FC Norsajaelland/Danish league

Carlf788

So I have started off a career as FC Nordsjaelland. A first for me managing in a league outside the main 5. Some good clubs in Denmark and I love the club badges! What a club to start off with as well. Europa league football and they have some fantastic young players.

They start in the first qualifying round of the Europe league and the board expect  to make the 4th qualifying round. I made it into the group stages by beating a Icelandic team, shamrock, Partizan Belgrade and Lech Poznan. I drew Anderlecht, BATE Borisov and Legia Warsaw in the groups and went through in 2nd. A good achievement. 

I opted for the gegenpress 4-2-3-1, the first time using gegenpress and it's so good, winning most games 3-1 or 4-2. The only downside is it kills your players and I had a few freak hammerings when my squad was dead on its feet. 

In January and in the 2 month winter break I sold Victor Nellsson to Monchengladbach for 8m! Huge money for the danish league. Then sold another young cm to Milan for 6m and the left back Mads Pedersen to Fulham for 2m. So I had about 10m in the bank for transfers and I was in 2nd place in the superliga behind Kobenhavn and in the Europe league last 16 against Leverkusen.

I signed 2 quality 20 year old Sweden  under 21 players for 3m each, a playmaker from BK Hacken and a solid centre half from Rostov. I will have to get there names in the hidden gems thread as they are class. 

Moussa Kone arrived from Dresden for 3.9m which is apparently the danish record all time transfer! He's rapid and you can tell he's a cut above the danish league when watching the games, Muric joined from Man City for 900k and he's a solid young keeper. Then I invested 2m on 4 or 5 prospects for my under 19s.

I got knocked out of the Europa league 11-6 to Leverkusen as I couldn't register a lot of my new players, no shame in that and still a great effort to get that far.

The league in Denmark splits for the last 10 games so the top 6 play each other twice. I went into that with a 3 point lead and managed to win the league on the last day by a point! I beat Aalborg 5-4 in the danish cup final too after been 2-0 up and 4-2 up Kone got the winner in the 92nd min in one of the best games I've seen. I scored and conceded a bucket load but overall it's the most fun season on FM I've had in years.

The board are ecstatic and I have 7 players now valued at over 1m whereas I had none when I took over and I have 14 players aged between 17-21 in the first team squad with 5* potential. Going to see if I can make the champions league group stages and defend the league title and danish cup before maybe looking to get a championship, SPL or bundesliga job and build my career up in a bit of a journeyman style. 

FC Nordsjaelland are a great club to pick as they have 1m to spend, great youth who are all wanted by some huge clubs that means you can easily rake in 15m off 3 players, can be competitive in Europe straight away and a overall really fun league to manage in. They also have Man City as a parent club so you can loan some top young players. 

I'm 50/50 whether to stay long term at FC Nordsjaelland and try and build a legacy, win a European trophy and make them into a FC Barcelona of scandanavia or look for a bigger job soon as I feel the money I have spent and the squad I have built will perhaps make it feel easy domestically. I have one eye on the Denmark job in future as well. 

Hopefully someone fancies having a go too or is there any others playing in Denmark or Scandanavia?

FC Midtjylland always looked fun, but they've lost two of their best young players recently - Andreas Poulsen was a quality LB in the last game but has gone to Borussia Mönchengladbach, and Rasmus Nissen Kristensen, who was very versatile at RB and CM has gone to Ajax. There were always enough good young players though, and Bozhidar Kraev was amazing in FM18.

Yeah I was going to start as them but they already were the champions and in the champions league and I don't like starting as the top team. They had a nightmare on my save they came 10th! Somehow the manager is still there though.

It would be fun to try and win the Europa league with FC Nordsjaelland but I just think I will get bored in the danish league after I have hopefully retained the title as there isn't a load of competiton. 

Maybe FC Nordsjaelland is the easiest save in Denmark as like i say I had Milan, Juventus, Chelsea etc in for a few of my players in the first season so you can effectively start with 15m to spend which in Denmark is massive 

You should! Really fun save. They are only tipped to come 5th in the first season and the board only want top 6 but they have class young players all over the team who you can develop or sell for upwards of 5m.

