dafuge's FM20 challenge

Whitby Town

59f253cd84f12_118px-Whitby_town_fc(1).png.bbd6a36e55629eafb4f1a3cea9507cab.png

Premier League – 2034/35 –12th

Squad

Transfers

Overview

A much improved season to last with relegation never an issue. After last seasons problems and a poor start to this one, I went back to the drawing board to look at improving my tactics and went against my normal short passing approach to create a direct counter attacking 4-4-2 formation. It worked much more effectively and results improved dramatically.

At the start of the season, I decided that the main issue from the previous season was a weak defence. I had the same back four from League One through two season in the Premier League. With this in mind I spent my entire transfer budget on two new centrebacks, Eloi Perez for £32.5m from Villa and Infamara Silva for £26.5m from Leicester. With this done, and a number of squad players signed from European sides on free transfers I offloaded most of last seasons squad. Mainstays of previous seasons such as Michael Summers (£25m to Norwich), Aarran Davies (£11.5m to Leicester) Andy Femiola (£13.25m to Lille) and Charlie Law (£14.25m to Schalke) had been mainstays since League One but were offloaded as I looked to improve the squad. There was room for one more big ticket signing utilising these funds. English striker Enes Petak arrived from Man United for £30m and would prove crucial to the season.

We started very poorly with no wins in the first six games. Fearing another bad season I went away and worked on my new tactic. This was deployed first in a 3-2 home defeat to Man United where we actually played really well and then in back to back wins, away at Crystal Palace 3-0 and 2-1 at home to West Ham. Petak scored in both these games and 21 times in the season finishing second top scorer in the league. The change in tactic suited his pace and dribbling ability.

Not everyone was benefitted so much for the change in formation. I was forced to play a lot of players out of their natural positions. Terry Roberts was a massive victim of this. As an attacking playmaker he was poorly equipped for a holding midfield role but with no other options in this position I was limited in options. January improved this with more defensive options arriving in the midfield area. Macedonian Simon Gray and Argentine Joel D’Alessandro arrived for modest sums but massively improved the blend of players.

We finished in 12th place which while not an amazing result, was very satisfying in the end. The football played was very enjoyable

Key Players

Enus Petak – 21 goals has pushed the ex-Man United striker into the England squad.

Emlyn Thomas – The Welsh midfielder was excellent and contributed 8 goals despite playing in an unfamiliar position on the wing.

Record

Season          League                          Position          Europe                        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21         Conference North                5th                              
2021/22         Conference North                2nd                                             Playoff Winner, Promoted
2022/23         Conference National             1st                                             Champions, Promoted
2023/24         League Two                      3rd                                             Promoted
2024/25         League One                      12th
2025/26         League One                      7th
2026/27         League One                      4th
2027/28         League One                      1st                                             Champions, Promoted
2028/29         Championship                    15th
2029/30         Championship                    22nd                                            Relegated
2030/31         League One                      1st                                             Champions, Promoted
2031/32         Championship                    2nd                                             Promoted
2032/33         Premier League                  12th                                            
2033/34         Premier League                  17th                                            
2034/35         Premier League                  12th

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

End of Season Review

Season 2022/23

FC United of Manchester

Errea is named new technical sponsor of FC United of Manchester!

League Table - We were top virtually from the start until February, before we tried to implode.  We recovered towards the end of the season though a 1-0 loss at promotion rivals Darlington dropped us back to second place.  On the final day of the season, we drew 0-0 at Kings Lynn Town and after 90 minutes Darlington were also drawing 0-0, at Curzon Ashton, before Darlington conceded a goal at the death and dropped to second, enabling us to win the title in the tightest finish possible.

League Fixtures 1, 2 & 3 - A cracking first half of the campaign

F. A. Cup - A poor campaign, we did make it through two rounds before playing very poorly when losing at Chorley.

F. A. Trophy - When it became clear we had a shot at promotion, I played a lot of reserves and it showed, going out at the first time of asking, 3-1 at home to Kings Lynn Town.

Pre Season Friendlies - More defeats than usual, with Aberdeen being the only scalp of note.

Squad - We continue to get stronger, though some players are getting upset when I turn down offers for them.

Squad Dynamics - As good as always.

Transfers In - None.

Transfers Out - I trimmed the squad with youngsters not good enough and veterans on the decline being sold or released.  We did sell one prospect for £100,000 to balance the books.

Youth Candidates - A "Golden Generation" that disappointed.  Mike Driver YP24B50 looks the pick of the bunch.

Finances - We are in the red as we continue to lose money.  I am now dreading the chairman selling a player over my head.

Key Players

Alan Benson YP22F22 - The best player at the club.  Each transfer window it is getting harder and harder to keep him.

Özer Demir YP22C19 - The Turkish left winger has had a sensational season.

Obi Obi YP2E21 - The right back who displaced Nick Ryder YP21D4.  Now firmly established.

Adam Chapman YP22D20 - Central midfielder who has taken the place of Regan Linney.

Dean Curran YP21C3 - A quality centre half who scores regularly too.

Next Season

Survival.

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications          Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                      1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2020/21    Minimal = (0.75*) ↑   National B ↑↑             7 ↑   6 ↑   3 ↑   2 ↑   2 ↑   2 ↑   6 ↑   7 ↑   7 ↑   4 =   1 =   5 ↑   5 ↑   6 ↑  10 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑
2021/22    Nominal ↑ (1.50*) ↑   Continental B ↑↑↑        12 ↑  10 ↑   4 ↑   5 ↑   3 ↑   4 ↑  10 ↑  10 ↑  10 ↑   4 =   1 =   9 ↑   8 ↑   9 ↑  18 ↑  11 ↑  10 ↑
2022/23    Nominal = (1.50*) =   Continental A ↑          13 ↑  12 ↑   5 ↑   6 ↑   4 ↑   4 =  11 ↑  12 ↑  11 ↑   4 =   1 =  10 ↑  10 ↑  11 ↑  20 ↑  12 ↑  12 ↑
2023/24    Decent ↑  (2.00*) ↑   Continental Pro ↑        13 =  13 ↑   6 ↑   7 ↑   5 ↑   5 ↑  12 ↑  12 =  13 ↑   4 =   1 =  11 ↑  10 =  11 ↑  20 =  13 ↑  13 ↑

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Data Analysis Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Basic                Basic             Poor                      Adequate              Average          Fairly Basic       Local   (1.00*)
2020/21    Basic =              Basic =           Poor =                    Adequate =            Excellent ↑↑↑    Good ↑↑↑           Local = (1.00*) =
2021/22    Basic =              Basic =           Poor =                    Adequate =            Exceptional ↑    Good ↑             Local = (1.00*) =
2022/23    Basic =              Below Average ↑   Poor =                    Adequate =            Exceptional =    Excellent ↑        Local = (1.00*) =
2023/24    Basic =              Below Average =   Poor =                    Adequate =            Exceptional =    Excellent =        Local = (1.00*) =

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21      57        30       12       15         111              67                +44
2021/22      61        27       14       20         103              76                +27
2022/23      53        24       13       16          84              53                +31
2023/24      50        30       10       10          89              49                +40

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Time At Club
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21          57        30       12       15         111              67                +44               325 days
2021/22         118        57       26       35         214             143                +71               689 days
2022/23         171        81       39       51         298             196               +102             1,053 days
2023/24         221       111       49       61         387             245               +142             1,424 days

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------
2023/24    Vanarama National League North.

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------
Vanarama National League North (2023/24).

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League     Europa League          League                             Position     F.A. Cup                    League Cup        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21           N/a                N/a               Vanarama National League North        4th       First round                     N/a           Lost on penalties in the playoff final.  Third round of the F. A. Trophy.
2021/22           N/a                N/a               Vanarama National League North       12th ↓     Second round ↑                  N/a           Mid table mediocrity.  Semi finals of the F. A. Trophy.
2022/23           N/a                N/a               Vanarama National League North        6th ↑     First round ↓                   N/a           Lost in the first round of the playoffs.  First round of the F. A. Trophy.
2023/24           N/a                N/a               Vanarama National League North        1st ↑     Fourth qualifying round ↓       N/a           Promoted as champions.  Third qualifying round of the F. A. Trophy.

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21    Nick Ryder YP21D4                         4
2021/22    Nick Ryder YP21D4                        53
2022/23    Nick Ryder YP21D4                        99
2023/24    Dean Curran YP21C3                      144

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Goals
---------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21    No one!                                0
2021/22    Dean Curran YP21C3                     2
           Nick Ryder YP21D4                      2
2022/23    Dean Curran YP21C3                     9
2023/24    Özer Demir YP22C19                    27

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Assists
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21    Nick Ryder YP21D4                       1
2021/22    Nick Ryder YP21D4                      14
2022/23    Nick Ryder YP21D4                      24
2023/24    Nick Ryder YP21D4                      31

End of Season Review

Season 2020/21

qBYD0eyC_400x400.jpg.6b82045521acdb9d7d3b9f891e8c798d.jpg

Latest Profiles  Gainsborough    Manager

Season 1 Summary - 1st Vanarama North

Transfers 1  Transfers 2   made some crucial early signings after trialling out of contract youngsters from big clubs. Ethan Galbraith, Di'Shon Bernard, D'Mani Mellor (Man Utd) and Tolaji Bola (Chelsea) joined early and meant better players would join then.  Got some good loans to bolster the team in midfield. Struggled to find the right striker and goalkeeper signings which is key for next season but goals were shared out.

Competitions   Amazing first season which took me by surprise, was aiming for playoffs and went ahead of schedule pipping York to the title who had me pegged back for most of the season. scrapped out lots of narrow wins along the way.

Tactics I mostly always play 433 on fm as like to dominate midfield and then go more attacking from a strong defense if I need to. I'm playing a control possession variant but don't quite have the right players to pull it off yet - will move to a DM and attacking full backs asap.

Finances - FA Cup (Second round) and FA Trophy (4th) gave me good income and meant my -1.5k wage deficit wasnt an issue. 200k balance sets me up well for next season.

Key Players

Jordan Graham - simply too good for Gainsborough and very luck to be able to snap him up in October. Will be my best player for some time.

