Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

• Replies 37.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 02/02/2023 at 07:34, knap said:

I just finished playing through an entire season with this tactic.

We went undefeated the whole way, scoring an amazing 235 league goals and completely crushing the competition:

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F7e3e2301-a3c7-4ed9-8575-70fa697cb356_1211x970.png

We also won the Chinese FA Cup, which really surprised me.

Football Manager 2023 Chinese FA Cup

Pretty good for a tactic that I chose literally because it was the last post on this thread at the time!

Please note that I actually played the full season and didn't just holiday to the end.  This included performing transfers designed to create a team to fit around the tactic, as well as the usual squad management headaches that we all know and love.

Anyway, I created a brief video tactic review here, for those who might be interested.  I feel like I've got a pretty good understanding of how it works after 50-something games.

I'm going to keep using this tactic through the rest of this project.  I suppose some elements may have been "broken" by recent SI updates, though I haven't really noticed much of a difference.  It feels as efficient and powerful now as it did when I first started this project with the 23.1 match engine.

Edited by Daniel Evensen
Added in another image

Hi @knap,

Which two tactics would you suggest for a all-out-attack tactic when you need a goal? And which one for when you are a underdog in an away game against a top club?

Do you use opposition instructions when you test these tactics or is it just every game different approach for OI.

Been following you since day 1!  

@ultrAslan

I would try PSG Tactics on ME 23.1 Tab  either MAD AS A HATTER or TIME WAS.

I would try dropping mentality to Defensive, and use a low conceding tactic like BEOWULF 4231 or 424

Day 1 was a long time ago now!

4 hours ago, knap said:

Day 1 was a long time ago now!

Hahahah yes , I was talking to you on MSN in that time plus there was another guy who was also creating tactics some Asian guy. Dont know if you remember that hahaha.

@Jonny23 I would say it is definitely struggling a bit against bigger teams while steamrolling underdogs.

Here is my first season with Nice, bear in mind we were predicted to finish 2nd so I would say it is for top teams, we did struggle against PSG in both games big time. Also, this is with a lot of micromanagment (training, bringing staff, keeping everyone happy, rotating so everyone is at peak fitness starting matches etc...) Apart from that I didn't really change anything during games, it was plug and play.

1.png

2.png

3.png

Hi Knap, what is your process for testing tactics?

Do you simply set the tactic up, then go on holiday for a season and tick 'use match tactics'?

Does the AI not make alterations to player roles/instructions etc. mid-match?

Keep up the good work!