2m allows you to sign a player that is pretty much one of the best in Denmark too. The danish league has just gone from 17th to 11th in the rankings so we get 2 champions league places now instead of 1 and I have just turned down a 4m bid from psg for an 18 year old midfielder I have. 

Got a player called Mikel damsgaard a 18 year old advanced playmaker and he has PSG Juventus Man Utd Milan Dortmund and loads of others bidding for him. Don't think I've ever had so many big clubs in for one player and this will be the 4th player who has gone from this small danish club to a European superpower 

IMG_2428.JPG

Been playing all day and just retained the title. Went out in the champions league group stage with 1 point as I had Barcelona Dortmund and Benfica in my group and they are a different level.

Look at this 16 year old regen I have just had through, best I've seen I think, looks like the next Eriksen. There youth system is ridicolous. I was Debating leaving this summer though if any good jobs come up but I'm tempted to stick around now and develop these as it should be some team in a few years maybe capable of going far in Europe even with a bit of luck 

IMG_2430.JPG

It should be easy to win the league again next season so I need a new challenge but the squad is really shaping up well with the young players developing amazingly well. I don't think I'm far off having a team to get to the champions league last 16 next season if I get a decent draw. The next Christian eriksen to add an already great young team 

I have got them from around 200th in the European rankings upto 110th and the danish league from 16th in the rankings to 9th! So the danish league winners now get straight in the CL group stage which is massive for the league.

I spent ages looking for the perfect project and this ticks every box and is pitched at the perfect level and standard of league, not a major league but still a decent enough standard to achieve a lot 

Crystal Palace have came in for me and the board invited me to a meeting to see what it would take to keep me from leaving which is a new feature I think. Also Palace have been in touch and asked which staff I want to take with me which is another good new feature. Still 50/50 on whether I should leave now or give it another season or 2? Maybe go to Palace and do a decent job then go for a bigger job after that. Obviously Palaces squad is 10x better than FC Nordsjaelland but I was just getting into my project there but this save was designed as a bit of a journeyman. Reckon I should leave for Palace or give it another season in Denmark, add another title and try and make the CL knockout stages then hope for a bigger club next season. Palace do have some class players and 60m though and I could have a good crack at FA cup, league cup and taking them into Europe.

decisions decisions

11 hours ago, Carlf788 said:

Been playing all day and just retained the title. Went out in the champions league group stage with 1 point as I had Barcelona Dortmund and Benfica in my group and they are a different level.

Look at this 16 year old regen I have just had through, best I've seen I think, looks like the next Eriksen. There youth system is ridicolous. I was Debating leaving this summer though if any good jobs come up but I'm tempted to stick around now and develop these as it should be some team in a few years maybe capable of going far in Europe even with a bit of luck 

IMG_2430.JPG

I had regens in 2 seasons in Valencia, I have the best coaches mostly in all this "Bars" that you can check in staff section vs other teams in my league I am improving facilities, head of the youth its Bernhard Peters and I can't get that good regens... 3 stars already and so high pace,passing, first touch, technique, vision,flair,agility, balance how come ? :O

No idea to be honest. Just as I said at the start they seem to produce fantastic youth. When I took over I had 4 teenagers wanted by PSG, inter, Chelsea etc. How many clubs have that. I think I've sold about 6 players to massive clubs. Mental for a small danish team.

Palace have offered me the job and 60m with a good squad too so I don't know if I'm going to stay and develop these top youngsters. Winning the league again should be easy but getting out the cl group stages nearly Impossible so I feel I've hit the roof. But yeah them stats are insane for a 16 year old! Might join Palace and take him with me :)

I will have a look. How much did you sign him for and where from? I took the Crystal Palace job but kind of regret it as Nordsjaelland are going well in the Europa league qf whilst I'm 13th with palace in the predictable pl. 

hoping to move on again though this pre season and hopefully end up back at Nordsjaelland as I'm on there icons screen 

2 hours ago, Carlf788 said:

I will have a look. How much did you sign him for and where from? I took the Crystal Palace job but kind of regret it as Nordsjaelland are going well in the Europa league qf whilst I'm 13th with palace in the predictable pl. 

hoping to move on again though this pre season and hopefully end up back at Nordsjaelland as I'm on there icons screen 

13 million but it was all made up or Clauses 

7 hours ago, SixPointer said:

I have just signed Christian tue for obscene money in terms of danish football for my Kaiserslautern side. Have a look at him. 