Di'Shon Bernard - Ex Man Utd Youth - played out of his skin and mainstay of my defence

Ethan Walker - Loan signing, came up with the goods when it mattered most - scoring a hatrick against York

Career Overview

Season     Champions League     Europa League          League                             Position     F.A. Cup                    League Cup        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21           N/a                N/a               Vanarama National League North        1st       Second round                     N/a           Champions, 4th Round F. A. Trophy.

5103839.png.87076f15dbe5f0f41cd972df9cecfa33.png

Sky Bet Championship - 2030/31

629186359_NantwichTown_Competitions.thumb.png.288bbf7117fdbd91b2fb90184127b314.png

With a stable core of players we had a beautiful start, racking up 7 consecutive wins. After that we started to have mixed results but held on to the top places. In the dreaded January slump we lost 5 in a row which brought us down in the playoff spots, but eventually we came up again. To finish the season, we failed to win any of our 5 remaining matches which took us out of the title battle, leaving us the playoff spot. As usual - I don't think I ever won the promotion playoff in any FM -, we were carved apart by Middlesbrough thus ending our promotion hopes.

Apart from the league nothing memorable happened. Regarding transfers, I didn't sign a single player because there was nobody available that would come in cheaply and would improve us noticeably, so I decided to save some money if not for a big opportunity. In the cups we progressed well but were eventually knocked out by Premier League teams.

Season    Division                          Position    Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21   Vanarama National League North    13th
2021/22   Vanarama National League North    7th
2022/23   Vanarama National League North    1st         Promoted as champions
2023/24   Vanarama National League          1st         Promoted as champions
2024/25   Sky Bet League Two                8th
2025/26   Sky Bet League Two                7th
2026/27   Sky Bet League Two                1st         Promoted as champions
2027/28   Sky Bet League One                7th         EFL Trophy winners
2028/29   Sky Bet League One                1st         Promoted as champions, EFL Trophy winners
2029/30   Sky Bet Championship              8th
2030/31   Sky Bet Championship              3rd

Edited by kingjericho

Whitby Town double update, 2036-2038

Was too sad to update after last season but this season went better so here it is:

Year League Position Cups Training Youth Junior Recruitment Attendance (Cap) Badges Transfers (In-Out) Top Scorer Most Assists Av. Rating Clean Sheets May balance Total wages
2036/2037 Championship 3rd FAC: 4th round, Carabao: 2nd round Good Good Exceptional Average 14091 (14830) Cont. Pro (+£6.75m) 4-6 Jordan Chambers - 21 Brian Cross - 15 Brian Cross - 7.34 (44) Rakish Kane - 21 £2.83m £196k p/w

League Table -

Season Stats -

Transfers -

Didn't feel we needed much help, so transfers were few. A star CM on a free, a star AMC on loan, and a good RB seemed good enough for me. We flirted with both missing the playoffs and automatic promotion at times through the season but settled for 3rd. A strong showing in the second leg of the semi finals put us in the finals for the second straight year. Once again it took extra time, and once again we didn't get the luck. A deflected goal after 110 minutes was the only goal and I was very sad.

Year League Position Cups Training Youth Junior Recruitment Attendance (Cap) Badges Transfers (In-Out) Top Scorer Most Assists Av. Rating Clean Sheets May balance Total wages
2037/2038 Championship 1st FAC: 3rd round, Carabao: 2nd round Great Great Exceptional Average 14518 (14830) Cont. Pro (+£15.5m) 8-9 Jordan Chambers - 30 Brian Cross - 14 Michael Schuetz - 7.45 (35) Rakish Kane - 19 (£5.64m) £223k p/w

Up and down start to the season. Board hates giving me money for transfers but loves to invest in facilities. It hasn't paid off for youth (only one has made a decent amount of appearances), but training facilities have helped immensely. Unfortunately, a failure to get promoted means we lose Beith on a 15.5m deal. Peters and Schuetz joined on permanent deals, and to replace Preston who departed to the MLS we loaned two CBs from United. One is a superstar, one provided valuable depth. I loaned a striker since I was a little upset with how often our second striker missed what seemed to be easy chances. He wasn't much better. Only other important transfer was a January loan after multiple injuries to our wing backs left us short. We were absolutely dominant, losing just two and drawing 6 of our first 32 games. A few losses late in the season made it seem like we were in for an epic collapse, but we righted the ship enough to finish with 101 points. It would've been nice to not have to win the league to get promoted during this journey, but (so far) it hasn't been so. Board gave me 40m to work with in transfer budget next year, which is good as we need a LOT of help. So far I've spent a total of 625k over my entire career and 250k is our leading transfer so this could get interesting.

League Table -

Season Stats -

Transfers -

Edited by CMU Chips

1419892008_BognorRegisCrest.png.70eed710beedc6abdecfa48a16258dbb.png

Bognor Regis Town FC: 2023/24 Review

After the disappointment of last season for me it meant this season would be huge and focused on pushing on once again. In my opinion this team should’ve been good enough for the play-offs last season, so to fall short felt like a huge underachievement. This time around the board were happy to settle for a top-half finish. In my opinion anything other than at least making the play-offs would be considered a failure. The summer saw a number of players depart the club and freed up some much needed room on the wage bill. We did manage to replace our departures effectively though, which left me feeling as though we had done a great job of strengthening our squad. Goalkeeper Jacob Russell was allowed to leave after 112 appearances and 45 clean sheets for the club, and was replaced by 18-year old James Charlton who was released by Arsenal. After 129 appearances and 26 goals for the club we let winger Harlem Hale depart too. He was replaced by 20-year old Matt Stubbs who had been released by Portsmouth. My most exciting signing was probably 18-year old winger Kieran Smith. He was released by Arsenal and can play on either flank, or as a backup for striker Jaden Thompson-Brissett.

We started the campaign off in fine form, winning consistently and fighting it out at the top of the league table. Ourselves, Salisbury Town and Borehamwood breezed away from the pack, and as new year hit we found ourselves almost guaranteed a play-off spot and instead in a three way battle for the league crown. The transfer window brought with it a problem though. Young goalkeeper James Charlton had conceded less than a goal a game across over 20 appearances, but was sold over my head to Luton Town. We picked up £7,750 up front potentially rising to £10,000, although the deal did include a 40% sell on clause. It was gutting to lose such a key figure though, although backup Mike Gregory slotted in well for the rest of the season. As march hit we picked up a huge 1-0 victory away against Salisbury Town to move five points clear at the top of the table with just five games remaining. Then disaster struck. Just the one win, one draw and three defeats as we plummeted to third spot and denied the league title.

2023-24.thumb.png.75ff288a2c5e5325009424333a3a4c11.png

We would meet Slough Town at home in the semi-finals in what would prove the most tense match of my reign so far. 0-0 after 90 minutes, we took the lead in extra-time through Jaden Thompson-Brissett. Looking to cling on we conceded an equaliser with nine minutes remaining and the game went to a penalty shoot out. Strike after strike was converted until we missed and lost out 13-14. Condemning us to another season in this league.

Again the cup competitions didn’t provide much of an outlet or funds for us. In the FA Cup we performed well to beat Chippenham Town 4-0 at home and then Folkestone Invicta 2-0 away. We drew Ebbsfleet of the Conference National in the final round of qualifying. We performed well and should’ve won at home, only to take a replay after a 1-1 draw. The replay didn’t go so well and we lost out 0-2. In the FA Trophy we comfortably saw off Truro City 2-0 at home to make the First Round, where we were beaten 1-3 away by Conference National leaders AFC Fylde.

A good season although we really deserved to win the title and so to miss out was a real disappointment. The play-offs are always a lottery and even more so when it goes to penalties. Hopefully we can finish the job next season because I really am feeling the need to get out of this division. Financially we are in ruins, and a cup run is beginning to become essential. We’re about £350,000 in the red now, and cant raise any money from selling players. Promotion is beginning to become pivotal. The board have reduced my wage budget by £500 per week which isn’t too bad. We do need some new faces to improve the squad depth though. The board want us to get a spot within the play-offs, which is exactly what I am hoping to achieve as well. We’ve managed to convince Jaden Thompson-Brissett to sign a new contract which is huge for us. He got 30 goals in 47 league games last season, and has 84 in 181 for the club. I’m delighted to keep our all time record goal scorer here for at least another season.

1566731011_Screenshot(80).thumb.png.5ce55cc13b06e096485cf68e63d645b8.png

Edited by goonergez

3aatxvF.png

SEASON REVIEW: 2022/23
Squad : League Table : Finances : Transfers : League Fixtures 1 2 3 : FA Cup Fixtures : FA Trophy Fixtures

Media Prediction: 10th
Board Expectations: Top Half finish (required) FA Cup 1st round (required) FA Trophy 2nd round (preferred)

Season Recap

The board gave me an option of 3 clubs in May to choose as a senior affiliate. I picked Gillingham, who were in the League One Playoff Final at the time, but ended up losing. This will provide a small amount of annual income ($15.6k) and also allow an easier avenue for loaning players (until we join them in League One!). The season started a little earlier this year due to the World Cup being in November. The preason saw us 4 starters on free transfers, Jonathan Rivers as our new striker on loan from Gillingham as well as a couple other players to provide depth and cover to the squad. Bolton (VNL) came in with an offer for one of my main D(C) from last season, and he became very unhappy I rejected the inital offer of $4.5k for him because he wanted to move to a bigger club and league. I eventually sold him for his "value" of $6k. He made a total of 3 league appearances and 1 cup appearance for them this year, so he made a brilliant choice to leave. My young backup goalie who was on a non-contract also got snatched up by Chesterfield (L2) to be their backup keeper because I didn't see the notification that an offer was made for him in the avalanche of scouting and spam emails during the preseason, so I had to sign a backup. A good upgrade at LB was found just before the season started, and we were off on our campaign with about $110k of payroll budget still available if the right players came across our radar. I wanted to upgrade the FB/WB spot if I could, and I'm always on the lookout for bargain talent when I can find it.

After securing what looked to be a great talent in Alfie Lewis at AM(C), I decided to switch up formations and move to 4-2-3-1 this season. We got off to a GREAT start to the season. Jonathan Rivers scored two goals in his debut and we went on a great run, going nine unbeaten until our nemesis Darlington gave us our first loss of the season. Scoring 23 points out of a possible 27 was a great way for us to kick off the year. As fixture congestion began to build up due to the cup competitions, we stumbled a bit, but we were still picking up points, just very inconsistently from the end of September through early December. Mid-November Peter Kioso came in on a ridiculous contract ($14k p/s for two years as a Star Player!) to give us a huge upgrade at RB, and I received my first job interview offer from another club, Burton of League Two. The board was so thrilled with our progress they offered me a contract extension soon after. We lost our first two games of December, and on December 7th we were sitting on 41 points and in a very respectable 5th position in the table. I was starting to wonder if we might be able to make a go at getting into the playoffs this year.

