dafuge's FM09 challenge

Yea, cup runs, and the fact that I'm actually attracting decent attendances each game. I'm averaging around 1,000 per game - where as with Carshalton, they were more like 300 - 400 even when promoted to league 1. I really felt I should have got promoted this season, but a few more decent players, and I'm hoping to take the league by storm.

• Replies 19.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chelseadaft Hemel Hempstead Season 1 2009/10 Blue Square South

It was a good season for Hemel. With awful players on staggering wages and the brief to avoid relegation it was going to be tough to get rid of the dead wood and bring in new players.

So out went the old and overpaid and in came the new. Added to that Super Kyle was transfer listed towards the end of the season and he came in so looking forward to next season!

The players i brought in were with the view to keeping us up in the league and we did it at a canter so was really happy.

Its a time to build on the base i have created and look for progress next season. The playoffs is a possibility!!!

Finances

Squad

League          Season            Position           Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------
BSS              2009/10           11th

wow i think im only gonna finish in playoffs im miles ahead of 2nd but the team at the top is to good :(
"miles ahead of 2nd"
- this must mean you're no. 1
"...but the team at the top is to good :("
- which obviously means you're not no. 1 :confused:

Which one is it? :cool:

Wealdstone - Premier League (2031/2032)

Premier League Prediction - 1

Premier League Position - 1 -

Table

Graph

Champions League

Couldnt defend the title and lost a penalty shoot-out against Chelsea in the Quarter Finals.

Cups In FA Cup, i got some bad draws and i went out early (4th round)

League Cup Finally i managed to win the League Cup! For the first time ever!

League Cup Final

Summary

Started out really bad but finally got some wins after january.. rather amazed that i won with such a big margin, its been along time since the team played this badly.

Im still keen on resigning from the club and takeover another lowrep club just promoted in the bss/n, but i think ill wait untill Cooper has retired. but on the other hand, im getting a bit bored..

Players: Keys

Squad

Cooper Top goalscorer in the league, not much progress this year.

Manager Overview

Transfers Hilgers

Goals for the upcoming season:

I seriously dont know if i should stay at Wealdstone, or i should resign and takeover a newlypromoted club .. ill have to wait and see till 25june if theres any club id fancy.

League                Season    Finished   Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------
Blue Square South     2009/10   15th       Quarter Finals CLC
Blue Square South     2010/11   1st        BSS League Champions
Blue Square Premier   2011/12   13st       none
Blue Square Premier   2012/13   1st        BSP League Champions
League Two	      2013/14   4th	   Promoted via Playoffs
League One	      2014/15   17th   	   FA Trophy Semi-finalist
League One	      2015/16   8th	   none 
League One	      2016/17   2nd        Promotion
Championship	      2017/18   17th	   none
Championship	      2018/19	16th       none	
Championship  	      2019/20	3rd	   Playoff Semi-final losers
Championship	      2020/21   1st	   Promoted as Champions
Premier League	      2021/22  	16th	   none
Premier League	      2022/23  	5th	   FA Cup Semi-Finalist
Premier League	      2023/24   11th	   Uefa Cup Quarter finals
Premier League	      2024/25   4th        Uefa cup Winners, FA Cup Winners, League Cup Runners-Up.
Premier League        2025/26   2nd	   none
Premier League        2026/27   2nd        none
Premier League        2027/28   3rd	   Champions League Winners 
Premier League	      2028/29   1st        Premier League Champions, Champions League Winners, FA Cup Winners, Euro Super Cup Winners, Club World Championship Winners  [b][i] Challenge completed [/b][/i]      
Premier League	      2029/30   1st
Premier League	      2030/31   1st	   Champions League Winners, FA Cup Winners
Premier League	      2031/32   1st 	   League Cup Winners

Sutton United - Blue Square South - 2011/2012

Wow. What a season! I had finally built up a strong squad of players that I believed would get us promotion and they didn't dissapoint. We won the league with two games to go and then went on to win the FA Trophy Final at Wembley against fellow BSS side, Newport County. The main factor of our successful season was scoring 97 goals and conceding just 30 in all competitions.

