FMCU Joint Save

andychar

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 19/04/2020 at 23:05, noikeee said:

Hajduk, Cagliari and Toulouse.... errr... okay. 

giphy.gif

That Brazilian wingback you hired is absolutely absurd, jesus. :lol: Looks like the 2nd coming of Roberto Carlos.

Aside Valencia, looks like a group of the new Conference League.

Somewhere, Pep Guardiola and Xavi are crying, because ball possession is what matters, no?

2134620964_ValenciavVillarreal_Review.thumb.png.6d88a3544bf30ee602ddb1a9201b19c3.png

18 minutes ago, rodesire said:

Crayon Romano broke my heart forever.  No poker against some Brazil wannabees can change that 😭😭😭

He is working his way to redemption

755920340_ValenciavFCBarcelona_Review.thumb.png.ff200f0093371c05abc5b7da84151bff.png

And with those scenes, we have reached the half of the season. I will do a overview later today or tomorrow.

64902367_ValenciavFCBarcelona_Presentation.thumb.png.7a690cab448838a5d74165562e1e7fb3.png

I was looking at this list and I'm next, but to be honest I will not have the time to finish this on a timely manner due to the commitments at work.

Once this blows over, I can try to get back on the list, sorry for the short notice.

20 hours ago, PT-KK said:

I was looking at this list and I'm next, but to be honest I will not have the time to finish this on a timely manner due to the commitments at work.

Once this blows over, I can try to get back on the list, sorry for the short notice.

No problem. I'll not remove from the list but we will just skip you this time around. 

It means that after henry.melo00 it will be @TheLutterworthFox.

Valencia | 2032/2033 | First half of the season

The first rounds of La Liga were a bit rough, got me thinking if I should chance my experiment to something more traditional, but, in the end, I'm happy that I stuck with my initial plan. We had a good start, winning using the B team (my mistake, forgot to change before the match, I spaced out completely on this, even forgot the subs), then, against Osasuna, we were destroyed. We didn't do nothing, they played with ease, poise and without a threat to their goal. Then, we got Real Madrid away, and the things were better, in terms of our quality of play, but, we lost again. However, things started clicking as the familiarity of the players rose. We are now on a 24 matches unbeaten runs. We had a few bumps, especially the game against Rayo, where we should have won, because Madrid lost the previous game and their advantage took a dive, but, we gave immediately back. We also managed to win, with ease, the Super Copa, as previously posted. The derby against Levante was insane, we were losing until the 85th minute, but managed to draw, comeback and add more to the tally.

Valencia-Club-de-Futbol_-Fixturesc5cd338
v Osasuna (A) | v Real Madrid (A) | v Villarreal (H) | v Barcelona (A) | v Levante (A) | v Rayo (A)

In the Champions League, as predicted, we had a easy ride, despite the first and last game. But, I went in the last game with the B team, and couldn't care less about the result, because the qualification was secured in the 4th round and the 1st in the next one. The first game, as I said, was tough. Cagliari scored in the start of the match, thanks to an error of the defense and we remained all the game running against the clock, but, in the last minute, after a deep free-kick, we found the win. I don't know who is the responsible of the free-kicks of the previous year, but, to you, my good sir, thank you. The routine are quite effective and proved important, not only in this game, but in the course of this half season. Our next adversary will be Stuttgart. Aside the Germans and Cagliari, the teams in contention for this year CL are the traditional.

Valencia-Club-de-Futbol_-Fixtures-2e4b4c
v Cagliari (A) | v Toulouse (H) | v Toulose (A) | Group Table

Real Madrid is being a real pain this season. We are making a great season, with 2 losses and 3 draws, but they refuse to lose or draw. We are trying to play catch up with them, but they don't falter. The only chance we had to drop the margin was dropped right on the next round when we drew with Rayo. You would think that as a Madrid side, Rayo would make things easier for us, but they were one of the most solid defenses that we played. In terms of performance, Cray Ray found the way of the net against Espanyol, after dropping four against Toulose, and he is being more regular after that. One player that are doing wonders for us is Rudovic, he scored 10 goals and assisted 7. Also, Swanson are proving to be a good signing and Jacobs is a commanding centre-back, and has scored a few ones for us in the set-pieces. And as I know Vardic has a huge cult following around here, he is being important in the B team and sometimes, a really impactful sub.

