The Pointless Copa del Rey

b2f54d275ac2236d87da3a4d690094f5.png 70f746506d561d70c77e851a797f7b4e.png

The insignificant UEFA Champions League

4823ba00eb4615ffc09b7f5a888788a6.png fe9358f3fe8f0f14c2cd8e0ff371de4e.png

6a9d3c1e1ffddf09e4480c7d2d73cd1e.jpg

Tactics

As mentioned quite a few times throughout the thread we used @ManUtd1's PM Haaienhammer.

It was a true pleasure to borrow it!

a44b85bcf9d21b3c163107c41ebe5806.png

Squad

9423aa4b323231c0f541815017d4851b.png

Players I want to mention

Some players lived up to my expectations, some exceeded, and some completely failed. 

Exceeded Expectations

Alemão was unexpectedly good for us. I really liked his PPMs, I thought his stats complimented the Regista role, but I didn't expect him to be such an important part of our team.

e56fe184b8cf4093640b5562739f03e6.png

Kempton I had big expectations for from the get go. Turning him into a Libero was a great decision ( @ManUtd1 with great advice there), and he lived up to what was hoped for and much more than that.

50a639a065f7a4502ed54ab2ebb59740.png

Lived up to expectations

Fiebig was one I signed with a vision to start but ended up using solely in the 2nd string. That might sound like he failed to impress, right? But he didn't in my opinion. He led the 2nd string and was closer to breaking through to the 1st string than team veteran and previous starter, Ebenezer, was. And only 20. It seems his potential might be reached though, which is slightly disappointing. Still a very solid player for either 1st string or 2nd string for many years to come.

cd728b7493565b61ab1c049c56d01692.png

Pelle Jacobs was a massive signing. His stats are massive. His... is probably massive too. I put him under lived up to expectations because he actually had a good season and was solid throughout, but honestly, I did expect slightly more from him. 

1cd1929bd729caddb455d7a18f6bf624.png

Blas di Bello was expected to be solid and exciting in midfield as a Mezzala, and he did just that - and then he got injured and struggled when he came back. Overall he was great, but that injury ruined his rhythm badly.

a44d7afc9729c2cedf0dd6820e923c7c.png

Luka Vardic isn't a finisher, so it might seem weird to be putting him as a Shadow Striker, and honestly, yeah I probably should've used Rudovic here instead. But Vardic was doing some mad things at times, so it felt like he was needed next to Romano. 

7610a47db0012ae7ceb7782b8989057a.png

Failed to meet expectations

Morales...this one hurts. I really wanted him to be a star. And he showed promising times. He ran teams ragged, but there was no end product offensively, and defensively we were never going to rely on him and his services.

2e956f11fd986ede9c7b2e4cdf0b9f9e.png

Karen... this one hurts more. Karen, man, look at his stats! He's ridiculously good. But I saw a pattern with our two wing backs. 1) We just play so fast that wing backs are every now and then overlooked while we slam it into the face of the opponent - I can certainly live with that. 2) When we actually had the WBs involved they more often than not got by their opponent only to wait wayyy too long to cross, pass or shoot and by the time they wanted to do so either a new defender had gotten in the way, or.. the same defender they had just bolted past came flying back to block. Goddamn..

9a755287c3fd04226247944e7d6d455f.png

And then there's Romano.

Enough has been said about Romano already.

NEXT!

8bb73c17461e7df29d6696166fc1f874.png

And then awards show without any commentary.

La Liga.

c21f97aeb38b8b56f3a8ed9f4b7f8949.png

3849e77f500c1e9a19c8f766c168d8b4.png

49e4444a0341f2c15f65d6d15e1f0a4f.png

a7f4b68c802e267e2d048a7fb146dfa4.png

55202c9412da3d39618b42eb9da4a078.png

(Okay a little commentary here, our backup RB makes the ToY, Romano doesn't make it.)

c570afd2463ac3a2bfd783a3224bb5b6.png 

Champions League

13cda5c5515554a418ed1b2bfcacc2d9.png

cefb58b82ce718a329ad1f1fcb83ebc2.png

bde4ced5a6cbf7b13201fc2ccc30436e.png

c66c472335a9663a809dee0cdf15e7b8.png

f3abd82f5d647ee7e6b601e5d6205d37.png

That's it!

55 minutes ago, iamnobody said:

I've read all 20 pages of this in the past two days.  You guys are amazing.  Part of me is tempted to join, but I usually play FMT (but I do have FM20) and I am terrible at tactics so I might have a bad season.

Hey there!

Happy you've enjoyed the trip the save has gone through. 