Kaan Kairinen shows a lot of promise too, though I've never seen him a few years down the line.

So after 2 successful seasons at FC Nordsjaelland and a 11th place finish with Crystal Palace I resigned and got the Hull job in October 2021. They are in league 1 and 6pts off the playoffs and 14 off automatic promotion. 

My question is I'm a 3* rated manager so if I got Hull promoted and maybe even 2 promotions would it raise my reputation enough to get a decent premier league job again? Or is the fact I've dropped down to league 1 going to make it difficult to ever get a premier league job again?

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/12/2018 at 06:24, Carlf788 said:

So I have started off a career as FC Nordsjaelland. A first for me managing in a league outside the main 5. Some good clubs in Denmark and I love the club badges! What a club to start off with as well. Europa league football and they have some fantastic young players.

They start in the first qualifying round of the Europe league and the board expect  to make the 4th qualifying round. I made it into the group stages by beating a Icelandic team, shamrock, Partizan Belgrade and Lech Poznan. I drew Anderlecht, BATE Borisov and Legia Warsaw in the groups and went through in 2nd. A good achievement. 

I opted for the gegenpress 4-2-3-1, the first time using gegenpress and it's so good, winning most games 3-1 or 4-2. The only downside is it kills your players and I had a few freak hammerings when my squad was dead on its feet. 

In January and in the 2 month winter break I sold Victor Nellsson to Monchengladbach for 8m! Huge money for the danish league. Then sold another young cm to Milan for 6m and the left back Mads Pedersen to Fulham for 2m. So I had about 10m in the bank for transfers and I was in 2nd place in the superliga behind Kobenhavn and in the Europe league last 16 against Leverkusen.

I signed 2 quality 20 year old Sweden  under 21 players for 3m each, a playmaker from BK Hacken and a solid centre half from Rostov. I will have to get there names in the hidden gems thread as they are class. 

Moussa Kone arrived from Dresden for 3.9m which is apparently the danish record all time transfer! He's rapid and you can tell he's a cut above the danish league when watching the games, Muric joined from Man City for 900k and he's a solid young keeper. Then I invested 2m on 4 or 5 prospects for my under 19s.

I got knocked out of the Europa league 11-6 to Leverkusen as I couldn't register a lot of my new players, no shame in that and still a great effort to get that far.

The league in Denmark splits for the last 10 games so the top 6 play each other twice. I went into that with a 3 point lead and managed to win the league on the last day by a point! I beat Aalborg 5-4 in the danish cup final too after been 2-0 up and 4-2 up Kone got the winner in the 92nd min in one of the best games I've seen. I scored and conceded a bucket load but overall it's the most fun season on FM I've had in years.

The board are ecstatic and I have 7 players now valued at over 1m whereas I had none when I took over and I have 14 players aged between 17-21 in the first team squad with 5* potential. Going to see if I can make the champions league group stages and defend the league title and danish cup before maybe looking to get a championship, SPL or bundesliga job and build my career up in a bit of a journeyman style. 

FC Nordsjaelland are a great club to pick as they have 1m to spend, great youth who are all wanted by some huge clubs that means you can easily rake in 15m off 3 players, can be competitive in Europe straight away and a overall really fun league to manage in. They also have Man City as a parent club so you can loan some top young players. 

I'm 50/50 whether to stay long term at FC Nordsjaelland and try and build a legacy, win a European trophy and make them into a FC Barcelona of scandanavia or look for a bigger job soon as I feel the money I have spent and the squad I have built will perhaps make it feel easy domestically. I have one eye on the Denmark job in future as well. 

Hopefully someone fancies having a go too or is there any others playing in Denmark or Scandanavia?

Hello!

I've got a question. I'm going to play with this team. There is a first team, the reserves, the U 19 and a B team. The B team has no schedule at all, but the Reserve team plays in the reserve league. So, players in the B team will never get to play, so I shouldn't leave any players on that squad, correct?

Thank you.

To original poster: 

Thanks for the read. I’m glad you enjoyed the Danish league.

