FM 20 Tycoon takeover thread

Ross Ingersoll

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

into my 4th year of my current save and after i moved from QPR to Palace i have been tortured with takeovers - 

Y1 QPR CHAMP MID TABLE FINISH

Y2 QPR TOP AT XMAS APPROACHED BY PALACE

Y2 CRYSTAL PALACE SITTING 19TH IN PREM BUT COULDNT SAVE THEM

Y3 CLEAR OUT WON CHAMP WITH PALACE TAKEOVER HAPPENED IN OCT

Y4 TAKE OVER HAPPENED BEFORE START OR SEASON CURRENTLY TOP IN OCT AND AGAIN HAVE TRANSFER EMBARGO AS CLUB HAS HAD ANOTHER APPROACH

1st one was change of ownership no investment as i already had 150m in the bank from selling EVERYONE as found out no-one suited my formation. 

2nd one was a nightmare -  as part of his purchase had promised to sign 2 DMC's for a total of 50m. The issue was i had still 80m from all my sales and as they didn't top up the pot, the money came out of my transfer budget - luckily one of them said no, but presented me with the problem of having an overload in that position.

Over the course of the palace save i have had maybe 8 transfer embargoes due to approaches, worst being in the pre season of Y3 Y4 which left me with 1 week to sort my squad out before the transfer deadline. 

Has anyone else had this with crystal palace? 

On 17/01/2020 at 08:14, WI5ARD said:

into my 4th year of my current save and after i moved from QPR to Palace i have been tortured with takeovers - 

Y1 QPR CHAMP MID TABLE FINISH

Y2 QPR TOP AT XMAS APPROACHED BY PALACE

Y2 CRYSTAL PALACE SITTING 19TH IN PREM BUT COULDNT SAVE THEM

Y3 CLEAR OUT WON CHAMP WITH PALACE TAKEOVER HAPPENED IN OCT

Y4 TAKE OVER HAPPENED BEFORE START OR SEASON CURRENTLY TOP IN OCT AND AGAIN HAVE TRANSFER EMBARGO AS CLUB HAS HAD ANOTHER APPROACH

1st one was change of ownership no investment as i already had 150m in the bank from selling EVERYONE as found out no-one suited my formation. 

2nd one was a nightmare -  as part of his purchase had promised to sign 2 DMC's for a total of 50m. The issue was i had still 80m from all my sales and as they didn't top up the pot, the money came out of my transfer budget - luckily one of them said no, but presented me with the problem of having an overload in that position.

Over the course of the palace save i have had maybe 8 transfer embargoes due to approaches, worst being in the pre season of Y3 Y4 which left me with 1 week to sort my squad out before the transfer deadline. 

Has anyone else had this with crystal palace? 

Wrong topic to post in. This is for Tycoon saves mate.

Charlton Athetic tycoon Takeover

I had a career with Bolton going and only noticed this takeover once the transfer window closed and noticed the money Charlton had spent. This is a legit tycoon, no editor invloved though I do have 50% injuries & real name fix loaded.

Here is the link;

http://www.mediafire.com/file/30e0a3x435l9id1/AFC_Charlton_Tycoon.fm/file

On 24/01/2020 at 20:15, BasOM2000 said:

Newcastle United tycoon save! :)

Link: https://mega.nz/#!HQkjHCxK!ZQDCsBv7VALdXK0x6sn6bJq0hbHud8E0QwrkJDwWv8M

Enjoy the save ;) 

20200124210318_2.jpg

20200124210327_1.jpg

20200124210342_1.jpg

20200124210348_1.jpg

20200124210402_2.jpg

20200124210410_1.jpg

Looks an interesting save, there's another Newcastle Tycoon posted on page 1 that I'm playing. A few seasons in I'm still being backed well in the transfer market, second season it starts & in the PL.

Anyone got any Tycoons in Scotland?

Edited by toon army 06

honestly, if you are having issues getting them, i would just use pre game editor, change your chairman, click the sugar daddy option.  start the game but use brazils start date. that starts it like 6 months or so before your season starts, you can sign, sell players and play friendlies until it does. once may hits before your season you will get that extra money  from the tyoon for the coming season. It does seem harder to get them the other way this year

1 minute ago, Bravefc said:

Please guys say in the future say whether it is a Full version save or Touch. They are not cross compatible! 

I've observed that generally the saves that are posted in the Tycoon thread are full version saves, not Touch saves.

On 24/01/2020 at 20:15, BasOM2000 said:

Newcastle United tycoon save! :)

Link: https://mega.nz/#!HQkjHCxK!ZQDCsBv7VALdXK0x6sn6bJq0hbHud8E0QwrkJDwWv8M

Enjoy the save ;) 

Nice, in the Championship as well so total rebuild required. I started that first Newcastle one that was posted but then the tycoon chairman was trying to sell before we'd even got 3 months in :/

Am going to holiday to January with this save and then I might takeover at that stage - will be interested to see how Newcastle are doing in the league by then 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

have a decent challenge. Real Murcia C.F. S.A.D. which is in Spains third division , the tycoon just took over, its Dec. of 2021. It does have a rather large database with 30 top leagues playable and the rest on view only. you could always remove some of the leagues if you needed to. I used the most recent default database with the name changes addon, the weather mod and also a few things that give the save real agent names, reporters, etc. 

