dafuge's FM20 challenge

BarwellFC.png

Barwell FC - 2022-2023

Roster : Table : Fixtures : Finances : Transfers : Vision : Past Positions : Preview 

Manager Profile-Attributes : Club : Stats Teams-Players : Awards : Best 11 : Records

Going into our first season the National League I never expected the squad to really struggle near the relegation zone. I figured we would be a good mid table club who had a chance at the playoff. The club completely exceeded those expectation though. Up until Christmas we only had one loss in the league and finished with only four on the season.  We did have fifteen draws on the season though which is what kept us from running away with the title.  Again we came down to the last day of the season needing a point to take the title. We got a win and secured a the League Title and consecutive promotions. We will be in League 2 next year! In the FA Cup we beat Hednesford Town, Bolton, and Walsall to get to the 3rd Round where we drew Man City at home. I expected to get smacked but the team did great. We held them off the board for 75 minutes before they broke through. We tied it up 10 minutes later but then conceding a minute later and falling 2-1 (Highlights). I had a goal of defending our FA Trophy this year to bring in more prize money. We did so without much trouble. Eventually we met Chelmsford in the final and defeated them 4-0 (Highlights) even though the Chelmsford manager saying we weren't that good after the match. Along the way we set the Cup record for goals scored. With the win we secured our second consecutive Double! We are also going Professional and expanding the stadium with moving up a league and. I was also voted Manager of the Year.

I did my best to raid former premiere league youngsters who were out of contract again. Mike Gordon, Terry Taylor, Elijah Dixon-Bonner, and Max Thompson were all players we got early in the season. James Ball wasn't from a Premiere club but was a very good addition. Joe Budd and Kieran Phillips both were loaned from our parent club Bristol but I did expect more from them. I think its time to look for a new parent club. Lee Hoskins was an important loan from Ipswich who I'm hoping to sign once his contract ends. Quite a few trials in this year as well but not many finds. After the season ended we were able to poach Jack O'Reilly, Will Houston, Erkan Yilmaz, and Andre Nelson from their Premiere league clubs before their contracts expired and will feature next season.

The club is in a great spot with finances with a positive balance of 460k. The Man City match was the big earner garnering us nearly 200k itself between the gate and TV money.

With two straight promotions I am really interested to see how the club will do in League 2.

• Top Players:
    • Terry Taylor - Free from Wolves. Was our CB rock all season. Can play in the midfield as well.
    • Peter Kioso - Free from Luton. Great production from right back with 11 assists.
    • James Ball - Free from Solihull Moors. Great production from the midfield with 7 goals and 10 assists.
    • Elijah Dixon-Bonner - Free from Liverpool. I did expect more offensive production but he did well all year.
    • Lee Hoskins - Loan from Ipswich. Scored 11 times and setup 2 from the wing with one of the highest ratings on the team. Would like to see more assists but will take the goals.
    • Kyle MacFarlane- Teams leading scorer again with 23 goals.

Fans Goal of the Year:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, FMunderachiever said:

It seems like most people use the same format for their posts, how are you all doing this so theyre identical? (might have made myself sound silly hope not)

Doesn't have to be identical. Could just be a sentence or two with an update on how the season went with a couple screenshots. Doesn't have to be extravagant or anything just an way to keep everyone up to date. If you want to go fancy you can. Some people dont like to and some like to. Completely up to you. All here for the fun.

So I'm back for another go at this challenge last time I got fired with scarborough 5 season in the save. My next save was a great save with Feyenoord but after getting fired in that save I couldn't find a real motivation for any other top 2 tier european team. So now I'm back, I simed a year and after a couple of tries I got a team in the vanarama south(since I don't want to do the north again). I decided to go with Salisbury F.C. I have no real idea about most english lower league team so I based my decision only on the logo and the fact that they are founded 2015 and they have no real history, so there is a lot of room to write my own history with this club. Later when I looked them up in the internet I learend that they are "only" a reformed older club basically taking away one of the reason I chose them, but now I'm already commited to them.

my Coach

Worthingfclogo.png.5f8aedbb0fe2096f7ce231a11374eedf.png

Crispypaul
Worthing (Nickname: The Mackerel Men.  Seriously.)

Vanarama National League South
2020/21

League - Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 | Fixtures 3 | Table - a good thing about the club is that it was more or less a clean slate at the start.  We didn't have our wage budget overburdened with not very good players on £800 pw+ which I have seen from other promoted clubs.  That partly explains why I was able to build a team that absolutely stormed it to win the division with 109 points scoring 103 goals.

FA Cup - Fixtures - comfortable wins over Leatherhead and Burgess Hill in the 2nd and 3rd qualifying rounds lead to a home tie in the 4th against fallen giants Yeovil now of the National League, whom we beat comfortably.  We had a soft tie against VNN side Chorley away and had a last minute smash and grab scoring in the 93rd and 95th minutes to win the tie.  In the 2nd round Exeter were our next opponents whom we battered 4-0.  In the 3rd round we had Middlesborough and despite holding them to a credible 0-0 draw at home they beat us in the away leg.

FA Trophy - Fixtures - good run to the semis until eventual winners and National League winners Notts County were too much.

Finances - a couple of cup runs plus we had decent attendances (over 1,000) throughout.  

Squad

Key players

Jake Battersby - pacy left winger on loan from Cambridge, had a good season and I extended his loan for another year

Marlon Jackson - signed the experienced striker a few months into the season when he became more sensible on wages, and performed well

Connor Barrett - ex Leicester centre half was solid at the back

Ben Wells - along with his fellow centre half formerly of QPR

Oliver Long - the central midfielder was at the club when I joined and one of the few not to depart, which was not a surprise given his season

Johnson Gyamfi - flying right winger from Leicester, excellent on the flank but demanding a bit much for a new contract..

Christian Saydee - 36 goals in all competitions for the ex Bournemouth youngster...that's pretty good.

Future - extended my contract of course.  Have extended some contracts 

Season	 	Division	Position	FA Cup		League Cup		Europe		Notes						
2020/21     	VNS	      	    1st         3rd round		-		-	League winners, promoted, FAT semis

5103839.png.87076f15dbe5f0f41cd972df9cecfa33.png

Nantwich - Sky Bet Championship - 2031/32

3373938_NantwichTown_Competitions.thumb.png.2f892a20939b373774d513d821ac2bf1.png

I had a bit of a gamble during the summer, signing two free agents from West Ham and PSG. They were great improvements to my other options but they also cost me the highest wages of the squad, which put the stability of our finances in doubt. I then decided to sell some players who would be acting as cover, and risk a long Championship season with a short squad. Fortunately, even though we had an injury here and there, I was able to guide this slim squad to a great season, clinching the league title with 4 matches left. We then lost the last 3 (on instant result, if that has any influence or not I don't know). It was the best time to be promoted because our finances were starting to fall to dangerous red numbers and I would have to sell one of my best players to keep things controlled. Now, as long as we're in the Premier League, this should never be a problem again unless I decide to go nuts in a crazy transfer rampage.

In the cups we fell to Man Utd in the FA Cup which meant we did not meet minimum expectations but we did cash in €1.2m in gate receipts so that was cool. In the EFL Cup we lost to Watford, a team that we had defeated the previous season for this same trophy 5-0.

Next season is all about using our new found wealth to sign a handful of good players that will help us stay as far from relegation as possible.

Season    Division                          Position    Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21   Vanarama National League North    13th
2021/22   Vanarama National League North    7th
2022/23   Vanarama National League North    1st         Promoted as champions
2023/24   Vanarama National League          1st         Promoted as champions
2024/25   Sky Bet League Two                8th
2025/26   Sky Bet League Two                7th
2026/27   Sky Bet League Two                1st         Promoted as champions
2027/28   Sky Bet League One                7th         EFL Trophy winners
2028/29   Sky Bet League One                1st         Promoted as champions, EFL Trophy winners
2029/30   Sky Bet Championship              8th
2030/31   Sky Bet Championship              3rd
2031/32   Sky Bet Championship              1st         Promoted as champions

End of Season Review

Season 2025/26

FC United of Manchester

Errea is named new technical sponsor of FC United of Manchester!

League Table - We won the league by eleven points, such was our dominance.

League Fixtures 1, 2 & 3 - Despite losing our first two games of the campaign, we recovered well and had long unbeaten runs.  Which was just as well as just like last season, our form towards the end of the season was patchy to say the least.

F. A. Cup - A sensational cup run, one of my best ever, as we made it through to the last sixteen before being annihilated 7-1 by Liverpool at Anfield.  Still, we made a lot of money from the cup run.

F. A. Trophy - We equalled our best ever performance by reaching the semi finals being being hammered by Bradford City over two legs, 6-1 on aggregate.  We just did not turn up.

Pre Season Friendlies - Three defeats this year, all to much bigger clubs.

Squad - All of the players are on very long contracts so if I can keep hold of them all, we should do well.

Squad Dynamics - As you would expect from a winning side, everyone gets on.

Transfers In - None.

Transfers Out - Just the one departure of note, a promising youngster who was struggling to retrain because he plays in a position we do not use.  I did insert a hefty sell on clause, so hopefully he will come good.

Youth Candidates - A so called "Golden Generation" that I just can't see, though Lewis Thomas YP26A81 looks like he could develop into a star.

Finances - The cup run has swelled the bank balance.

Key Players

Anthony Connelly YP23F38 - Striker who, despite having a low ability to finish, can't stop scoring.  An unbelievable return of 39 goals in his 48 appearances.

Stuart Bloomfield YP23G39 - Striker who I have converted into a right winger.  The best player at the club.

Özer Demir YP22C19 - Playing on the left wing, he, alongside Bloomfield & Connolly, terrorised defences all season.

Dean Curran YP21C3 - Central defender who is a lynchpin of the side.  Has made over 230 appearances for the club.

Davidson Nelson YP24E53 - Left back who can also fill in anywhere across the back four.  Has a superb relationship with Özer Demir YP22C19 down the left.

Next Season

Is a play off push being greedy?

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications          Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                      1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2020/21    Minimal = (0.75*) ↑   National B ↑↑             7 ↑   6 ↑   3 ↑   2 ↑   2 ↑   2 ↑   6 ↑   7 ↑   7 ↑   4 =   1 =   5 ↑   5 ↑   6 ↑  10 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑
2021/22    Nominal ↑ (1.50*) ↑   Continental B ↑↑↑        12 ↑  10 ↑   4 ↑   5 ↑   3 ↑   4 ↑  10 ↑  10 ↑  10 ↑   4 =   1 =   9 ↑   8 ↑   9 ↑  18 ↑  11 ↑  10 ↑
2022/23    Nominal = (1.50*) =   Continental A ↑          13 ↑  12 ↑   5 ↑   6 ↑   4 ↑   4 =  11 ↑  12 ↑  11 ↑   4 =   1 =  10 ↑  10 ↑  11 ↑  20 ↑  12 ↑  12 ↑
2023/24    Decent ↑  (2.00*) ↑   Continental Pro ↑        13 =  13 ↑   6 ↑   7 ↑   5 ↑   5 ↑  12 ↑  12 =  13 ↑   4 =   1 =  11 ↑  10 =  11 ↑  20 =  13 ↑  13 ↑
2024/25    Decent =  (2.00*) =   Continental Pro =        13 =  13 =   6 =   7 =   5 =   5 =  12 =  12 =  13 =   4 =   1 =  11 =  10 =  11 =  20 =  14 ↑  14 ↑
2025/26    Okay ↑    (2.25*) ↑   Continental Pro =        13 =  13 =   6 =   7 =   5 =   5 =  12 =  12 =  13 =   6 ↑   1 =  11 =  10 =  13 ↑  21 ↑  14 =  15 ↑

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Data Analysis Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Basic                Basic             Poor                      Adequate              Average          Fairly Basic       Local      (1.00*)
2020/21    Basic =              Basic =           Poor =                    Adequate =            Excellent ↑↑↑    Good ↑↑↑           Local =    (1.00*) =
2021/22    Basic =              Basic =           Poor =                    Adequate =            Exceptional ↑    Good ↑             Local =    (1.00*) =
2022/23    Basic =              Below Average ↑   Poor =                    Adequate =            Exceptional =    Excellent ↑        Local =    (1.00*) =
2023/24    Basic =              Below Average =   Poor =                    Adequate =            Exceptional =    Excellent =        Local =    (1.00*) =
2024/25    Basic =              Below Average =   Poor =                    Adequate =            Exceptional =    Exceptional ↑      Local =    (1.00*) =
2025/26    Basic =              Adequate ↑        Average ↑↑↑               Adequate =            Exceptional =    Exceptional =      Regional ↑ (1.50*) ↑

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21      57        30       12       15         111              67                +44
2021/22      61        27       14       20         103              76                +27
2022/23      53        24       13       16          84              53                +31
2023/24      50        30       10       10          89              49                +40
2024/25      52        25        7       20          87              74                +13
2025/26      62        38       10       14         121              71                +50

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Time At Club
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21          57        30       12       15         111              67                +44               325 days
2021/22         118        57       26       35         214             143                +71               689 days
2022/23         171        81       39       51         298             196               +102             1,053 days
2023/24         221       111       49       61         387             245               +142             1,424 days
2024/25         273       136       56       81         474             319               +155             1,777 days
2025/26         335       174       66       95         595             390               +205             2,163 days

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------
2023/24    Vanarama National League North.
2025/26    Vanarama National League.

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------
Vanarama National League x 1 (2025/26).
Vanarama National League North x 1 (2023/24).

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League     Europa League          League                             Position     F.A. Cup                    League Cup        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21           N/a                N/a               Vanarama National League North        4th       First round                     N/a           Lost on penalties in the playoff final.  Third round of the F. A. Trophy.
2021/22           N/a                N/a               Vanarama National League North       12th ↓     Second round ↑                  N/a           Mid table mediocrity.  Semi finals of the F. A. Trophy.
2022/23           N/a                N/a               Vanarama National League North        6th ↑     First round ↓                   N/a           Lost in the first round of the playoffs.  First round of the F. A. Trophy.
2023/24           N/a                N/a               Vanarama National League North        1st ↑     Fourth qualifying round ↓       N/a           Promoted as champions.  Third qualifying round of the F. A. Trophy.
2024/25           N/a                N/a               Vanarama National League              6th ↑     First round ↑                   N/a           Lost in first round of the play offs.  First round of the F. A. Trophy.
2025/26           N/a                N/a               Vanarama National League              1st ↑     Fifth round ↑                   N/a           Promoted as champions.  Semi finals of the F. A. Trophy.

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21    Nick Ryder YP21D4                         4
2021/22    Nick Ryder YP21D4                        53
2022/23    Nick Ryder YP21D4                        99
2023/24    Dean Curran YP21C3                      144
2024/25    Dean Curran YP21C3                      184
2025/26    Dean Curran YP21C3                      234

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Goals
---------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21    No one!                                0
2021/22    Dean Curran YP21C3                     2
           Nick Ryder YP21D4                      2
2022/23    Dean Curran YP21C3                     9
2023/24    Özer Demir YP22C19                    27
2024/25    Özer Demir YP22C19                    42
2025/26    Anthony Connolly YP23F38              59

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Assists
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21    Nick Ryder YP21D4                       1
2021/22    Nick Ryder YP21D4                      14
2022/23    Nick Ryder YP21D4                      24
2023/24    Nick Ryder YP21D4                      31
2024/25    Nick Ryder YP21D4                      40
2025/26    Nick Ryder YP21D4                      53

Edited by DazRTaylor

Quick question, I guess the answer is no, as it means editing the db or downloading a file but can it be done eliminating Brexit? Hate it's randomness and lack of realistic output.

1 hour ago, Icy said:

Quick question, I guess the answer is no, as it means editing the db or downloading a file but can it be done eliminating Brexit? Hate it's randomness and lack of realistic output.

should have voted to stay in then! 

In all seriousness, I'm guessing no, as, as you say it would mean editing the database.

If and when we make it to the big time in my save I want my Merthyr team to play their games in the Martyrdome. But alas, I cannot change the database to rename the stadium

Edited by Mandy42

End of Season Review

Season 2021/22

qBYD0eyC_400x400.jpg.6b82045521acdb9d7d3b9f891e8c798d.jpg

Season 2 Summary - 1st Vanarama National, Won FA Trophy.