It looks very unusual that those big clubs come in for FCN’s players. That doesn’t happen on my saves and none of them are good enough in the set of data I sent in.

Did you apply any data updates? Or are you maybe playing with a small database, making the clubs fight over the players that are actually available?

I'm playing with Brondby . really loving it (after i downloaded a database update from FMSCOUT, the sub rules are correct).

I'm about to lose Larsson to Sociedad on a free and Wilczek wants to leave on a free at the end of the season. Third in my EL group with one game to play away vs Ajax(one point behind fenerbache). And first in the league with +7 points lead @ Kopenhagen.

Singed Skovgaard, Mads Pedersen(free), Berggreen(loan Mainz), Kitolano(Odd), Solbakken(HamKam), Gronli(Tromso).

Playing with rules : only sing nordic players. And try to have more homegrown players each season in my first squad and more nordic internations (I have a list of goals each season about those subjects).

Is there anything that would entice me to have a go at managing in Denmark? I assume developing your really young players before cashing in is an important part of managing your club. Seem to remember the Danish Cup is similar to the French Cup in that each round is 1 leg and minnows get home advantage. A much better concept than the 2 leg ties we see in some countries designed to favour the stronger sides. 

On 17/01/2019 at 20:25, Olivierlandman said:

I'm playing with Brondby . really loving it (after i downloaded a database update from FMSCOUT, the sub rules are correct). 

I'm about to lose Larsson to Sociedad on a free and Wilczek wants to leave on a free at the end of the season. Third in my EL group with one game to play away vs Ajax(one point behind fenerbache). And first in the league with +7 points lead @ Kopenhagen.

Singed Skovgaard, Mads Pedersen(free), Berggreen(loan Mainz), Kitolano(Odd), Solbakken(HamKam), Gronli(Tromso).

Playing with rules : only sing nordic players. And try to have more homegrown players each season in my first squad and more nordic internations (I have a list of goals each season about those subjects).

what this database change ? was it about 7 sub in 1 game? AI was using 7 players  or just 3? it is making any other changes?

7 hours ago, Olivierlandman said:

Yes it solved the 7 subs option and some leagues / parts only had 3 subs.

What’s the 3 sub issue, please?

3 subs in some leagues is intentional. In both the First and Second Divisions, any additional subs further to 3 + 1 GK need to be U21 players.

Just started a Youth only save in Denmark with Ejsberg. Got to start of January and already 2 young players has gone as offers were too good. One was not home grown from the club and was 20 year old Romanian Striker Adrian Petre. Started off really well but didn't really play much after my first 8 games due to poor form. Sold him to Hambury in a deal worth 2.5m. Also had to let go of a young DM/CM Sorenson (think that's his name). Lots of bids coming in and he was kicking off that I wasn't accepting. He went to Stoke in the end for a 2.8m deal with us loaning him for the remaining of this season and the whole of next season. Shame he had to go as he is HG. Some really good home grown talent in this team and i'm looking forward to the intake.

Like the league structure as it gives every one a chance to qualify for Europe. I'm currently 9th halfway through the season.

Into my 3rd season now with Ebsjerg. Had some really good youth prospects come through that i'm trying to develop.

1st season finished 10th and lost in the European place qualifier. 2 season ended up finishing 6th  on the last game of the season so made the championship group where I climbed to 5th and won the European place qualifier.

Quite strange but in the 3rd season the league goes back to a 12 team league which splits into a bottom 6 and top 6 grouping. Pretty much operating the same as SPL.

I have actually bent my own rules and it is not a fully HG only challenge as I did buy Kristian Riis following his loan spell for 750K. I seen no way of us being able to stay up without him and felt like he was one of our own after 1 season. I also purchased an 18 year old Senegalese AMC for 60k. I wanted to have a new system but needed an AMC so said I would allow myself to buy one as long as it's now more than 100k and they are 18 or younger.

Still waiting on that superstar youth player to come through at the moment. Have a GK and ST that are both 16 and look like they could be something special so keeping my fingers crossed that they pan out.