Maybe I was selling us short. We went on an absolute tear after that, retaking the top spot in the table on January 28th on the back of an 8-game unbeaten run that saw us pick up 22 out of a possible 24 points. The coming matches in February loomed large as 5 of the 6 saw us playing teams that were in the top 10. This looked to be the make or break point of the season. We didn't win them all, but we went unbeaten through that gauntlet, eventually extending our unbeaten streak to 17 matches. With seven matches remaining we were in the driver's seat, sitting on 80 points and five or six points clear of second place. We faced two weaker teams, then a stretch of 3rd/4th/2nd place teams, then two weaker teams to close out the season.

Unfortunately, that's where the wheels came off. Our unbeaten run ended against 23rd place Barwell. The assistant manager who I had promoted from the U-18 squad took the head job with South Shields who were battling for a playoff spot. Four straight losses found us third in the table with 3 matches remaining, but only one point behind the top spot. A replacement assistant manager was found just before our match with Kidderminster, whom we were level on points with. The new hire proved to be the spark (?) we needed and we picked up a huge win in front of a raucous crowd of 583 people. :( Results elsewhere went our way, and we found ourselves back on top with two matches remaining!! Unfortunately we crashed and burned, finishing the season in 3rd place, losing the home advantage of the 2nd spot to Darlington on goal differential. We managed just 4 total points from our final 7 matches of the season.

A first-round bye provided some much needed rest, and we found ourselves facing my former assistant manger and South Shields in the playoff semi-final. A back and forth contest found the scores level at zero at the end of regulation. Frustrating loanee Benjamin Mensah (15 yellow cards on the season!!) headed in a free kick just before the end of the first extra period. Unfortunately, South Shields scored an equalizer in the 108th minute, and we headed to penalties to determine our fate. South Shields missed their 1st wide right and our keeper blocked their third. We went a perfect 4 for 4 and found ourselves in the playoff final against Darlington. The final was a real kick in the teeth. We did not show up to play. Darlington scored 3 goals in the first 20 minutes, and we never recovered eventually losing 4-0.

All things considered it was a great season, but to get so close and to be in control of our own destiny yet watch us give it away was heartbreaking.

Cup Competitions
The FA Cup was a little different this season in that there were no replays, I'm guessing due to the World Cup being in November. The board expected us to make the first round. Fortunate draws in the first two qualifying rounds saw us make it easily to the fourth qualifying round were the draw pitted us against last year's VNN champions York as the away team. We played brilliantly in a 2-1 victory, and found ourselves in the first round of the FA Cup finally. The draw gave us a home match against League One Walsall. We played valiantly, but fell 2-0. We were the away team in each of our three qualifying matches. The income from the qualifying wins was meager, but helpful. The gate receipts from the first round proved to be our largest attendance on the year by far.
The FA Trophy was not as successful. The board expected us to make it to the second round. We came up against fellow VNN squad Leamington at home in the final qualifying round. A Jonathan Rivers strike in the 29th minute looked to be enough, but Leamington scored at 90+1 to equalize. The scored again in the 108th minute to end our FA Trophy campaign before it really had any chance to begin. I guess we can take consolation in the fact that even though Leamington only finished 10th in the VNN this year, they ended up going on to win the FA Trophy. They won the final 7-6, scoring two goals in stoppage time for the victory!! 

Finances
Once again, finances are the biggest thing holding us back in my opinion. I kept the wage budge well under control, but attendance was abysmal. We finished 16th in attendance this year with an average of 673, but that average is skewed heavily by the 2520 that came to watch the playoff semi-final. If you subtract the away fans number from our attendance, we only averaged in the low 400's all year long. I'm not sure how a team that had the season we did struggle so mightily to gain any traction with the fans. Maybe it's a reputation thing?

We show a loss of about $20k this season, but we had a weird "Other Income" of $188k in December that I have no idea where it came from. On the year "Other Income" is listed as $250k. The board also injected $103k for operating costs. We really need some money to start getting upgrades to facilities.

Transfers
Overall, I was very happy with our transfers this season. Six of the free transfers ended up playing major minutes for us as starters and two more provided key cover as squad players and substitutes. Jonathan Rivers as a loanee from Gillingham, and Bernard Mensah's second year with us on loan from Burton proved invaluable. Mensah's propensity for yellow cards is very fustrating however.

Youth Intake
Youth intake was not very impressive this year. The only two who at this point look like they might amount to anything are Bryan Fenney_23A and Nicola Cherubini_23B. Until we can start getting some upgrades I'm not expecting much out of the youth.

Player Stat Leaders
Top Goalscorer: Jonathan Rivers (20)
Highest Average Rating:  Chris Merrie (7.21)
Most Assists:  Alfie Lewis (11)

Awards
Manager of the Month: August, November, and January

Goals for Next Season
The end of season board expectation for next year is the playoffs. I'm really hoping for a promotion, preferably as champion, but definitely to come out of the playoffs at worst. The end of season payroll budget for next year is a slight decrease to $499k. I don't really expect there to be a lot of transfer activity before the next season. All of my main players are still under contract through the end of next season at least. I would like to find another striker and central defender so as not to rely on loans if possible. I made offers to extend the loans of both Jonathan Rivers and Benjamin Mensah for next year, and both clubs accepted. However, Burton immediately went on a transfer embargo due to a takeover, and Rivers rejected the offer. I will try again for both as we get closer to the start of next year, as I don't really have much money to work with. I'm probably going to end up having to go a little over budget. Maybe the board will free up some more money for me by the start of the season. (Yeah, right.) I am worried that some bigger clubs may try to poach some of my key guys next season. We shall soon find out.

Odd Notes
Two odd things I noticed this season. 1) I have no code of conduct with this squad for some reason. 2) I haven't been able to approach any players who's contracts are expiring to make offers. Anyone have any idea what's going on with either of these things?

Career Overview

Season 	    	Team			League					Position	Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21		Hitchin Town		Vanarama National League North		23rd		Relegated; FA Cup 4Q Round; FA Trophy 1st Round
2021/22		Hednesford Town		Vanarama National League North		18th		FA Cup 3Q Round; FA Trophy 1st Round
2022/23					Vanarama National League North		3rd		Lost in Playoff Final; FA Cup 1st Round; FA Trophy 3Q Round

Season Record

Season		Played		Won	Drawn	Lost	Goals For	Goals Against	Goal Difference	Awards
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21		50		14	8	28	55		76		-21
2021/22		50		14	15	21	50		62		-12
2022/23		53		29	11	13	74		48		+26		Manager of Month (3x)

Totals:		153		57	34	62	179		186		-7

Personal Coaching Data

Season(End)	Reputation	Qualifications		Att  Def  Fit  GkD  GkH  GkS  Tac  Tec  Men  WWY  Ada  Det  PlK  YoK  Dis  MaM  Mot
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Start		Minimal	(0.25*)	None			 1    1    1    1    1    1    1    3    2    2    1    1    1    2    2    2    1
2020/21		Minimal	(0.50*)	National B		 5    7    2    2    3    2    7    9    7    6    1    5    6    6    7    7    7
2021/22		Minimal (0.75*)	National A		 8    10   3    3    3    3    10   10   8    6    1    6    7    7    8    9    9
2022/23		Nominal (1.25*)	Continental B		 12   12   4    4    5    3    12   12   11   6    1    8    9    9    20   12   12

If you've read this far, thank you!! It'll probably not be until the end of the week before I'm able to finish out the next season. See you then!

SCARBOROUGH ATHLETIC FC

SAFC.thumb.png.d7c5808e54b2a5b0b7467fb642b328ae.png\

SEASON ONE 2020/21 HALF YEAR REVIEW

Started the challenge with Scarborough as they are one of the closer teams to my home town. We signed lots of players mostly for free or on loan from our Senior affiliate Barnsley. Two became first teamers straight away in Joe West and Hunt. The rest were average but have been doing a job so far.

We are currently somehow 1 point behind the leaders but out of both cup competitions. Here is the league table and transfers thus far. I'll post a more thorough update once the season is complete.

League.thumb.png.47558b84a1be0eee0b0848266e7add44.png

333954315_Transfers20-21.thumb.png.88f12b382d12e12cd484e63e0e100086.png

preseason.thumb.jpg.f70717c73dae61c8f0f5a4c4538023f1.jpg

Went well, however on average we lost a player per game to injury.

By the end I had to turn down the mentality in order to reduce the intensity to save the people we still had!

transfers.thumb.jpg.1fae2bfd9a3946ead903042b8465b317.jpg

Which resulted in our transfer policy being, if you have a warm body, 2 feet, 2 eyes, and I can afford your wages, sign your ass on the line.

Will see how the season pans out!

My season ended in disaster as we missed out on a play off spot on goal difference courtesy of a final day defeat. I then decided to take a few hours off and build a team to finally get my side out of this division only to be scuppered. A board takeover meant I was under embargo for much of the summer before I gave it up for the night. I’ve now got about two weeks until my first match of the season and I’m in need of new arrivals. Gonna be a busy period tonight trying to hunt down transfer targets. Most annoyingly I had my eyes on a centre back who’s now gone elsewhere because I couldn’t move to bring him in.

SCARBOROUGH ATHLETIC SEASON 1 20/21 

FULL SEASON REVIEW

SAFC.thumb.png.0734b7b54cad6b1ed37a46f3296fbee0.png

WE DID IT!!!! Won the league on the final day of the season with 3 draws in the last 5 games. The problem now is that all the stars that got me up have no interest in resigning so we will have to have a good transfer window to stay up. We have a balance of 200K so we should be able to spend more on wages and maybe even have a transfer budget next year.

Top goalscorer was an old target man at 36 years old that banged in 18 goals 

1481750015_Topgoalscorer20-21.thumb.png.eefc46e7614d898caeb7ee0bdacc9a41.png

And here is the final league table

550043812_Finalleaguetable2020-21.thumb.png.3e176490c344491a792bc8c23b45dbe5.png

Had no luck in the cup comps this season but got myself a one year extention. Wish me luck for next year.