A strong first season set me up well for the second season as some great players wanted to join straight after the season, led from the off and managed to juggle the league and a FA cup run to the 4th round being knocked out by Championship birmingham. FA trophy win was great as we beat Aldershot in the final on penalties. another season without a prolific goalscorer which I hope to fix for League two! 

a4frFCk.png38AQIaS.pngMVdUOPV.png

Transfers, Best 11

Bolstered the squad with some great youth players on frees - Ogbeta, CJ Riley from Manc city improved my back four out of the gate in June, Ronan Darcy, Sotona and Bowden were great signings for midfield/attack. whilst Kaziah Sterling and Rolando Aarons joined in October after failing to pick up a club (v unrealistic) and together with Jordan Graham meant a Jamaican front three of pace and finesse.  Lansbury was a great addition in october also.

NR1FHKE.pngWX9yCa7.pngdOkcZpz.png

Key Players

Ronan Darcy on loan to buy from Bolton who was my player of the season.  it says he could be good championship so will hope to buy him with my new budget (of £18k per week up from 11k!) Ogbeta and Aarons were also class and should stay with me for the next couple seasons.

slK7yOf.pngfPFVz3Z.pnggVPA8M2.png

Whew, it's been a while since the last update...

Club

8cNiwIb.png

Season 4 Summary 2023-24

Season Notes
Although our League 2 season started slowly, we picked up a good head of steam a third of the way in and soared to a playoff spot by the three-quarters mark in the season. We tailed badly at the end, and barely made the playoffs and a 6th-place finish thanks to some helpful losses by clubs around us. With little momentum and awful morale, I thought we'd have little chance to gain promotion. But fortune smiled on us, as we scored in extra time in the second leg to make the final, then squeaked out a 1-0 win to gain our third consecutive promotion.

This is the first time I can remember that I’ve gotten three consecutive promotions in Football Manager. And as happy as I am with the promotion, my overall feeling is that it would have been better for us to stay in League 2 for another season. It’s looking like we’ll have the lowest wage budget in League 1 by about 10k. Our youth and training facilities are poor. We have one player who our scouts say is ready for League 1. Everyone else is League 2 or lower. We have lots of work to do, and with the playoffs running until the end of May, a considerably short window to get stuff done.

Unlike last year, we get no notable Year End Awards. Nya Kirby, our outstanding CM on loan, gets our Player of the Year. Other than that exception, we were more of a team of lots of good players but no superstars. 

We’ll have a lot of work to do in the off-season, but it does start out with some great news. I’ve asked Chairman Jimmy dozens of times to improve our training facilities, and every time he’s refused, but this time, with our account flush with cash from the playoffs and a deep FA Cup run, he relents. We’ll be building new facilities in the fall. That should help a ton!

Going forward, we’ll attack this offseason with much the same approach as we have in the past. Selling on or releasing the bottom half of the team who would struggle at League 1, and trying to replace them with players who can handle that level of play. Let’s get busy!

Screen Shots
Table
Manager Profile
Transfers

Year-By-Year
LOzKv0G.jpg

Season 4 Wrap Up Video

Edited by Zilla Blitz

1657117432_CheshamCrest.png.e995ed0f8e7994a1eec438334de79d7a.png

Chesham United FC: 2020/21 Season

Having attempted this challenge several times, I decided I would give it one final go to try and be successful. I narrowed my team selection down to just South Shields and Chesham United, with the Conference North seriously tempting me. In the end the financial muscle of the former put me off though, and I selected Chesham as my club.

I picked them as my side as I remember on my Cray Wanderers attempt they flew up through the Conference South and were pressing for promotion from the national. I am also a fan of the club colours. The club are known as ‘The Generals’ and were founded back in 1917. On game this is the first time the football club have ever played at this level. The club play their home matches at ‘The Meadow’, with a capacity of 5,000 and containing 284 seats. The club won the Isthmian Premier Division back in the 1992/93 season, but were denied promotion as the ground didn’t match league criteria.

1659543616_ManagerProfile.thumb.png.03a116c195ee5c2cb0fd124789a576ff.png

My arrival at the club prompted a mass exodus of staff, and a whole new backroom team assembled. Former West Ham man Zavon Hines arrived as my assistant manager and Lewis Buxton joined our coaching team. I delved into the market quickly, bringing in no fewer than eleven new players for our squad. Strikers Callum Bunting and Bradley Clayton both left (for Dulwich Hamlet and Ebbsfleet respectively), freeing up over £1,000 on the weekly wage budget. The new signings gave our squad a much better look, with the likes of Kacper Kurylowicz, Malachi Walcott, Denis Cirkin, Conor Carty and Jay Mingi coming into the starting line up. Central midfielder George Hunt (formerly of Bournemouth) looked our most promising signing, although striker Conor Carty (recently released by Wolves) would challenge him for that. Excitingly we also picked up a 16-year old central midfielder in Kevin McGrath, signing him on a free transfer from Pickup Academy. He looked very promising, and was sure to earn some game time this season. In fact after all of our transfer activity 36-year old holding midfielder Matt Richards was to be the only existing player to remain in my strongest starting eleven.

We lined up with a 4-1-2-2-1 formation, my old trusty quick counter attacking football. Expectations from the board were merely to fight bravely against relegation, although our transfer activities meant the media felt we were capable of a 10th placed finish. We started the season well enough, drawing at home to much fancied Dulwich Hamlet and Havant & Waterlooville, as well as picking up a thumping 4-1 away win over Maidstone United. We went seven matches unbeaten in fact, before back to back losses brought us back into reality.

We stuttered our way through the next few months, before suffering a truly terrible month in January. We found ourselves just outside of the play-off spots after four defeats in five matches. At this stage I identified the signing of Jaden Thompson-Brissett to solve our problems. We were creating so many chances throughout games, but often found ourselves failing to outscore our opposition. His arrival, coupled with a change in system to become more direct solved that issue.

Jaden Thompson-Brissett would pick up 9 goals in 14 games for us as we marched up the league table and comfortably secured a spot in the play-offs. We won 13 and drew 2 of our last sixteen league matches, only suffering the one defeat to champions Boreham Wood. We finished the campaign in 4th position, meaning we would enter the play-offs in the First Round, with a home tie against Dartford.

1464569668_FinalTable.thumb.png.99e3c77ab9fc165ef03a2e2a4dc39017.png

We produced a superb performance against Dartford, even though we had to wait a long time before making the breakthrough. Right back Connor O’Reilly smashed a stunning long range strike home on 61 minutes to give us the lead, his first goal for the club. Twelve minutes later we put the tie to bed, as Dan Cashman popped up to give us a 2-0 lead, which we didn’t relinquish.

I was nervous about our semi-final, as we travelled away to play Dulwich Hamlet who had finished the season in 2nd spot. My fears became reality on 32 minutes, as we fell behind to a beautifully worked goal. We scrambled through until half time just the goal behind, and we changed system to try and change our fortunes. It worked, and Dan Cashman equalised for us on 68 minutes. The rest of the game saw a bombardment on our net, but we held on to force extra-time. Extra-time followed a similar pattern as I looked to get my side to complete one of the great smash and grab results. It didn’t happen, although we clung on to take a penalty shoot out for a spot in the final. Goalkeeper Kacper Kurylowicz played our hero, twice saving as we won 4-3 on penalties to advance to an away final against Concord Rangers.

play-off.thumb.png.6303146f6e5833eedcc2f6adc54cb038.png

Truly gutting for us, although a game in which we should feel incredibly proud. In honesty we had plenty of chances to win the game, with Jaden Thompson-Brissett in particular being guilty of wasting opportunities. In the end it came down to the lottery of a shoot out, and Conor Carty and Connor O’Reilly both missed as we lost out.

I wanted us to progress in the cup competitions in order to boost our finances, and also hopefully pick up some fans along the way. Unfortunately we didn’t really manage it. In the FA Cup we won 2-0 at home against both Peacehaven and Merthyr Town to reach the final round of qualifying. A tie at home to Barnet of the Conference National was our reward, and I was eyeing a cup upset. We should’ve done it as well, but fell to a 0-1 defeat after conceding a late goal. In the FA Trophy we drew Concord Rangers, who at the time were flying in our division. We never got going, and lost 1-2, although we did create a couple of chances late on that would have taken the tie to extra-time.

A heart breaking end to a phenomenal first campaign at the helm. We probably didn’t deserve to go up in all honesty, although our form at the end of the season was sensational. The signing of Jaden Thompson-Brissett the catalyst, as Conor Carty struggled to find the back of the net. He did finish as our top scorer with 16 league goals, but was far from our best performer. Defensively we were solid, but central midfielder Jay Mingi was probably our best player. He scored 10 league goals, and impressed every time he played.

It’ll be a busy summer, as I am determined to have another crack for promotion next season. The board concur, asking for a minimum finish within the play-offs. They have increased the weekly wage budget for those expectations, although financially the club isn’t in position really. We’ve got a balance of over £100,000 in the red, and there are constant rumours of a takeover being on the horizon. 

Footer1.thumb.png.116e4de1f7a8fd78e56e526f9eac0adb.png

Edited by goonergez

3aatxvF.png

SEASON REVIEW: 2026/27
Squad : League Table : Finances : Transfers : League Fixtures 1 2 : FA Cup Fixtures : FA Trophy Fixtures

Media Prediction (start of season): 13th
Board Expectations: Avoid Relegation (required); FA Cup 1st round (required); FA Trophy 2nd round (preferred)

Transfers

We began our summer by once again bringing in some youngsters who didn't make it at the Premier League level. Two of them ended up moving on to clubs in Scotland during the January transfer window. The other two were a M(C) who was loaned out to Arbroath in Scotland and a new backup goalie for the future. Andrew Nelson was signed as an upgrade/replacement at D(C). Richard Reaney was signed as an upgrade at AM(R) and would prove to be superb addition to the squad.

I was able to sell Kallum Cesay and Peter Kioso in the early summer window, freeing up almost $90k in payroll room by unloading a couple of players who were not going to be part of the main first-team squad anymore. Both had served the club well and parted on good terms. Kioso had been a major player upon his initial signing with us and had been receiving interest from League One clubs, but I was comfortable letting him go because Jimmy O'Donnell, who was signed the year prior, was a better and younger player at that position. 

Unfortunately, League One Reading came calling for Jimmy O'Donnell about 5 weeks later. The offer was pretty low for his value to us (I think because he was on such a cheap contract?), but it became clear that if he wasn't allowed to go it was going to cause a problem. I was able to secure an immediate loan-back clause as well as 40% of the next sale clause, so even though Hednesford no longer owns his rights, we still have him on our squad (without having to pay his salary!). Josh Davidson and Jordan Helliwell joined us on free transfers in October to provide some depth. Davidson especially became a valuable player for us this year.

Season Recap

This season was defined by mediocrity and frustration. We started with 2-0 road victory with new signing Richard Reaney getting off the mark for us in his debut. Unfortunately he suffered an injury in the 5th minute of stoppage time and missed the rest of the month. We did not have a draw during the entire first three months of the season. Apparently we missed Benjamin Mensah a lot more than I thought we would, because the defense was very porous. 

Despite our struggles on the pitch, surprise struck on November 14th with a job interview offer from Championship team Hull. I was very frustrated with the way this team was performing so I created a new "journeyman" save for me to come back to if I got too frustrated with this one to continue. Surprisingly enough I ended up getting the job with Hull! I reloaded my Hednesford save, declined the interview, and continued on through the rest of the season however. I received 4 more job offers from Championship teams through the end of January (Bristol City, Stoke, Middlesborough, and Swansea). The big shock came on March 15th with Arsenal offered a job interview!! I just had to create a save point there and see if I could land that job, but alas they went in a different direction although the interview seemed to go very well.

We continued to be very inconsistent on the pitch thought the season, and the end of January saw us in 16th place and 13 points away from a playoff position. The start of February began with our elimination from the FAT trophy and heading towards our annual late winter / early spring display of poor form. Thankfully this time that did not happen. Although we lost Brad Shrouder for the remainder of the season due to a broken foot mid-February we started to play a lot better. A tactics change to a 4-2-4 wing play system seemed to provide the start we needed and we went 7-1-2 in the league over February and March bringing us to 9th in the table as the final month of the season began. We were essentially out of playoff consideration at that point, but I was hoping we could finish the season well and maintain our spot in 9th position. We had a mediocre April, going 1-3-1, but finished up with 65 points and tied our best ever VNL finish with 9th place.

Cup Competitions

Once again, we had a disappointing defeat in the final qualifying round of the FA Cup. We were not playing good soccer at all during that time of the year. The FA Trophy saw us meet expectations this season by reaching the third round. For the third time in my six seasons at Hednesford we were knocked out of the competition by the eventual champions.

Finances

Our payroll budget for the year was $727k which was not a change from the previous year. Our sponsorship income increased by a whopping $300, and we are still a whopping $130k below average for the league. Our small reputation is really hurting us in that regard I fear. The sales of Kesay, Kioso, and O'Donnell brought in a combined $61.5 in transfer revenue for us. Unfortunately 0% of that money was given back to the transfer budget. 

I don't think the board has a good grasp on what to do with the finances either. On August 30 (after the sale of those three players) they announced a transfer revenue increase to 20% of player sales. A week later it was decreased to 5%. The beginning of January saw it increased once again to 20% only to be decreased back down to 5% three weeks later. The day after the season ended it was increased back to 20% only to see it brought back down to 5% a week later. 

Attendance was abysmal again this season. Our season tickets increased from 381 to 403 this year. Our average attendance dropped to 863 for the year, once again last in the league and the only club to average less than 1000 at the gate. Our "home" attendance was only 608 this year, althought it did average 766 over the last two months of the season as our results improved. 

Overall for the season we recorded a loss of ($19,981) which doesn't look that bad, but we had board investments totaling $408k this season so that number is misleading. I have stayed about 10% under my payroll budget each season and am working hard to control the finances, but with such a low reputation club we are just not able to generate any income. We have to have a good cup run to get some extra cash.

Youth Intake

Dane Crutwell_27A was the cream of the crop of this year's youth intake. He is a striker with 3.5* PA, so we shall see how he progresses. Unfortunately we still have poor facilities, so I'm not very high on the hopes of his progression. Brad Gaines_27B also shows some good potential.

Player Stat Leaders

Top Goalscorer: Nathan Jenkins and Richard Reaney (13)
Highest Average Rating: Richard Reaney (7.18)
Most Assists: Richard Reaney (13)

Awards

I was named Head Coach of the Month for February.

Goals for Next Season

I would like to sneak into the playoffs this coming season. The board finally expects more of us than just avoiding relegation. Their expectations for the coming season are a mid-table finish, and they expect us to make the playoffs within three seasons. Obviously, I am hoping for a quicker timetable than that. I don't plan on looking for much more than a replacement keeper in the transfer market. I am bringing in an upgrade at left back on loan, and will continue to peruse the market for inexpensive upgrades and depth as I am able. I think if we can get off to a good start this season, our attendance should be better and hopefully we will start to work closer towards positive cash flow.

Career Overview

Season 	    	Team			League					Position	Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21		Hitchin Town		Vanarama National League North		23rd		Relegated; FA Cup 4Q Round; FA Trophy 1st Round
2021/22		Hednesford Town		Vanarama National League North		18th		FA Cup 3Q Round; FA Trophy 1st Round
2022/23					Vanarama National League North		3rd		Lost in Playoff Final; FA Cup 1st Round; FA Trophy 3Q Round
2023/24					Vanarama National League North		1st		Promoted as Champion; FA Cup 4Q Round; FA Trophy 2nd Round
2024/25					Vanarama National League		13th		FA Cup 4Q Round; FA Trophy 3rd Round
2025/26					Vanarama National League		9th		FA Cup 1st Round; FA Trophy 1st Round
2026/27					Vanarama National League		9th		FA Cup 4Q Round; FA Trophy 3rd Round

Season Record

Season		Played	Won	Drawn	Lost	Goals For	Goals Against	Goal Difference		Awards
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21		50	14	8	28	55		76		-21
2021/22		50	14	15	21	50		62		-12
2022/23		53	29	11	13	74		48		+26			Head Coach of the Month (3x)
2023/24		52	31	11	10	93		54		+39			Head Coach of the Month (4x), Head Coach of the Season
2024/25		52	18	16	18	56		53		+3
2025/26		50	22	11	17	66		51		+15			Head Coach of the Month (1x)
2026/27		51      21      9       21      68              69              -1			Head Coach of the Month (1x)

Totals:		358	149	81	128	462		413		+49

Personal Coaching Data

Season(End)	Reputation	Qualifications		Att  Def  Fit  GkD  GkH  GkS  Tac  Tec  Men  WWY  Ada  Det  PlK  YoK  Dis  MaM  Mot
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Start		Minimal	(0.25*)	None			 1    1    1    1    1    1    1    3    2    2    1    1    1    2    2    2    1
2020/21		Minimal	(0.50*)	National B		 5    7    2    2    3    2    7    9    7    6         5    6    6    7    7    7
2021/22		Minimal (0.75*)	National A		 8    10   3    3         3    10   10   8              6    7    7    8    9    9
2022/23		Nominal (1.25*)	Continental B		 12   12   4    4    5         12   12   11             8    9    9    20   12   12
2023/24		Decent (1.75*)	Continental A		 13   13        5    6         14   13   12             9    11   10        13   13
2024/25							                                                                            14   14
2025/26		Decent (2.00*)	Continental Pro		 14   14   5    6    7    4    15   14   13   10        10   12   12        16   15
2026/27							                					     13   11        18   17

On 25/04/2020 at 16:10, GoalieManPat121 said:

At that stage players released by premiere clubs arent as effective as the good ones will be targeted by other Premiere league clubs and the rest will be below Championship quality. In Championship I'm looking to raid foreign players for out of contract or cheap buys.