Manager-Managervich_-Home-2cf3ceea4c6436
Full Table | La Liga Teams and Players Stats

According to our HoYD, we should have 3 prospects, a keeper and 2 strikes. But the rest, as he himself said, will be poor.

Manager-Managervich_-Inbox4675d1e8b679c4

Stats, infos and other things

Ah, nothing more classic than not winning against the bottom league table team in a superb run and when you are very behind the first place.

1723066226_ValenciavRealSociedad_Review.thumb.png.1de0f3b17ea943cf760994e40a7fe1cb.png

And with a very dubious decision of VAR disallowing an own goal in the first half. Real Madrid has 9 points in front now.

On 19/04/2020 at 21:47, henri.melo00 said:

Michihiro Endô - 29 years old - Japanese GK: we paid 52 millions (plus 6 millions after 50 matches and 5 millions if we win the CL in two years) to Leeds United. My first problem with the squad was the lack of a proper goalkeeper. I know that sometimes we feel that having a world class keeper doesn't make any difference, but I like to have a solid choice as my number 1, and as the two previous GKs didn't pleased me, the position was my first priority in the market, and so Endô was my first signing.

Michihiro-Endo_-Profile8d299a1197581427.

Valdir - 26 yearls old - Brazilian FBL/WBL: Having Grygoryan I was not thinking of getting a new player for the position, but I saw a opportunity to sell Veenvliet for a lot of money, and I chose to bring a new player for the position. Valdir, being naturally better as wing-back than at full-back, made me commit for advancing the FB to WB in my tactic as we already had Grygoryan at great capacity there. Valdir is a beast and we need a beast to play as CWB.

Valdir_-Profile66e88fea386ab989.png

These 2 are top signings. :applause:

Endo needs to take penalties and free-kicks. ;)

22 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

Oof, brutal luck, man. Fingers crossed for the CL!

We are all-in on CL now.

19 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

These 2 are top signings. :applause:

Endo needs to take penalties and free-kicks. ;)

I'm not one to put my keeper to take set pieces hahaha

Well, our youth intake has come. And like the HoYD said, we shouldn't be so elated with the prospects. But, we have a great forward in the midst of a very poor crop.

1018977670_ManagerManagervich_Inbox-2.thumb.png.dc01a9dd5ef0e3a23872e8476af99d09.png

278219518_ValenciaClubdeFtbol_YouthCandidates.thumb.png.10f07667a98dd4eb3ed6d2e643d956f5.png

The great star of this year is the Forward José Vicente Ortega. He has loads of potential, great personality and could become either a great strike or a great playmaker. But, I will not interfere in his development, I'll let that decision for the next manager, should he decides to stay.

898047163_JosVicenteOrtega_Attributes.thumb.png.f1e092b81afb3d8410e65b70f2df163e.png

1287726285_JosVicenteOrtega_CoachReport.thumb.png.7aba1c568d6dc891ef58a0747c52c8d8.png

Real Madrid crowned Champions with 6 rounds to spare. They have now the same amount of points that the winning Valencia side of last year. Unreal, they certainly will broke the 100 point mark, with they stay with the current point ratio.

1687465355_ManagerManagervich_Inbox.thumb.png.91f3b6d24cb74a68bc32ee5b083ae462.png

The dream is over, in the most ridiculous way possible. Won 1 x 0 at San Siro, our two top signings decide to melt in the 2nd leg, a dubious goal overruled by VAR (without showing the replay to certify the decision and dispel all doubts) and a team that had missed ZERO penalties this season, lost 3 in a row. Shameful for the players involved in the gifted goal to Inter, and disgraceful for our 3 best penalty takers in the game to do what they done. 2 out and 1 with a good save by their keeper.

1528602002_ValenciavInter_Review.thumb.png.1c0403e334303c0a707c04925b011532.png

Look at this two dimwits... 

