The 7th Annual FMCU Awards - Awards Night

deltablue

It's time to play the music
It's time to light the lights
It's time to get things started on the FMCU awards tonight!

2741_ori_portman_road_zpsoajiwkph.jpg

Hello and welcome everybody to the biggest night in the FMCU calendar! And for some reason, you guys let me return to host again ;)

The votes are in and all the the hard work over the past year comes down to this. We have a record 10 awards tonight and a lot of worthy contenders hoping to win them. So Claire, what's the news on the red carpet?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Michelle_Red_Carpet_zpsuie7bbsg.jpg

Well deltablue, I've not known there to be quite so much buzz around the awards for some time. The Fountain of Youth and Best Poster awards are wide open for the first time in a few years. Dafuge won 2 awards last year, even if he doesn't remember it, so can he match or even beat that this time? Forameuss and Abulezz are also tipped to do well, but they face a lot of competition from Makoto Nakamura and Jupjamie among others.

Thank you Claire

Indeed we have a strong list of contenders for each award tonight, so it's a good thing I have a co-host who can talk quickly. I decided a real world celebrity was too mainstream so from NCIS, here's Miss Abby Sciuto...

abby_zpsopyqy7df.jpg

Hi everyone. Um... I hope this won't take too long as I have to get back to my lab and you know Gibbs gets really strict about that.

abby_zpsopyqy7df.jpg

OK, here we go, it's all so exciting! From Abulezz's camp we have Daniel Friar, Shane Forde and John Robertson. From Dafuge's camp we have Konstantin Golubev and Jordi. Dexter Morgan has Steve Murray, Forameuss has Bobby Nicol, and Smp20 has Federico Terenzi!

And the first award of the night goes to... Steve Murray! If that career had lasted a lot longer I reckon he'd have won by a landslide rather than right at the end. As it was the lack of a standout candidate was painfully obvious. so I'm glad we managed to get some sort of a winner in the end.

12 minutes ago, deltablue said:

Well we'll see, as we kick off with the experimental Best FMCU Player award, which I believe was at least partly your idea Jimbo.

Last season, a lot of the more popular threads had stand-out main characters that seemed to drive the save. This season, with the blossoming of the Youth saves, I think this sort of focus around one player has taken a back-seat in favour of behemoth saves that just went on through generation ofter generation of players. 

abby_zpsopyqy7df.jpg

OK, this one is nice and simple. The contenders are... Avenir Beggen - A Luxembourg Youth Challenge Take Two; Back to 2006, a poor man's Andre Villas-Boas; Call me Stan, Adventures in Central Asia and Beyond; Que Sera Sera (Whatever Rhyl Be Rhyl Be); Scandinavian Shankly, the Swedish Chapter and Where the Heck's It Gone? A Hunt for lost glories.

40 minutes ago, Deisler26 said:

Good luck everyone!

*steals Raware's silver shoes*

Just arrived bare foot...someone had stolen my silver shoes! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I suppose it could've been worse...someone could've stolen my trousers and pants!

Wow, I hadn't seen Steve Murray before tonight, but I have to say I'm thoroughly impressed! Unbelievable goalscoring prowess. Certainly would have had my vote if I had seen him before. Congrats to Dexter for breeding such a beast!

abby_zpsopyqy7df.jpg

Oh great! The nominations for this one are... Brody; If at first you don't succeed, blame the game and start again - A San Marino Youth Challenge 2.0; If I had a Nicol for every goal, I'd have just over six dollars; My Journey; Partisan (adj) strongly supporting a person, principle or political party;  RKC from outta nowhere, Waalwijk what a move!!!; The immaculate conception; These Weans get right on my wick; When the red, red, robin comes bob, bob bobbing along and Where the Heck's it Gone? A Hunt for Lost Glories. *collapses*

1 minute ago, deltablue said:

OK, so the winner is... RKC from outta nowhere!! Waalwijk what a move!!!  After all these years, Deisler26 finally wins this award!

Deserved. Been some great ones this year and **** me I got a nomination. That's my Saturday evening made.

I hope everyone's enjoying it so far.

1 minute ago, oriole01 said:

Great win @Deisler26! I voted for you. I'd also like to know who voted for "My Journey".... maybe someone voted for themself?

Someone who liked shorter and simpler thread titles ;)

3 minutes ago, Wavelberry said:

That was me. I went for irony.

Well the winner of that award a couple of years ago was 'Insert Thread Name Here' (albeit with a little bit extra) so there seems to be a history of that with this category ;)

Anyway, on to Best FMCU Poster, so lets see who has taken my crown. Abby is still recovering and hitting the Caf-Pow hard so I'll take this one, which is just as well as there are a lot of names for this award as well, even if they are much shorter...

Archived