Cheers @GoalieManPat121. I ended up bringing in 14 players, including 6 loanees. 3 of the new signings weren't new at all, as they were on loan last season, with 2 joining us permanently and 1 on loan again. We've started the season like a train, unbeaten in 8 in the league. I made a few deadline day additions, and I'm really pleased with the state of the squad currently. 

Worthingfclogo.png.5f8aedbb0fe2096f7ce231a11374eedf.png

Crispypaul
Worthing

Vanarama National League
2021/22

League - Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 | Fixtures 3 | Table - a 7-0 defeat of Solihull Moors in our first game gave me confidence this was a good season.  However Northampton were the leaders at first.  It wasn't until later on in the season we overhauled them to be promoted to the Football League as winners.

FA Cup - Fixtures - a couple of Step 6 sides at home first then we faced MK Dons in the 2nd round and snuck past.  That gave us a plum draw against Newcastle - we did well to draw 2-2 at home setting up a replay away which we did lose but helped the finances. 

FA Trophy - Fixtures - fairly comfortable run to the final where we faced Chesterfield.  One of the dullest games  I have ever played in FM had a 1-0 win for us to lift the trophy.

Finances - the Newcastle run helped with these however I have bumped up the youth setup, got training facilities and we're off to Crawley for 6 months whilst the stadium is rebuilt to meet grading requirements.

Squad - not listed here but I had a good striker on loan from Ross County that my DoF found but they wouldn't let me extend the loan past January.

Key players

Jake Battersby - continued to be great down the left

Connor Barrett - another good season from the centre half

Oliver Long - kept himself in the team at central midfield.  

Christian Saydee - I thought he wouldn't do as well this season but still banged in 26 goals.  

Jaden Ferguson-Williams - my DoF found this ex Celtic striker whom I signed on non-contract terms which proved a bargain

Aubrel Koutsimouka - French left back previously at Brentford

Eddie Carrington - ex Spurs trainee was great on the right wing

Future - extended my contract of course.  Will probably have to rebuild again as I doubt some of these players are Football League quality.  We of course turned professional.

Season	 	Division	Position	FA Cup		League Cup		Europe		Notes						
2020/21     	VNS	      	    1st         3rd round		-		-		League winners, promoted, FAT semis
2021/22		VNL		1st		3rd round		-		-	League winners, promoted, FAT winners

Edited by Crispypaul

End of Season Review

Season 2026/27

FC United of Manchester

League Table - We were in the top three for most of the season, without ever challenging for the title.  Salford were just too strong and they did the double over us.

League Fixtures 1, 2 & 3 - A fantastic season, capped off with an unexpected promotion.

F. A. Cup - Another decent cup run, we made it through to round four before narrowly losing away to top flight Bournemouth.  We did beat two clubs from a higher division though on route.

Carabao Cup - We made it through to round before before being eliminated.  We defeated three Championship sides on the way, two away from home.

leasing.com Trophy - I played weakened sides and as a result, we finished bottom of our group and were knocked out.

Pre Season Friendlies - Four defeats, three of them at home to bigger clubs.

Squad - We are definitely improving as the players develop.

Squad Dynamics - With everyone having played together for years, this is as good as you would expect.

Transfers In - None.

Transfers Out - One big sale here as shown earlier.  I also allowed a few players to leave on free transfers as they either haven't developed or are just not good enough.

Youth Candidates - Not the "Golden Generation" I was promised, but Mark Nicholls YP27A97 looks like he could be a first team regular for years to come.

Finances - Very healthy, largely down to the sale of Stuart Bloomfield YP23G39.

Key Players

Anthony Connelly YP23F38 - The main striker who continues to score for fun.

Özer Demir YP22C19 - Left winger who is good enough to play at a higher level.

Dean Curran YP21C3 - The poster boy of the club, the centre back has made more appearances for the club than anyone else.

Ryan Jackson YP23E37 - Playing the holding role in midfield, he had a fine season.

Kieran McKay YP24C51 - Can play in central midfield or up front, the young Scot had his best season to date.

Next Season

It would be great to survive next season.  Time will tell.

Personal Coaching Data

Season   Reputation              Qualifications          Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start Minimal       (0.25*)   None                      1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2020/21  Minimal =     (0.75*) ↑ National B ↑↑             7 ↑   6 ↑   3 ↑   2 ↑   2 ↑   2 ↑   6 ↑   7 ↑   7 ↑   4 =   1 =   5 ↑   5 ↑   6 ↑  10 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑
2021/22  Nominal ↑     (1.50*) ↑ Continental B ↑↑↑        12 ↑  10 ↑   4 ↑   5 ↑   3 ↑   4 ↑  10 ↑  10 ↑  10 ↑   4 =   1 =   9 ↑   8 ↑   9 ↑  18 ↑  11 ↑  10 ↑
2022/23  Nominal =     (1.50*) = Continental A ↑          13 ↑  12 ↑   5 ↑   6 ↑   4 ↑   4 =  11 ↑  12 ↑  11 ↑   4 =   1 =  10 ↑  10 ↑  11 ↑  20 ↑  12 ↑  12 ↑
2023/24  Decent ↑     (2.00*) ↑  Continental Pro ↑        13 =  13 ↑   6 ↑   7 ↑   5 ↑   5 ↑  12 ↑  12 =  13 ↑   4 =   1 =  11 ↑  10 =  11 ↑  20 =  13 ↑  13 ↑
2024/25  Decent =      (2.00*) = Continental Pro =        13 =  13 =   6 =   7 =   5 =   5 =  12 =  12 =  13 =   4 =   1 =  11 =  10 =  11 =  20 =  14 ↑  14 ↑
2025/26  Okay ↑        (2.25*) ↑ Continental Pro =        13 =  13 =   6 =   7 =   5 =   5 =  12 =  12 =  13 =   6 ↑   1 =  11 =  10 =  13 ↑  21 ↑  14 =  15 ↑
2026/27  Fairly Good ↑ (2.75*) ↑ Continental Pro =        13 =  13 =   6 =   7 =   5 =   5 =  12 =  12 =  13 =  11 ↑   1 =  11 =  11 ↑  13 =  21 =  16 ↑  16 ↑

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Data Analysis Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Basic                Basic             Poor                      Adequate              Average          Fairly Basic       Local      (1.00*)
2020/21    Basic =              Basic =           Poor =                    Adequate =            Excellent ↑↑↑    Good ↑↑↑           Local =    (1.00*) =
2021/22    Basic =              Basic =           Poor =                    Adequate =            Exceptional ↑    Good ↑             Local =    (1.00*) =
2022/23    Basic =              Below Average ↑   Poor =                    Adequate =            Exceptional =    Excellent ↑        Local =    (1.00*) =
2023/24    Basic =              Below Average =   Poor =                    Adequate =            Exceptional =    Excellent =        Local =    (1.00*) =
2024/25    Basic =              Below Average =   Poor =                    Adequate =            Exceptional =    Exceptional ↑      Local =    (1.00*) =
2025/26    Basic =              Adequate ↑        Average ↑↑↑               Adequate =            Exceptional =    Exceptional =      Regional ↑ (1.50*) ↑
2026/27    Basic =              Average ↑         Average =                 Adequate =            Exceptional =    Exceptional =      Regional = (1.50*) =

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21      57        30       12       15         111              67                +44
2021/22      61        27       14       20         103              76                +27
2022/23      53        24       13       16          84              53                +31
2023/24      50        30       10       10          89              49                +40
2024/25      52        25        7       20          87              74                +13
2025/26      62        38       10       14         121              71                +50
2026/27      57        33       12       12          96              52                +44

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Time At Club
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21          57        30       12       15         111              67                +44               325 days
2021/22         118        57       26       35         214             143                +71               689 days
2022/23         171        81       39       51         298             196               +102             1,053 days
2023/24         221       111       49       61         387             245               +142             1,424 days
2024/25         273       136       56       81         474             319               +155             1,777 days
2025/26         335       174       66       95         595             390               +205             2,163 days
2026/27         392       207       78      107         691             442               +249             2,520 days

Trophy Haul

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League     Europa League          League                             Position     F.A. Cup                    League Cup        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21           N/a                N/a               Vanarama National League North        4th       First round                     N/a           Lost on penalties in the playoff final.  Third round of the F. A. Trophy.
2021/22           N/a                N/a               Vanarama National League North       12th ↓     Second round ↑                  N/a           Mid table mediocrity.  Semi finals of the F. A. Trophy.
2022/23           N/a                N/a               Vanarama National League North        6th ↑     First round ↓                   N/a           Lost in the first round of the playoffs.  First round of the F. A. Trophy.
2023/24           N/a                N/a               Vanarama National League North        1st ↑     Fourth qualifying round ↓       N/a           Promoted as champions.  Third qualifying round of the F. A. Trophy.
2024/25           N/a                N/a               Vanarama National League              6th ↑     First round ↑                   N/a           Lost in first round of the play offs.  First round of the F. A. Trophy.
2025/26           N/a                N/a               Vanarama National League              1st ↑     Fifth round ↑                   N/a           Promoted as champions.  Semi finals of the F. A. Trophy.
2026/27           N/a                N/a               Sky Bet League Two                    2nd ↑     Fourth round ↓              Fourth round      Promoted.  Group stage of leasing.com Trophy.

2026/27    Dean Curran YP21C3                      281

2026/27    Anthony Connolly YP23F38              83

2026/27    Nick Ryder YP21D4                      55

SAFC.thumb.png.bcca7a44d716940486959c6c8df20cf8.png

SEASON 2022-23

Our first season in the football league was an up and down one, I maanged to sign some big players for my standard anyway. However it stretched the wage budget to max as i thought i'd ned to start giving decent contracts to try and get players good enough for League two so after the many signings i made there was little room to move money wise.

Here is my transfers for this year 2105169528_Transfers22-23.thumb.png.b984ab1646fc5e11fd386da0d25cab61.png

So back to the league, i struggled at first due to the higher quality and new players getting used to my system but we were treading water at around 18th for a fair while which was to be expected.

What was not expected was what was to follow, I changed tactics to a pure Wing Play ideology and watch what wonders happen.

276259372_LeagueTable22-23.thumb.png.6caa376e47ec9dd55d23e815608e0260.png 

We had the best run possible with everything going our way and almost went up automatic but still a play off birth in our first season was again another dream season. The signing of the season was one Jamie Soule. Top goalscorer for me and for the league which always helps 

1514681648_TopGoalscorer22-23.thumb.png.ae7db45aa2f191d390d7041d586f22fe.png

So finally we come to the play off finals, We played Notts County in the semi final with an away tie first up. our first choice keeper was injured for 5 weeks so our youth keeper was required to step in for the play off semi. We got absoultely battered at Meadow Lane but managed to nick a 1-0 result away from home. The next tie was much better. Playing nice football and holding a 1-1 draw that sent us to Wembley. We were to face Mansfield town for a place in League One.

What came next was an epic if not low goal affair. Both teams scored cracking free kicks in the first half to keep suspense in the air. I decided as it went to extra time that i couldn't win in open play so set up defensively to try and drag the game to penalties.

We did just that. Now only a shoot out was standing in our way of Promotion for a 3rd time in as many years.  It did not go well, I regretted even attempting to go to penalties as my first 2 shooters missed so i was 2-0 down in as many shots.

Then a miracle happened, My youth keeper who had only ever played a couple of games of first team football saved 3 in a row!!!!!

That's right boys and girls, We won 6-5 after missing the first 2

WE ARE GOING UP SAY WE ARE GOING UP !!!1083014632_Playofffinal22-23.thumb.png.0622a46ee13172351c8a73ee5cf06739.png

This is the greatest start to any Dafuge challenge i have done but i have a transfer budget of 100K to try and stay in league one and a wage budget of 35K so if there are no decent free transfers i might well be going straight back down. But i have to back myself as we have done brilliant so far. Loving this save !!!

3aatxvF.png

SEASON REVIEW: 2027/28
Squad 1 2 : League Table : Finances : Transfers : League Fixtures 1 2 : FA Cup Fixtures : FA Trophy Fixtures

Media Prediction (start of season): 8th
Board Expectations: Mid-table Finish (required); FA Cup 1st round (required); FA Trophy 4th round (preferred)

Transfers

Stephane Jacquot, Jim Milne, and Colin Howell were the three youngsters brought in who didn't make it with their Premier League clubs. All three played major minutes for us this season. Harrison Blckmore proved to be a superb addition up front. Ray Guy and Peter Oldham grew tired of being free agents and joined us in November on great contracts to shore up our midfield and really helped turn the season around.

Alfie Lewis, Josh Davidson, and Isaac Fletcher all found themselves in the position of losing playing time to better players and managed to bring in $48k in total sales. 

Season Recap

We got off to a great start to the season, securing 16 points in our first 7 matches, and finding ourselves in 3rd place after the first month of the season. September saw us hit a little skid, only getting 4 points on the month and falling to 8th position in the table. October was the definition of mediocre as we went 2-2-2 in league play, but we did eke back into the playoff picture by the end of the month although only one point separated us from 8th place. November was a brutal month in which we lost all 5 matches we played, including a first round exit from the FA Cup. 

As the calendar turned to December we were in 10th place, but only 3 points separated us from a playoff position. From that point on we played much better football for the remainder of the season. With Ray Guy and Peter Oldham joining us in November we switched primarily to a 4-1-2-3 DM wing play based system, and the results started flowing. After our winless month of November, we only lost 5 more league matches the rest of the season, and 3 of those 5 were to teams that finished in playoff positions. We were hanging around in reach of the playoffs, usually finding ourselves somewhere between 8th and 10th position for most of the rest of the campaign. Richard Reaney broke his leg just before the transfer window closed, but we were able to secure Taylor Buchanan in a transfer deadline loan deal. 

As the final month of the season arrived we were in 10th place and 4 points from a playoff spot. The first three matches of the month saw us at home with the final 2 matches on the road. The home field advantage worked in our favor finally, and a 3-1 victory against Yeovil in our final home match saw us climb into 6th place with two away matches remaining. The table was congested however, with 6th through 12th place separated by only three points. Tension was high! The injury bug had bitten again with Peter Oldham straining knee ligaments on April 8th and out for the remainder of the season. An away victory against Weymouth saw us extend our unbeaten run to 10 matches, and we were in control of our own destiny heading into the last match against 2nd place Aldershot, but even on points with 8th place and 5 teams still eligible for the last two playoff positions. Everyone competing for the last two positions was playing against playoff teams also jockeying for positioning with the exception of Chester who would be playing already-relegated Macclesfield. Unfortunately, defensive midfielder Ray Guy decided to get a second yellow card and sent off 30 minutes into our match against Aldershot. The defense soon gave up a goal, with a second soon to follow. Results elsewhere seemed to be still in our favor though, and we were clinging to the final playoff spot based on goal differential. Macclesfield eventually caved to the second-half pressure from Chester however, and their victory knocked us out of the playoffs and into 8th position, a very bitter ending to our season. 

We have nobody to blame except ourselves however. We didn't beat teams that we should have beaten this year. We only secured 11 of a possible 24 points in our matches against the 4 teams that were relegated this year. We just didn't do what needed to be done against the weaker teams. Our lack of depth hurt us when players needed rest down the stretch run and we saw too many victories slip away to draws. Chester went on to win the playoffs.

