Who will you be signing in FM20?

LDP

As the title states, who will you be signing for your club and why?

I'll be looking to sign Timo Werner, Serge Gnabry, Jadon Sancho and Kai Havertz over 2-4 seasons for Liverpool as they are perfect Liverpool signings/replacements for existing squad

I'd like to know others to give me potential inspiration

29 minutes ago, LDP said:

First time I've heard of him! What's his club, nationality, position etc?

You're not alone. :D

Check out the interactive FM20 trailer that was released a couple of days ago. There's a pinned thread about it.

On the beta I'm playing as PSG to get a feel for the game and I'm going to go for  Dybala I think. Once the full release is out it'll be my journeyman save so will be signing lower league players no one has ever heard of. Oh speaking of the beta, why not ask in this thread:

I'll be really interested to sign Lucien Agoumé for my Marseille team, if possible

This kid who only has 17 y/o had been transferred to Inter Milan this summer, he already played quite a lot in French Ligue 2 in Sochaux, his potential should be really interesting

Erling Braut Håland. Salzburg look to have a few players I'd like to see how their stats progress over time.

Like the OP Serge Gnabry.

I'm curious how close to release SI make tweaks to player stats. Gnabry destroyed Spurs in CL recently. I know that 1 performance doesn't sway SI (I've read a post before about how they scout players over time and try to make subtle adjustments to player stats) but Haland particularly seems to really have kicked on to a higher level (yes I realise it's the Austrian League) so I would like to see his stats higher (or at least his PA) than in FM19.

Edited by hickmanrocks

52 minutes ago, hickmanrocks said:

Erling Braut Håland. Salzburg look to have a few players I'd like to see how their stats progress over time.

Like the OP Serge Gnabry.

I'm curious how close to release SI make tweaks to player stats. Gnabry destroyed Spurs in CL recently. I know that 1 performance doesn't sway SI (I've read a post before about how they scout players over time and try to make subtle adjustments to player stats) but Haland particularly seems to really have kicked on to a higher level (yes I realise it's the Austrian League) so I would like to see his stats higher (or at least his PA) than in FM19.

I was informed by one of the researchers that they were still pushing data through a couple of weeks ago.

Håland — young enough to become a local player and develop his mentals naturally, speedy AND bulky. What more could I want?

Gogia — well-balanced, great traits, pretty cheap. Already was a great guy in 19 who deserves yet another shot :)

If he's still abnormally cheap, Pavon (amazing endurance and traits!). Also in my non-Wolfsburg saves Knoche. While slow, he has good mentals and consistency. 

I probably won't begin my "main" journeyman save until early December, and any early moves will obviously be dictated by circumstance, but I always start by identifying my captain(s) and set piece taker(s). If I like the options in place, then that's where I start to put together my formation/tactics/XI, and fill in around them. If not, then that's factored into my first acquisitions. I also tend to find that I want more athleticism along my backline, and I don't like buying defenders that can't play with the ball at their feet.

In the meantime I want to try something fairly different structurally/tactically, and think Tonali would be a perfect fit for what I have in mind.  

Edited by XuluBak