So decided to have a go at this, but the nearest clubs are Nantwich and Warrington. So thought I'd venture further afield this time, because the first time I did the season run through I got the fantastically named Biggleswade Town FC!  Will start planning the charge for the premiership tomorrow (working from home must have some benefits)

2195.png

Edited by bufferz

3aatxvF.png

SEASON REVIEW: 2023/24
Squad : League Table : Finances : Transfers : League Fixtures 1 2 : FA Cup Fixtures : FA Trophy Fixtures

Media Prediction: 3rd
Board Expectations: Reach the playoff (required) FA Cup 1st round (required) FA Trophy 2nd round (preferred)

Transfers

Heading into this season I wasn't planning on a lot of activity in the transfer market. I knew I wanted to find a striker without relying on loan players to produce the bulk of my scoring. I brought Benjamin Mensah back on a free loan again as my second starting central defender. I brought Jonathan Rivers back on loan from Gillingham as a striker, and wasn't very patient looking for a striker to sign, bringing in another striker on loan from Accrington for pretty cheap wages. A couple of weeks later I found Joe Piggot as a free transfer and signed him to be my primary striker. Isaac Fletcher joined us on a great contract at the end of August to strengthen my central midfielders group. This made China PR international Sun Bernard surplus to requirements and I was able to sell him to Chorley for $15.75k at the start of September. The only other signing I made was for a backup keeper after my original backup signed a deal with Woking. I would have liked to find a left fullback for depth, but never really found the right player. Jayden Sweeney joined us on loan from Leyton Orient in January to provide a little cover depth.

Season Recap

The first three matches of the season were against newly promoted sides to the VNN, so we looked keen to get off to a great start. Joe Piggot proved to be a great addition to the squad, banging in 9 goals in his first 11 league appearances for the team. We secured 29 points from our first 12 matches. The offense was very productive although the defense had a worrisome tendency to let in some late goals due to having a lot of the games pretty well in hand. October and November saw us take 15 points out of 6 matches, and we started December on 44 points and 5 points clear. A win against playoff hopeful South Shields on December 2 brought our winning streak to 6 and 10 out of our last 11.

AFC Telford proved to be our nemesis this season, ending the winning streak and beginning a bit of a dip in form for the rest of December. A brutal stretch of 4 matches in 8 days surrounding the holidays ended with a 0-0 draw away to 2nd place Curzon Ashton. They had a player sent off in the 1st minute of the game, but we could do nothing on the pitch. After winning 6 league matches in a row, we only won 1 of our next 6. We were now in 2nd place, one point behind AFC Telford. We won 4 of our next 5, and the start of February saw us back on top of the table with a one point lead. The last week of February however saw our annual late season swoon hit with a vengeance, going 7 matches without a victory. We still held a slim 2 point lead with 10 matches remaining on March 8th, but we were faced with a brutal gauntlet of matches against the 3rd, 2nd, and 4th place teams in a span of 8 days. We found ourselves in 3rd place (2 points behind) after a 1-0 loss away to Telford, managing only 2 shots during the match.

After that gauntlet the schedule looked favorable, however, with our next 4 matches to come against teams in the relegation zone. Unfortunately we were not able to take advantage as our brutal stretch of play culminated in a home loss to bottom of the table Southport. Thankfully, league leaders AFC Telford also lost that day to the 23rd place squad, so amazingly we did not lose any ground. We finally ended the winless streak with a 3-0 victory at home against the 22nd place team. Once again, AFC Telford faltered against a weak opponent and we were back on top of the table based on goal differential.

As the calendar turned to April, there were 5 matches remaining and six teams within three points of the top spot. The remaining schedule looked very favorable for us: 3 away matches against 24th, 21st, and 19th placed squads and the season ending with 2 home matches against mid-table teams. We were in control of our own destiny, and it was time to rally the troops. Bottom of the table Kidderminster proved no challenge at all as we won on the road 5-2. Results elsewhere were favorable and we were one point clear at the top. The offense seemed to be getting back in gear (or so I thought). Could we really pull off the championship? We managed only 5 shots in our next match at Scarborough Athletic, but one of them managed to find the back of the net in the 89th minute. 

With three matches to go we were three points up. Chester and AFC Telford (2nd and 3rd places) were playing each other, so a win against Bradford PA in our next match could well put us in a very comfortable position with only two matches remaining. Bradford PA were fighting for their lives to avoid relegation however, and were not about to roll over for us. An 86th minute penalty saw us take a 1-0 lead. An indirect free kick in the 90+5 :mad: minute looked to be a gut-punch equalizer. But wait!!! The flag is up!! Offside is the call!! :herman:Chester and AFC Telford drew, and we were 5 points clear with two home matches left in the season.

The squad was chomping at the bit to bring the title home in front of our (as always) less than capacity crowd. (Seriously? Your squad is playing for promotion in their biggest match of the season, and we only draw a crowd of 578? I'll never understand this. But, I digress.) We came out with great passion and scored 3 goals in the first 30 minutes of the match and looked set for the title. Despite warning against complacency, the defense let up in the 2nd half, but we held on for a 3-2 victory and punched our ticket to Vanarama National for next season with one match remaining!!

Cup Competitions

Our draw was favorable in our first 2 qualifying rounds of the FA Cup. First a 2-1 away victory against Radcliffe, and then a 5-0 thumping of recently relegated Nuneaton Boro at home. The 4th qualifying round saw us fall short of our board's expectations in a 2-0 defeat away against AFC Telford who just seemed to have our number all season long. Although disappointed, the board recognized the difficult draw and didn't seem to hold the loss against me.

The FA Trophy draw was not as favorable, pitting against sides in our league in both the final qualifying round and the first round, but we managed two away victories to meet the board's expectation of making the second round. In the second round we fell at home to Bolton 2-0. I wasn't too disappointed with the loss because it allowed us to focus completely on our push for the playoffs and hopeful championship. Just like last season, the team that knocked us out went on to win the whole competition. We must be good luck!

Finances

Just like last season, poor attendance is having a real negative influence on our finances. Our season tickets this year increased from 265 to 272. Wow! Our average attendance this season dropped to 525, good for 16th in the league. Hopefully a reputation boost will boost numbers at the gate for us as well. We lost ($208,367) this season, and that includes board investments of $220k. At one point during the year there was serious talk of a takeover, but it fell through. We really need to figure something out soon, because we are in serious need of facilities and youth upgrades if we want any shot at building for the future. Anyone know of an oil tycoon interested in a on-the-rise team??

Youth Intake

Youth intake was mediocre at best. Nobody rated at higher than 2.5 star PA. I'm not going to even bother linking any profiles at this time.

Player Stat Leaders

Top Goalscorer: Joe Piggot (28)
Highest Average Rating:  Alfie Lewis (7.22)
Most Assists:  Alfie Lewis (17)

Awards

Vanarama National North Player of the Season:  Joe Piggot
Vanarama National North Top Goalscorer: Joe Piggot
Vanarama National North Head Coach of the Season
Manager of the Month: August, September, November, April

Goals for Next Season

The end of season board expectation for next year was to bravely fight against relegation and the proposed payroll budget was $588k. At the start of the season I raised the expecations to Avoid Relegation for a corresponding payroll budget increase to $635k. I am looking for an upgrade at keeper. The core of the squad is all coming back for the next season. I think they'll have what it takes to be competitve at the next level. I know that we are short of talent for Sky Bet League Two, so goal number one is to start scoping out cheap talent for the next level. I've brought in three Premier League youngster who didn't make the cut on non-contracts to provide some depth at D(L), D(C) and M(C). I'd like to find a little more depth up front and upgrade talent on the wings. This season will be about getting established and finding the players who can help us move forward. Personally, I'm hoping for a mid-table finish and building a squad that can help us contend for promotion in the very near future.

Career Overview

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21		Hitchin Town		Vanarama National League North		23rd		Relegated; FA Cup 4Q Round; FA Trophy 1st Round
2021/22		Hednesford Town		Vanarama National League North		18th		FA Cup 3Q Round; FA Trophy 1st Round
2022/23					Vanarama National League North		3rd		Lost in Playoff Final; FA Cup 1st Round; FA Trophy 3Q Round
2023/24					Vanarama National League North		1st		Promoted as Champion; FA Cup 4Q Round; FA Trophy 2nd Round

Season Record

Season		Played	Won	Drawn	Lost	Goals For	Goals Against	Goal Difference		Awards
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21		50	14	8	28	55		76		-21
2021/22		50	14	15	21	50		62		-12
2022/23		53	29	11	13	74		48		+26			Manager of Month (3x)
2023/24		52	31	11	10	93		54		+39			Manager of Month (4x), Head Coach of the Season

Totals:		205	88	45	72	272		240		+32

Personal Coaching Data

Season(End)	Reputation	Qualifications		Att  Def  Fit  GkD  GkH  GkS  Tac  Tec  Men  WWY  Ada  Det  PlK  YoK  Dis  MaM  Mot
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Start		Minimal	(0.25*)	None			 1    1    1    1    1    1    1    3    2    2    1    1    1    2    2    2    1
2020/21		Minimal	(0.50*)	National B		 5    7    2    2    3    2    7    9    7    6    1    5    6    6    7    7    7
2021/22		Minimal (0.75*)	National A		 8    10   3    3    3    3    10   10   8    6    1    6    7    7    8    9    9
2022/23		Nominal (1.25*)	Continental B		 12   12   4    4    5    3    12   12   11   6    1    8    9    9    20   12   12
2023/24		Decent  (1.75*)	Continental A		 13   13   4    5    6    3    14   13   12   6    1    9    11   10   20   13   13

End of Season Review

Season 2024/25

FC United of Manchester

Errea is named new technical sponsor of FC United of Manchester!

League Table - Despite being very poor at home (twelve league defeats), our amazing away form (fifteen league wins) saw the club qualify for the end of season play offs.

Play Offs - Despite beating Chester home and away during the league campaign, they proved too strong in the playoffs, as we lose in the first round, ending our season.

League Fixtures 1, 2 & 3 - Strange home form and equally strange, though I don't mind this one, away form.  We took one point from twenty one in our last seven home games.

F. A. Cup - A dreadful performance at home to mid table League Two side Grimsby Town sent us crashing out in the first round.  If nothing else, this shows the gulf between ourselves and the league above.