Cup Competitions

Well, we at least met the expectation of making the 1st round this year. Our 4th round qualifying match drew us on the road against FC Halifax who were recently relegated to the Vanarama National North. A 2-0 victory saw us advance to the first round for only the 3rd time since I've been at Hednesford. We drew as the away team against Chester and lost 1-0. (On a side note, is there a method other than random for determining who draws as the home team in the FA Cup? We have drawn as the away team in 12 of the 15 FA Cup draws I've been a part of in my time at Hednesford. If it is truly random, then we have had truly unfortunately luck, because there's only about a 1.3% chance of that happening in a true 50/50 scenario.)

The FA Trophy went much better for us this season. We conceded only 1 goal in the first four rounds of the trophy and marched to the semifinals on the back of 4-0 away victory against Bromley in the 4th Round. The semifinal draw pitted us against Aldershot and away for the first leg. I was hoping that we could manage to get a draw with an away goal so we could head home with a chance to advance based on the strength of our defense. The score was level at zero at the half, and we went on to put three in the back of the net in the second half to secure a convincing 3-0 victory on the road and heading home with a place in the final firmly within our grasp. Due to the battle for a playoff spot in the league the second leg saw most of our starters receive a day of rest, and the second team held on for 0-0 draw at home and a place in the FA Trophy final for the first time since Hednesford won the trophy in 2004. On to Wembley!

The final pitted against our arch-rival AFC Telford who were enjoying a nine-match unbeaten streak against us. I am so sick of being asked about that streak in a press conference every time we face them. Unfortunately our missing the playoffs left us with a three week break before the final. Stupidly, I did not schedule any friendly matches during that time to keep us match ready. We conceded two second-half goals and lost once again to our rivals 2-0. 

Finances

I feel like I can almost copy/past this section every season because the results and miserable outlook is virtually the same.

We had a loss of ($181,809) for the season. Our appearance in the FA Trophy final added $230k to that balance between gate receipts at Wembley and prize money for the final loss. Another $107k of prize money was received between the FA Cup and other FA Trophy matches and the board added an investment of $70k. 

Our reputation increased slightly to a "Regional" rating of 1.5*, but our season ticket numbers barely increased for this season, from 403 to 411. Our average league attendance for the season fell to 836 which was 23rd in the league and one of only two teams with an average less than 1000. 

I have not exceeded my budgeted payroll during my entire tenure at Hednesford, usually only using around 90% of the figure budgeted. Since the board takeover a year and a half ago, I have consistently exceeded expectations and showed fiscal restraint. In spite of all this, they have lowered my payroll budget for next season by almost 20% while at the same time increasing their expectations. I don't mind an increased expectation of a top-half finish, but I don't understand the slashing of the payroll. I know that we are in the red, but at least the previous board would inject money consistently to help offset costs. This board has been very reticent to make a financial investment at all.

Youth Intake

The youth intake was not good at all this season. Only 5 players even were offered contracts if my memory is correct. No one rated above 2.5* in PA.

Player Stat Leaders

Top Goalscorer: Harrison Blackmore (19)
Highest Average Rating: Richard Reaney (7.18)
Most Assists: Richard Reaney (11)

Awards

Harrison Blackmore won Vanarama National Player of the Month and Young Player of the Month in December.

Goals for Next Season

Honestly, I'm about done with this experiment. I see a number of you that have achieved 2 or 3 consecutive promotions and am very jealous, confused, and frustrated. The board slashing payroll for next season may end up being the final nail in the coffin for me. I'm not sure how much further I can take this group. I plan on giving a go for one more season, but unless things start showing improvement I'm probably done with Hednesford.

We don't have any room in the payroll budget to bring new players in. I fear that Harrison Blackmore will be sold and leave us with a hole at striker. Everyone will be back for another season, so a playoff push for promotion is mandatory in my opinion. We really need to start finding a replacement for our 31-year old keeper.

Career Overview

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21		Hitchin Town		Vanarama National League North		23rd		Relegated; FA Cup 4Q Round; FA Trophy 1st Round
2021/22		Hednesford Town		Vanarama National League North		18th		FA Cup 3Q Round; FA Trophy 1st Round
2022/23										3rd		Lost in Playoff Final; FA Cup 1st Round; FA Trophy 3Q Round
2023/24										1st		Promoted as Champion; FA Cup 4Q Round; FA Trophy 2nd Round
2024/25					Vanarama National League		13th		FA Cup 4Q Round; FA Trophy 3rd Round
2025/26										9th		FA Cup 1st Round; FA Trophy 1st Round
2026/27										9th		FA Cup 4Q Round; FA Trophy 3rd Round
2027/28										8th		FA Cup 1st Round; FA Trophy lost in final

Season Record

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2023/24		52	31	11	10	93		54		+39			Head Coach of the Month (4x), Head Coach of the Season
2026/27		51      21      9       21      68              69              -1			Head Coach of the Month (1x)
2027/28		56	25	14	17	70		51		+19

Totals:		414	174	95	145	532		464		+68

Personal Coaching Data

Season(End)	Reputation	Qualifications		Att  Def  Fit  GkD  GkH  GkS  Tac  Tec  Men  WWY  Ada  Det  PlK  YoK  Dis  MaM  Mot
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Start		Minimal	(0.25*)	None			 1    1    1    1    1    1    1    3    2    2    1    1    1    2    2    2    1
2020/21		Minimal	(0.50*)	National B		 5    7    2    2    3    2    7    9    7    6         5    6    6    7    7    7
2021/22		Minimal (0.75*)	National A		 8    10   3    3         3    10   10   8              6    7    7    8    9    9
2022/23		Nominal (1.25*)	Continental B		 12   12   4    4    5         12   12   11             8    9    9    20   12   12
2023/24		Decent (1.75*)	Continental A		 13   13        5    6         14   13   12             9    11   10        13   13
2024/25							                                                                            14   14
2025/26		Decent (2.00*)	Continental Pro		 14   14   5    6    7    4    15   14   13   10        10   12   12        16   15
2027/28															       22   19   19

End of Season Review

Season 2027/28

FC United of Manchester

League Table - We were in the automatic promotion places until April, when our form dropped away.  I can't be anything but delighted with our season though, to make the play offs.

Play Offs - We scraped past AFC Wimbledon in the semi final, 4-3 on aggregate, setting up a play off final against Colchester United.  With the score 2-2 after extra time, it went to penalties and we held our nerve to win 4-2 and gain promotion to the Championship.

League Fixtures 1, 2 & 3 - We started the season in superb form, going unbeaten for seventeen matches.

F. A. Cup - We were very poor this year, losing in the second round in the replay at Swindon, having been held at home.

Carabao Cup - No cup run this year as Championship side Hull City hammered us 3-0 in the first round on Humberside.

leasing.com Trophy - We made it out of the group this year, thanks to two penalty shoot out wins, though our luck ran out in the second round, losing on penalties to Tranmere Rovers.

Pre Season Friendlies - An excellent pre season with just the one defeat.

Squad - They continue to improve and are playing above their level.

Squad Dynamics - The harmony amongst the squad is excellent.

Transfers In - None.

Transfers Out - One big sale as described earlier is the obvious highlight, though a few youngsters who were not going to make it were allowed to leave, together with some others out on loan.

Youth Candidates - I was promised a "Golden Generation" and I got nothing of the sort.  The worst intake to date with Dylan Fowler YP28115 the best of a disappointing group.

Finances - Whilst we are in a good state, the board are spending just under £3 million on facility improvements.

Key Players

Anthony Connelly YP23F38 - The striker, despite not being a natural finisher, continues to score for fun.  He scored an astonishing 48 goals in his 54 appearances this season.

Lewis Thomas YP26A81 - Now a natural on the right wing, he had a terrific season.

Amadou Kanteh YP24D52 - Full Gambian international who can play in either central midfield or central defence.  Normally in the back four, he marshalls the defence well.

Kieran McKay YP24C51 - Playing in central midfield, the Scottish Under 21 international had a good, though not great season.

Ryan Jackson YP23E37 - Plays the holding role in midfield so well, he is an automatic selection.

Next Season

Survival.  Somehow.

Personal Coaching Data

Season   Reputation              Qualifications          Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
At start Minimal       (0.25*)   None                      1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2020/21  Minimal =     (0.75*) ↑ National B ↑↑             7 ↑   6 ↑   3 ↑   2 ↑   2 ↑   2 ↑   6 ↑   7 ↑   7 ↑   4 =   1 =   5 ↑   5 ↑   6 ↑  10 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑
2021/22  Nominal ↑     (1.50*) ↑ Continental B ↑↑↑        12 ↑  10 ↑   4 ↑   5 ↑   3 ↑   4 ↑  10 ↑  10 ↑  10 ↑   4 =   1 =   9 ↑   8 ↑   9 ↑  18 ↑  11 ↑  10 ↑
2022/23  Nominal =     (1.50*) = Continental A ↑          13 ↑  12 ↑   5 ↑   6 ↑   4 ↑   4 =  11 ↑  12 ↑  11 ↑   4 =   1 =  10 ↑  10 ↑  11 ↑  20 ↑  12 ↑  12 ↑
2023/24  Decent ↑     (2.00*) ↑  Continental Pro ↑        13 =  13 ↑   6 ↑   7 ↑   5 ↑   5 ↑  12 ↑  12 =  13 ↑   4 =   1 =  11 ↑  10 =  11 ↑  20 =  13 ↑  13 ↑
2024/25  Decent =      (2.00*) = Continental Pro =        13 =  13 =   6 =   7 =   5 =   5 =  12 =  12 =  13 =   4 =   1 =  11 =  10 =  11 =  20 =  14 ↑  14 ↑
2025/26  Okay ↑        (2.25*) ↑ Continental Pro =        13 =  13 =   6 =   7 =   5 =   5 =  12 =  12 =  13 =   6 ↑   1 =  11 =  10 =  13 ↑  21 ↑  14 =  15 ↑
2026/27  Fairly Good ↑ (2.75*) ↑ Continental Pro =        13 =  13 =   6 =   7 =   5 =   5 =  12 =  12 =  13 =  11 ↑   1 =  11 =  11 ↑  13 =  21 =  16 ↑  16 ↑
2027/28  Fairly Good = (3.00*) ↑ Continental Pro =        13 =  13 =   6 =   7 =   5 =   6 ↑  13 ↑  13 ↑  13 =  11 =   1 =  11 =  11 =  13 =  21 =  16 =  17 ↑

Club Facilities

2026/27    Basic =              Average ↑         Average =                 Adequate =            Exceptional =    Exceptional =      Regional = (1.50*) =
2027/28    Basic =              Average =         Average =                 Adequate =            Exceptional =    Exceptional =      Regional = (2.00*) ↑

Season Record

2026/27      57        33       12       12          96              52                +44
2027/28      57        27       18       12          96              69                +27

Overall Career Record

2026/27         392       207       78      107         691             442               +249             2,520 days
2027/28         449       234       96      119         787             511               +276             2,894 days

Trophy Haul

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Career Overview

2026/27           N/a                N/a               Sky Bet League Two                    2nd ↑     Fourth round ↓              Fourth round      Promoted.  Group stage of leasing.com Trophy.
2027/28           N/a                N/a               Sky Bet League One                    3rd ↑     Second round ↓              First round ↓     Promoted via play offs.  Second round of leasing.com Trophy.

2027/28    Dean Curran YP21C3                      329

2027/28    Anthony Connolly YP23F38             131

2026/27    Nick Ryder YP21D4                      61

Edited by DazRTaylor

Hi @Brent Jolicoeur keep at it - i saw the comment above about the frustration with other people getting consecutive promotions and thought id share a few things i like to do.

1) i find the first transfer window to be the most important and after that you can add better players more easily...i.e. you get on a roll, as you get better players then other players are more like to join. the quality of squad is for me the number 1 in attracting new players.

2) after each season start straight away with signings and only bring in 4 star+ rated or rated in the league above, dont fill out squad for sake of it, aim for a great x1 for start of season as a minimum if you lose some early games but get a better team then so be it. try to keep 1-2k for september/october because there will be players who will become desperate who will join who will be too good for the league.

3) never change tactics to suit opposition or signings.  get players to suit.

4) a good way to filter players is.... Player search, world rep - and then target players with the level above your current players -i.e. if in vanarama N/S target nominal, League 2 decent etc.

Edited by jamespthomas
grammar

Agree, don't be too down on yourself, it usually take me 5-8 seasons to get to league one, I've had a lot of luck go my way and some decent away draws to Prem clubs in the cups to boost my finances. Chin up mate 

End of Season Review

Season 2028/29

FC United of Manchester

League Table - We were in the play off hunt all season long and clinched a play off spot on the final day of the season.

Play Offs - We played Birmingham City in the semi finals and after a narrow 2-1 win at home in the first leg, we traveled away for the return and an Anthony Connolly YP23F38 hat trick secured a 3-3 draw for a 5-4 aggregate win and progression to the final.  In that final, we played Nottingham Forest and despite taking four points off of them during the regular season, it proved a game too far as we lost 3-2 to remain in the Championship for another season.

League Fixtures 1, 2 & 3 - I thought we would be in a relegation fight but it was just the opposite.  We had good results all season.

F. A. Cup - We were very lucky to beat Arsenal in round three and eventually came unstuck at home to Chelsea in the fifth round.

Carabao Cup - We knocked out top flight Sheffield United on the way to a fourth round tie with Tottenham Hotspur, who hammered us 4-1.

Pre Season Friendlies - An unbeaten pre season, though we didn't play any huge clubs.

Squad - We continue to improve and the players continue to play above themselves.

Squad Dynamics - It is a still a massive love fest at FC United of Manchester.

Transfers In - None.

Transfers Out 1 & 2 - No big sale this year, though plenty of youngsters left on loan.  Some did leave permanently too.

Youth Candidates - A pretty good intake with Northern Irish goalkeeper Scott Lavery YP29A129 the standout player.

Finances - Nice and healthy.

Key Players

Anthony Connolly YP23F38 - Another stellar year from the striker, with this year's return being 35 goals in his 54 appearances.  Scored six goals in the three play off games to prove he is a big game player.

Lewis Thomas YP26A81 - The right winger was excellent...when he was available.  He is becoming injury prone, picking up nine injuries this season.

Amadou Kanteh YP24D52 - Central defender or central midfielder who is an automatic selection.  Can also play upfront in an emergency.

Kieran McKay YP24C51 - Scottish central midfielder who has attracted the attention of big clubs.

Joseph O'Connell YP25B66 - Right back who has cemented his place in the starting eleven.

Next Season

Another play off push.

Personal Coaching Data

2023/24  Decent ↑      (2.00*) ↑ Continental Pro ↑        13 =  13 ↑   6 ↑   7 ↑   5 ↑   5 ↑  12 ↑  12 =  13 ↑   4 =   1 =  11 ↑  10 =  11 ↑  20 =  13 ↑  13 ↑
2027/28  Fairly Good = (3.00*) ↑ Continental Pro =        13 =  13 =   6 =   7 =   5 =   6 ↑  13 ↑  13 ↑  13 =  11 =   1 =  11 =  11 =  13 =  21 =  16 =  17 ↑
2028/29  Fairly Good = (3.00*) = Continental Pro =        13 =  13 =   6 =   7 =   5 =   6 =  13 ↑  13 ↑  12 ↓  11 =   1 =  11 =  11 =  12 ↓  20 ↓  17 ↑  16 ↓

Club Facilities

2027/28    Basic =              Average =         Average =                 Adequate =            Exceptional =    Exceptional =      Regional = (2.00*) ↑
2028/29    Below Average ↑      Good ↑            Excellent ↑↑              Adequate =            Exceptional =    Exceptional =      Regional = (2.00*) =

Season Record

2027/28      57        27       18       12          96              69                +27
2028/29      56        29       13       14         106              71                +35

Overall Career Record

2027/28         449       234       96      119         787             511               +276             2,894 days
2028/29         505       263      109      133         893             582               +311             3,253 days

Trophy Haul

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Career Overview

2027/28           N/a                N/a               Sky Bet League One                    3rd ↑     Second round ↓              First round ↓     Promoted via play offs.  Second round of leasing.com Trophy.
2028/29           N/a                N/a               Sky Bet Championship                  5th ↑     Fifth round ↑               Fourth round ↑    Lost in play off final.