Feel more than free to join. I know many before have mentioned in this thread that it's not about winning - it's about the journey. It's about the ups and downs and frankly, the bigger and badder the downs the more fun. And yes, I have to say this after my season end.. 

You also don't have to be a tactical genius to be part of this. And if you're not certain what system you'd like to use, you're more than welcome to try one out from the other people in the thread for instance. 

If you're considering joining in you definitely shouldn't let the fear of a bad season keep you away. No one will mind either way and if it goes really bad it might just end up more entertaining for everyone. :)

14 hours ago, iamnobody said:

I've read all 20 pages of this in the past two days.  You guys are amazing.  Part of me is tempted to join, but I usually play FMT (but I do have FM20) and I am terrible at tactics so I might have a bad season.

Agreed with everything @Benjoe said. Lots of people have found a renewed enjoyment of playing while being part of this save. 

it’s all about being inclusive and having fun, good (usually clean) honest fun. Win or lose it truly is the taking part that counts.

with regards to the Valencia season, I too am loving the Hammer in my Alex Ferguson save.

and as surreal as it must have been watching Cray Ray, commit to that tackle live. I ended up watching it with the van Gaal gif playing in the background. So as he slides in I heard the commentator asking “but he’s not allowed to elbow another player in the head is he?”

apparently not 

@Deisler26 your up

I know I am new to the forum but have been following the forum and this thread for a while, and was wondering if I could maybe throw my hat into the ring please?

(As long as it doesn't come around before Friday because that is when I get my new laptop).

If you want to see what my writing style is like before agreeing to it, I am current writing up the first 6 months of a game I have been playing on FMM while waiting for my new laptop, which should be posted later tonight!

1 hour ago, OldManGravz said:

I know I am new to the forum but have been following the forum and this thread for a while, and was wondering if I could maybe throw my hat into the ring please?

(As long as it doesn't come around before Friday because that is when I get my new laptop).

If you want to see what my writing style is like before agreeing to it, I am current writing up the first 6 months of a game I have been playing on FMM while waiting for my new laptop, which should be posted later tonight!

No problem. The more the merrier. I’ve added you to the list. 

1. Wynter
  2. Andychar
  3. Rikulec
  4. Noikeee
  5. Mandy42 
  6. Jimbokav1971
  7. Makoto Nakamura 
  8. Smp20 
  9. Manutd1 
  10. Benjoe
  11. Deisler26 <———- We are here 
  12. henri.melo00
  13. PT-KK
  14. TheLutterworthFox
  15. OldManGravz

Well, I'm in possession of the save, and already started to see who comes and goes. I decided to stay, to have a shot at CL again, and because the last tactics used allows me to test a system without too much hassle in terms of adaptation of the players.

15 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

Sorry guys.

I'm a little too busy right now to do this in the time frame.

@henri.melo00, you're up. I PM'd you the save

Appreciate you passing on. Fingers crossed when it comes back around you’ll have more time. 

1 hour ago, henri.melo00 said:

Well, I'm in possession of the save, and already started to see who comes and goes. I decided to stay, to have a shot at CL again, and because the last tactics used allows me to test a system without too much hassle in terms of adaptation of the players.

Good luck! Looking forward to updates. 

Valencia | 2032/2033 | Pre-season

Tactics

Aside the chance to give Cray Ray Romano a chance for redemption in the Champions League, the PM Haaienhammer gave me a chance of testing a tactics that I was having so much fun in my save in FMT with Genoa and see how it would do in the normal FM. The use of 3 CB, WBs and 2 MCs in the previous tactics made possible that I tried this approach. The game sees my tactic as a 5-2-3, but i prefer to see it a something more akin to a 3-4-3. Originally, I used two FBs as WBs or really offensive FBs, and this would give me a line of four in the midfield, but, I had to make adjustments to get the best possible out of the squad I had available. In the end, after transfers, the tactic ended up like this. And how you will see above, I'm planning to use full rotation, with 2 XI's.

Valencia-Club-de-Futbol_-Overview-2a824b

The main idea is to overload the wings and exploit the switch of side via long balls, using the spaces to create opportunities. I chose to start with the players in their best roles and positions, aside of other capable players. The depth in the wings allow me to have the two XI's with a IW and a normal winger. In the middle of the park, the BBM is essential for linking up play and covering a lot of ground. Sadly, I didn't find a suitable prospect in that role who was affordable, so, I had to realocate Moriba to that role. But, he is an amazing all-around player, and I don't see him having problems.