League Table

Position Graph

Transfer funds were again non-existent but the finances were given a healthy boost by the sale of Nathan Ashton to Charlton for 100K. Signings that really made an impact this season included Talla, Luke Daley, Wojciech Szczesny (28 Clean Sheets!), James Lawrie and Tony Rogers.

Notable mentions must go to Marc Collinson, Gareth Brown, Ben Farrell, Christopher Thomas and Daniel Jones who is far too good for this level.

Transfers

Squad

In other news, Daniel Jones fully deserved the BSS Player of the Season award for the second year running and I was awarded with the Manager of the Season.

Conference League Cup

FA Cup

FA Trophy Winners

Finances

Season XI

Overall XI

League            Season      Position       Achievements 
Blue Square South   2009/2010      7th              None
Blue Square South   2010/2011      2nd              None
Blue Square South   2011/2012      1st              BSS Champions, FA Trophy Winners

Well done Steve :thup:

Good luck with whatever you do KaNovi

I'm through to the 4th round of the Conference League Cup. I won 2-0. It was different. I had 4 players from my youth team including my 2 Nep Products (Although 1 is a first team player) Both goals were scored by Sole meaning Leitch-Smith didn't score for a change. Then, I injured 3 of their players in the first 10 minutes!

kroblues FC United BSN 2009/10

Like so many others, I've jumped on the FC United bandwagon, and I've waited till I finished a season to update and post my profile etc.

Personal

Like a lot of other people I got Man Utd as a parent club, maybe not the best choice as nobody except Antonio Bryan would join. I'm hoping that as we progress up the leagues that better players will join us on loan.

The team report didn't make promising reading. In fact, of the players that were considered first choice, only Michael Stones Survived in the first team to the end of the season, and he looks to have a lot of promise, even finishing in double figures for goals as he got into a run of games alongside Bryan. Also coming in were former Crewe and Birmingham GK Adam Legdzins and Danish U-21 GK Martin Hansen, formerly of Liverpool. Up the left flank were Nicky Nicolau, now club captain, and Steven Leslie. They managed to provide 19 goals between them, and Leslie managed to chip in with 5 from his left wing role. The right was a little less spectacular, Paul Bignot and Aussie Griffiths performing solidly, and Griffiths managed to replicate Leslie's role, scoring 7 and setting up another 7.

Transfers

Now, onto the league campaign. A low key start with a 2-1 loss at Harrogate, but we righted that wrong with an unbeaten run to the start of October, and propelled ourselves up to the playoff spots. A 1-0 loss to leaders Boston followed, but that and another 1-0 loss to Gateshead were our only defeats until December in the league, leaving us top of the pile from Mansfield and Boston- Half Way. Alfreton were the only other team to beat us until April, when Mansfield closed the gap from 6 to 3 points with a 2-0 win, but by then it was probably too late for them, as we went unbeaten in the last 4 games to secure promotion and the League Title with a game to spare.

The cups didn't go spectacularly, we went out to Step 3 side Burscough in the 3rd Qualifying Rd of the FA Cup, and lost to BSP opposition in the 4th N Round of the Setanta Shield and the 2nd Rd of the FA Trophy.

Undoubtedly it will be more difficult next season as we meet some bigger teams, but I'm hopeful we can make the step up, especially as we made it through the BSN without dependance on loanees, although Bryan did make a lot of difference along with Nightingale from Huddersfield, who broke his foot in March and was sent back.

Top Scorer: Antonio Bryan- 17

Most Assists: Antonio Bryan- 11

Highest Av Rating: Ryan Carolan- 7.29

One to Watch: Michael Stones

Season  League Pts Position Notes
2009/10  BSN   84     1st    -

:thdn::( That's not great.