2028/29    Ronnie Browning YP22G23                 375

2028/29    Anthony Connolly YP23F38             166

2027/28    Nick Ryder YP21D4                      61
2028/29    Nick Ryder YP21D4                      62

3aatxvF.png

SEASON REVIEW: 2028/29
Squad 1 2 : League Table : Finances : Transfers : League Fixtures 1 2 : FA Cup Fixtures : FA Trophy Fixtures

Media Prediction (start of season): 3rd
Board Expectations: Top half finish (required); FA Cup 2nd round (required); FA Trophy 4th round (preferred)

Transfers

As I feared, Harrison Blackmore's release clause of $300k for not getting promoted last year was jumped on by a number of Championship teams. He ultimately signed with Nottingham Forest. Soon after he left concerns were raised by a number of players about the depth of the squad, particularly the attackers. I assured the squad that I would be looking to upgrade during the transfer window. Ibrahim Mansary was signed on July 11, and he would prove to be the lynchnpin to our team this season. A number of incentives were built into his contract, and he proved to be worth every last penny. Three players were brought in on loan early in the season to provide some needed depth and injury coverage, particularly along the defensive line. The January window saw a lot of interest in Richard Reaney and Ray Guy by League One squads. Guy was sold for $44k with a loan back clause and 35% of next sale fee. Reaney fetched a price of $100k with a loan back clause and 30% of next sale fee. Knowing I could keep these players in our squad without having to pay any salary made it much easier for me to sell them. The sales of these players are what made it possible for us to make a small profit this season. Freddy Berry was bought for $2k from FC United of Manchester in February to be the replacement for our 32-year old keeper who has served us so well for these last five years in the Vanarama National League.

Season Recap

Just when I thought I was out . . .

972230354_JustwhenIthoughtIwasouttheusersub...-Imgur.gif.110d9d5456ca1cf04bb847c8abba658b.gif

As I said in my last post, I was fully ready to give this save up if things did not turn around. Thankfully, this season was a lot of fun. We rolled through the first half of the season and were in the top three places pretty much the entire time. Ibrahim Mansary proved to be an exceptional signing for us and was scoring at a great pace. We only conceded three total goals in the league from mid-September through the end of December. As the new year rolled around we were in 1st place with 54 points, 2 points ahead of second and 14 points ahead of 8th place. 

Waterlogged field conditions and another FA Trophy run saw fixture congestion start to become a problem, and a lot of the younger guys I was relying on were needing rest that I couldn't always give them. We made it through February pretty much still intact, but tired. We were in first place with 71 points, 3 clear of second place and 16 clear of 8th. We looked to be a solid bet for the playoffs, but I wanted us to win outright without needing to play the extra matches. We were also in the Semi-Finals of the FA Trophy and the calendar was not looking kind to us. 

We went 1-3-3 in the month of March including the 2 FA Trophy matches and only managed 5 points on the month, falling to 5th place in the table. We were four points out of first, but we had a game in hand on the teams above us. Unfortunately after getting knocked out of the FA Trophy on March 31, we had three matches in the first week of April. The first two of those were against weaker teams at home and with a win and a draw we found ourselves in a very congested battle for the championship and automatic promotion. With three matches remaining the top five teams were separated by only three points! 

Our next match saw us away against Maidstone. Brad Shrouder put us ahead in the 2nd minute, and our very tired squad fought bravely to defend the lead. Maidstone looked to equalize in the 71st minute, but it was ruled offside and we went on to win. The victory put us tied at the top of the table with AFC Telford but in second position due to goal differential. With two matches remaining there were still 4 teams in contention at the top of the table, separated now by only 2 points. 

Our final home match of the season was against Maidenhead. We gave up an own goal from an awful clearance by our central defender in the 2nd minute of the match. This was definitely not the start we were looking for. Ibrahim Mansary once again put the squad on his back and equalized just before halftime. A second goal from Mansary at the start of the second half put us up 2-1 and the battle was back on. The equalizer was once again disallowed due to offside, this time in the 88th minute, and the victory was ours. AFC Telford won their match as well, so we were stil in 2nd place on goal differential.

Our final match of the regular season saw us away against Stevenage who was only 2 points behind in 3rd place. AFC Telford would be at home against 18th place Wycombe. The odds of us winning the championship on the road did not look good, especially so because of AFC Telford's superior goal differential. The boys vowed to give it their all and let the chips fall where they may, so off we were to do our part to claim destiny. We planned to control possession as much as possible and try to find an opening for victory where we could. As the game progressed, I could not believe my eyes. Wycombe, with nothing to play for was beating our arch rival AFC Telford on the road? We went into the locker room 0-0 at halftime while Wycombe was winning 2-0. Would a draw be enough to crown us champions? With 22 shutouts on the season, I knew that our defense was capable of holding out, but Stevenage could be crowned champions with a victory as well, so I knew they would be playing for the win. Wycombe managed a third goal early in the second half, so AFC Telford's goose looked to be cooked. If we could manage a result of any kind the championship looked to be ours. The tension was high, but neither defense gave an inch. We managed to hold on for our 7th 0-0 draw of the season. The championship was ours!!!

Cup Competitions

For some reason the board increased their expectations to the Second Round for the FA Cup this year. We finally drew as the home team for the 4th Qualifying Round against recently relegated King's Lynn. An uninspiring 1-1 draw saw us head to their place for a replay, but we were victorious this time, 2-0. The first round saw us once again as the away team, this time to League One (!!) Swansea. The boys played hard, but an early penalty threw us off our rhythm, and we lost 2-0. 

The FA Trophy draws were very kind to us this year. We were the home team for each of the first three rounds, and faced a team in a lower tier for each of the first four rounds. We advanced to the semifinals with an aggregate score of 13-1 over the first four rounds. The semifinals pitted us against Burton, with us away for the first leg. Ibrahim Mansary scored in the 4th minute, and it looked like we would continue to fly through the competition, but we never got anything else going and ended up losing the first leg 2-1. For the home second leg we came out very flat and fell behind 2-0 half an hour into the match. After a very aggressive halftime speech, the boys came out firing and we scored 3 second half goals to force extra time on aggregate. Even though we continued to pound the goal, we could not get another one through. Burton scored in the 111th minute to advance to the final which they won on penalties against Aldershot. We have lost to the eventual champion of the FA Trophy in 5 of my 8 seasons with Hednesford. Alas, we will no longer be the lucky talisman anymore as we will no longer compete in the FA Trophy in the future.

Finances

We turned a profit of $116,229 this season based upon player sales and a modest run in the FA Trophy. Our season ticket sales increased from 411 to 449 this year. Our average attendance improved by about 25% this year to 1045 which was only 22nd in the league. The team enjoyed much better home support this season as they had a solid campaign and run near the top for the majority of the year. Our sponsorship income is still woefully inadequate. It increased from $11.5k to $13.66k this season with a new two year kit sponsorship. The average sponsorship amount for Vanarama National teams this season was $140k, with the higest being $475k. I twice turned down contract extension offers during the season for less money than what I was currently making. I wasn't interested in locking in for less money, particularly with the possibility of us getting promoted. Mid-March the board approached again to see if I would be interested in extending, and I suggested putting the money into improving the club elsewhere just to see where it would lead. The board agreed to their first ever improvement, albeit only to an increase in the junior coaching budget. Once we achieved promotion, I signed a new contract for a modest $20k raise. The board has agreed to become professional, so I will be getting used to full-time contracts instead of part-time. Getting promoted to League Two requires a stadium renovation to increase seated capacity to a minimum of 2000. The board took out another loan of $160k to pay for the renovations.

Youth Intake

There was nothing really to speak of in our youth intake this season. Hopefully with an increase to the coaching budget we will start to see some improvement.

Player Stat Leaders

Top Goalscorer: Ibrahim Mansary (39)
Highest Average Rating: Ibrahim Mansary (7.37)
Most Assists: Brad Shrouder (8)

Awards

• Brent Jolicoeur
    • Vanarama National Head Coach of the Month (December)
    • Vanarama National Head Coach of the Season
  • Lewis Cadwallader
    • Vanarama National Goal of the Month (March),
  • Ibrahim Mansary
    • Vanarama National Player of the Month (September, December, February)
    • Vanarama National Young Player of the Month (December, February)
    • Vanarama National League Player of the Season
    • Vanarama National Top Goalscorer of the Season
    • FA Trophy Record for Goals Scored (8)

Goals for Next Season

The board expectations are for us to avoid a relegation battle next year and secure a top-half finish within three years. I obviously have higher aims than that. There has been a lot of talk since April about interest in Mansary. He signed a new contract after the season that will hopefully keep him here for the next few seasons. I don't really understand how the player value system works in this game. Mansary is an absolute stud, he's on an $84k contract for the next three seasons, yet he only shows a value of $43k?? He does have a release clause of $625k, so if teams want him they will have to pony up. I have signed 7 youngsters on Free Transfers who didn't make the cut with their Premier League teams with the hopes of generating value to possibly sell in the January window (or help improve our squad). Ray Guy and Richard Reaney will be extending their (free) loan contracts with us for another season. Jimmy O'Donnell was not offered a new deal by Reading, so he will be joining us on a free once his contract runs out. I would like to sign a couple of central defenders, but other than that I don't plan to be too active in the first transfer window for League Two. My payroll budget for the coming season is $832k, which wouldn't even be in the top half of the league for Vanarama National. I have no idea what it will look like next season. I hope to be in League Two for no longer than three seasons, preferably less.

Career Overview

2022/23										3rd		Lost in Playoff Final; FA Cup 1st Round; FA Trophy 3Q Round
2023/24										1st		Promoted as Champion; FA Cup 4Q Round; FA Trophy 2nd Round
2028/29										1st		Promoted as Champion; FA Cup 1st Round; FA Trophy Semi-final

Season Record

2028/29		55	31	13	11	87		34		+53			Head Coach of the Month (1x), Head Coach of the Season

Totals:		469	205	108	156	619		506		+113

Personal Coaching Data

2028/29		Okay (2.25*)									      14	9    12   10   	    20

End of Season Review

Season 2029/30

FC United of Manchester

League Table - We were never really in the hunt for a play off place, so to finish

League Fixtures 1, 2 & 3 - Too many dropped points and poor performances meant a season of mid table obscurity.

F. A. Cup - A tough loss at home to top flight Watford in round four made sure there was no cup run this year.

Carabao Cup - We got through two rounds before coming unstuck at home to Premier League side Aston Villa in round three.

Pre Season Friendlies - A good pre season with only two defeats, both to Premier League opponents.

Squad - The improvements continue and keeping hold of everyone will be key.

Squad Dynamics - The love in continues.

Transfers In - None.

Transfers Out 1 & 2 - Thankfully, no big sales again this year, though plenty left on loan with a few departing permanently on free transfers.

Youth Candidates - A solid, if unspectacular group, with Ibrahim Bah YP30A145 looking the best of them.

Finances - The £4.82 million we receive for being the Championship have put us back into the black.

Key Players

Anthony Connolly YP23F38 - The man is a machine.  I have no idea where we would be without him.  36 goals this season in his 43 appearances.  Has now scored 202 goals for the club in total.

Lewis Thomas YP26A81 - A much better season from the winger, who had fewer injuries and contributed more.

Adam Chapman YP22D20 - Had his best season to date and has come on tremendously this season.

Kieran McKay YP24C51 - A fine season from the central midfielder.

Joseph O'Connell YP25B66 - An automatic selection at right back, he links up so well with Lewis Thomas YP26A81.

Next Season

The aim must be to get into the play offs again.

Personal Coaching Data

2023/24  Decent ↑      (2.00*) ↑ Continental Pro ↑        13 =  13 ↑   6 ↑   7 ↑   5 ↑   5 ↑  12 ↑  12 =  13 ↑   4 =   1 =  11 ↑  10 =  11 ↑  20 =  13 ↑  13 ↑
2028/29  Fairly Good = (3.00*) = Continental Pro =        13 =  13 =   6 =   7 =   5 =   6 =  13 =  13 =  12 ↓  11 =   1 =  11 =  11 =  12 ↓  20 ↓  17 ↑  16 ↓
2029/30  Fairly Good = (3.00*) = Continental Pro =        13 =  13 =   6 =   7 =   5 =   6 =  13 =  13 =  13 ↑  11 =   1 =  11 =  11 =  12 =  20 =  18 ↑  18 ↑

Club Facilities

2028/29    Below Average ↑      Good ↑            Excellent ↑↑              Adequate =            Exceptional =    Exceptional =      Regional = (2.00*) =
2029/30    Adequate ↑           Great ↑           Excellent =               Adequate =            Exceptional =    Exceptional =      National ↑ (2.50*) ↑

Season Record

2028/29      56        29       13       14         106              71                +35
2029/30      51        23        8       20          90              69                +21

Overall Career Record

2028/29         505       263      109      133         893             582               +311             3,253 days
2029/30         556       286      117      153         983             651               +332             3,624 days

Trophy Haul

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Career Overview

2028/29           N/a                N/a               Sky Bet Championship                  5th ↑     Fifth round ↑               Fourth round ↑    Lost in play off final.
2029/30           N/a                N/a               Sky Bet Championship                  8th ↓     Fourth round ↓              Third round ↓     Mid table mediocrity.

2029/30    Ronnie Browning YP22G23                 420

2029/30    Anthony Connolly YP23F38             202

2029/30    Nick Ryder YP21D4                      63
           Özer Demir YP22C19                     63

End of Season Review

Season 2022/23

Season 3 Summary - 1st League Two, Leasing.com Trophy Winners

Another great season, developed a really great squad building on from last year. Kaziah Sterling really pushed on up front winning League Two top goalscorer. played some great football en route to a (game record total in league two) Managed another good FA cup run beating Burnley at home and won the Leasing Cup beating several league one teams along the way. 

nCjMTuf.pngH3P2V16.pngkZyp317.png

Transfers, Best 11

Bolstered the squad with some great youth players on frees - Greenwood and Lgharbi were great signings for the wing positions. Ntenda and Hudell joined as attacking full backs. Harvey White was a great pick up in midfield and hopefully can stay with us as we move up the leagues. Daniel Adshead joined on loan in CM/DM from norwich and would have loved to have signed him in the summer but hes gone to the MLS. struggled to get a good CB partner for Ogbeta so brought in a couple loans. Bazunu the irish wonderkid joined on loan in goal.. Finally Marcelo joined in January for the last 6 months of his career which was funny. I changed tactics a few months into my season to maximise Ronan Darcy my captain and standout player from last season in his best position AM.

D83ucPe.pngxJBPTc7.pngkZyp317.png

Key Players

Daniel Adshead beat out Harvey White as my best signing. Kaziah Sterling did the business up front and Sam Greenwood was sensational. 

m5rbogk.pngdhO8dSO.pngZjnQd3G.png

Aims for next season

to continue building the squad and hopefully continue the promotion run. need a good GK,CB, CM and RB to replace loans...mwould like to update facilities.

2039/2040: Whitby Town

Year League Position Cups Training Youth Junior Recruitment Attendance (Cap) Badges Transfers (In-Out) Top Scorer Most Assists Av. Rating Clean Sheets May balance Total wages
2039/2040 Premier League 8th FAC: 3rd round, Carabao: 4th round Superb Superb Exceptional Good 22118 (22245) Cont. Pro (£42m) 8-10 Steve Crouzet - 12 Steve Crouzet - 12 Steve Crouzet - 7.15 (38) Jamie Phillips - 13 £60.82m £750k p/w

I went into the season with a new plan in the transfer market. Last year was about using our money to build an entire team of players who could survive the drop. With that accomplished, this year's plan was to go out and get superstar players, whatever the cost. The first of these was Dale Pugh, who had just won EFL Young Player of the Year at Swansea. Three days later, we brought in Steve Crouzet, who ended up leading our team in goals, assists, and average rating. Now that we were playing with wide players, I needed a backup as well. This brought us Serge Chassaing, who was meant to be a rotation option between our 3 front guys, Crouzet, Pugh, and De Rubertis. De Rubertis lost all scoring touch and was quickly relegated to the bench and then sold to Monaco in the winter, moving Serge into a starting role. We made one other summer splash, signing Jamie Phillips on the expiry of his contract with United. We had just spent 7.5m on our goalkeeper of the future last year, but my scouts said Phillips was already better with an even higher ceiling. I didn't really see it, I thought he was comparable but made the signing since we had room in the wage budget. An injury to our other keeper in the offseason forced my hand, and it turns out my scouts were correct. Phillips was in the running for best goalkeeper in the Premier League and has been called up as a substitute for the England squad at this summer's Euros. This meant a loan for Leo Stephens in the winter to get him game time, and a cheap backup was acquired in Ahmed Mansour. The only other major transfer for us was on deadline day, as we were still hovering just outside the European places, so the funds for De Rubertis and Connolly were reinvested in Brazilian CB Omar. He did well in his first half season.