F. A. Trophy - A poor performance as we lost at home to Harrogate Town in the first round, in a replay, having salvaged a draw in Yorkshire.  Very disappointing.

Pre Season Friendlies - A decent enough set of run outs.

Squad - They continue to develop, though we clearly over achieved this season.  The squad is now entirely home grown through the academy.

Squad Dynamics - As you would expect, it is a big love in.

Transfers In - None.

Transfers Out - Just the two permanent departures, not counting those released and the obvious highlight is the £2.5m sale of Alan Benson YP22F22 to Reading.

Youth Candidates - No superstars but enough potential to be labelled another "Golden Generation".  Joseph O'Connell YP25B66 looks like the brightest prospect.

Finances - Very healthy indeed, purely down to the sale of Alan Benson YP22F22.

Key Players

Stuart Bloomfield YP23G39 - The young striker has really stepped up since the departure of Tunde Owolabi.  Often deployed on the right wing and finding some success there too.

Özer Demir YP22C19 - The left winger continues to go from strength to strength.  Although he is over it now, he had a huge sulk on during the season because I blocked a transfer to Football League club, who offered a paltry £12,500.

Obi Obi YP22E21 - The right back continues to develop and continues to be one of the first names on the teamsheet.

Dean Curran YP21C3 - Centre back who marshalls the defence well.

Ryan Jackson YP23E37 - Usually playing the holding midfield role, he continues to improve.

Next Season

Another play off push.

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications          Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                      1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2020/21    Minimal = (0.75*) ↑   National B ↑↑             7 ↑   6 ↑   3 ↑   2 ↑   2 ↑   2 ↑   6 ↑   7 ↑   7 ↑   4 =   1 =   5 ↑   5 ↑   6 ↑  10 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑
2021/22    Nominal ↑ (1.50*) ↑   Continental B ↑↑↑        12 ↑  10 ↑   4 ↑   5 ↑   3 ↑   4 ↑  10 ↑  10 ↑  10 ↑   4 =   1 =   9 ↑   8 ↑   9 ↑  18 ↑  11 ↑  10 ↑
2022/23    Nominal = (1.50*) =   Continental A ↑          13 ↑  12 ↑   5 ↑   6 ↑   4 ↑   4 =  11 ↑  12 ↑  11 ↑   4 =   1 =  10 ↑  10 ↑  11 ↑  20 ↑  12 ↑  12 ↑
2023/24    Decent ↑  (2.00*) ↑   Continental Pro ↑        13 =  13 ↑   6 ↑   7 ↑   5 ↑   5 ↑  12 ↑  12 =  13 ↑   4 =   1 =  11 ↑  10 =  11 ↑  20 =  13 ↑  13 ↑
2024/25    Decent =  (2.00*) =   Continental Pro =        13 =  13 =   6 =   7 =   5 =   5 =  12 =  12 =  13 =   4 =   1 =  11 =  10 =  11 =  20 =  14 ↑  14 ↑

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Data Analysis Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Basic                Basic             Poor                      Adequate              Average          Fairly Basic       Local   (1.00*)
2020/21    Basic =              Basic =           Poor =                    Adequate =            Excellent ↑↑↑    Good ↑↑↑           Local = (1.00*) =
2021/22    Basic =              Basic =           Poor =                    Adequate =            Exceptional ↑    Good ↑             Local = (1.00*) =
2022/23    Basic =              Below Average ↑   Poor =                    Adequate =            Exceptional =    Excellent ↑        Local = (1.00*) =
2023/24    Basic =              Below Average =   Poor =                    Adequate =            Exceptional =    Excellent =        Local = (1.00*) =
2024/25    Basic =              Below Average =   Poor =                    Adequate =            Exceptional =    Exceptional ↑      Local = (1.00*) =

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21      57        30       12       15         111              67                +44
2021/22      61        27       14       20         103              76                +27
2022/23      53        24       13       16          84              53                +31
2023/24      50        30       10       10          89              49                +40
2024/25      

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Time At Club
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21          57        30       12       15         111              67                +44               325 days
2021/22         118        57       26       35         214             143                +71               689 days
2022/23         171        81       39       51         298             196               +102             1,053 days
2023/24         221       111       49       61         387             245               +142             1,424 days
2024/25         273       136       56       81         474             319               +155             1,777 days

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------
2023/24    Vanarama National League North.

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------
Vanarama National League North (2023/24).

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

2020/21           N/a                N/a               Vanarama National League North        4th       First round                     N/a           Lost on penalties in the playoff final.  Third round of the F. A. Trophy.
2021/22           N/a                N/a               Vanarama National League North       12th ↓     Second round ↑                  N/a           Mid table mediocrity.  Semi finals of the F. A. Trophy.
2022/23           N/a                N/a               Vanarama National League North        6th ↑     First round ↓                   N/a           Lost in the first round of the playoffs.  First round of the F. A. Trophy.
2023/24           N/a                N/a               Vanarama National League North        1st ↑     Fourth qualifying round ↓       N/a           Promoted as champions.  Third qualifying round of the F. A. Trophy.
2024/25           N/a                N/a               Vanarama National League              6th ↑     First round ↑                   N/a           Lost in first round of the play offs.  First round of the F. A. Trophy.

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21    Nick Ryder YP21D4                         4
2021/22    Nick Ryder YP21D4                        53
2022/23    Nick Ryder YP21D4                        99
2023/24    Dean Curran YP21C3                      144
2024/25    Dean Curran YP21C3                      184

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Goals
---------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21    No one!                                0
2021/22    Dean Curran YP21C3                     2
           Nick Ryder YP21D4                      2
2022/23    Dean Curran YP21C3                     9
2023/24    Özer Demir YP22C19                    27
2024/25    Özer Demir YP22C19                    42

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Assists
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21    Nick Ryder YP21D4                       1
2021/22    Nick Ryder YP21D4                      14
2022/23    Nick Ryder YP21D4                      24
2023/24    Nick Ryder YP21D4                      31
2024/25    Nick Ryder YP21D4                      40

1637336103_BognorRegisCrest.png.5db8a3451224c1aa595f37e94dd6017d.png

Bognor Regis Town FC: 2024/25 Review

In all honesty this season was a disaster for us, and the less said about it the better. We strengthened well over the summer hoping to improve on losing in the play-offs last time around. Gael Kileba, Luke Davies and left back Kevin Berkoe all departed the club, and we replaced them and more with five new arrivals. Winger Harrison Brook joined on a season long loan from Portsmouth and central midfielder Gem Prout came in after his release by Tottenham. Our most established signing was probably Maurizio Pochettino who had spent the last couple of seasons with Hemel Hempstead and impressed. He joined on a free transfer and could play on both flanks and added depth to our options.

We started the season well and by the turn of the year we were sat in 4th place. Hopes were high that we could gain some more consistency over the latter stages of the season and push on towards the title. That never materialised though, and instead we found ourselves woefully out of form and dropping from the pace. We went into the final game of the season needing to match the result of Slough Town just to scramble into 7th and secure the last play-off spot. Slough could only manage a draw, but we conceded a 91st minute winner to lose 3-4 and miss out of the play-offs on goal difference.

2024-25.thumb.png.207bc8e91a2c6d5fd086fa6f2455af2c.png

Winger Harrison Brook endured a positive campaign on loan from Portsmouth, but creatively we struggled a little. Yet again it was only really Jaden Thompson-Brissett who stood out. He managed another 29 league goas this season, winning the top goal scorer award for the division in the process.

Despite our disappointment in the league we actually did better that normal in the FA Cup this season. We won 2-0 at home to Fleet and then 2-1 away at Welling United to reach the final qualification round and were drawn at home to Sutton United. A superb display saw us win 3-1 and reach the First Round proper for the first time under my management. We drew Oxford City in what should have been a winnable tie. A drab 0-0 at our place meant a replay, but we performed terribly and crashed out 0-3. In the FA Trophy we drew Concord away in the final qualifying round, and picked up a strong 1-0 victory to progress. Dulwich Hamlet awaited us in the First Round, and at home we really deserved to win. We couldn’t and a 1-1 draw meant a replay which we lost 0-3.

A really disappointing season, although there are some positives. To miss out on the play-offs only via goal difference is frustrating, but baring in mind we were poor for nearly half a season shows that we are a decent side. I reckon with the right additions we can look to perform much better next time around. Financially we are still suffering, but rumours are circulating that we are going to be taken over by a fans trust. It’ll be interesting to see what happens for sure.

2031722932_BognorR.thumb.png.301095b579ef54586715f35b38de1643.png

Weston-super-Mare A.F.C. - Wikipedia

Weston-super-Mare

Season 2024-2025

Season summary

Streaky. It was how I previously described our form, and it's proven very apt yet again.

We'll get to the league campaign shortly, but there appears to now be three certainties in life: death, taxes and us getting knocked out of the Carabao Cup in the first round. This year Shrewsbury smashed us 3-0, and it could've easily been 5 or 6. Absolutely dreadful. We made the knockout stages of the Football League Trophy, before being knocked out on penalties to League Two Yeovil. Another abysmal performance. However, the FA Cup was a much better affair this year. A 2-1 win at Doncaster was followed by a 3-1 win over Kingstonian in round 2, to set up a home tie with Championship Mansfield Town in round 3. Not quite the glamour tie we were hoping for. A 1-1 draw at home was followed by one of our best performances of the season in the replay, winning 4-0 and taking us through to face Reading in round 4. 2-0 down just before the hour, we fought back to 2-2, before conceding again and losing 3-2. Still, a good run for the finances.

We started the league campaign really well, with 8 wins and 3 draws in our first 12 games. An unbelievable start, and my fears of a relegation struggle were quashed. I was really pleased with how the new signings had settled, and I was starting to think we might be able to genuinely keep up with some of the pacesetters. A little unrealistic, but you've got to aim high, right? We won 3 of the next 8, before claiming 7 points from the next 3 games meant that at the half way stage of the campaign we had amassed an incredible 44 points. We had what I thought was a sticky patch as we moved into the new year, with 4 wins from 9, meaning we were still firmly in the playoff picture, and only just behind Cardiff in 2nd. 