On 25/01/2019 at 11:18, KF1990 said:

Just started a Youth only save in Denmark with Ejsberg. Got to start of January and already 2 young players has gone as offers were too good. One was not home grown from the club and was 20 year old Romanian Striker Adrian Petre. Started off really well but didn't really play much after my first 8 games due to poor form. Sold him to Hambury in a deal worth 2.5m. Also had to let go of a young DM/CM Sorenson (think that's his name). Lots of bids coming in and he was kicking off that I wasn't accepting. He went to Stoke in the end for a 2.8m deal with us loaning him for the remaining of this season and the whole of next season. Shame he had to go as he is HG. Some really good home grown talent in this team and i'm looking forward to the intake.

Like the league structure as it gives every one a chance to qualify for Europe. I'm currently 9th halfway through the season.

Would love a save game from just before the bids, as these players should be worth no more than £800-900k, which is also set in the database.

I'm about to start a save in Scandinavia. Trying to think of which team to start with (though unlikely a Danish side because I started the save in December, 2017: Finland's start date). Norway, Sweden, Finland, Iceland and the Faroe Islands are loaded up. 

Thinking about Djungardens. Or Helsingborg who are now in the second tier. I'd love to build a strong side from the Scandinavian region. Some world class players have emerged from there over the years: Henrik Larsson, Ibrahimovic, Litmanen etc. 

HJK Helsinki has a really good squad (relatively speaking) with some very interesting strikers including the on-loan Klauss (unless the game start date changes the squad you inherit from a summer 2018 start date). I'm going to be managing them myself so could push each other along perhaps.

Just started a save with my local team OB. I'm going to be focusing on improving the academy as this is their ambition in real life and at the moment it's quite bad. I will need to make some big player sales or get european football to bring in the money for improving the facilities. Luckily we start with a few good youngsters with Julius Eskesen being the best. Hopefully he can bring in a few millions.

On 10/02/2019 at 23:56, Rasnaldo said:

Just started a save with my local team OB. I'm going to be focusing on improving the academy as this is their ambition in real life and at the moment it's quite bad. I will need to make some big player sales or get european football to bring in the money for improving the facilities. Luckily we start with a few good youngsters with Julius Eskesen being the best. Hopefully he can bring in a few millions.

We will be upgrading some of their players if a data patch is released, so you might want to wait 😊

4 hours ago, Nørbæk said:

We will be upgrading some of their players if a data patch is released, so you might want to wait 😊

Thanks. That is good news because I just realized after player the first league match, that the Superliga have 7 subs in current patch. So I have to waint and start over.

2 hours ago, Rasnaldo said:

Thanks. That is good news because I just realized after player the first league match, that the Superliga have 7 subs in current patch. So I have to waint and start over.

yes, that's an annoying bug. will be fixed.

On ‎06‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 01:20, warlock said:

You're a football vagabond! Grimsby, Lisbon, Helsinki - that's a great-looking CV you're putting together :lol:.

Haha, I guess it is. I've done Grimsby and just scraped a league title in Lisbon. Whether I have time for Helsinki or another short EFL spell pre-update, time will tell :idiot:

On 14/02/2019 at 15:40, Rasnaldo said:

If u can't wait, use one the database updates from fmscout.. i did it and started in january with Brondby.

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/02/2019 at 15:40, Rasnaldo said:

Was AI using 7 subs or just users ?

On 12/01/2019 at 10:20, Nørbæk said:

To original poster: 

Thanks for the read. I’m glad you enjoyed the Danish league.

It looks very unusual that those big clubs come in for FCN’s players. That doesn’t happen on my saves and none of them are good enough in the set of data I sent in.

Did you apply any data updates? Or are you maybe playing with a small database, making the clubs fight over the players that are actually available?

I just seen this. No data changes but my laptop isn't the quickest so I think I only had England Scotland Denmark loaded so yeah that's maybe why 

• 2 weeks later...

I also started a game as FC Norsajaelland, not finished the first season yet, just coming into November but I'm second behind FC Copenhagen, though I got knocked out the Europa in the third qualifying round by Maribor and out of the Danish Cup in the fourth round, I think. 

I've got to say, you're not wrong about the quality of young players at the squad; it's essentially a team of highly rated youngsters, no real older players to speak of, so definitely a good shout if you're looking for that. I've lost count of the amount of 4-star potential players I have. It's reminiscent of a save I had with Benfica in FM2016 but with the added bonus that you're not one of the big three in a league and the Danish league looks a bit more even than the Portuguese one. Also, they seem to have some kind of deal with a Ghanian team so there's a chance you can get some decent players from there.