All of this was not quite enough to get us into Europe; even a win over City between legs of the Champions League semifinals didn't allow us to catch them, and they ended up winning the CL and qualifying for next season anyway. Teambuilding for the future will remain largely unchanged, we have a very good and pretty young core so I will go after players I think can be Premier League stars at whatever cost is necessary. Our transfer budget for next year is 40m, I may just spend it all on one player if I find one that is good enough.

League Table - 

Squad Stats -

Transfers -

Spoiler

Year League Position Cups Training Youth Junior Recruitment Attendance (Cap) Badges Transfers (In-Out) Top Scorer Most Assists Av. Rating Clean Sheets May balance Total wages
2038/2039 Premier League 15th FAC: 3rd round, Carabao: 3rd round Excellent Excellent Exceptional Adequate 14830 (14830) Cont. Pro (£26.2m) 12-8 Lorenzo de Rubertis - 18 Kevin Alexander / Tiarnán Livingstone - 6 Lorenzo de Rubertis - 7.14 (35) Jake Brennan - 3 £44.39m £466k p/w
2037/2038 Championship 1st FAC: 3rd round, Carabao: 2nd round Great Great Exceptional Average 14091 (14830) Cont. Pro (+£15.5m) 8-9 Jordan Chambers - 30 Brian Cross - 14 Michael Schuetz - 7.45 (35) Rakish Kane - 19 (£5.64m) £223k p/w
2036/2037 Championship 3rd FAC: 4th round, Carabao: 2nd round Good Good Exceptional Average 14518 (14830) Cont. Pro (+£6.75m) 4-6 Jordan Chambers - 21 Brian Cross - 15 Brian Cross - 7.34 (44) Rakish Kane - 21 £2.83m £196k p/w
2035/2036 Championship 5th FAC: 3rd round, Carabao: 2nd round Good Average Exceptional Fairly Basic 13395 (14830) Cont. Pro (+£2.4m) 8-5 Jordan Chambers - 24 Cameron Robinson - 11 Kevin Alexander - 7.26 (45) Rakish Kane - 15 £4.97m £143k p/w
2034/2035 Championship 13th FAC: 3rd round, Carabao: 1st round Average Adequate Exceptional Fairly Basic 12214 (14830) Cont. Pro (+£215k) 8-4 Jordan Chambers - 21 Vassi - 11 Vassi - 7.25 (32) Rakish Kane - 13 £743k £135k p/w
2033/2034 Championship 18th FAC: 3rd round, Carabao: 1st round Average Adequate Excellent Fairly Basic 5500 (5500) Cont. Pro (+£275k) 4-3 Aaron Parkes - 12 Agustín Urzi - 8 Aaron Parkes - 7.09 (32) Rakish Kane - 8 £3.41m £124k p/w
2032/2033 Championship 7th FAC: 3rd round, Carabao: 1st round Average Adequate Adequate Fairly Basic 5500 (5500) Cont. Pro (£325k) 16-0 Jordan Chambers - 16 Aaron Parkes - 13 Tom Green - 7.18 (38) Rakish Kane - 10 £2.99m £110k p/w
2031/2032 League One 1st FAC: 1st round, Carabao: 1st round Adequate Below Average Adequate Fairly Basic 4376 (5500) Cont. Pro (£220k) 8-1 Gareth Durham - 43 Bob Thomas - 20 Gareth Durham - 7.62 (45) Rakish Kane - 17 £1.63m £56.5k p/w
2030/2031 League One 3rd FAC: 1st round, Carabao: 1st round Below Average Basic Average Fairly Basic 4763 (5500) Cont. A (+£10m) 16-3 Gareth Durham - 26 Bob Thomas - 19 Bob Thomas - 7.25 (49) Tony O'Flaherty - 11 £5.9m £38.7k p/w
2029/2030 League Two 1st FAC: 1st round, Carabao: 1st round Below Average Basic Fairly Basic Basic 2582 (5500) Cont. B (+£275k) 13-2 Shemol Millington - 17 Bob Thomas - 16 Bob Thomas - 7.43 (46) Tony O'Flaherty - 28 £256k £23.6k p/w
2028/2029 VN National 1st FAC: 2nd round, FAT: 2nd round Below Average Basic Fairly Basic Basic 1297 (4000) Nat. A (+£11.5k) 10-3 Ray Malloy - 40 Bob Thomas - 19 Ray Malloy - 7.59 (48) Brian Isherwood - 15 £302k £15k p/w
2027/2028 VN National 9th FAC: 3rd round, FAT: 2nd round Basic Poor Adequate Average 1309 (4000) Nat. A (+£1.6m) 10-4 Ray Malloy - 25 Bob Thomas - 13 Ray Malloy - 7.16 (51) Anthony Patterson - 10 £1.6m £10k p/w
2026/2027 VN National 9th FAC: 4th qual., FAT: 2nd round Basic Poor Adequate Average 1221 (4000) Nat. C (£0) 6-4 Connor Bell - 23 Connor Bell - 12 Connor Bell - 7.27 (47) Anthony Patterson - 14 £15k £5.9k p/w
2025/2026 VN North 1st FAC: 1st round, FAT: 3rd round Basic Poor Adequate Average 576 (3180) Nat. C (+£8k) 11-4 Joe Ridley - 32 Joe Ridley - 18 Bob Thomas - 7.59 (50) Jonny Orritt - 25 (£583k) £4.9k p/w
2024/2025 VN North 5th FAC: 4th qual., FAT: 2nd round Basic Poor Adequate Average 640 (3180) Nat. C (+£150k) 10-2 Cole Kiernan - 29 Connor Bell - 20 Alfie Payne - 7.52 (32) Dave Richards - 12 (£541k) £5.4k p/w
2023/2024 VN North 5th FAC: 2nd qual., FAT: 1st round Basic Poor Adequate Average 565 (3180) Nat. C (+£12k) 14-10 Mitchell George - 31 Dion McGhee - 11 Mitchell George - 7.45 (51) Marcel Wusiewicz - 16 (£443k) £7.4k p/w
2022/2023 VN North 5th FAC: 3rd round, FAT: 1st round Basic Poor Adequate Average 798 (3180) None (£0) 18-6 Mitchell George - 40 Jake Cain - 16 Mitchell George - 7.35 (55) Jacob Carney - 17 (£37k) £6.3k p/w
2021/2022 VN North 8th FAC: 3rd qual., FAT: 3rd qual. Basic Poor Adequate Average 644 (3180) None (£0) 10-1 Mitchell George - 27 Mohammed Sangaré - 11 Mitchell George - 7.33 (46) Jacob Carney - 11 (£174k) £5.9k p/w
2020/2021 VN North 10th FAC: 3rd qual., FAT: 1st round Basic Poor Adequate Average 633 (3180) None (£0) 9-2 Connor Bell - 10 Jordan Barnett -11 Dale Hopson - 7.02 (49) Jacob Carney - 19 (£98.71k) £6.2k p/w

SAFC.thumb.png.5f52d9e174ec8e422262830181f6cfe5.png

Season 5- 2023-24 Review

A decent year for our first in League One. Finished 1 point from the play offs but had to cut some players about 2/3rds into the season due to our financials. I was under the wage budget but due to needing higher paid players to compete in league one. We have had 98% full stadium but it's just not enough to sustain our squad at this point. doesn't help that we aren't getting enough sponsorship in either.

Final league table-    1154015307_LeagueTable23-24.thumb.png.a391782b5d996a5bed7a6421b221d399.png

So now comes transfers, brought in a few players in different positions that worked well. We also changed to a 5-3-2 WB formation that has really worked well so i think i will build my squads around this in the future.

955079255_Transfers23-24.thumb.png.1d4ad547938e26fb44fabf78a0c08138.png

All in all a good season. I'm hoping to at least get a mid-table finish next season and maybe even a play-off push with the right signings and no injuries.

Year Division Final Position Trophies Personal Awards
2020-21 Vanarama National League North 1st (Champions) National League North Winners Manager Of The Year
2021-22 Vanarama National League 1st (Champions) National League Winners, FA Trophy Manager Of The Year
2022-23 League Two 4TH Play Off Champions Manager Of The Year
2023-24 League One 7th N/A N/A

End of Season Review

Season 2029/30

FC United of Manchester

League Table - We were in the top two, mainly top, for virtually the entire season and were eleven points clear of third at one point, but to no avail.  We dropped to third and the play offs.

Play Offs - Playing Newcastle in the semi finals, a 2-2 in the north east set up a winner takes all second leg, which we won in a very tight game, 2-1 for a 4-3 aggregate victory.  In the final, we met Cardiff City, a side we beat twice in the regular season.  A goalless first half made for a very tense second half.  Another forty five minutes of nerves followed until a game winning goal in injury time, the 93rd minute to be exact, by Anthony Connolly YP23F38, who else?, secured a famous promotion for FC United of Manchester.

League Fixtures 1, 2 & 3 - From February onwards, we dropped too many points and the amount of losses against teams in the bottom half was ridiculous.

F. A. Cup - We made it through to the fifth round before being outclassed by Liverpool, who soundly beat us 3-1 on our own patch.

Carabao Cup - Narrowly losing away to top flight Brighton in the third round ended our interest in this cup for another season.

Pre Season Friendlies - Just the one defeat, to Everton, though the 5-0 hammering of West Ham and narrow win over Chelsea were pleasing.

Squad - The improvements continue, albeit slowly.

Squad Dynamics - Excellent, as you would expect.

Transfers In - None.

Transfers Out 1 & 2 - Several youngsters were sold, those I don't think will make it at this level, together with a teenage goalkeeper for £500,000 who is a good prospect.  We have quite a few goalkeepers so I felt we could afford to cash in.

Youth Candidates - No "Golden Generation" as promised, though Craig Fitzsimons YP31A161 looks like he could develop into a gem.

Finances - We are very much in the red, though this will not last, now that the Premier League TV money will come rolling in.

Key Players

Anthony Connolly YP23F38 - Not as prolific as last season, though 24 goals in 50 appearances is still an excellent return by most peoples standards.

Lewis Thomas YP26A81 - The right winger is one of the best players in the Championship.

Ryan Jackson YP23E37 - The best season yet from the centre back or holding midfielder.

Kieran McKay YP24C51 - Central midfielder who can also play upfront, he became a full Scottish international this season.

Joseph O'Connell YP25B66 - The right back had a terrific season.

Next Season

Survive.  Somehow.

Personal Coaching Data

2028/29  Fairly Good = (3.00*) = Continental Pro =        13 =  13 =   6 =   7 =   5 =   6 =  13 =  13 =  12 ↓  11 =   1 =  11 =  11 =  12 ↓  20 ↓  17 ↑  16 ↓
2029/30  Fairly Good = (3.00*) = Continental Pro =        13 =  13 =   6 =   7 =   5 =   6 =  13 =  13 =  13 ↑  11 =   1 =  11 =  11 =  12 =  20 =  18 ↑  18 ↑
2030/31  Good ↑        (3.25*) ↑ Continental Pro =        13 =  13 =   6 =   8 ↑   6 ↑   6 =  13 =  14 ↑  13 =  12 ↑   1 =  11 =  11 =  12 =  20 =  18 =  19 ↑

Club Facilities

2029/30    Adequate ↑           Great ↑           Excellent =               Adequate =            Exceptional =    Exceptional =      National ↑ (2.50*) ↑
2030/31    Adequate =           Excellent ↑       Excellent =               Adequate =            Exceptional =    Exceptional =      National = (3.00*) ↑

Season Record

2029/30      51        23        8       20          90              69                +21
2030/31      56        31       10       15          93              63                +30

Overall Career Record

2029/30         556       286      117      153         983             651               +332             3,624 days
2030/31         612       317      127      168       1,076             714               +362             3,989 days

Trophy Haul

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Career Overview

2029/30           N/a                N/a               Sky Bet Championship                  8th ↓     Fourth round ↓              Third round ↓     Mid table mediocrity.
2030/31           N/a                N/a               Sky Bet Championship                  3rd ↑     Fifth round ↑               Third round =     Promoted via play offs.

2029/30    Ronnie Browning YP22G23                 420
2030/31    Ronnie Browning YP22G23                 473

2029/30    Anthony Connolly YP23F38             202
2030/31    Anthony Connolly YP23F38             226

2029/30    Nick Ryder YP21D4                      63
           Özer Demir YP22C19                     63
2030/31    Özer Demir YP22C19                     69

Edited by DazRTaylor

3aatxvF.png

SEASON REVIEW: 2029/30
Squad : League Table : Finances : Transfers : League Fixtures 1 2 : FA Cup Fixtures : Carabao Cup Fixtures : Leasing.Com Trophy Fixtures

Media Prediction (start of season): 11th
Board Expectations: Mid-table finish (required); FA Cup 2nd round (required); Carabao Cup be competitive (preferred); Leasing.com Trophy Be competitive (preferred)

Transfers

We brought in 7 youngsters who didn't make it at the Premier League to try to bolster depth and possibly generate income for us. A couple of them were given promises to "Use the club as a stepping stone" in order to entice them to sign. Stuart Budge and Owen McDonald both turned into key players for us this season. After not securing a new deal with Reading, Jimmy O'Donnell came back to sign with us yet again. The January window saw us sell unhappy Stephane Jacquot for close to $200k, but I forgot that Mamadou Soumah had been brought in a non-contract before we turned professional. By the time I realized it, it was too late and he joined the Hull U23s, leaving us lacking any depth at all in the midfield. Connor Hodgkinson, M(C), and Lloyd Starky, D(C), were brought in on loan to provide cover and depth in the January window. We bought Ray Guy back from Walsall at the close of the January window before he was snapped up by another club when his contract ran out.

Season Recap

By the time we came back for preseason, the board had increased their expectations for the year to a mid-table finish, which was closer in line to what I was hoping for. I really wasn't sure how the squad would compare to the new level of competition in League Two. I knew we had a dynamite striker in Ibrahim Mansary, but I was fearful that he was going to get snapped up by a bigger club. Every time I was asked about it in the press, I fiercely responded for other teams to stay away. Thankfully, no offer came in for him, and we were off to the races.

I expected us to be OK in League Two this year, but what happened was definitely beyond my wildest dreams. This might just be the prettiest graph I think I've ever seen!

OnNNzko.png

We played really well all season long and pretty much rode the top of the table the whole season. We clinched a playoff berth with 6 matches left, secured promotion with 2 matches left, and clinched the title in all but the formality with one match to go (3-pt lead with a goal differential lead of 8). Our final match of the season was at home, so we got to celebrate the championship with our largest home crowd of the season this time around.

Cup Competitions

• Carabao Cup: We drew Sunderland at home in the first round to start things out in our first new Cup competition. We played very well, taking a 3-2 lead in the 76th minute. They equalized soon after, and we looked to be headed to extra time. Unfortunately the scored in the 5th minute of stoppage time and knocked us out of the competition 4-3.
  • Leasing.Com Trophy: We lost our first match at home to Gillingham, but beat Barnet on the road in our second match. Our third match of the group stage was at home against Arsenal's U23s. A draw would have been enough to put us through to the knock out rounds, but they scored early, and we never could find the back of the net to equalize.
  • FA Cup: We finally made our first FA Cup mini-run this season to get a little boost to the bank. Each of the first two rounds saw us draw at home against VNS/VNN opponents. We had to win the 2nd round in a replay, but we made it to the third round and a home date with Premier League Southampton. The allure of playing against a big-time opponent brought with it our first ever sellout (although our stadium capacity increased by 1000 this year after the renovations to add seats??). We fought hard, but were clearly over-matched and lost 3-0.

Finances

I'm still trying to figure out the finances side of this thing. I knew moving to professional status and the jump to League Two would be a big change. My payroll budget for the year only increased about $270k to ~$870k. Our sponsorship income for the year increased to $17.25k after a new 2 year sponsorship with a local company was announced for a whopping $3.6k per year. We are still far and away the lowest reputation team in League Two and the lowest amount of sponsorship money. The top sponsorship figure in the league was $975k, so our ~2% of that is not very significant. We were far and away the smallest payroll in League Two this season, the only team less than $1M for the year. The median payroll in the league was $1.94M

We turned a profit of $380,212 for the year on the strength of the $446k we received in TV Rights and $625k in solidarity payments as part of League Two this year. We also had player sales totaling $240k. I really don't understand how we didn't turn a bigger profit this year based upon the spike in attendance. Our season ticket numbers increased from 449 to 1026. Our average attendance for the season soared to 2314, which was still only 20th in the league, but a huge increase for us. The median attendance for the league was around 4,000. 

