bossland

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Am 11.6.2020 um 01:39 schrieb Doomski:

Hi there !

First of all thank you for this fantastic skin, it is the first time I'm using a custom skin for FM and wow, now I can't even think to go back to vanilla haha. Great job, it's truly amazing.

I have a small problem, maybe you guys will be able to help me. As you can see in the screenshot I have all my logos, faces, kits and stadium pics right, but I can't manage to set the cities pictures. I created a "Cities" folder that I put in the "backgrounds" folder, but contrary to the stadiums pics, I can't manage to make the cities pics appear in my game, I just have a big white question mark. Any ideas of what I did wrong?

Thanks a lot your time !

20200611014004_1.jpg

There arent really any city pictures. Its just using the page / club background image assuming it is a picture of the city.
The folder doesnt matter to much as long as it is in either "Football Manager 2020 > graphics" or "Skinname > graphics". If its inside a skin it will only work for that skin.
As long as the config is correct and there is actually a picture for the club etc. it works fine.

In your "Cities" folder inside of the config.xml should be a entry somewhat like :

<record from="russia/1518c" to="graphics/pictures/club/1518/background"/>

6 minutes ago, mortiis7 said:

i know it is possible cuz its from flut skin...but i asked bossland if he can maybe implement this in khis skin ..or tell us how to do it  :)

its the player personal details, file you'd have to add to all accross from Fluts into the selector YACS has in his, and then realign it all due to the smaller panel size.  Fair bit of custom work needed.

19 hours ago, JR866Gunner said:

Hello all! Where are the squad views held in this download? I would love to replicate the squad views into older FM's too when I occasionally dabble in them!

Team Squad.xml

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Your skin is just amazing. I use it since FM 2019 and I never tire of it. Thanks you very much for your fantastic work :)

I come to report a small bug. It doesnt repair when I empty the cache.

When I click on " view all clubs " , nothing happens. It's not a clickable link.

I would like to know if anyone knows the solution to fix this issue ! 

Thanks for your answer, have fun :)

1.png

Edited by Marrant_LaPeine

This is not the same screen. First is player profile, second is player attributes. You can switch if you click on the overview tab on the top. If you want to change the default one used by the game, you can do that in preferences.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Marrant_LaPeine:

Hello,

Your skin is just amazing. I use it since FM 2019 and I never tire of it. Thanks you very much for your fantastic work :)

When I click on " view all clubs " , nothing happens. It's not a clickable link.

Thanks for letting me know, this will be fixed in 2.0

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Old Joe Clarke:

Something strange happened to the skin, after a save crashed the player attribute screen went from the top picture to the bottom picture and I just can't fix it, any help would be great.

Search prefernces for Landing Page it should be profile for player.

Hello, awasome skin. I've been using it since fm19 and its my favourite due to the amount of customization it offers.

I have a few questions tho:

-When using the side bar with only icons, an ugly black bar appears at the left. Is it possible to completely remove it, or at least move to further to the left to avoid it being in the middle of the icons? (Im using 1920*1080)

-In the background selector the gradients seem to be inverted. I assumed that everything that was white would show the background and everything that was black-ish would cover it . But it actually seems to be the opposite. As shown in the picture I selected the gradient black>white (to cover the ugly black bar) and its inverted. Where can I find these Images so I can invert them myself? I've tried to navigate the skins folders but I dont seem to find them.

Thank you very much for the skin and everything :D

Cheers!

image.thumb.png.174dc27b1735fd12255ad5902d49e331.png

Edited by Cago
typo

Hello, I have two questions:

- I'm using this skin with the 125% zoom option on a 1920 x 1080 laptop screen and it seems the Transparent version's sidebar is actually too... transparent. Is there something I could edit to make it more opaque ? Or not-transparent ?

- Is it possible to edit the training categories colors ? Is so, how ?

LATER EDIT: Found the training category colors, they're specified in the fm-widgets settings.xml file in the skin's settings folder (go to line 1205).