I was wrong. A single win in both February and March meant that we went into the run-in sat in fourth (somehow), but with a 10 point cushion from the team in 7th. We were going through an horrific injury spell, with Timmy Abraham the biggest loss. Losing both first choice wingers, both full backs and a central midfielder demonstrated that whilst our first team was solid, our squad completely lacked depth. We got them all back during the run-in, but had to manage them back carefully, as I wanted them fit for the play-offs. I didn't anticipate losing 4 on the bounce and leaving ourselves falling outside of the play-offs in the penultimate game of the season. We faced mid-table Shrewsbury at home, whilst Wigan, above us on goal difference, hosted 8th place Blackpool, themselves still holding out hope of making the play-offs with a win and us failing to do the same. Blackpool won at Wigan, and opened the door for us. We bucked the poor run, winning 2-1, and sealing 6th place and a tie with Portsmouth.

The last time we were in a play-off, we went up having only scored once and not conceding across three games. A Xavier Simons brace, either side of a goal for them, gave us a 2-1 lead to take to Fratton Park for the return leg. We lost 1-0 to a penalty, meaning we were heading to the dreaded shootout. I needn't have worried, as 4 perfect penalties, teamed with two brilliant saves from Carl Rushworth sent us to Wembley to face Cardiff, who had fallen away and finished 4th. We won a game each during the season, so I was confident we had a chance. 1-0 down to another penalty, despite dominating the game, we went into the break behind. We continued dominating after half-time, and centre back Andrew Wilson nodded in an equaliser, bringing us level. We continued to attack, and it seemed fitting that star striker Timmy Abraham, who I had almost broken the bank to bring in after last season's scoring exploits, would net what would prove to be the winner with 15 minutes to go. Absolute scenes for the 4,963 fans we took with us (compared to the heartache for the 46,797 Cardiff fans at the other end). The Championship, here we come!

Our squad still contains 3 of our Vanarama South winning squad in George Dowling, Josh Eppiah and Daniel Ballard. The latter two didn't play masses of games this season, and will be heading off to pastures new in the summer, but Dowling played 36 times across all competitions, scoring 8 goals, and is still under contract for next season. I think heart will rule head on this one, and I'll keep him around. His wages aren't too high at all, and I think he could prove a useful back-up option next season.

As you may have figured out, we managed to bring in both Carl Rushworth and Timmy Abraham on permanent deals following their successful loan campaigns last season, and both were instrumental again. Rushworth kept 16 clean sheets, and Abraham was the only player to get into double figures in terms of goals, netting 22. Six players joined us on loan, and all contributed well, but the centre back pairing of Wilson and Oliver Denham were solid too.

League table

1284830556_SkyBetLeagueOne_Stages.thumb.png.fc9ef6862950f7fd048a130e6e4b6b4a.png

Finances

1283808131_Weston-super-Mare_Summary-5.thumb.png.31219e66dd007e6c92e1771e684e9aaf.png

Transfers

1051842507_Weston-super-Mare_TransferHistory-6.thumb.png.20534b26709f2006d43181183768b92e.png404880258_Weston-super-Mare_TransferHistory-7.thumb.png.094436bea506650f0d00184ff96a94de.png

Next steps

Well, last season I was hoping just for survival in League One, and now we're preparing for life in the Championship. We've been given a transfer budget for the first time, which feels bizarre. No real aims other than survival. Getting into the Championship means third round start for the FA Cup, which is a positive for the finances. Like most summers, it'll be one of rebuilding. I think I did a good job of recruiting well for League One, and now it'll be about keeping the core of the squad together and bring in some quality to give us a chance of staying up. Priority is another player who can consistently hit the back of the net. Onwards and upwards!

BarwellFC.png

Barwell FC - 2021-2022

Roster : Table : Fixtures : Finances : Transfers : Vision : Past Positions : Preview 

Manager Profile-Attributes : Club : Stats Teams-Players : Awards : Best 11 : Records

Going into our second season at Barwell I had two main goals. The first was to gain promotion and the second was a decent Cup run to help with our finances. On the league side we hung around mid table the for the first 5 weeks or so. Then we climbed up into a playoff spot and never left it for the rest of the season. Going into the last match day we only needed a draw to win the league. We beat Braintree 2-0 to win the league and gain promotion!  In the FA Cup we beat Royston, Lowestoft Town, and Boston Utd in the qualifying rounds to reach the 1st Round against Sutton Utd. Unfortunately it was not our day and we lost 1-0 knocking us out of the competition. The FA Trophy though was a different story. We made it all the way to the Final where we met the team that knocked us out of the FA Cup and the promotion playoffs last year. This year though we exacted revenge and won 2-0 (Highlights) to claim the FA Trophy and pull of a Double. As a result of winning the league we have been promoted but will have to switch grounds. Due to league rules we will be moving from Kirkby Road to Liberty Way  in Nuneaton. I also claimed the manager of the year award. 

Roster wise we had many players in throughout the whole year on trials. We were able to get some good players from Premiere League clubs whose youth contracts just expired. Dermot Mee, Imaad Sankoh, and Lestyn Hughes are all youngster from the top division. Jordan Cranston and Sam Barnes are two good non contract players we got later on. Theo Widdrington was out of contract from our parent club Bristol so we snapped him up. We did take on Joe Budd from our parent club and he had an ok season. Was hoping to get more impact players from them but nobody wanted to come.

Financially it was a good season. We were well within our wage budget and with the prize money from the FA trophy we have a balance of 137k in the positive.

A very successful 2nd season is in the books. Going up I don't think this team is in any real danger of having to fight off relegation. I think with an added player or two we will be in the top half going for a playoff spot.

• Top Players:
    • Mazeed Ogungbo-Free from Arsenal- Our rock in CB. Strong all season. Unfortunately he is refusing to sign a new deal and wont be back.
    • Jack Evans- Free from Blackburn- Strong in the middle of the park. Scored 5 and setup 8.
    • Imaad Sankoh- Free from Watford-Had a good season on the wing. Scored 8 goals and 4 assists. Was hoping for more goals setup but he was very strong overall every match. Getting caps for Sierra Leone.
    • Kyle McFarlane-A strong first full season after coming in partway through last season. Set a new club season record with 24 goals.
    • Mitchell George-Last years top scorer missed out on matching that number by 1 scoring 19 this year but did play less.
    • Theo Widdrington- Free from Bristol Rovers-A madman in the midfield. Scored 14 goals from the center of the park and added 6 assists.
    • Michael Tait-Free from Aston Villa- Good season with 15 goals

Fans Goal of the Year

So many updates didn't realise it had gone to another page:ackter:as always good luck to newcomers, as for myself i have gained back to back titles so league 2 here we come, shall do an update in next day or so. Just wondering with us turning professional and club being 350K in the red any tips in general for going up to L2 changing to full time contracts etc, is everyone going to want 3 year plus deals ? As you know not really played much at this level before. Thanks

Whitby Town - 2038/2039

2038/2039 Premier League 15th FAC: 3rd round, Carabao: 3rd round Excellent Excellent Exceptional Adequate 14830 (14830) Cont. Pro (£26.2m) 12-8 Lorenzo De Rubertis - 18 Kevin Alexander / Tiarnán Livingstone - 6 Lorenzo De Rubertis - 7.14 (35) Jake Brennan - 3 £44.39m £466k p/w

First season in the Premier League was interesting. Featured both an 8-1 win and a 7-0 loss. Transfers were almost all transfer listed players with the exception of Marcelo Olivera, a Premier League ready central midfielder playing in Uruguay. In the end, the best transfer was Lorenzo De Rubertis whose Serie A team had been relegated letting us steal him for cheap. In a pretty unsuccessful season, he managed to lead the Premier League in goals. Two players with over 300 appearances left the club as Rakish Kane and Daniel Lloyd had become bench players but both wanted to still play regularly. Despite finishing 15th, relegation was never a major concern. We blitzed out to a hot start and coasted, helped by the fact that there were three genuinely terrible teams. 25 points would have been enough. Money poured in despite still only having a capacity of 14,830. The board wouldn't agree to a new stadium, though they did promise to expand by 8000 seats so we'll be playing in Middlesbrough next season. Facilities will once again be upgraded and our youth level is now 1. Next season we've been given a budget of 54m, so we could see a lot of moves.

League Table - 

Squad Stats -

Transfers -

3aatxvF.png

SEASON REVIEW: 2024/25
Squad : League Table : Finances : Transfers : League Fixtures 1 2 : FA Cup Fixtures : FA Trophy Fixtures

Media Prediction (start of season): 18th
Board Expectations: Avoid Relegation (required); FA Cup 1st round (required); FA Trophy 2nd round (preferred)

Transfers

I did not plan on making a large splash in the transfer market coming into this season. Joseph Cain (Man City), Steven Mulgrew (Tottenham) and Thomas Donohue (Man City) are three Premier League youngsters who didn't make the cut with the big boys that I was able to secure on non-contracts to come down to the lower leagues and provide us some much needed depth. Brad Shrouder is a 19-year old Liverpool castoff who looked to provide an upgrade on the left wing. The main position I was looking to upgrade heading into the season was at keeper, and Ryan Huddart arrived just after our second match of the season. He is a 27-year old who came through Arsenal's youth system. He has played VNL soccer for the last 5 seasons with Bromley, making 179 appearances for them. He was brought in on a three year deal to provide some experience and stability at the back while we try to develop a younger keeper. I also spent some time looking for a second striker. Nathan Jenkins joined us about a month into the season looking likely to be an upgrade over last year's hero, Joe Piggott, who only had middling ratings for the VNL level.

Season Recap

A new season in a new league is an exciting time. What could we bring to the table? Would our championship players from last season have what it takes to stay and thrive at the next level? We opened the season with an away match at Harrogate. We conceded a goal two minutes into the match with a second to follow five minutes later in a 4-1 loss. This was not the start I had in mind with my pregame speech!! We drew 0-0 at home to Wealdstone in our next match, but the month of August was brutal with that draw being the only point we would salvage from our first five matches. September began with a home match against 4th place Stockport and another 0-0 draw for our second point of the season. Unfortunately we had five straight matches where we didn't find the back of the net. It was the 10th match of the season before we tasted victory with a 2-1 home win against Solihull Moors. Brad Shrouder and Nathan Jenkins were disappointments so far as our new vaunted additions to the offense. We only manged to score five goals in our first 10 matches of the season. At least there were other teams struggling at the bottom of the table, and that victory propelled us to 21st place and within shouting distance of leaving the relegation zone.