CeylEmR.gif

And what annoys me the most at this isn't chalked as a mistake by either of them by the game. Now, we only have Copa del Rey against Atleti, in the next game already. We played that on a Wednesday and will have the final on the Saturday. Talk about a very cooperative federation.

31 minutes ago, rodesire said:

Ooof, Managerivich needs a sabbatical from Valencia 😷😷

The last 6 games were tough to complete. Almost upped that save and delivered after the game against Atletico. But, I found a little of strength to finish it like I should.

Alright, season finished, will update later today and send the save file to the next. 

24 minutes ago, henri.melo00 said:

The last 6 games were tough to complete. Almost upped that save and delivered after the game against Atletico. But, I found a little of strength to finish it like I should.

Alright, season finished, will update later today and send the save file to the next. 

Whilst it must be disappointing, kudos for completing the season. Sometimes things just don't work out.

7 hours ago, rodesire said:

Whilst it must be disappointing, kudos for completing the season. Sometimes things just don't work out.

I know, and it wouldn't be a nice thing to do either.

2 hours ago, kidthekid said:

Unfortunate end to the season. But don't beat yourself up, we've all been there; we have all been victims to the cruel FM gods.

I am more disappointed by the cruelty of the RNGesus of the game, than the real performance of the team in those games. It's like real football, we went out by details, I wasn't very concerned about the big picture. It was just the spur of the moment, sadly.

Valencia - 2032/2033 | 2nd half of the season

We started strong, but the lost against Rayo pratically buried our chances in La Liga, but that period against Atleti, Getafe, Espanyol and Levante killed us. In a space of two or three weeks, we little burned all our shots for any possible titles. We managed to pick up a little of the dust after the CL loss, and our only point of pride in this half, maybe (a huge maybe), was the win against Real Madrid, at the final of the game. They were champions, but, we helped them not achieve the 100 points mark. After 4 straight LaLiga titles, this is a subpar performance, but, even if we maintained the form of other seasons, what Real did this season was magnificent. Tough for us, bully for them.

Valencia-Club-de-Futbol_-Fixtures0c497c2
v Barcelona (H) | v Levante (H) | v Real Madrid (H)

Our cup run has all my emotions in my posts above, and, aside the two games were we lost, everything went without hassle. Sttutgart didn't bother us, Inter didn't bother us in the first game, we blew Levante in a derby for the final in Copa del Rey. Like I said in an comment above, little details separated us from great things. And that is the nature of knouckout tournaments, the details are tantamount. But, just one last time, the profound disrespect from the Spanish FA, scheduling a final for three days after a major game in a continental competition. It's like they are saying that this puny Cup are better the the Champions League.

Valencia-Club-de-Futbol_-Fixtures-283492
v Stuttgart (A) | v Levante (H) | v Inter (A)

Our overall performance wasn't so different from last season, only 7 points less. But the Madrid campaign was surreal, only in the end, when everything was sealed, they afforded some room for complacency. We had a phenomenal 1st half but a sub-par 2nd half. Everything from a collective and individual point of view was worse. The players were less reliable, and in sometimes, I felt that they lacked a little of that iron will that forge the great champions. Probably, with a more traditional approach, things could be better, in terms of points and individual stats for the player. But I'm happy with what I decided to do. With some tweaks, the system would become better, but, that's not my problem anymore. 

Manager-Managervich_-Home07168e76291cfc8
Full table | La Liga Team and Players Stats

Infos, stats and other stuff

Good luck, @TheLutterworthFox

Thanks @henri.melo00

Looking forward to get going with this and trying to win that elusive champions league with Valencia! Am going to try and get started with this over the weekend but as I work shifts it may take me a few days to get going. 

Hopefully I'll have it done in the weeks timescale. 

As for updates I'm not one for massive in depth posts (if you've read my blog you will know that already!) but I will probably do monthly updates for you all. 

Any tips would be greatly appreciated! 

7 minutes ago, TheLutterworthFox said:

Thanks @henri.melo00

Looking forward to get going with this and trying to win that elusive champions league with Valencia! Am going to try and get started with this over the weekend but as I work shifts it may take me a few days to get going. 