Thanks !

qst.jpg

Edited by Jebedaias

Le 12/06/2020 à 19:52, bossland a dit :

There arent really any city pictures. Its just using the page / club background image assuming it is a picture of the city.
The folder doesnt matter to much as long as it is in either "Football Manager 2020 > graphics" or "Skinname > graphics". If its inside a skin it will only work for that skin.
As long as the config is correct and there is actually a picture for the club etc. it works fine.

In your "Cities" folder inside of the config.xml should be a entry somewhat like :

<record from="russia/1518c" to="graphics/pictures/club/1518/background"/>

Thank you very much for your answer, I didn't know that there weren't city pictures per se. I don't understand though, how are some people able to make both the stadiums pics and the city pics appear in the club overview window, as both these pics are considered as backgrounds by the game?

Also, I would like to report a small bug with the skin.

I ran out of money for my scouting budget, and I noticed that the slider to transfer money in order to increase the scouting budget isn't working. I tried to do it with the vanilla skin and it worked instantly without problem.

It's definitly not a big deal as the workaround is pretty simple, but I thought I would let you know anyway.

Thanks again for your amazing skin !

• 2 weeks later...

Evening all. How might I make the players on the matchday screen smaller on the small pitches in the lower half of the screen. So it gives us a nice overview of both teams formation and the players roles etc but on my screen the player squares are rather large and crammed in on the pitch graphic. I would like to either adjust those sizes or even ensure the players are laid out left to right rather than top to bottom. 

I attach a screenshot to better explain my query.

small pitch graphic (home and away on matchdays.png

On 02/01/2020 at 22:23, ncamb said:

hi! thanks for the skin, it's awesome! Is there any way to remove the 2 formation panels on left and right?

Immagine.png

I was looking to tweak this myself but now thinking about it I would rather see formations in a popup on the match screen so I too would like to remove these two formation panels. Did you do this in the end?

• 2 weeks later...

I assume I am doing something dumb, but I cannot get any new stadium pics to show. The pictures I had in my graphics folder from the start of the save have worked fine. I've tried clearing the cache, reloading the skin, etc. but nothing seems to work.

I've turned on the show screen IDs in the Title Bar to assist skinning.

I've validated the picture in my graphics folder with the numbers on some known good stadiums. I've even copied a picture that works, and just given it the new number, so I know it isn't anything in the formatting of the picture file.

But when I add a picture for a stadium that isn't showing, clear the cache, and reload the skin, the new pictures do not show. Sometimes it just crashes the game entirely.

I assume I am missing a step somewhere, but can't figure out what. My team built a new stadium, so I'd like to have it with a picture if possible :-)

Thanks for any help!

Edited by Joey Numbaz

8 hours ago, Joey Numbaz said:

I assume I am doing something dumb, but I cannot get any new stadium pics to show. The pictures I had in my graphics folder from the start of the save have worked fine. I've tried clearing the cache, reloading the skin, etc. but nothing seems to work.

I've turned on the show screen IDs in the Title Bar to assist skinning.

I've validated the picture in my graphics folder with the numbers on some known good stadiums. I've even copied a picture that works, and just given it the new number, so I know it isn't anything in the formatting of the picture file.

But when I add a picture for a stadium that isn't showing, clear the cache, and reload the skin, the new pictures do not show. Sometimes it just crashes the game entirely.

I assume I am missing a step somewhere, but can't figure out what. My team built a new stadium, so I'd like to have it with a picture if possible :-)

Thanks for any help!

have you added the line for the new stadium to the config file? 

18 hours ago, wkdsoul said:

have you added the line for the new stadium to the config file? 

I have not! Thanks! I had no idea I had to do this, as I've never done any skinning.

Would you be able to share which file and how to do this?

7 minutes ago, Joey Numbaz said:

I have not! Thanks! I had no idea I had to do this, as I've never done any skinning.

Would you be able to share which file and how to do this?

same process in the stadium folder

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, junkerne said:

There is a post somewhere that explains how you remove it.