Transfers in

Gary Swanson - 24 years old - Scottish MC: we paid 53 million euros to Manchester City to have him. He is a very good at the mental aspect and physical aspect of the game, but, technically, besides being a excelente DLP, he is not very versatile. But, as I needed a playmaker to put Moriba as BBM, he was a excellent catch. Amazing quality as a playmaker and it was listed for sale at a price that I find acceptable for a player of this calibre.

Gary-Swanson_-Profile97a2ad7c49b74274.pn

Davide Brindicci - 27 years old - Italian CB: we paid 28 million euros to Guangzhou Evergrande and a lot of salary, because he was playing in China. As you can see, he is at his prime, and he is a very good central defender, and as Swanson, is not very versatile, but, I need a more traditional defender to lead the back three, because with 2 of them playing cover to the WBs, we need a solid option in there. Brindicci wasn't my first choice, but, Leicester swept in to steal an Argentinian frpm us, so I have to search for other options. Brindicci was on my shortlist, and I was like to have my squad ready at the first game of the season, I decided to sign him. 

Davide-Brindicci_-Profiledbd274b644164bb,

Guillem Chavero - 19 years old - Spanish CB/RB: we will pay 175k (350k if we don't use him) monthly to Barça to have him, aside paying him a full salary. Chavero was a bit of mistake, as I needed 3 new CBs, and got one coming only on january, I needed a short-term solution. My scout recommended him, and in the report, said that he was a solid choice for BPD, so I didn't bother checking his height. But only when he was signed and my assistant said he was better at RB than CB, I took a in-depth look and saw he was only 1,72 m. Aside his size and his heading, he is a perfect fit for a backup CB, so, we have to hope that he can overcome the odds in aerial battles.

Guillem-Chavero_-Profilee5c10806ba8ad35a 

Michihiro Endô - 29 years old - Japanese GK: we paid 52 millions (plus 6 millions after 50 matches and 5 millions if we win the CL in two years) to Leeds United. My first problem with the squad was the lack of a proper goalkeeper. I know that sometimes we feel that having a world class keeper doesn't make any difference, but I like to have a solid choice as my number 1, and as the two previous GKs didn't pleased me, the position was my first priority in the market, and so Endô was my first signing.

Michihiro-Endo_-Profile8d299a1197581427.

Valdir - 26 yearls old - Brazilian FBL/WBL: Having Grygoryan I was not thinking of getting a new player for the position, but I saw a opportunity to sell Veenvliet for a lot of money, and I chose to bring a new player for the position. Valdir, being naturally better as wing-back than at full-back, made me commit for advancing the FB to WB in my tactic as we already had Grygoryan at great capacity there. Valdir is a beast and we need a beast to play as CWB.

Valdir_-Profile66e88fea386ab989.png

Zoran Petrovic - 18 years old - Serbian CB: we paid 8,5 millions to Partizan. Petrovic is a player for the future, but he is already capable of offering back-up for us. I like him, and I believe he will evolve a lot here, mostly because of the playing time.

Zoran-Petrovic_-Profile39690fb3eab21e89.

With some big signings (in my opinion, of course), we spent near 200 million, and without counting a Colombian CB that will arrive on January. Initially we had 111 millions for buying, and with our dealings in the market, we could spend 170 million and still have a lot of budget available.

Valencia-Club-de-Futbol_-Transfer-Histor

Transfers Out

I like to have a good balance between incoming and outgoing, and having a squad full of excesss at attacking and midfield positions, I could earn much more than I spent. And I am already on the verge of selling Rik Veenvliet to Brighton for 55 milllion (with him joining only in january). So, we will reach near the 300 million mark in revenue. As I don't plan to bring anyone, and having going all-in at the bonus for the players for winning both La Liga and UCL, I was still sitting at something close of 100 million for transfers, close of what I got when I started here. But, I need to strike a balance between transfer budget and wage budget, because we were well beyond the limit at our salaries payments, now, I still have 31 million, and we still haven't sold Veenvliet.

Valencia-Club-de-Futbol_-Transfer-Histor

Friendlies

With pre-season starting on the middle of July, and the first games coming on the middle of August, we didn't have much time for preparing. I like to have the first two weeks free for a more demanding physical training, and them, starting playing two games a week before a week of the first official game. In our case, it would be against Real Valladolid for La Liga at 15/08/2032. As I needed a combination of morale and adaptation to the new system, I choose only one hard fixtures, to see how would things go, and I was satisfied with a draw in the early pre-season against Barcelona. I hope the results are indicators of something good coming.

Valencia-Club-de-Futbol_-Fixturesb802071

Some other infos

I plan to do a overview at the end of the first half of the season and other at the end of the season, but I'll be posting other relevant information along the way.