Hopefully I'll have it done in the weeks timescale. 

As for updates I'm not one for massive in depth posts (if you've read my blog you will know that already!) but I will probably do monthly updates for you all. 

Any tips would be greatly appreciated! 

win more than you lose ;) 

and accept that it isn't going to be a treble :D 

Ah **** @henri.melo00. That's a painful end to a campaign that started so good!

Was going to comment earlier in the week but got distracted from it. Was some nice signings, keeper was very much needed (something I intentionally neglected because I couldn't a player I wanted) and Valdir looked like a really good solution to having a more complete wingback than Karen for the left side - I was surprised you initially benched Karen though. A 19 year old with 19 dribbling and technique. :eek: Suppose he became a starting Winger at some point with his 14 assists?

In any case, hope you enjoyed the stay in Valencia! Seems it's the new heart break capital in the world. :( (At least Cray Ray didn't screw you over...)

Tough season @henri.melo00, I was sure you were going to get something there but this game so often has bad breaks like this. It was super fun to follow along with though, I admire your update style and how much you put into those and the save in general. I think sooner or later your contributions (as well as everyone else who's managed Valencia) will be rewarded by someone else down the line. I look forward to seeing what else you might do on FMCU, glad to have you here!

First initial thoughts

Wow what a squad! Some amazing players in here. One thing I'm not used to is having money to spend! £116m of those beautiful British pounds (how much is that in Pesetas?).

I can see some gaps that I'm going to need to fill. I am a 4231 lover and have found good success in my blog save with a VOL(a) playing with a BBM so will be going with that. A top quality VOL is needed as is another decent forward player. 

I see we all (most of us) love Cray Ray Romano so he won't be going anywhere even if Manchester City have just offered me £112m for him! I asked for £165m....they said no! I'm looking at playing CRR (that's what I'll call him) as a SS in behind a deeper forward, one of those is needed!

So I'm hoping to get rid of a couple of players and bring some in but I've already noticed how crazy some of the fees and wages are for players.

And two weeks after loading the save I have to announce my squad for the Club World Cup! How did we get in that?!

eec2304aa4e35bfe3dca49f8a2fa5b61.png

Only one team gets out of the group stage so the fact we have Manchester City makes this very tough!

Sounds interesting with your plans for the tactic - Kempton would tick some boxes as a deep lying forward (or maybe even VOL) imo. any plans for him, or are you looking to offload him?

10 hours ago, Benjoe said:

Sounds interesting with your plans for the tactic - Kempton would tick some boxes as a deep lying forward (or maybe even VOL) imo. any plans for him, or are you looking to offload him?

I hadn't even looked at Kempton as when I joined he was transfer-listed, now I've seen him he is definitely going to get some game-time!

2033 Club World Cup Group Games

FIFA Club World Cup logo.svg

First up I've made a major mistake! I had to pick a 23 man squad. I picked 2 players who are on International duty until after the tournament finishes!

Group Game 1 v Bidwest Wits

It didn't take long for us to take the lead as everyone's favourite Striker turned Shadow Striker CRR nodded in after 2 minutes played, it was 2 after 5 minutes, 3 after 13 minutes, etc, etc, etc! Half-time 5-0! The onslaught continued into the second half, chance after chance, Left Winger Rudovic sealed his hat-trick with a penalty to make it 7.

8-0, 9-0 courtesy of a Moriba rocket! Then it's 10 and thats CRR's hat-trick as well, it's getting embarrassing now!

FULL TIME......TWELVE - NIL!! A very nice first competitive game in charge!

bc7bdafed20b9c3f739c22023b90aa35.png

So that went well! Next up Manchester City!

Group Game 2 v Manchester City

So we head into the game with half the team unfit and as Man City haven't played yet they're all ready and raring to go. They came out of the blocks like a train and grabbed a deserved lead after 18 minutes. We had to get something out of the game to guarantee us top in the group and after a few decent chances Kempton equalised, pouncing on a defensive calamity! Meaning at half-time we went in 1-1. Man City came at us but we held firm until the very very last kick of the game...