Followed my amazing cup game with a 2-1 loss away to Ebbsfleet. Got them in the cup in a few games too.

Just got my 2nd job offer. Wycombe at the start of the season and now Tranmere. Tranmere only had 14 first teamers and 3 of them on loan. That is a bare squad!

I'm playing at St. James Park in the FA Cup :) Exeter in the 2nd round of course ;)

New era is beginning

Shocking news :

Wealdstone manager leaves After more than 20 years 4 PL Titles and 3 CHL Titles, its time to move on!

Removed from legend status.. well, thx for nothing.

Meet the new manager at Osset Town Osset town, just promoted to the BSN, has never before been in BS footy.

When i applied they were in the middle of a board takeover, so im hired some time in the season. that sucks. But it seems like the chairman has some money, as i have a transfer budget in the BSN?!?! and huge wage budget!

I start 6 games in, and im 6th, 5 points up to nr 1.

Squad

Information

Facilities

Balance

Star player

Past Positions

The reason for doing this is that i was getting bored beeing at Wealdstone. I figure it will be a delightfull tasks to get promoted to the PL to throw Wealstone of the thrown. This will for sure be exiting, im looking forward to see how much influence it will have that im a world class manager.

Bring it on! =)

just annoyed since i have 89 points and still finished second

Unlucky there then, 89 points should normally be enough for you to run away with the league.

About to go miles over wage budget, went a little mad at the trial day and made around 10 offers :(

Maidstone United: First season

Managed to sign a ton of players, strengthening the squad (as the starting team I had were far too inferior to even challenge for the league) and got quite alot with "leading star of BSS" so hopefully that will be ok. Signed a quality keeper called legdzgins or something, got leading star for BSP I think and the defence and midfield look pretty tight (despite needing a new left mid i think they will come through) the only problem I have is up front. Anyone have any suggestions for a freebie striker? Tried getting super Kyle but FC united were having none of that :p

Oh my God!!!!!!!!!!

Dafuge I remember being on here a couple of years back, maybe 3 - when you were doing the challenge with, erm, damn it, who was it... sure it was a team that played in yellow... its on the tip of my tongue - did it begin with a B?

Loved reading this challenge and watching your progress. I REALLY can't remember. We're talking FM05 here.

Good stuff mate!!

Stu. :)

Unlucky there then, 89 points should normally be enough for you to run away with the league.

About to go miles over wage budget, went a little mad at the trial day and made around 10 offers :(

yh the team infront just did stupidly well finished on 95 =\

Guys, need your help. Should I sell Luca for £3.8m up front, 15.25 over 24 months, 3.7 after 10 goals and 20% sell on??

I would always usually accept as I paid 8m for him a season ago, but he did bang in 23 in 34 last season and I already have 33m transfer funds with lack of quality players out there to buy.

But his stats have dropped since i bought him, his finishing from 17 to 15!

Also Arsenal are amazing on my game so are quite likely to sell him on.

Cheers.

New era is beginning

Shocking news :

Wealdstone manager leaves After more than 20 years 4 PL Titles and 3 CHL Titles, its time to move on!

Removed from legend status.. well, thx for nothing.

Meet the new manager at Osset Town Osset town, just promoted to the BSN, has never before been in BS footy.

When i applied they were in the middle of a board takeover, so im hired some time in the season. that sucks. But it seems like the chairman has some money, as i have a transfer budget in the BSN?!?! and huge wage budget!

I start 6 games in, and im 6th, 5 points up to nr 1.

Squad

Information

Facilities

Balance

Star player

Past Positions

The reason for doing this is that i was getting bored beeing at Wealdstone. I figure it will be a delightfull tasks to get promoted to the PL to throw Wealstone of the thrown. This will for sure be exiting, im looking forward to see how much influence it will have that im a world class manager.

Bring it on! =)

did any of your previous staff follow you?

Archived