I will add this was done naturally, I didn't mess with any files or anything, just happened to happen in a save I advanced a couple years in, before anyone asks, this has attribute masking

https://mega.nz/#!F9sgAIzZ!jeEMJOj6Nqiix_9SdDJ4hjPUWwoJvTPC01AZcjf4jok

Edited by Ross Ingersoll

• 2 weeks later...

image.thumb.png.d657e452619ded7c4c9176ee145bd5b8.png

Another one 

btw I dont use Ingersoll method I just simply start as unemployer simulate 2 year sometimes +1 and check the owners. Maybe I'm very lucky but I got 3 and with 7 try which pretty good probably 

I'm still looking for Polish,German,France,Bulgarian tycoon 

Edited by Bochi Nibuku(cemetary blunts)

I will upload 5+1 tycoon packs. Sadly I started a save with  Zwolle and Pardubice and I overwrited the original file without backup save, but it wont happen again. 

The first tycoon pack will contain 2french,3italian and 1portugese team. 

Some save need further league update which included in the pack (lower leagues)

Teams: Rennes: Ligue1
            Us.Avranches:National (3rd league)

Sassaulo:Serie A
            Udinese:Serie A 
            Sampdoria:Serie A 

Aves:Portugese premier legue 

I'm only searching in these countries: Bulgaria,Czech,France,Germany,Italy,Netherland,Poland,Portugal,Spain

download link:https://www.mediafire.com/file/x6yzleuppxf17s1/Tycoon_pack1.rar/file

Tycoon pack3

Teams:

Italy:Recenatese (C)

England: Preston 2nd league 
                Stoke 2nd league 

Bulgaria: Dunav Ruse 1st league got relegation 

France: Paris F.C Ligue 2 2023 
              Guingamp Ligue 1 2023 

download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/zz4vm3d8yb3oyri/tycoonpack3.rar/file

On 21/03/2020 at 04:55, Bochi Nibuku(cemetary blunts) said:

Also I would like to ask leagues where chairman changed by elections could happen tycoon takeover? 

i dont think thats possible, for example Germany will never have a tycoon unless the pre game editor or edts are used. . these are the countrys that cant have tycoons........

## No Rich Individual Takeovers
"NO_RICH_INDIVIDUAL_TAKEOVER" "Germany"
"NO_RICH_INDIVIDUAL_TAKEOVER" "Finland"
"NO_RICH_INDIVIDUAL_TAKEOVER" "Denmark"
"NO_RICH_INDIVIDUAL_TAKEOVER" "Sweden"
"NO_RICH_INDIVIDUAL_TAKEOVER" "Brazil"
"NO_RICH_INDIVIDUAL_TAKEOVER" "Turkey"

On 02/04/2020 at 11:33, Bochi Nibuku(cemetary blunts) said:

Tycoon pack3

Teams:

Italy:Recenatese (C)

England: Preston 2nd league 
                Stoke 2nd league 

Bulgaria: Dunav Ruse 1st league got relegation 

France: Paris F.C Ligue 2 2023 
              Guingamp Ligue 1 2023 

download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/zz4vm3d8yb3oyri/tycoonpack3.rar/file

how many leagues you have set as playable on these tycoons, might try one or two of them. not used a tycoon this year yet

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, first post here.  Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask....  I'm a Liverpool fan but didn't fancy starting a game with those expectations and largely no need to buy or sell anyone, so I took over Newcastle as they have always been my second team.  However, I did make it easier for myself by turning Mike Ashley into Terrence McKenna and adding ultimate supporter happiness and patience etc, and providing a transfer and wage budget that would make Man City weep.  I did this with the pre game editor. 

Trouble is now, McKenna is still technically Ashley and a takeover have been almost happening for most of my entire first season, with the transfer embargo that comes with that. The guy who wants to buy us might not even be a tycoon, and I think any takeover would make us poorer not richer. 

I have the ingame editor but I can't seem to find any way to change the status of the club so that it stops seeking a takeover.

Is there any way to achieve this? Or do I just have to wait as long as it takes to go through then go into ingame editor and restore my stellar finances if they have been affected?

Thanks in advance

On 10/05/2020 at 14:08, Utah_CUtiger said:

Is there a way to search for tycoon takeovers in game? I tried searching under my news feed but got nothing. I'm resorting to just looking through teams 1 by 1 but is there a faster way?

It's not the most efficient way, but I'm in 2043 so I'm looking through European Competitions + European Leagues towards the end of their respective seasons and any club that stands out as weird I'm checking and I've found 4 Tycoon takeovers this way.

Another way to check would be go to scouting and sort players by highest wage. Again, if any strange club has a player on £100,000p/w+ I'm checking their landmark history. Found 2/3 more this.

On 10/05/2020 at 14:08, Utah_CUtiger said:

Is there a way to search for tycoon takeovers in game? I tried searching under my news feed but got nothing. I'm resorting to just looking through teams 1 by 1 but is there a faster way?

Yes there is, if the click on the club name, go to the History tab and click Landmarks. If the club has had a takeover you'll see it listed here and the type of takeover is in brackets. Let us know if you end up finding any in your search.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 01/02/2020 at 17:04, toon army 06 said:

Looks an interesting save, there's another Newcastle Tycoon posted on page 1 that I'm playing. A few seasons in I'm still being backed well in the transfer market, second season it starts & in the PL.

Anyone got any Tycoons in Scotland?

Starting this save, but I holidayed to the end of the season before taking over (mainly so I could get rid of most of the leagues to allow my machine to actually run the game 😂) - Newcastle lost in the play off final so I took over the day after that - 105mil transfer budget but going to completely rehab the squad with the aim of winning the champions league with at least 4 Geordies in the team and 8 homegrown players (in an ideal world, 11 geordies but that might be pushing it)

On 28/06/2020 at 17:26, 04texag said:

How do you search news to see if there's been a takeover of any type? Is there a filter or screen to see ownership changes? Thanks,+

"yes there is, if the click on the club name, go to the History tab and click Landmarks. If the club has had a takeover you'll see it listed here and the type of takeover is in brackets. Let us know if you end up finding any in your search."