A ball in from Valdir found Vardic in space who smashed it home!!!! 2-1!!

1f5d41f8898bb35a1a64a1f575b35c2b.png

And with that we go through to the Quarter Finals!

720dcc435cf2f1537c42d5b84147eefe.png

7 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

Lovely result against City! 

c200936f2cb91014877860ba73dde3474771ef3cec16e810686633605dc28c58.gif.04522d3c6385962998337996fa6948df.gif

Just a nice and innocent rabbit eagerly, vigorously, shaking his co--erh... 

Edited by Benjoe

On 24/04/2020 at 19:52, Benjoe said:

Ah **** @henri.melo00. That's a painful end to a campaign that started so good!

Was going to comment earlier in the week but got distracted from it. Was some nice signings, keeper was very much needed (something I intentionally neglected because I couldn't a player I wanted) and Valdir looked like a really good solution to having a more complete wingback than Karen for the left side - I was surprised you initially benched Karen though. A 19 year old with 19 dribbling and technique. :eek: Suppose he became a starting Winger at some point with his 14 assists?

In any case, hope you enjoyed the stay in Valencia! Seems it's the new heart break capital in the world. :( (At least Cray Ray didn't screw you over...)

Yes, it was gutting.

He was playing for the B team, which played a lot, as a wing-back. But, when he was in the bench, sometimes, I sent him out as a winger, or when needed. He is very good, was planning on start using him as winger, but the opportunity to get 61 million on Veenvleet changed the plans. 

I enjoyed very much, until that dreadful week where we lost CL and the Cup. It was a great experience, nonetheless.

On 24/04/2020 at 22:25, oriole01 said:

Tough season @henri.melo00, I was sure you were going to get something there but this game so often has bad breaks like this. It was super fun to follow along with though, I admire your update style and how much you put into those and the save in general. I think sooner or later your contributions (as well as everyone else who's managed Valencia) will be rewarded by someone else down the line. I look forward to seeing what else you might do on FMCU, glad to have you here!

Thanks, it's rough when it happens, but in the long run, those are the things that make FM great, winning season after season becomes dull at some point. And thanks for the compliment, I have experience telling saves in my language, I do it since, FM 2005 or 2006, don't know exactly. But here, and in English, is my first adventure. I liked that we can have a little more freedom, like in twitter or social media in general, to make posts in sequence, it really enables us to share the exact feeling of the moment. Where I usually share my saves, it's more structured, with defined periods, so, sometimes, we lose the emotion and become more analytical. And about someone else down the line, I really thought that I'd be the last commanding Valencia, looking forward to see if @TheLutterworthFox can reap the rewards.

2033 Club World Cup Knockouts

FIFA Club World Cup logo.svg

Quarter Final v Internacional

A nice easy win! It took us a while to get going but we managed to ease to a 5-0 win.

fc41c6bfc81959727b1a7a623bb3eaac.png

Semi Final v Flamengo

So many unfit players! We had to mix the team about and play CRR on 73% fitness! As you see by the stats we absolutely hammered them but only managed to score 2 goals. Another easy win though and we're into the final!

0610457157f5f254c0e30f34de82899a.png

Final v Manchester United

A 4 day rest meant fitness levels were up slightly but luckily Man U were in the same boat. This ended up as one of the most bonkers games I've ever been involved in. At half time we sat 1-0 down and not playing, the second half turned into one of those games you don't really want to see. We scored twice within 9 minutes to go 2-1 up, Man U levelled with 14 minutes to go but we retook the lead 2 minutes later.

We tried to hold on but in the 1st minute of injury time we gave away a penalty, we got totally caught out which was my own fault for still going at them. The made it 3-3 and we went to extra time.

The first half of ET continued in the same crazy way, Man U took the lead only for us to immediately level the game. It looked to be going to penalties but with 5 minutes remaining we got caught once again, a break from a corner and Man U scored. The game ended 5-4, I now need to sit in a dark room for an hour or two!

a8b1ab18077d74a45f1cd3f090292cfb.png

Gutting!