I think thats in the player profile popup or something similar... (small) xml ?

(in fact it may have been me wanting this removed as I am not keen on seeing that information!)

Edited by JR866Gunner

On 26/06/2020 at 10:14, Marrant_LaPeine said:

Hello,

1.png

Open file - YACS_2020\YACS2020 Base\panels\nation\major clubs snapshot.xml

and near bottom of file change this:

<widget class="link_appearance_button" id="gtcl">

to this:

<widget class="link_button" id="gtcl" auto_size="all" section="TeSq">

On 01/09/2020 at 17:44, androxinea said:

Hello everybody. How do you pull back kits so they are in line with the faces? Anyone know please?

Thanks and gg

2020-09-01.jpg

tactics icon info panel overview.xml

Line 7 :

change vertical_layout="-1,42" 

to

vertical_layout="-1,10"

(or similar low number)

-------------------------------------

My fave code for this layout:

Spoiler

<container>
        <attachment_group class="vertical_arrange" vertical_layout="-1,10" vertical_offset="0" horizontal_alignment="horizontal" horizontal_inset="0" />
        <container>
            <attachment_group class="horizontal_arrange" horizontal_layout="50,-1" horizontal_offset="0" vertical_alignment="vertical" vertical_inset="0" />
            <widget class="tactics_kit_picture" id="kitp" keep_aspect_ratio="true" alignment="centre" scale_picture="true" number_inset_right="0" number_inset_top="0" number_height="45"/>
            <container/>    
        </container>
        <container class="spacer" id="kitS"/>
    </container>
    <container>
        <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" layout="-1, 39" offset="0" gap="2"/>
        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="1" apply_to_children="true"/>
        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" />
        <widget class="picture" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="true" image_alignment="bottom">
            <record id="object_property">
                <list id="get_properties">
                    <record get_property="fcgn" />
                    <record get_property="Pfke" />
                    <record get_property="prpc" set_property="valu" />
                </list>
            </record>
        </widget>
        <container class="spacer"/>
    </container>

Edited by Maxxy20
added spoiler code

You need to move the paper graphics for the buttons as well. 

Anything in his titlebar.xml that has appearance="xxxx" need moving

eg.  appearance="yacs/match/t1"  you need to move the graphics/yacs/match/y1 file into your skin

1 hour ago, wkdsoul said:

You need to move the paper graphics for the buttons as well. 

Anything in his titlebar.xml that has appearance="xxxx" need moving

eg.  appearance="yacs/match/t1"  you need to move the graphics/yacs/match/y1 file into your skin

Finally, problem solved. Cheers mate

On 27/04/2020 at 15:22, ChuckMoritz said:

Not a big issue by any stretch of the imagination but I've found that the panels for the 'tree' view of the stages panel in cup tournaments apparently broke at some point between the 0.7 version and the latest one. Is there a simple fix I'm overlooking? I'm not even sure if it's an issue in the skin's code but it probably can't help to be sure.

fm_wlVKrntwg3.png

Anyone know how to manually fix this? I love looking at the bracket!

Outside of this issue, the skin is great, I really love it. But fixing that would make it perfect!

1 hour ago, Joey Numbaz said:

Anyone know how to manually fix this? I love looking at the bracket!

Outside of this issue, the skin is great, I really love it. But fixing that would make it perfect!

Lets hope someone have an answer for you.

I just wanted to say that i doubt @bossland will be making any fixes to the skin at this point.

But IF he makes it for fm21 he will without doubt go through this post and look for stuff to fix / correct for the new version..