The thing that really confuses me about that is the gate receipts income. I know that season ticket income is received at the start of the season. If you subtract the number of season ticket holders from the average attendance, you should get the number of people buying tickets which is what should make up the gate receipts income line I would think? I've been tracking the attendance numbers for the last few season to try to get a better handle on how things are working. When measured that way, our attendance (minus season tickets) increased by 109% this season, but our gate receipts only increased by 51.3% this season. Something doesn't seem right there.

Ultimately, I want to get our balance into the black so we can start the desperately needed upgrades to facilities if we are going to hope to continue to compete at the next level. The board did agree to another increase to our junior coaching budget for the coming year to hopefully increase the level of ability of our youth intake.

Youth Intake

Once again, this was not a great crop of youth prospects. Only 4 of them rated at least 2.5* of PA. The top-rated prospect was Robert Baird_30A. I keep waiting for this supposed "Golden Generation" that I keep hearing about people having. It's finally time to let my top two youth prospects from my first year at Hednesford go. Valdi Naslund_22A has been with me since the first year and has served the club well. He averaged 32 appearances the 3 years previous, but only made 10 appearances for us this year in League Two. He was also my first player to get internationally capped out of the club. He does not look to be able to play in League One however, and is understandably not willing to sign a contract at the price it would take for me to keep him around. I need to stop carrying him for sentimentality's sake.

Player Stat Leaders

• Top Goalscorer: Ibrahim Mansaray (28)
  • Highest Average Rating: Ibrahim Mansaray (7.14)
  • Most Assists: Owen McDonald (14)

Awards

• Sky Bet League Two Head Coach of the Month: September
  • Ibrahim Mansary
    • Sky Bet League Two Young Player of the Month: February
    • Sky Bet League Two Top Goalscorer
  • Sky Bet League Two Team of the Year: Ibrahim Mansary, Aaron Henry, Freddy Berry, Colin Howell, Owen McDonald

Goals for Next Season

The board expectations for next year are to "fight bravely against relegation." We have been given a payroll budget of $2.04M for the coming year, a huge increase of about 133% from the previous season. 

Ibrahim Mansaray thankfully signed a new contract after the season and increased his release clause to $825k, so that will hopefully be enough to keep him around. I firmly expect to lose Stuart Budge. There are number of Championship teams ready to pounce on his paltry $350k release clause for clubs in a higher division. Hopefully I can get him on a loan back if and when he gets sold. 

My main goals are as follows:

1. Turn a profit and get into the black on the balance sheet. This will probably be a challenge with a massive increase to the payroll, but I don't know what the TV revenue and solidarity payments will look like so maybe it won't be.
  2. Find a keeper ready for the League One level.
  3. Increase the overall depth of the squad. We really need a 2nd quality striker. Hodgkinson and Starky are joining us on loan again for next season. Richard Reaney will be rejoining the club when his contract runs out July 1. I'm also thinking about adopting a pretty vanilla 4-4-2 system and being tough on defense for the season while we adjust to the new level of competition. I didn't expect to roll through League Two the way you did, but I definitely am expecting a struggle here in League One with the current crop of players I have. With 4 teams facing relegation now instead of 2, we will have our work cut out for us. I hope to be ready to make a promotion push within 3 years or so, but I expect that crop of players to be completely different for us.

On a personal note, I'm getting ready to start grad school next week, so the pace of these seasons is most likely going to slow way down. I hope to get at least one season of League One in before then, but we shall see.

Career Overview

2028/29										1st		Promoted as Champion; FA Cup 1st Round; FA Trophy Semi-final
2029/30					Sky Bet League Two			1st		Promoted as Champion; FA Cup 3rd Round; Carabao Cup 1st Round; Leasing.Com Trophy Group Stage

Season Record

2028/29		55	31	13	11	87		34		+53			Head Coach of the Month (1x), Head Coach of the Season
2029/30		54	30	8	16	89		59		+30			Head Coach of the Month (1x)

Totals:		469	205	108	156	619		506		+113

Personal Coaching Data

2028/29		Okay (2.25*)									      14	9    12   10   	    20
2029/30		Fairly Good (2.75*)								 14		10   13   11   20        20

Need to have a rant about something, and know everyone will appreciate this.

My save just crashed, after the final day of the season. A final day of the season in which we made the playoffs (finishing 6th) after winning the 3 games running into the final fixture. We lost the final game to champions Crystal Palace, and yet made the playoffs because Huddersfield (5th), Nottingham Forest (7th), Brentford (8th) and Stoke (9th) all lost. An absolutely barmy set of results.

But none of it matters. I now need to load up and see where the last save point was, and go from there. Absolutely furious.

9 hours ago, numero uno gunner said:

Need to have a rant about something, and know everyone will appreciate this.

My save just crashed, after the final day of the season. A final day of the season in which we made the playoffs (finishing 6th) after winning the 3 games running into the final fixture. We lost the final game to champions Crystal Palace, and yet made the playoffs because Huddersfield (5th), Nottingham Forest (7th), Brentford (8th) and Stoke (9th) all lost. An absolutely barmy set of results.

But none of it matters. I now need to load up and see where the last save point was, and go from there. Absolutely furious.

I know how you feel i play via Stadia which has had a lot of issues lately with saving. I have to save the files manually myself and have turned off auto saving as it makes the files unload able at times. Here is a thread if anyone is interested or using stadia. https://community.sigames.com/topic/509912-wont-save/

Hopefully you haven't lost much in your save

736682310_NuneatonBoroughFCCrest.gif.59ab78062253617bb119d0766f4c5bf8.gif

Nuneaton Borough FC: 2020/21 Review

As much as I want to I just can't shake this challenge, and hence I am back once again. Hopefully this one will be the one for me, and finally I can string together some success. I've opted to take a pop with Nuneaton Borough this time, who used to play within the Conference National.  Financial difficulties hit and caused relegation, but the reformed club are on the way up. That has culminated with me taking the helm, as the club returned to the Conference North after promotion in game.

424245578_ManagerProfile.thumb.png.cbafa1a2ad4e9f259857c2633e8a2ddd.png

The immediate draw for me was the clubs financial position. There was over £100,000 in the bank upon arrival, and I was presented with a healthy weekly wage budget of £9,000. I managed to bring in twelve new faces to the club, as well as clearing out several of the high earners who were on the books here. Even after all of our transfer activities it meant that we sat a comfortable £1,000 per week underneath the weekly budget which was extremely pleasing. There were some really exciting arrivals for us as well. Former Everton youngster Max Thompson and young ex Liverpool youth player Fidel O'Rourke were probably the most exciting of those. Former Tottenham centre back Malachi Walcott was picked up as well as ex-Reading midfielder Oliver Pendlebury. Of the players here before my arrival, only right back James Clifton and winger Alex Henshall would be regulars within our starting line up. I also made the decision to sign Bouwe Bosma on a free transfer from Coventry City after his successful loan with the club the previous season.

Off of the field I replaced the whole of the backroom staff with my own team. Peter Crouch was the biggest name to join the club, forming our coaching team with former Championship defender Lewis Buxton. Tactically I wanted us to play a sort of defensive 4-5-1 with two attacking wingers and a holding midfielder in front of the back four I wanted us to be hard to break down, and exciting to watch on the counter attack. That style of play will be my long term plan for this football club.

We started the season really well, not suffering defeat until our seventh game of the season. Worried about a potentially dip, we bounced back even better and strung together an impressive ten game unbeaten run. As December hit we sat top of the pile, in a tight battle with FC United of Manchester and Chorley Town. Kidderminster Harriers and York City had both started slowly, but the much fancied sides had started to string form together and climb up the table. December and January saw us hit a mini blip in form as we dropped points and fell from top spot. Unfortunately for us it was during this tough spell that FC United started to put together a good run that saw them race clear at the top.

We picked up our form during the closing stages of the season, and although the title was out of reach the play-off places were never in danger. A 2-0 victory away at Hednesford Town on the final day clinched us 3rd spot, and a bye in the First Round of the play-offs. We played host to Kidderminster Harriers in the semi-final, and put in one of our best performances of the season. A superb strike from Bouwe Bosma gave us an early lead, and a late goal from Jack Byrne clinched us a 2-0 victory and a spot in the final at home to Chorley Town.

Having only drawn and lost to our opposition during the regular season, I was nervous about what the play-off final would play out like. It started well enough, as Alex Henshall stepped up to convert a 4th minute penalty and give us the lead. Six minutes later, the game was level again. A defensive lapse saw us throw away our lead, and set up a pattern for the rest of the first half. We were completely outplayed, but held on to go in 1-1 at the break. Within fifteen minutes of the restart the game was all but done. We came out on fire and goals from Fidel O'Rourke, Alex Henshall and Max Thompson made it 4-1 to us. Promotion was in sight. We went more defensive, and desperately tried to cling on for a spot in the Conference National. Chasing an immediate return Chorley threw everything at us, but despite pulling one back we held on to win 4-2 and gain promotion.

1583173878_Play-offCelebrations.thumb.png.b243316995818d41efe434f7e082c6c5.png

The cup competitions didn't give us much to write home about, although we certainly didn't embarrass ourselves. In the FA Cup we beat Wingate & Finchley 2-0 away from home, to draw Gainsborough Trinity in the Third Qualification Round. We drew 1-1 at home, before crashing out after a 0-2 victory away from home. In the FA Trophy we beat Hemel Hempstead 3-0 away in a superb performance, and then saw off Gainsborough 2-1 at home in the First Round. The Second Round draw gave us Solihull Moors away, and we were unlucky to lose out 0-1. 

A superb first season for us, culminating in our best performance of the season in the play-off final. To gain promotion at the first attempt is phenomenal, and I am excited to start building for next season. It's not going to be easy, and we are going to need to make some significant changes to ensure we don't get relegated straight back down. My first task will be to try and keep hold of our key players. Neither Fidel O'Rourke or Max Thompson will sit down and discuss new contracts, and if they go we will lose a combined 40 league goals. Financially we are in a great position though, the play-off final itself made us about £50,000. We sit with a balance of just over £200,000, and that's a nice position to be in. I'm excited to get stuck in, and I am confident we can avoid the drop straight back next season.

Footer1.thumb.png.87a39da38aa793c9bc0c1574984e0ed7.png

Weston-super-Mare A.F.C. - Wikipedia

Weston-super-Mare

Season 2020-2026

Season summary

Unbelievable.

We actually did something unusual this season, and won a match in the Carabao Cup for the first time, beating Cardiff on penalties after a 3-3 draw. Bearing in mind we beat them in the playoff final last season, they must really hate us. Normal service was resumed in round 2, losing 2-1 away at Oxford. We fared much better in the FA Cup, beating Birmingham 4-1 away before a 2-1 win after a replay and extra time against Barnsley saw us face league leaders Brighton. A 1-0 home win took us into the quarter finals for the first time, where we lost 3-2 at Arsenal in front of the TV cameras. A magnificent run, and absolutely vital for the finances. Pleasingly, we weren't disgraced at the Emirates either.

We started the season in blistering form, only losing twice in the first 17 games, and putting us firmly in the promotion race, completely unexpectedly.  

No wins in the following 4 burst our bubble somewhat, and we continued our streaky nature with 7 unbeaten, taking us into February and March. Two months during which the wheels well and truly fell off. 1 win in 9, complete tonkings by Millwall (4-1) and MK Dons (5-0) meant we were now clinging onto the final playoff place. A 3-0 win against Rotherham gave us a little breathing space, by 2 points from the next 4 matches saw us drop out of the top 6 for the first time all season, and left us in 8th place with 4 games to go. A solid 2-0 win at Bristol City was followed up by a must-win game against fellow playoff hopefuls Huddersfield, which we won 5-3 after they had a man sent off. A 1-0 win at already-relegated Sheffield Wednesday meant our destiny was in our own hands on the final day of the season. However, there were 2 playoff places available, and 5 teams in contention. Now, in a previous post I had a rant about my save crashing, so you may have already figured out that we had a pretty extraordinary season, and I'll get to the tail end of it shortly. Thankfully, it autosaved before the final match, so we were still in with a shout of making the playoffs. We faced champions Crystal Palace, and turned in one of our best performances of the season, beating them 3-1 and securing a playoff spot. Huddersfield actually failed to win, so we ended the season 5th, and would go on to face Brighton in the semi-final.

We had already beaten Brighton twice this season, drawing the third game, so I was fairly confident going into the first leg. 1-0 down after 11 minutes, we were then phenomenal. Jez Blanchfield, our loan star from Wolves, took the game by the scruff of the neck, and smashed in a hat trick, as well as setting up Josh Gray for a fourth and a brilliant lead to take into the second leg. Gray put us in front in the second leg on the stroke of half time, and from there I knew we were final-bound. Brighton came back and scored twice to win on the night, but a 5-3 aggregate win was the least we deserved.

I was praying Huddersfield would beat Sheffield United in the other semi-final, as the Blades were unlucky not to go up automatically and comfortably beat us in the league this season. I got my wish, and we faced the Terriers at Wembley. Flying wide man Josh Gray put us in front early on, and from there it was a game of few chances for either side. They hit the bar from a free-kick, but never hugely threatened from open play, and we saw the game out to win the richest game in football and head to the promised land!

Player-wise, Jez Blanchfield hit 19 goals and justified my deadline day decision to use the rest of my wage budget to bring him in. Fejiri Okenabirhie slotted 13 as our back up striker, with another loanee Josh Gray, back from a second season with us, hitting 8 and 10 assists. Timmy Abraham, pushed out to the right wing for most of his appearances, hit 8 as well, with the vast majority of those coming during the run in. A third loanee (seeing the theme here?) Tommy Boulter at right back was absolutely phenomenal, and won EFL young player of the year. I really want to see if I can bring him in on a permanent deal for next year.

League table

1787493704_SkyBetChampionship_Stages.thumb.png.3a2b135b0496ed78d1f96cdc17b37d69.png

Finances

790300858_Weston-super-Mare_Summary-6.thumb.png.d4c0c22b3fc880b553f31ffd3fd6b887.png

Transfers

995912259_Weston-super-Mare_TransferHistory-8.thumb.png.1a70f0a18fb1ae8d0f0f3893b81d5470.png138032693_Weston-super-Mare_TransferHistory-9.thumb.png.c7dd05a16d8e119e481e62a5ec8d01e1.png1013829233_Weston-super-Mare_TransferHistory-10.thumb.png.2772c68723c9a3d7ec50ef30b3789cfd.png

Other developments

We have sold out almost every fixture this season, and promotion has meant that our 5,750 capacity stadium isn't up to scratch. So, a new, shiny, purpose-built stadium is on the way, and we're playing our maiden season at the top level of English football 2 hours and almost 100 miles away in Bournemouth. The irony of this is that Bournemouth were relegated, and we're taking their place. Football is weird at times.

427684912_Stadiumnews.thumb.png.25f14160f9d8592ab4c4c87ca3bce1db.png

Next steps

Top flight football! I'm giving up on making plans, as we seem to be completely overachieving at every step so far. Assessing progress, we've been rather lucky a few times, but getting into the Football League via the playoffs without scoring a single goal from open play over 3 matches was pretty ridiculous. Since then, we've recruited well at every stage. I've spent a long, long time getting the squad ready each pre-season, and it's paid off. George Dowling aside, I've been pretty ruthless with improving the squad each summer as well, especially up front. Josh Davison was replaced by Victor Sodiende, who in turn was replaced by Timmy Abraham. Abraham was the only one who consistently cut it in the league above, and has actually done well this season in the Championship as well. The other big thing I've done is bring in players to suit my tactic, and I've been consistent with its use throughout the leagues. We've played attractive, possession-based football at every level, and this has helped us I think. Yes, there are times when we get absolutely slaughtered (MK Dons beat us 5-0 this season for example), but on the whole it's worked well. God knows if we can stay up next season though. We spent £3m on wages this year, compared to Fulham who spent just shy of £51m. Our wage budget had increased for the Premier League to £16.7m, but that would only have been the 13th largest budget for the Championship this season, let alone the Premier League. Still, we do love a good battle against the odds!

5103839.png.87076f15dbe5f0f41cd972df9cecfa33.png

Nantwich - Premier League - 2032/33

310149243_NantwichTown_Competitions.thumb.png.7dead37f91dbce6d390f0a25fdd1629f.png

I knew the level would be very high and for us, a team that always got promotions against the odds, it would be an uphill battle all season long. It was very hard, but in the end we did just enough to survive. Although we had some players putting on good performances and averaging interesting numbers, we were very fragile against most teams, and our points came from beating others also fighting to escape relegation.