The first victory provided some hope and a gradual uptick in form as we finally crawled out of the relegation zone on October 12th with a brilliant 4-0 victory at Woking. We had now won 3 matches out of our last 4 and things were trending in the right direction. The Woking match saw 9 of our players named to the Team of the Week! Unfortunately our poor form quickly returned with an exit from the FA Cup and two league losses to close out the month.

On November 1st we were in 21st position and in desperate need of some offense and return to good form. We conceded a 90+2 minute equalizer and a 75th minute equalizer 3 days later to find away to snatch draws out of the hands of victory. I worried that those four lost points might come back to haunt us at the end of the season, because this campaign looked to be a long, drawn-out battle to avoid the dreaded drop. However, those two draws were the beginning of an eleven match unbeaten run (7 wins) culminating in a New Year's Day 4-2 victory at the struggling Wealdstone. We were now 16th in the table with 36 points and looked to be set for a mid-table finish. 

That New Year's Day victory would prove to be our only league win of the month. We only managed to score one other league goal in January, but managed three draws in the month on the backs of our defense. I don't think I've mentioned Peter Kioso in my previous recaps, but he's been an anchor at right back since joining us mid-season in the 2022-23 campaign. He shows League 2 potential, and he earned his first international cap for the Democratic Republic of Congo this season. Although prone to yellow (card) fever he's been great for us. Unfortunately, our board thought a $16k offer was "too good to pass up" and decided to sell him at the end of January. :mad: Thankfully, I was able to get them to reconsider the transfer, and we were able to extend his contract through 2027.

February and March saw us only lose two matches total. Ryan Huddart was phenomenal as a backstop all year long and managed to go 6 weeks without conceding a goal during this stretch (574 minutes). Nathan Jenkins had been a disappointment up front all season, but finally found some form in February and won himself Young Player of the Month. That really was the only highlight of his season though as I went back to last year's machine of Joe Piggott who had a great second half run for us again.

On April 1 we had five matches remaining and were clearly safe from relegation with 55 points. We were 8 points back of a playoff spot (boy, those 4 points dropped at the beginning of November could have helped!), so unless things went spectacularly for us in a number of ways we were pretty much secure in our place for the season. We had three away matches followed by 2 home matches, just like last season. A 0-0 away draw to soon to be relegated Solihull Moors removed any thoughts of the playoffs, and we coasted through the final month of the season. After dropping two in a row we ended the season with a home victory and finished the season with 62 points and solid 13th place finish. All in all, a moderately successful campaign for a team that was expected to struggle to avoid relegation. 

Our rivals AFC Telford managed to win their second straight playoff promotion and beat us to League 2. Hopefully we will be joining them before too long.

Cup Competitions

The jump to the Vanarama National League meant we got to enter the FA Cup in the 4th and final qualifying round this season. We drew away to recently promoted to the VNN Lowestoft. A Joe Piggott penalty in the 52nd minute tied the score at 1, but we couldn't punch home the winner, and headed back to Hednesford for the replay four days later. The first round draw for the winner would be against National League leading Aldershot, so the potential was there for a nice payday if we could win the replay. Unfortunately, there were no benefits to being at home for us as the boys did not show up to play, and we lost 2-0. Once again, we failed to live up to the board's expectations in the FA Cup and missed out on the associated prize money for victory.

We entered the FA Trophy at the first round with an away match against Harrogate and won 1-0. We drew as the home team in round 2 against Grimsby and won 2-1. Struggling Woking were our 3rd round matchup. We drew 1-1 in an away match and headed home for the replay and a potential spot in the quarterfinals. Once again, there was no such thing as home field advantage. We lost 1-0 for another disappointing exit to the cup competitions for this year.

Finances

Our payroll budget for the year was $633k which was not problematic for me. As always, we are struggling financially. We showed a "profit" of $97,562 but the board had to invest over $700k this year for operating costs. Once again, a potential fall takeover was squashed this season. The number of season tickets for this season increased from 272 to 344. Our attendance this season was last in the league with an average of 734. We were one of only three teams in the league to average less than 1000 in attendance. The uptick in attendance was primarily due to larger numbers of away fans attending games at the new level. However the last couple months of the season did see our "home" attendance increase to a little over 600 per game which is a significant increase from the past. Hopefully those numbers will continue to rise, and soon, because we desperately need to find some more income. Average sponsorship income in the Vanarama National League is $120k. Our sponsorship income this season was $6.5k. A small FA Cup run with home matches would be perfect.

Youth Intake

Our youth intake seemed a little more substantial this year with a lot of wingers to choose from. Overall, five youth contracts were handed out with the most promising prospect being Blake Dallison_25A. Steven Saye_25B is a native of Hednesford who also shows some promise at D(C). A couple of youngsters from my first youth intake at Hednesford have spent the last couple of years on loan and look like they are ready to start fighting for a spot in the first team.

Player Stat Leaders

Top Goalscorer: Joe Piggott (12)
Highest Average Rating: Isaac Fletcher (7.07)
Most Assists: Amrit Bansal-McNulty (8)

Awards

Vanarama National Young Player of the Month for February: Nathan Jenkins

Goals for Next Season

In the end of season meeting, I told the boys I thought we'd challenge for a mid-table finish (I lied--I expect a playoff push!!), but most of them acted very negatively, expecting us to get battle relegation again next year. The board also expects us to "fight bravely against relegation" in their end of season expectations meeting for the coming year, with a top-half finish expected by the end of 2028/29. That timeline is way too slow for my tastes, but they disagreed with me trying to set too aggressive of a timeline. They have provisionally set the payroll at $726k for the next year.

My goals for the season are as follows:

1. Find a little depth, particularly at full back and midfield. Some of the younger players struggled with rest and fitness the last third of the season. Three more Premier League youth castoffs are joining us on non-contracts to provide some coverage on the wings and up front. I'd like to find a couple cheap backup options for fullback. I'm also thinking about finding someone who is more of a natural as a DM. We used a cautious 4-1-4-1 DM counter-attacking formation against some of our tougher opponents this year, and I'd like to find a better fit at that DM spot. The problem with that is we don't use that formation all too often throughout the year.
  2. I need to figure out what to do with Benjamin Mensah. He's been on long with us ever since I've taken over at Hednesford and fits in well. I have some young guys that I need to start to see what they have however. I'll probably try to bring him back for one more season, especially if we can continue to get him without having to pay anything for his services. If nothing else it will provide some much needed depth back there.
  3. I really want to do better in the cup competitions. We have to make it to at least the first round of FA Cup. I also want to see us contend for the FA Trophy.
  4. I really think we should be a top-half team at worst this next season, but I'm really hoping we are in the playoffs. 
  5. It's time to start to see what the first group of youth players can do. There are a couple of guys from my first intake class who look ready to start fighting for time in the first team.

Career Overview

2023/24					Vanarama National League North		1st		Promoted as Champion; FA Cup 4Q Round; FA Trophy 2nd Round
2024/25					Vanarama National League		13th		FA Cup 4Q Round; FA Trophy 3rd Round

Season Record

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23		53	29	11	13	74		48		+26			Head Coach of the Month (3x)
2023/24		52	31	11	10	93		54		+39			Head Coach of the Month (4x), Head Coach of the Season
2024/25		52	18	16	18	56		53		+3

Totals:		257	106	61	90	328		293		+35

Personal Coaching Data

2023/24		Decent (1.75*)	Continental A		 13   13   4    5    6    3    14   13   12   6    1    9    11   10   20   13   13
2024/25		Decent (1.75*)	Continental A		 13   13   4    5    6    3    14   13   12   6    1    9    11   10   20   14   14

Edited by Brent Jolicoeur

Quick question for those of you in the latter part of your saves. Did you find player recruitment more challenging once you made the step up to the Championship? Up until now, my system of bringing in anyone released by premier league clubs for a trial, coupled with careful use of the loan system, has served me well. This summer feels a bit different, as I haven’t really found anyone so far who I think is up to the standard needed for the Championship.

I’m also wondering what people are paying in terms of wages per week at this level too. In League One, Timmy Abraham’s £2.7k per week was far and away my highest wage, with no one else over £2k. How does this compare with everyone else?

2 hours ago, numero uno gunner said:

Quick question for those of you in the latter part of your saves. Did you find player recruitment more challenging once you made the step up to the Championship? Up until now, my system of bringing in anyone released by premier league clubs for a trial, coupled with careful use of the loan system, has served me well. This summer feels a bit different, as I haven’t really found anyone so far who I think is up to the standard needed for the Championship.

At that stage players released by premiere clubs arent as effective as the good ones will be targeted by other Premiere league clubs and the rest will be below Championship quality. In Championship I'm looking to raid foreign players for out of contract or cheap buys.

3 hours ago, lfc7 said:

When getting promoted to L2 do you HAVE to put everyone on a full time contract ? i put a post further up asking about moving up to L2, but guess it was missed.Thanks

I put my staff on full time right away. Players only do as they come in new, contract expired, or if an existing player I see as able to stay when we move to to league 1 and needs the extra training.

12 hours ago, GoalieManPat121 said:

I put my staff on full time right away. Players only do as they come in new, contract expired, or if an existing player I see as able to stay when we move to to league 1 and needs the extra training.

That helps thanks 

3aatxvF.png

SEASON REVIEW: 2025/26
Squad : League Table : Finances : Transfers : League Fixtures 1 2 : FA Cup Fixtures : FA Trophy Fixtures

Media Prediction (start of season): 16th 
Board Expectations: Avoid Relegation (required); FA Cup 1st round (required); FA Trophy 2nd round (preferred)

For some reason I was having a lot of trouble getting screenshots saved this time, so I don't have any other than the League Table and Transfer History right now. I will try to get this resolved and updated tomorrow with the appropriate screenshots/links.

Transfers

I brought in another 3 youngsters on non-contracts who didn't make it with their Premier League clubs this year: Tyler Kilpartrick (Chelsea), Frank Vann (Arsenal), and Dylan Beale (Liverpool). Tariq Hinds was brought in on a non-contract to provide cover at both fullback positions. Jimmy O'Donnell is a 19-yr old who was signed on a free as a 4-star RB who shows Championship potential on an extremely team-friendly contract. He looks to be better than Peter Kioso, which could cause morale issues down the road, but it's worth it for the long-term future. Aaron Henry was signed on a free in November as a 4-star M(C) to add some needed depth at that position.