I haven't had much of a bidding frenzy for them either, which is promising, I don't think it would be too hard to hold onto them for a few years.  I also sold Victor Nellsson to Monchengladbach, though only for 4.3 million, I thought I'd done well with that but looks like I could have held out for more!

Only signed one player as we seemed a bit light up top, a striker called nils quaschner, who has a bit of steel to him, I thought we looked like they were lacking a bit.  I'm going to enjoy trying to raid the German and Dutch leagues for players, looks like it'll be fairly easy to attract players who are really good for the league, especially if you have money to spare from selling players. 

Tactics wise I started with a 4231 and control possession, which was initially quite good (I think I only scored less than four goals in two of the opening 7 or so games of the season) but soon became an issue when teams started to sit back and play defensively against us. We have trouble breaking teams down. I’m not sure why, I think it’s partly the fact it’s a young squad so they’ve not got great mental attributes in terms of determination and so on and partly that we’re not quite a good enough quality team to be picking teams to bits in the same way that you’d expect big teams like Arsenal or whoever to be doing.

In the last few games I’ve been playing a 41221 fluid counter attacking tactic, which seems counter-productive but has actually ha a fair bit of success in terms of creating chances, probably because I’m making use of the great levels of acceleration and pace in the squad.

I’m going to push FC Copenhagen as far as I can but there’s already a six point gap and I think it might be a bit of a big ask this season. Optimistic for the next one though.

2 hours ago, Ugeine said:

I also started a game as FC Norsajaelland, not finished the first season yet, just coming into November but I'm second behind FC Copenhagen, though I got knocked out the Europa in the third qualifying round by Maribor and out of the Danish Cup in the fourth round, I think. 

I've got to say, you're not wrong about the quality of young players at the squad; it's essentially a team of highly rated youngsters, no real older players to speak of, so definitely a good shout if you're looking for that. I've lost count of the amount of 4-star potential players I have. It's reminiscent of a save I had with Benfica in FM2016 but with the added bonus that you're not one of the big three in a league and the Danish league looks a bit more even than the Portuguese one. Also, they seem to have some kind of deal with a Ghanian team so there's a chance you can get some decent players from there.

I haven't had much of a bidding frenzy for them either, which is promising, I don't think it would be too hard to hold onto them for a few years.  I also sold Victor Nellsson to Monchengladbach, though only for 4.3 million, I thought I'd done well with that but looks like I could have held out for more!

Only signed one player as we seemed a bit light up top, a striker called nils quaschner, who has a bit of steel to him, I thought we looked like they were lacking a bit.  I'm going to enjoy trying to raid the German and Dutch leagues for players, looks like it'll be fairly easy to attract players who are really good for the league, especially if you have money to spare from selling players. 

Tactics wise I started with a 4231 and control possession, which was initially quite good (I think I only scored less than four goals in two of the opening 7 or so games of the season) but soon became an issue when teams started to sit back and play defensively against us. We have trouble breaking teams down. I’m not sure why, I think it’s partly the fact it’s a young squad so they’ve not got great mental attributes in terms of determination and so on and partly that we’re not quite a good enough quality team to be picking teams to bits in the same way that you’d expect big teams like Arsenal or whoever to be doing.

In the last few games I’ve been playing a 41221 fluid counter attacking tactic, which seems counter-productive but has actually ha a fair bit of success in terms of creating chances, probably because I’m making use of the great levels of acceleration and pace in the squad.

I’m going to push FC Copenhagen as far as I can but there’s already a six point gap and I think it might be a bit of a big ask this season. Optimistic for the next one though.

Cool. Would you mind posting your ideal starting XI, please?

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/03/2019 at 11:57, Nørbæk said:

Cool. Would you mind posting your ideal starting XI, please?

Sorry mate, thought I'd replied to this.

For the first season, it looked like this:

Quaschener

Amon               Rygaard                   Skav Olsen

Christiansen    Kofod

Pedersen   Yttergard Jenssen   Hansen   Bartolec

Larsen

Archived