The cups were not a priority at all, but we still did enough to have decent runs and we fell versus worthy opponents. As long as we are one of the weaker teams I will prioritise maintenance in the Premier League first, and only if the calendar allows, focus on the cups.  

2020/21   Vanarama National League North    13th
2021/22   Vanarama National League North    7th
2022/23   Vanarama National League North    1st         Promoted as champions
2023/24   Vanarama National League          1st         Promoted as champions
2024/25   Sky Bet League Two                8th
2025/26   Sky Bet League Two                7th
2026/27   Sky Bet League Two                1st         Promoted as champions
2027/28   Sky Bet League One                7th         EFL Trophy winners
2028/29   Sky Bet League One                1st         Promoted as champions, EFL Trophy winners
2029/30   Sky Bet Championship              8th
2030/31   Sky Bet Championship              3rd
2031/32   Sky Bet Championship              1st         Promoted as champions
2032/33   Premier League                    16th

End of Season Review

Season 2023/24

Season 4 Summary - 1st League One, Leasing.com Trophy Winners

this is developing into my best ever LLM game.....after 3 straight titles comes a fourth but was a lot more difficult with the step up and having the lowest budget. we led until christmas but then the fixtures mounted up with our small squad we had a horrible  run of games in january where we just could not score and thought may have to settle for playoffs. things came together after some loan signings to bolster the squad. and managed to pip Milwall to the title but drew 12 and lost 6. Another great FA cup run boosted the budget... beating Newcastle at St James Park on route to the quarter finals,

sWnjKap.pngmPj9uz2.pngB7VFumo.png#

Transfers, Best 11

Had some league one standard players in Ogbeta, Sterling, Darcy, Greenwood and Lgharbi to build on. sold Riley and Lakin for 515k to give myself more wage budget room. Picked up Bejger man utd transfer list who is good championship for 215k. Corcoran a regen from chelsea at prem standard, joined which meant CB was my new area of strength. Luke Thomas on a free and Hudell returned on loan from Arsenal. Callum Wright and Tom Kraub were great signings in CM. John-Jules came in on loan to compete with Sterling the top goalscorer in the league from the previous season and quickly got the starting gig after a long goal drought by Sterling. other loanees joined in january to fill out the squad and luckily needed no loan fee as i was 5k over.

9AuCNGd.png CVC1gaJT.pngwdQtELp.png

Key Players

Sam Greenwood went on a sensational run for the first two months scoring 11 in 7 en route to becoming League one top goalscorer and turned down a bid of 2.5m in jan which would have been great for squad building but wanted to complete the season with him. Bejger was a rock in defence and a big reason for Promotion. Luke Thomas my surname namesake was a brilliant signing and really suits my formation with attacking full backs.

6aNpNpW.pngT8XUT4H.pngyd7Mdc1.png

Aims for next season

use the £3m new budget wisely on some long term prospects to build for promotion. I think i will revert back to 433 next season as the formation is likely too attacking for the championship and some bigger teams. my club captain Ronan Darcy who I changed the formation for AM has not kicked on and is only decent league one. will see if I can get a good AM or DM and then see. the squad I have now is hopefully good enough to compete but i cant see how i can go up again without some super regen signings and some loan signings so will look after finances and finally upgrade training facilities.

2020/21   Vanarama National League North    1st         Promoted as champions
2021/22   Vanarama National League          1st         Promoted as champions, FA Trophy Winners
2022/23   Sky Bet League Two                1st         Promoted as champions, Leasing Trophy Winners
2023/24   Sky Bet League One                1st         Promoted as champions, Leasing Trophy Winners

Edited by jamespthomas
error

515155102_NuneatonBoroughFCCrest.gif.845f99a18a5d7400794d3148144dffe0.gif

Nuneaton Borough FC: 2021/22 Review

My second season in charge at Liberty Way has come to a close and it was an absolute disaster. We suffered relegation straight back down to the Conference North after an awful campaign in which we just lacked the needed levels of quality. It was a long and hard season in which we teetered on the edge, eventually losing out with a game to spare. By my reckoning that makes me the first person in this challenge to fall straight down after a first season promotion.

The summer saw us add nine new players to our ranks, including some who I thought may set us up well. 18-year old winger Jimiel Chikukwa was probably the stand out, signing after he was released from his youth contract with Leeds United. Centre backs Dinesh Gillela and Bashir Humphreys both looked exciting too, and we managed to convince last seasons top performer Fidel O'Rourke to sign a new deal here too. A number of players left the club, with the hardest one being that of Max Thompson. The young winger scored 18 league goals for us last season, but left at the end of his deal here after refusing to discuss terms on a new contract. He was picked up by Dagenham & Redbridge and made 35 appearances for them in League Two.

We actually started the season alright, with a couple of wins and a host of draws seeing us sit in the top half of the table after ten matches. It was around the middle of November that things went wrong for us. We would fail to win a league game until march, an unwanted fourteen match run that saw us slide right down the league table. Fortunately for us there were a number of other sides performing just as badly, and we didn't actually drop into the relegation zone until after the 40th round of matches. We would never climb back out though, and a Woking victory on the penultimate matchday condemned us to an immediate return to the Conference North. A shocking tally of just seven victories proving the main catalyst as to why.

1204018427_2022table.thumb.png.bdcf651e19a9db371a4a4a75b2c4c2bb.png

We managed to get through one round in each of the cup competitions this season, at least managing to match the ambitions laid out by the board. In the FA Cup we beat Gateshead 1-0 away from home, before losing out on the road to Barrow 0-1. In the FA Trophy we beat Morecambe 1-0 at home after extra time, before losing 0-2 away at Hartlepool United in the Second Round.

The only highlight of this season is that for the most part we proved ourselves to be competitive. We didn't deserve to stay up by any means, but we didn't actually finish too far short of achieving it. It'll be a busy summer for us, but I don't think that we will struggle too much to bounce back from this disappointment. Fidel O'Rourke was once again our best performer, although the 20-year old only managed 17 league goals this time around. He signed a new three year contract with us back in January though, so we should be able to use him as our focal point again next season. Financially we lost some money this season, but still have a healthy bank balance on the plus side of £200,000. It's going to be a crucial summer for us here, as I am definitely eyeing up an immediate return to the Conference National.

Warrington_Town_F.C._logo.png.3531d4f3ec436f76d760d7ec5fbf3906.png

Season 3 (2022/23) - Vanarama National League Champions

1329989817_wBDLKRc-Imgur.thumb.jpg.6fbddbcd1ef197264a9c040f3a93bfd9.jpg

Season Overview

National League Table

League Winning Game

End of Season Awards

So after winning the VNN last season i was just hoping to stay up, but what a season it was as we become back to back champions and up to L2 we go. Our last league defeat was on Jan 29th and we won the league with 3 games to spare.

FA Cup (Forgot Screenshot)

Poor showing as we went out at home 1-0 to Hemel Hempstead who scored in the 91st min

FA Trophy (forgot screenshot)

Lost away 2-1 to solihull Moors in the First Round Poor showing all round in the cups.

League Review Season Review

Squad

Transfers (Forgot Screenshot)

Some key signings made which helped me win the league, Bartley who quickly established himself as a team leader and became my captain he really helped the squad, was shocked to get him straight from W.Brom. Mcghee from MU, some regens released from prem clubs Gabb, Caffrey, 2 from Wales in Gamble, Jones and some key loans in Fish and Stewart.

Finances (Forgot Screenshot)

In the red by about 300-400k if i remember properly

Key Players

Layton Stewart Top Goalscorer

Loan signing started off slow, but then went on a great run and scored some key goals and finished top goalscorer. I actually tried to sign him when he was released from Liverpool, but couldn't afford him at the time so he went to Sheff Utd where i got him from on loan. After the season he had they refused to let him join again for L2 like Eddie Brown the season before :( although that one was a permanent deal.

Callum Gribbin

Mr.Assist who continued his fine form from the season before and was still the master at FK's scoring some great ones. He even broke the Assist Record for the VN. Proving a great free singing

Kyle Bartley

Great free signing who provided leadership and mentoring was a rock at the back and was barely injured even though report said he could be injury prone.

Will Fish

Great loan signing who provided a great CB partnership with Bartley

Leon Davies

Solid loan signing at RB 

Dion Mcghee

Good free signing had a good season.

Ian Gabb

Regen i was most excited about who was signed from MC, had a good season and looking forward to seeing how he develops

Manager Profile (no Screenshot)

Manager of the Year

National A Licence

New Contract

Job Offers

Next Season

For L2 i was just hoping to stay up and have actually finished that season and will post another update hopefully tomorrow. As for missing screenshots ill try get some when back on game, obviously some i wont be able to get. The reason is the save issue at the minute with stadia, i posted a link to the Si thread the other day and its causing frustration with my save i hope google get of there arse and fix it asap. Apart from that i am really enjoying my first proper go at a lower league save and didn't expect to get back to back promotions at all

SEASON    DIVISION                         POSITION   TOP GOALSCORER    MOST ASSISTS   BADGES   ACHIEVMENTS   NOTES   
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21   Vanarama National League North   7th        Mooney  (19)      Sangare (9)    Nat C                  Made Playoffs, Nat C Coaching Badge

2021/22   Vanarama National League North   1st        Brown   (26)      Gribbin (15)   Nat B    Champions     Promoted,      Nat B Coaching Badge

2022/23   Vanarama National League         1st        Stewart (28)      Gribbin (19)   Nat A    Champions     Promoted,      Nat A Coaching Badge

Edited by lfc7

Hi all.  In order to get different teams promoted, I holidayed until May 20 2030.  So ten seasons into the game.  In the first three reloads, I have had Frome Town (start game in tier 8). Taunton Town, Tiverton Town and Worcester (start game in tier 9).  I am sure you will get more "rare" teams if you reload again.  Here is the file for everyone to use.  I ticked all eight boxes for UK & Ireland player wise at the start.  I have *not* used any editor to get no Brexit.  This was the random outcome of this save.  How to use:

1)  Download file on the link below.
2)  Place the file in the following folder:  Documents->Sports Interactive->Football Manager 2020->Games
3)  Load up the game and this file should be an option in your save games.  It is called dafuge Challenge No Brexit 2030.
4)  Holiday until June 25 (not June 24 as you do in 2020).
5) Repeat if you don't like the teams.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/nsxpqktu19z3t6y/dafuge_Challenge_No_Brexit_2030_%281_Nation%2C_6_Leagues%29.fm/file

BarwellFC.png

Barwell FC - 2023-2024

Roster : Table : Fixtures : Finances : Transfers : Vision : Past Positions : Preview 

Manager Profile-Attributes : Club : Stats Teams-Players : Awards : Best 11 : Records

After back to back promotions the last two years I knew the squad probably wasn't good enough to go up again but I never thought we would struggle with relegation. With the club going professional I put some key players and my staff on full time contracts. The start of the year was tough. We had five strikers on the roster and all but two started the season with injuries. Two of those were long term. Last years top scorer Kyle MacFarlane missed basically the entire year only making 6 appearances. We stabilized after a month or so though and started moving up the table. We spent the entirety of the season from then on between 4th and 6th. We didn't do well in the Cups this year which helped us focus on the league while getting through injuries. The club finished the year in 5th and got Scunthorpe in the playoff first round. In an even home and away we fell 2-1 on aggregate.

We participated in three Cups through the year and didn't do well in any. It might have been a blessing in disguise as it allowed us to focus on the league while we got healthy. In the EFL Cup we beat Plymouth in round one and then were trounced by Villa in the 2nd round. In the EFL Trophy we finished bottom of the group without winning a match. We did pick up two wins in the first two rounds of the FA Cup against Port Vale and FC United of Manchester but were knocked out by Brentford.

Jack O'Reilly(Man City), Will Houston(Tottenham), and Erkan Yilmaz(Manchester Unites) were all signed after last season ended. We also picked up Fin Azzaz(West Brom) and Greg Williams(Wolves) in the preseason and both saw lots of minutes. Stuart Tomlinson (Birmingham) and Jacob Edwards (Swansea) were loaned in for the year and played well. Mark Scully (Stoke) was also loaned in but he got hurt for a couple months in preseason and came back and got hurt again a couple matches in. I cancelled the loan to save the wage bill. Zain Walker and Harry Thomas-Barker were both mid-season loans from our affiliate Bristol Rovers to help in the 2nd half.

Financially the club topped the million mark in the positive this year. A large chunk of the gain was from the leagues TV money share and the Brentford Cup match getting on TV. The wage budget for next season almost doubled so really looking forward to getting some new players in. We also had to sell Elijah Dixon-Bonner. He was demanding to be moved. I didn't want too but I also didn't want the squad morale to drop so I sold him for the "club record" 77k. 

All in all it was a very successful first season in League Two. While a 3rd consecutive promotion would have been an accomplishment I am alright taking another year down here to get the roster right and setup the club going forward. The extra wage budget should let me bring in a couple top notch starters and some good young players off youth contracts from the Premiership in as depth and developmental. I want to be back competing in the Cups next season.

• Top Players:
    • Terry Taylor - Again our anchor in the back-line. Want to get him locked up longer this off-season.
    • Mike Gordon - Didn't find the goal this year but did setup 7 as a fullback.
    • James Ball - Fans player of the season. The guy played a ton of matches and led the team in rating. 5 goals and 9 assists as our box to box mid.
    • Jacob Edwards - Loan from Swansea. Wasn't able to sign my top 2 left wing targets. Loaned him in and he scored 9 goals.
    • Max Thompson - Scored 18 goals in his second season. Won League Two player of the Year and refused to sign a new contract. As of now a couple weeks into preseason not signed elsewhere yet. Might look back later to try and sign at a discount
    • Greg Williams - Free from Wolves. Lead the team with 20 goals on the year.
    • Will Houston - Free from Tottenham. Signed as a backup central mid. Played in a ton of games and scored 5 while assisting 6.
    • Jimiel Chikukwa - Sankoh had a down year on the right but Jimiel picked up some of the slack. Need to improve this position in the off-season.

Fans Goal of the Year:

SAFC.thumb.png.397ec1cf59179d94ec6aa0c91f97ce60.png

SEASON 6- 2024-25

Short and sweet update for this one, We pushed on from last seasons 7th position and won the league with some very up and down parts of the year, some parts we were unbeatable and some we struggled against lowly opposition. We also won the Leasing Trophy which was a great achievement considering we had to go through Man City Under 23s to do so.

Here is the league table 1544183819_LeagueTable24-25.thumb.png.a224c65f3ed3d7a59f6f6b4930b31b9e.png

And again Adawarka was our top goalscorer for the year with over 20 goals in all comps 1819428760_TopGoalscorer24-25.thumb.png.422575c3341fb710c22194b7de50223b.png

The biggest news is we were taken over by a consortium which gave us over 10M in the bank. As soon as we got promoted the board announced upgrades to training and youth facilities as well as a expansion to 8800 seater stadium.

Getting so close to the big league now. 

Year Division Final Position Trophies Personal Awards
2020-21 Vanarama National League North 1st (Champions) National League North Winners Manager Of The Year
2021-22 Vanarama National League 1st (Champions) National League Winners, FA Trophy Manager Of The Year
2022-23 League Two 4TH Play Off Champions Manager Of The Year
2023-24 League One 7th N/A N/A
2024-25 League One 1st (Champions) League One, Leasing Trophy Manager Of The Year

EGgg7wW.png

Biggleswade Town 2020/21

Profile - Squad 1/Squad 2 - League Table - Awards - Finances

Got off to a bad start when I realised the amount of wages spent on players that weren't good enough was about a third of the budget. Had to get in a few loans on the cheap to make us competitive. We started off with 4 shocking performances and 4 defeats, before a 7 game unbeaten run (W4 L3) gave us something to work with. Was a very up and down season but a poor run in Feb/March saw us dragged down towards the relegation zone. Fortunately we rallied towards the end of the season and managed to push up to 17th, 6 points clear of the drop.

The standouts were 2 loanees, CM Toby Edser from Nottingham Forest who scored 9 and assisted 14 in the league. Lewis Collins who I used more often than not upfront, he scored 15 and assisted 5 in league games. The other standout was Drew Richardson CM 7 goals and 6 assists, including some absolute screamers from 25-30 yards.

Already well into the second season and things are looking far more promising.