The 2018 FMCU Awards -Voting

deltablue

It's that time again, the Annual FMCU awards, a year after the last one (funnily enough)!

For those of you not so familiar with this FMCU tradition (the 9th, would you believe?), here are the links to all the past award threads, which are also good to go over again even if you were there to re-live the fun.

The inaugaral FMCU Awards

The Second FMCU Awards

The Third FMCU Awards

The Fourth FMCU Awards

The Fifth FMCU Awards

The Sixth FMCU Awards

The Seventh FMCU Awards

The Eighth FMCU Awards

We're going to have 10 Categories this year...

Best FMCU Newcomer
For the best.... newcomer.

Best FMCU Team
For your favourite side that someone has had. Usually a dafuge stronghold but probably not this year.

Best FMCU Journeyman Career
For the best journeyman career, where people travel around taking charge of multiple sides.

Best FMCU Poster
An individual award for posting activity.

Best FMCU Story
A new award, for the thread with the highest quality of story-telling.

Best FMCU Fountain of Youth
For youth only careers.

Best FMCU Retro Career
The best career on an older version.

Best FMCU Thread Name
For the funniest or most creative thread name.

FMCU Manager of the Year
The top individual award.

Best FMCU Thread
For the best thread of any type.

The rules are much the same as always..

1. Never let suspects stay together

2. Always wear glov...

OK, let's try again...

1. PM all votes to me

2. No voting for yourself, your thread or your teams. Not that anyone tries but it's still worth making clear.

3. Older threads are allowed but not if they've won an award before, so not my thread, and not ManUtd1's old thread, which dominated enough last year as it.

4. Ineligible votes will be ignored (I got fed up of telling people each time in my first couple of years running things, though last year was much better)

5. The deadline for votes is midnight on Thursday 11th October

6. Never say sorry, it's a sign of weakness.

Awards night is currently set for 6pm on Friday 12th October, getting in shortly before the Beta hits.

May the odds be ever in your favour!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I demand that we introduce a "longest thread title" category! :lol:

[Edit]

The link for the 5th awards night thread is wrong @deltablue

I'm not sure a longest thread title category is something you'd need to vote on, plus I think most of yours is taken up by the bit wondering if it would win if there was such a category ;)

I've fixed the link. I just copied and pasted them from the old archive thread. That one was from before I was in charge so I don't think I was the one who did it wrong in the first place :D

This always makes me nervous because I always have this 50/50 thing going on in my brain in which one part knows i'm gonna get voted at least once and the other part does the exact opposite.

I'm not voting since I am just really bad at it. Never know if I pick the (for me) right person.

vote me for best newcomer

Sorry guys. Rodesire isn't a newcomer (his first thread was August 2017, which is close but still rules him out). I considered him myself before I checked. However it means I get to allow Deisler's other nomination ;)

10 hours ago, Minuy600 said:

This always makes me nervous because I always have this 50/50 thing going on in my brain in which one part knows i'm gonna get voted at least once and the other part does the exact opposite.

I'm not voting since I am just really bad at it. Never know if I pick the (for me) right person.

.There is no right or wrong person to vote for. I really urge you to vote, (for anyone at all), because without the voting this doesn't work. 

11 hours ago, Minuy600 said:

Thanks for voting after all :)

33 minutes ago, Minuy600 said:

You're welcome. Jimbo convinced me to.

Brilliant. Well done. Now time for me to do the same.

If I don't have enough of an opinion already, (Retro career for example), I'm going to start at top and not stop until I find a thread worth voting for, (so if you have a decent retro-career and want my vote then update sharpish!) :lol:

1 hour ago, deltablue said:

Sorry guys. Rodesire isn't a newcomer (his first thread was August 2017, which is close but still rules him out). I considered him myself before I checked. However it means I get to allow Deisler's other nomination ;)

I also had a short thread back in 2014, so comeback is the only nomination I could get there ;)

1 hour ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

There is no right or wrong person to vote for. I really urge you to vote, (for anyone at all), because without the voting this doesn't work.

Couldn't agree more with this. For me, the plurality of the opinions is what makes this forum great, everything from a local team going up to well established giants to journeyman adventures

Just now, Jimbokav1971 said:

So Best Newcomer...... new as an account or just new in here? 

New in terms of of posting their first career thread within the past year. For example Fer Fuchs Ake is someone I'm used to seeing around elsewhere for a while but he still qualifies as he hadn't posted a thread on here previously.

10 hours ago, deltablue said:

New in terms of of posting their first career thread within the past year. For example Fer Fuchs Ake is someone I'm used to seeing around elsewhere for a while but he still qualifies as he hadn't posted a thread on here previously.

Yeah, I lurked and commented for a solid year before finally committing to making a thread. :lol:

This is Hans Kaiser. My votes have been sent. As for those who haven't voted yet, I raise you the story of my career.... Hans Kaiser: Baldness Über Alles! This indeed on an older version of the story-telling software (FM17), thus making it eligible for the award you call Best Retro Thread, and has received considerable praise for its in-depth, detailed narrative focus, therefore making it very well-qualified for what you call the Best Story award. And remember, if I don't win in those categories, you will receive a visit from my very talented associates, who may use words and possibly actions to persuade you otherwise.  I am very much looking forward to awards night!
Los! Los! Los!