Season Recap

I'm gutted. Sorry to give away the ending so soon, but I'm just destroyed by how the season ended. This recap will not be as lengthy or as much of a narrative as in the past (probably a good thing I guess?) because I just don't have the emotional capital right now to do a full write-up.

We started off the season pretty well, but had some troubling signs on the defensive line. We were picking up yellow cards at an unbelievable pace: 16 of them in our first 5 matches. Three players received suspensions from card accumulation in the first two months of the season. We were in or close to the playoff positions pretty much the entire campaign. After a little blip in form was corrected with three wins to end the month of September we found ourselves in 3rd place. Last season's new signings of Jenkins and Shrouder were really starting to round into form and looking like the players I'd hoped they be when I signed them. I transfer listed Joe Piggott and Sean Wilson at the start of the month since they were both wanted by other clubs, hoping to free up some dead money on the payroll.

Just after listing them (and accepting an offer for Wilson) I was told that we were in the process of a board takeover, and the transfer embargo was put in place, icing the deals before they could be realized. The takeover was completed on September 23rd with this wonderful message from the new president: "There are no plans to provide the club with any investment at this stage." Wonderful. Instead they took out a $200k bank loan for us to start paying back. 

October and November were a couple of rough months for us. We only picked up a total of 9 points during that time, and as December rolled around we were in 9th position. December through New Year's Day went swimmingly, winning 5 of 6 matches in that time period. We had a few matches postponed in that time, so fixture congestion looked to be rearing its ugly head come February and March. We started 2026 in the final playoff position, out of the cup competitions, and determined to prove the pundits wrong and make the playoffs. January and February were pretty mediocre for us, and as March rolled around we were still clinging to a one-point lead for the final playoff position.

If you've been following along with our story, you'll recognize that March typically isn't our strongest month. This season went very differently. The team played excellent, picking up a record of 5-1-0 on the month and not conceding a single goal during the last 5 matches. As a matter of fact, the defense had been really playing very well for a while, and we managed to only concede a total of 4 goals during the entire months of February and March. As we headed into the final month of the season we were in 4th place and 6pts clear of 8th. We looked good to make the playoffs and morale was high.

Then the wheels came off. We drew away to the 17th place team then lost away to first place and soon-to-be champions York. Our next match was thankfully at home against relegation-candidates Harrogate, but we only managed a 1-1 draw. We were in 6th place, and our next match was away against Barnet who was only 1 point behind us in the standings. We couldn't break down their defense despite dominating most of the match statistics and lost 1-0. The last match of the season saw us in 8th place, but it was a tight race. Sixth through ninth place were only separated by three points,  and the last two playoff spots were up for grabs. We played at home against 11th place Cambridge, but the other three teams we were competing aginst were all playing the 21st-23rd place teams. We conceded a penalty in the 21st minute and another goal soon after to find ourselves down 2-0 at half time. Amazingly enough, results in the other matches favored us, so if we could manage a comeback, we looked good to sneak into the playoffs in dramatic fashion. A Brad Shrouder goal soon after half provided a bright ray of hope, but unfortunately we couldn't find the back of the net anymore and lost at home 2-1 to finish the season in 9th place.

Cup Competitions

We drew away against VNN bottom-feeders Basford in the final qualifying round of the FA cup. A 1-1 draw saw us head home for a replay, and I hoped for better home replay results than we had last season in the cups. An own-goal in the 75th minute gave us a 2-1 lead, but we gave up the equalizer in the 88th minute. Extra time was scoreless, and we were headed to penalties. We went a perfect 4 for 4 to start, and a Basford shank on their 4th kick gave Brad Young the chance to step up and give us the victory. He converted and we were into the 1st round of the FA Cup for only the second time! The first round draw sent us away to League One Newport County. We were down 1-0 at halftime, but former Liverpool youngster Dylan Beale scored in the 48th minute to tie it up. The team played great, but Newport County converted on a corner kick in the 80th minute and sent us home wondering what could have been.

The FA Trophy first round draw gave us a home match against then VNN-leading South Shields. For the third season in a row I would be facing my former assistant manager. Home field provided no advantage to us once again, and we were knocked out in the first round 2-0.

Finances

Another year with the same story. Our payroll budget for the year was $726k. We are still nowhere near breaking even as a club. The board takeover (plus subsequent bank loan) added $455k to our income for the year, but we still had a loss for the year of ($229,900).  One change I've made this season is I'm no longer putting appearance and unused substitute bonus clauses in contracts.

We are slowly increasing our attendance numbers. Season tickets increased to 381 this year. We ranked last in the league in attendance again, but the average for the year was 1004. Our "home" fans attendance showed a steady incline throughout the season. From August through December we averaged 702 home fans. That increased to an average of 803 from January through April, with our last 5 matches of the season increasing to an average of 870. If we can continue to show an increase in gate receipts, we won't be too much further away from breaking even. Our sponsorship income is still abysmal, only $9.2k--well below the league average.

Youth Intake

Our youth intake this year was numerous, but mediocre at best. Only 4 players with at least 2.5-star PA. Ahmed Igudia_26A and Daryl Townsend_26B showed as the two best on intake day.

Player Stat Leaders

Top Goalscorer: Brad Shrouder and Nathan Jenkins (14)
Highest Average Rating: Aaron Henry (7.21)
Most Assists: Mitchell Glover (10)

Awards

Head Coach of the Month: March

Goals for Next Season

I never really thought we would win in the playoffs, but it sure would have been nice to have the opportunity. Despite our success these past two seasons, the new board still only has the expectations of "avoid relegation" for the coming season. Unfortunately most of the players seem to have the same mindset. In our end-of-season meeting, I suggested a mid-table finish for the coming year and all but three of them them reacted as if I just insulted their dear mothers' honor. I don't understand how basically the same group of players who have just finished 13th and then 9th in back-to-back seasons, defying all expectations, expect a mid-table finish to be out of their reach. Personally, I'm hoping for a playoff position, but I can see us take a slight step back, as the plan is to start to turn things over to some of the younger players and build for the long-term future. 

I'm interested to see what sort of offers the summer transfer window may bring for some of my better players. There are a lot of "wanted" tags starting to float around my squad. I will continue to look for inexpensive talent to bring in, but don't have any immediate plans for the summer. Non-contract offers have been accepted by another group of failed Premier League youngsters. This will almost surely have been Benjamin Mensah's final season featuring in the first-team with us. If we are able to secure his services for a 6th year without any cost to us, I will do so to provide some cover and depth to our central defenders. 

Career Overview

2024/25					Vanarama National League		13th		FA Cup 4Q Round; FA Trophy 3rd Round
2025/26					Vanarama National League		9th		FA Cup 1st Round; FA Trophy 1st Round

Season Record

2022/23		53	29	11	13	74		48		+26			Head Coach of the Month (3x)
2023/24		52	31	11	10	93		54		+39			Head Coach of the Month (4x), Head Coach of the Season
2024/25		52	18	16	18	56		53		+3
2026/26		50	22	11	17	66		51		+15			Head Coach of the Month (1x)

Totals:		307	128	72	107	394		344		+50

Personal Coaching Data

2023/24		Decent (1.75*)	Continental A		 13   13   4    5    6    3    14   13   12   6    1    9    11   10   20   13   13
2024/25		Decent (1.75*)	Continental A		 13   13   4    5    6    3    14   13   12   6    1    9    11   10   20   14   14
2025/26		Decent (2.00*)	Continental Pro		 14   14   5    6    7    4    15   14   13   10   1    10   12   12   20   16   15

Edited by Brent Jolicoeur
updated finances section

SCARBOROUGH ATHLETIC SEASON 1 21/22

FULL SEASON REVIEW

SAFC.thumb.png.0734b7b54cad6b1ed37a46f3296fbee0.png

WE DID THE DOUBLE !!!!

Great season for us as we finished top again to gain promotion to League Two, We also one the FA Trophy for the first time in Scarborough's history.

The main point of my save so far seems to be that I have yet to make an error in the transfer market. I don't expect this to last but it's been a great first two years in the challenge thus far. I managed to keep Joe West at LB but lost Hunt ( My Best MID in year one) To Derry CIty.

Made some quality signings this year including my Top Goalscorer Jordan Preston who banged in 20 Goals!                          1049021353_TopGoalscorer21-22.thumb.png.316fd9ee0cd96d035bb8fb6499160587.png

I managed to secure a few loans from Barnsley that really helped me along the way with rotation but at the back end of the season i struggled with Jaded players. Now i'm going professional i hope that fixes that issue.

1825273604_Transfers21-22.thumb.png.c0a798739f0d1c7dcd65de3ac707b8c9.png

And here is the final league table of the season 696685646_LeagueTable21-22.thumb.png.17b550d33ba55934420f64189a9cef7d.png

Wish me luck in the football league !!!!!

3 hours ago, Superowl90 said:

Just another quick update, Just as the transfer window started i was put under a transfer embargo due to a potential takeover. Hope 1) i keep my job lol and 2) have enough time to strengthen my squad 

it's not in this save, but my latest takeover, the new owner, before he lifted my transfer embargo, spent double the transfer budget on two future signings... and let me keep my job (after previously suggesting i would be out on my ear)

So whoever it is might do the strengthening for you! 

Im a really poor player at football manager but im deciding to give this a go, and the club i have ended up with is Harringey Borough F.C

It seems like most people use the same format for their posts, how are you all doing this so theyre identical? (might have made myself sound silly hope not)

18 hours ago, Mandy42 said:

it's not in this save, but my latest takeover, the new owner, before he lifted my transfer embargo, spent double the transfer budget on two future signings... and let me keep my job (after previously suggesting i would be out on my ear)

So whoever it is might do the strengthening for you! 

Nice! I wish that happened in my takeover. Instead, I got this:  "There are no plans to provide the club with any investment at this stage." 

9 minutes ago, Brent Jolicoeur said:

@FMunderachiever  Don't worry so much about copying what everyone else is doing. Just make it your own and tell your story! I look forward to hearing about it.

With that said if you have any questions, just send me a message, and I'll do what I can to help out!

Thanks mate!

ive got about 50 players on trial at the moment! aiming to get a season a week done and get Harringey up the leagues