But all is only Hopes and dreams from my view. I have used and loved this skin for years now <3

On 27/04/2020 at 20:22, ChuckMoritz said:

Not a big issue by any stretch of the imagination but I've found that the panels for the 'tree' view of the stages panel in cup tournaments apparently broke at some point between the 0.7 version and the latest one. Is there a simple fix I'm overlooking? I'm not even sure if it's an issue in the skin's code but it probably can't help to be sure.

fm_wlVKrntwg3.png

The file you need to edit is:

YACS2020 Base\graphics\boxes\inner\subtle\no margin\paper.xml

and you can fix this by changing this code:

<record id="image_borders" left="0" right="0" top="8" bottom="8"/>
    <record id="title_borders" left="0" right="0" top="38" bottom="8"/>
    <record id="image_slices" left="17" right="17" top="17" bottom="17"/>

to this:

<!-- image borders -->
	<!-- these determine how many pixels any content is inset from each side of the image -->
	<!-- (for example, in the case of a button, the content would be the text label) -->
	<record id="image_borders" left="0" right="0" top="0" bottom="0"/>

<!-- title borders -->
	<!-- these determine how many pixels any content is inset from each side of the image when there is a title included -->
	<!-- (for example, in the case of a button, the content would be the text label) -->
	<record id="title_borders" left="0" right="0" top="30" bottom="0"/>

<!-- image slices determine the points at which the image will be sliced to enable scaling -->
	<!-- the image will only slice in the directions slicing values are provided for-->
	<record id="image_slices" left="12" right="12" top="12" bottom="12"/>

On 28/06/2020 at 21:40, Jebedaias said:

Hello, I have two questions:

- I'm using this skin with the 125% zoom option on a 1920 x 1080 laptop screen and it seems the Transparent version's sidebar is actually too... transparent. Is there something I could edit to make it more opaque ? Or not-transparent ?

- Is it possible to edit the training categories colors ? Is so, how ?

LATER EDIT: Found the training category colors, they're specified in the fm-widgets settings.xml file in the skin's settings folder (go to line 1205).

Thanks !

qst.jpg

The Steam workshop version has fixed the sidebar issue

On 23/09/2020 at 05:14, Maxxy20 said:

The file you need to edit is:

YACS2020 Base\graphics\boxes\inner\subtle\no margin\paper.xml

and you can fix this by changing this code:

<record id="image_borders" left="0" right="0" top="8" bottom="8"/>
    <record id="title_borders" left="0" right="0" top="38" bottom="8"/>
    <record id="image_slices" left="17" right="17" top="17" bottom="17"/>

to this:

<!-- image borders -->
	<!-- these determine how many pixels any content is inset from each side of the image -->
	<record id="image_borders" left="0" right="0" top="0" bottom="0"/>

<!-- title borders -->
	<!-- these determine how many pixels any content is inset from each side of the image when there is a title included -->
	<record id="title_borders" left="0" right="0" top="30" bottom="0"/>

<!-- image slices determine the points at which the image will be sliced to enable scaling -->
	<!-- the image will only slice in the directions slicing values are provided for-->
	<record id="image_slices" left="12" right="12" top="12" bottom="12"/>

Perfect! Thanks!

Here is your 2022 World Cup Knockout Round!

2096291029_ScreenShot2020-09-24at5_48_07PM.thumb.png.b29abfa47c8d7b5e3d3adfea301edae0.png

36 minutes ago, Maxxy20 said:

Typical England didnt even get through then XD

3rd in Group B. 1-1-1 and lost the tiebreaker to Jamaica, +1 GD to 0.

Jamaica beat Burkina Faso 5-1, England only beat them 2-1. They both lost to Spain (England 2-4, Jamaica 1-4)

In the final group match, England was winning 2-1 when Lewis Baker scored for Jamaica at 90+1. What an England way to go out.

Then Jamaica gets to extra time in the QF with eventual champion Germany. It was a great World Cup!

Edited by Joey Numbaz

On 26/09/2020 at 13:28, huzzgaminguk said:

I've noticed the version on this forum is not the latest one that is avaliable on Steam.

1.2 is on Steam & has been since 25th May.

Does anyone have the updated skin in normal skin format & not via workshop?

Nice, had there been many changes or bug fixes on the latest version?

• 1 month later...