I think Hans was subtle enough there...

This year's co-host is a stroke of utter genius (though not necessarily mine) :D I just hope I don't end up over-doing it on the big night, but somehow I doubt we'll have a repeat of last year's incident with Miss Piggy. She's going to come prepared.

3 hours ago, deltablue said:

This year's co-host is a stroke of utter genius (though not necessarily mine) :D I just hope I don't end up over-doing it on the big night, but somehow I doubt we'll have a repeat of last year's incident with Miss Piggy. She's going to come prepared.

Be honest, it's Mumbu this year, right? 

Anyways, award night last year was great fun! Can't wait for this year, although my activity has been poor this time around. 

I'll find some (semi)-worthy people and threads to vote for. ;) 

1 hour ago, Fer Fuchs Ake said:

It's gonna be the greatest football player of this generation. Not Messi or Ronaldo of course. I'm talking about Andreas Vogel.

Aye.

With "How I found inner peace and became an utter beast" - by Nicholas Wright as a special. 

Untitled.jpg.c71adb6291f56a516100886bc46b42f6.jpg

Meanwhile in the back, Dube & The Dikgang are playing some progressive transgender folk-hiphop. 

2 hours ago, Fer Fuchs Ake said:

It's gonna be the greatest football player of this generation. Not Messi or Ronaldo of course. I'm talking about Andreas Vogel.

You know I almost did Best Player this year just to vote for Vogel, though it would only have worked if enough people had the same idea :D

28 minutes ago, deltablue said:

You know I almost did Best Player this year just to vote for Vogel, though it would only have worked if enough people had the same idea :D

Oh, I'd have been all over that...

30 minutes ago, deltablue said:

:lol:

It's funny you say that because just earlier today I got a feeling that there was a Best Player category that I'd forgotten to vote in. I had to double check my vote. If there had been, I would've been straight in voting for Vogel. 

3 hours ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

Vogel wins it in spirit. :D 

There are rumors of urVogelism spreading throughout the Turkish countryside, with effigies of urCristiano set alight in various caves.

5 hours ago, deltablue said:

Got 8 sets of votes already, but none for almost two days. I'm bored.

I've started to vote twice, but each time I do I realise I need to do some research and got engrossed in a thread. I read 37 Makoto pages in about 24 hours over the weekend. :idiot:

12 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

Oh, I'd have been all over that...

12 hours ago, Fer Fuchs Ake said:

:lol:

It's funny you say that because just earlier today I got a feeling that there was a Best Player category that I'd forgotten to vote in. I had to double check my vote. If there had been, I would've been straight in voting for Vogel. 

12 hours ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

Vogel wins it in spirit. :D 

9 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

Yeah, I would have had a #VoteForVogel

8 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

There are rumors of urVogelism spreading throughout the Turkish countryside, with effigies of urCristiano set alight in various caves.

Makes me wish I'd done it after all, though in some ways there'd have been no point if it relied entirely on him winning, as well as the fact that we know he was anyway without needing to put it to a vote. I still plan to honour him anyway. As much as that thread was a train-wreck, it was also hilarious and the guy (who had already shown himself to be a massive arse in the general discussion thread) got perma-banned shortly afterwards. :D

12 hours ago, Wavelberry said:

Best player would've been Danny Gormley by a country mile or else I riot at dawn.

Burn the heretic!

29 minutes ago, Fer Fuchs Ake said:

For those who are out of the loop. This was probably one of my favourite moments on FMCU. :D

How did I miss this gem of a thread??

26 minutes ago, deltablue said:

Finally, a new set of votes after almost 3 days!

Hey hey hey... Just because some of us are taking our time, waiting for  *cough*bribe*cough* inspiration to strike...

3 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

Hey hey hey... Just because some of us are taking our time, waiting for  *cough*bribe*cough* inspiration to strike...

You look like a slightly bearded David Tennant.

We're now up to 10 sets of votes this year, having almost reached the half-way stage. For comparision we had 26 last year, so maybe we're not that far behind relatively speaking, but with a majority coming 1-2 days in it does feel very quiet this week. I hope Jimbo's research doesn't over-run as I've just been looking back at last year's voting thread and it seems he didn't get his votes in in time so I hope he doesn't make it two in a row :D

2 hours ago, deltablue said:

We're now up to 10 sets of votes this year, having almost reached the half-way stage. For comparision we had 26 last year, so maybe we're not that far behind relatively speaking, but with a majority coming 1-2 days in it does feel very quiet this week. I hope Jimbo's research doesn't over-run as I've just been looking back at last year's voting thread and it seems he didn't get his votes in in time so I hope he doesn't make it two in a row :D

There is absolutely no way I'm missing the deadline this year. 

I'm on lates this week and busy too, but will have plenty of time over the weekend. :cool:

Archived